PDA

View Full Version : Mark skill change

Ezz
08-11-2017, 04:32 PM
Hits for damage, marks target, 100% extra turn for 2 pwr? So this is available to use right off the bat for teams that go first in pvp. Awesome, whose brilliant idea was this?

Increase the pwr cost to at least 3 or I will skip fighting defenses with VH.

Ridiculous

slauki
08-11-2017, 05:26 PM
i have a fully sharded VHE and this is really ridiculous. you can mark 4 times with enough power generate fury and then the enemy will sing goodbye cruel world...

it's really not a smart move. let's give extra turn 35% of the time seems more fair....

HomemLivre
08-11-2017, 11:32 PM
Need to say that I sharded my VHE long before his basic skill changes and never used marks. After this patch that changed the mark skill in both VHE and Rainmaker I still not using it becouse its not necessary.
While facing teams with VHE and Rainmaker I did not noticed them using Mark and i face no problem fighting them. Perhaps you just need to try a dif combination of chars and talis to go against it.

I did not use VHE nor Rainmaker in defense and Mark looks ok for me, its easy to nullify it even if you start second.

Ezz
08-11-2017, 11:57 PM
Need to say that I sharded my VHE long before his basic skill changes and never used marks. After this patch that changed the mark skill in both VHE and Rainmaker I still not using it becouse its not necessary.
While facing teams with VHE and Rainmaker I did not noticed them using Mark and i face no problem fighting them. Perhaps you just need to try a dif combination of chars and talis to go against it.

I did not use VHE nor Rainmaker in defense and Mark looks ok for me, its easy to nullify it even if you start second.

I've actually found a team that can defeat him and his cronies pretty regularly, however it requires toons I don't really care for and also forces me to move talismans around and adjust the toons I use on defense. Pain in the butt I don't need.

However I have seen him mark and go berserk with extra turns on the first turn. What it boils down to is there should be no power moves that hit, mark, and give extra turns immediately for the team going first in pvp.

Related note, yesterday I fought a team with VH and WABB. First turn VH got 7 extra turns in a row. 7! By the time he was done all I had left was Viking with a sliver of health. But I'm actually ok with that, just bad luck.

HomemLivre
08-12-2017, 12:05 AM
I've actually found a team that can defeat him and his cronies pretty regularly, however it requires toons I don't really care for and also forces me to move talismans around and adjust the toons I use on defense. Pain in the butt I don't need.

However I have seen him mark and go berserk with extra turns on the first turn. What it boils down to is there should be no power moves that hit, mark, and give extra turns immediately for the team going first in pvp.

Related note, yesterday I fought a team with VH and WABB. First turn VH got 7 extra turns in a row. 7! By the time he was done all I had left was Viking with a sliver of health. But I'm actually ok with that, just bad luck. But power move that marks, hits, and extra turn for those going first? Nope that is baloney.

I understand what you said, it a little hard to build dif teams to use in the arena if you have a limited number of talis sets at your dispposal, but the new tabs of preseted teams was a really good adition to make this work easy and your not alone with that, we all need get over this talis changes and use what we have.

You was extremely out of luck in this 7 attacks and probably some toons with strike would be able to null this attacks.

Now for the marks, if booth VHE and Rainmaker can start using a mark its only one, and he need a perfect hit to trigger it so I really don't see anything wrong with that (and if he do this against me I just need to be happy that his team will have no power to most of the skill in the next turn if they manage to have that turn).

slauki
08-12-2017, 12:22 AM
Now for the marks, if booth VHE and Rainmaker can start using a mark its only one, and he need a perfect hit to trigger it so I really don't see anything wrong with that (and if he do this against me I just need to be happy that his team will have no power to most of the skill in the next turn if they manage to have that turn).

the problem is the invisible offense, if you go 2nd you can damage a toon 4 times put marks on it every time and then trigger them myself with 3 toons left to act...man, no way that's okay. you can killl EVERY toon regardless of shells or other protections. that's simply moronic.

Ezz
08-12-2017, 12:55 AM
the problem is the invisible offense, if you go 2nd you can damage a toon 4 times put marks on it every time and then trigger them myself with 3 toons left to act...man, no way that's okay. you can killl EVERY toon regardless of shells or other protections. that's simply moronic.

This^ is a great point also that I overlooked. My offense win % is way down this week, and my guess is I am not alone there. Talisman changes and people using new and different toons are the reason. And honestly, that's a good thing I am not mad at all. It's fun to have to think each round and be creative with teams rather than just use the same toons over and over and mash buttons. But Mark just seems very exploitable now. Need to increase the cost or reduce that extra turn % to be reasonable.

Blacksteel
08-12-2017, 02:20 AM
Funny how lists are overflowing with VHE's now, maybe is time to join the bandwagon, Mark, instantly gain an extra Spam ...yummy...

IceManFerrar
08-12-2017, 04:02 AM
This is really crazy and I completely agree with you guys. VHE is extremely OP now, and if you throw in Wrath, GCR and Red Buzz, it is VERY hard to beat.

I faced Diabolos quite a few times and lost to him thrice already, once when I went first and twice when he went first. If you throw in Guard Talismans, he was able to get his fury by the 2nd turn, which is ridiculous.

Oh well, another meta which has taken over. I will say that Wrath in the right team is still very OP...I have him and mine NEVER behaves the way the defense ones do. Mine barely takes out any buffs. Sigh, I don't mind challenges, but PvP is not fun at the moment...

DaveMurray
08-12-2017, 02:01 PM
He's an Eddie, he is supposed to be a bit more OP than common toons.
Still dies with 1 hit. Nothing needs to be changed, he is weaker than 4* toons like SSD f.e., not to mention Wrath the 1 hit, remove all buffs and all team die toon.

No more nerfs!

Ezz
08-12-2017, 03:09 PM
He's an Eddie, he is supposed to be a bit more OP than common toons.
Still dies with 1 hit. Nothing needs to be changed, he is weaker than 4* toons like SSD f.e., not to mention Wrath the 1 hit, remove all buffs and all team die toon.

No more nerfs!

I am not saying VHE should be nerfed. I am saying mark skill should be adjusted, mostly to avoid use by teams going first. It should apply to any and all toons with that skill.