PDA

View Full Version : Character Fragment Event, featuring EVENT EXCLUSIVE Magus Kari, Valkyrie Siren!

Sparton_LOTB
08-29-2017, 12:09 AM
Destroy the Dragon King for Soul Fragments to earn a guaranteed, EVENT EXCLUSIVE 4* character!

From August 28th, 5pm PDT to August 31st, 5pm PDT, each battle in the Brave New World dungeons has a chance of dropping Valkyrie Soul Fragments. Collect 200 and you can redeem them in the Book of Souls’ Fragments screen for your very own 4* Magus Kari, Valkyrie Siren!

Kari, Valkyrie Siren joins her fellow Valkyries as a new 4* Magus in Legacy of the Beast. She is a magic attacker which softens up defenses, provides healing and Perfect Hit status, and has a passive which makes her team immune to stat decreasing effects.

Normally, when the fragments drop, you’ll earn 5 or 10 fragments, but if you’re lucky, you could earn 50 fragments from one battle! Additionally, you can earn as many Valkyrie Souls as you can collect the fragments for, so feel free to grab some extras for your next big Sacrifice!

WARNING: Getting the character from this event will be extremely difficult! The fragments are rare, and drop most frequently on the highest floor of these difficult dungeons, so make sure you’re maximizing your clear time and success rate!

Finally, we have a few deals available in the store to help with getting and gearing up Kari:

Get a FREE 10 Valkyrie Soul Fragments to start you off!
Grab an additional boost of Valkyrie Soul Fragments if you think you’ll be short before the event ends.
Grab the “Valkyrie Power Up Deal”! This provides ironite to help farm more fragments, a bit of gold, 5* XP Shards, and Skill Shards to power up a new Kari, Valkyrie Siren!
Various talisman packs are also available that work well with a Valkyrie, including the Enduring Talismans and Penetrating Talismans!

Please note that after the conclusion of this event, collecting more Valkyrie Soul Fragments will not be possible, but any extras you have can be converted to Precious Soul Fragments. Additionally, this character is not available in any other souls, so if you miss your chance to recruit Kari, it may be a very long time until you get another chance!

Kari, Valkyrie Siren debuts in Legacy of the Beast today! Check out Kari’s key information below:

SKILLS AND PASSIVES

Inhibit (Passive)
Grants Immunity to Stat Decreasing effects for all allies, which includes: ATK, MAGIC, DEF, MR, POWER, and FURY Decreasing effects.

Fusion (Basic)
Deals 5 hits of magic damage to a single target.
Smites the enemy for 2 turns.
35% Chance to Lower ATK and DEF.
Damage dealt increases based on the enemy's MAX HP.
LV 2/3/5/6 DMG+ 10/15/20/25%
LV 4 Effect Chance +25%

Perfect Healer (Power)
Deals 5 hits of magic damage to all enemies.
Heals all allies.
35% Chance to grant Perfect Hit status to all allies.
LV 2/5 DMG+ 20/25%
LV 3 Healing +15%
LV 4 Effect Chance +15%

TALISMAN SLOTS

3 Open / 3 Magus

RCarter
08-29-2017, 12:19 AM
A chance to drop fragments?

So we can spend 15 SoT, and 5-10 minutes to take out a Dragon King for just a chance at some fragments?

If they drop at the same low rate as previous events, then this leaves a lot to be desired...

Zapathusara
08-29-2017, 12:22 AM
So, pay 1400 ironite if you dare, or skip the event, since refills will be more expensive than the direct deal (and no, BNW loot does not count as bonus for doing this the hard way).

EDIT: didn't saw the "one time only" tag in the fragments in store. Good luck for who will chase this.

JJJ428
08-29-2017, 12:57 AM
Why does this forum have to complain about everything?

RCarter
08-29-2017, 12:58 AM
Well, two out of three runs resulted in a straight up crash, and a button disappearing crash.

The other netted 5 frags.

Fuck this.

I'm out.

Witkacy
08-29-2017, 01:12 AM
Good evenin'/mornin' (*pick your choice*), Sparton :)

As I've read about this fantastic character... One thing dragges me off though... So you're tellin' me she won't be available through Magus souls, being a Magus? Thanks...

Cheers,

W

Silentknight
08-29-2017, 01:30 AM
Take the 10 free, try and farm to 100 & buy remaining 100

Amarthir
08-29-2017, 01:44 AM
So this lady is only going to be available for a few days period. And this event, an event that gives this character away via fragments, is a one time deal, to get a decently skilled sounding character. And you guys had to do it during the period where I have no way of getting into the game? This hurts me honestly. I won't have a new phone for at least a couple of weeks and so I've basically been cockblocked out of a new girlfriend? Idk if I should me more angry at the devs or myself. I suppose I'll just be angry at the both of us.

Thedarkness
08-29-2017, 02:02 AM
6 runs at level 10, 5 fragments, and 80 sot spent. You need to get the pack to even have a chance, and im short on ironite from buying bnw souls. Sounds too rich for me. Good luck to all the whales.

T-Man
08-29-2017, 02:34 AM
This looks to be a daunting task. My very first run gave me a 50 drop in GoL! Wow that's a good sign. Not. Spent about 100 SoT and only got one 5 drop since.

If I happen to get another 50 (what's the odds of that?), I believe I'd just buy the other 100 frags and be done.

This is a rough one. Looks to be quite time consuming and costly. At least it's a guaranteed new toon. I just hope she is worth it.

BG840
08-29-2017, 02:37 AM
To the powers that be: Your decisions regarding the game as of late are WORSE than someone hammered drunk choosing to get behind the wheel and drive!!! Nuff said

JJJ428
08-29-2017, 02:47 AM
Man the devs can't ever win. A hard worthwhile event that gives a good new guarantee character. If you don't want one don't participate in the event I don't see the big deal.

bort
08-29-2017, 02:47 AM
Man the devs can't ever win. A hard worthwhile event that gives a good new guarantee character. If you don't want one don't participate in the event I don't see the big deal.

Because its RNG based and pay-to-win

MrFreeze
08-29-2017, 02:54 AM
I've gone through 199-200 ironite. Basically two full SoT, plus some extra from the daily challenges. I'm down about two hours as well. I'm at 55 fragments after that. I'd have to buy ironite from the store to get those fragments. I don't want to be forced to buy this character, so I'm gonna try to farm it. Sure would have been nice if this was over the weekend. It's gonna be tough with that job thing getting in the way.

JJJ428
08-29-2017, 02:57 AM
We have 3 days to farm this I still don't think its that unattainable.

thealchemist
08-29-2017, 04:00 AM
Hmm seeing how I had to do at least 50 runs to get the Pyro Soldier, that works out to be at least 750 SoT for BNW. And several hours of game play. And thats just to have a chance? Fuck me. Even if I attempt this I think it will be like the immortal event where I just missed out....turning left over fragments into disappointing precious soul fragments isn't much of a consolation prize....at least fix the bugs first before attempting an event like this. But hey who needs common sense?

PS to my troopers, if you dont get trooper badges every day from me over new few days its because I'm attempting this, now I just have to decide if its worth it or not....

DIEDD
08-29-2017, 04:10 AM
I just hope that trooper eddie is not for an event like this, that would be horrible or at least not on BNW.

Rain88
08-29-2017, 04:17 AM
Character fragments events for new characters is a really great direction, unlike "special souls" events. Seems to be a tough one but definitely manageable. I don't understand all the negativity, should the event be "click here to claim your character", with a big arrow pointing to "here"?

Kardas
08-29-2017, 05:13 AM
Sounds interesting. I do hope you've buffed the fragment droprates compared to Lord of Light though to compensate for the far higher Sands of Time cost, time investment and difficulty,
Will give it a shot after work.

Hopefully the character will be useful too. Magus as a class has been rather lacking in PVP, save for GRE and Clairvoyant

ShadowedLies
08-29-2017, 07:35 AM
I get the intention of being geared towards endgame players, but damn make sure its a level that isnt going to crash the majority of the time! 90 SoT and however much time it has taken netted 5 crashes, and 1 successful run. Think I'll sit this one out, but best of luck to those going for it!

Liebhild
08-29-2017, 08:51 AM
Great Idea to run this even in the stablest part of the game.

When will there be the company namechange from NF to Braindead Frog?

MoonShadow
08-29-2017, 10:08 AM
I think that they can make whatever the rules they want and we have the opportunity to choose if we play accordingly or not, then.

That's good.

BUT, if we choose to play accordingly to their rules, we should expect at least a bug-free game from their side.

Today, I've got 3 game freezes, for example. That's 45 SoT down the drain = "x" ironite down the drain = "x" money down the drain.

That's not good.

Patrice-1201
08-29-2017, 10:21 AM
Got her after 3 refills and buying the fragments ;-)

JJJ428
08-29-2017, 10:44 AM
Now the question is, is she worth the effort?

satani
08-29-2017, 11:13 AM
i'm a player since day 1 and this will be the first time, i'm skipping a character event. (well, not really, skipped sentinel pyro and magus child as well)
It's not because of time or the character being bad, it's because it's nearly impossible to get her for me.

I've spent all my ironite on the BNW souls, just to get nothing, so i'm unable and not willing to buy refills. the easiest dungeon (plus, fastest due to heavy SOT requirement) is GoL iV.
Got 5 and 10 fragments on my first run.

Maybe the luck of the draw was not on my side. Previous events i always got at least 2 out of the 4 (or whatever) new characters introduced in the event. This time i got nothing! (like i wrote before: ~90 BNW souls spent: only 2 5* eddies, 1 good 5* - assassin COTD and 3 rescuers, yet no valkyre.)

thealchemist
08-29-2017, 11:14 AM
Now the question is, is she worth the effort?

I sure hope so, the description of her being a multiple hitter (most of my best toons are single hitters) is what I find most appealing, especially as its a requirement in BNW. I'm hoping she might help me progess through and finally beat GoD.

URock
08-29-2017, 11:36 AM
I don't got enough time to play the whole day, so I won't get Kari.

I don't got enough Ironite to buy fragments, because of the BNW Event and buying BNW-Souls in the shop.

Even if I get her, I don't got enough skill shards and materials to max her out.

Even if I got enough materials to max her out, I don't got enough time to play the whole day PVP.

So...I'm not very sad or happy about this event...frustrating and boring game with a lot of bugs inside...

MrFreeze
08-29-2017, 12:05 PM
Well, my sands of time this morning got me 10 fragments. I was feeling optimistic before that. Gonna try to auto VII at work if I can find the time. Running troopers like this is harsh. Why again does BNW have to cost 15 SoT when we only have 80?

No time for pvp, off to work. Good luck to those going for it!

PerthEddie
08-29-2017, 12:18 PM
Hmm not sure I am going to carry on with this. Just done 2 runs at GoF VII and 1 run at GoL VII and got 20 fragments. Thing is I had to revive on all 3 runs so I am 120 Ironite down (obviously using the wrong team!!). At that rate it will cost me a lot of Ironite. Is it just me or has this event made the game pay to win today? Sad day in the game's history if that is what has happened :(

Probably not the right thread to ask this but what is a good team for GoF to try and get through it easier?

Liebhild
08-29-2017, 12:46 PM
I remember that Sparton wrote costs for BNW are so high, so that we don't play 24h.

And then this event. LOL. Oh god, let some brain rain.

Witkacy
08-29-2017, 01:41 PM
Character fragments events for new characters is a really great direction, unlike "special souls" events. Seems to be a tough one but definitely manageable. I don't understand all the negativity, should the event be "click here to claim your character", with a big arrow pointing to "here"?

Rain :)

So, now we going exclusive, huh? That's pretty fantastic! Pitty though that all the bugs and crashes are NOT being so exclusive, but commonly present everywhere, everytime in a massive scale hasn't seen before (see screenshot below - one of MANY I've encountered lately)...

Definitely manageable? For whom if I may ask?

As I am very short of IRS lately (blew hundereds of them for so called ''higher chances'' of getting certain characters and ended with nothing except bad taste left in my mouth)... It rather should be called ''let's WASTE all the ironities you people have, for might be buying more of them later and continue the fun''... I've tried to get some fragments at lower stages (GOL VI to be precise) as they are cheaper and less time consuming... So did couple of runs till I used all my IRS - and the gains were ''0'' (null) everytime! So now I am wondering if certain levels are ''blocked'' of getting fragments? It seems so...

There shouldn't be an event like that as you've said like ''click here'' but everything is pointed towards the fact to spend the most ca$h and supplies in the shortest amount of time possible - that's why it is called ''exclusive''... Where are the times gone of events lasting at least a week? Now it's for three days... What will be next? 1 day for ''hardcore players'' surely having enough fat wallets come to the rescue in case of something may go wrong and been throwing a lifeline at the store? Or ''ultimate exclusive'' event lasting couple of hours maybe? Why ever not? Let's have fun (at least some)...
So putting some characters into the store with adequately high price tag would be simply more fair as we are pretty close to that now - already you can buy 1/2 of character... Leaving all this ''free'' bullshits behind... Some day I've written here somewhere that we've been treatening like ''walking wallets'' - nothing has changed since that, and sad to say it's lookin' even worse... More ''bargains'', so called ''events'', ''cheap deals''... That's a pitty... Sure thing I wasn't born yesterday and I fully understand and accept that the game even if it's mistakenly called ''free'' was created just to make profits... All right - fine... But somehow's is NOT good and not FAIR if only one side has to have benefits of these investments... Let's face some facts here... The VAST majoirty of us, the players ARE playing DAILY - yes or no? So, why we are rewarded just for 24 days per month of play? I find it greedy... Lack of ideas of possible rewards? How about Legendary Soul been given once a month? It would be very nice and motivating even if it would end as a dupe... But nah, what I dare to expect? It's too ''exclusive'' for a daily reward, right devs? So maybe some ''bug immune talismans''?

Back to the ''event'' though... First run of GOF today, stage VII - buttons disappeared in some part of play... DEFEAT... 15 SoTs WASTED... So how can I stay positive... I do believe I am not gonna make it this way, even if decide to buy some SoTs refills... For what? To encounter even more crashes and God knows what else, but certainly not desired fragments?
After dozens of runs since yesterday's night - up to now I've scored 10 frags while game allowed me to play the battle to the end... With the store's free another 10 - it's 20... Somebody please tell me honestly if it's possible to get missing 180 just farming during 3 days apart of crashing and all that stuff happening while the game not helping me at all?

If any might be thought of bashing me how ungrateful son of a bitch I am - I will say that I am like that cause if supported the devs MANY times with my hard earned money and what I am getting in return? Pitty that they are WASTING them making no improvements in game stability, but inventing all new crashes and so bugs... I guess it's time to finish this ''genuinely fine breaking nerves'' event...

I'd better take a step back and leave this exclusive rat race...

Happy hunting for everyone else...

Promised screenshot...

P.S. Enti - Sorry... No badges for you today... Your champ is very cool... Pity she can't prevent the game from crashing, though...

Have a nice afternoon everyone :)

Cheers,

W

thealchemist
08-29-2017, 02:03 PM
Probably not the right thread to ask this but what is a good team for GoF to try and get through it easier?

I usually take an exclusive Magus team - GRE, Clairvoyant, PDK and MCR or I replace one of the latter two with a warrior Golden Son for its 3 hits to help break down the boss' shields. I also used troopers AoF to help do the same thing. Only my PDK and GS are unsharded though, rest are fully sharded. I don't have to worry about revives but it is still quite time consuming.

Mariner-1212
08-29-2017, 03:08 PM
I just got her, and it wasn't nearly as difficult as I initially thought. I autofarmed last night with 2 SOT refills, and again this morning with 2 refills and got her (so 120 ironite which is not bad at all). I farmed GoD 7 and GoF 7. Pulled two 50-frag packs in GoD 7 this morning. Got a bunch of runes, gold (which I somehow need now), and talismans in the process.

End game players should love this event because we were bored with the lower-level toons like green pyro which we've sacrificed 10 times already. Lower-level players will say it's unfair because it requires powered up toons to do it. But they should remember that for those that have played this and have 95% of the toons (some have 100%), and that suffer through those lower-level events, this is the one for us. We're getting bored, and this gives us something.

NF will never be able to please everyone, but I think this event was a long time coming for the higher players. So thanks for that. I feel sorry for is Amarthir since his phone is down, but the rest of us should be able to bang through this pretty easily.

surfingwithdje
08-29-2017, 03:36 PM
hi sparton/kaz! Can you explain how works her passive please?
Is the full team immune to the corrupt general skills for example ? Skills who reduce mr, or his other skill who drain fury ?
Also immune to power and fury stealing ?

Thank you!

BonFire
08-29-2017, 03:52 PM
I don't nearly have enough ironite for this. I shouldn't have bought those 10 BNW souls.

riddickrcr
08-29-2017, 03:53 PM
Would you believe it, it only took me 60 ironites and a whole lot of luck! Garden of life, farmed level 5 constantly, and it granted me 3 x 50 fragments, the rest was 5-10 drop (same level) and voila, got her :D :D :D

Rodrigo-3281
08-29-2017, 05:15 PM
I was able to get her last night. I stuck to farming Level 8 and I was able to get 100 fragments with 3 refills. I decided to get the remaining 100 via the store. I'm just powering her up now but she's great pairing her up with a magus Eddie or other magus characters as her normal attack applies Smite, which increases magic damage taken by 100%.

Kardas
08-29-2017, 06:17 PM
Hey Sparton this is a minor detail but didn't the event begin on the 28th and not the 27th of August?
It always looks as if you guys start an event a day late from my timezone, and it's the 29th here.

As such, is the end date of the event still on the 31st of August? Or will it get moved to September 1?

Sparton_LOTB
08-29-2017, 06:46 PM
hi sparton/kaz! Can you explain how works her passive please?
Is the full team immune to the corrupt general skills for example ? Skills who reduce mr, or his other skill who drain fury ?
Also immune to power and fury stealing ?

It works against the Corrupt General's basic attack's MR Down.

It partially works against the Corrupt General's power skill's draining of Fury. Your team is protected from Fury being stolen from you, but the opposing team will gain Fury as though they did steal. Similar idea for effects that try to steal Power.

It would also work against something like an Assassin Corrupt Rescuer's power skill (which tries to reduce power to 0 and place a Lower Power Generation negative status effect, which are both things that Kari's passive would prevent).

Hey Sparton this is a minor detail but didn't the event begin on the 28th and not the 27th of August?
It always looks as if you guys start an event a day late from my timezone, and it's the 29th here.

Whoops, I goofed the start date, yeah. The start date was August 28th at 5 PM PT, and that was the intended date. I've edited the initial post accordingly.

The expected event end is still August 31st, 5 PM PT (which sounds like it will be Sept 1st for your time zone).

MrFreeze
08-29-2017, 08:14 PM
Been autoing fear and life VII all day at work when I can. Refilled at least twice so far. I've gotten 5 fragments to show for it. I'm not complaining about the drop rates, I'm complaining about the cost of BNW...again. I'll be out of my remaining 300 ironite before I hit 100 frags at this rate. For reference, I had somewhere around 2000 when BNW was released. All spent on BNW over the last couple weeks. All gone. Well screw running VII on auto. Back to X once the work day is over.

Please lower the cost of BNW. I'm not buying ironite just to play the game.

Mercifal
08-29-2017, 10:22 PM
Been autoing fear and life VII all day at work when I can. Refilled at least twice so far. I've gotten 5 fragments to show for it.

Same here. I've been doing some gardens on VII and by far I got same ammount of fragments, which is 5. I'd slightly complain about drop rates, but I guess it's RNJesus who hates me lately. :D

Bradata
08-29-2017, 10:31 PM
Higher levels have better chances, try VIII and up if you can. Once I even got 50 fragments from level VIII.

Rain88
08-29-2017, 11:56 PM
Rain :)

So, now we going exclusive, huh? That's pretty fantastic! Pitty though that all the bugs and crashes are NOT being so exclusive, but commonly present everywhere, everytime in a massive scale hasn't seen before (see screenshot below - one of MANY I've encountered lately)...

Definitely manageable? For whom if I may ask?

As I am very short of IRS lately (blew hundereds of them for so called ''higher chances'' of getting certain characters and ended with nothing except bad taste left in my mouth)... It rather should be called ''let's WASTE all the ironities you people have, for might be buying more of them later and continue the fun''... I've tried to get some fragments at lower stages (GOL VI to be precise) as they are cheaper and less time consuming... So did couple of runs till I used all my IRS - and the gains were ''0'' (null) everytime! So now I am wondering if certain levels are ''blocked'' of getting fragments? It seems so...

There shouldn't be an event like that as you've said like ''click here'' but everything is pointed towards the fact to spend the most ca$h and supplies in the shortest amount of time possible - that's why it is called ''exclusive''... Where are the times gone of events lasting at least a week? Now it's for three days... What will be next? 1 day for ''hardcore players'' surely having enough fat wallets come to the rescue in case of something may go wrong and been throwing a lifeline at the store? Or ''ultimate exclusive'' event lasting couple of hours maybe? Why ever not? Let's have fun (at least some)...
So putting some characters into the store with adequately high price tag would be simply more fair as we are pretty close to that now - already you can buy 1/2 of character... Leaving all this ''free'' bullshits behind... Some day I've written here somewhere that we've been treatening like ''walking wallets'' - nothing has changed since that, and sad to say it's lookin' even worse... More ''bargains'', so called ''events'', ''cheap deals''... That's a pitty... Sure thing I wasn't born yesterday and I fully understand and accept that the game even if it's mistakenly called ''free'' was created just to make profits... All right - fine... But somehow's is NOT good and not FAIR if only one side has to have benefits of these investments... Let's face some facts here... The VAST majoirty of us, the players ARE playing DAILY - yes or no? So, why we are rewarded just for 24 days per month of play? I find it greedy... Lack of ideas of possible rewards? How about Legendary Soul been given once a month? It would be very nice and motivating even if it would end as a dupe... But nah, what I dare to expect? It's too ''exclusive'' for a daily reward, right devs? So maybe some ''bug immune talismans''?

Back to the ''event'' though... First run of GOF today, stage VII - buttons disappeared in some part of play... DEFEAT... 15 SoTs WASTED... So how can I stay positive... I do believe I am not gonna make it this way, even if decide to buy some SoTs refills... For what? To encounter even more crashes and God knows what else, but certainly not desired fragments?
After dozens of runs since yesterday's night - up to now I've scored 10 frags while game allowed me to play the battle to the end... With the store's free another 10 - it's 20... Somebody please tell me honestly if it's possible to get missing 180 just farming during 3 days apart of crashing and all that stuff happening while the game not helping me at all?

If any might be thought of bashing me how ungrateful son of a bitch I am - I will say that I am like that cause if supported the devs MANY times with my hard earned money and what I am getting in return? Pitty that they are WASTING them making no improvements in game stability, but inventing all new crashes and so bugs... I guess it's time to finish this ''genuinely fine breaking nerves'' event...

I'd better take a step back and leave this exclusive rat race...

Happy hunting for everyone else...

Promised screenshot...

P.S. Enti - Sorry... No badges for you today... Your champ is very cool... Pity she can't prevent the game from crashing, though...

Have a nice afternoon everyone :)

Cheers,

W

Wow... I think you misunderstood my post. I agree with pretty much everything you said. All what i was trying to say is that character fragments (for a good character) is way better than special souls (I stopped buying those a while ago). I wish they could just create a premium membership or something like that (I'm more than happy to subscribe) instead of the current system that directly target the wallet (it's understandable but to some extent).

This event is manageable (at least for me as I didn't waste my ironite on the "special" souls) in comparison with trying to get something out of a soul. You can refill 3 times the sand of time (that's 16 attempts) for the price of 1 brave new world.

I used to be pissed about the drops and the whole cash crab, but imo the best thing to do is to expect nothing (if a soul gives you the wicker man, burn it and make a bbq out of it) and don't waste real money (there is absolutely no difference between the current game system and gambling, I stopped wasting my money a while ago)

slauki
08-29-2017, 11:56 PM
results for today 27 runs exclusive on level X gave me 90 frags. from what i read and hear that is in a normal range. so two refills gave me half of the valkyrie. (and don't forget the regular BNW loot in addition to this).

well yeah it took a lot of time to grind on X but it was fun as hell. not one single crash or something annoying. maybe emolators work much better than phones?

i really like the event and since we can get a new and somewhat exclusive char it's worth the grind and all the effort, so personally i cannot see a reason to complain.

but ofc, when the game is crushing all the time or you suffer from button disappearing i can understand the frustration.

all in all i think this is a very fine event.

MrFreeze
08-30-2017, 12:09 AM
I do like that it's an event for a new and exclusive character. My earlier complaining was due more to frustration than anything. I must be on the low side of the rng. I'm at 100 frags finally with about 5-6 refills. Most on X except for the auto farming at work. It should be doable. If I don't get another 100 frags before Thursday evening, I'll probably be complaining again:rolleyes:

thealchemist
08-30-2017, 12:39 AM
I just wanted to say thanks for listening to the fans and putting Eddie back as the app logo!

Also Ive had more luck on floor VII in GoF than floor VIII so a higher floor is no guarantee of more fragments. I think its more about SoT cost and a lot of luck...if I didnt get a drop of 50 fragments I would have quit after first use of 80 SoT.

JJJ428
08-30-2017, 01:00 AM
Juat got my 200 and not one 50 frag loot. But got tons of talismans I wanted. Also got one of the best worst roles ever. I actually got 3 talismans to drop but two were skilled. :) I think this event was worth it and don't why so many people complained in the beginning rare characters like this should be hard to get.

BG840
08-30-2017, 01:11 AM
Multiple runs various dungeons ix and x I have yet to see a frag drop! Y'all think you're sneaky but I'm onto ya, this is the only way you could get us to play bnw. Lick some nuts nf

thealchemist
08-30-2017, 01:33 AM
I just borrowed Mariner's Kari. Not sure if its useful for PVP but it should help for farming of BNW, at least GoF and possibly GoD with its 5 hits of magic. Helps break down those shield much quicker, especially if you don't have many other toons that are multiple hitters like me.

On a side note, we are meant to be getting 2* Iron and Strength talismans from floors VII and VIII in GoF? Why aren't they 3* like the strike, thorn and explosive that I have also gotten from these floors?

Sparton_LOTB
08-30-2017, 05:00 AM
On a side note, we are meant to be getting 2* Iron and Strength talismans from floors VII and VIII in GoF? Why aren't they 3* like the strike, thorn and explosive that I have also gotten from these floors?

No, 2 star is not intended on floors VII and above. That was a data error on my part. My apologies.

I think I saw you post about that in another thread, so I prepared the fix for a server deploy we're doing later this week (getting event data ready for events later in September). Once that's live, it'll be like the other BNW dungeons (where only 3 star talismans drop on floors VII and above).

Thedarkness
08-30-2017, 05:46 AM
If you guys are struggling try GoF level 6 on auto. Gets pretty tegular 5-10 fragments every 3rd run and youll hit some 50s every now and then

Kris-0707
08-30-2017, 07:19 AM
3 hours farming GoF IX and I got 40 fragments, 2 echo and 1 strike talisman .... awesome event

thealchemist
08-30-2017, 07:28 AM
No, 2 star is not intended on floors VII and above. That was a data error on my part. My apologies.

I think I saw you post about that in another thread, so I prepared the fix for a server deploy we're doing later this week (getting event data ready for events later in September). Once that's live, it'll be like the other BNW dungeons (where only 3 star talismans drop on floors VII and above).

Yeah probably the fragment drop thread...ok nice that there will be a fix fairly soon, thanks for the response.

MoonShadow
08-30-2017, 12:31 PM
All right, after two days of madness through the dungeons, I made it, I managed to get those darn 200 fragments for the Magus Valkyrie. it was a hard ride, but at least I've got the toon I've wanted and not some corrupt cultist as always.

Hope she'll be worthy of the effort, just tried her unsharded in GoF IX & X and she performed pretty well, but I'd like to try with her on auto-play, sometime, as right now I'm quite short on SoT... :)

Also, I managed to finish the last unfinished dungeon, GoD X and, for my surprise -> got 0 (zero!) game freezes today, and I've did various levels from the three dungeons, from IV to X. But, I didn't re-played a level more than twice, just jumped to next level and returned at a previous level, so playing randomly might helped me to escape the curse of the frozen... frog.

Andrew-4345
08-30-2017, 12:38 PM
Got her yesterday, levelled her up to 100 today and....that was a waste of time!

Hits like a wet tissue, heals not that great, the passive is nice but outside of PVE you don't see these negative effects used enough to make her useful. Smite is good if you've got a powerful GRE to follow her up but that seems like too much setup to make her versatile.

Maybe I've not got the right talisman setup on her yet (went with endure and penetrating with a token green for health as she is very delicate) so I'll toy with her a bit more but first impressions are far from good.

And in all the grinding across the BNW to get her....4 refills, plus waiting all day to grab the odd run here and there...1 TALISMAN ONLY!!! Played VII AND VIII all day across Fear Life and Dismay too.

Heavy1974
08-30-2017, 02:22 PM
just made it. was suspicious at first too cause of the SOT cost and the time but got mine mainly from autofarming Garden of Life 4-6.
So i can`t complain there.
Hope she is good.

Witkacy
08-30-2017, 04:09 PM
Afternoon all :)

Well... Opposite to what have said before decided to entertain myself a bit chasing a blue chick... The game is totally unpredictable regarding of this what may have happen though... Some things looks familiar to me as quite old stuff, yet I managed to encounter some new ''gems''...

Dragon King defeated everyone seems to be alive and well - more or less - yet no chest popped out...

I don't know how this happened - went for coffee - while back looked at my tablet and saw what's above... What can I say? Thank you very much, NF! You guys not messin' around - all the time something new and excited...

Cheers,

W

Witkacy
08-30-2017, 08:25 PM
Hi, Sparton :)

This time I skip posting another screenshots of ''stuff happening'' in your game... Pitty that even no automate response was pulled out as the sign that somebody of you cares:

I've passed that along to the QA team to investigate. Thanks for the info.

Yes, sometimes being harsh and ironic - try to laugh just everything off - yet - believe me - I am NOT in a mood to laugh...

Out of curiosity though I've checked one thing: how much is ''worth'' your exclusive new character Kari:

Sure thing - she's not completed yet - though I am full of doubts if I can manage with that costs of play and droprates...

Yet IF I would like to ''exchange'' it (even being dupe) yet she's clearly not... Why the ratio 5:1? How about 1:1?

Greedy again guys? So questions to you: ''Why the fragments of her being such hardly available as you make her that cheap (as premium character) while goes for ''exchanging''?

And how about conversion the other way? I would gladly convert some useless precious souls fragments - for the fragments of toon at this rate... Sounds fair?

Why I have the feeling that been cheated at every step with every possible ways?

I can honestly tell that I would stop playing your game if it's not been about helping my great fellow Maiden troopers, the fantastic community here, fans all over the world and the most of it all that I am loyal to the greatest band on the planet - which I proudly support for 36 years now... Question is: if you dear devs will carry on that long to support you as well? I guess you're NOT - cause sad to say - you're not matching Maiden standards with everything: quality, prices etc.
I am more and more disappointed as the time flies by... With waiting for a new content, improving the game stability, fixing bugs and making the game more user friendly - with such outrageous costs of play at the new worlds - it is not user friendly at all... Not saying about reviving... I wonder what the cost will be in ''Night City'' or ''Silent Planet''... 20 SoTs per hardest stages and 100 per reviving? They SHOULD BE... You have to make progress, right? I accept that you guys have to earn bucks somehow - but c'mon... Not that way...

PLEASE start to respect and appreciate all the fans who are struggling with your game daily and finally fix your product which is very far from the best... Totally opposite to some heavy metal band... As for now:

Guys above... YES!

Guys below... NO!

Cheers,

W

Witkacy
08-30-2017, 08:28 PM
Something went wrong with the att:

Once more:

kkkreg5
08-30-2017, 09:18 PM
I was totally surprised by this outcome:

I decided this morning to see what I'd get and after 4 refills on GoF V in 6 hours with an hour break...
205 fragments! 3 50 frag drops!! I am not this lucky!!!

Conspiracy theories abound indeed! Watch out, Big Brother IS watching...

MrFreeze
08-30-2017, 10:12 PM
Something went wrong with the att:

Once more:

Oh man, I hope you didn't go through with that conversion. At 130 I'd say you'll make it to 200 by tomorrow reset no problem. I got mine today. I had to refill a lot more than some people did, but it wasn't as bad as it originally seemed.

To NF,
I'd actually like to apologize to you guys for talking trash on this event. It's pretty much what a lot of us endgamers have been asking for. I jumped to conclusions at first and assumed it was going to be near impossible without buying the 100 frags from the store. I was wrong. Thanks for a fun event.

PS. I stand by my opinion that BNW should be cheaper.

slauki
08-30-2017, 10:37 PM
I was totally surprised by this outcome:

I decided this morning to see what I'd get and after 4 refills on GoF V in 6 hours with an hour break...
205 fragments! 3 50 frag drops!! I am not this lucky!!!

Conspiracy theories abound indeed! Watch out, Big Brother IS watching...

well man: 53 times level X gave me 190 frags, so i was able to claim kari. took me 4 lousy refills, so not really that much.
but i had to invest some real time too ofc, that was more of the hard part.

but all in all i enjoyed playing this it was quite fun and we could get a new char by doing that.

i just hope the future fragment events with somewhat trashy chars like blue COTD won't be farmable in BNW otherwise i doubt, that many will push that hard for it. i think fragments in BNW should be reserved for some 5* chars or some new chars from time to time.

curious to see other events soon. they really spice up the daily grind and they are very welcome.

BonFire
08-31-2017, 07:00 AM
Countless tries, 5 crashes, 5 revives, and I have 30 shards to show for it. 10 are the free ones.

Witkacy
08-31-2017, 01:09 PM
Oh man, I hope you didn't go through with that conversion. At 130 I'd say you'll make it to 200 by tomorrow reset no problem. I got mine today. I had to refill a lot more than some people did, but it wasn't as bad as it originally seemed.

To NF,
I'd actually like to apologize to you guys for talking trash on this event. It's pretty much what a lot of us endgamers have been asking for. I jumped to conclusions at first and assumed it was going to be near impossible without buying the 100 frags from the store. I was wrong. Thanks for a fun event.

PS. I stand by my opinion that BNW should be cheaper.

Freeze :)

I wish I could be such an optimist like you... Nevertheless thanks for support, appreciate it, man... Of course that I didn't... How the situation looks as for today - now: Missed some Skull Quests to save Sands Of Time - did only those which could be helpful with gaining more ironities... So I've managed to get enough for 1 refill - along with a free ride (160 Sots) - I've got 10 Fragments - So... Now (adding yesterday's income) I have them total - 170... Still 30 behind - as for these drops and play costs - NOT possible I would say... I bought a lot of refills lately - due to wasting ironities on souls - like stupid...

Part of it was used to replenish runs with all my troopers - as it always has top priority - all events being just side quests...
Now all this left is 9 ironities in my pocket - there won't be another shopping for refills - so now I have to wait for the time been replenished - and try another ride...
With some troopers, whose champs are not Eddies already dealt in Secret Locations, the others I took for a ride to the Gardens...

@ Troopers:

So the rest of you, my dear Troopers have to wait a bit - If I am not gonna make it today - due to crashes/lack of supplies - sorry... Tomorrow back to farming ''Powerslave'' to cut some costs - and give some badges though ;)

@ Devs:

Care to see another screenshots? I've just lost count have many times the game crashed lately - and I've lost: time/trooper badges/rewards - some time after the reset I DO getting them, but not always, BTW, and SoTs - you dare to set as high for playing this Grave New World... (it is never been good, but since BNW came out - it is BEYOND any limits) - all this it's just a prove of not to pay you anything - cause you simply NOT deserving - rather you should pay ME - that I am still wasting my time upon your miserable crafted game...

GCR was stunned by WCD at the very first stage of the level - it had to hurt really bad cause at the final stage she's still look like stunned despite she's not...

Made today... This is embarrassing really... How long will it last?

Cheers,

W

T-Man
08-31-2017, 01:36 PM
Hey W try GoL level 4. I had good consistent drops there including a 50. Cost only 10 SoT. Didn't find any better drops on higher levels. Also, don't forget to use sacrifice for SoT and ironite. If you have the spare toons that is. Good luck.

PerthEddie
08-31-2017, 03:36 PM
Hey W try GoL level 4. I had good consistent drops there including a 50. Cost only 10 SoT. Didn't find any better drops on higher levels. Also, don't forget to use sacrifice for SoT and ironite. If you have the spare toons that is. Good luck.

Just to add that I got a 50 drop on GoL 4 earlier today. I got a 50 yesterday as well from GoF 5 or 6 (can't remember which)

Blacksteel
08-31-2017, 05:45 PM
Well, finally got her, it 'only' took ~720 SoT.
Largest fragment drop was a measly 10, and the lower 5-6 dungeons ended up giving fragments more often than the level 10's, the last 3 battles were on a level 4, got tired of top levels giving sh*t and low on SoT, got the last 5 fragments there.
Only 2 decent talismans after this and a third one was skilled, meh, lots of 3* evo runes got a 15 pack once.
So a breakdown about the SoT used:
720 SoT can buy 90 tries for a level 1-2, I didn't go thru any 1-2.
720 SoT => 72 tries level 3-4, ran ~3 of these got 5 frags = 1.666 frags, per run.
720 SoT => 60 tries level 5-6, ran ~30 got about 120 frags here = 4 frags per run.
720 SoT => 48 tries level 7-10, ran ~20 got 65 frags = 3.25 frags per run.
Now the sample size is small and RNG can be merciless, had a 14 streak with 0 fragments won, so take this with a grain of salt.
Anyway, since there is chance of a 50 drop, kinda makes me think that it could be better to complete the quest by running lower level dungeons, plus you save lots of time as some can be finished in a couple of minutes.

Witkacy, that's a great pic!, http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3640&d=1504123508

Witkacy
08-31-2017, 07:20 PM

Just to add that I got a 50 drop on GoL 4 earlier today. I got a 50 yesterday as well from GoF 5 or 6 (can't remember which)

Evening, lads :)

Well... Still don't have her - 195/200... Thanks for great advices guys... T - sure I thought of the same - sacrificed some worse Eddies (SoL + Storm) and Assassin Troll - just to got a load of Evo Shards and Evo Runes... I checked that I CAN buy gold paying ironities, and why I can't be vice versa? Buy ironities paying gold which I have over 14M, BTW... And that pile of gold is no useful to me by any means... Or why I can't pay by gold for refills when needed? Sure I know why I can't... I earn more, that spending - that's great! Yet when it comes for real shopings - only ironities and ca$h matters... Why? That's what I wrote about the game not being user friendly...

Waiting for another refill... Question is if I can manage, 'cause the sands of time for me are running low...

Cheers,

W

RobG-9641
08-31-2017, 08:06 PM
I liked this event. I got 100 ironite from Arena, will get another 100 this weekend. Spent less than 200 ironite on event. Talisman power up pack costs 625 ironite, again, spent a lot less on event. But, I got a lot of runes to level up a few talismans to 50, some new talismans and a new character. Can't complain.

Kris-0707
08-31-2017, 08:21 PM
Finally got her, bought 100 pack, didn't want to waste my time getting just runes playing tier IX-X
I was short of 10 fragments, had SoT just for tier VI, so pressed autoplay, went for a ciggy outside, came back >>> Victory >>> 50 fragments LOL. Where is the logic in that game?

BonFire
08-31-2017, 08:26 PM
Bugger. Got a 50 soul fragment at the tail end of 100. I ain't wasting Ironite hoping to make that last 65 before 5. I'll just buy the 100.

Kardas
08-31-2017, 08:32 PM
47 runs, and 4 Ironite refills later, I get my Valkyrie Siren. Evidently my first day was great (110 frags + 10 free), with a crappier second day (60 frags), and 20 today on free SoT.

All in all, the event's not so bad. Sure, the droprates are low compared to LoL dungeons if you compare Sands of Time cost, so only the luckiest people can get this Valkyrie without buying refills. The fragment drops also spice up the rather lackluster Talisman drops, which is good.

On the other hand, I'll be happy going back to autofarming after this. I've farmed Garden of Fear 8 & 9 for two weeks straight now and it's beginning to come out of my nose. Even Garden of Life, which I farmed during this event, I'm getting a little sick of.

Conclusion: the only thing this event really tests is your endurance. Those 100 frags for 750 Ironite start looking really appealing once you're 40 fights in.
Still, it was fun for a bit, even if I wouldn't really want this every month. Maybe every two months or so. Or with slightly nicer BNW frag droprates.

iPoop
08-31-2017, 11:02 PM
I liked the event. It took some work but it payed off for me much better than all those BNW souls did! :rolleyes:

Silentknight
08-31-2017, 11:11 PM
Approx. 20 runs of GoF X 2 get 190 frags. 2 50's. Plus 2 strike, 1 echo, thorn & explosive talisman. Tyvm! Zero SoT purchased & all troopers done!

bort
09-01-2017, 12:00 AM
Refilled three times and managed to pull her. 5-10 shards every handful of runs were able to supplement the one 50 I found.

Not too shabby.

thealchemist
09-01-2017, 12:07 AM
On recap my experience was similar to Kardas. About 50 runs and 5 SoT refills - 125 fragments after first day including a drop of 50 (those 50 were crucial in the end), 70 more the next day and it took 15 runs get the last 5 fragments!!! on the last day. Big test of endurance and PATIENCE. I dont want to look at BNW again for some time, especially Fear. I do have enough red talismans and runes to keep me going for awhile....but I'd either increase drop rates or forget the drop of 5 fragments and stick with 10s and 50s for the next BNW fragment event if there ever is one...now after all that I hope this Kari can help me complete GoD...probably not though.

Witkacy
09-01-2017, 12:51 AM
Evening all :)

So... This is it? End of an event? Cause still being at 195/200... And dunno if refilling just to try to farm missing 5 or it would be simply WASTE now and could try normal (cheaper) worlds for just trooper badges...

Cheers,

W

Rain88
09-01-2017, 12:55 AM

So... This is it? End of an event? Cause still being at 195/200... And dunno if refilling just to try to farm missing 5 or it would be simply WASTE now and could try normal (cheaper) worlds for just trooper badges...

Cheers,

W

Hopefully you managed to get her.

Blacksteel
09-01-2017, 12:56 AM
Yes the event is over as far as I know, maybe send a msg to support or Sparton see if they can push those 5 into your account, this shouldn't be happening to a dedicated trooper.

Witkacy
09-01-2017, 01:15 AM
Yes the event is over as far as I know, maybe send a msg to support or Sparton see if they can push those 5 into your account, this shouldn't be happening to a dedicated trooper.

Blacksteel :)

Sadly just as I thought so, yet I still see this pack of 100 fragments for 750 ironities - it shouldn't gone after the event? Just to be sure - yet somehow no way I'll buy that amount of them now...

Thanks for clarification - ok I'll try - they probably could do that as they can do everything with the game - it's theirs afterall... I would like to have this character - but on the other hand I don't like it to look that I am begging for something I've failed to get in usual way...

Cheers,

W

Blacksteel
09-01-2017, 01:26 AM
Blacksteel :)

Sadly just as I thought so, yet I still see this pack of 100 fragments for 750 ironities - it shouldn't gone after the event? Just to be sure - yet somehow no way I'll buy that amount of them now...

Thanks for clarification - ok I'll try - they probably could do that as they can do everything with the game - it's theirs afterall... I would like to have this character - but on the other hand I don't like it to look that I am begging for something I've failed to get in usual way...

Cheers,

W

I understand, but it's also true that the drop rate for some players was just bad, I can attest to that.
And paying 750 ironite for 5 missing fragments won't make sense, hopefully they would understand, we as players endure a lot of bugs and stability issues supporting this game and the band so hopefully it can go both ways.

thealchemist
09-01-2017, 03:02 AM

Cheers,

W

I feel your pain, the last 5 for me took me ages yesterday and I was worried they were never going to come.
Also reminds me of the immortal event where I just managed to farm enough fragments if I bought the fragment pack as well to complete the soul. Opened the store on a Sunday morning (which is reset time in my time zone) and went to the store to buy those fragments to complete the soul but they were gone! (missed reset time by 5-10 minutes) That was a major DOH! moment for me. I think that was my first event too and to miss out sucked :(

Conversion of fragments into precious soul fragments sucks even more at 5>1. Conversion should be closer to 1>1 imo as I only get crappy 1* hearts and crappier 3* idols from them...

scott-5496
09-01-2017, 09:54 AM
I got her a few hours before the event closed - to be fair it did take me four refills over two days to do it. I auto farmed Fear on level 4,5,6 and 7 with the occasional manual go at 8, 9. I didn't get any 50 drops so it was a slowish slog to get there but I did and thankfully no need to spend too much ironite of SoT refills. She seems to be pretty decent but certainly no game breaker (or anywhere close to it) but she does have a decent skill set.

I only had two crashes in BNW and one freeze actually recovered itself so only one set of SoT lost - I seem to be a rarity on here though by the looks of it.

Cheers

Amarthir
09-01-2017, 08:29 PM
I feel your pain, the last 5 for me took me ages yesterday and I was worried they were never going to come.
Also reminds me of the immortal event where I just managed to farm enough fragments if I bought the fragment pack as well to complete the soul. Opened the store on a Sunday morning (which is reset time in my time zone) and went to the store to buy those fragments to complete the soul but they were gone! (missed reset time by 5-10 minutes) That was a major DOH! moment for me. I think that was my first event too and to miss out sucked :(

Conversion of fragments into precious soul fragments sucks even more at 5>1. Conversion should be closer to 1>1 imo as I only get crappy 1* hearts and crappier 3* idols from them...

About the precious souls. interestingly enough my first few souls were the best when they came out, got together 2-3 ultimate hearts and thought that the RNG was better due to there only being 6 souls to choose from, nope, ever since my lucky streak I've gotten almost entirely 1* gold idols. They should at least make conversion more valuable because of how bad the low end of the drop pool is and how uncommon precious souls are. And don't get me started on the fact that my current number of fragments ends in neither 5 or 10, drives my ocd crazy lol. Maybe we should be able to convert precious soul fragments to something more important like legendary shards for example. I mean, I'm super glad that they're farmable from skull quests now, and so far I have 5 from running all 8 a bit ago, but 5 fragments a day will still take about 3 weeks to complete a single soul.