PDA

View Full Version : To shard or not to shard

MetalKing
08-21-2017, 12:39 AM
Please post recommendations here, and if you have 2 or more that you are struggling to choose from.
My choices are Aces High, Vampire Hunter, or 4 star Navigator.

MrFreeze
08-21-2017, 01:21 AM
Please post recommendations here, and if you have 2 or more that you are struggling to choose from.
My choices are Aces High, Vampire Hunter, or 4 star Navigator.

You can't go wrong with VHE right now. Hopefully the devs don't go and change him after just recently making him so much fun. Maybe the mark skill could use a tune, but they should leave everything else alone. He'll cost you a lot of skill shards to max.

I don't have either of the gunners, but I like them both from troopers that I've used. I'd pick navigator of the two if I had them. That's a tough choice though, they're all good.

T-Man
08-21-2017, 02:43 AM
My 2 favorite Eddies at the moment (Nav, VH). I just scored Nav last week. Hard call, but Vamp takes 9 more skill shards than Nav I believe.

I don't have my AH shared, and haven't used him in some time.

If skill shards aren't a issue, I would go VH. You can't go wrong here, but Vamp is a just a blast to use right now.

Like MFreeze mentioned, I just hope VH doesn't get nerfed.

Blacksteel
08-21-2017, 03:28 PM
If you are looking to build a good PVP team VHE is a top choice for the current meta, he needs the right talismans to really use his potential mind you.
Navigator is also good on PVP and can be very useful for PVE as well, Aces High well he can give some nice crit's and has good team support abilities but if it was between him and VHE I would go VHE.

Tridimensionale
08-21-2017, 05:00 PM
As stated above VHE is the best choise right now.. but almost 30 skill shard & the devs love to nerf op toons.. be carefull

Zerynx
08-21-2017, 05:20 PM
I have a fully sharded Navigator and he is bad ass. His fury is kind of under powered, but if does give you class advantage as well as blinding the other team.

His best weapon though is Dead Reckoning. The cannon fire. On top of looking pretty sweet, and dealing massive damage, when fully sharded you have a 35% of removing beneficial effects on each enemy on each hit! It deals 6 hits. The description says it's random, but if Lucy (Gunner Corrupt Rescuer) still has her shield after a blast I get annoyed. LOL.

I will say, I'm lucky enough to have Mr Freeze as a trooper, and I play his VHE every day cuz it's so damn fun. I have noticed that the VHE Claim hit, which is the only one that hits all enemies, is about the same in power as the Navigator's Landfall which is his basic hit. (Also hits all enemies.)

VHE's fury will kill anything, and it's awesome to watch!

Personally, because I like to roll with a Prisoner and a Angel of Fury, I like that I can hit all enemies with my Navigator. Might be up to how you play, but if it was me, I'd have them both on my list to shard up. You can't go wrong.

Then you can work on your AH Eddie.

blade685
08-22-2017, 02:00 PM
NAV and VE are the best actually and I don't have them :rolleyes
I never have the best actual team for pvp ^^
And only stay at top 50 max because of that

Dank Brew
08-22-2017, 04:58 PM
How sad, I don't have any of those Eddies... One day... ONE DAY!!!!
I've always wanted AH cause one of my troopers is strong as hell.

MrFreeze
08-22-2017, 09:38 PM
I have a fully sharded Navigator and he is bad ass. His fury is kind of under powered, but if does give you class advantage as well as blinding the other team.

His best weapon though is Dead Reckoning. The cannon fire. On top of looking pretty sweet, and dealing massive damage, when fully sharded you have a 35% of removing beneficial effects on each enemy on each hit! It deals 6 hits. The description says it's random, but if Lucy (Gunner Corrupt Rescuer) still has her shield after a blast I get annoyed. LOL.

I will say, I'm lucky enough to have Mr Freeze as a trooper, and I play his VHE every day cuz it's so damn fun. I have noticed that the VHE Claim hit, which is the only one that hits all enemies, is about the same in power as the Navigator's Landfall which is his basic hit. (Also hits all enemies.)

VHE's fury will kill anything, and it's awesome to watch!

Personally, because I like to roll with a Prisoner and a Angel of Fury, I like that I can hit all enemies with my Navigator. Might be up to how you play, but if it was me, I'd have them both on my list to shard up. You can't go wrong.

Then you can work on your AH Eddie.

Thanks! Glad to have you as a trooper as well. Metalking is also a trooper of mine. Have you made a choice on who to shard yet? It's a tough one. You'd think VHE would be a no brainer, but if your starting with zero skill shards, getting 33 of them takes a while.

konstifik
08-23-2017, 09:48 AM
Thanks! Glad to have you as a trooper as well. Metalking is also a trooper of mine. Have you made a choice on who to shard yet? It's a tough one. You'd think VHE would be a no brainer, but if your starting with zero skill shards, getting 33 of them takes a while.

VHE takes 27 shards, not 33. Still a lot of course.

MrFreeze
08-23-2017, 10:19 AM
VHE takes 27 shards, not 33. Still a lot of course.

You got me confused. There's 33 on mine

Edit. Oh wait, I'm counting the numbers. Your prob right.

MetalKing
08-24-2017, 12:10 AM
Thanks all! I only have 10 shards to spend. Sharded Wrath when I got him. I'll save them for the two you recommended until I get another immortal.
@mr freeze I'm one of your troopers. Want me to switch my carriage rider champion for my newly acquired and sharded Wrath?

MrFreeze
08-24-2017, 01:56 AM
Thanks all! I only have 10 shards to spend. Sharded Wrath when I got him. I'll save them for the two you recommended until I get another immortal.
@mr freeze I'm one of your troopers. Want me to switch my carriage rider champion for my newly acquired and sharded Wrath?

Whatever you want. It doesn't matter to me. Good choice putting them in wrath, he's useful everywhere.