PDA

View Full Version : 8 Day Arena Reset - Good or bad Idea?

zamasu
08-22-2017, 06:27 PM
Might as well post it here:

I came with this thought after realizing that a lot of people would like to compete for higher ranks in arena, but are unable to do so because to achieve a high rank it is necessary to play in the final hours of the week. Some people, myself included can’t play during the final hours of the arena reset on Saturday due to XYZ reason.

To solve this problem I suggest to make the arena reset every 8 days instead of 7. That way everyone has a fair chance to choose a week they can compete in the final hours.

Example:

Week 1: Sunday to Monday
Week 2: Monday to Tuesday
Week 3: Tuesday to Wednesday
And so on..

This way, everyone gets a fair chance to compete in the final hours every week.

Also, leave arena store to reset every saturday night, we need those skill shards! lol

What do you guys think about this idea?

Bradata
08-22-2017, 06:47 PM
I like the idea but I don't think the devs will. The way you suggesting might be a problem for them to reprogram the game and make it happen.
It will be a technical issue as the like to say.

calizario
08-22-2017, 08:56 PM
For me .. reset day on Sunday to Monday is a perfect day .. Saturday for who have work , have wifeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and kids is terrible ..

Kardas
08-22-2017, 09:06 PM
An interesting idea for sure, but for me Saturday is still the best day. Doing it during the week would be killer for those with school/university/jobs.

You might find more people on board by suggesting a different reset time, but that's a different suggestion entirely

slauki
08-22-2017, 09:08 PM
the whole leaderbord system is stupid and wrong. it should count what we do the whole week and not only in the last few hours. it directly affects the refills so the devs should have a genuin interest to fix this, but seems hard to do for some reasons...cannot imagine they want it this way...that's why i don't like changes which don't solve the roots of the problems.

Kamuz24z
08-23-2017, 02:12 AM
Yes many players can't play on Saturday it will be good to change the day for the reset how about Sunday many don't work that day it will bring more players competing for Eternal

slash1424
08-23-2017, 11:25 AM
I am with Slauki. I believe the leaderboard isn't very good. The current ranking system is casual play all week and then refil your SoW for the last 2 hours, if you want to compete, unles you want to get 10K points....lol

slash-2083

Nicko
08-23-2017, 12:02 PM
I agree with Slauki as well. I think it's great to try to come up with a solution to the current Saturday rush, but a revolving day isn't the answer. Technical issues aside, having only a few hours matter is the bigger problem because any day of the week is going to have people who can't play. As it stands I think Saturday IS the best day if the system has to be like this.

The problem is still the point system. If you rise during the week you'll fall a certain percentage because you lose so many points each time you're attacked and the ratio has to catch up. It's much easier to wait until the second part of Saturday and try to stay ahead of the ratio.

This has been discussed a lot - my impression is the developers are not interested in changing it, because they fear reducing the penalty of defensive losses increases the "pay to win" perception where whoever plays the most wins.

I think this will be the case no matter what. Let's face it - most top players are easily winning 95% or more of their battles - some 98% or 99% - and defenses will likely be within 10% of each other - so your points will be determined by how much you play no matter what. So while the developers intentions may be noble, I can't really say I believe they're effective.

The one thing the current system DOES do is reward Saturday speed - and no "pay to win" will buy you eternal while GMAC is on your tail. So while I can't play every Saturday - I must admit those races for other positions on the podium - or even top 5, top 10, or whatever your goal may be - are fun when I can participate.

Chaosego888
08-23-2017, 08:41 PM
I agree with everything both Slauki and Nicko stated here. It wouldn't bother me if the days rotated but someone started a thread once that suggested just changing the reset time each month to favor different time zones. That would make more sense to give regions something like a home field advantage for a certain amount of time.
The point system definitely needs to be reworked or the lists need to give you 10 battles worth fighting. It makes absolutely no sense at all to fight a battle that is worth 12 points when the revenge costs you 12 or 13. There is not much hope in defense unless they restore all the benched characters to their original state. If that happened maybe we could get more holds by changing defenses around. When there is less than 10 characters worth putting on defense the current point system is pointless. If we had to worry about fighting all 173 characters our win rates would drop off I think.

DaveMurray
08-24-2017, 09:18 AM
Arena already lasts too long, weekly arena resets are outdated.
Most games use a 3-4 day arena system so that more players have a chance to win.
I would propose a 84h arena for LotB so that all timezones are covered and also attacks between resets actually matter.
Not many things have to change so technical issues should not be a problem, the system remains the same but there will be 2 resets in 7 days by adding one more at exactly half the time.

The point system is a joke, i never ever witnessed something like that in any other game, you win a fight and you are awarded with 12 points, then you get revenged and you loose 13.
The last hours rush can be taken care of with hourly attack limits for the last 24h before the reset, this will give time for the ratio between atk and def to even and also players will have to participate the previous days.

Offcourse top priority are the freezes, i don't care about any change in arena when i loose 1500 points due to freezes like i did last week...

Patrice-1201
08-24-2017, 08:54 PM
Arena already lasts too long, weekly arena resets are outdated.
Most games use a 3-4 day arena system so that more players have a chance to win.
I would propose a 84h arena for LotB so that all timezones are covered and also attacks between resets actually matter.
Not many things have to change so technical issues should not be a problem, the system remains the same but there will be 2 resets in 7 days by adding one more at exactly half the time.

The point system is a joke, i never ever witnessed something like that in any other game, you win a fight and you are awarded with 12 points, then you get revenged and you loose 13.
The last hours rush can be taken care of with hourly attack limits for the last 24h before the reset, this will give time for the ratio between atk and def to even and also players will have to participate the previous days.

Offcourse top priority are the freezes, i don't care about any change in arena when i loose 1500 points due to freezes like i did last week...
I like the idea of a 84 hours reset time that will truly solve timezones issues and give a better chance of winning to more people.