PDA

View Full Version : PvP: The Mummy Age has Returned

Nicko
09-03-2017, 01:45 PM
Felt like hitting the keyboard because last week was quite the performance. Many, many thanks to Mjmxiii for keeping this thread going - and stole your revolving title idea :). Very much appreciated!

But the real story of the week was the battle for Eternal. Kamuz – an amazing player who’s had some of the nastiest defenses around – darted up towards the end of the week and established a commanding lead. But then Carlos – a beast of a climber – began his ascent and never looked back. Weeks like this are what PvP is about. Kamuz has said before he works some Saturdays – and that may have come into play – but both players deserve huge props for a truly spirited competition.

The arena itself? Yawn. We’re back in Mummy Eddie days. The defense of the day?

VHE – Red Buzz – SSD – Wrath

Over. And over. And over.

Obviously it’s working – cause people are leaving it in – but I can’t believe another meta change isn’t in order. We saw the start with the release of the Valkyries. There’s always one difference maker – and this time she’s purple. My losses this week were generally trying to figure this Purple Valkyrie out. She’s not easy and not I’m not convinced I have her figured out – and that’s a good thing.

People ARE mixing in other toons – but the above defense is far too repetitive.

I have many 5* Eddies – and right now I use one. There’s something wrong with that.

Forum members have said on another thread “Please don’t nerf VHE – he’s too much fun – make the other Eddies better”

I’m fine with that – but honestly? – I can’t see it happening. Too much work for an already overtaxed NF team that has a lot on it’s plate. Pulling out Shaman Eddie – Aces High – Mystic – cause they’re as formidable as VHE would be so cool – but the odds are almost zero. I see NF either releasing another Eddie or two as competition – or making an adjustment on VHE. I’d love to be wrong.

I have a friend who is a great player – very smart and often top 10 – and until yesterday he had a 100% win rate. He ended up losing one battle yesterday – but point being that VHE is making things too easy. We should not be seeing 100% win rates. A new character like the purple Valkyie may get quickly labeled as overpowered – but if she’s taking your wins from 99% to 98%, I think that’s a tough argument to make. We need some challenge. I personally hope more like her come along.

I’m not commenting on bugs – plenty of threads for that though I know it’s affecting people’s experiences. I’d much rather hear thoughts on the current PvP environment.

Should VHE’s dominance be handled?
Are you finding the defenses repetitive?
Suggestions for NF?

Thanks everyone and see you in the arena!

Silentknight
09-03-2017, 02:34 PM
Kinda remember NF saying they wanted diversity at the top when the Prisoner was actually useful??? Funny, cuz I don't see it! Worse than ever in my opinion! Nice 2 c NF finally learnt how 2 nerf a toon, 2 bad they already nerfed 95% of the other toons into dust collectors!

MrFreeze
09-03-2017, 02:35 PM
Yeah the VHE, wrath, SSD and WUR combo is out of hand. My defense isn't much different, but I refuse to use my WUR in an attempt to be slightly different. I still would rather they leave those characters alone and make others better though. Bottom line for me is, this is an rpg. Granted the story has been stalled for over a year but it's a turn based rpg. Final fantasy was never built for a pvp mode. No rpg is ever going to really work flawlessly with any kind of player vs player. Even if it was live, someone would still have to go first, so there's really no way to make it 100% fair in my opinion.

If they nerf those characters it makes them weaker in the part of the game I care about, pve. Plus it just leads to another set of four characters who take over down the road. I'm really sick of the current meta too, but if they nerf these guys, we just take another step back in an endless cycle of retunning. I don't know what the answer is. Pvp is messed up in a lot of ways in my opinion, but it always will be. Too much emphasis is put on pvp for a game that's a turn based rpg. But that's just my opinion, and I'm probably in the minority on this one. Call me old fashioned.

Congrats to both Carlos and Kamuz! I only payed a little attention to what was happening, but it's the first time I've seen an actual competition on Saturday.

slauki
09-03-2017, 02:45 PM
great to see you making threads again dear nicko :)

i agree with your analysis in many points. yeah VHE is the only usefull eddie at the moment. i haven't used another eddie for weeks in the arena. he is fun and great. but he is the only eddie we see right now, which is really bad for the diversity.
most fun is to adjust to different teams, but everyone who has VHE, wrath or purple valkyrie will use them. so diversity is out of the window again.

another important detail is we have the same talismans over and over on VHE. guards and immortality, maybe somethings wrong with them too ;) make immortality a normal buff and VHE will loose a lot of his usefulness without directly affectig his skills.

no way NF will buff other eddies to the same degree, since the balancing is taking very long. maybe they pick one or two eddies to buff, but easiest would be to balance VHE and the other chars or the immortality talis which leads to another problem.

we need more competition you say and i agree. but let's look at the situation.
right now we have 3 chars which are and which will be dominating the arena. VHE, wrath and purple valkyie, who is prolly the most broken toon of all.

all other defenses will have a hard time. so only the guys who are lucky enough to get the good pulls can create competition. that's what i dislike. we should have the opportunity to build up creative offenses and defnses with more options than three chars. we need something that is able to make average defenses better. like additional buffs which will appear if your party costs are low.basicly some intelligent and creative adjustments are needed but always releasing new broken chars is not the solution imo. (why not giving defenses a 5th char if party costs are low for example, that would be a way to create competition in multipleways for everyone and not only for the lucky ones with the rare chars)

but i doubt, we will ever reach this point. maybe there will always be the one most effective defense which will kill all diversity. and to balance that NF will release new broken chars who shuffle everything up again, like the horrible balanced purple valkyrie. stealing buffs, stunning for two turns and giving decent damage...comeon guys this is horrible. and a powermove with nice damage and permadeath and heal block for 5 power???

the intention of NF is clear, "chase, chase, chase and pay, pay, pay" if you want to compete.they have to generate money but new metachanges every two-four weeks is somewhat ridiculous. the game and the balance are in a horrible mess. and i think this will stay this way as long as the game exists.

Chaosego888
09-03-2017, 03:04 PM
Congratulations to Carlos. I was completely oblivious that there was an epic battle going on this week but that had to be awesome. I have gotten burned out on PvP because of the same defense over and over and a points system thay is just plain stupid.
All the nerfing in the past has killed the experience, so many characters that were once great are collecting dust now. I haven't had any issues with the purple chick yet but I never use any of the main 4 characters most players use. Vampire Hunter is one of the two Eddies I am missing and I haven't skill sharded that Undead Rescuer yet because I hate the way the thing looks. In my opinion there are only 3 characters in this game that truly make any kind of difference for a defense and that is the counterstriking sentinels that disable the player. Eddie is the star of this game and with the exception of Vampire Hunter, he is often the weakest link on the defense, especially paired with Wrath or Beelzebub because they typically waste the fury before he can use it. All the Eddies need to be at the level of Vampire Hunter and the great characters of the past need to be restored.

Silentknight
09-03-2017, 03:11 PM
Jofer: insert Ozzy-The Almighty Dollar here

Blacksteel
09-03-2017, 03:15 PM
Once you go above 50, especially by the end of week, you can expect VHE and Wrath on almost every team, Buzz and SSD close second.
This makes the game look like there are no other Eddie/characters worth having and that's an issue, it becomes too repetitive and boring especially if you are grinding your way to Eternal.

Predictability also becomes an issue, while those teams are dangerous, you can beat them without even having to switch your attack team from match to match.

The new purple chick was the one other character that made me actually switch my attack team a little, she is very powerful, but not invincible, I think she was a bit of a risky move for NF because of their effective abilities, but also seems to have played well in adding some variety to an otherwise stagnant meta.

Solutions: (one can dream right?)

NF style ( Nerf VHE or sell the new OP Eddie/character):
"chase, chase, chase and pay, pay, pay" if you want to compete.

And A big problem with this is the creation of the 'next Op toon' to push sales, this goes in detriment of general balance and degenerates on 'the next Op char to be nerfed'.
Buffing of other Eddies.
Make the other characters more relevant, many characters could be made useful just by changing some costs or switching of existing abilities which would require the least effort from NF or Bring new or expanded abilities.
The talisman way, change or bring new ones i.e. a random passive cancel for 'n' turns (prisoner style), or random permadeath (ofc they need to make permadeath work first, as it's bugged).
Using the special talisman slots (each character has 2) new 2/3 set could bring additional abilities.
Stasis, Reverse Time, Ability Switch/Steal, Clone, Turn skip, Side Decks, Tag Team, Stack build, all could be applied and make for great opportunities.

Sadly NF's struggle to keep up even with the most basic bug fixes that have been plaguing the community since launch is somewhat uninspiring.
For all the faults the game has it also offers a great base for improvement and growth, but will they take the chance, will they be up to the challenge?.

Ancient Mariner
09-03-2017, 03:36 PM
I've also noticed lately how most of defenses use pretty much the same chars, in particular the VHE.. and i'll tell you i'm one of them; but the thing is, that i lately started to use him aswell, only because i got him recently! So unless everyone got him in the last days like me, i don't get why suddenly everyone is using him...was he enhanced or something?

Anyways, i think that what makes you win in defence is not mostly the characters you use, but rather the talismans you put on them...

I often find no difficulty in beating even hard teams, which yet don't have those talismans that make retaliate or give endurance.
On the contrary, i often lose against any kind of team when they are full of buffs coming from those talismans, and especially i lose when the enemy spawns the void shield: man, that damn thing often destroys any my attempt to win :S

Silentknight
09-03-2017, 03:49 PM
I've also noticed lately how most of defenses use pretty much the same chars, in particular the VHE.. and i'll tell you i'm one of them; but the thing is, that i lately started to use him aswell, only because i got him recently! So unless everyone got him in the last days like me, i don't get why suddenly everyone is using him...was he enhanced or something?

Anyways, i think that what makes you win in defence is not mostly the characters you use, but rather the talismans you put on them...

I often find no difficulty in beating even hard teams, which yet don't have those talismans that make retaliate or give endurance.
On the contrary, i often lose against any kind of team when they are full of buffs coming from those talismans, and especially i lose when the enemy spawns the void shield: man, that damn thing often destroys any my attempt to win :S
Buffed & nerfed! Still OP a f! K, maybe all the other Eddies just suck! Anyone who knows what they're doing has proper talismans on him.

Blacksteel
09-03-2017, 03:58 PM

VHE popularity increased after the August tuning (IMO) because of the mark skill guaranteeing 100% extra turn, claim skill being fixed and BNW's addition of immortal talisman.
You are right talismans are extremely imnportant, but so is team composition the trick is to balance it all out
On defense to test see how the AI uses the team, there are some combinations that should be winners but sadly AI doesn't know how to handle.
On the offense if you have problems with counter talismans there are characters with options to steal or remove or absorb damage, you can use true damage for those void.

JJJ428
09-03-2017, 04:03 PM
I have a random question when it comes to the arena does any one notice that certain things seem to proc for higher level players more then lower level players? The counterstrike talismans especially. If I fight a high rank player I swear it happens every attack if I attack a lower rank player I can attack them 6 times in a row and they don't counter strike once. I am sure this is some sort of confirmation bias that I notice this, but wanted to see if any others run into similar scenarios.

BonFire
09-03-2017, 04:32 PM
You guys got it so different at the top. All I see at the 2000 range are GRE, Wrath (interchangeable with AG or SABB), SSD, and GCR

R1ck
09-03-2017, 05:12 PM
You guys got it so different at the top. All I see at the 2000 range are GRE, Wrath (interchangeable with AG or SABB), SSD, and GCR

Good point, now I am in position 455 and NONE of the defenses I see in my attack list has that called repetitive defense.
It is a very complex topic because there will always be a toon better than another and as soon as someone has it he will put it on defense untill NF nerf it, it has been a cycle since PVP was launched.
Just getting tired of this sh&t, this week I will only play PVP untill I get the coins to buy the stuff in arena store, I don't have coins because only play around 150 fights a week, no need to do more.

Congrats to my trooper Carlos who is a terrific player.
Bien hecho mi chino!!!😁

Jofer16
09-03-2017, 05:14 PM

lol Youtubes!

Jofer16
09-03-2017, 05:17 PM
Bottom line for me is, this is an rpg. Granted the story has been stalled for over a year but it's a turn based rpg. Final fantasy was never built for a pvp mode. No rpg is ever going to really work flawlessly with any kind of player vs player. Even if it was live, someone would still have to go first, so there's really no way to make it 100% fair in my opinion.

Except other games do it just fine. I feel like most of this comminuty doesn't have much experience with PvP gaming and just accept NFs mediocrity as a result thinking that's the way it has to be.

Silentknight
09-03-2017, 05:18 PM
That's exactly the point! No VHE in lower ranks cuz he's OP!

Kamuz24z
09-03-2017, 05:26 PM
It was a great run last week Carlos you deserve eternal well done bro I was hoping that you will stop before me but no you kept going I even got in trouble at work for not paying attention but is was worth it next time let's join the 10k club 🍺
Just as Nicko said VHE, red buzz, SSD,Wrath are every where around 60% but specially VHE, devs you need to buff other Eddies like Visions to his glory days now with all those guard shields what a great combination
Purple spice girl i change my mind about that toon I used to say that it was Op but is the only one that give me a challenge so far, we need more toons like that, is just not right that from all the attacks from last week I lost only 12 no fun at all I'm getting bored is a game and it needs to be more difficult to win
One more thing if last week was a great battle let's wait for the Epic and most anticipated battle Gmac vs Joffer if that happens I'll join the battle and I hope Carlos does as well
Thanks everyone and see you in the arena

T-Man
09-03-2017, 06:25 PM
Couldn't play much the last 2 hours, but it looked to be an epic battle indeed! Congrats Carlos, Kamuz!

Seeing the same team over and over is a problem, I'm somewhat guilty as well. Though I don't use the green demon. I have him, but just hate him and his over the percentage taunt. Though maybe one day I'll say F it, if you can't beat them join them. Props to those that don't use him btw.

The obvious answer is not to nerf VH (that may be the nail in the coffin for me har har) as he is so much fun and useful in BNW. The obvious answer imo, is to restore the nerfed toons to former glory, and/or buff other Eddies. New tunes like the purple chick work as well. But, history tells us NF will take the easy way out with nerfing.

Speaking of the purple chick, she gave me fits for a while. Think I have her number for the most part now.

Speaking of trying other tunes, more skill shards will help.

Jofer16
09-03-2017, 06:32 PM
The obvious answer is not to nerf VH (that may be the nail in the coffin for me har har) as he is so much fun and useful in BNW. The obvious answer imo, is to restore the nerfed toons to former glory, and/or buff other Eddies.

Good call. Can I has my Prisoner back? He is not a number and just wants to be free!

https://youtu.be/yHUM8pocGjo

MrFreeze
09-03-2017, 07:07 PM
Except other games do it just fine. I feel like most of this comminuty doesn't have much experience with PvP gaming and just accept NFs mediocrity as a result thinking that's the way it has to be.

I don't have a lot of experience with it, but I've played a few different types. I'm talking mobile here because my newest console is a ps2.

I don't consider f2f quite the same thing since it's more of a fighting game format. I played Valkyrie connect for a bit. Its solution was to have both teams go at it full auto, both at the same time. It sucked. I used to play Mabinogi duel a bit, which is more of a card battle game. It was live and they probably did a good job at it. I sucked so bad at that game though that I never won. Maybe the best example I've seen is monster super league. The pvp is very similar to lotb, but offense always goes first, while defense gets an additional fifth character to replace the first one dead. I never progressed far enough to play at the higher ranks of that game though.

That's about it unless you want to count words with friends. That was pvp I guess. I don't know what they can do to improve the experience though. Obviously the point system is backwards. Getting punished for playing too much doesn't make sense. Whatever happens I don't have high expectations, I think the only thing keeping me going with this game is the amount of time I have invested in it. It seems like a waste to throw it all away now. That and the Iron Maiden theme of it. If these were comic book characters I'd be done.

Chaosego888
09-03-2017, 07:17 PM
I have a random question when it comes to the arena does any one notice that certain things seem to proc for higher level players more then lower level players? The counterstrike talismans especially. If I fight a high rank player I swear it happens every attack if I attack a lower rank player I can attack them 6 times in a row and they don't counter strike once. I am sure this is some sort of confirmation bias that I notice this, but wanted to see if any others run into similar scenarios.
I have noticed this as well, just thought maybe a player's win streak modifiers were carrying over to their defense which is awesome if it does. There is definitely some kind of hidden boost applied to Arena defenses because you can set up the same defense as one that is giving you trouble and when you test it, you can easily annihilate it when the same exact configuration will still be harder to beat in arena. I'm not complaining about that at all though, just hate the fact that you can't test a defense to see how it will perform

Jofer16
09-03-2017, 07:18 PM
I don't have a lot of experience with it, but I've played a few different types. I'm talking mobile here because my newest console is a ps2.

I don't consider f2f quite the same thing since it's more of a fighting game format. I played Valkyrie connect for a bit. Its solution was to have both teams go at it full auto, both at the same time. It sucked. I used to play Mabinogi duel a bit, which is more of a card battle game. It was live and they probably did a good job at it. I sucked so bad at that game though that I never won. Maybe the best example I've seen is monster super league. The pvp is very similar to lotb, but offense always goes first, while defense gets an additional fifth character to replace the first one dead. I never progressed far enough to play at the higher ranks of that game though.

That's about it unless you want to count words with friends. That was pvp I guess. I don't know what they can do to improve the experience though. Obviously the point system is backwards. Getting punished for playing too much doesn't make sense. Whatever happens I don't have high expectations, I think the only thing keeping me going with this game is the amount of time I have invested in it. It seems like a waste to throw it all away now. That and the Iron Maiden theme of it. If these were comic book characters I'd be done.

Yeah I think a lot of people are in the same boat, if this game didn't have the privilege of being associated with Maiden, it'd be dead in the water. I used to be in the same boat regarding investment, but it's better to jump off a sinking ship than stay and constantly bail out water. And yeah I've played mobile/console/pc, everything from Destiny, World of Warcraft, to SWGOH. Guess maybe that's why my patience isn't as strong as Maiden fans with nowhere else to go. I keep hoping for some decent updates even so. This game has ridiculous potential if realized. It's kinda like watching a 2 year old drive a Lamborghini with NF.

Askora
09-03-2017, 07:35 PM
Congrats to Carlos, and to Kamuz for a good race.

Not much to add. Same defenses ad infinitum with a little variation. Not yet had much issue with the purple valley girl, so not sure how effective on defense she is. My defense is well aged, but was holding up well enough despite the lack of vhe on it as I'm not willing to invest the shards on him. This week defense is tanked so far, but maybe will improve once I drop back from close to the top.

Also, sure that a few have noticed my retirement was short lived (about a week). Got bored in the waiting room and started playing again. Down about 10 troopers now and actually like it better that way. To the troopers who dropped me, I hope there's no hard feelings and you were able to find someone who can pledge to be more reliable.

T-Man
09-03-2017, 08:05 PM
Good call. Can I has my Prisoner back? He is not a number and just wants to be free!

https://youtu.be/yHUM8pocGjo

Right on dude! :cool:

T-Man
09-03-2017, 08:06 PM
I have noticed this as well, just thought maybe a player's win streak modifiers were carrying over to their defense which is awesome if it does. There is definitely some kind of hidden boost applied to Arena defenses because you can set up the same defense as one that is giving you trouble and when you test it, you can easily annihilate it when the same exact configuration will still be harder to beat in arena. I'm not complaining about that at all though, just hate the fact that you can't test a defense to see how it will perform

Yes, I noticed it as well.

Jofer16
09-03-2017, 09:37 PM
One more thing if last week was a great battle let's wait for the Epic and most anticipated battle Gmac vs Joffer if that happens I'll join the battle and I hope Carlos does as well
Thanks everyone and see you in the arena

It's already happened multiple times, check week 1 and subsequent weeks standings. Waiting on the devs now to come back, not gonna perpetuate shit decisions anymore, quality game brings back quality players.

BonFire
09-03-2017, 11:18 PM
That's exactly the point! No VHE in lower ranks cuz he's OP!

Could also be because he's a 5* Assassin Eddie. I've only seen a couple in my experience.

Jofer16
09-03-2017, 11:37 PM

Sorry for the delay lol Great song.

https://youtu.be/b75Fz8CqAW4

Silentknight
09-04-2017, 12:10 AM
Could also be because he's a 5* Assassin Eddie. I've only seen a couple in my experience.

Lotsa other 5☆ Eddies that can't 1 shot any toon or revive entire team! Think I said every other Eddie sucks but apparently reading isn't ur strong suit! Also, original point was about diversity. So where's Rainmaker or how bout Aces High, Cyborg, Tailgunner. Or let's not 4get the Prisoner, I mean there's only 1 of him!

BonFire
09-04-2017, 02:37 AM
Lotsa other 5☆ Eddies that can't 1 shot any toon or revive entire team! Think I said every other Eddie sucks but apparently reading isn't ur strong suit! Also, original point was about diversity. So where's Rainmaker or how bout Aces High, Cyborg, Tailgunner. Or let's not 4get the Prisoner, I mean there's only 1 of him!

Rainmaker can't revive people, but if you go first he can take someone down. GRE's extra turns happen pretty frequently and his Fury can revive the team. I'm pretty sure Pharaoh can revive someone as a power move and he takes a bit of focus to go down. Someone probably just happened to mention he was good and anyone who never used him before decided to try him out for once, because they had 28 shards lying around. Same thing happens in Call of Duty when something else takes a hit, somebody hears and everyone goes to it. It's not so much the gun as a weird mob mentality. I'm rambling though, maybe you're right, I dunno. I don't have 28 shards to give him.

druid138
09-04-2017, 02:51 AM
Rainmaker can't revive people, but if you go first he can take someone down. GRE's extra turns happen pretty frequently and his Fury can revive the team. I'm pretty sure Pharaoh can revive someone as a power move and he takes a bit of focus to go down. Someone probably just happened to mention he was good and anyone who never used him before decided to try him out for once, because they had 28 shards lying around. Same thing happens in Call of Duty when something else takes a hit, somebody hears and everyone goes to it. It's not so much the gun as a weird mob mentality. I'm rambling though, maybe you're right, I dunno. I don't have 28 shards to give him.

Yes, I've been thinking about this idea lately. PvP by definition facilitates info sharing, and people tend to mimic things quickly. I wonder if there are other toons sitting out there on everyone's bench who would be amazing right now but they just haven't been invested in, especially given the scarcity of skill shards.

MrFreeze
09-04-2017, 03:02 AM
I wonder if there are other toons sitting out there on everyone's bench who would be amazing right now but they just haven't been invested in, especially given the scarcity of skill shards.

I can say with confidence that the sentinel haunted pumpkin is not one of those characters.

druid138
09-04-2017, 03:10 AM
I can say with confidence that the sentinel haunted pumpkin is not one of those characters.

Ha! On a distant but related note, I'm working on getting the Meatheads up to Level 100 - just for collection purposes. I was flipping through my roster recently and, for the first time, actually paid attention to the stats of the Sentinel version. He's only 4* Level 80, but damn. I didn't believe it when I first saw it.

Ubajoa
09-04-2017, 03:13 AM
It was an amazing race vs kamuz, a real challenge for me because of 2 reasons:

1 - kamuz is an excellent player, really fast and he doesn´t lose any fight.
2 - I had to take care of my 1 year old daughter, my wife had classes all day and the baby sitter asked me for permission that day. So basically I was playing arenas with my right hand and the left playing with my baby.

My wife couldn't believe that I could achieve them both at the same time, and she also asked me not to play hard this week to share some quality time in family. So I won't be competing hard this week.

Cheers.

Silentknight
09-04-2017, 04:20 AM

Lmfao!!!!!

Silentknight
09-04-2017, 04:21 AM
Ha! On a distant but related note, I'm working on getting the Meatheads up to Level 100 - just for collection purposes. I was flipping through my roster recently and, for the first time, actually paid attention to the stats of the Sentinel version. He's only 4* Level 80, but damn. I didn't believe it when I first saw it.
If ur lookin 4 stats check my roster...all basics maxed

ritchbe
09-04-2017, 07:34 AM
It was an amazing race vs kamuz, a real challenge for me because of 2 reasons:

1 - kamuz is an excellent player, really fast and he doesn´t lose any fight.
2 - I had to take care of my 1 year old daughter, my wife had classes all day and the baby sitter asked me for permission that day. So basically I was playing arenas with my right hand and the left playing with my baby.

My wife couldn't believe that I could achieve them both at the same time, and she also asked me not to play hard this week to share some quality time in family. So I won't be competing hard this week.

Cheers.

Congrats! You're a machine!

Off topic, listen to your wife and take it easy on the game- kids need it, you'll enjoy it and remember it as opposed to this game :D

Inishmore
09-04-2017, 07:42 AM
Last week has again proven to me that the PVP system broken: I couldn’t play much PVP during the week so on Saturday at 23pm (reset is at 2am in my timezone) I just played 50 games and was somewhere in position 1500 and something. Since I accumulated some SoW I decided to start playing. I managed to play 60 games in the last three hours and that brought me up to position 98. Unfortunately I lost the final battel at 2am and got thrown back to 110. Anyhow, I only played 110 games but won 1400 position in the last 3 hours. That is just plain wrong! I know everybody knows but still I had to share. This is crazy.

Oh and before I forget it: Congrats Carlos and Kamuz. Hell of a fight.

JJJ428
09-04-2017, 11:07 AM
Since this is the only mobile game i played and only pvp type game I really played could someone tell me what the ideal point system is? I hear a lot of complaints that this point system is terrible and while I can see those flaws I have no ideas what the "perfect" system is suppose to be. I don't think its as bad as everyone thinks once they changed the defending losses don't hurt as much and added the one for one balancing. I don't know how you would get around last hour rushes outside of cutting points down for the last couple hours or something similar.

Jofer16
09-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Since this is the only mobile game i played and only pvp type game I really played could someone tell me what the ideal point system is? I hear a lot of complaints that this point system is terrible and while I can see those flaws I have no ideas what the "perfect" system is suppose to be. I don't think its as bad as everyone thinks once they changed the defending losses don't hurt as much and added the one for one balancing. I don't know how you would get around last hour rushes outside of cutting points down for the last couple hours or something similar.

One that doesn't punish players for actually playing the game. Saturday rush wouldn't be much of an issue without the retarded 7 day ratio system.

Silentknight
09-04-2017, 03:08 PM
Grats Kamuz & Carlos! Awesome race guys!!! The lengths some players will go 2 continues 2 amaze me!
Glad ur back Nicko, nothin personal mjm, u did great but this just feels 'right'. Least u know mjm's got ur back Nicko!

Mariner-1212
09-04-2017, 03:24 PM
Yes, I've been thinking about this idea lately. PvP by definition facilitates info sharing, and people tend to mimic things quickly. I wonder if there are other toons sitting out there on everyone's bench who would be amazing right now but they just haven't been invested in, especially given the scarcity of skill shards.

I've spent a lot of time on this, and can say pretty confidently that the answer is no. I've sunk skill shards in many oddballs that "should" be hidden gems, like the Assassin Troll, who's passive is supposed to increase the chances of your effects triggering. But it doesn't work like it's supposed to!

Then you have the SSD, who STILL taunts over 50% of the enemy every time and gets it's counter attack every f'ing time. It's these toons that are the 'hidden' gems, the ones that the devs have souped up, and work more than their moves indicate. That's why you see them everywhere. This community does find these toons on the bench, and they get put into play, then copied to every other defense.

There are a lot of great toons on paper - but the AI is programmed to make them shit.

I have many 5* Eddies – and right now I use one. There’s something wrong with that.

Forum members have said on another thread “Please don’t nerf VHE – he’s too much fun – make the other Eddies better”

100% agree. I tried combos of these new talismans on my other Eddies, like Viking, Shaman, Rainmaker... they can't be made useful when compared to others. They just lose too damn often. I don't mind VHE's power, but buff some of these others.

Amarthir
09-04-2017, 06:59 PM
I'll agree with the lot who are saying instead of nerfing the fun toons, we should buff the other ones, that way you don't see the same 4 characters in every other team. There's almost 200 characters in this entire game and if only about 5 or 6 of those characters are even worth being useful, then dude we got a problem. Not to mention, the current stars of the game aren't exactly easy to come by for the average player, from crafting the kind of characters other people use, so far I have the SSD and warrior undead rescuer, but Wrath is my last missing eternal, therefore he'll be the hardest for me to get, and VHE is among the most difficult to find. I can't imagine the frustration that the higher ranked players get when someone in their team gets nerfed and then the entire team loses their structure, like investing months of skill shards into one team only to have their moves not work like they used to? Man, all that build up for nothing, that's not how you keep someone happy and wanting to continue their game. The whole time I've played this game I've always been able to see the good in the things they do for us, but this time around, there's no way of seeing this as anything more than a total failure.

bort
09-04-2017, 07:32 PM
I'll agree with the lot who are saying instead of nerfing the fun toons, we should buff the other ones, that way you don't see the same 4 characters in every other team. There's almost 200 characters in this entire game and if only about 5 or 6 of those characters are even worth being useful, then dude we got a problem. Not to mention, the current stars of the game aren't exactly easy to come by for the average player, from crafting the kind of characters other people use, so far I have the SSD and warrior undead rescuer, but Wrath is my last missing eternal, therefore he'll be the hardest for me to get, and VHE is among the most difficult to find. I can't imagine the frustration that the higher ranked players get when someone in their team gets nerfed and then the entire team loses their structure, like investing months of skill shards into one team only to have their moves not work like they used to? Man, all that build up for nothing, that's not how you keep someone happy and wanting to continue their game. The whole time I've played this game I've always been able to see the good in the things they do for us, but this time around, there's no way of seeing this as anything more than a total failure.

Absolutely.

Some characters *should* be objectively better than others, but a PVP defense team should not be. Analyze what makes the "best" PVP defense/offense teams work. Look at the characters and their abilities. See what other toons have them but are not used - start by buffing those. Look at other toons that are not used in PVP or are underused with different abilities. Maybe alter the effectiveness of those abilities until they see some use. Not every toon has to compete or eclipse the "best" char or even fight for a spot in the top defense, but there absolutely needs to be variation at all levels of PVP. Low to mid level should see wide variation of both offense and defense, and top tier should see some variation, instead of none.

Final edit: When the "best" defense is made up of hard-to-acquire characters with no variation, it rewards both those who put the time and effort in and got lucky with their RNG pulls. I'm sure some longtime players are still short either VHE or Wrath to compete at that high tier.

druid138
09-05-2017, 04:33 AM
If ur lookin 4 stats check my roster...all basics maxed

Impressive achievement! I'll take a look.

Inishmore
09-05-2017, 05:40 AM
Final edit: When the "best" defense is made up of hard-to-acquire characters with no variation, it rewards both those who put the time and effort in and got lucky with their RNG pulls. I'm sure some longtime players are still short either VHE or Wrath to compete at that high tier.
Well, I am in the game since last November and I lack Wrath, VHE and red flappy Batty. So imagine my defense stats:D

DaveMurray
09-05-2017, 07:56 AM
Gratz Carlos for the eternal, always enjoy it when a trooper wins and especially when it is a great guy like you. Back when i started playing and i was struggling in arena Carlos pmed me and gave me advices without me asking for them.
Offcourse i want to say gratz to Kamuz for the second place too.
You guys really gave a great show this week, simply fantastic both of you. I wasn't around when arena was launched and i didn't witness the fight between Nicko, Jofer and gmac so this is by far the best race since i started playing.

Nifelheim
09-07-2017, 05:02 PM
VHE with immortality can be beat by gunner golden son.
SSD can be finished quick with a few options like nomad, red bat

I don't think mummy was ever nerfed, but seems not as popular now

Silentknight
09-07-2017, 05:05 PM
I don't think mummy was ever nerfed, but seems not as popular now

Definitely nerfed! Taunt % reduced. Way back when Mummy, SSD were as popular as VHE & immortality

Thedarkness
09-09-2017, 08:13 PM
Game is unplayable right now. Every time a frozen character with immortal talismans gets killed all the buttons go missing. This shit must be what all the android users deal with all the te.

JJJ428
09-09-2017, 08:15 PM
I have stopped using magus corrupt rescuer on offense because of this. They really need to look at these immortality talismans.

Nicko
09-09-2017, 09:07 PM
I'm on a plane trying to battle GMAC and it isn't easy with crappy wifi!

I'm sure he'll take it cause landing soon and then can't play in car - but I've had some crashes too - not sure if game or the crappy plane wifi

gmac
09-10-2017, 12:06 AM
I'm on a plane trying to battle GMAC and it isn't easy with crappy wifi!

I'm sure he'll take it cause landing soon and then can't play in car - but I've had some crashes too - not sure if game or the crappy plane wifi

Dude, what a battle!
Congrats and thanks for it.
Cheers
gmac

slauki
09-10-2017, 12:36 AM
Game is unplayable right now. Every time a frozen character with immortal talismans gets killed all the buttons go missing. This shit must be what all the android users deal with all the te.

had one freeze today and exactly that happends. purple hentai chick was frozen and had immortality. i killed her and buttons disappeared....

Nicko
09-10-2017, 12:49 AM
Dude, what a battle!
Congrats and thanks for it.
Cheers
gmac

Hey man - the pleasure is mine! Running with the best is how you get better ;)

Congrats on another Eternal!

Silentknight
09-10-2017, 01:04 AM
had one freeze today and exactly that happends. purple hentai chick was frozen and had immortality. i killed her and buttons disappeared....

Didn't even bother competing cuz NOTHING has been fixed & NF can't even seem to acknowledge or reimburse players!
Just attempted 2 burn list after reset & ofc frozen! Purple bugged to shit skank as well! With immortality although that had been removed! She had just used her basic attack & all 4 members of opposing team had minimal health. Match would have been won as my Eddie's fury was ready 2 go but apu...FU!!! Will send support a screenshot but will b the last time cuz I don't help those who don't help others!!!

gmac
09-10-2017, 01:09 AM
I have stopped using magus corrupt rescuer on offense because of this. They really need to look at these immortality talismans.

Hey man,

I think it's the magic burns, not the immortality talismans. More than half my loses this week came this way. Game was unplayable.

Early today I notice this happening on a VHE that did not have the immortality set anymore.

So I think the problem is really with the magic burn, not the tali.

And yeah, I had to let go of MCR.

Afterwards I "only" had one APMA3 or whatever.

Cheers
gmac

Silentknight
09-10-2017, 01:11 AM
Hey man,

I think it's the magic burns, not the immortality talismans. More than half my loses this week came this way. Game was unplayable.

Early today I notice this happening on a VHE that did not have the immortality set anymore.

So I think the problem is really with the magic burn, not the tali.

And yeah, I had to let go of MCR.

Afterwards I "only" had one APMA3 or whatever.

Cheers
gmac
It's a fuck of alot more than this!!! Grats again G!

gmac
09-10-2017, 01:19 AM
Hey man - the pleasure is mine! Running with the best is how you get better ;)

Congrats on another Eternal!

Hey Nicko,

I was not planning on going Eternal this week. Even had some other arrangements scheduled for today.

But I wanted to leave the game on a high, and I wanted to win without those ridiculous purple Valkyries.

Btw, man, I bought 90 souls from that event. Guess how many Valkyries I got? ZERO

That, together with people leaving, blue buzz fiasco, not being able to spend 140k IC, 30mi gold, and now i think over 100k tp... that really got me to my limit.

Not saying I'll leave, but I am considering it, a lot.

Sorry to be the one denying you Eternal this week, you really deserve some Eternals, and you played really well. Can't believe you were traveling!!! lol

Congrats again,
This was cool, cheered me up a bit.
Thanks
gmac

JJJ428
09-10-2017, 01:28 AM
The coins and gold I get but how are you unable to spend trooper points? Why not just get 20 skill shards?

Nicko
09-10-2017, 01:40 AM
Hey Nicko,

I was not planning on going Eternal this week. Even had some other arrangements scheduled for today.

But I wanted to leave the game on a high, and I wanted to win without those ridiculous purple Valkyries.

Btw, man, I bought 90 souls from that event. Guess how many Valkyries I got? ZERO

That, together with people leaving, blue buzz fiasco, not being able to spend 140k IC, 30mi gold, and now i think over 100k tp... that really got me to my limit.

Not saying I'll leave, but I am considering it, a lot.

Sorry to be the one denying you Eternal this week, you really deserve some Eternals, and you played really well. Can't believe you were traveling!!! lol

Congrats again,
This was cool, cheered me up a bit.
Thanks
gmac

Oh man - not you too...

Though I must admit - I've had similar thoughts as well. Time will tell. I'm not deleting my roster or anything - but perhaps a break soon.

Like you - wasn't planning on running this week - it just kind of happened. No apologies needed - yes I was handicapped, but I don't believe in "gifting" Eternal so if anyone was going to deny me - you're the guy I'd pick.

Cheers!

gmac
09-10-2017, 01:51 AM
The coins and gold I get but how are you unable to spend trooper points? Why not just get 20 skill shards?

Oh yeah, I got 51 skill shard as well.

Impossible toons to get, impossible to use my rewards to get them. (Ok I could buy souls with tp)

I still don't have Prisoner, Samurai and Rainmaker.

Not like I don't make some investment in the Game already...

:/