PDA

View Full Version : What people like best for champion?

Bobby2613-8511
08-31-2017, 02:56 PM
Hi all,

Sorry for maybe a dumb question since I'm pretty new to this game. I have a max Child of the Damned set as champion but my troopers don't seem to play it everyday, is that because people like Eddies as champion more than allys or only because I need to find better troopers?

slauki
08-31-2017, 03:27 PM
if your troopers don't play your champion constantly, they are mofos, so search for better ones here on the forums :-) . that said, eddies are always better imo because they are easier to use for autofarming. i hate it to use noneddie troopers and i know some guys who even kick noneddies :D but i'm not that hardcore...

Kris-0707
08-31-2017, 03:47 PM
I don't mind to use noneddie's as long they're not single target buggers.
However my own Eddie + my 1 ally can clear GoD or similar map without 3rd toon pretty quick, but sometimes single targeted toon (from trooper list) slows autofarming, I don't care, but someone else might.
Nice option would be to finally have the possibility to send messages to troopers and ask them to change very weak toon for any Eddie etc.

DickinsonMan
08-31-2017, 03:56 PM
Nice option would be to finally have the possibility to send messages to troopers (...)

YES!... it's one of the things that'd make the game much better.

Bobby2613-8511
08-31-2017, 04:04 PM
I don't mind to use noneddie's as long they're not single target buggers.
However my own Eddie + my 1 ally can clear GoD or similar map without 3rd toon pretty quick, but sometimes single targeted toon (from trooper list) slows autofarming, I don't care, but someone else might.
Nice option would be to finally have the possibility to send messages to troopers and ask them to change very weak toon for any Eddie etc.

I thought that maxed CoD hitting for 9/11k avg (overall) + extra turn every time you kill an enemy would be nice for everyone but he needs to be the last one played and that isn't always the case when set on auto. I guess I should champion my second best (Soldier Eddy).

Thanks for the answer. :)

Bobby2613-8511
08-31-2017, 04:07 PM
if your troopers don't play your champion constantly, they are mofos, so search for better ones here on the forums :-) . that said, eddies are always better imo because they are easier to use for autofarming. i hate it to use noneddie troopers and i know some guys who even kick noneddies :D but i'm not that hardcore...

I already started looking! ;)
I will set my champion for my L80 Soldier Eddie :(

R1ck
08-31-2017, 04:14 PM
I also don't mind a noneddie, for a noneddie a would like a trooper who makes AoE damage in basic attack and power attack as well. I don't like those who grant any kind of shield or whatever. Even if I have one of those, still using all my troopers daily.

Ian
08-31-2017, 08:28 PM

You don't like my gunner dog?!

BonFire
08-31-2017, 09:15 PM
I tend to like random or rare Eddie's. Ace's High is always cool to see, though I've only seen 3. I have a lot of GRE in my list. Which actually helped out with the Gardens. Any toons are pretty fun to use too. See how they work.

Sidney
08-31-2017, 10:18 PM
I tend to like it when my troopers are Eddies because I don't have to change the dynamic of my farming team. I do however enjoy when a new non-Eddie is introduced that I get to try it out before I actually pull one for myself. I was able to get the Magnus Val the other day so I set her as my trooper for others to try for a few days, but my GRE will be wearing the crown again very soon.

slauki
08-31-2017, 11:53 PM
You don't like my gunner dog?!

to be honest man, no i don't like your gunner dog as trooper, the reason is:

i have my fastest farming team that allows me to play as fast as possible. every non eddie forces me to change it so i have to swap toons wait longer and finally swap to my old team again.

i think most endgame players are in a similar situation. no need to try your gunner dog, i have my own and it's maxed too...

my priority is to finish 50 troopers as fast as possible and as comfortable as possible and every non eddie really hurt this goal. the game is time consuming enough and after a year of daily playing, i try to minimize the time needed for the daily obligations.

that's why some people are more likely to play an eddie. he will sit in the backseat and will get used very easily and without adjustments. i will use noneddies too, but i don't like them ;)

edsel
08-31-2017, 11:57 PM
love to test performance of full skill shard Eddies, harder to run them to max than regular characters

T-Man
09-01-2017, 01:34 AM

i have my fastest farming team that allows me to play as fast as possible. every non eddie forces me to change it so i have to swap toons wait longer and finally swap to my old team again.

i think most endgame players are in a similar situation. no need to try your gunner dog, i have my own and it's maxed too...

my priority is to finish 50 troopers as fast as possible and as comfortable as possible and every non eddie really hurt this goal. the game is time consuming enough and after a year of daily playing, i try to minimize the time needed for the daily obligations.

that's why some people are more likely to play an eddie. he will sit in the backseat and will get used very easily and without adjustments. i will use noneddies too, but i don't like them ;)

Couldn't have said it better. Far prefer Eddies for this reason.

Witkacy
09-01-2017, 01:47 AM
Bobby :)

I say this way - I have very little toons of myself - yet they are (almost all) very solid ones... So I don't mind if somebody will lend me their champion really strong, maxed and sharded or completely opposite... The same goes for picking champions: if you give me Eddie - great! Thank you VERY MUCH - a lot of easier to me, if an ally - decent one - could be used along to my own - even if died - no harm - I can manage with everything/every level with my rooster (excluding these 2: GOF X/GOD X @ BNW - haven't tried those yet)...

If you'll give me really poor champ (non Eddie) - again FINE! I'll adapt my team to your champ/will change farming map/use it in secret location etc.

So you see - I am not complainin' - what I'll get to test - always fine :)

Cheers,

W

Inishmore
09-01-2017, 06:36 AM

I completly agree with your analysis. That is the reason why I use all my non Eddie Troopers to grind the ailing Kingdom for Health Talismans or the Kingdom of Sands. You can always use them and no matter what the team you will have a 100% success rate. When they are done I switch to GoD and auto grind with my grinding team and all the Eddies in the backup. Like this I only have to change my team once. But yes I agree in general Eddies are the safer choice.

Ian
09-01-2017, 07:55 AM

Yeah fair enough. I have a couple of newbie troopers and figured it'd help them with BNW, but now the event is over, I will switch to an Eddie, just for you

slauki
09-01-2017, 10:52 AM
Yeah fair enough. I have a couple of newbie troopers and figured it'd help them with BNW, but now the event is over, I will switch to an Eddie, just for you

thanks man, trooper solidarity FTW \m/

but ofc for new players some toons might be usefull to clear the stages, but i guess most of us have mostly solid forums members who cleared the game for many many months, and for them eddies are just the most comfortable choice.

Bobby2613-8511
09-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Thanks all for the replies! I switched my champion for Soldier Eddie and I think I had more people using him (or maybe it's only cause I found 5/6 good daily troopers! Haha)

As for champion, I guess my thinking was about right cause even me (with my 24 days account) like Eddies more than others cause I can get XP for my other allys. I tought my max CoD could help some -- cause he's a killer for me, but I guess noobs don't know why/how using troopers.

slash1424
09-01-2017, 06:11 PM
I much perfer my troopers are playing daily than anything else. Eddies are easier but I don't mind switching it up to another map. Running auto anyway so....

slash-2083

T-Man
09-02-2017, 01:30 AM
I much perfer my troopers are playing daily than anything else. Eddies are easier but I don't mind switching it up to another map. Running auto anyway so....

slash-2083

In the end, this is all that really matters. I'll take any toon from a daily player.

thealchemist
09-02-2017, 03:28 AM
I'm not all that fussed, I use both Eddies and regular toons accordingly. It gives me a chance to use toons I still don't have so that can be a side benefit. It only makes it harder to use non-Eddies if they aren't 5* toons whereas any Eddie will do. I won't drop a trooper because of their trooper choice though, its more about the badges at the end of the day.

Saigrim
09-02-2017, 03:44 AM
Eddie, please.

I find it a little irksome when someone who plays an Eddie most of the time has to show off their latest non Eddie. Right now I have several of them using the non Maiden hentai bitch. I don't care. If I wanted it, I would have chased it. I rather prefer the huge stock of Ironite and Trooper points for the moment, when they actually offer something Maidenesqe.

MetalKing
09-18-2017, 06:56 PM
I have a fully leveled and sharded carriage rider as my champion, as well as an available warrior child of the dammed with some area effect talismans, that said, I could really use a trooper with a prisoner. My Id is metalking3386.