PDA

View Full Version : Please explain the purpose of "Waves"?

propagandy
08-09-2017, 11:29 PM
So I've done a search of the forums and perhaps I didn't use the correct search term because I couldn't find the answer to my question.....

What are "Waves", and why would I pick wave I vs Wave V? For instance in the new Brave World Dungeons I can conquer the Wave V enemies, so is there a benefit to choosing a lower level wave since the SOT used are the same?

Yes, I realize this may be a stupid question and maybe I'm missing the obvious, so now that we have that out of the way please school me on what I'm missing!

Thanks!

Coletrain
08-10-2017, 01:24 AM
Just to be clear, you're talking about when you click a level (say brave new world level 2) and then you see the waves of enemies? If so, that is just a preview of what's to come so that you can plan accordingly. You still have to face them all.

propagandy
08-10-2017, 01:55 AM
Just to be clear, you're talking about when you click a level (say brave new world level 2) and then you see the waves of enemies? If so, that is just a preview of what's to come so that you can plan accordingly. You still have to face them all.

I've attached a picture of what I mean. At least I hope I have. My phone isn't making the task ready.

If I beat wave V, I've cleared that level and don't appear to have to clear I-IV to get to that point. Does that help at all?

Lulero
08-10-2017, 02:34 AM
You have to beat all waves no matter what.
That display is just so you can check before going in what is in each wave.
You can't bypass the first 4 and go straight to 5.

propagandy
08-10-2017, 03:53 PM
I think that I am not asking my question correctly. Either that or I am totally not understanding the answer given.

The picture that I posted is from Garden of Fear Level II. As the Brave New World area was just released yesterday, the screenshot was taken as I entered that level for the very first time. As you can see from the screenshot I can in fact play Wave V and have not yet played Waves 1-4. The same can be said for Lord of Light Dungeons as each level has waves I-III available to play. My characters are strong enough ti play the hardest wave in most cases, so I go that route. I am unsure if there is a hidden benefit to playing the other waves that I am missing.

I would think there was a thread or guide on the forum that includes this information but can't seem to find it. If there is one, can someone please direct me there. If there isn't, a further explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Lulero
08-10-2017, 04:55 PM
I think you don't understand my previous answer haha.

Thing is you don't get to choose anything, you will fight all those waves.
If a battle has only one wave, it means you will only fight that one.
If a battle has 5 waves, it means you will have to fight those 5 in order and you can check before going in what's in each wave.
If you "select" wave 3, you will still have to fight waves 4 and 5, but you get to see what foes are in wave 3.

propagandy
08-10-2017, 06:24 PM
Oh!!! Thank you!!! That makes total sense to me now! Wow. I can't believe I didn't think of that before.

I seriously appreciate you taking the time to answer not just once, but twice in a different way I so I could understand.

As always, this community kicks ass!