PDA

View Full Version : If there was to be a song...

The Educated fool
08-15-2016, 01:45 AM
... written by Iron Maiden about a character in Legacy of the Beast (a thing about as likely to happen as drawing seventeen thousand 5* Eddies in a row from rare souls--I don't like to exaggerate ;-) ) who would you want it to be?

Based on the staggering number of dog-based characters in the game, should it be one of them? (If it is, I nominate Rocket Dog... it writes itself) The Number of the Dogs? Hmm? Or how about a Meathead? I'm a big fan of those things. Especially the Magus one... the huge, gnarly eyeball... good stuff.

Anyway, just for fun... who would you nominate? Why? Go nuts, and up the Irons!

Kulimar
08-15-2016, 02:07 AM
A song about Eddie himself would be neat.

The Educated fool
08-15-2016, 02:11 AM
Amen, my friend! I've long thought so. Vic Rattlehead got one from Megadeth...

Nekroliun
08-15-2016, 05:38 AM
Ye we never actually got a song about eddie himself, that would be great

The Educated fool
08-17-2016, 08:56 PM
Come on people... no love for any single character in the game? Not even one of the squishy, wee dogs? :cool:

Nekroliun
08-18-2016, 12:03 AM
Maiden should dedicate a song to the newfound hero of the game, the pharaoh sun spirit

BillLion
08-18-2016, 12:07 PM
The Prisoner...oh, wait...

I'd also nominate Eddie. For the game created characters, I'd say the warrior troll. Take a look at him, what happened in life to make him that way. There's got to be a story in there.

Jennie-5128
08-18-2016, 01:32 PM
I'd say the warrior troll. Take a look at him, what happened in life to make him that way. There's got to be a story in there.
Ooooo yes!

Nekroliun
08-19-2016, 12:21 PM
With the new release of the dungs i say either the golden sun, newborn of light or the lord of light, yes the lord of light is mentioned in some songs:

Angels come and angels go
But the lord of light shining below

Iron Maiden - If Eternity Should Fail

Not that much spoken about him, is there any mention of him in any other song that i didnt notice?

OpticSugar
08-19-2016, 12:52 PM
"Little Bomber Boy"
"Desert Rider"
(Pink Floyd already did one about the "Dog of War")

Jennie-5128
08-19-2016, 01:15 PM
Newborn of Light is kind of already mentioned in The Wicker Man:

"You watch the world exploding every single night
Dancing in the sun a newborn in the light
Say goodbye to gravity and say goodbye to death
Hello to eternity and live for every breath!"

Also mentioned in The Wicker Man is The Piper at the Gates of Dawn - the game totally needs one of those.

BillLion
08-19-2016, 02:10 PM
Newborn of Light is kind of already mentioned in The Wicker Man:

"You watch the world exploding every single night
Dancing in the sun a newborn in the light
Say goodbye to gravity and say goodbye to death
Hello to eternity and live for every breath!"

Also mentioned in The Wicker Man is The Piper at the Gates of Dawn - the game totally needs one of those.

True! I bet we'll meet the piper in the "Brave New World" that's being teased next to the time rift dungeon

Bob.A.Smith-6226
08-19-2016, 06:18 PM
What about Running Free?

[Steve Harris and Paul Di'anno]

Just sixteen, a pickup truck, out of money, out of luck.
I've got nowhere to call my own, hit the gas, and here I go.

[Chorus]
I'm running free yeah, I'm running free.
I'm running free yeah, Oh I'm running free.

Spent the night in an L. A. jail, and listened to the sirens wail.
They ain't got a thing on me, I'm running wild, I'm running free.

[Chorus]

Puller here at the Bottle Top, whiskey, dancing, disco hop.
Now all the boys are after me, and that's the way it's gonna be

[Chorus]

The Educated fool
08-20-2016, 12:45 AM
"Little Bomber Boy"
"Desert Rider"
(Pink Floyd already did one about the "Dog of War")

Good ol' Floyd... lol Little Bomber Boy sounds like it would make a fine accompaniment to the alleged Maiden Christmas songs, like Another Rock n' Roll Christmas (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GOulDyAqHo).

Maiden should dedicate a song to the newfound hero of the game, the pharaoh sun spirit

Good idea. He's such a lovable little floating head... rather like the original Eddie, actually! :cool:

I'd say the warrior troll. Take a look at him, what happened in life to make him that way. There's got to be a story in there.

Love it! And, as Dethklok have shown us, trolls are metal AF! (MustaKrakish (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCUnhoe0rpU))

The Educated fool
07-10-2021, 05:29 PM
Bumping this ancient thread, just cuz. Feel free to post your choice(s) in the same spirit! :cool:

Mariner-1212
07-12-2021, 04:59 PM
The Harpies could use a song, maybe on a new sea-inspired album with Mad Shot Murphy?

The Educated fool
07-12-2021, 11:53 PM
The Harpies could use a song, maybe on a new sea-inspired album with Mad Shot Murphy?

Cool idea! I think it would be suitably epic, for sure! :cool: \m/

mannheimes
11-17-2021, 09:33 AM
It's really cool when each character has his own style and own song. Sometimes I play Dota2 and like the way Miran's character says "Crouch" ... I just love it