PDA

View Full Version : Dragon King's Doom

HeadOnFire
08-19-2017, 06:32 AM
He always dooms Eddie. In the Garden of Dismay (the one that drops the talismans that I need) I just barely manage to hit the giant prick enough times to get his shield down and deal a bit of damage, and his (supposedly random) doom effect always goes to my Eddie. If it doomed anyone else, I'd be able to win, but it always dooms Eddie so that my entire team gets killed. Has anyone else noticed a pattern of this or have I just been getting unlucky?

Kardas
08-19-2017, 10:51 AM
He always dooms Eddie. In the Garden of Dismay (the one that drops the talismans that I need) I just barely manage to hit the giant prick enough times to get his shield down and deal a bit of damage, and his (supposedly random) doom effect always goes to my Eddie. If it doomed anyone else, I'd be able to win, but it always dooms Eddie so that my entire team gets killed. Has anyone else noticed a pattern of this or have I just been getting unlucky?

I've had it happen a few times as well. Eddie getting Doomed sucks. That said, there are ways around it. I don't know what levels you've completed, but enemies have an invisible Accuracy Up boost on Floor X, so in terms of luck prepare for the worst (as in, MCR Freezing your entire team for 2 turns).
My suggestion: bring either the Sentinel Corrupt Droid, Warrior Pyro Soldier, or the Golden Pharaoh Dog, and make sure you have Immunity up whenever you the Boss' Fury meter is full.

HeadOnFire
08-22-2017, 02:31 AM
Floor X, hah. I think I'm only at VII. Anyway, I've read a few of your other posts regarding the Dragon King fights and have come to realize the value of immunity. There are still a lot of characters I haven't unlocked and don't have nearly the shards to level and evolve them, but I did recently pull the Clairvoyant, whose fury skill helps tremendously. Not quite as good as group immunity since Doom can't be cured, but I will definitely seek out characters that grant immunity. Thanks Kardas, cheers!