PDA

View Full Version : Gunner Golden Son Festival

Amarthir
09-11-2017, 08:53 PM
And so the time comes yet again to have yet another Character Fragment Event. This time we have a Gunner character to work for, which is interesting. I've decided to set up a little goal for myself, a heavy goal, no doubt, but it would at least make this event interesting for me. I want to get enough GGS's to make 2 Exalted and 1 Ultimate Sacrifice. That means I'm setting myself up for 20 souls, 10 (Fully Sharded[Only 4 needed each]) for an Ultimate, and 2 pairs of 5 for two Exalted, (One skill shard each, or rather 12 souls, and 6 for each Exalted without shards.)

I've saved almost 400 ironite since last week when we had the premature Undead Rescuer event, so it may be possible to pick up at least 10 or more souls if RNG is good to me at all. Grinding will be a cake walk because of my blue undead rescuer and his Curse passive. The only thing I must worry about is going to be the RNG.

Anyone else have a goal set in mind or will you just participate for one and done?

druid138
09-11-2017, 09:25 PM
I admire and am inspired by your ambition! I usually aim for 3 Souls in these events, but it will depend on the details of this one. For instance, how many hours will it run, and which LoL colors will it span?

kkkreg5
09-12-2017, 01:01 AM
Hold on to your skill shards. You won't be able to buy them with badges as often anymore. They say you will be able to buy them more often in the arena store, but that's only if you play PVP enough...

Amarthir
09-12-2017, 01:58 AM
Hold on to your skill shards. You won't be able to buy them with badges as often anymore. They say you will be able to buy them more often in the arena store, but that's only if you play PVP enough...

Yeah they also said you can get a couple with gold soon too, so I'll see about changing up some numbers. I'm on a gold shortage because I thought I'd be able to buy all the character slots. I was wrong lol and I dropped millions in gold to get 155 slots. Since I only managed one or two with trooper points a week anyways I don't see it affecting me personally as much as it would someone with lots of trooper points.

JJJ428
09-12-2017, 02:12 AM
Can see anyone who has 100K trooper points I would blow them all on skill shards now while you can.

druid138
09-12-2017, 02:37 AM
Can see anyone who has 100K trooper points I would blow them all on skill shards now while you can.

Yes, I was wondering about that. I'm at about 90K, in case any new expensive deals come out. But, now I'm thinking I should just spend them all on skill shards.

kkkreg5
09-12-2017, 02:51 AM

It seems pretty clear that NF does not want us to hoard resources. Use, use, use = spend, spend, spend...

Dank Brew
09-12-2017, 04:52 PM

Hi guys,

[LIST=1]
We are in the process of looking at speeding up the use of Troopers, and of playing quests in general, which will increase the speed and ease of earning Trooper Badges.

There are more items coming to the Trooper shop within the next few months, including the long heralded Trooper Soul. Our current plan is to offer a one-time, high cost Trooper Soul as well as the farmable weekly fragment option. The price has not been finalized for this Soul, but generally speaking it should not exceed the cost of using 50 troopers over a 5 week period (i.e. between 40K-to-50K Badges) though this is tentative and could change. In regards to how much heads up you'll have about when to start saving up, we are also going to start advertising what events are planned for the month in the News Feed to give people a better idea of what's to come. In theory, by the time we announce the release of this soul, you should have enough time to save up for at least one pull or at least dramatically shorten the time it will take for it.

-Kaz

Maybe not... I'm gonna keep hoarding just in case. You guys all know how two faced this company is... spend all your shit on this current event (but there's another one in two days, mwahahaha give us your paycheck bitch.)

Amarthir
09-12-2017, 06:20 PM
Maybe not... I'm gonna keep hoarding just in case. You guys all know how two faced this company is... spend all your shit on this current event (but there's another one in two days, mwahahaha give us your paycheck bitch.)

Haha good one, I'd accept a faster way of getting trooper points, and if they'll be advertising more events in the news feed which gives us more time to plan ahead, then I could be okay with this. But I'll certainly be saving my trooper points from now on for the mentioned trooper soul. That way I won't get on the list of people having a tough time getting it. After all, the Trooper was the song that introduced me to Iron Maiden when I saw them perform it live on TV a few years ago, Bruce came out waving the flag around and I thought it was just the coolest thing ever.

Dank Brew
09-12-2017, 06:46 PM
Haha good one, I'd accept a faster way of getting trooper points, and if they'll be advertising more events in the news feed which gives us more time to plan ahead, then I could be okay with this. But I'll certainly be saving my trooper points from now on for the mentioned trooper soul. That way I won't get on the list of people having a tough time getting it. After all, the Trooper was the song that introduced me to Iron Maiden when I saw them perform it live on TV a few years ago, Bruce came out waving the flag around and I thought it was just the coolest thing ever.

What an awesome way to be introduced to the band! The first song I heard was hallowed be thy name, it was in a skate video (welcome to hell), still one of my favorite videos of all time! I was instantly hooked on maiden and the trooper has been tattooed on my leg for 10 years now, still looks new haha. I can't wait til I have some more money so I can have him add to it, gonna have him on top of a mountain with dead corpses below him with a crazy red sky.

Amarthir
09-12-2017, 07:16 PM
What an awesome way to be introduced to the band! The first song I heard was hallowed be thy name, it was in a skate video (welcome to hell), still one of my favorite videos of all time! I was instantly hooked on maiden and the trooper has been tattooed on my leg for 10 years now, still looks new haha. I can't wait til I have some more money so I can have him add to it, gonna have him on top of a mountain with dead corpses below him with a crazy red sky.

That sounds awesome. Yeah due to lack of cash I haven't been able to buy any music since then but around the beginning of the year, (Actually about the same time I began this game too) my sister gave me a copy of Ed Hunter so I definitely got my fix for now.

Dank Brew
09-12-2017, 07:28 PM
Thank god for spotify and youtube lol

MrFreeze
09-12-2017, 10:49 PM

Yep, Jamie Thomas. There was so much good music in old skate videos. For pretty much everything I listen to, I have skateboarding to thank.

Although I was already listening to them at the time, plan b questionable, was the first video I saw that used Iron Maiden.

Jerry_LOTB
09-12-2017, 10:56 PM
Yep, Jamie Thomas. There was so much good music in old skate videos. For pretty much everything I listen to, I have skateboarding to thank.

Although I was already listening to them at the time, plan b questionable, was the first video I saw that used Iron Maiden.

Pretty sure that Colin McKay part in Questionable was the first one to use Iron Maiden. And more recently, Vincent Alvarez skates to The Trooper in the new Lakai's "The Flare."

Jofer16
09-12-2017, 11:33 PM

Yep, I'll agree, pretty cool way to get introduced! I was the same way, but mine was much longer than a few years ago haha Big bro handed me the Piece of Mind cassette tape as a little kid and it was on. Guess that's why I have the sig I do :)

Jofer16
09-12-2017, 11:35 PM
Pretty sure that Colin McKay part in Questionable was the first one to use Iron Maiden. And more recently, Vincent Alvarez skates to The Trooper in the new Lakai's "The Flare."

Skate vids always have the best music, great way to find new tunes.

I have a Jerry in my Trooper list, is that you? haha

MrFreeze
09-12-2017, 11:38 PM

I haven't seen that one yet, I'll have to check it out. I don't keep up like I used to. I'm over 40 now, the board mostly just hangs out in the trunk of my car.

Saigrim
09-12-2017, 11:50 PM
It seems pretty clear that NF does not want us to hoard resources. Use, use, use = spend, spend, spend...

Well, I have amassed large quantities of all resources. The only time NF will ever see another dime from me is if I acquire one of the Eddies I don't have through normal avenues, the Clairvoyant (which I just got fucked out of again with a dupe) which sucks because I can't stand goddamn PVP and I have to force myself to do it for the weekly shards, or if I pull the incoming Trooper on the first try with the special big purchase soul. So tired of these guys antics to force everyone to the store. Doesn't work on me, but apparently it works on a lot of them. And don't take me wrong, I know they need to make money and I've spent a fair share, but only because I was in a good mood due to drops are something generous on their end. I think either way my first Trooper soul goes I'll be happy, because either I'll have him, or I'll drop the whole mess of my toons down the shit well and uninstall. So yeah, win win either way.

Jerry_LOTB
09-13-2017, 12:00 AM
Skate vids always have the best music, great way to find new tunes.

I have a Jerry in my Trooper list, is that you? haha

Nope, not me!

Amarthir
09-13-2017, 12:13 AM
So I pulled two souls so far and I'm about halfway into my third soul but I capped off a legendary soul from fragments and guess what I got? Another Gunner Golden Son :rolleyes: wow. it's. like. they're. helping. me. reach. my. goal. or. something.

still saves me some time and brings me a bit closer so that's cool.

Dank Brew
09-13-2017, 06:58 PM
Pretty excited to see there is other skaters here. I wish I got to skate more than once a week (If even...). Used to be every day.

The funny thing about music in skate videos... Sometimes it's a song you've heard a thousand times, and never even liked it. If it's a good skate part, that song will forever be a favorite: completely changing your view and opinion on the song. Pretty powerful if you ask me.

druid138
09-13-2017, 07:09 PM
Now I'm getting really nostalgic, with all this skate talk. It was a short-lived phase for me about 30 years ago, but I have great memories. I can still remember walking in to buy my first "good" board (which now almost sounds like a LotB character):

(f'n) Vision Gator (https://www.nativeskatestore.co.uk/skateboards-c7/skateboard-decks-c23/vision-skateboards-gator-2-reissue-modern-concave-orange-stain-skateboard-deck-10-0-p27900) (link is to a re-issue)

I always wanted a Powell Peralta Caballero, and I still regret never getting one.

Dank Brew
09-13-2017, 07:11 PM
Btw, got one soul so far.... I am only getting increments of 5 now. FFS, I was hoping to get more than 2 but at this rate I won't get more than 2. I should have started farming BNW again once I got the first soul...

Dank Brew
09-13-2017, 07:14 PM
Now I'm getting really nostalgic, with all this skate talk. It was a short-lived phase for me about 30 years ago, but I have great memories. I can still remember my first "good" board (which now almost sounds like a LotB character):

(f'n) Vision Gator (https://www.nativeskatestore.co.uk/skateboards-c7/skateboard-decks-c23/vision-skateboards-gator-2-reissue-modern-concave-orange-stain-skateboard-deck-10-0-p27900) (link is to a re-issue)

I always wanted a Powell Peralta Caballero, and I still regret never getting one.

Dude! I have the movie about him "stoked" - awesome that was your first board. He is still in prison though, I think.

And for Caballero... I always get the half cab shoes, best skate shoes ever.

druid138
09-13-2017, 07:18 PM
Dude! I have the movie about him "stoked" - awesome that was your first board. He is still in prison though, I think.

And for Caballero... I always get the half cab shoes, best skate shoes ever.

Holy crap! I had no idea what you were talking about regarding prison. So, I just looked up Rogowski, and I'm horrified. That definitely puts a damper on my good memories. I should have got the Caballero, I guess!

Dank Brew
09-13-2017, 07:33 PM
Holy crap! I had no idea what you were talking about regarding prison. So, I just looked up Rogowski, and I'm horrified. That definitely puts a damper on my good memories. I should have got the Caballero, I guess!

Yeah man, it's some terrible stuff huh... I'd recommend the movie stoked the rise and fall of gator

Jofer16
09-13-2017, 08:44 PM
Check out this documentary too if you guys haven't seen it, about the Pappas brothers. It's on Netflix if you have it. One of my favorite documentaries period, even outside of skateboarding. Although it really made me despise Tony Hawk.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2938416/

druid138
09-13-2017, 08:51 PM
Check out this documentary too if you guys haven't seen it, about the Pappas brothers. It's on Netflix if you have it. One of my favorite documentaries period, even outside of skateboarding.

Sweet, thanks for the recommendation! I'll check it out. Interesting about Tony Hawk. For some reason, that guy never resonated with me. I appreciate the talent, but I was never a big fan. Though, it could have just been me trying to go against the grain, since everyone seemed to love him. That was part of what drove my Caballero interest - an alternative, less-popular Powell option at the time.

Jofer16
09-13-2017, 08:57 PM
Sweet, thanks for the recommendation! I'll check it out. Interesting about Tony Hawk. For some reason, that guy never resonated with me. I appreciate the talent, but I was never a big fan. Though, it could have just been me trying to go against the grain, since everyone seemed to love him. That was part of what drove my Caballero interest - an alternative, less-popular Powell option at the time.

You'll love this doc then :)

MrFreeze
09-13-2017, 09:16 PM
Now I'm getting really nostalgic, with all this skate talk. It was a short-lived phase for me about 30 years ago, but I have great memories. I can still remember walking in to buy my first "good" board (which now almost sounds like a LotB character):

A Bonite Cab was my first board. Christmas of 87. I've still got it.

I wish I'd kept all those world industries boards I had during the early 90s. Some of those things are worth a ton a money now. I burned them all at a party in the mid-late 90s. Along with about ten Hensleys. I really regret that. Not as much as Gator probably regrets killing his girlfriend and stuffing her in a snowboard bag, but I still regret it.

druid138
09-13-2017, 09:31 PM
A Bonite Cab was my first board. Christmas of 87. I've still got it.

Nice! That's about the time period I was into it. Wanna share a pic? I wonder if it's the same board I was coveting.

druid138
09-13-2017, 09:55 PM
So, now I've got this skate bug . . . Thinking about giving it another shot, 30 years later. First, am I crazy? Second, if not, any tips or info resources you could share? I'm sure some things are the same, but I'm guessing a lot of things are different now.

MrFreeze
09-13-2017, 10:08 PM
So, now I've got this skate bug . . . Thinking about giving it another shot, 30 years later. First, am I crazy? Second, if not, any tips or info resources you could share? I'm sure some things are the same, but I'm guessing a lot of things are different now.

I was wrong, it was 86 actually. For some reason it keeps failing when I try to upload a pic. I'll see if I can PM it. As far as starting up again goes...well, falling hurts a lot more the older you get. I broke my wrist a few years ago at the age of 40. Ruined my golf game and made life miserable for a while. That pretty much did it for me. With my current job, I can't afford injuries like that anymore. On a rare occasion I might be tempted to cruise around a bit, but tricks are for kids.

Edit: doesn't seem like I can upload into a pm. It's the one with the dragon in the middle surrounded by all the little bats. It's got a signed Natas sticker on it still too.

Dank Brew
09-14-2017, 05:31 PM

The best advice I can give is take it slow. Lol that's a long time and your body will be a lot different. There are skateparks everywhere now, so it shouldn't be an issue to find something cool not too far (unless you live in the middle of no where haha)

For the most part it's still the same other than board sizes and shapes, however you can still find some old school boards if you look hard enough.

Jerry_LOTB
09-14-2017, 05:48 PM
I see that you're from the Pacific Northwest, druid138, and in my experiences out there, there are tons of great skateparks all over the place with varying degrees of difficulty. I agree that you should definitely take it slow at first, even though it may be tough to hold back at times (but your body will thank you). Lots of new board companies are making old school/cruiser shapes these days, too, so it shouldn't be difficult to find one.

Dank Brew
09-14-2017, 05:53 PM
Didn't even notice his location... Yeah, if you're in Oregon... You've got skateparks galore.

druid138
09-14-2017, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the great feedback! I would definitely be in it more for the cruising than the tricks. Yeah, I'm in Oregon, so it sounds like I've got some good options nearby.

Board sizes and shapes are different now, huh? I didn't realize that.

I'm liking this (https://powell-peralta.com/powell-peralta-steve-caballero-chinese-dragon-deck-10-x-30-9468) one.

MrFreeze
09-14-2017, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the great feedback! I would definitely be in it more for the cruising than the tricks. Yeah, I'm in Oregon, so it sounds like I've got some good options nearby.

Board sizes and shapes are different now, huh? I didn't realize that.

I'm liking this (https://powell-peralta.com/powell-peralta-steve-caballero-chinese-dragon-deck-10-x-30-9468) one.

If your just looking to cruise around, pretty much anything would work. I would strongly recommend heading to your local skate shop to make the purchase rather than buying online. Not only can you stand on the decks to see how they feel, but it's important to support those guys. Most shop owners do a lot to help out the local scene. They deserve the money more than some online corporate hacks.