PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Changing Eddie's Red Talismans

Ladyofshadow-6319
09-03-2017, 09:43 PM
Hello, I need some recommendations to change the warrior talismans of My beloved Holy Smoke Eddie
the Talismans are no longer so useful to me considering that I need to increase his MR, the ones I need are some of the new talismans of BNW that increase attack, defense and magical resistance

Chaosego888
09-04-2017, 12:02 AM
Hello, I need some recommendations to change the warrior talismans of My beloved Holy Smoke Eddie
the Talismans are no longer so useful to me considering that I need to increase his MR, the ones I need are some of the new talismans of BNW that increase attack, defense and magical resistance
3656All of the Safeguard subtype give magic resist

Ladyofshadow-6319
09-04-2017, 12:17 AM
All of the Safeguard subtype give magic resist
Thank you, I am not only interested in increasing MR, but also the effects that the talisman produces. I think these three are a good choice:

osiris0000
09-04-2017, 01:10 AM
Thank you, I am not only interested in increasing MR, but also the effects that the talisman produces. I think these three are a good choice:

When choosing talismans for "any character", follow this 3 simple steps :

Step 1 - Decide where you want to use your character:

Normal levels, LoL & BNW Dungeons or Pvp

An effective talisman loadout for BNW may not work well in PVP - opposite can be true also. It is so rare with "1 size fits all" solution.
So, best thing to do is deciding where are you going to farm first.

Step 2 - Check your character's and enemy character's stats and skills :

This will help you to build best talisman loadout possible anywhere in the game. Sometimes a Strike talisman would help much better, sometimes a simple build would do better. It all depends on checking enemy skills first, then you can compare it to your char's skills. It will show you what you can do against.

Step 3 - Decide which role your char is going to have :

When you know where to farm and your char's + your enemy char's skills & stats, you can give your character a role depending on your allies : Tanky build, Damage build, Debuff or Buff support. Or a mix of those.

After you finish this 3 steps, you can choose related talismans for your goal.

For more information, i suggest you to check Kardas's detailed talisman thread :

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?4789-Talisman-Location-Master-Post

Additional Note : Long story short, for BNW - you can use a primitive build for boosting attack and health : 4 x Strength Talisman + 2 x Health Overwhelming.

If you want to use Strikes, you have to sacrifice little bit fire power - You can build it like : 3 x Strike + 2 x Health Overwhelming + 1 x Red (Any)

Ladyofshadow-6319
09-04-2017, 01:45 AM
When choosing talismans for "any character", follow this 3 simple steps :

Step 1 - Decide where you want to use your character:

Normal levels, LoL & BNW Dungeons or Pvp

An effective talisman loadout for BNW may not work well in PVP - opposite can be true also. It is so rare with "1 size fits all" solution.
So, best thing to do is deciding where are you going to farm first.

Step 2 - Check your character's and enemy character's stats and skills :

This will help you to build best talisman loadout possible anywhere in the game. Sometimes a Strike talisman would help much better, sometimes a simple build would do better. It all depends on checking enemy skills first, then you can compare it to your char's skills. It will show you what you can do against.

Step 3 - Decide which role your char is going to have :

When you know where to farm and your char's + your enemy char's skills & stats, you can give your character a role depending on your allies : Tanky build, Damage build, Debuff or Buff support. Or a mix of those.

After you finish this 3 steps, you can choose related talismans for your goal.

For more information, i suggest you to check Kardas's detailed talisman thread :

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?4789-Talisman-Location-Master-Post

Additional Note : Long story short, for BNW - you can use a primitive build for boosting attack and health : 4 x Strength Talisman + 2 x Health Overwhelming.

I you want to use Strikes, you have to sacrifice little bit fire power - You can build it like : 3 x Strike + 2 x Health Overwhelming + 1 x Red (Any)

Thanks for the so useful information, I personally want talismans for PVP
I need to improve that on my Eddie, because I have to strengthen him against the magic damage
..Would it cause less physical damage if I use those talismans?

thealchemist
09-04-2017, 02:16 AM
Currently it looks like you don't have a talisman set that increase his ATK stats anyway so going to strike talismans shouldn't hurt. Potentially going to strikes means he can do more damage if he counters than what he currently would. But if you want the most physical damage from a single attack 4x strength would be the way to go.

osiris0000
09-04-2017, 02:25 AM
Thanks for the so useful information, I personally want talismans for PVP
I need to improve that on my Eddie, because I have to strengthen him against the magic damage
..Would it cause less physical damage if I use those talismans?

For PVP, Strikes are good decision in my opinion. Yes, you will have little bit less physical damage with Strikes (around 270ish less damage compare to 2 set of strength) - but if your strike triggers once, you will hit extra and it means double damage.

But note this, you don't lose the game when your Eddie dies on PVP. So - better to make your Eddie with more damage build with little tankiness. Then you can focus more to clear the enemy. Don't worry so much about MR, it gives little bit strength. But HP is more important when it comes to strength.

If you want to get magic resistance, try to choose your red talismans with "Safeguard" types if you can. For PVP i would build that Eddie with : 3 x Strike + 2 x Strength + 1 x Green Talisman.

To strengthen tankiness of your Eddie and allies, you will need an ally having Block passive. (and try to get Gunner Pharaoh Dog as fast as possible, which reduces damage taken by 35%) Which means it will help your team by absorbing damage after 50% HP damage taken. I have checked your team bench, you have the Warrior Undead Rescuer having that Block passive - very popular and useful toon on PVP. Level him up as fast as possible, it will be a game changer for you. It will help with strengthen your Eddie and your allies.

I also see Red Pyro Soldier on your team - which is another good & useful character for PVP. I would level up that one too.
If i had your account, i would always have a Red Pyro Soldier and Red Undead Rescuer along with Holy Smoke Eddie.

Ladyofshadow-6319
09-04-2017, 02:46 AM
Currently it looks like you don't have a talisman set that increase his ATK stats anyway so going to strike talismans shouldn't hurt. Potentially going to strikes means he can do more damage if he counters than what he currently would. But if you want the most physical damage from a single attack 4x strength would be the way to go.

Actually I have talismans that increase the attack but I need good talismans with a combination of atk and MR

Ladyofshadow-6319
09-04-2017, 03:17 AM
For PVP, Strikes are good decision in my opinion. Yes, you will have little bit less physical damage with Strikes (around 270ish less damage compare to 2 set of strength) - but if your strike triggers once, you will hit extra and it means double damage.

But note this, you don't lose the game when your Eddie dies on PVP. So - better to make your Eddie with more damage build with little tankiness. Then you can focus more to clear the enemy. Don't worry so much about MR, it gives little bit strength. But HP is more important when it comes to strength.

If you want to get magic resistance, try to choose your red talismans with "Safeguard" types if you can. For PVP i would build that Eddie with : 3 x Strike + 2 x Strength + 1 x Green Talisman.

To strengthen tankiness of your Eddie and allies, you will need an ally having Block passive. (and try to get Gunner Pharaoh Dog as fast as possible, which reduces damage taken by 35%) Which means it will help your team by absorbing damage after 50% HP damage taken. I have checked your team bench, you have the Warrior Undead Rescuer having that Block passive - very popular and useful toon on PVP. Level him up as fast as possible, it will be a game changer for you. It will help with strengthen your Eddie and your allies.

I also see Red Pyro Soldier on your team - which is another good & useful character for PVP. I would level up that one too.
If i had your account, i would always have a Red Pyro Soldier and Red Undead Rescuer along with Holy Smoke Eddie.

I do not mind losing the damage, as long as I make Eddie stronger, it would be very helpful to have the counterstrike
I'll take into account using Red Pyro Soldier and Warrior Undead Rescuer, .. I think I'll have to eliminate Allied Bomber Boy and AoF from my PvP team.

osiris0000
09-04-2017, 10:06 AM
I do not mind losing the damage, as long as I make Eddie stronger, it would be very helpful to have the counterstrike
I'll take into account using Red Pyro Soldier and Warrior Undead Rescuer, .. I think I'll have to eliminate Allied Bomber Boy and AoF from my PvP team.

Allied Bomber Boy and AoF are also useful depending on situation.
Main thing is: more leveled up useful characters you have = more strategic choices you can make.
But Warrior Undead Rescuer is a character i bring on every PVP battle, as many do.

Ladyofshadow-6319
09-04-2017, 10:11 PM
Allied Bomber Boy and AoF are also useful depending on situation.
Main thing is: more leveled up useful characters you have = more strategic choices you can make.
But Warrior Undead Rescuer is a character i bring on every PVP battle, as many do.
It's true they are very useful toons, right now I'm leveling the Warrior Undead Rescuer

Blacksteel
09-05-2017, 01:03 AM
It's true they are very useful toons, right now I'm leveling the Warrior Undead Rescuer

Great choice, he can be very useful and that set of strike talismans will fit him well.
About your Eddie, he could use echo or strike to give him extra attacks, this would increase his damage because of the extra attack he will (likely) get.