PDA

View Full Version : New player looking for tips

Xamyr
08-23-2017, 05:21 PM
Hi all,
I started playing LotB a few days ago and I'm here to find some help in planning my progression.

1) First of all I have to decide which character i should grow.
I have for Eddie :
Eddie
Wicker Man
Mummy
Carriage Rider.

For other I am using and growing:
Sentinel Harpy (4*)
Warrior Possessed Rockets (3*)
Sentinel Dog of War (3*)
Pharaoh Water Spirit (2*)

I have at 3* but not using
Sentinel Undead Allied Soldier
Warrior desert Warrior
Magus Newborn of Light
Gun Undead Allied Soldier

Then the rest at 1 or 2 * that i think are not so good. What i using is ok, there is something I could change?

2) Multiple copies of a character are useful in some way or can i sacrifice them? I read different things around

3)How i should spend Badges and ironite? For badges i should wait for gun/assassin rare soul or having few character should buy some rare soul? And for ironite I should spend on talisma pack as I read or even here buy rare mega-pack?

Sorry for the wall of text, I hope someone will help me to advance in this game.
Thank you

Max alias Xamenor-5534

gmac
08-23-2017, 07:02 PM
Hello and welcome.

Don't know where you are in the game.

But from the toons you mentioned I'd personally go with Harpy for skill shards. (btw, if not sure what you'll do with skill shards, save them, they are the rarest item in the game).

cheers
gmac

GotN
08-23-2017, 08:26 PM
Welcome from my side too. Would say the same as G. Just look through forums, there are many helpful threads. Maybe you start here

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?5213-Beginner-s-Guide-v-1&highlight=Beginner

Kardas
08-23-2017, 08:59 PM
Welcome to the forums Xamyr!
It would indeed help if you told us where you are in the game. Considering you don't have Soldier Eddie I presume you've somewhere between the start of Kingdom of the Sands - midway Battlefield?

In terms of characters to use, Carriage Rider Eddie has a great skillset even if his damage has fallen a bit since the game came out. Eddie (aka Holy Smoke Eddie) is great from the bench with his past skills though if you really need something dead.

In terms of toons, the Sentinel Harpy does really great damage and is probably the only thing worth using Skill Shards on that you have (you can also wait till you're further in the game; I didn't touch my Skill Shards until I reached the final boss of Underworld Madness). The Gunner Undead Allied Soldier is also really nice. He has a great heal that gives you a shield! This is a great way to turn around your fortunes in battle. His small Extra Turn chance is also nice.

When I started out I spent all my Ironite on Rare Soul 10-packs. This is a good way to kickstart your collection and you should get at least one 4* character (or 5* if lucky) out of each pack if you're not especially unlucky. I've never bought a Talisman pack. That said, every few months Nodding Frog comes with special event souls, which are also a reasonable buy, so saving Ironite till those events is also a solid option.

In terms of badges, Skill Shards are your safest option, but Warrior/Magus/Sentinel Souls aren't too bad in terms of price if you really really want a specific character. I find Rare Gunner/Assassin Souls too expensive to buy a lot.

Oh, and I don't really keep duplicates of characters, except for Sacrifice.

Xamyr
08-23-2017, 09:58 PM
Thank you for answering.
Yes I am halfway in the normal battlefield world.
So I understand I have to use Carriage Eddie, Eddie, harpy and gunner undead soldier but that mean I should level ed evolve them at maximum?

Max

MetalKing
08-23-2017, 10:19 PM
I would recommend reading the guides and tip in the forum threads. Get some troopers with a powerful Eddie or toon to help you complete missions. (I am metalking-3386) and in the game try to complete the challenges. In the challenges are some daily goals as well, which will earn sands of time, ironite and arena sands.

scott-5496
08-24-2017, 12:17 PM
Hi and welcome.

From my early experience I used Carriage Rider Eddie a lot so he is worth some investment. Once you get Soldier look to use him a lot as well (think he is the end win on Battlefield map). Sentinal Harpy is a good bet too so keep with her and invest in her.

All of your characters have some merits to be honest - it depends on how you play. I was very defensive for a long time and then went with an all Warrior team once I had a few key characters with decent passive skills (like Warrior Rocket Dog and Hellhound or Warrior Troll).

The key to learn real quick at the beginning is to invest in the correct Talisman for the characters you want to focus on as getting these right helps a lot early on - it took me too long to figure that out and I was not on here at the time so was a little clueless early on (and still am some would say!!)

The forum is a good place for advice to ask any questions and you will usually get a helpful response from members.

Cheers

thealchemist
08-24-2017, 02:07 PM
Welcome to the board.

I would say you have some decent toons there, particularly the Carriage Rider Eddie and Harpy as both are 4* toons. Harpy can hit hard with max talismans and when fully sharded and its passive is very handy. Carriage Rider Eddie should sync quite well with the toons you are using the most, especially Harpy and Pharaoh Water Spirit. I'd focus on evolving/upgrading these to level 80, the only sure toon to evolve to 5* is the Harpy imo, but you are probably awhile away from that I'd gather.

I would suggest avoiding investing in talisman types like skill and sorcery where possible as that was a rookie mistake I made. Mystical are still useful though.

The arena is daunting when starting out but if you can win enough battles in the next couple of days the arena store has a legendary soul for only 300 iron coins at the moment if you havent bought that already. Another 4* toon should help at this stage.

There are character fragment events about once a month which also give you a guaranteed 4* toon so look out for those. And finally troopers are super important to help you progress and gaining better rewards so try to get as many troopers with strong toons as much as possible.

Another thing is dont put too much faith in the name of the souls like rare and legendary. Stick to the fact that common souls can give you 1-3 toons with 2* the most common, 1* next likely and a decent chance for 3*. Rare souls are most likely to give you 3* toons, with a small chance of 4* and even less chance of 5*. Legendary means you are guaranteed at getting a 4* toon with a slight chance of 5*. But 'rare' sounds like you are gonna get a character that is rare but once you have played for some time you find out that isn't usually the case, even more so for legendary. A lot of luck is needed with souls. It took me ages to get a 4* toon from a rare soul (I guess I was one of the unlucky ones).

Otherwise just continue to read the board threads, be patient and grind away at the game as that what every player has to do essentially.

Witkacy
08-24-2017, 06:20 PM
Max :)

Welcome to the board... I have to say that as for few day playing you've scored amazing toons - consider yourself lucky out there!

Now some answers: Max & Shard - Carriage Rider Eddie (he's worth sharding - I did almost all campaign with him)... Sure - later on you may be having even bigger luck and encouter better Eddies - so far though - is your best... Next toon to max & shard as soon as you'll be alble to get some resources - The Harpy... She deal LOT of true damage to all enemies, she's cheap as for sharding and has very nice passive - this might be your future toon in the arena - As I can see quite a lot of people using her...

Warrior Possessed Rockets are worth keeping as well for future evolving and sharding...

About dupes... I say that way - personally I don't keep ANY dupes (besides Eddies in some cases) - though it happened I had some really good... But I strongly advise if you'll get some heavy hitters (like Harpy you already have, Nomad etc.) - keep them! It will be easier to you to get through all worlds to the end of story and later on in dundeons and some new Worlds as well...
While you'll be having enough of good toons at your disposal - you may always sacrifice them later - the better toons (evolved, sharded) the better rewards (at least in theory)...

As for spending badges/IRS... Since you will have long enough free refils as you will gaining experience as the player - I would go for buying souls/buying skillshards for your future toons...

Good luck with progress, have fun and if you have some questions or struggling with something - just ask - this forum is FULL of very nice people who are experienced a lot and certainly would help you out...

Cheers,

W

Xamyr
08-24-2017, 08:17 PM
Thank you for all the answers.

And I fire another question : which talisman should i use for harpy? She does true damage it means i should use a mix of red and blue talisman? Or i should use mainly green talisman for a green character?

Exist a list of talisman final stats? I don't know secondari stats until I evolve them...

Witkacy
08-24-2017, 09:18 PM

And I fire another question : which talisman should i use for harpy? She does true damage it means i should use a mix of red and blue talisman? Or i should use mainly green talisman for a green character?

Exist a list of talisman final stats? I don't know secondari stats until I evolve them...

Max :)

Yes, you are thinking right my friend as true damage is a combination of physical & magic damage - but you don't have red or blue slots there... Just 2 Green, 1 Yellow and 3 Open (assuming you've unlock them all already)... As you can see the stats for ATK/MAGIC are both have the same numbers - as it goes for true damage characters... So IT WOULD BE the best to use some assassin talismans (Barrier/Shield)... Both types boosting ATK of 15% by MAGIC and vice versa - MAGIC of 15% by ATK... The only difference between them: Barrier gives you MR (Magic Resist), while Shield gives you DEF... These talismans need 3 pieces to work... Next 2 Green slots - in 1 put something that boosting ATK... The other - the same but boosting MAGIC... For example Health Talisman (Overwhelming for ATK and Ward for MAGIC)... in Yellow slot put anything you like though with boosting HP - Will for boosing ATK or Bulwark for boosting MAGIC...

But this is your future setup - as you don't have access to underworld where are dropping those assassins one and yellows as well... So for now put some greens for HP, 2 Reds (Strenght Talis - Fierce type) and 1 blue boosting Magic... For Yellow put anything boosting MAGIC/ATK but also HP...

VERY IMPORTANT! Don't ever use those: Skilled, Sorcery, Onslaught - these are piece of crap - good just for sell to have funds, but that's it...

Cheers,

W

Kardas
08-24-2017, 09:29 PM

Witkacy already answered most of your question, but I can help out a bit with the Talisman stats. Here's a thread (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?449-Talisman-Illustrated-Guide) that has them compiled, but it's very outdated so some Talismans (Explosive, Cyclone, Warp, etc) may do different things and Fierce and Overwhelming Talismans are no longer stronger than other Talismans of their color. I'll probably post an up-to-date version on my own Talisman thread sometime.

As for the secondary stats, here's the rundown:
RED
Fierce: HP, ATK, DEF
Safeguard: HP, ATK, MR
Skiled: ATK, DEF, MR
GREEN
Overwhelming: HP,ATK,DEF
Ward: HP,MAGIC,MR
Mystical: HP,DEF,MR
BLUE
Arcane: HP,MAGIC,MR
Power: HP,MAGIC,DEF
Sorcery: MAGIC,DEF,MR
YELLOW
Will: HP,ATK,SPECIAL
Bulwark: HP,MAGIC,SPECIAL
Onslaught: DEF,MR,SPECIAL
PURPLE
Shield: HP,ATK,MAGIC,DEF
Barrier: HP,ATK,MAGIC,MR

Xamyr
08-24-2017, 11:09 PM
Witkacy, Kardas, thank you again for the vey useful explanation. I have copied the table of stats and read the guide you linked.
I would find an updated talisman guide very useful because i find for a new player like me not easy moving between all these talisman. I would use just the easier one like +atk or +magic but I know there will be a way better of that ;)

Max (Xamenor-5534)

Xamyr
08-26-2017, 02:46 PM
Hi,
I'm back for some new questions;)

I am farming since 2 days Ailing Kingdoms for Health talisman but I still haven't dropped anyone. Are drop rate so low? And about drop, in the reward list there just Health Talisman (Mystical) but all kind of heAlth talisman can drop or just that one? At which difficultu is better farm? Drop rate are the same?

Another question is about rare soul pack; I would like to buy one but I don't know if to buy the standard one or the event one. The event one is more expensive and I miss a lot of char so I am not so intereste in new ones...But I wait your tips to decide ;9

Thanks
Max

Kardas
08-26-2017, 03:32 PM
Hi,
I'm back for some new questions;)

I am farming since 2 days Ailing Kingdoms for Health talisman but I still haven't dropped anyone. Are drop rate so low? And about drop, in the reward list there just Health Talisman (Mystical) but all kind of heAlth talisman can drop or just that one? At which difficultu is better farm? Drop rate are the same?

Another question is about rare soul pack; I would like to buy one but I don't know if to buy the standard one or the event one. The event one is more expensive and I miss a lot of char so I am not so intereste in new ones...But I wait your tips to decide ;9

Thanks
Max

Hey Max,
For Talismans: I don't know the Talisman droprates, but RNG is RNG, so some days you'll get a lot of Talismans and others very little. The rewards list is also a bit inaccurate. If a Talisman drops in a world, all subtypes of that Talisman do too (seeing this, I made a note on that in my Talisman Master Post thread). As for farming difficulty, I suggest the highest difficulty level in a world that you can do, because you get more XP Shards & Runes, and higher * Talismans. If you've reached Battlefield Normal, you should have access to Ailing Kingdom Madness.

As for the soul packs; probability says that for the same Ironite cost, you'll get more 4&5* characters from the normal soul packs. On the other hand, those characters will be restricted to Warrior, Magus, and Sentinel, so decide for yourself if you want a better chance at premium characters, or chances for Gunners and Assassins.

thealchemist
08-26-2017, 04:02 PM
Rewards as well as XP (which helps level up your characters) are better from the latter stages of each world so if you can farm from Blackened Pride or The Wickerman. Rewards are obviously better on madness levels (3* talismans for example), if you can't farm from there then do on hard (2* talismans). From my experience talisman drops are just pretty random. You should be getting a few but they are harder to attain than most other items. All types will drop such as overwhelming, ward or mystical. Another tip is be wise when it comes to selling them, imo its better to sell sorcery and skill types above others, as well as those you are sure you have more than enough of (but only sell if you have to).

My experience with soul packs has been disappointment mostly. I've only bought two 10x packs but for good reason, first was the regular megapack which was my first purchase with ironite. But that gave me only 3* toons and not even good ones (Corrupt Owl Cultist, Rock Golem as examples, you'll def end up with the first toon soon enough if you haven't already lol). 2nd was a 10x pack from an anniversary event which was slightly better results but that event had double the chance to pull both 4* and 5* which isn't the case here. As you have Carriage Rider Eddie and Sentinel Harpy you have 2 good toons for now as well and the medium term at least imo, so I would possibly wait for other events where there is less luck involved when it comes to acquiring new toons. Character fragment events involve you farming for fragments from usually the lord of light dungeons where if you collect enough you get a guaranteed 4* toon at the end of it, and the next one should be early next month or so. But ultimately if you do have the ironite and you would like to try your luck its up to you. But just be prepared for possible disappointment....

The other toons you have are still fairly useful and worth evolving further, at least to level 60 if not level 80, such as your possessed rockets and pharaoh water spirit. Even the gunner undead allied soldier for its healing and shield.

Nekroliun
08-26-2017, 04:10 PM
Well im not a pro or anything but im an ancient member here, so i managed to pick up a number of tips along the way.

1.save ur skillshards, dont just throw them in some random char.

2.not sure about tuis one but from what ive heard, dont throw ur ironite into rare souls, 75 ironite for a rare soul is terrible, wait till special souls arrive, then throw your itonite at them.

3.lvl ur talismans, talismans are the most important thing in the game, ask for builds for chars as im sure some will have some pretty good builds, rank talismans to atleast 4* before beating the da beast, 3* talismans wont get you far...

4.Dont listen to Nekroliun, hes a troll.

Xamyr
08-26-2017, 04:56 PM
Yes, I have completed madness Ailing Kingdom so I can farm there.

For soul pack I understand is better to wait...I was looking to BNW event pack but they have however 3*-5* toon and cost 900 ironite. I have 1100 ironite however so I could buy a rare mega pack (675) just to try the luck and enlarge the roster. Meanwhile I have found Sentinel Soulless Demon that in the beginner guide is listed as a good unit. The problem I found just Sentinel characters.

I will keep challenging RNG gods then because I need Health talisman ...

Max

Xamyr
08-29-2017, 10:24 PM
Hi,
during all these days I kept farming madness Ailing Kingdom and I dropped no talisman...I start doubting they even drop...
I was wondering if there is some other way to find talisman...drop rate are really too low

P.S. I found Pharaoh Dog at 4*, is a decent troop?

Max

Bradata
08-29-2017, 10:44 PM
Just keep farming, all will come in time. Don't sell anything if you can and use as many troopers as possible. The Skill shards are very important and in the beginning you can only get them with trooper badges.

Xamyr
08-29-2017, 11:08 PM
I will keep farming but nothing in 5/6 days seems a very punitive drop rate...

I still haven't found the courage to spend my few skill shard because I am not still able to understand which are good char...I will do in time I hope ;9

Thanks

Max

thealchemist
08-30-2017, 12:18 AM
For skill shards I'd go with Harpy. It only takes 4 but the difference it hitting power is so worth it. Destroys Magus toons and still hits pretty hard against most others.