PDA

View Full Version : Question to the top players

Andrew-4345
09-07-2017, 06:27 PM
Out of pure morbid curiousity....how much do you spend a week to go for the top tiers (king and eternal) in pvp week in week out? Ive been tempted once or twice to try and finish in the top 100 but the best I've managed (with the small pool of toons I have) is 198 and that took far more effort than I was willing to give again.

Just got me thinking seeing the same names up top every week - how do you do it?

zamasu
09-07-2017, 06:38 PM
Top 100 is fairly easy without spending anything on ironite.

The trick is to attack only those who are above you in ranking. That way you earn 16-20 points per battle. I don't know how what characters you have, but if you can win 90%+ of your battles, you should be able to rank in top 100 fairly easy.

I usually rank top 50 and probably just spend between 0-120 ironite in refills. top 25 and 10 get pretty rough in the final hours of the week and you have to keep winning battles constantly to keep those places, that means refills.

I have never run for eternal or king because I can't play during the final hours of the week

Patrice-1201
09-07-2017, 06:44 PM
Top 100 is fairly easy without spending anything on ironite.

The trick is to attack only those who are above you in ranking. That way you earn 16-20 points per battle. I don't know how what characters you have, but if you can win 90%+ of your battles, you should be able to rank in top 100 fairly easy.

I usually rank top 50 and probably just spend between 0-120 ironite in refills. top 25 and 10 get pretty rough in the final hours of the week and you have to keep winning battles constantly to keep those places, that means refills.

I have never run for eternal or king because I can't play during the final hours of the week

I agree with Zamasu 100%

Bradata
09-07-2017, 06:44 PM
Approximately 2-4 refills a day for me, you do the math ;)

Amarthir
09-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Interesting thread, I myself have gotten as far as 337 in ranking but haven't quite been able to crack through, I'll take your advice and will work only on those above me from now on and see where it takes me. But if you have more points than your current attack list, wouldn't you be spending ironite to reset it?

Mariner-1212
09-07-2017, 07:03 PM
Just a sidenote - if you're trying to keep ironite refills to a minimum, you could collect the SoW in daily challenges and skip a week to build up reserves (only playing the one daily battle for the daily achievement)... I think you land somewhere in the 50-60 a week range just from those.

zamasu
09-07-2017, 07:05 PM
Interesting thread, I myself have gotten as far as 337 in ranking but haven't quite been able to crack through, I'll take your advice and will work only on those above me from now on and see where it takes me. But if you have more points than your current attack list, wouldn't you be spending ironite to reset it?

Nope, you can refresh the list every 30 minutes. The trick is that you have to play throughout the whole day. It shouldn't be that many, like 2-4 battles at the most which can be done in 5 minutes

R1ck
09-07-2017, 07:05 PM
It depends on the toons you have to keep pace during the week and as zamasu said, fight the ones above you. Been top 25 last 4 or 5 weeks playing only my free SoW and only use one refill on Saturday to catch up because cannot play much on Saturdays.

Tridimensionale
09-07-2017, 07:30 PM
There are some key-toons that help attack % if your goal is top 100 or above.. i would say at least one good removal (wrath, mcr, red buzz or nbol) & at least one resurrector (gcr, clairvoyant, pharaoh, vhe ecc)

Amarthir
09-07-2017, 07:58 PM
I'm going back to tinkering with what I have to use, so far I'm sort of improvising with my SSD and Red Buzz since they're two popular characters, only I'm missing one strike talisman to give them both sets so I'm using explosive on SSD as a temporary replacement. It seems that the drain life perk on those talismans works when SSD takes too much damage from taunted foes, as he'll replenish some of what he lost. It's slightly more difficult because neither of the two have been sharded yet but I went me vs. me with my new set up, and even though I went first, I got wrecked. Actually the ai pulled their fury twice on me because of the guard talismans, so it looks like I'm onto a good start. But in my first real test run, things didn't go as well, but then I caught the game hang and then the emulator crashed so I'm taking a break.
On a side note, I actually play the game at around 240p resolution and I still get choppy frames whenever I'm in BNW or PvP, probably just my laptop

Andrew-4345
09-07-2017, 09:33 PM
Thank you for the tips but it's not something I'd have the energy for, happy to farm my coins and get out of there. Too much effort required for me (unless I had a fully sharded VH/Wrath/SSD/WUR in which case let's go!) Case in point - went out for a meal tonight so offline for about 3 hours. In that time I dropped from 140ish (was 80 beginning of day) to 694. Only 3 revenge so not been played against much just everyone else is busy at it. And the daily reset is about 1am where I am no way I'm playing then.

I'm just interested in the drive behind it, if it is a lot of effort with a lot of cost why do it etc? Not to have a go at anyone - far from it, I used to play Hearthstone and stopped because I was spending silly money on it at the end - but on one hand I see (and agree with) a huge number of posts bemoaning the game in it's bugged state and boring/repetitive nature and yet the same people MUST be sinking significant money to get that far and stay ahead of the competition.

ixi
10-24-2017, 11:12 AM
SSD i WUR means what?

PerthEddie
10-24-2017, 11:19 AM
SSD i WUR means what?

Sentinel Souless Demon and Warrior Undead Rescuer

satani
10-24-2017, 11:54 AM
There are some key-toons that help attack % if your goal is top 100 or above.. i would say at least one good removal (wrath, mcr, red buzz or nbol) & at least one resurrector (gcr, clairvoyant, pharaoh, vhe ecc)

Well, not only are some good removers/revivers esswntial, but a good talisman combo is also effective.
Pair a sentinel or assassin valkyre with counter talismans and they are deadly. if you can combine both, it's pretty sick. I even sorted out my clairvoyant and gcr for these two and went full offense with my rainmaker.
At best, try to include all 3 shield talismans (void, thorn and cyclone) in your team and once all 3 are on, the enemy literally kills himself.
Plus, when fighting, i try to avoid prisoners and blockers (i don't mind taunters as green valkyre neutralizes them)
So i managed to reach top 100 by now.