PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for everything, gals & guys! :)

Witkacy
09-04-2017, 09:27 PM
Good evening, all :)

It finally happened that I've got perfect excuse to stop playing and supporting LOTB completely... As some of you may already know I've failed during the last exclusive character event - it happens - easily could lift the defeat on my chest and carry on - 'cause the truth is that I don't give a f--k about this certain character, however learning it the hard way which hurted - it caused me to rethink a few things deeply about the sense of playing, further WASTING my time, sometimes hard earned money and other resources in the name of...? What? Supporting Iron Maiden? I highly doubt it...

I did a small talk with Sparton regarding missing 5 fragments... He concluded that they can't comply my request of getting those or even buying using given exchange rate - only option seems valid was to buy 100 fragments, while I needed only 5 of them... Well... I've done couple of stupid things in my life already, but if I would buy those, it would be clearly the most stupid thing I ever did up to now... He veiled himself ''the fairness of our players fanbase''... How great! Pitty that the devs not being such carying, tight and concerned about the fairness towards their players fanbase regarding bugs, crashes, stability of the game, pulling out the new content, very high costs of playing new worlds, drop rates of pulling certain characters (especially those with ''so called higer chances'', rewarding sacrifice while you giving a LOT of decent toons (apart of being dupes or not) just to get crappy rewards in most cases or another dupes... Etc, etc. (The list could be very long here - you all know how it goes for yourself, don't you?)... Sure thing I DO remember few free ironities giveaways - but this not change the picture as a whole to me, truly...

This what hurted me the most after 3 day marathon - while almost endlessly playing new levels where I've fought against time, massive crashing, very poor droprate of the fragments (for myself - at the 1st day got only 10 of them playing all the time GOL VIII/IX!), loosing SoTS (earlier I've bought some of them for money) and possible rewards each per few runs - wasn't the fact that I've lost - being so close - as I said not the first one fail in my life - and not the last one for sure either - was the final reward afterall... Despite of getting all USELESS fragments I've got screwed at the end with the exchange ratio 5:1 while I would like to convert them to precoius souls (another USELESS stuff, IMHO, BTW)... A final nail to the coffin has been hammered...

So... After this event I've asked myself - why to play, what the game gives me for real in exchange for my invested money and so time... I came to a conclusion that NOT that much, really, if anything that matters except one thing - truly priceless - possibility to knowing all of you gals & guys (even if just virtually) - the best fans of the best band!

I have to say that I've loved the game at first - now to find it as boring, repetitive with nice graphics, great music and highly overpriced stuff - but that's it... I used to play 6-7 hours DAILY (quite often even longer), yet now I simply can't... I am just tired, worn out and genuinely lost the passion and willing to continue... I've conducted a small experiment during the weekend - set all notifications to off as well as switch in my head - and what has happened? Finally found the time to jam with some friends a bit, finshed one book, read the whole next one, and started another one, plus had the plenty of time to rest - all this whithin just two days of no playing! - so while I think how many things good and really useful to myself I could achieve within a whole year I've wasted on rubbish - I am just pitty for myself... But I guess it's good when we do learn from our mistakes and better late than never...

It was truly my second daily job to give everyone their badges as I felt the obligation other great troopers are doing the same for me; grind for supplies and fight at the arena... Pitty that ''job'' was so poorly rewarded afterall... I would say with playing LOTB it's like with smoking highly addictive stuff - once you start it's hard to quit... May be nice, yet somewhat unhealthy... All the time was saying ''I smoke 'cause I like to - not because I am addicted - I can quit with no time''... All I needed was some kind of impulse - one day just said to myself - ''that's enough!'' and quit... Next year will be 5 years since I quit smoking - with no pills, strange stuff and all that - just strong will... Now I am quitting LOTB - sure won't uninstall the game or sarifice everything as some already did - they are all mine characters anyway, might be checked once per sometime what's going on - yet without any pressure, worries about bugs, crashes - I am just beyond all this now - so... feel free to drop me as a trooper, everyone, however if you would consider Cyborg might be helpful - that's ok as well...

I would like to thank you all for your daily badges so far - my loyal and great troopers! I truly think the whole community of the players and so Maiden fans all over the world - it's the best thing the game has to offer! RESPECT to all of you gals & guys!!! \m/

I would like to apologize as well - for the bad things - I am aware that some part of my posts were just complains - well... Nobody's perfect I guess - all I wanted is the game would be the better one... That's it...

Sure thing I will continue support of Maiden - as loyal Iron Maiden FC member since 1993 - yet I rather will use their shop directly, while buying stuff at a discount, than ever spending ANYTHING on the game again...

That would be all from me - I wish everyone of the LOTB community all the best - may Ed be with you all!

Cheers,

Witek

Mariner-1212
09-04-2017, 09:39 PM
Witek :)

My friend, enjoy your life and it has been great being Troopers with you (which I will continue to do, in case you come back at some point). Always enjoyed your posts and your involvement, and hope you put that same passion back into the real world now - which will greatly benefit from having you back, I'm sure.

Up the irons!!!

\m/

slauki
09-04-2017, 09:44 PM
well man, be assured you are an original part of the community and i feel sad to see you go. even we didn't have the same opinion a couple of times i always respected your dedication for this game and the band. you truly tried your best to make the this game better, thank you for that.

i wish you all the best for your future. enjoy your free time with doing some cool stuff. maybe you will decide to come back once this game is fixed (this might happend in a parallel universe :) )

so have a great time witkacy!

there is only one way to end this post

cheers,

S :-)

R1ck
09-04-2017, 09:49 PM
Good luck Witkacy, enjoy your freedom, thanks for all your badges.

Cheers :)

Ladyofshadow-6319
09-04-2017, 10:01 PM
hope you are happy and you can enjoy your freedom although I admit that it hurts me to lose one of my best troopers
I'm sorry you had any problems in this game ...Thanks for the support and badges
bye witckacy :)

Blacksteel
09-05-2017, 12:22 AM
Wish you the best Witkacy you are one of the nicest troopers, it's sad you feel this way but I can understand and relate to many things you write about, it's good that you are harpy about finding the time to do other things, it's actually kind of a smart thing to do especially giving the state of the game, thanks for your involvement on the community and your help.
Also the kind of posts that you mention as not perfect are in fact very much needed, otherwise NF would think that everything is OK and will be totally lost without the community input, they need to see this stuff happen and ideally, feel it,
sadly some of us have to post like this, not because we enjoy it, no one enjoys the suffering of constant bugs, lacking design, lost time and resources and on top of that reporting it, but we care about the band and really want this game to improve, to show up to par quality, but some things are just out of our hands.
Be well friend, feel free to drop a message if ever you want.
Up the Irons! \m/

osiris0000
09-05-2017, 01:11 AM
Sad to see you go Witkacy. We have shared a long time here. Ancient LotB players are dropping like leaves. Hope you will not worry, be Harpy with your decision! Wish you the best.

I agree with slauki , there is only one way to end this post..

Cheers,
O :cool:

kkkreg5
09-05-2017, 01:51 AM
This is another sad day in the forum...

Witkacy you will be missed in the game and the forum. Good luck to you. Enjoy life again my brother!

I've played non stop since October of 2016, including holidays, vacations and other occasions. It truly has become a second "job" that has almost no return. Again, the enormous sense of guilt that comes from not playing Troopers is what drives me now. Reading LadyofShadows post about your country of origin was amazing. Finding friends all over the world that share our love of Iron Maiden has been the best part of this whole experience. With the recent storm, some forum members have taken the time to PM and ask about me and my family. That truly means a lot!!

I painted myself into a corner with this game. Thinking that it was okay to invest the real money I did over the last 11 months. No more. I've learned that lesson the hard way.

Devs, Sparton, Kaz, Leviathan, do these long time players mean nothing to you? Is the amount of new players greater than the value of the ones that have been there from the beginning?

FIX THIS TROOPER SYSTEM NOW!! FIX THIS GAME NOW!! Others will follow Witkacy, Askora, Lulero, TiHa, BadTaste, RCarter, FallenAngel666, Aristo, Shifter, and IceManFerrar. These people may not seem important to you, but they are important to the forum.

Truly a sad day...

Cheers, Witkacy!

IceManFerrar
09-05-2017, 03:03 AM
Whoa, just popped in the forum to see how thing are going and I read this sad thread. Sigh, what is going on around here...so many good long term players have quit recently, and Witkacy is the nail in the VHE's coffin!
Sigh, very sad to see you go, mate...you truly are a great person to have had on here and this forum is certainly losing a very valuable member.
I wish you all the best...I know the feeling and can completely relate to what you are going through. Take care and enjoy your real life...I know I am.

@kkkreg5/Rene, thank you for the kind words, mate. I miss you guys a lot...the friendship, camaraderie, and brotherhood in Maiden is simply astounding. I do try to come here every few days or so and read up on what is going on, but I don't post much cause I feel like a dinosaur now...can't relate much to the game after being away for a few weeks since BNW. I came back briefly for a few hours during the Valkyrie launch, bought 10 souls with 900 Ironite I had saved , got all crap, which pissed me off and reminded me of one of the reasons why I quit, so l played the troopers who still kept me and then deleted the game back again.

Cheers Witkacy and all you Maiden heads...keep on rocking!

Rain88
09-05-2017, 03:04 AM
Sad to hear. Your posts were always refreshing . It should be a wake up call that the current system (aka gambling+bugs) was able to break someone that have "don't worry be harpy" motto. Enjoy your life and never look back :)

Ladyofshadow-6319
09-05-2017, 03:12 AM
kkreg5

It's a great community of players from all over the world, the only bad thing is that the best players are gone.
Damn, I'm going to run out of troopers if this continues, very sad.
How many more people will have to leave for devs to act?

Inishmore
09-05-2017, 05:33 AM
Wow, I don't know what to say. I am really sorry to see you go. Another solid Trooper leaving the building. I do agree with a lot you say. The main reason why I haven't yet got the feeling this game is a second job is that I commute for an hour every day. In this time I can play some Troopers while reading the newspaper the old fashioned way. In addition I've got an office job and have to keep a of phone conferences, where only half of the time the subject is important to me. So I can run some troopers during that time. But without that... If I had to run all my troopers at home... I can only admire the dedication of all those spending several hours a day besides work for this game.

I wish you all the best and enjoy your newly won freedom;-)

thealchemist
09-05-2017, 06:12 AM
Sorry to see you go Witkacy but totally understand your reasons. You have always been very helpful to myself and others on the board willing to share your advice as well as opinion. Also been a great trooper to myself past few months. I wish you the best for the future and enjoy your extra time.

Cheers
Alchemist
:-)

DaveMurray
09-05-2017, 07:44 AM
Omg, i will have to quit smoking for 5 years to be able to quit that thing? Damn, there is no hope :D

So another old & great member of this community quit this game simply because NF got no idea how to handle it.
We were never troopers but i always appreciated your contribution to the forum, you will be missed but i totally understand your decision.
Look on the bright side though, as you said there are millions of better things to do in RL.

Cheers m8

P.S. Kurwa NF

mjmxiii
09-05-2017, 08:05 AM
Witkacy :)

You weren't my trooper but you should have been man. Always pride myself on having the best people in the game and you are definitely one of them. Wish you all the best sir ...and quit smoking cigs three years ago so @DaveMurray, you can do it brother!

We'll keep up the good fight for as long we can Witek! Enjoy your freedom!

Do not go quietly unto your grave...

Cheers!

Kris-0707
09-05-2017, 09:35 AM
Not good, another trooper's out. But that's 100% true what you said and maybe wake up call (another one) for NF?
I'll keep you on my list and you'll get 25 badges from me daily, having over 200k of them I don't care + - 25 will not make any difference, but maybe some day you'll use them.

P.S. Widać Witek, że fajny z Ciebie gość i wielka szkoda, że już nie będziesz pojawiał się na forum, bo lubię czytać Twoje mądre uwagi, aczkolwiek mam nadzieję, że będziesz tu zaglądał i raz na jakiś czas skrobniesz jakiegoś posta, pozdro ziomuś. K.

tex-0775
09-05-2017, 11:04 AM
We weren't troopers, but it's a sad day indeed. Gonna miss your presence on the forum, your posts were always enjoyable reading :cool:

Take care \,,/

(This is beginning to feel like some sort of social experiment about seeing how much crap a player can take, before he/she snaps ;) )

PerthEddie
09-05-2017, 12:55 PM
I am not going to have any Troopers left the way things are going :(

Witek, totally understand what you are saying. Gutted to lose you as you have been a great Trooper for me. I will not remove you for now in case you decide to come back

Take care Witek

Patrice-1201
09-05-2017, 01:19 PM
Very sorry to see you go Wit. I was myself very close to quitting a few weeks ago for similar reasons but did not find the courage. Well done for setting yourself free, you'll be missed!

MoonShadow
09-05-2017, 01:48 PM

We weren't troopers, but I've always liked your input on these forums, and I just want to say that its another sad day in the history of these forums / this game, after all the other dedicated troopers that left the battlefield that is this game and the ones in charge are still not able to find solutions to make it all easy and fun, 'cos that's all what a game should bring to us, and not anger and frustration.

Enjoy your "free" time!
Cheers!

MS :)

blackbolt
09-05-2017, 03:12 PM
Hey man,
You were one of the first (if not THE first) to greet me on the forum when I arrived and your gunner cotd helped me a lot trough my first playtrough! Its sad to see you go, but I understand your feeling and, after all, a man deserves his freedom!
As you said one time to me: ciao!

All the best
Blackbolt

Askora
09-05-2017, 03:37 PM
Cheers Witek!

Enjoy the free time. Hopefully you don't get drawn back in like I was. Not necessarily a bad thing as there is a great group here, but the time away has the potential for far greater rewards then you will ever get sacrificing time in the game. :cool:

T-Man
09-05-2017, 04:13 PM
Lots of truth in your post Witek. Going to miss your post here and as a trooper. Enjoy life.

Cheers!

druid138
09-05-2017, 04:21 PM

Sorry to see you go. I'll miss your badges and your insightful posts. I'll keep you on for a bit in case you decide to come back.

Best wishes in real life.

GotN
09-05-2017, 05:54 PM
Witkacy 🙂

Was really shocked reading you quit 😧 You are indeed one of the greatest guys here and getting to know you was an honor to me! Appreciated so much your loyalty, always great posts and incredible stories! I feel with every word you've said and even when it's hard, understand your feelings about this so much loved/hated game. But think about the great achievements you already reached, great chars you pulled and many many awesome troopers you have. I know you are exactly the person who thinks like this, always sees the positive side and your luck will be back soon! I'm pretty sure! Of course I will keep you and if it's so you don't come back in weeks, one day you log back in and see hundreds of badges from me :) Wish you all the best buddy! You will be sadly missed! Oh man, f**k NF for this! Hope to see you man!

Mizrael
09-05-2017, 07:32 PM
P.S. Widać Witek, że fajny z Ciebie gość i wielka szkoda, że już nie będziesz pojawiał się na forum, bo lubię czytać Twoje mądre uwagi, aczkolwiek mam nadzieję, że będziesz tu zaglądał i raz na jakiś czas skrobniesz jakiegoś posta, pozdro ziomuś. K.

^ This!
A truly unique member of this community! Your posts always spoke out of your heart. I felt like i was sitting by a table with you, drinking beer and listening to your stories. You gave good advice, had good ideas and also criticized what was necessary to criticize in your own style!

Cheers,

Marek

Kardas
09-05-2017, 07:59 PM
Always a shame to see longtime forum member leave. I wish you the best!

Ian
09-05-2017, 08:28 PM
Whatever you choose to do Wit, I hope it brings you happiness. I always liked your posts because your passion for Iron Maiden was obvious. You'll be missed by us all.

MrFreeze
09-05-2017, 08:32 PM
Well trooper, I respect your decision and wish you the best. I'll keep you on for a bit in case you change your mind. If you return down the road, hit me up if I'm still around. I'll clear a spot for you.

The Educated fool
09-06-2017, 01:19 AM

Gotta say man... the forum won't be the same without ya. :cool: All the best.

Cheers!

F

Peppoah
09-06-2017, 11:58 AM
Oh man,
If I had known, you could have my 10 fragments, i still have them and don't know what to do with them.
Anyway enjoy your free time from the game. It was a pleasure reading your posts.
You'll be missed.
Cheers, Pepp

Crazypants
09-07-2017, 05:51 PM
I completely feel where your coming from Wit. Im in the same boat myself. You were an awesome Trooper and a great part of the community. Best of luck to you!

Witkacy
09-07-2017, 11:27 PM
Good evening gals & guys :)

I am really surprised and touched reading your comments... I was expecting maybe 10-15 posts and there it happened four pages of them... Once again THANK YOU! Honestly feel like we all were one big family... So far doing pretty great - not missing the game at all - quick look at all this what's going on - just assured me there's nothing to regret - besides sticking with you all gals & guys... I may be start playing one day again (seeing POSITIVE changes and at least some decent rewards - not random useless stuff), but for sure I won't go full 50 troopers (this system as it is - is NOT acceptable at all), might do some quests for sports, while be very boring - so far I am NOT and I guess it won't change anytime soon...

Some of you have written to me that gonna be missing my posts and so my stories... I don't remember that sharing too many of them with you, though... Well... It happens that I have some time (not being involved of playing right now) and I guess I could be told you one of these for you to enjoy ;-)

It will be about one failed economy exam, back in 1998...

OK, here we go... It was quite long ago, yet remember everything like it was yesterday...
I took the day off cause I wished to prepare myself to the economy exam next day...
About 12:35 the telephone rang...
- Mum, could you pick up the phone, please? I am eating a soup now...
If it's someone from the office - tell them I am busy...
Mum picked the phone...
- It's for you... Not from the office... Some guy says his name is 'Jack The Beatles' and this is urgent... Do you know him?
- Yes, Mum... It's my friend... Tell him that I am coming...
(Me and Jack being friends for years... He's a music journalist and running a second-hand shop with rare vinyls and CDs - it's his passion... The other one: The Beatles - simply love them :-D)
- Hello, Jack... What happened?
- Hello Witunio... I am sorry that calling a bit late - was ringing to the office first, then they told me you are in home now...
WAKE UP! Do you know who just came to Warsaw? Blaze Bayley and Janick Gers... Yes, THOSE Blaze and Janick...
I am going to the press conference with them in Sheraton Hotel at 13:00... If you want me to get some signs for you - bring me some items before 13:00 and I'll get them for you...
- WOW! I mean THANK YOU, JACK of course, please DO!!!... But, but... Could I come with you, please... I would like to meet them very much... Please...
- No, you can't... Sorry... It's closed conference... For the press only, not for the fans...
- *sigh* Pitty :-( I wish I could be there and meet them in person... But sure THANK YOU once more for getting signs for me :-D
- Stop talking and start to dress yourself up, OK? LOL Time is running away...
- Could you do something that I would be able to go there? PLEASE PLEASE!!!
- Ah, you're so stubborn... OK, ok, but stop talking LOL I'll think of something - but can't promise anything for sure, OK? ;-)
Remember... 13:00... Don't be late... If you do - you get nothing...
- Thank you, Jack!!!!... I'll be there...

About 12:40...
I started to dress myself up in a hurry... Was so shocked that didn't know what to give to sign...
My hands were shaking a little bit when took off the booklet from CD case - good that not torn it into pieces LOL

- Witunio!!! What has happened? Why you so in a hurry??? Maiden came??? LOL
- You bet, Mum!!! :-D I have to leave now...
- But... Your soup!!! Haven't finshed eating...
- Not hungry anymore... Love you... Byyyeee!!!

About 12:45...

Ran at the bus stop... Live quite close to the centre of the town, yet time was running away and no sign of the bus :-(
Started smoking a cigarette and look nervously at my watch... For about 2 minutes - here it is!!! I am saved! :-D
Yet it seemed that there was a new driver in the bus and he missed the route :-(
I thought 'Oh, no!!! God why you doing this to me... Just now when the time is so precious to me :-(
I am NOT gonna make it and be late :-( No Jack, no Maiden, no nothing :-(
I was just resigned and very sad, so stopped staring at my watch constantly...
Luckily the driver when he spot his mistake - was driving quite fast (as for bus) and took the shortcut...
So... When I finally got to my destination and off the bus... I was about couple hundered meters far from the hotel...

And it was 13:00 on a big clock hangin' as banner above the street...

At first hesitating myself what to do - thought: I AM late, no doubt... Jack probably is inside now and I won't find him there :-(
What to do? Go back home or what? After a few seconds I said to myself: F--k that! Time for another running now! :-D
And started running like crazy, shouting all the time 'GET OFF MY WAY, PEOPLE!!! WATCH OUT!! EXCUSE ME!!!'
After a few meters - sadly concerned that I shouldn't smoke that bloody cigarette and it was very bad idea :-p
When I was near the hotel - saw Jack - he was waving to me and shouted: HURRY UP, MAN!!! HURRY UP!!!
Finally I stopped in front of Jack being all sweaty...
- Where the hell have you been? You know what's the time? Nearly 13:02...
Told you not to be late...
- Look... I know, Jack... I am very sorry... I had troubles with the bus...
- Okie... Listen up! You take my camera and say nothing... Got it? Hang the camera on your neck... That's good...
Now we go to the hotel...
- Thanks you were waiting for me, man... Wait a second... I hardly can breathe...
And we entered the hotel...

Inside some man from hotel's security walked to us...
- Good afternoon... How can I help you?
- 'Only Rock'... To the press conference with Iron Maiden...
- May I see your press ID?
- Sure... Here you are... This man is with me - he will be taking pictures...
- I see... Thank you... This way, gentlemen... Follow me, please...
And he showed us the way to the conference room...
In front of the room was standing another man...

- Could you open your bags, please? Any audio-video recording equipment?
- None... We have just this camera...
- Thank you... You may go inside...

As we both seated, gave back the camera to Jack... I WAS INSIDE!!!! :-D:-D:-D
There was big room with full of seats, table, two chairs and hi-fi system on the floor...
Was wondering about that - yet didn't want to disturb Jack, so sat quiet like one brown mouse :-D
Later on some man came in with some equipment and began to install it...
I was so much curious, so whispered to Jack...
- What's that for? For Maiden?
- No LOL I guess it's some scrambling system... Nobody can record anything when the system is on...
- Ah, I see...
Next came some nice lady from EMI Poland... She gave us the details of the new album and showed us a bit of the cover (not the whole one - for obvious reasons ;-))
Told its gonna be called 'Virtual XI' and the idea is about football and the World Cup gonna be soon in France...
Next she put out some CD-R (you can see this CD-R on the pic, gals & guys :-D) and said that we gonna be listening the whole album...
(me almost dead!!! Thought: is that happening for real or just a dream, anyway??? If yes - not want to wake up just yet :-D
I even not dreamt that I would have the chance to listen the new album a few months before it gonna be availabe in shops, actually!!!!)

- I will meet with you for about an hour... Then will be time for conference with Mr. Blaze Bayley and Mr. Janick Gers of Iron Maiden...
After that they will be signing items and posing for pictures... In the meantime - Please enjoy the music!
Walked to the stereo on the floor, played the CD, smiled to us and left the room...

Witkacy
09-07-2017, 11:32 PM
Couple minutes after listening, the door opened, we heard loud 'heeeyyy!!!' and THEY entered the room with the lady...
The conference has started... Questions about the new album, the forthcoming tour and the gig in Poland...
Unfortunately I can't remember exact questions and answers now... Just enjoyed the moment then LOL

When conference was over - lady said it's time for signing stuff and taking pictures...
Almost everyone of journalists rushed toward their table pushing one another that hard, Maiden's glasses with water almost fell on the floor :-(
In some moment I thought that if they won't have enough room or air to breath - piss off themselves and walk away...
Being just 170 cm of height not like to push myself through being shy, and not like being pushed either...
Anyway... Somehow managed to get near the table and give my booklet to sign... Being still in one piece...
Said hello and kindly asked for signing... Jack shouted at me to watch to the camera for pic - yet I couldn't turn myself LOL

When got booklet signed, moved back a bit as others were pushing me away... Jack said he shot one pic of me and Blaze - yet not sure if its gonna be good LOL
I wished to have a pic with Jan as well, yet it was impossible to reach him :-( So many persons crushed themselves in front of the table :-(
Jack said - just go there, near Janick... I will shot another pic for you :-D
- Yeah, easy to say, but how??? :-( You're big man, I am NOT :-(

Then some idea came to my mind and said to Jack:
- I would like to have a pic with Jan - and I WILL get it!
Could you keep my booklet for a while to be safe? Thank you :-D

Got as near table as I could, then said 'Excuse me', fell on my knees, onto the carpet and began to crawl under the table - to come out right before sitting Janick...

- Jan! Could I have a photo with you, please? :-D
- Sure... 0.0

Later on when the signing and taking pics was over and everybody got what they asked - most of journalists just left...
Yet the boys not left just yet - probably having some more time for us, according to schedule... So started to talk with those who didn't leave...
Jack wished to leave as well, me - not!!! Yet then Jan come to me (me - panic!!! LOL Jack - will wait outside for you...) and asked:

- Mate, what kind of newspaper you representing? :-)
- None... I am just a fan of yours...
- How come? So how you get here?

And I told Jan the story - well not that long, with all details...
When I finished - Jan started to laugh and coudn't stop for a while LOL LOL

- Man... YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY CRAZY, you know that? LOL LOL
- Why thank you, Jan! LOL LOL
Then I thanked him for coming, for having great time today... And simply for that they ARE...
Giving me and all other fans around the world so much joy with their music...
Jan wished me good luck - we shook hands, I came outside to Jack, got my things and back home - being all the way in deep shock...

druid138
09-07-2017, 11:43 PM
< moved post down in thread >

Witkacy
09-07-2017, 11:46 PM
Then what's happen next... Needless to say that I was so happy of meeting them and listening the new album that I couldn't focus myself on anything else than Maiden LOL
I failed the exam... My economy professor wasn't very pleased while reading the results couple days later... Remember that before everyone's left, she stopped me, putting her hand on my arm and looked deep into my eyes...
- We need to talk, I guess? Wait for me outside, OK?
- Sure, Lusia (she asked that every students called her per name, NOT "professor", or "Mrs" - to make things more simple)
As for her look: not being tall, delicate woman, aged over 40, with nice attitude to everyone, seemed constantly shy and not knowing exactly where she is (but you could be very wrong when it came to the questions about economy though LOL ) being recognized at once thanks to huuuuuge plait she had... Up to her bottom... Really amazing :-D

Waited for her, as she asked...

- Let's take some walk and smoke, shall we? And she smiled :-)

Both started to walk a bit, then sat on one bench in front of university...
Felt not very well, knowing I screwed up the exam... Kinda bad, cause really liked Lusia, not missed any of her lectures and having one of the best marks in my group :-(

- Thought you like economy, Witunio :-) Being glad you chose my lectures instead drinking some pints in the pub with your pals... Having good marks either, being bright... Recognized your handwriting and so your name, but had the feeling that what I read was written by someone else, not you... Everything was wrong... I checked your cases twice... What happened with you? Fell in love? Writing having hangover? Smoked some stuff?
What's your story? What I should do with you? Tell me...
- I know, Lusia... I AM sorry :-( As for the story... There's not much to tell... It's because Iron Maiden :-)

She smiled once again and said:
- I have to say that I hear such an excuse for the first time :-) What about them? You made me curious... You got ten minutes and I would like to hear the story how Iron Maiden made people fail their exams, okie? ;-) Let's smoke a cigarette and the floor is yours, Witunio :-)

So we both smoked and I told Lusia my story, though skipped the names - just said I've met vocalist and so guitarist of Maiden, not bothering her with such details...
When I finished she was laughing very much...

- You ARE unbelievable, Witunio! LOL You have amused me very much! LOL LOL LOL Always KNEW that I have crazy students, but you beat them all up! LOL At least you have the pictures, eh? So I guess IT WAS worth anyway? LOL
You could show me the pics while you got them, please? Not that I am checking you out - no, I believe you, no-one would bother to tell such crazy fairy-tale LOL I am just curious :-) By the way... What you gonna do in next thursday from now on, at about 13.00?

- Dunno yet... Anything interesting gonna happen? And where it suppose to be?
- Here... No, not quite... Rather boring LOL but thought you might be interested anyway ;-) I will have an economy exam with another group of students... That's an invitation... Shall I expect you here then? ;-)
- THANK YOU, LUSIA for giving me another chance!!! :-D
- So we are set then... Let's go back inside... You have one week... Just look over your own jottings, okie? Already seen them - half of group already has your jottings copied LOL Very nice ones - made on the computer... With that familiar sign on the top corner of each page (it was old Derek Riggs logo LOL ) and so "copyright by Witunio" next to it :-) There won't be anything more than I told you during lectures... Take care... See you next week :-)

One week has passed and I met with Lusia again...

Before the exam started, I met her in a smoking-room...

- I am glad that you came, Witunio :-) Are you ready? ;-)
And whispered to my ear: I hope that you haven't met any musicians lately? LOL

- Yes... And no... I haven't LOL

Wrote all the cases during exam and give it back to Lusia few minutes before time was up... Later on all the students (except me though ;-)) crowded next to her wishing to know the proper answers for cases and so questions... And when there will be some results announced...
She was smiling and laughing:

- Easy, dearies, easy... I know that you all very much like me - but there's no need to push all of you towards me, OK? LOL
Give me some days - I'll check your exams and announce results on the board as usual...

Everyone left at last - I stayed...

- Lusia... I know that the break soon be over, but if you could just look on my cases - I would be much more calm... Please...
- OK, but just one look ;-)

After a while she found my exam, took a look on the first page... - Looks promising and she smiled - don't worry, okie? ;-)
- Thank you and have a nice day :-)

While I was at the door and supposed to leave she called me:

- Witunio... Wait... She wrote something on paper... This is the number of my private cellphone... Usually I am NOT giving it to anyone - yet for you made an exception... Remember it and not write anywhere and so not give to anyone as well, please... Or my private life will be over LOL
- Thank you very much, Lusia... Well... I don't know if I can... I wouldn't like to disturb you, you know...
- It's OK... Call me tomorrow, okie? I'll check your cases as the first one... Have a nice day as well... We'll see soon again - I guess you would like to get my autograph in your index and some mark, right? ;-)
- Would be nice, indeed :-)
- Okie... So you're free now... Take care :-)

So I called to Lusia as she wished and it turned out that I've got 4+ :-D (the gradation of marks as follows: 2 - failed, 3 - poor, 4 - good, 5 - very good and +/- used, so 4+ was very good mark indeed, close to the best one - 5 ;-))
Lusia told me when she will be at the university, to catch her there and get the entry in the index and so discuss the exam as well...
Before I got there, I popped up to the florist's to buy one red rose and being very glad went to search for Lusia...

She was discussing the results of the exam individually with every student and it usually took 10 minutes, sometimes longer... She told what you've done wrong and get the mark into the index... I waited for my turn, then entered...
- Ah, Witunio :-) Please, come in and have a sit :-)
- Good afternoon, Lusia :-) But first I would like to give you this little something and apologize I grated on your nerves :-o
- Thank you very much! :-D You shouldn't, really :-o That's so sweet of you!

- I think you have enough economy for a short while, right? Or being interested what you've done wrong, afterall? ;-)
- No, not really, Lusia, to be honest... Being happy of my mark and kinda sad it's over on the other side... It would be cool to have some other lectures with you...
- At least some enjoed them... Nice to hear! LOL I dunno if I will be having any other lectures with you folks later on... But despite if we'll meet again in the future or not I would like to tell that you were one of the best groups I had so far, with some beloved students - like you, Witunio :-D
Always liked you since I saw you for the first time on my lectures :-) I dunno why but very much like men with long hair LOL You being very special cause just you having long hair in your group... So I turned my attention on you since the very start LOL You might not remember that but I do remember you being on my lectures in leather jacket and Led Zeppelin t-shirt once at the very beginning... I thought to myself: "Point for him - at least listening good music... If turn out that he as bright as having good musical taste I will very much like him..." So you DID :-D
- Speaking of musical tastes... Already have these pics of the meeting... You might be take a look at them if you wish ;-)
- Sure! Show me, please :-)
So I did... Lusia looked over the pics and said after a while...
- Cool! :-D Really cool! But who are these guys anyway?
- Iron Maiden?
- These guys are off Iron Maiden? Strange... Where's Dickinson? And the blonde guitarist you told me - I thought it's about.... I guess the guy's name was Murray, right?

This time I looked kinda stupid and confused LOL

- But... But How come? You DO know Iron Maiden, Lusia? :-D
- Of course I know them, sweetie! :-D I was at their Warsaw's gigs in 1984 and then 1986... Later on somehow not listened much music and stopped following what's going on due to lack of time...
- These are new guys... Blaze Bayley on vocals and Janick Gers on guitars... Murray still there, yet Dickinson and Smith have left some years ago...
- Well... Pitty... And I guess we could be talking till late night here then LOL Thanks for the nice chat and educating me a bit - it seems that even Lusia doesn't know everything, eh? LOL
Happy to know you Witunio... Keep it up! :-D Congrats of passing economy exam and I wish you further sucesses during your studies... Then she came to me, shook my hand and asked to call another student waiting by the door...

So... That's the story... It turned out that thanks to Maiden I knew another Maiden fan - that one I should never expect being LOL And the moral of the story that listening to Maiden not always being helpful during studies, eh? LOL

That would be all from me now - take care gals & guys!

Cheers,

W

druid138
09-07-2017, 11:58 PM
Great story, man! It goes to show that a lot of the time, we make our own "luck" by being open to amazing opportunities and never giving up along the way. I hope you stick around and keep posting these kinds of things!

Jofer16
09-08-2017, 12:15 AM
Yeah this thread confirms the community > this broke game. Sad they take advantage of that. Got my closest in transformers minus the soldiers that quit all together, so the struggle was worth it lol There are more rewarding avenues than a team that exploits loyal fans for their love of $$.

Godspeed Wit, for all your contributions, Miigwech!

Witkacy
09-08-2017, 12:43 AM
Yeah this thread confirms the community > this broke game. Sad they take advantage of that. Got my closest in transformers minus the soldiers that quit all together, so the struggle was worth it lol There are more rewarding avenues than a team that exploits loyal fans for their love of $$.

Godspeed Wit, for all your contributions, Miigwech!

Jofer :)

Very true and to the point... as always ;) First I've concluded that the game is NOT worth my money (considering it's still very faulty product), though I do donated the devs with some payments from time to time (which now I regret, to be honest - seeing where it all goes)... And now I find that is even not worth my time... Like it or not - we all have just one life to live and and don't want to wake up someday with experience that I've wasted some part of it on things being just rubbish... Now I just take my time and enjoy reading good books over mug of good coffee - perfect combination of something good for the body and for the soul either...

Thank you kindly for the wishes - there was a time I'd wish to be as good as you - now it won't happen too soon (or never LOL) I guess, cause dropped playing... And so changed my priorities and attitude... Sad to say - yet I've just discovered that not everything with familliar shaped white-red letters is as best as it should be...

All the best,

Cheers,

W

Jofer16
09-08-2017, 12:48 AM
Jofer :)

Very true and to the point... as always ;) First I've concluded that the game is NOT worth my money (considering it's still very faulty product), though I do donated the devs with some payments from time to time (which now I regret, to be honest - seeing where it all goes)... And now I find that is even not worth my time... Like it or not - we all have just one life to live and and don't want to wake up someday with experience that I've wasted some part of it on things being just rubbish... Now I just take my time and enjoy reading good books over mug of good coffee - perfect combination of something good for the body and for the soul either...

Thank you kindly for the wishes - there was a time I'd wish to be as good as you - now it won't happen too soon (or never LOL) I guess, cause dropped playing... And so changed my priorities and attitude... Sad to say - yet I've just discovered that not everything with familliar shaped white-red letters is as best as it should be...

All the best,

Cheers,

W

Agree 100% Let me know if you run out of good books to read, I got a couple shelves full so plenty of recommendations:)

Witkacy
09-08-2017, 01:26 AM
Agree 100% Let me know if you run out of good books to read, I got a couple shelves full so plenty of recommendations:)

Sure! Thanks!

Some was told in the past about me - that I am not reading the books - I am ''eating'' them!
As for the books - someday I've reached the point that couldn't store anymore of them due to lack of space - so I gifted the local library for some nominal amount of money... Simply had to choose: CDs, Vinyls and all the stuff vs. books - hard choice, really... Yet I found the compromise sollution - left the records, bought yourself a reader - and I am very pleased - all the time have all my books by the hand, the reader is small, so convenient to carry eveywhere and with additional memory of 32 GB SD card can hold A LOT of books... So far I have 876 of them - so I guess I'll be busy for some time :D

Jofer16
09-08-2017, 01:54 AM
Sure! Thanks!

Some was told in the past about me - that I am not reading the books - I am ''eating'' them!
As for the books - someday I've reached the point that couldn't store anymore of them due to lack of space - so I gifted the local library for some nominal amount of money... Simply had to choose: CDs, Vinyls and all the stuff vs. books - hard choice, really... Yet I found the compromise sollution - left the records, bought yourself a reader - and I am very pleased - all the time have all my books by the hand, the reader is small, so convenient to carry eveywhere and with additional memory of 32 GB SD card can hold A LOT of books... So far I have 876 of them - so I guess I'll be busy for some time :D

Same here lol Read Stephen Kings It when I was like 12 years old, 1000+ pages...

PerthEddie
09-08-2017, 12:41 PM
What a fantastic story Wit. I enjoyed reading that. Thanks for sharing :)