PDA

View Full Version : A short letter to my troopers.

Amarthir
08-13-2017, 12:26 AM
I hope you all have been enjoying Brave New World as much as I have. But with this new update has come a slew of bugs and issues, not the least of which has been freezing even while in the normal world like battlefield, on auto even. Because of all this, and due to Slayer, Behemoth and Lamb of God coming to my town this Thursday, I'll be reducing my play time alot. It's too bad because with this event going on, it could have been fun. I just wish it was one tier lower because I sacrificed 3 4* and got only 1 4* in return. I'll try to play all of my forum friends' troopers this week but I need a break to get ready for the excitement this Thursday.

GotN
08-13-2017, 04:18 PM
Wow, great line-up! F..k your cellphone and go heavy headbanging man! Have a lot of fun! \m/

Amarthir
08-13-2017, 04:32 PM
Wow, great line-up! F..k your cellphone and go heavy headbanging man! Have a lot of fun! \m/

Hell yeah man, I've been waiting ever since this lineup was announced. Bought pit tickets the day they released.

Crazypants
08-13-2017, 06:52 PM
No prob. man thanks for the heads up. My buddy saw that lineup when they were touring the states and said Lamb blew Slayer outta the water. I personally haven't seen Slayer since Jeff died and not sure if i want to. :(

My first Slayer show holds the title for being the most insane metal show I've ever seen. Early 90s sold out venue, everyone going completely fucking insane before the show even started. Girls climbing on the stage flashing their tits before the band came out and drunken fights popping off everywhere. When they finally started the whole ground floor was a pit. PPl jumping off the 2nd balcony into the pit. Security scared shitless and all hiding in a corner by exit. Total bedlam the whole show. I loved it. Enjoy the show!

Amarthir
08-13-2017, 07:00 PM
No prob. man thanks for the heads up. My buddy saw that lineup when they were touring the states and said Lamb blew Slayer outta the water. I personally haven't seen Slayer since Jeff died and not sure if i want to. :(

My first Slayer show holds the title for being the most insane metal show I've ever seen. Early 90s sold out venue, everyone going completely fucking insane before the show even started. Girls climbing on the stage flashing their tits before the band came out and drunken fights popping off everywhere. When they finally started the whole ground floor was a pit. PPl jumping off the 2nd balcony into the pit. Security scared shitless and all hiding in a corner by exit. Total bedlam the whole show. I loved it. Enjoy the show!

Sounds like it was a total blast. Yeah my buddy and I have been working out almost daily to get in shape for this show. I remember the last show I went to, it had Avatar and I started the first pit fight and this dude actually broke his collar bone and had to be carried off by the time they were done with their second song. I've been wanting to see Slayer for a few years now and seeing behemoth and lamb of god is an excellent bonus. I haven't listened to much of their music but from what I've heard, Lamb of God is gonna be pretty brutal, same with Behemoth.

GotN
08-13-2017, 07:16 PM
I saw Slayer several times with and without Jeff (R.I.P. man) and was sceptical at the beginning too. But I have to say the band lost nothing in power and dedication! With every gig you have the feeling the guys rock to heaven just for Jeff to honor and remember him, not only by playing "Angel of death" for him each and every time. He was an amazing guitar player and person and of course can never be replaced, but Gary is doing an awesome job! Just go and watch them out Crazy, you won't regret it! \m/

Crazypants
08-13-2017, 08:18 PM
I saw Slayer several times with and without Jeff (R.I.P. man) and was sceptical at the beginning too. But I have to say the band lost nothing in power and dedication! With every gig you have the feeling the guys rock to heaven just for Jeff to honor and remember him, not only by playing "Angel of death" for him each and every time. He was an amazing guitar player and person and of course can never be replaced, but Gary is doing an awesome job! Just go and watch them out Crazy, you won't regret it! \m/

Definitely not shitting on Gary in anyway. I have nothing against Gary. Love him in Exodus and have the utmost respect for his common sense politics calling out the bullshit on both sides of the US political spectrum. Its hard to explain but its just kinda weird for me without Jeff. I have so many memories of Slayer and combined with that im not the biggest thrash/death metal fan that I was in my youth, Its just not the same for me anymore. Similar if Maiden were to replace Niko (which there's been a bunch of fan talk about over the past few years) Id probably never see them again either. Maybe im just becoming an old fart lol.

Chaosego888
08-14-2017, 03:20 AM

Hell yeah man, the good old days when shows were actually brutal. My first show was Slayer opening for Motorhead in 1988, saw them 3 times on the Clash of the Titans tours and once when they played 24 songs on the Seasons in the Abyss tour. I said I never wanted to see them without Jeff but a friend gave me a ticket last year and they were still good. The biggest thing without Jeff being there is they have regressed so much lyrically since Divine Intervention. They sounded less Juvenile when they were teenagers.

thealchemist
08-14-2017, 05:36 AM
Enjoy the show and don't worry too much about badges.