PDA

View Full Version : Unable to play since Friday - sorry, fellow Troopers

Fudjo
08-14-2016, 08:49 PM
I've been unable to play since Friday. My apologies to all my Troopers out there. Hopefully the Support team can fix this soon.

- Satan81-5023

Elindor
08-14-2016, 11:27 PM
Same here. You're not alone bro.

Kaijester
08-15-2016, 01:39 PM
Fudjo, have you tried to delete and reinstall the game? I had the same problem and reinstall worked for me. Facebook login so no data lost.

Fudjo
08-15-2016, 03:50 PM
Whoa! That appears to have worked! Many thanks!

EDIT: Nope. I do get to start the game, but the worlds are all reset back to the start. When I finish the first battle, there's a server error.

Kaijester
08-15-2016, 04:08 PM
Okay now you can try this. There's a data conflict somewhere, so you can try and delete some talisman, shards, rune and also try to remove some talisman from the character. The data conflict is mostly something that you last did or obtain before the bug occur.

You might need to reinstall several times to delete or move things..

Elindor
08-15-2016, 11:07 PM
I tried to reinstall everything also several times, Facebook login so hopefully no data loss, but how would I know, it never gets past the damn loading screen... At least the music is nice.

Jennie-5128
08-16-2016, 05:55 AM
Same here. Reinstall doesn't help; I'd love to try and mess about with my inventory but I don't get to that point. I am the loading screen queen...

Kaijester
08-16-2016, 06:08 AM
If you have login this game with another device before, it might help if you try to login with the other device.

12lisa
08-16-2016, 09:08 AM
I´m unable to play, as well. Sadly, nothing of the above mentioned temporary solutions fixed it (at least the ones I could apply). Wrote a ticket 3 days ago, now patiently waiting for a reply.

Dutch
08-16-2016, 09:17 AM
Im on Ios and im linked into FB but havent experienced any of these issues, however, i did uninstall the app and reinstalled this which might have done the trick. When uninstalling/deleting the app on ios, you need to make sure to go into your gamecenter app and slide left on LOTB and click remove, which deletes all files and data for the game, after that download the game again and install.

PS make sure that your account is linked either via FB or a roadhouse account to prevent loss of progress.

Fudjo
08-16-2016, 09:06 PM
I deleted the app again, which was the only way to get the most recent update. After re-install, I kept getting server connection errors. After waiting a few hours to try again, I'm now consistently stuck in the loading screen, with the bar about 75%. I've also not gotten a response from support apart from the automated message when I sent them email. This is the second time I've had a problem like this, and I didn't get a response from support that time, either.

Elindor
08-17-2016, 08:34 AM
I guess we just have to wait for them to understand what the problem is and fix it on the server (because the problem is with the accounts, not the devices). Whenever they get it we will all be able to play at once I think.

Fudjo
08-17-2016, 09:42 AM
I guess we just have to wait for them to understand what the problem is and fix it on the server (because the problem is with the accounts, not the devices). Whenever they get it we will all be able to play at once I think.

My speculation at what is happening is that something is going wrong with either how the application sends the account information/updates to the servers or how the servers process that incoming information and store it in the account database. It's happening in such a way that it requires a manual repair for some/most/many accounts, rather than a database script that can resolve it in a big sweep. Having to repair each one by hand is time-consuming and if there's a large volume of these incidents, we could be in for a lengthy wait. I can understand that the support team and developers might feel that their time is best spent fixing the problems rather than sending individual emails telling everyone they're working on it - I think this would be shortsighted from a customer relations perspective, but I can understand the intention of maximizing effort. I can understand that the company might prioritize who gets helped first based on how much money they've spent on the game . I've spent a small amount of money on the game and I know from reading these forums that others have spent much, much more. I have no problem with helping them first.

However, I have a significant problem with spending money on a product, having the product repeatedly become non-functional, and then receiving no meaningful communication whatsoever from the support team. When the game works, it's a lot of fun. The community on this forum is really cool and I'd like to stick around. I hope the problems get sorted out quickly and sorted out well. It would go a long way towards making me feel better about the situation and it would give me confidence that things will be resolved if Roadhouse reached out to me and others.

Jennie-5128
08-17-2016, 10:28 AM
Still no game. Still no reply from support. Getting REALLY annoyed now.

Bryan-3528
08-17-2016, 05:57 PM
Still no game. Still no reply from support. Getting REALLY annoyed now.

Jennie did you get an auto reply email shortly after you sent yours to support?

Jennie-5128
08-17-2016, 06:01 PM
Yup, Bryan, but nothing since.

maxdeviations
08-17-2016, 08:10 PM
i am in the same boat ... loading is stuck at 75% and support does not care. Matt replied that they are ironing out a few glitches in the rift dungeons .. means no one will be working on fixing the loading screen issue till rift is fixed. he did say that they are trying their best. does not sound too promising. the game is down for a lot of people for almost a week. i must say this is highly unprofessional. hopefully someone helps us to login at the very least. disappointed .....

Jennie-5128
08-17-2016, 11:32 PM
I just got email from support; they fixed my account and I can log in (9500 trooper badges lol) but it does look like they are having to fix each account manually, so it might be a while everyone. Hang in there.

Gonzo
08-17-2016, 11:33 PM
I just got email from support; they fixed my account and I can log in (9500 trooper badges lol) but it does look like they are having to fix each account manually, so it might be a while everyone. Hang in there.

Glad to have you back...

I did not remove you from my friends list :P

kryton
08-17-2016, 11:42 PM
Glad to have you back...

I did not remove you from my friends list :P

Welcome Back :) Same for me,haven't deleted anyone actually.

maxdeviations
08-18-2016, 12:23 AM
great news Jennie. hopefully i get my account fixed as well .. how many times did you email them ? any compensation apart from the trooper badges ?

Fudjo
08-18-2016, 08:25 AM

Did they contact you saying the account was fixed, or did you find out by launching the game?

Jennie-5128
08-18-2016, 09:48 AM
I only ever emailed them once, didn't do extra nagging.

They contacted me - I got an email saying "we think we've fixed it but try it and let us know". I tried it, it worked, I emailed them back to say it worked, and they sent me a code for a bit of ironite.

Elindor
08-18-2016, 09:50 AM
Same here, fixed :)

Fudjo
08-18-2016, 10:16 AM
I only ever emailed them once, didn't do extra nagging.

They contacted me - I got an email saying "we think we've fixed it but try it and let us know". I tried it, it worked, I emailed them back to say it worked, and they sent me a code for a bit of ironite.

Ok, great to know. I think I sent my email to support 2-3 days after you, so perhaps my account will get sorted out this weekend or Monday.

Jennie-5128
08-18-2016, 10:40 AM
Fingers crossed for you sweetie

woodol
08-18-2016, 12:24 PM
My similar issue fixed by the support too.
great news

Bryan-3528
08-18-2016, 12:55 PM

YAY!!!!!

also good to hear the trooper badges we have been sending you actually went thru and are there for you...

i wont comment about the trooper purchase bugs here since it's more of a priority that peoples accounts get fixed to log in first.

Jennie-5128
08-18-2016, 01:30 PM
YAY!!!!!

also good to hear the trooper badges we have been sending you actually went thru and are there for you...
Yeah, got a bunch of dupes, but that's the way the legacy cookie crumbles, right? ;)
At least i got a golden son from a normal soul drop :)