PDA

View Full Version : Lesser used toons you like

StickyAndy
08-22-2017, 12:39 AM
I'm looking for suggestions on lesser used toons that people enjoy playing with. Doesn't have to be the best, just ones you have an irrational fondness for. For me it's the snowman, which I've already fully sharded and right now he's my favorite to play with. I'm at end game like most of you guys and looking for something to keep me playing besides piling up trooper points on auto play and waiting on the next update. Thanks for any suggestions

BonFire
08-22-2017, 02:13 AM
Assassin Axis Soldier, Wickerdog of the Night and Magus Haunted Pumpkin are some of my favourite side toons.

druid138
08-22-2017, 05:53 AM
Great topic! This game is all about the characters for me, sometimes to a fault. A few that I have a particular sentimental attachment to:

Magus CotD
Pharaoh Dog
Corrupt Owl Cultist ("scarfie")
Corrupt Ox Cultist

My current obsession is Death Dog.

Peppoah
08-22-2017, 01:53 PM
Wickerman Eddie is my most used Eddie.

Kardas
08-22-2017, 06:28 PM
Cool thread.

Some of my favorite lesser used toons include:
Pharaoh Dog- I got him after PDK so I only used him in the Warrior LoL dungeon for a brief spell. Still a fun passive and a really good heal.
Assassin Possessed Mine- My best Assassin for a very long time, even if he's retired now.
Gunner Undead Allied Soldier- Sure I got him way after needing him, but that heal + shield combo tripped me up majorly the first time I saw him. I need to bring mine to lv100 some day.
Wicker Man and Run To The Hills Eddie were also fun to use back in the day.

Witkacy
08-22-2017, 06:29 PM
Evening all :)

Lesser toon & definitely ultimate worst 5* character of the game has to offer - which has just been pulled by me yesterday and I have had the pleasure to test it - Magnificent Gold Idol... I take that developing such a masterpiece character and make him totally unplayable toon - was on purpose - he clearly shouldn't been played at all, but sold immediately... However... If you decide to keep him - you'll be having shiny gold lookin' skull with poor HP stats, his attack deal with magic - so that's why magic stats are almost 3x lower than ATK... He's power move (1 PWR) is stealing power from opponents - which seems NEVER work on auto...

It would be cool to get him a passive granting you 5x more money per stage completed while using him... But I love him nonetheless... While leveled to max (already is 84 with borrowed talis) he will be spreading destruction upon all creatures living at the Ailing Kingdom :)

Cheers,

W

Mariner-1212
08-22-2017, 06:42 PM
This is a cool thread!

I like the Hunter Wickerdeer. It drops one mark for every 10% of HP missing on the enemy, reminds me of my Shaman Eddie when he would stack 10 marks on fools. You definitely wouldn't use him when it counts, but he's fun when you want to play merciless God and just obliterate someone with 30% HP, haha.

SoL Eddie (Shit out of Luck Eddie? No wait, Speed of Light Eddie) was my go-to way back in September of last year. It was my old account, back in the days before everyone got a green harpy. He used to heal everyone in full, and I remember playing some rounds where it went on forever... like a staring contest between me and the AI... until one of us got bored enough and won/lost. He's been nerfed but I'm shouting out to him because he was a rock for a long time.

BonFire
08-22-2017, 08:00 PM
Basically the little guys you got for beating certain levels of the game I like.. Though thanks to that part of the achievements being gone, I'm a little fuzzy on who they all are. Assassin Soulless Demon, Sentinel Desert Guardian are the ones I remember.

MrFreeze
08-22-2017, 09:57 PM
Gunner Undead Allied Soldier- Sure I got him way after needing him, but that heal + shield combo tripped me up majorly the first time I saw him. I need to bring mine to lv100 some day.

Try him out with those echo talismans they give you, it's interesting.

I really want to like that goofy looking sentinel haunted pumpkin. He's got decent skills, he just hits so weak. I even sharded one up I wanted to like him so bad. I put the echo talismans and advantage on him hoping it'd be a blast...I mean, it did make me laugh. I thought about making him my champ, but I figured I'd lose 20 troopers over night, so he just sits there. Maybe I'll make him my champ for Halloween.

konstifik
08-23-2017, 09:55 AM
Try him out with those echo talismans they give you, it's interesting.

I tried both him and the Assassin Axis Soldier (who's got the same basic) with Echo plus teaming with WABB to get the Accuracy buff for the extra turn chance on their basic. Sure, it's a lot of extra turns, but their damage is so poor that I think the Echo are of better use elsewhere.

Would have been good if they gave the whole party an extra turn (as the skill description indicates), but as it stands they only give extra turn to one random ally when it triggers.

MrFreeze
08-23-2017, 10:10 AM
I tried both him and the Assassin Axis Soldier (who's got the same basic) with Echo plus teaming with WABB to get the Accuracy buff for the extra turn chance on their basic. Sure, it's a lot of extra turns, but their damage is so poor that I think the Echo are of better use elsewhere.

Would have been good if they gave the whole party an extra turn (as the skill description indicates), but as it stands they only give extra turn to one random ally when it triggers.

I'm afraid to say too much here, so I'm going to PM you

scott-5496
08-23-2017, 10:34 AM
I still do almost all of my farming with a Warrior team that includes Rocket Dog and Hellhound - usually coupled with my Samurai and one other of a Warrior persuasion who deals Physical damage. They were my first clear the decks team and though I do mess around with other teams this team are my go to guys for level farming and also a couple of the LOL X levels...they also do well on a lot of the BNW levels though not the final few rounds on some of them!!

thealchemist
08-23-2017, 01:55 PM
For me it would be Holy Smokes Eddie and Assassin Soulless Demon as they were the 2 toons I used the most going through the story campaign, pretty much to the end as I had no better toons at the time.

Mariner-1212
08-23-2017, 04:42 PM
I haven't used him yet, but the Cleanse All on the Sentinel Ox Cultist seems like an intriguing option to have around. With shards (he takes 10), it looks like he'll remove all negative effects AND restore full hp for the whole team... better than SOL Eddie used to do.

Fudjo
08-23-2017, 05:02 PM
I got a ton of use out of Fear of the Dark Eddie versus Magus Lord of Light used him a lot in PvP for quite a while.

For the Missions, the Assassin Corrupt Ox Cultist was super useful for his varied abilities.

For daily grinding, Wicker Man's passive ability is fantastic. I have a team of fully-sharded Navigator Eddie, Assassin Golden Son, and Wicker Man, and they clear out Cast Die in Underworld (Madness) in 6 total attacks.

Dank Brew
08-23-2017, 09:33 PM
Assassin NBOL. I maxed mine out right when I got him... Remove beneficial effects, counterstrike and a force shield... AND he raises stats... I don't know why I never see anyone use him.

Put his Force on a maxed assassin COTD and damn. He DESTROYS. I love it lol

Thedarkness
08-24-2017, 02:55 AM
I still have a soft spot for the gunner bomber boy. Before wrath he was one of my two go to allies for autogrinding

StickyAndy
08-25-2017, 12:18 AM
Assassin NBOL. I maxed mine out right when I got him... Remove beneficial effects, counterstrike and a force shield... AND he raises stats... I don't know why I never see anyone use him.

Put his Force on a maxed assassin COTD and damn. He DESTROYS. I love it lol

This is the kind of stuff I was looking for! Anyone know if this attack increase stacks with the Wicker Man or Nomad bonus? That'd be interesting in BNW or pvp