PDA

View Full Version : Brave New World Talisman Info

Sparton_LOTB
08-10-2017, 11:33 PM
All of the following talismans can be earned in the Brave New World. While some basic talismans are also found in Cosmos worlds, most talismans earned in the Brave New World are not available elsewhere (except for some limited time promotions).

All talismans are found in dungeons appropriate to their colour (Red Talismans in the Warrior Garden of Fear, Green Talismans in the Sentinel/Gunner Garden of Life, etc). To confirm what floors they drop on, use the “REWARDS” button that’s visible when you’re viewing the quest list for a dungeon.

Strength Talismans (Red)
2 Set: ATK +15%

Iron Talismans (Red)
2 Set: DEF +15%

Explosive Talismans (Red)
3 Set: Explosive Augment (35% Chance to deal additional physical damage on a Perfect Hit to all enemies and then a 35% chance to inflict Grievous Burn and HP Drain. Grievous burn deals physical damage based on 5% of the Max HP, with a 35% chance to Reduce Healing and a 35% chance to Stun. HP Drain deals true damage based on 10% of the Max HP, and heal all of this character's enemies who applied HP Drain for 20% of damage.)

Thorn Talismans (Red)
3 Set: Thorn Shield Augment (45% Chance to grant a Thorn Shield to allies on Perfect Attacks. Thorn Shield reduces physical damage by 50%, and reflects 35% of that as true damage to all enemies with a 35% chance to inflict Heal Block or Permadeath.)

Echo Talismans (Red)
4 Set: Echo Passive (35% Chance for Extra Turn on each action.)

Strike Talismans (Red)
3 Set: Strike Passive (Grants Counterstrike for 3 turns at the start of battle. Counterstrike gives a 35% chance to immediately attack the enemy that has just attacked you.)

Meteor Talismans (Red)
4 Set: Meteor Ability (10 Power: Deals physical damage to all enemies. 60% Chance to inflicts up to 5 Physical Burns for 3 turns.)

Rage Talismans (Red)
4 Set: Rage Spear Ability (10 Power: Deals 3 hits of physical damage to all enemies. Disable Enemy Passives for 3 turns. 85% Chance to inflict Furious Burn. Furious Burn deals physical damage over time with a chance to drain Fury every turn.)

Holy Talismans (Blue)
2 Set: MAGIC +15%

Cyclone Talismans (Blue)
3 Set: Cyclone Shield Augment (35% Chance to grant a Cyclone Shield to all allies on Perfect Attacks. Cyclone Shield reduces magic damage taken and reflects true damage to all enemies with a 35% chance to Silence for 1 turn.)

Life Talismans (Blue)
2 Set: Regen Passive (Grants HP Regen for 2 turns at the start of battle.)

Enduring Talismans (Blue)
3 Set: Endure Passive (Grants Endure for 3 turns at the start of battle. Endure makes the character unable to go below 1 HP unless suffering from Permadeath.)

Lightning Talismans (Blue)
4 Set: Lightning Ability (10 Power: 3 hits of magic damage to all enemies. 25% Chance to Shock on each hit. 25% Chance to Remove Beneficial Effects on each hit.)

Comet Talismans (Blue)
4 Set: Comet Ability (10 Power: Deals magic damage to all enemies. 50% Chance Freeze enemies for 2 turns.)

Health Talismans (Green)
2 Set: HP +15%

Guard Talismans (Green)
3 Set: Guard Shield (Grants Guard Shield for 2 turns at the start of battle. Guard Shield reduces damage taken by 25% and generates Fury when hit.)

Advantage Talismans (Green)
2 Set: Advantage Augment (50% Chance to gain Class Advantage and Perfect Hit status for 1 turn on Perfect Hits. Class Advantage makes all damage count as having Class Advantage. Perfect Hit makes all skills count as having Perfect timing.)

Shell Talismans (Green)
2 Set: Damage Reduction Shield Passive (Grants Damage Reduction Shield for 1 turn at the start of battle. Damage Reduction Shield reduces damage taken by 50%.)

Quake Talismans (Green)
4 Set: Quake Ability (10 Power: Deals true damage to all enemies. 75% Chance to Stun for 2 turns. Damage increases based on your Max HP.)

Boost Talismans (Gold)
2 Set: Raise SPECIAL by 25%

Ascension Talismans (Gold)
2 Set: Raise ATK, MAGIC, DEF, and MR by 5%

Chance Talismans (Gold)
3 Set: Critical Chance Bonus (Gain Critical Strike Chance for 3 turns at the start of battle. Critical Strike Chance makes damage have a 35% chance to do double damage.)

Immunity Talismans (Gold)
2 Set: Immunity Passive (Grants Immunity for 1 turn at the start of battle. Immunity prevents the character from gaining negative status effects.)

Zone Talismans (Gold)
4 Set: Zone Eater Ability (10 Power: Deals random damage to all enemies. Inflicts Curse or Silence on all enemies for 5 turns or Doom for 2 turns.)

Resistance Talismans (Purple)
2 Set: HP Increased by 50% of ATK/MAGIC

Resilience Talismans (Purple)
2 Set: DEF/ MR Increased by 30% of ATK/MAGIC

Vampiric Talismans (Purple)
3 Set: HP Gain Augment (Heal for 20% of your Max HP on Perfect Attacks.)

Immortal Talismans (Purple)
3 Set: Revive on Death Passive (Grants Perfect Immortality status at the start of battle for 3 turns. Perfect Immortality status will auto-revive you with 60% HP if you die while the buff is active. Perfect Immortality effect can only be removed by Permadeath.)

90mphyorker
08-10-2017, 11:48 PM
Thanks a lot. This post is very much appreciated! Seems like some very interesting sets in there!

Thedarkness
08-11-2017, 01:27 AM
Thank you Sparton. Very helpful. Rage spear thing looks insane.

Nicko
08-11-2017, 01:13 PM
Sparton - this is great - thanks for posting.

Is there a way to find out relative drop rates?

For example - an Immortality talisman drops in Level 6 and above. But how much more likely am I to get one in level 9 than level 6? Or is it quantity of runes that differs - with dropchances for talismans roughly the same?

Thanks!

Patrice-1201
08-11-2017, 01:56 PM
Excellent info thx for posting Sparton!

slash1424
08-11-2017, 03:40 PM
Very good post! thanks for the info very helpful.

slash-2083

Zapathusara
08-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Tnx Sparton. Is nice to know what we are missing about the skill ones, since we can't farm BNW due to the bad drop rates.

Please, check the other thread about BNW and who it isn't rewarding at all.

Sparton_LOTB
08-11-2017, 05:04 PM
Sparton - this is great - thanks for posting.

Is there a way to find out relative drop rates?

For example - an Immortality talisman drops in Level 6 and above. But how much more likely am I to get one in level 9 than level 6? Or is it quantity of runes that differs - with dropchances for talismans roughly the same?

Thanks!

Higher-floor talismans are exponentially more rare than lower floor ones, but regardless of which floors they're designated to drop on, their more likely to drop the higher the floor you are.

For example, for talismans that drop on floors 7 through 10 (like Immortal Talismans), you'll have the best drop rates for them at floor 10. However, even floor 8 is a bit more likely to drop them than floor 7 if you can't farm that high, so basically punch as high as you can consistently clear.

R1ck
08-11-2017, 05:27 PM
Higher-floor talismans are exponentially more rare than lower floor ones, but regardless of which floors they're designated to drop on, their more likely to drop the higher the floor you are.

For example, for talismans that drop on floors 7 through 10 (like Immortal Talismans), you'll have the best drop rates for them at floor 10. However, even floor 8 is a bit more likely to drop them than floor 7 if you can't farm that high, so basically punch as high as you can consistently clear.

Thanks for explaining.
That is why I didn't get any inmortal talisman farming level V 😁
In 9 runs in level 5 got 3 resilience 1 cyclone and 1 vampiric, not bad

iPoop
08-21-2017, 12:28 AM
@Sparton, FYI, the Rage talis is a 4 set, not a 3 set.

Fudjo
12-04-2017, 09:15 PM
Should this post be moved to or linked to in the Talisman Discusson sub-forum?

iPoop
12-19-2017, 03:56 PM
@Sparton, I think the definitions of the Resistance & Resilience talisman are inverted.

Also, any chance you could add the latest talisman to this list, like TRUE, ANGEL, HUNTER, etc?

rags-6094
05-02-2018, 05:15 AM
The drop rate for Zone, Rage and Lightning is ridiculously low, I've played level 10 of all respective gardens hundreds of times and still don't have a complete set of any of them!

blade685
05-07-2018, 10:35 AM
The drop rate for Zone, Rage and Lightning is ridiculously low, I've played level 10 of all respective gardens hundreds of times and still don't have a complete set of any of them!

i just don't do bnw because of that, drop rate is ridiculous like all RNG in the game

Stormseye
05-08-2018, 02:08 PM
Not evens sure why I even try to get talisman sets. Spend all my SoT and never even get any Talisman let alone the one I am after. Been farming GoF for weeks and still no Echos. Only managed 1 strike and the rest is just runes and evo shards.

T-Man
05-08-2018, 02:55 PM
Not evens sure why I even try to get talisman sets. Spend all my SoT and never even get any Talisman let alone the one I am after. Been farming GoF for weeks and still no Echos. Only managed 1 strike and the rest is just runes and evo shards.

Same here. It’s frustrating. I gave up. I’m not spending ironite for sand refills on this. I now only farm when LoL dungeons are closed, and I have extra sand.

Yup
05-08-2018, 03:04 PM
what're you talking about.. you mean it isn't wonderful to spend 3 full SOT running GOF .. 16 runs... and you end up with 2 talismans.. a Strength (Skilled) and a Strike (Skilled). I mean why on earth would you need BETTER talismans, let alone BETTER classes like Safeguard or Fierce? I've been farming GOF for about a week.... seems the Skilled class of talismans, IF a talisman ever dropped, is the most likely to drop... it sucks.

Ironstyle
05-08-2018, 04:17 PM
I'm done with GOF. Got the one's I'm after (rage talismans). Now I'm after the Zone talismans. Got 3 of 4...next is Lightning. I'm sure I'll be done with that set in about 2 1/2 years.

Drop rates are horrendous and need to be kicked up a notch or 10. With the cost of SoT, it's ridiculous how rare they drop. I know the goal is to have players keep playing, but we need to be rewarded for our efforts. Otherwise it's a chore with no purpose.

Yup
05-08-2018, 04:54 PM
I've got at least 1 set of all the level X talismans (3 sets of comet, 2 lighting, 2 meteor, 2 quake.. then 1 zone and 1 rage) So I don't bother with Level X any more. I get frustrated that I FINALLY get a zone to drop .. and it's an Onslaught class... or FINALLY get a Rage to drop and it's a Skilled class.... shit...... really.. the only time worth farming level X for me is during those "increased drop rate" events or during the free BNW events.

My opinion.... they should ALWAYS drop at the rate they do during the "increased drop rate" events. .. but what do I know :)

Ironstyle
05-08-2018, 06:13 PM
Agreed. I just farm level IX. I can do X, but what's the point? The talismans I need drop at IX anyway. Sure, the probability may be higher, but based on what we know about drop rates, it's probably .00000000000001% better.

hold
05-08-2018, 09:25 PM
Otherwise it's a chore with no purpose.

Welcome to Legacy of the Beast ... A Universe where the word frustration is unknown ... Just imagine where this masterpiece would be without the Iron Maiden branding ...

Ironstyle
05-08-2018, 10:33 PM
dead within months of it's release.

This is why I largely hate these types of grinding games. If all I'm doing is grinding for better gear, there's no real purpose. It's why I stick to single player RPG's for the most part - though I will play just about anything from shooters, to action, RPG...you name it. If it's got a good story I'm playing it. I stick with LotB only because of Maiden. Sure, it's fun...or was...

Here's hoping extreme difficulty puts a bit of fun back in to the game. I want to have to think about my strategy for once. Auto-farming with Navigator Eddie is all well and good, but I want a challenge that doesn't include getting top 5 in PvP.

FabioMcBaltz
09-25-2018, 11:04 PM
Nice thread! Saved my life. LOL