PDA

View Full Version : Fastest/most economic skill shard farming

Andrew-4345
08-21-2017, 09:03 PM
Im looking for some thoughts on the most economic ways to get skill shards (and please don't say come top in PVP!)

I'm currently getting a minimum of 3 a week:
- 1 x PVP (coins)
- 2 x Trooper points (averaging 5k points every third or fourth day in a week)

Occasionally I've been lucky and got some from skull quests but those are few and far between and not guaranteed, and I'm pretty much cleaned out as rewards from quests and missions. Just wonder if anyone's figured out a trick or rythm to improving the grind? How many do most people get in a week?

Mariner-1212
08-21-2017, 09:14 PM
Improving your Trooper pool will help you pull an extra one each week. With members from here you should be able to pull at least 3 per week.

Other than that, the Vortex meter in the sacrifice chamber. I just pulled 7 shards from that last week. If you farm LOL you can get basic souls which chip away at that meter. LOL X has dropped rare souls on occasion lately too.

Nicko
08-22-2017, 02:31 AM
I think Mariners advice is great. Get reliable Troopers and that's 3-4 extra shards a month. Sacrifice those useless souls and work towards the Vortex. Other than SQ and placing top 25 in PvP not much else you can do.

Upping the limit in the PvP store would be cool - as would a Skillshard event - but at this point those are only pipe dreams...

Andrew-4345
08-22-2017, 12:30 PM
Cheers guys. Don't know if it's good to know I'm already doing the right things or get depressed because I'm doing the right things and the thought of how many shards I need is overwhelming!

Dank Brew
08-22-2017, 04:51 PM
Cheers guys. Don't know if it's good to know I'm already doing the right things or get depressed because I'm doing the right things and the thought of how many shards I need is overwhelming!

I'm with you on that... I'm kinda sad that i'm already doing all this (other than PvP, no time to farm, use 50 troops, and compete...)

Amarthir
08-22-2017, 05:47 PM
I'd ask the same question about rare G/A souls but I suppose I'll get roughly the same answer.

I noticed Vampire Hunter Eddie is storming in the arena right now and I think it would be a good idea to pick one up, so I'm going to be focused on those types of souls until I find one. Of course with my luck it'll be probably months until I find one. I seem to get more gunners than Assassins when I score a big one. At least souls are slightly cheaper than skill shards although if they were at least 1250 to 2500 it would help alot. I've also been hoarding my ironite lately, it seems that when you don't spend any on things you wouldn't need, the stockpile builds up quickly, I have almost 1500 so I figure that when a new Eddie comes out, and we have new souls to get that increased chance, I might dump it all into that. Unless we have a sort of event be it LoL or arena that would in some way increase my chances of getting him.

Anyone have any tips?

Andrew-4345
08-23-2017, 08:45 AM
Pretty much the same advice, although as GA souls are only available through trooper points best is to grind campaign levels for your 50 troopers daily. I want to get prisoner so I can start auto playing LOL X levels but I'm focusing on upgrading who I've got first. I'm nearly finished on Navigator Eddie but VH is my next to shard followed by Viking. Still have a lot of toons to go through too so I'll be sharding for a long time yet!