PDA

View Full Version : Askora checking out

Askora
08-14-2017, 04:30 AM
The time has come and gone that I should have stopped playing. It's finally reached the point where I have absolutely no desire to play. I'm trying to play through the end of the week and as of this moment have played nearly all my troopers since reset, but now is the time to seek a new trooper. A few have been with me for quite a while, a few for only a short time. Thank you all for the badges, the competition, the camaraderie here in the forums. It's been a pleasure.

It's no longer fun, and the long awaited BNW is an epic joke with the flurry of new and old bugs it's brought. Visually it's great and it does provide more of a challenge than the regular dungeon levels, but the bugs and the cost/reward ratio make it a failure. Don't get me wrong, even had BNW been great I'm still at a point where I'm ready to take a break. I started playing December of 2016 and have played every day religiously which is a lot of time to donate towards a game.

I'm not sacrificing my roster, so there will always be a chance I can come back but for now I just need time away to do things I enjoy. The direction of the game is also not one that I care to follow. There was a time that I believed in it, but with the current direction I'm appalled. It almost seems as though NF is doing their best to drive long time players away, it makes sense as new players won't know that the game was ever anything more than a money grab with no rewards.

You know why they won't tell you drop rates? Because of how horrible they are. A quick one for you, in BNW Fear Level 10 each drop (65% chance of 3, 35% chance of 2 and 15% chance of 4) you have a 3% chance for a chance of a talisman. From there it's still a 28% chance you only get gold and with 12 talismans in that group you have to be really lucky to build a set in any remotely reasonable amount of time. The thing you're most likely to get farming that level is 4 3* Red Runes per drop. For the time investment and the ironite investment that's pathetic. I've done the research and unless there is some other weighting factor those numbers are accurate. As a side note, it really is a 50/50 coin toss going into pvp and yes the defense gets a hefty buff on effects proc'ing.

Up the Irons!

Askora-8071 (Kevin)

Zerynx
08-14-2017, 04:36 AM
Thanks for all the badges, and I get it. I've only been playing since April, and I'm starting to wonder how I'll keep up with 50 troopers a day and no SOT refill on level up, when I hit level 100.

Anyway, it was good to have a fellow Texan on the team and I'll keep you on for sure.

Crazypants
08-14-2017, 05:16 AM
Damn man another trooper gone. You echoed a lot of complaints most of us have. Hate to see ya go but you gotta do whats best for you. Take care of yourself Brother.

slauki
08-14-2017, 01:01 PM
have a good time aside the game askora, sad to see another forum member loses his interest, but well, most of us understand the issue. it takes them 1 year to release BNW and they did some real basic mistakes, that chases players away. hope this will be adresses asap, otherwise we will see many more of these posts.

best wishes man

blade685
08-14-2017, 01:07 PM
Good job dev team, you're in the right way....we are losing all players

Blacksteel
08-14-2017, 01:15 PM
See you Askora and hope all goes well for you, maybe see you back some day if all things align, thanks.
Devs your work was nice in concept and content, if a bit delayed, but, the character bugs, reward vs cost ratio which is kinda bad after the first run and all the freeze and crash make it suck, I recommend to be more careful in the future, good players are leaving.

gmac
08-14-2017, 01:25 PM
Sorry to see you go :/

Good luck and let us know if you ever come back!

cheers
gmac

blade685
08-14-2017, 01:28 PM
See you Askora and hope all goes well for you, maybe see you back some day if all things align, thanks.
Devs your work was nice in concept and content, if a bit delayed, but, the character bugs, reward vs cost ratio which is kinda bad after the first run and all the freeze and crash make it suck, I recommend to be more careful in the future, good players are leaving.

we told them since a long time but they don't or want understand :o

kkkreg5
08-14-2017, 02:52 PM
The time has come and gone that I should have stopped playing. It's finally reached the point where I have absolutely no desire to play. I'm trying to play through the end of the week and as of this moment have played nearly all my troopers since reset, but now is the time to seek a new trooper. A few have been with me for quite a while, a few for only a short time. Thank you all for the badges, the competition, the camaraderie here in the forums. It's been a pleasure.

It's no longer fun, and the long awaited BNW is an epic joke with the flurry of new and old bugs it's brought. Visually it's great and it does provide more of a challenge than the regular dungeon levels, but the bugs and the cost/reward ratio make it a failure. Don't get me wrong, even had BNW been great I'm still at a point where I'm ready to take a break. I started playing December of 2016 and have played every day religiously which is a lot of time to donate towards a game.

I'm not sacrificing my roster, so there will always be a chance I can come back but for now I just need time away to do things I enjoy. The direction of the game is also not one that I care to follow. There was a time that I believed in it, but with the current direction I'm appalled. It almost seems as though NF is doing their best to drive long time players away, it makes sense as new players won't know that the game was ever anything more than a money grab with no rewards.

You know why they won't tell you drop rates? Because of how horrible they are. A quick one for you, in BNW Fear Level 10 each drop (65% chance of 3, 35% chance of 2 and 15% chance of 4) you have a 3% chance for a chance of a talisman. From there it's still a 28% chance you only get gold and with 12 talismans in that group you have to be really lucky to build a set in any remotely reasonable amount of time. The thing you're most likely to get farming that level is 4 3* Red Runes per drop. For the time investment and the ironite investment that's pathetic. I've done the research and unless there is some other weighting factor those numbers are accurate. As a side note, it really is a 50/50 coin toss going into pvp and yes the defense gets a hefty buff on effects proc'ing.

Up the Irons!

Askora-8071 (Kevin)

This is really disheartening to read. You have been the biggest proponent of patience with NF. You seem to have the best grasp of their business model. Your loss coupled with Mammy's is a tough one. This makes 5-6 senior members in the last few weeks. Apparently, NF feels that enough "new suckers" are joining that they can get by. I will not use really money again on this game. Thanks Nodding Frog.

Mariner-1212
08-14-2017, 03:00 PM
Going to miss seeing you around here, Kevin. Best wishes brother, take care of your health and enjoy your life. If you wander back and want a Trooper (and if I'm still here), send me a request \m/

Patrice-1201
08-14-2017, 03:05 PM
sorry to see you go buddy :-(

I do understand the why though...

Silentknight
08-14-2017, 03:06 PM
You'll be back when they fix the bugs so...never!!! Hope ur sticking with F2F!

Askora
08-14-2017, 07:10 PM
Thank you all for that, one of the things that makes this game hard to put down is the community in the forum. Also having been a Maiden fan for 35+ years and getting to play the songs and Eddie come to life are big draws. Not sacrificing my team, so always a chance I'll be back but even if I do come back I don't expect to make the same amount of commitment to the game.

Witkacy
08-14-2017, 07:32 PM
Thank you all for that, one of the things that makes this game hard to put down is the community in the forum. Also having been a Maiden fan for 35+ years and getting to play the songs and Eddie come to life are big draws. Not sacrificing my team, so always a chance I'll be back but even if I do come back I don't expect to make the same amount of commitment to the game.

Askora :)

Take care and all the best man!... Not cool when so many good forum members being gone, but it's understandable why...

Cheers,

W

BG840
08-14-2017, 09:05 PM
Man I hated to read this but I get it. Thanks for all the badges, wisdom, and patience with the game Askora! Enjoy the freedom of life again. Take care of yourself out there. With all the forum members leaving soon I won't have any troopers left.

MrFreeze
08-14-2017, 10:18 PM
Best of luck with everything. I'll keep sending badges for a while. I might not be far behind you. BNW is not what I was hoping for, and waiting for it was what kept me here. I'm getting pretty close to maxing all of my characters. Once that's done I have nothing to play for. I was hoping to max all my talismans with BNW, but fuck that. I'm starting to doubt that the devs really play this game. I know they have accounts, but if they actually played it like we do, they'd see how messed up things are.

Anyway, good luck. I'll keep you on til I see your gone for a few weeks, if I make it that long.

IceManFerrar
08-14-2017, 11:11 PM
Sorry to see you go, Kevin...you were a great forum member. Reading about you and Hypnos/Mammy leaving is very sad indeed. I feel your pain and completely understand why you are leaving. BNW is a disappointment and after finishing it the same day, I am quite done. I deleted the game yesterday and not sure if I will return to it, even IF they release Night City.

Best of luck in real life and your health. Take care, Maiden-head!

Cheers,
Ice

T-Man
08-15-2017, 03:02 AM
Sorry to see you go, but I certainly get it. Best to you man.

Lulero
08-15-2017, 05:19 PM
Have fun Askora, you too IceManFerrar! Been nice to be part of the same community for a while.

Chaosego888
08-16-2017, 08:03 PM
Hate to see another forum member leave. Good luck and stay healthy.

Tridimensionale
08-16-2017, 09:56 PM
Damn it! I hate seeing you go, but maybe is the smartest choise.. thank u for the badges & all the advices here on forum. i ll miss your wisdom my friend :(
Best wishes, and I hope you will return someday

Askora
08-16-2017, 10:38 PM
Thanks again, the community is definitely the hardest part to leave. Looking forward to this weekend and taking a much deserved break.

Had BNW been more of what we expected it would probably have only delayed me taking a leave of absence. So, BNW is really not the reason. I only had two legitimate losses in BNW when the dragon king doomed Eddie, three more losses due to freezing. The good news is that the devs do listen (sometimes :D), even if it seems we have to take a proverbial brick to the head approach. I'm glad to see that they've been working to make it right with the players. The bigger hope is that they don't make a repeat in the future. We know there are going to be bugs, but this was bad. The low rewards, making it considerably more difficult for newer players to level up, high cost and the lack of any fanfare just made it worse. As long as they're not using their AI to plan things I'm sure it will get better.

Can't wait til Saturday. Lots of guitar time planned. :cool:

Askora
08-20-2017, 12:30 AM
Finished with a bang! Managed to pull Mystic and Eternity this week to round out the Eddie collection.

Have fun! Will miss it, but maybe I'll be back. Looking forward to the free time.

Kevin

kkkreg5
08-20-2017, 12:32 AM
Awesome Man! Take care brother!

Blacksteel
08-20-2017, 12:47 AM
Finished with a bang! Managed to pull Mystic and Eternity this week to round out the Eddie collection.

Have fun! Will miss it, but maybe I'll be back. Looking forward to the free time.

Kevin

You know you've got to test those new Eddies :) \m/

T-Man
08-20-2017, 01:48 AM

Kevin

Cool deal! I just pulled Clair to round out my eternity team. Hope to see you back after a break. Best to you.