PDA

View Full Version : August 25th 2017 Update Discussion

Sparton_LOTB
08-25-2017, 05:22 PM
This is the main post to discuss general changes from the recent update, and the update’s new event.

You can see the details of the update and event that has just gone live in the Game Updates forum post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?8768).

druid138
08-25-2017, 05:23 PM
This update looks fantastic all around! I've been waiting for the Valkyries!!

Mariner-1212
08-25-2017, 05:27 PM
Wow, thanks guys! It looks like you really listened to all the feedback and rolled a ton of things in here for us!

Super excited about new characters too! Keep up the great work! \m/

Browno
08-25-2017, 05:38 PM
Thats how its done! Looks awesome, and many props for listening to the community :)

Bradata
08-25-2017, 05:46 PM
Man! I can't keep up with you guys lately! Any chance for better, more often Skill Shards drops? All these new and cool characters but BIG shortage of Skill Shards, at least for me.
Anyway, thanks for the cool update!

Shaolin85london
08-25-2017, 05:57 PM
I love those new toons looks like! Reducing sot cost in skull quest is appreciated too! Thanks for this cool update! Cheers!

Thedarkness
08-25-2017, 06:45 PM
Umm, my game logo makes it look like I have an x rated hentai app installed on my phone

Mariner-1212
08-25-2017, 06:52 PM
Umm, my game logo makes it look like I have an x rated hentai app installed on my phone

Haha very true

Mariner-1212
08-25-2017, 06:56 PM
So... the Magus Valkyrie that's featured all over everything... she'll be released later, yeah?

Thedarkness
08-25-2017, 06:56 PM
Oh cool i got the gunner one already!!!

Shaolin85london
08-25-2017, 07:11 PM
I got myself the gunner and the warrior

qazwer00
08-25-2017, 07:18 PM
Got the assassin.

(and 1 Viking Eddie)

BonFire
08-25-2017, 07:24 PM
Given the name, I thought they were gonna look epic, but they're anime, lady, Megamen haha.

So what have all the game icons have been again? Trooper Eddie, Mummy, Shaman, Eternity, and now Magus Valkyrie, which we don't have?

DIEDD
08-25-2017, 07:33 PM
Given the name, I thought they were gonna look epic, but they're anime, lady, Megamen haha.

Yeah, I was expecting a Viking warrior to make sense of his name, but at least I did not feel so disappointed when I did not get any of them. :)

BenjaminBreeg
08-25-2017, 07:38 PM
The ACR now seals two enemies for two turns?

Bradata
08-25-2017, 07:44 PM
Wow! I haven't gotten any lady yet... but I finally when he is no longer needed got The Prisoner from those special souls, I thought we'll be getting the newer toons & BNW characters but still fine by me.

Silentknight
08-25-2017, 07:51 PM
Yep,just look at all those stability improvememts!!! Awesome f'n job NF!

Amarthir
08-25-2017, 08:04 PM
Great for you guys to push out this fantastic sounding update and event literally the day after my phone stops working. I guess I'll have to get it fixed or get a new one ASAP so that I can get back into the fold.

RobG-9641
08-25-2017, 09:03 PM
Super rare!

90mphyorker
08-25-2017, 09:41 PM
I don't like the look of them. They look far to anime and I'm struggling to see the Maiden connection to them. Though I could just ne stupid there. Why did you have to follow the the lame generoc female character appearance with the big arse titties though? Lame. Nice we have new characters and from a quick glance their skill sets seem interesting. But they seem out of place in this game to me.

Excellent work on everything else though. Looking forward to trying out BNW more and hopefully get more of the new Talismans and hopefully more Skill Shards from Skull Quests.

druid138
08-25-2017, 09:46 PM
This BNW Soul Event reminds me how much I love the Character Fragment Events, even when they aren't for premium characters.

Watching 1000 Ironite disappear for nothing but 11 3* toons is so damn demoralizing.

slauki
08-25-2017, 10:12 PM
thanks for adjusting SOT for SQ and improving drops for bnw. they are definetly better now. the extraturn fest seems to be over, which will be hurting a lot of defenses but i think it's a good move.

but i really think you messed up the droprates for the BNW souls. i bought 40 souls first 10 gave me AHE and warrior undead resuer, so very good pulls. other 30 gave me only 3* chars not one 4 star and above.
i know how % and RNG work so i could easily just be very unlucky. but when i chat with some guys and read what others dropped we can see a larger picture. and there it becomes very likely that the droprates for 4* and above a pretty bad. i'm convinced that a package of 10 should guarantee at least one 4* please think about this, because many people feels screwed after investing a lot and getting nothing.

but bad droprates makes sense from your perspective when we look at the new chars. they will shift the meta once again, so prolly you don't want to give them away lightly as it seems. but basicly 2 weeks after a new meta shift we get another? that's getting out of line imo.

at least we can get rid of the SSD with strikes now without problems if we are lucky to get this green chick. and some of the other girls seems to be game changers too. curious where this will lead to. it seems like you try to implement some counter strategies now which i like, but i'm sure a lot of adjusting will come again and shift it all again and again. never ending circle.

EDIT: Tried the assassin valkyrie from a trooper. she seems to count every buff on the enemy when it comes down to stun. i think she will get 4x25% to stun if 4 buffs are on. not sure of that's intended but i'd say this is a mistake, because this will kill everyone on pvp ;)

Warlord
08-25-2017, 10:58 PM
So the Blue Valkyrie they use as load icon not even in the game lol so far nothing with my pulls yet need build up on some ironite before able try again

JJJ428
08-25-2017, 10:59 PM
bought 20 and got nothing only got 2 demon spawn and were the two I already had. Rather have 1800 ironite back.

R1ck
08-25-2017, 11:14 PM
Bought 30 souls and not even one 4* character, really depressing

JJJ428
08-25-2017, 11:18 PM
Man thought I was unlucky. Also should have known they be quick to nerf things so quickly after I invest all those skill shards though have to admit the extra turns were a bit out of control.

BonFire
08-25-2017, 11:29 PM
Ah, that's why Vampire Hunter was godly. I never thought of that. Of course Rainmaker isn't in my PVP team so I wouldn't have.

Sparton_LOTB
08-25-2017, 11:34 PM
So... the Magus Valkyrie that's featured all over everything... she'll be released later, yeah?

Stay tuned...

Any chance for better, more often Skill Shards drops? All these new and cool characters but BIG shortage of Skill Shards, at least for me.

We're reviewing what makes sense based on the rate of characters we're releasing and the kinds of events we're running. In general, though, I don't think we'll be improving existing farmable sources for those too much; our approach right now is to adjust when and how often events will give them (like the Worthy Sacrifice event we recently did, or the bundle from getting to a certain tier in a PVP event).

I don't like the look of them. They look far to anime and I'm struggling to see the Maiden connection to them. Though I could just ne stupid there. Why did you have to follow the the lame generoc female character appearance with the big arse titties though? Lame. Nice we have new characters and from a quick glance their skill sets seem interesting. But they seem out of place in this game to me.

The Valkyries are definitely a bit of a departure from the designs of other characters in the game, but we wanted to push ourselves into a bit of a different territory while still tying into the theme of the Brave New World. Brutal Eddies, evil demons, badass soldiers, etc will still be a mainstay of the game, but as we add more and more characters, we also want to speak to the preferences of all kinds of players, including potential new players. We definitely appreciate your guys' feedback and criticisms, though, and we'll keep that in mind as we continue to add new characters into the game.

but i really think you messed up the droprates for the BNW souls. i bought 40 souls first 10 gave me AHE and warrior undead resuer, so very good pulls. other 30 gave me only 3* chars not one 4 star and above.
i know how % and RNG work so i could easily just be very unlucky. but when i chat with some guys and read what others dropped we can see a larger picture. and there it becomes very likely that the droprates for 4* and above a pretty bad. i'm convinced that a package of 10 should guarantee at least one 4* please think about this, because many people feels screwed after investing a lot and getting nothing.

Well, that'd be basically like every 10 Rare Souls gives you a Legendary Soul, which is probably a biiiiit higher value than what we'd want to give for 10 Rare Souls (or 10 Event Souls). That's sort of why we've added events like the Book of Souls Legendary Event, so people could capitalize on that kind of opportunity. I think overall we'd much rather continue to experiment with adding value through events. At the end of the day, that much Rare Soul fodder is a lot of value towards getting Legendary Souls from the Vortex (or higher sacrifice tiers), so you do sort of get the value you're thinking about, just in a more roundabout way.

at least we can get rid of the SSD with strikes now without problems if we are lucky to get this green chick.

I don't know what you're talking about. Kaz didn't design a character to taunt me by countering my favourite character. You're crazy.

EDIT: Tried the assassin valkyrie from a trooper. she seems to count every buff on the enemy when it comes down to stun. i think she will get 4x25% to stun if 4 buffs are on. not sure of that's intended but i'd say this is a mistake, because this will kill everyone on pvp ;)

The chance to remove an effect and stun is per hit, but the stun will only occur if an effect is being removed. As such, you can't stun characters who already have no positive effects, you only get one 15-25% chance (based on skill level) to stun if they only have one positive effect, etc (to a max of 3 chances (https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=3+trials+with+a+25%25+chance), because her basic skill deals 3 hits).

druid138
08-25-2017, 11:45 PM
At the end of the day, that much Rare Soul fodder is a lot of value towards getting Legendary Souls from the Vortex (or higher sacrifice tiers), so you do sort of get the value you're thinking about, just in a more roundabout way.

Thanks for your reply on this and the other topics. The altar definitely does take some of the sting out of getting 10 3*s for 900 Ironite. But, I have to disagree with your "a lot of value" comment. 1700 Essence is less than 2% of a Vortex fill. My particular 10 dupes gave me 10 5* Yellow Runes from the altar. Better than gold, for sure. But, anyway you slice it, 900 Ironite is a big hit for that return. I know it could have easily gone in a more beneficial way. But, again, it just makes me prefer the sure thing Fragment events. It's frustrating to have my mood so susceptible to this game's RNG. But, I'm sure that's just a sign that I'm taking it too seriously.

I do love the update and the new characters.

Crazypants
08-26-2017, 12:02 AM
This BNW Soul Event reminds me how much I love the Character Fragment Events, even when they aren't for premium characters.

Watching 1000 Ironite disappear for nothing but 11 3* toons is so damn demoralizing.

I feel your pain. Spent 3k got none of the new hentai toons and mostly trash but I did get my first Assassin Eddie, storm Eddie. Was able to fill the vortex and got 20 GA souls and 2 skill shards and nothing but junk out of them. Sacrificed everything for 6 more rare souls that gave me more junk. Least i got a new Eddie right? Went to check him out and realized I accidentally sacrificed him. Ugh Fuck my dumb luck.

Sparton_LOTB
08-26-2017, 12:03 AM
Thanks for your reply on this and the other topics. The altar definitely does take some of the sting out of getting 10 3*s for 900 Ironite. But, I have to disagree with your "a lot of value" comment. 1700 Essence is less than 2% of a Vortex fill. My particular 10 dupes gave me 10 5* Yellow Runes from the altar. Better than gold, for sure. But, anyway you slice it, 900 Ironite is a big hit for that return.

That is true, but don't forget there's a lot of factors that'll make getting more than just 1700 essence from a single batch of 10:

One or more characters are Eddies (much more essence from those)
Using XP and/or evo shards to level up and evolve (can easily double essence per character depending on how much you want to invest)
One or more characters are Gunner/Assassins (a bit more essence compared to Warriors/Magus/Sentinels)
One or more characters are 4 star or 5 star dupes (that can massively boost a single sacrifice to a higher tier, or you can save multiple high-rarity dupes and go for the higher quantities/more exclusive rewards that are available at higher tiers)
That sacrifice could reward you back one or more Rare Souls (which effectively is another chance at a high-rarity character, or bare minimum 10% more essence than what a pull otherwise looks like)

Since a lot of long term players are still swimming in Gold and XP/Evo shards (at least the lower tier stuff), a bit of busywork can massively improve your fodder's sacrifice value, which could halve the character investment needed for your next Vortex. It's definitely true that the result still could be a small pile of materials that you don't need, but it could also turn into a Rare Soul that could get you a Valkyrie, or a different Eddie or Ally you don't have.

druid138
08-26-2017, 12:04 AM
I feel your pain. Spent 3k got none of the new hentai toons and mostly trash but I did get my first Assassin Eddie, storm Eddie. Was able to fill the vortex and got 20 GA souls and 2 skill shards and nothing but junk out of them. Sacrificed everything for 6 more rare souls that gave me more junk. Least i got a new Eddie right? Went to check him out and realized I accidentally sacrificed him. Ugh Fuck my dumb luck.

Absolute horror story, dude. Now I feel like I don't have a right to complain.

HeadOnFire
08-26-2017, 12:21 AM

The Valkyries are definitely a bit of a departure from the designs of other characters in the game, but we wanted to push ourselves into a bit of a different territory while still tying into the theme of the Brave New World. Brutal Eddies, evil demons, badass soldiers, etc will still be a mainstay of the game, but as we add more and more characters, we also want to speak to the preferences of all kinds of players, including potential new players. We definitely appreciate your guys' feedback and criticisms, though, and we'll keep that in mind as we continue to add new characters into the game.

I don't mind playing a game that sexually objectifies half its female characters. I don't even mind The Clairvoyant appearing in all the promo ads with her cloak open to reveal all that extra busty cleavage that totally isn't there in-game. But these "Valkyries" just look so cartoon-ish that it's just creepy. I really hope they get updated, quickly, to look more human or less hentai-sexual.

druid138
08-26-2017, 12:31 AM
< . . . good points about ways to get more than just 1700 essence from a single batch of 10 . . . >

Fair enough. I've never considered the extra Essence worth powering up characters just for Sacrifice. I'm on a quest to get all but a few characters up to Level 100. So, the XP shards will be valuable for a long time. But, your comments are making me realize the additional opportunity costs of my quest.

JJJ428
08-26-2017, 12:39 AM
I am sure its known but want to point out endure, roulette and other not attack moves are still triggering counters.

Ezz
08-26-2017, 12:48 AM
Just tested the assassin valkyrie of a trooper. Ridiculously OP removing effects and stunning like crazy. She will dominate pvp I'm calling it right now.

BonFire
08-26-2017, 01:14 AM
I don't mind playing a game that sexually objectifies half its female characters. I don't even mind The Clairvoyant appearing in all the promo ads with her cloak open to reveal all that extra busty cleavage that totally isn't there in-game. But these "Valkyries" just look so cartoon-ish that it's just creepy. I really hope they get updated, quickly, to look more human or less hentai-sexual.

I knew something was different! For some reason I never noticed the ads had cleavage and in game she didn't. Then again, you never really go back to relive story moments. I always focuesed on her being 2 feet taller and losing the sleeves for bracers. Hm... In game cutscenes have been replaced with the toon version. She's no longer got spina bifida while carrying the orb.

90mphyorker
08-26-2017, 01:29 AM

Thanks for the reply and acknowledging our opinions.

I can deal with the sexualisation of females characters in the game. I think there is better ways to portray female characters in the game but it's not the worst thing ever. But I feel these ones just look bad. HeadOnFire summed up my opinion on it. They look far too creepy as they look for too hentai-sexual. Which not what I associate with this game. The sexualisation of the Clairvoywant was okay because even though it was obvious, it was subtle enough that she still fit in with the theme of the game, the other characters in the game and not all female characters in the game are like that. The Corrupt Rescuers are great because they look like they belong in the game and have that feel of Iron Maiden imagery. To me, esspecially as they aren't strictly related to the game, the Valkyries don't.

Get Eddie back as the app icon though please!

And in your response to Bradata about Skills Shards, I appreciate Skill Shards are one of the ultimate things in the game and you intend to keep them as a premium item, which I agree with. But would a Skill Shard event ever happen? Something like that 5* Eddie event in LoL but for Skill Shards. I think an event like that would be a great event for everyone.

JJJ428
08-26-2017, 01:46 AM
Second that, would love to have a skill shard event I could grind for. Feel bad I blew 20+ skill shards on vampire hunter now just to compete in arena only for the extra turn nerf after one week.

Nicko
08-26-2017, 01:53 AM
Just tested the assassin valkyrie of a trooper. Ridiculously OP removing effects and stunning like crazy. She will dominate pvp I'm calling it right now.

I've had a chance to try them all and agree the purple is the most fun.

But dominate PvP is a strong term. It was said before beta about the Gunner CotD - then it was said about GCR - etc.

I think the only toon that had that phrase appropriately applied was the Prisoner - he DID establish a strong line between the haves and the have-nots.

This toon has base 7000ish HP - and typical Assassin low def and mr - she's going to go down easy. And if there's no beneficials on a target - as is often the case after the first round - she won't be effective.

Is she a great toon? Yes - there has to be a "best of the bunch" like Wrath was the best Eternal - but will GMAC or Kamuz be lower in the PvP rankings if they don't have her?

Absolutely not.

In fact I suffered two straight losses to Kamuz - my third and fourth of the week - figuring out a team for her - perfect testing ground cause he has one of the best defenses around.

Ezz
08-26-2017, 02:14 AM
I've had a chance to try them all and agree the purple is the most fun.

But dominate PvP is a strong term. It was said before beta about the Gunner CotD - then it was said about GCR - etc.

I think the only toon that had that phrase appropriately applied was the Prisoner - he DID establish a strong line between the haves and the have-nots.

This toon has base 7000ish HP - and typical Assassin low def and mr - she's going to go down easy. And if there's no beneficials on a target - as is often the case after the first round - she won't be effective.

Is she a great toon? Yes - there has to be a "best of the bunch" like Wrath was the best Eternal - but will GMAC or Kamuz be lower in the PvP rankings if they don't have her?

Absolutely not.

In fact I suffered two straight losses to Kamuz - my third and fourth of the week - figuring out a team for her - perfect testing ground cause he has one of the best defenses around.

It was actually your toon I used Nicko. Ran her on the skull quest and had her go first each wave. She removed benefits and stunned 2 or 3 enemies on each wave. It was redonkulous.

I agree though great players will still be up top regardless. By dominate I more meant heavily used once people pull her.

Nicko
08-26-2017, 02:35 AM
It was actually your toon I used Nicko. Ran her on the skull quest and had her go first each wave. She removed benefits and stunned 2 or 3 enemies on each wave. It was redonkulous.

I agree though great players will still be up top regardless. By dominate I more meant heavily used once people pull her.

Figured Trooper ;)

I don't think she'll influence the meta in any significant way like Wrath, VHE, and Red Buzz have. I don't even think we'll see her in defenses much. But will she be on a few offenses? I think she will. Having figured out a team for her - she'll definitely appear against Kamuz again ;)

thealchemist
08-26-2017, 03:27 AM
Where is the bug fix for wave III/IV? in Garden of Life where the game typically hangs UNLESS you kill the GCRs first (not something I have managed yet on floor X) before the boss? Why isn't this listed in the update?
I would have thought that would be the foremost thing to fix or change...Change of drop rates and new characters is all good and well but if the game is still gonna hang whats the point?

Does anyone have experience to confirm that it has or hasn't been fixed?

Also has the talisman hoard been fixed? I think we all have enough freeze talismans...even if it only costs us 6 SoT now.

Ezz
08-26-2017, 03:34 AM
Anybody else notice the mark skill is no longer guaranteed an extra turn? I've had 2 or 3 instances since the update where I did not get the extra turn.

Nicko
08-26-2017, 03:57 AM
Anybody else notice the mark skill is no longer guaranteed an extra turn? I've had 2 or 3 instances since the update where I did not get the extra turn.

Definitely. And it's unpredictable - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. In fact one of my losses to Kamuz was because Mark failed to grant an extra turn.

Perhaps we will figure it out - like the way Eddie's fury didn't trigger if AoE shields or buffs were up - but it's also a possibility there's no clear pattern.

Very frustrating

Sparton_LOTB
08-26-2017, 04:32 AM
And in your response to Bradata about Skills Shards, I appreciate Skill Shards are one of the ultimate things in the game and you intend to keep them as a premium item, which I agree with. But would a Skill Shard event ever happen? Something like that 5* Eddie event in LoL but for Skill Shards. I think an event like that would be a great event for everyone.

I'm not sure about an event where it's literally raining Skill Shards, but I wouldn't rule it out. What I meant with my last comment is that we'll look at varying the amount of them that's earnable so some events will have an opportunity to get one or more for people who are participating kind of thing.

One of our biggest concerns we've found is we want to have events of different levels of "intensity" so that people don't feel obligated to play nearly every waking hour for 72 hours, as some players get seriously burned out even when earning the best stuff if we do those kinds of events too frequently.

Where is the bug fix for wave III/IV? in Garden of Life where the game typically hangs UNLESS you kill the GCRs first (not something I have managed yet on floor X) before the boss? Why isn't this listed in the update?
I would have thought that would be the foremost thing to fix or change...Change of drop rates and new characters is all good and well but if the game is still gonna hang whats the point?

Does anyone have experience to confirm that it has or hasn't been fixed?

I'm not 100% if that is fixed (can't check our bug tracking software, as I've already left the office), but I don't think it has.

I know it's frustrating when known issues like that are not immediately fixed, but some issues can still take a long time to fix and fix properly, even when the cause is known. We've had some issues with combat fixes recently, so I think our programmers needed more time to ensure the underlying issue is thoroughly solved.

Definitely. And it's unpredictable - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. In fact one of my losses to Kamuz was because Mark failed to grant an extra turn.

There is new functionality that is intended to make it so skills and effects which have a chance to grant an extra turn start suffering from diminishing returns (to reduce the chance of getting lucky with 25% chances for, say, 5 turns in a row). However, there appears to be a bug where skills with a guaranteed extra turn also use this decaying chance. This is a bug we thought we had fixed before release (for situations like Warrior/Assassin Child of the Damned's Shadow passive), but it appears the fix did not also work for guaranteed extra turns from skills (such as Vampire Hunter Eddie's Mark).

You can see the rules and decay amounts for extra turn chance in the Character Tuning section of the patch notes (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?8768).

Kamuz24z
08-26-2017, 06:09 AM
I know this has nothing to do with the update sorry in advance I'm running out space and want to do an ultimate sacrifice no long ago with an update i remember saying that ultimate sacrifice will grant 40 and something g/a soul are those guaranteed or not? please if anyone knows I'll appreciate it thanks, sparton can you comment on this

Thedarkness
08-26-2017, 06:13 AM
I know this has nothing to do with the update sorry in advance I'm running out space and want to do an ultimate sacrifice no long ago with an update i remember saying that ultimate sacrifice will grant 40 and something g/a soul are those guaranteed or not? please if anyone knows I'll appreciate it thanks

I got a few skill shards and 1 or two legendary souls. Never got the 50 regular souls from level six but have gotten 20 gun/ass.

Kamuz24z
08-26-2017, 06:24 AM
I got a few skill shards and 1 or two legendary souls. Never got the 50 regular souls from level six but have gotten 20 gun/ass.

Thanks for the response you said that was from level six have you done any level seven sacrifice

90mphyorker
08-26-2017, 06:33 AM
I know this has nothing to do with the update sorry in advance I'm running out space and want to do an ultimate sacrifice no long ago with an update i remember saying that ultimate sacrifice will grant 40 and something g/a soul are those guaranteed or not? please if anyone knows I'll appreciate it thanks

I did an Ultimate Sacrifice this morning and recieved 50 Rare G/ASouls.

Kamuz24z
08-26-2017, 06:43 AM
I did an Ultimate Sacrifice this morning and recieved 50 Rare G/ASouls.

Thanks man well I will try tomorrow I just don't want to get disappointed

Chaosego888
08-26-2017, 07:29 AM
I know this has nothing to do with the update sorry in advance I'm running out space and want to do an ultimate sacrifice no long ago with an update i remember saying that ultimate sacrifice will grant 40 and something g/a soul are those guaranteed or not? please if anyone knows I'll appreciate it thanks, sparton can you comment on this

I have done about 10 of these since Sacrifice was released. 8 of those have gave me either 8 or 10 skill shards, one gave me 10 Gun/ Assassin souls and one completely screwed me with 2 Legendary Souls. I would guess it would be highly probable that you would get the skill shard stack. I personally wish the skill shards were the only possible reward for the Ultimate Sacrifice

Kris-0707
08-26-2017, 07:43 AM
I don't like that event as well as all events based on these new souls, where we have THE CHANCE to summon a character.
I just burned a lot of ironite, bought 20 souls and pulled most expensive 20x3*** toons. As USUAL no special toons related to the event.
Why this game never offers anything guaranteed? Why there is always a chance to get something?

thealchemist
08-26-2017, 08:45 AM
Warning to people's retinas, sunglasses highly recommended for this post! :cool: I just had an experience where I got to see a lot of hot pink and not much else when starting the game. At main screen the game froze but I managed to take screen shots. Anyone else had this?

Kardas
08-26-2017, 09:33 AM
So I did not expect new characters to arrive so soon after BNW got released...
Still, this update looks like a step in the right direction. I'm very happy about the adjustments to the Skull Quests and BNW (I got 2 more Talismans after the update, so now my Talismans from BNW farming have tripled), as well as the Extra Turns.

As for the Valkyries:
On the one hand, this is a cool way to get some more female characters in the game. They look like they'll be quite useful for the most part, which is nice. Interesting that you got that amount of inspiration from The Longest Day, considering the Valkyrie part shows up for only one verse and the song's about D-Day. Their Portal/TRON style is also pretty sweet.

On the other hand...
I agree with 90mphyorker and HeadOnFire here. They seem rather sexualized. I don't know how many women play or want to play LotB, but this is not the way to reach that audience. I agree that their level of sexualization is very offputting compared to the Corrupt Rescuers (and even Clairvoyant), as well as rest of the game. This game has been really good in terms of art and concept, and compared to the rest of the cast, the Valkyries feel...generic.
Please, just give them some more practical clothing or armor and get rid of those heels.

While I get that the characters are new and special, and hence a good candidate to put on the app icon, I think the app icon should stay an Eddie. Otherwise it's hard to see at first glance that this is an Iron Maiden game. Also, the icons makes me think of those silly "play now, my lord" ads that pop up on the computer sometimes (especially because those games and now LotB tend not to be about these sexualized women).

Oh, and one more thing. Not sure if this issue was raised when BNW came out, but since the BNW update, The Beast has left the door open:

slauki
08-26-2017, 10:29 AM
I have done about 10 of these since Sacrifice was released. 8 of those have gave me either 8 or 10 skill shards, one gave me 10 Gun/ Assassin souls and one completely screwed me with 2 Legendary Souls. I would guess it would be highly probable that you would get the skill shard stack. I personally wish the skill shards were the only possible reward for the Ultimate Sacrifice

thanks for the replies sparton, nontheless i think you were way too scrooge with the premium chars this time ;)

just a question: since this came up a lot i the last few months and i never heard a statement about this toppic from the devs. would it be possible to make the values of sacrifice tiers 6 and 7 more equal? getting 2 skillshards which we can farm in 3 days or to get 50 rare souls or 25 g/a souls which needs several months of farming is a too big imbalance in values.
same for tier 7. it would be really fair if you could make them more equal so that the people are not frustrated when make their high tier sacrifice once every 2 months....

Mizrael
08-26-2017, 12:14 PM
Had some 2000 ironite saved up...bought 20 souls...19xBlue eyes and a wickerman...sacrificed everything...6 Rare souls...6xBlue eyes...sacrificed everything...ended up with some 2* runes and 3* shards...

no matter how you put it,Sparton, but the drops SUCK!!!

Some new unexplainable phenomenons in PVP after the patch:

-enemy Wrath revived with no HP bar and then slowly sunk back into the ground again

-enemy GGS caused damage and viped out 3 members of his team by atacking my team...with ne shields to reflect damage up

-a frozen enemy dog trying to counter the damaged from frozen at the beginning of his round

Well appreciate the changes to BNW and SQ costs!

Witkacy
08-26-2017, 12:57 PM
Afternoon all...

Well... I've made THAT mistake again - bought some ironities to bought some souls of ''high chance winning'' new characters... Zero, null, nothing... Then sacrificed some 5* toons - tier VI sacrifice - 20 G/A souls... Not a SINGLE one 4*, not mentioning of 5*...

One step away of sacrificing all that's left to make VII tier sacrifice for sure and face myself with another ''high chances''...

So... It seems that the more I give, the less I get... Very cool philosophy of the game...

Cheers,

W

MrFreeze
08-26-2017, 01:15 PM
Thanks for reducing the cost of SLs and increasing drop rates in BNW. I wish you guys would rethink the cost of BNW though. I won't be buying any BNW souls because I already blew through most of my saved ironite playing BNW. I thought for a second about buying some, but nah. Whether intentional or not, it's pretty devious to release a long awaited feature at such a high cost, then follow it up with a limited soul event like this.

You probably didn't do it on purpose, but it's a model these mobile games seem to follow. There's always an attempt to psychologically trick the customer into a purchase. Not much pisses me off more than someone trying to trick or manipulate me. Give me a fair deal that both sides can benefit from, and I'll be all over it.

To be fair, you guys may not have planned it like this. Maybe a schedule of events is something you might consider. I also sacrificed 5-6 5* dupes the day before your last sacrifice event. If we had some notice, I could have hung on to those guys one more day.

No comment on the valkyries since I haven't seen them yet.

T-Man
08-26-2017, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the changes to BNW and Skull Quest.

Would you also consider lowering SoT in BNW to say LoL levels? Also the ironite cost to revive is crazy at 40! Considering lowering that as well please? Not that I use revive much unless I'm carrying a trooper.

I also wish these updates would be done early in the week. I've spent all week tweaking my Arena teams, and the Arena metrics changed significantly since the update.

I just lost twice in a row to the Assassin Valkyrie. As has been mentioned in this thread, she is way overpowering! Would be nice to have some time to adjust instead of having to do it at the midnight hour.

Possible bug?
When the GUAS's rapid fire extra turn procs, only 1 party member is getting an extra turn. I verified this in BNW, and the Arena. I don't think this was intended with the update, right? He was a great toon for BNW.

Thanks for listening, and I'm enjoying BNW more now.

MrFreeze
08-26-2017, 02:06 PM
Possible bug?
When the GUAS's rapid fire extra turn procs, only 1 party member is getting an extra turn. I verified this in BNW, and the Arena. I don't think this was intended with the update, right? He was a great toon for BNW.

Mine's still giving the extra turn to multiple characters, sometimes. I have an accuracy buff on him, I don't know if that would make a difference there. Thanks to this character and a couple other I never used, I'm also enjoying BNW quite a bit. Just not what it's doing to my ironite reserves.

T-Man
08-26-2017, 02:29 PM
Mine's still giving the extra turn to multiple characters, sometimes. I have an accuracy buff on him, I don't know if that would make a difference there. Thanks to this character and a couple other I never used, I'm also enjoying BNW quite a bit. Just not what it's doing to my ironite reserves.

Same here, he is great in BNW. That's weird. Since the update, its only one toon getting the extra turn for me. I verified it at least 10 times. :confused:

He just gave 2 party members and extra turn in BNW. Still not the entire team as before the update. Hopefully Sparton will chime in on this.

satani
08-26-2017, 02:39 PM
i like the effects of the new valkyres. Warrior will be a blast in pvp. Trying to get her at high priority.
Sentinel seems to be fun with blockers on her team.

As for the souls:
me and my friend spent 1000-2000 saved up ironite on all devices (6 devices) : nothing new, except some 4* dupes and the gunner spawn... no valkyries.
Result: ~90 BNW souls spent: 3 5* Chars (assassin COTD, Viking and Mystic Eddie), 3 corrupt rescuers (2x gunner, 1x warrior) ~10 4* dupes and the rest was 3*! So much for the drop rates.

The only "good" thing are a few assassin and gunner and warrior spawns. they may come in handy.
On thing i noticed that the assassin harpy now adds 2 death marks at the beginning to each enemy. I'm sure, pre-patch it was only one. Now makre her even more valuable. Also gunner corrupt rescuers revive now also grant eddie endure. (before, even if he was revived, he did not get endure)
Also like the SOT change for skull quests. Now lower the SOT for the BNW quests.

T-Man
08-26-2017, 03:02 PM
i like the effects of the new valkyres. Warrior will be a blast in pvp. Trying to get her at high priority.
Sentinel seems to be fun with blockers on her team.

As for the souls:
me and my friend spent 1000-2000 saved up ironite on all devices (6 devices) : nothing new, except some 4* dupes and the gunner spawn... no valkyries.
Result: ~90 BNW souls spent: 3 5* Chars (assassin COTD, Viking and Mystic Eddie), 3 corrupt rescuers (2x gunner, 1x warrior) ~10 4* dupes and the rest was 3*! So much for the drop rates.

The only "good" thing are a few assassin and gunner and warrior spawns. they may come in handy.
On thing i noticed that the assassin harpy now adds 2 death marks at the beginning to each enemy. I'm sure, pre-patch it was only one. Now makre her even more valuable. Also gunner corrupt rescuers revive now also grant eddie endure. (before, even if he was revived, he did not get endure)
Also like the SOT change for skull quests. Now lower the SOT for the BNW quests.

I've never had one single worthy toon drop from these event souls. I bought 1 just to see if my luck would change this time. Nope. Not buying any more.

Thedarkness
08-26-2017, 04:43 PM
The prisoners passive is now blocking positive effects.

BenjaminBreeg
08-26-2017, 05:19 PM
The Warrior Troll now lowers if he lowers stats not the stats of the whole team, only of 1-2 enemies... Is that intended?
And my ACR always seals two enemies.. Is that intended?

JJJ428
08-26-2017, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the changes to BNW and Skull Quest.

Would you also consider lowering SoT in BNW to say LoL levels? Also the ironite cost to revive is crazy at 40! Considering lowering that as well please? Not that I use revive much unless I'm carrying a trooper.

I also wish these updates would be done early in the week. I've spent all week tweaking my Arena teams, and the Arena metrics changed significantly since the update.

I just lost twice in a row to the Assassin Valkyrie. As has been mentioned in this thread, she is way overpowering! Would be nice to have some time to adjust instead of having to do it at the midnight hour.

Possible bug?

Couldn't agree more on the timing of updates. I planned this week around the current meta and actually had a great hold rate for first time ever only to find once the change happened I didn't have one signal hold. Because of the nature of arena and when it resets meta changes should really be held for Monday or Tuesday like that. Friday is just a terrible time to change the meta that drastically.

JJJ428
08-26-2017, 06:07 PM
Also getting a lot of freezes on the immortality revives it seems. All week didn't run into issue once, now have run into it three times just since update.

JJJ428
08-26-2017, 06:32 PM
Make it four and counting.

Nicko
08-26-2017, 06:51 PM
Same here, he is great in BNW. That's weird. Since the update, its only one toon getting the extra turn for me. I verified it at least 10 times. :confused:

He just gave 2 party members and extra turn in BNW. Still not the entire team as before the update. Hopefully Sparton will chime in on this.

I don't think he's supposed to routinely give the whole team an extra turn; perhaps you were just lucky.

I used him a lot in BNW too. Sometimes no extra turns - sometimes just him - sometimes multiple allies. Completely random.

JJJ428
08-26-2017, 07:12 PM
This is ridiculous every battle with immortality talismans is causing freezes depending how i kill the enemies. Did anyone experience this before the friday update?

Mizrael
08-26-2017, 07:18 PM
Freaking arena! I just lost 4xin a row against Mr HORNETAKER,had to reset SoW and the fifth time i had his GDog and EE down to 1mm HP and the buttons just disappeared! (First time this ever happened to me)

There is a freebie 5th win mate! And keep your 9 SoW NF! i'm done with this shitty arena!

For once i thought that you guys have finally nailed it. i realy did! I have wasted a load of money in previous events and i have received nothing but 3*s (1x4* dupe and 1x5* dupe to be honest) with 90 nautical souls. so i have learned (just like W did this time) and don't invest real money anymore. This time i only used saved up ironite for 19 3*s and one 4* dupe and moved on to play the game. no big deal...
But all these new bugs introduced just make it so displeasing and disappointing to play the game....

Nicko
08-26-2017, 07:19 PM
This is ridiculous every battle with immortality talismans is causing freezes depending how i kill the enemies. Did anyone experience this before the friday update?

I'm seeing weird stuff with them - but not freezing of the game. I do think some freezing with revived Wraths was reported before the update.

What I'll typically see now is the toon revive - but have no HP - no ability to attack or be attack - he just stands there. A ghost observing the show...

The other thing I'm seeing is VHEs reviving - but with stupidly low HPs. This has happened to me on offense - and Im seeing it on defense to.

Ezz
08-26-2017, 07:41 PM
I'm seeing weird stuff with them - but not freezing of the game. I do think some freezing with revived Wraths was reported before the update.

What I'll typically see now is the toon revive - but have no HP - no ability to attack or be attack - he just stands there. A ghost observing the show...

The other thing I'm seeing is VHEs reviving - but with stupidly low HPs. This has happened to me on offense - and Im seeing it on defense to.

I saw this revive issue too and asked about this last week but got no responses. It sometimes seems like immortality revive takes overflow damage from the blow that kills the toon. especially notice when they get hit with critical strike. And I have seen the ghost observers too.

Blacksteel
08-26-2017, 11:15 PM
Stop trying to sell us new characters instead focus on fixing the shitty code that freezes/makes the app unresponsive, buttons disapear etc, tired of losing matches, time and resources because of it.

T-Man
08-27-2017, 12:51 AM
Couldn't agree more on the timing of updates. I planned this week around the current meta and actually had a great hold rate for first time ever only to find once the change happened I didn't have one signal hold. Because of the nature of arena and when it resets meta changes should really be held for Monday or Tuesday like that. Friday is just a terrible time to change the meta that drastically.

Glad I'm not alone. Another part of this problems is learning the bugs and playing around them. It's something we shouldn't need to do but...

With each update we get new bugs to figure out. At least give us some time to learn them before the Saturday slam. :p

T-Man
08-27-2017, 12:54 AM
I don't think he's supposed to routinely give the whole team an extra turn; perhaps you were just lucky.

I used him a lot in BNW too. Sometimes no extra turns - sometimes just him - sometimes multiple allies. Completely random.

Wow I have been quite lucky indeed. Lol
Thanks

T-Man
08-27-2017, 01:03 AM
I saw this revive issue too and asked about this last week but got no responses. It sometimes seems like immortality revive takes overflow damage from the blow that kills the toon. especially notice when they get hit with critical strike. And I have seen the ghost observers too.

I'm seeing this as well.

Something else weird is my Prisoner just won't block passives. Even on toons not equipped with immunity tals. Prisoners I go against, passive always procs.

osiris0000
08-27-2017, 01:30 AM
Characters look unique with skills, but i have expected more mythological / Iron Maiden-ish style design for Valkyries.
And thanks for the some improvements like lowering SQ cost.
Still looking forward to see a good balance for Trooper points and fixes for mentioning bugs in forums.

My favourite conversation from this thread so far:

at least we can get rid of the SSD with strikes now without problems if we are lucky to get this green chick.

I don't know what you're talking about. Kaz didn't design a character to taunt me by countering my favourite character. You're crazy.

Meanwhile SSD :

druid138
08-27-2017, 01:45 AM
Characters look unique with skills, but i have expected more mythological / Iron Maiden-ish style design for Valkyries.

Right. I was expecting the Valkyries to look like the character here (https://mobile.twitter.com/ironmaidenlotb/status/831663075359129600/photo/1) between Pharaoh and the Bear (Mother Russia).

Any guesses on who that's going to be then?

Nicko
08-27-2017, 01:49 AM
I noticed that response too Osiris - probably my favorite Sparton post ever.

But then again - when you're Buff Daddy - you gotta be cool...

Monte47
08-27-2017, 01:51 AM
8 BNW souls, nothing but normal 3 star shit weeds. Spent $10. I'm done. I've spent too much money on this game for shit return. If you spend cash, you should AT LEAST, get a four star. It's become a rip off.

I appreciate Spartan and your interaction. Appreciate you are fairly candid. Good luck to you mate.

You guys'll get your trooper points everyday, but I'm pretty done with this game. It's been fun. Wish NF the best, but I'm on to AGS studios and old Sierra games on Steam.

Jofer and SK, promise to build up my transformer team in the next month. I have a kiddo here visiting.

Cheers.
Eskiggalu

MetalKing
08-27-2017, 08:41 AM
I don't like that event as well as all events based on these new souls, where we have THE CHANCE to summon a character.
I just burned a lot of ironite, bought 20 souls and pulled most expensive 20x3*** toons. As USUAL no special toons related to the event.
Why this game never offers anything guaranteed? Why there is always a chance to get something?
I feel the same way. I spent money again on enough iron ite for the 10 soul pack and got no value for my money. It's like buying a lottery ticket except you have a greater chance of being hit by a meteor than winning. No more money for chance, only for guarantees.

URock
08-27-2017, 10:24 AM
2nd pack of 10 BNW souls:

Gunner Corrupt Rescuer and Corrupt OX Cultist

Nice, but again no Valkyrie...

thealchemist
08-27-2017, 12:10 PM
I just played with a troopers Valkyrie, I can see what some have been talking about. The icon features a toon with a seductive look. Why? Then during game play the way they are standing side on so you get to see what they are packing so to speak. I love that we have more female characters but this is Iron Maiden, not Charlie's Angels or Spice Girls. Their look doesn't fit the game and just comes across as "sex sells" to me.

And finally the icon for the game HAS TO BE EDDIE! How else is anyone to know its Iron Maiden? Makes me wonder if Iron Maiden Holdings are okay with this new direction...

Patrice-1201
08-27-2017, 01:17 PM
And finally the icon for the game HAS TO BE EDDIE! How else is anyone to know its Iron Maiden? Makes me wonder if Iron Maiden Holdings are okay with this new direction...

Fully agree. Only Eddie is acceptable as a game icon. Please hurry up with Trooper Eddie as the current and icon is not good at all for an Iron Maiden game. If no Trooper then put it back to what it was or set it to VJE as he rules the Arena but not this...

thealchemist
08-27-2017, 01:36 PM
Fully agree. Only Eddie is acceptable as a game icon. Please hurry up with Trooper Eddie as the current and icon is not good at all for an Iron Maiden game. If no Trooper then put it back to what it was or set it to VJE as he rules the Arena but not this...

I thought I'd check the store to see if it was the same there and sure enough it is. Also Iron is missing from the title and just says Maiden:legacy of the beast. If you didn't know better you would think Maiden is the name of the Magus Valkyrie pictured in the app icon...

Blacksteel
08-27-2017, 01:48 PM
I feel the same way. I spent money again on enough iron ite for the 10 soul pack and got no value for my money. It's like buying a lottery ticket except you have a greater chance of being hit by a meteor than winning. No more money for chance, only for guarantees.

Yep bought from the store, used all the saved ironite, got only 3* shit dups, no red eyes, typical LOTB BS, devs lost my wallet, never again.

I just played with a troopers Valkyrie, I can see what some have been talking about. The icon features a toon with a seductive look. Why? Then during game play the way they are standing side on so you get to see what they are packing so to speak. I love that we have more female characters but this is Iron Maiden, not Charlie's Angels or Spice Girls. Their look doesn't fit the game and just comes across as "sex sells" to me.

Valkyrie was a chance for an epic character instead they do girl with dildos.

About the icon, hentai girl?, worst idea ever, this is Legacy of the Beast, not Legacy of the Bukkake.

Also valkyrie seems to have OCD and keeps looking at her buzzer every 5 seconds instead of looking at the battle.

R1ck
08-27-2017, 02:12 PM
I thought I'd check the store to see if it was the same there and sure enough it is. Also Iron is missing from the title and just says Maiden:legacy of the beast. If you didn't know better you would think Maiden is the name of the Magus Valkyrie pictured in the app icon...

Indeed, the name of the game has changed, it doesn't say Iron Maiden

Nicko
08-27-2017, 02:49 PM
Indeed, the name of the game has changed, it doesn't say Iron Maiden

Damn. Where's Steve Harris when you need him.

I think a mini-update should be pushed ASAP even if this and the picture (Eddie is the only acceptable pic) are the only issues they fix.

Nicko
08-27-2017, 02:51 PM
In the iOS store it still says Iron Maiden

Chaosego888
08-27-2017, 03:43 PM
I agree with everyone that only Eddie should be on the icon, pretty ridiculous that we have to say this. I don't have a problem with hot chicks being in the game but that Gunner Valkyrie looks like she should be in a Stryper game instead of Iron Maiden.

Nicko
08-27-2017, 03:54 PM
Maybe there's a joint marketing agreement?

Patrice-1201
08-27-2017, 04:51 PM

Almost died laughing but then realized how sad this is ...

Demoonchild
08-27-2017, 07:16 PM
Just wanted to ask why the Gunner Valkyrie is the only one which the passive works just for her, and for her only. It could have been for the team too for at least a couple turns...
This and just this makes her the less wanted of them all.

Enti
08-27-2017, 07:22 PM
Just wanted to ask why the Gunner Valkyrie is the only one which the passive works just for her, and for her only. It could have been for the team too for at least a couple turns...
This and just this makes her the less wanted of them all.

Imagine a PvP defense with all characters having perfect immunity and a shitload of other buffs - can't steal, can't remove = you're toast. NF would have made a horrible mistake if that passive granted perfect immunity to whole team.

Equip all characters with endure and they will survive for 3 rounds no matter what... and 3 rounds in arena with full team is dangerous

Kamuz24z
08-27-2017, 07:45 PM

From metal to pop Lol 😂 🎸⛓⚔️⚰️ to 🍬🎉🌻 as long as is good to the game no complaints Valkyries will be a good addition to pvp the assasin one will be a problem for many so far I've face 3 teams with her and it was easy to beat those teams cause I have the gunner one but if it wasn't for her will be a different story none of the other valkyries have a counter for her and every time she attacks at least 2 will be stun I haven't seen the sentinel and warrior yet I wonder if the Magus Valkyrie will be one of the Eternals or she's going to have her own event

URock
08-27-2017, 08:14 PM
New Event coming:

https://twitter.com/ironmaidenlotb/status/901897118847299584

Enti
08-27-2017, 08:20 PM
New Event coming:

Thank you!

Thedarkness
08-27-2017, 08:48 PM
Kari, the valkyrie siren? Whos next dora the valkyrie explorer?

Nicko
08-27-2017, 08:58 PM
From metal to pop Lol 😂 🎸⛓⚔️⚰️ to 🍬🎉🌻 as long as is good to the game no complaints Valkyries will be a good addition to pvp the assasin one will be a problem for many so far I've face 3 teams with her and it was easy to beat those teams cause I have the gunner one but if it wasn't for her will be a different story none of the other valkyries have a counter for her and every time she attacks at least 2 will be stun I haven't seen the sentinel and warrior yet I wonder if the Magus Valkyrie will be one of the Eternals or she's going to have her own event

There's actually a very simple counter to the purple. Keep immunity on. Even if it's removed - you won't get stunned. Then reapply the next round. Red Pyro, Green Droid, etc.

My apologies to those defenses using her ;)

T-Man
08-27-2017, 09:18 PM
New Event coming:

Now that's pretty cool to get a brand new toon. Thanks.

Amarthir
08-27-2017, 09:28 PM
New Event coming:

Please tell me the Blue Valkyrie is also a permanent add, I'd be ashamed if I miss out on a new character just cuz I can't play right now.

T-Man
08-27-2017, 09:46 PM
There's actually a very simple counter to the purple. Keep immunity on. Even if it's removed - you won't get stunned. Then reapply the next round. Red Pyro, Green Droid, etc.

Thanks for the tip Nicko.

Kamuz24z
08-27-2017, 09:50 PM

Good advice as always bro i noticed that as well if I didn't have EDA I'll bring hellhound, red pyro and Allied General

Jofer16
08-28-2017, 01:56 AM
we also want to speak to the preferences of all kinds of players, including potential new players.

Like who, horny 12 year olds? This update sealed the deal for me, your guys desperation is overwhelming. Hey guys, our game sucks and is full of bugs, how can we fix this?? I know! Let's make a toon with giant boobs and make her look like a ripoff of games that are popular!! lol.

Was thinking of coming back, but damn how far this game has fallen.

Demoonchild
08-28-2017, 02:44 AM
Imagine a PvP defense with all characters having perfect immunity and a shitload of other buffs - can't steal, can't remove = you're toast. NF would have made a horrible mistake if that passive granted perfect immunity to whole team.

Equip all characters with endure and they will survive for 3 rounds no matter what... and 3 rounds in arena with full team is dangerous

I'm clear about it Enti, maybe one round could be a good option, since all her sisters have "whole team" passive and she's clearly the weakest and not so useful of them all...

Ezz
08-28-2017, 03:42 AM

Just lost a game where my VHE was killed with immortality. He revived and just stood there with no health bar. I was waiting to take my turn and suddenly the defeat screen appeared. Nobody even touched him after he revived and his fury was full. What a crock.

PaquitoChep
08-28-2017, 04:40 AM
Same thing this afternoon in PVP my Bomber boy and Nomad revived, but the second one just stood still, like a traitor watching his allies die xD

aXe
08-28-2017, 07:46 AM
Like who, horny 12 year olds? This update sealed the deal for me, your guys desperation is overwhelming. Hey guys, our game sucks and is full of bugs, how can we fix this?? I know! Let's make a toon with giant boobs and make her look like a ripoff of games that are popular!! lol.

I don't see these characters as extreme as many people here are describing. They're fully clothed for one. Maybe they're an ill fit for the game but I don't see them as that bad. There's a lot of sexualisation of women in games but its like as soon as people see a pair of boobs that are not tiny they say that's the same thing going on here. Maybe I just don't find these cartoon women on my tiny screen sexy. I just don't find it a big deal. So long as the game doesn't become littered with characters that don't fit.

MoonShadow
08-28-2017, 09:23 AM
Sadly that they started to depart from the Maiden Legacy, but I'm thinking that they aim at the younger players, which aren't familiar with the band's fame, players which are getting horny after staring at some digital bOOb$$ and spend their parents money.. :)

Though, I've got nothing against them, except the fact that I ain't got any of them... yet.

konstifik
08-28-2017, 10:08 AM
So I did not expect new characters to arrive so soon after BNW got released...
Still, this update looks like a step in the right direction. I'm very happy about the adjustments to the Skull Quests and BNW (I got 2 more Talismans after the update, so now my Talismans from BNW farming have tripled), as well as the Extra Turns.

As for the Valkyries:
On the one hand, this is a cool way to get some more female characters in the game. They look like they'll be quite useful for the most part, which is nice. Interesting that you got that amount of inspiration from The Longest Day, considering the Valkyrie part shows up for only one verse and the song's about D-Day. Their Portal/TRON style is also pretty sweet.

On the other hand...
I agree with 90mphyorker and HeadOnFire here. They seem rather sexualized. I don't know how many women play or want to play LotB, but this is not the way to reach that audience. I agree that their level of sexualization is very offputting compared to the Corrupt Rescuers (and even Clairvoyant), as well as rest of the game. This game has been really good in terms of art and concept, and compared to the rest of the cast, the Valkyries feel...generic.
Please, just give them some more practical clothing or armor and get rid of those heels.

While I get that the characters are new and special, and hence a good candidate to put on the app icon, I think the app icon should stay an Eddie. Otherwise it's hard to see at first glance that this is an Iron Maiden game. Also, the icons makes me think of those silly "play now, my lord" ads that pop up on the computer sometimes (especially because those games and now LotB tend not to be about these sexualized women).

I'm pretty disappointed with the looks of these characters as well. Their sexualized design play into stupid stereotypes, with no Maiden connection to justify it. On the contrary, they feel very disconnected from both LotB and Maiden. I can't even see the connection to the other BNW characters. And using one of them as the app icon doesn't exactly make things better.

There are a lot of things the developers have done (or failed to do) that have made me, piece by piece, lose trust in their vision of the game but this may very well be the thing that finally makes me give up on this game.

Also, the naming of the characters is weird to me. The names are obviously inspired by old nordic names, but none are names given to valkyries in the old poems and stories where they feature. Minor thing though.

Mizrael
08-28-2017, 10:51 AM
Some new anomalies observed in PvP:

-my Nomad just killed an invincible green bat

-WNboL taking revenge at the beginning of my turn for no reason (costed me the battle, which would be a victory with my next move)

surfingwithdje
08-28-2017, 11:10 AM

Thank you for the tips Nicko!
Facing her in the arena i lose 2 times (my only losses this week) because i had 2 characts stun every turn... (and i had a gunner pharaoh dog for immunity)
I think remove beneficial effects + stun is too much for the arena... or maybe it's time to unnerf the prisoner ? :)
The meta have change a lot since his nerf and with those new talismants he will not be as overpowered as before ;)
And after introduce toons with as much powerfull passives we need a real counter !

MrFreeze
08-28-2017, 12:08 PM
Interesting that you got that amount of inspiration from The Longest Day, considering the Valkyrie part shows up for only one verse and the song's about D-Day.

Misprint? Maybe they meant 22 Acacia Ave.

I still don't have any, but I don't care what they look like. I definitely had a different idea in my head of what they'd look like before we saw them, but whatever. At least they're making new characters. I'm also glad we'll have an event for something new for a change. I just hope it's reasonable. BNW is expensive. Depending on how it's done it could be a real pain in the ass. Hoping for a fun event though.

R1ck
08-28-2017, 12:49 PM
Looking forward for the new event and get a new character since I got nothing but 30* dupes from 30 BNW bought.
As she is Magus I think the event will be on GoD, the hardest one, hope that at least there are guaranteed fragments in high levels.

Mariner-1212
08-28-2017, 01:03 PM
Looking forward for the new event and get a new character since I got nothing but 30* dupes from 30 BNW bought.
As she is Magus I think the event will be on GoD, the hardest one, hope that at least there are guaranteed fragments in high levels.

Oh man I hope that's the case, GoD is the easiest for me. GoF is what takes 10 mins a pop with my best team.

But I think you're 100% that she'll be the next fragment event. It's a logical and solid reward to players.

And um... just checked facebook and yesterday they posted that she's the next event. So yeah, I guess you knew a little something I didn't there. But I still like your logic on levels. I think it'll be dropping on all of them though.

Mariner-1212
08-28-2017, 01:04 PM
Some new anomalies observed in PvP:

-my Nomad just killed an invincible green bat

-WNboL taking revenge at the beginning of my turn for no reason (costed me the battle, which would be a victory with my next move)

Green bat's invincibility has never worked.

Blacksteel
08-28-2017, 01:15 PM
Green bat's invincibility has never worked.

He also can absorb the damage from an invisible character that was attacked which is obviously is a no-hit, yep, broken since forever, NF sitting on their thumbs about this as usual.

Silentknight
08-28-2017, 02:36 PM

Would ♡ 2 c the in #'s compared 2 the out! Must b targeting the Japanese population now. On the plus side it got Bb & E more active but we both know they have the maturity level of a 12 yr old! Hahaha

Sparton_LOTB
08-28-2017, 05:33 PM

Regarding the name that's on the Google Play Store, there previously was a 30 character limit (and "Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast" is just over that). However, after investigating, it seems as though that limit was recently upped to 50 characters, so we have adjusted the name on the store, effective immediately.

As Nicko noted, the game continues to be called "Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast" on the iOS App Store.

Regarding the revive issues, we're looking into it and ensuring we have the scenarios that cause them logged to see if we can get them sorted out by the next major updates.

If you have any information on what scenarios you see them, please let us know. To best narrow it down, it helps to know:

Your full team of characters
Your enemies full team of characters
What triggered the revival effect (passive, talisman, could have been either, etc)
What skill killed the reviving character
If there were any specific talisman triggers/status effects on targets who died

EDIT: Since this commonly happens in PVP, out of respect of other players' defenses, it would be good to PM me the teams and info if you have additional information about talismans.

blackbolt
08-28-2017, 05:34 PM
but we both know they have the maturity level of a 12 yr old! Hahaha

Hey! Don't be offensive, i'm still 11! And I do like boobs!

Btw, I'm ok with introducing characters with a strong impact on the actual meta but, the main issue is the look (and the app's icon...the icon!) they could have designed a little more "Iron" Maiden than "Rozen Maiden"...

Up the Boob...ehm, Irons!

Silentknight
08-28-2017, 05:45 PM
Hey! Don't be offensive, i'm still 11! And I do like boobs!

Btw, I'm ok with introducing characters with a strong impact on the actual meta but, the main issue is the look (and the app's icon...the icon!) they could have designed a little more "Iron" Maiden than "Rozen Maiden"...

Up the Boob...ehm, Irons!

Me 2! Ez on the eyes! Sex sells...no# 1 marketing strategy in the world! Lmao, had 2 Google that 1 & u nailed it!!!

zamasu
08-28-2017, 06:02 PM
Regarding the revive issues, we're looking into it and ensuring we have the scenarios that cause them logged to see if we can get them sorted out by the next major updates.

If you have any information on what scenarios you see them, please let us know. To best narrow it down, it helps to know:

What triggered the revival effect (passive, talisman, could have been either, etc)

It looks like the Damage is being taken carried over after it revives.
Example:
VHE with immorality talisman. When he has 1K HP left and I use a very high damage move (Like VHE Fury that deal 7K of damage) he will take the 1K damage to die and when he revives, he will take the other 6K of damage and die again. Or if I use Wrath's power move, he will die and come back to life when the 3 marks on him.

VHE, Wrath, red Buzz, XYZ character
VHE + any company

Enti
08-28-2017, 06:06 PM
Would ♡ 2 c the in #'s compared 2 the out! Must b targeting the Japanese population now. On the plus side it got Bb & E more active but we both know they have the maturity level of a 12 yr old! Hahaha

I never denied. Yeah, I think 2 months of passivity (troopers and SQs only +1 arena per day) was enough, time to stir the arena up

BTW the 'removing beneficial effect and inflict stun when it happens' move on purple bit..... I mean assassin valkyrie should be a power move, not normal attack imo

Silentknight
08-28-2017, 06:09 PM
I never denied. Yeah, I think 2 months of passivity (troopers and SQs only +1 arena per day) was enough, time to stir the arena up

Rotf! Thx E! Needed that b4 work!!! C, they got us talkin

Ezz
08-29-2017, 12:47 AM

EDIT: Since this commonly happens in PVP, out of respect of other players' defenses, it would be good to PM me the teams and info if you have additional information about talismans.

Just lost another match where my VHE revived and was standing there with no health.

My team - VHE, Wrath, GCR, prisoner
Opponent - VHE, Wrath, WUR, AG
Revival from immortal talisman
Wrath basic attack killed VHE
No other effects on my VHE

thealchemist
08-29-2017, 06:39 AM
since this update I have been noticing buffs on both my team and enemies not always displaying in PvE. this effects your strategy as you think you're about to kill an enemy but turns out they have endure but its not displaying. I could have killed another enemy instead without endure. ffs this game is getting so frustrating.

thealchemist
08-29-2017, 07:14 AM
Regarding the name that's on the Google Play Store, there previously was a 30 character limit (and "Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast" is just over that). However, after investigating, it seems as though that limit was recently upped to 50 characters, so we have adjusted the name on the store, effective immediately.

As Nicko noted, the game continues to be called "Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast" on the iOS App Store.

The point I was trying to make is the name itself wasn't an issue before because Eddie was pictured as the app icon. But when you changed that to the Final Fantasy looking icon, THEN the name became a problem. At least one half of this has been fixed, looking forward to seeing Eddie return as the app icon once this event is over :P

Liebhild
08-29-2017, 04:17 PM
Since the August 9th Update something is totally wrong with the effects.

The defense cheating from NF has become much worster. Almost no effect is triggering on my side, defense of cause every shit ist working.

When a full maxed gimp 4 times in row don't stun and this over several rounds, thats not random.

One of the devs said, they didn't change anything, but hey, the are genius in programming stuff, so it is likely that something was changed and they have again no clue what they are doing.

Sparton_LOTB
08-29-2017, 05:04 PM
Just lost another match where my VHE revived and was standing there with no health.

My team - VHE, Wrath, GCR, prisoner
Opponent - VHE, Wrath, WUR, AG
Revival from immortal talisman
Wrath basic attack killed VHE
No other effects on my VHE

I've passed that along to the QA team to investigate. Thanks for the info.

The point I was trying to make is the name itself wasn't an issue before because Eddie was pictured as the app icon. But when you changed that to the Final Fantasy looking icon, THEN the name became a problem. At least one half of this has been fixed, looking forward to seeing Eddie return as the app icon once this event is over :P

I don't want to presume to speak for the band (I personally don't know their exact stance on the matter), but suffice to say both that we as the developers and also our partners have heard your concerns, and the change from an Eddie will not be long-lasting.

BadTaste
08-29-2017, 06:20 PM
I don't want to presume to speak for the band (I personally don't know their exact stance on the matter), but suffice to say both that we as the developers and also our partners have heard your concerns, and the change from an Eddie will not be long-lasting.
Good news! Eddie is probably the most recognizable metal icon in the world, and it should b a crime to mess with that!

BonFire
08-30-2017, 12:08 AM
Okay, whoever made the ironite costs for dying in BNW is a dick. I'm not gonna make it to room 10 of GoD for some time. Until I can find some Eddie that can heal himself every turn no problem, while having high health, while also having the side guys strong enough to survive and then take down the titan shield before round 3. A bunch of times. Sod 40 ironite. Blue Mega Gal isn't worth that.

JJJ428
08-30-2017, 01:36 AM
Hoping this revive glitch gets fixed soon. I have almost a dozen losess just from the immortality freeze. To me arena is unbearable at this point and I won't even fight anyone who has vampire hunter in their line up.

Nicko
08-30-2017, 04:21 AM
Sparton,

The Warrior Corrupt Rescuer's passive is supposed to inflict up to four physical burns each turn.

It's only doing it on the first turn.

mjmxiii
08-30-2017, 05:14 AM
Digging the new update... Valkyries look great. A slight change to the outfits, swapped swords for hand cannons and the aesthetic augmentation.. nice touch adding the pretty faces... Will Voltron be the next Eternal?

Loving the icon change too... Eddie is way too "Iron Maiden" for the game.

You guys should just change the game name too. Fuck it. Easier that way.

And that "not so instant" extra turn on VHE... yeah man... now we're cooking with gasoline.

Immortal game freeze? ...yes please! Whoever came up with that bug needs a big raise.

BNW Event in a location where game freeze is more common than decent rewards... hell yeah!

Thanks so much for making SQ cheaper, haven't seen a skill shard since! No one needs those useless things.

I really like how a bit more fun seems to get removed with every update... didn't think that was even possible.

Worth. Every. Penny.

DaveMurray
08-30-2017, 07:54 AM
I've passed that along to the QA team to investigate. Thanks for the info.

Are you ever going to do anything with those freezes or you will stick to investigation until the game is completely dead? It's being reported almost by everyone hundred of times and still no fix.
I went home last night after a long day at work and wanted to relax by playing a bit, read about the new event so i went to farm fragments for this hentai crap char. 2 freezes on 2 runs on fear X.
I switch to pvp, 3 freezes in a row with a player called leonjaro7(something like that) always the same thing, Wrath dies, revives, hits and freeze.
I changed my team, managed to take out all the other toons and killed him last. Then i had another 2 freezes with 2 different players until i finally gor bored, mad and killed the app.
So in 10 min i've lost more than 150 points in pvp(revenges calculated) and had to restart the app 7 times due to freezes, i wanted to relax and got mad and no it's not my phone, i have a better phone than 90% of the players in here.

FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME.

P.S. hentai chars on a Maiden game..i hope someone got fired or there is no hope for this world.
P.S2 Do you have a problem with maths at NF or you just steal our money? You release a special soul with "better" drop rates for certain chars but somehow, even if i spend a billion dollars, i never get any of them. If i ever pay a cent again to this game it'll be with paypal and if i won't get anything i will open a dispute to get my money back. I had enough.

I really like how a bit more fun seems to get removed with every update... didn't think that was even possible.
Worth. Every. Penny.

They can remove even more...

Sparton_LOTB
08-30-2017, 04:51 PM
The Warrior Corrupt Rescuer's passive is supposed to inflict up to four physical burns each turn.

It's only doing it on the first turn.

Oh, well damn. I'll have a look at that; hopefully a simple fix.

Nicko
08-30-2017, 06:18 PM
Oh, well damn. I'll have a look at that; hopefully a simple fix.

Thanks.

And just got an update - Eddie's back :cool:

blade685
08-30-2017, 07:35 PM
i don't like all futurist design of bnw characters and Valkyries ...:confused:

JJJ428
08-30-2017, 09:58 PM
Thank you devs for getting this update out there. Haven't had a freeze issue in pvp since.

Jofer16
08-30-2017, 11:25 PM
There's a lot of sexualisation of women in games but its like as soon as people see a pair of boobs that are not tiny they say that's the same thing going on here.

Sorry, boob size isn't my only issue lol I'd break it down to you but don't know who you are and this response was simple minded and terrible, not worth my time.

Jofer16
08-31-2017, 12:14 AM
Thanks.

And just got an update - Eddie's back :cool:

Eyes do not deceive, Eddie is back! Feel bad for bitching all the time, but if devs have an ear to the ground hopefully that will change, nice to see the swift correction of a terrible decision.

If course is corrected I'll definitely come back, just never been keen to jumping on a ship headed towards the rocks. In the meantime, here's an anthem for the next Eternal grinder :)

https://youtu.be/MDBykpSXsSE

druid138
08-31-2017, 12:21 AM
In the meantime, here's an anthem for the next Eternal grinder :)

https://youtu.be/MDBykpSXsSE

Opeth! One of the best bands ever. And, they are huge Maiden fans. They covered Remember Tomorrow. And, Akerfeldt spent a lot of time talking about Maiden and sampling some of their songs both times I saw them live.

Jofer - you continually display good and diverse musical taste. I still bring up Point of No Return every few days.

Jofer16
08-31-2017, 12:49 AM
Opeth! One of the best bands ever. And, they are huge Maiden fans. They covered Remember Tomorrow. And, Akerfeldt spent a lot of time talking about Maiden and sampling some of their songs both times I saw them live.

Jofer - you continually display good and diverse musical taste. I still bring up Point of No Return every few days.

Ah yes Immortal Technique! Figured I'd try to play for a bit, first skull quest attempt I used you as a trooper, fucking server error, not sure if you got badges :( And that ends my play for the night lol Garbage.

druid138
08-31-2017, 01:03 AM
Figured I'd try to play for a bit, first skull quest attempt I used you as a trooper, fucking server error, not sure if you got badges :(

Thanks, man. I hate to say it, but no badges.

thealchemist
08-31-2017, 03:53 AM
Why have the fragments dried up?? 11 runs for zilch today. I ain't buying more SoT refills when I am only 5 fragments away you greedy buggers. RNG my arse.

Update - make that 13 runs now, still at 0 fragments today. Kari doesnt want to be mine :(

Also just did Fear VII and got a single reward of 12x 3* runes. I'm guessing this is 2 or 3 rewards of 3* runes rather than 1 reward of 12 (as I thought minimum is 2 rewards now from floors vii and above)?

Kardas
08-31-2017, 06:16 AM
Hey Sparton,
I just got a game hang in PVP.
My team was VHE Nomad Wrath GPD, his was VHE Wrath Prisoner GCR

The turn before the hang GCR revived VHE who revived with Fury. My GPD died and then the game hung. Hope this helps

Sparton_LOTB
08-31-2017, 06:32 AM
Hey Sparton,

The turn before the hang GCR revived VHE who revived with Fury. My GPD died and then the game hung. Hope this helps

Hm... yeah, maybe some odd condition of trying to revive when a character thinks it's still trying to revive or something. I'll pass that along as well; thanks for the info.

DaveMurray
08-31-2017, 07:18 AM
Purple hentai lady stuns with basic skill even if the opponent got no buffs to remove.
Also stuns/remove the immunity, i read from Nicko before that this is a counter to her, it is not working.

DaveMurray
08-31-2017, 12:54 PM
PvP fight with Gekai just now.
AoF gave an extra turn to first and second round while he had a toon down and mine were all alive.
Keep up the good work NF.

Nicko
08-31-2017, 01:26 PM
Purple hentai lady stuns with basic skill even if the opponent got no buffs to remove.
Also stuns/remove the immunity, i read from Nicko before that this is a counter to her, it is not working.

Will you track what toons this happens to? I have a theory and want to see if it pans out. I even put in Bengio's defense so I could practice (it kicked my ass a couple times) and think I see a trend.

Sparton_LOTB
08-31-2017, 05:50 PM

Will you track what toons this happens to? I have a theory and want to see if it pans out. I even put in Bengio's defense so I could practice (it kicked my ass a couple times) and think I see a trend.

Definitely let us know which characters + talismans are involved for the character getting stunned when they look like they have no positive status effects. We know that there are some Passive effects in the live game which were misflagged as "positive status effects" instead of "passive", so the single effect removal + stun could trigger off removing those. There may be passives (talisman or character) which we missed.

Sparton_LOTB
08-31-2017, 05:51 PM
Hey Sparton,

Follow up question from our QA; did the Gunner Pharaoh Dog have Immortal Talismans? Did other characters have Immortal Talismans?

Kardas
08-31-2017, 06:19 PM
Follow up question from our QA; did the Gunner Pharaoh Dog have Immortal Talismans? Did other characters have Immortal Talismans?

On my team, Vampire Hunter was the only one with Immortal Talismans. As for my opponent's, their VHE had Immortal Talismans as well. Their Prisoner and GCR definitely did not, and I'm not sure about their Wrath (leaning toward unlikely though)

BonFire
08-31-2017, 08:59 PM
Big question, will the September patch end the endless onslaught of pointless SoT notifications?I'm playing the game and it tell me they've been refilled and it only made it to 9.

Kamuz24z
08-31-2017, 09:21 PM
I noticed that if I steal guard shield the fury generated goes to the other team and the purple Valkyrie stuns even if there are not effects up to 2 toons get stun every time is just crazy is that how she is suppose to be

Sparton_LOTB
08-31-2017, 09:29 PM
Minor server update went out just now. The one change you guys should see is a fix to something thealchemist reported earlier:

Fixed an issue where Garden of Fear, Floors VII and above, would drop some talismans as 2 star talismans instead of 3 star talismans

If you were in the middle of a Brave New World battle, you would have seen a popup asking you to restart to get new game data; rest assured that even if you didn't see the reward popup for your battle, you will have still gotten rewards for it (including the chance for the Valkyrie Fragments).

On my team, Vampire Hunter was the only one with Immortal Talismans. As for my opponent's, their VHE had Immortal Talismans as well. Their Prisoner and GCR definitely did not, and I'm not sure about their Wrath (leaning toward unlikely though)

Thanks, I've let him know your response.

Big question, will the September patch end the endless onslaught of pointless SoT notifications?I'm playing the game and it tell me they've been refilled and it only made it to 9.

I don't think we're aware of people having issues with game notifications. Has this started for you since the update where we released the BNW Souls?

druid138
08-31-2017, 09:34 PM
I don't think we're aware of people having issues with game notifications. Has this started for you since the update where we released the BNW Souls?

This has been an issue for me for a long time - several months.

BonFire
08-31-2017, 10:59 PM

I've been having it for months. I feel like around Shaman or Mystic Eddie's release. I think this last patch has also added more notifications for skull quests. Sometimes 3 notifications at reset. Then another 2 when XP ones are available.

JJJ428
09-01-2017, 12:19 AM
Still getting constant freezes in arena. Other side was vampire hunter, nomad, allied general and wrath. Killed Vampire hunter while frozen he revived with immortality talismans and no life bar. Killed everyone else but he is there stunned but unable to act. Have lost so many battle this week cause of constant immortality talisman freezes. My team is Magnus Corrupt Rescuer, Solider Eddie, Gunner corrupt rescuer, and warrior pyro solider.

Blacksteel
09-01-2017, 12:53 AM
Mark is failing to give the extra turn, this has been happening for a while, any comments Sparton?, most recent occurence was on PVP vs Kamuz, just a few minutes ago.

JJJ428
09-01-2017, 12:57 AM
was it the first turn for vampire hunter, if he got another turn from something else and then cast mark I think it only has 75% chance to extra turn.

Blacksteel
09-01-2017, 01:07 AM
Yes I know what you mean the last update mentioned extra turn chance reduction after first attack on PVP, but I thought this applied only to actions that say % of extra turn, not to the ones that say 'Instantly gain an extra turn' (no %, text makes it look as guaranteed), any comments Sparton/Kaz, can you please clarify?

And by the way Sparton/Kaz this is not important but, I am curious, after one completes a level at which time the loot is decided, the moment the last enemy dies, when it says victory and you receive the ironite/gold/sot or until the click to actually open the chest happens?, I think it's when the character dies but can you tell?, thanks.

JJJ428
09-01-2017, 01:23 AM
I believe Sparton already confirmed this. He said it is a bug though. Its back on page 5 of this thread.

Blacksteel
09-01-2017, 01:31 AM
There is new functionality that is intended to make it so skills and effects which have a chance to grant an extra turn start suffering from diminishing returns (to reduce the chance of getting lucky with 25% chances for, say, 5 turns in a row). However, there appears to be a bug where skills with a guaranteed extra turn also use this decaying chance. This is a bug we thought we had fixed before release (for situations like Warrior/Assassin Child of the Damned's Shadow passive), but it appears the fix did not also work for guaranteed extra turns from skills (such as Vampire Hunter Eddie's Mark).

You can see the rules and decay amounts for extra turn chance in the Character Tuning section of the patch notes (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?8768).

You are right JJJ, Sparton confirmed it's a bug and it shouldn't happen with Marks, Thanks!!!

thealchemist
09-01-2017, 06:14 AM
There's a bug with Magus CotD blizzard shield..

I've been farming/leveling up toons on Children of the Damned today and I have noticed something strange on the 2nd wave with the 2 Magus CotD. If first applies a blizzard shield, then the 2nd also applies a blizzard shield, some of my team is being frozen BEFORE I have attacked the blizzard shield let alone broken it down. Sometimes Eddie visually has a blizzard shield as well. I'm thinking earlier August update where this toon got a buff has caused something (maybe this was always a possibility but didn't occur until 2+ power per turn made it possible?). Here is a snap shot.

90mphyorker
09-01-2017, 07:57 AM
Garden of Dismay Level X just froze on me. Cleared wave 3, start wave 4 and one of thw Corrupt Rescuers is asleep on the floor and then it froze. Bizarre.

scott-5496
09-01-2017, 09:44 AM
Garden of Dismay Level X just froze on me. Cleared wave 3, start wave 4 and one of thw Corrupt Rescuers is asleep on the floor and then it froze. Bizarre.

I am sure that is a known bug. The fix is to kill the Magus Rescuers on wave 3 first and then it should work OK - it did for me anyway.

Good luck!

konstifik
09-01-2017, 09:51 AM

This happens to me several times per day (if I've played) and it's been doing so for many months. I think it might even have been there from the start for me, and I started playing a week or so after the game was first released. Also, it usually gives two notifications at the same time.

Ancient Mariner
09-01-2017, 07:03 PM
Hey what about adding 2 simple buttons (but that would be sooo appreciated) which bring you to the bottom/top of the characters and talismans lists?

Swiping so much everytime you have to browse the talismans and characters is really boring!

Witkacy
09-01-2017, 09:40 PM
This happens to me several times per day (if I've played) and it's been doing so for many months. I think it might even have been there from the start for me, and I started playing a week or so after the game was first released. Also, it usually gives two notifications at the same time.

konstifik :)

I can confirm that - every single notification I get from the game (about skull quests available, sands of time replenished) being doubled up:

1 SQ available - 2 notifications
2 SQs - 4... and so on

And it's been like that since I've began to play - lasting a year by now...

The one and only exception is while I am not playing (logging) after some time has passed by and I am bugging with message ''it's time to speak with the Shaman again...''

Cheers,

W

Blacksteel
09-03-2017, 12:07 AM

Sparton, just for further reference about freeze ocurring with immortal Talismans on PVP .
A Wrath with immortal talisman can also cause this upon resurrection, the team also had a VHE with immortal talisman which was still alive at the time, the rest of the opposing team was gone, this game was vs Demoonchild at 6.54, just in case you check logs.

Enti
09-03-2017, 01:06 AM
konstifik :)

I can confirm that - every single notification I get from the game (about skull quests available, sands of time replenished) being doubled up:

1 SQ available - 2 notifications
2 SQs - 4... and so on

And it's been like that since I've began to play - lasting a year by now...

The one and only exception is while I am not playing (logging) after some time has passed by and I am bugging with message ''it's time to speak with the Shaman again...''

Cheers,

W

At least you guys get notifications - I don't anymore... I would be glad if SoT refill was noted like in the past

JJJ428
09-05-2017, 02:46 AM
I think I have seen some people mention this about characters respawning from immortality talismans with different life bars cause of overflow. I have noticed you can overflow the damage and do a double kill on characters with immortality talismans, is this as intended or another bug?

mjmxiii
09-05-2017, 03:23 AM
I think I have seen some people mention this about characters respawning from immortality talismans with different life bars cause of overflow. I have noticed you can overflow the damage and do a double kill on characters with immortality talismans, is this as intended or another bug?
I've seen this too. What I've started doing is hitting chars with immortality that are close to 0 HP with a big dose of true damage like VHEs "Stake" and notice that they come back really vulnerable and die with any hit, revive to die or just stand there looking real dumb as the rest of the team gets slaughtered.

Score indicates that NF really needs to start knocking some shit out of the park if they wanna win this game... Too many foul balls and looking at the wrong end of a no hitter!

Blacksteel
09-06-2017, 01:08 AM
Just an old classic, the usual freeze after a character resurrects vs Alex @ 08:00 PM CST., let's see if he gets a third win from back to back freezes.
When are you going to fix this NF?.

Blacksteel
09-06-2017, 01:24 AM
Wow and he got a 3rd win, yet another freeze in a row!!!!, 3 losses due to your utter incompetence NF.

NF Stop sitting in your thumbs (which you seem to enjoy) and get your head (or your thumbs) out of your arse and fix this thing.

Sometime ago I was wondering if a team could be put together that was so buggy that just because of this it would be good enough to be not only competitive but almost OP, maybe it's happening, probably it could be ('improved') by throwing in a Yellow Lucy, I don't know don't have the characters but, hey, NF big fails are making it possible.

Blacksteel
09-06-2017, 04:16 AM
And a new bug, VHE mark not applying to characters that have with no immunity, enemy team had assasin valkyrie and pharaoh dog, again w/o immunity and I have screenshots, yet marks won't stick, this shit is just broken
Teams with Assasin valkyrie feature the latest and greatest bugs, these teams alone caused 5 lost matches ALL due to bugs. I can imagine I'm not alone.
Latest reference Blacksteel vs Nicko 11:07 PM CST.

NF you are a joke, do you even like QA or just test live into production?, because it sure looks like it.

thealchemist
09-06-2017, 04:41 AM
And a new bug, VHE mark not applying to characters that have with no immunity, enemy team had assasin valkyrie and pharaoh dog, again w/o immunity and I have screenshots, yet marks won't stick, this shit is just broken
Teams with Assasin valkyrie feature the latest and greatest bugs, these teams alone caused 5 lost matches ALL due to bugs. I can imagine I'm not alone.

NF you are a joke, do you even like QA or just test live into production?, because it sure looks like it.

Assassin Valkyrie's passive gives all allies immunity to mark, doom and curse effects. In this instance it sounds like its actually working like its supposed to...

Nicko
09-06-2017, 04:57 AM

What thealchemist said.

Teams with the purple Valkyrie can be tough if you're relying on VHE. You can't heal with marks due to her passive, and permadeath from her power move can neuter Immortality

With that being said hope those losses were legit!

Blacksteel
09-06-2017, 05:31 AM
Oh well my bad then, thanks for the reply Alchemist, Nicko, the Valkirie is working as intended, still those freezes prior to the mark comment are legit, I guess I was just too frustrated at that point.

slauki
09-06-2017, 06:22 AM
What thealchemist said.

Teams with the purple Valkyrie can be tough if you're relying on VHE. You can't heal with marks due to her passive, and permadeath from her power move can neuter Immortality

With that being said hope those losses were legit!

did someone already mention that she even stuns chars with no beneficials on? seems that gpd passive or prisoners passive are counted as buffs so that they get stunned. right now she is broken as hell, prolly the most broken char in game. and permadeath and healblock for 5 power??? really?

she is out of line. and since no passive prevents from stuns she has no counter. i mean, even the SSD got a counter recently and now we have to wait for weeks or months till enough peolple realize how sick she is before something is done about that. only good thing is that she is very rare but she will get more common every week. like the two wrath defenses that are popping up right now.

sure some chars have to be better but she as 4* is much better than 95-100% of all 5* that's weird ;)

mjmxiii
09-06-2017, 06:41 AM
Hey Slauki, doesn't 3 of the harpys passive prevent from stun taunt or freeze? Harpys are the counter guys. Green Harpy owns that chick... throw in the pris to really defile her and enjoy.

slauki
09-06-2017, 06:52 AM
Hey Slauki, doesn't 3 of the harpys passive prevent from stun taunt or freeze? Harpys are the counter guys. Green Harpy owns that chick... throw in the pris to really defile her and enjoy.

yeah they are immune to stuns for themself but not for others. 3 harpies is not a good solution i feel. the aoe attack will trigger all counters and fill up VHE fury in one turn (if not silenced). then he will do the rest against you. aside that you have no buffremover in case you don't choose good old visions eddie.
btw: harpy will get stunned through explosives which seems weird too.

some passive like "makes team immune to stuns" would do the job. we have some against freezes and taunts but not vs. stunns, i ask myself why lord why.

DaveMurray
09-06-2017, 07:27 AM
yeah they are immune to stuns for themself but not for others. 3 harpies is not a good solution i feel. the aoe attack will trigger all counters and fill up VHE fury in one turn (if not silenced). then he will do the rest against you. aside that you have no buffremover in case you don't choose good old visions eddie.
btw: harpy will get stunned through explosives which seems weird too.

some passive like "makes team immune to stuns" would do the job. we have some against freezes and taunts but not vs. stunns, i ask myself why lord why.

Sorry for destroying your plans slauki but that purple OP hentai toon stuns the unstannable harpiers too..

Nicko
09-06-2017, 12:26 PM
Sorry for destroying your plans slauki but that purple OP hentai toon stuns the unstannable harpiers too..

I use her to attack teams without SSDs and have not seen her stun a harpy (I HAVE seen explosives do that though, but one can argue that's a result of a burn). Not saying it hasn't happened - cause we all know weird things do happen - but from one using her a lot - I haven't seen it.

I won't argue the fact that she's a great toon and the biggest difference maker since Wrath. I do think it's funny that so many chime in on VHE with "don't nerf him - he's too much fun" when he's probably the most overpowered toon in the game (every other Eddie collects dust if you have VHE) yet there is complaining about this Valkyrie. I suspect if she had been around as long as VHE - and hence as common where many people were using her - we may be hearing a different song. Slauki is always the exception - to his credit he often calls for nerfs on toons he has.

My win percentage is showing 99% this week - I've had one loss. That's not right. I'll say it again - we need MORE Purple Valkyrie type toons - not less. More defensive challenges. Or at least buffing other toons enough that we want to use them as much and those with a harder-to-get toon like the purple chick don't have the upper hand.

If that darn AoF was fixed - so that he would retrigger when Red Buzz was killed indirectly - this would be a whole different game...

DaveMurray
09-06-2017, 01:27 PM
I use her to attack teams without SSDs and have not seen her stun a harpy (I HAVE seen explosives do that though, but one can argue that's a result of a burn). Not saying it hasn't happened - cause we all know weird things do happen - but from one using her a lot - I haven't seen it.

I won't argue the fact that she's a great toon and the biggest difference maker since Wrath. I do think it's funny that so many chime in on VHE with "don't nerf him - he's too much fun" when he's probably the most overpowered toon in the game (every other Eddie collects dust if you have VHE) yet there is complaining about this Valkyrie. I suspect if she had been around as long as VHE - and hence as common where many people were using her - we may be hearing a different song. Slauki is always the exception - to his credit he often calls for nerfs on toons he has.

My win percentage is showing 100% this week (statistical - I did have one loss). That's not right. I'll say it again - we need MORE Purple Valkyrie type toons - not less. More defensive challenges. Or at least buffing other toons enough that we want to use them as much and those with a harder-to-get toon like the purple chick don't have the upper hand.

If that darn AoF was fixed - so that he would retrigger when Red Buzz was killed indirectly - this would be a whole different game...

I had green harpy stunned 3 times in 2 battles that i encountered the purple hentai yesterday, 2 times with eddieluck and 1 with alex, once was with immunity on. I wouldn't call that weird but a fact. I don't own that toon so i can't test it on my offence though, defence is a completely different story.

The fact that you compare a simple toon with an Eddie for me is totally wrong, Eddies are supposed to be way more powerful than simple toons, they are Iron Maiden after all, rest toons are supposed to complete them. Offcourse NF messed that too, Eddies are useless, if i could choose 4 toons without an Eddie that would be ideal for me. VHE atm is better than the rest of Eddies and that's it, not a game changer or anything else, they nerfed the rest and buffed him, until they change that people use him cause it's just better. I don't use him on offence but i do use him on defence and i can tell you that without wrath and/or AG he is just meh. Offcourse they accidentally broke the extra turns so count that too.

To concentrate on that purple thing though, a toon that ones the battle starts with a basic move remove all buffs and stuns a whole team is not called OP, it's insane. I remember a few months ago people were crying about Prisoner, i didn't own him back then and i was asking not to nerf him because it simply made things more interesting, compare the pre-nerfed prisoner with that purple thing, i really just laugh that people called prisoner OP. You can also witness her insane opness by just looking at players who use her on their defence, were they used to be and were they are now.

In general i don't like nerfs, it's not a solution but it's the easy way, instead of being more creative and buff toons you nerf the good ones, then many problems occure. But i have to admit that purple thing is out of control and it's killing my fun like SSD does for example, i want to play not watch a fight with my team stunned or taunted until it's over.

Nicko
09-06-2017, 01:40 PM
I had green harpy stunned 3 times in 2 battles that i encountered the purple hentai yesterday, 2 times with eddieluck and 1 with alex, once was with immunity on. I wouldn't call that weird but a fact. I don't own that toon so i can't test it on my offence though, defence is a completely different story.

The fact that you compare a simple toon with an Eddie for me is totally wrong, Eddies are supposed to be way more powerful than simple toons, they are Iron Maiden after all, rest toons are supposed to complete them. Offcourse NF messed that too, Eddies are useless, if i could choose 4 toons without an Eddie that would be ideal for me. VHE atm is better than the rest of Eddies and that's it, not a game changer or anything else, they nerfed the rest and buffed him, until they change that people use him cause it's just better. I don't use him on offence but i do use him on defence and i can tell you that without wrath and/or AG he is just meh. Offcourse they accidentally broke the extra turns so count that too.

To concentrate on that purple thing though, a toon that ones the battle starts with a basic move remove all buffs and stuns a whole team is not called OP, it's insane. I remember a few months ago people were crying about Prisoner, i didn't own him back then and i was asking not to nerf him because it simply made things more interesting, compare the pre-nerfed prisoner with that purple thing, i really just laugh that people called prisoner OP. You can also witness her insane opness by just looking at players who use her on their defence, were they used to be and were they are now.

In general i don't like nerfs, it's not a solution but it's the easy way, instead of being more creative and buff toons you nerf the good ones, then many problems occure. But i have to admit that purple thing is out of control and it's killing my fun like SSD does for example, i want to play not watch a fight with my team stunned or taunted until it's over.

First - well written rebuttal! Enjoyed reading it.

And yes - it's not VHE as much as the VHE/immortal combo that is so deadly. I don't think I've faced the purple chick without him in fact.

Mjmxiii was spot on when he said Harpies SHOULD be the counter - just as the green Valkyrie is the counter to SSDs (I face them with buzz and NBoL and don't sweat them at all). If that's not working it's a bug and needs to be fixed.

Ubajoa
09-06-2017, 02:30 PM
Hey guys, sorry for deviate the subject but I found something interesting that can be useful for some people, it's about the very known bug about the dead MCR in the 4th wave in BNW dungeons. As I stated in another thread it can be skipped by killing the MCR's in wave 3 before the boss, but if you want to kill the boss first to do it faster, you can do it but the final blow must be single target, if the boss is killed by an AOE the bug ocurrs. I hope it helps.

And talking about the purple chick, I see her as a nice toon but totally defeatable, I got a perfect strategy for her teams, I don't own any new toon, since I don't buy any event souls which have been very disappointing to me in the past and from my experience all toons end in my collection sooner or later (see my prisoner :D). I just figured it out with my old roster and I haven't lose a single fight against her or at least a legit fight, I've had a couple of crashes but that doesn't count.

Liebhild
09-06-2017, 02:37 PM
In PVP clairvoyant revived wrath
=> Game freeze
=> SOT lost
=> Points lost

Sparton_LOTB
09-06-2017, 04:54 PM

There are two known issues to keep in mind:

Indirect stunning works against Harpies (such as from Grevious Burn).
Certain passives are incorrectly flagged as positive status effects (which includes certain Talisman passives).

The latter would normally be harmless (or just make things like Visions Eddie and Allied General steals slightly less reliable), but they are a devastating weakness against Astra, Valkyrie Slayer right now. We still need to get initial fixes through QA, but the latter should be fixed for the next store update.

Fresh eyes does wonderful things; a more recent programmer addition to the team was looking into the various fixes to make First Blood work as expected, and the one thing he said should be an easy fix is proccing for indirect kills.

I overheard the discussion more in the context of AoE skills than blocker redirection, but I imagine what he's thinking will work for that scenario too. We'll see when his fix makes it through the QA wringer.