PDA

View Full Version : RNG gripes

Andrew-4345
08-18-2017, 07:16 AM
Starting to get really annoyed at the RNG in pvp, a few examples from last 13 games:

- coin toss won 3 times out of 13
- in 13 games my GRE repeated his basic attack once (all perfect hits). In contrast, AI defence GRE only didn't proc once with four goes (mostly only ever seen 3) in one turn
- if you play the same person more than once, I.e. You lost and replayed, and you lost the coin toss first time you lose it every time you play them after. I only had one match to clear my board and claim two sands but had 3 games left. Used all 3 and from losing the toss each time I lost the game.

I get this is just me being bitter but I don't remember the RNG being this bad before.

Browno
08-18-2017, 08:20 AM
Try a different team setup if you loose. May be your current team thats not good enough.

Andrew-4345
08-18-2017, 08:49 AM
I get that I'm building a new team up but that takes time. I'm not annoyed at the losses per se, the manner of the RNG driven luck side of it - the elements the player has no control over

90mphyorker
08-18-2017, 09:28 AM
RNG has been getting on my tits the past few days. Especially Sentinel Souless Demon with Strike Talismans. Had a ridiculous RNG incident the other day with one. Lost a few matches against SSD/Wrath teams where I lose the toss and I lose without even going myself. If any of my characters counterstrike him my screen just turns into him jumping across the screen counterstriking any attack and taunting 3/4 of my team. When they taunt back he just counterstrikes back and it loops on until he's dead, or I'm wiped out. Frustrating but whatever.

Kris-0707
08-18-2017, 09:30 AM
Coin toss is not that bad comparing to game freezing, Sometimes better is to start 2nd so coin toss doesnt make huge difference right now. Few months ago it was pain, now I don't care if I go first or 2nd.
Game freeze is a problem. I lost about 20 games early this week, quite frustrating when you see all your toons with almost full hp and the player you fighting with has just 1 toon with 10% hp and you can't do anything rather than force quit the game and loose the fight.

slash1424
08-18-2017, 04:06 PM
Yeah I agree the coin toss is bad when you lose and don't have counter strike on one or more of your team. My opionion is that counter strike is the most powerful talisman in pvp. Explosive is pretty close too. At least those are the ones I have the most trouble with.

slash-2083