PDA

View Full Version : PvP Week "Who Knows"

Nicko
09-17-2017, 05:16 PM
Congrats to Caliza on Eternal.

I played sporadically this week as I knew I couldn't play the last few hours yesterday, and really don't have anything to comment on. I still wanted to start a thread as I'm sure some will want to discuss the arena.

Awaiting the update as meta changes at least seem to compensate for lack of new content in terms of new challenges.

But have to mention - I drew my 5th Wrath today! Now ready to take on Jofer's Beelze squad in LotB BBall!

Jofer16
09-17-2017, 05:25 PM
Haha! Unfortunately there now stands only one, combined to form Beezltron!

Nicko
09-17-2017, 05:27 PM
Well then I guess it's Beelzetron vs Wrathazoid in LotB UFC ;)

Jofer16
09-17-2017, 05:32 PM
Well then I guess it's Beelzetron vs Wrathazoid in LotB UFC ;)

Preparing...

Who can name this movie? haha

OdoyleRules
09-17-2017, 05:38 PM
That would be Kickboxer.

Preparing...

Tridimensionale
09-17-2017, 05:39 PM
Preparing...

Kickboxer '89

Jofer16
09-17-2017, 05:41 PM
Ding ding ding! Figures a trooper from mn would get it haha :) Thanks for not dropping me btw!

OdoyleRules
09-17-2017, 05:47 PM
Ding ding ding! Figures a trooper from mn would get it haha :) Thanks for not dropping me btw!

Not a problem. I usually don't drop anyone until its over a week or so. People need vacations.

My brother and I had a Van Damme period back in the late 80s - 90s. Lionheart was over played.

OdoyleRules
09-17-2017, 05:50 PM

I played sporadically this week as I knew I couldn't play the last few hours yesterday, and really don't have anything to comment on. I still wanted to start a thread as I'm sure some will want to discuss the arena.

Awaiting the update as meta changes at least seem to compensate for lack of new content in terms of new challenges.

But have to mention - I drew my 5th Wrath today! Now ready to take on Jofer's Beelze squad in LotB BBall!

5th, huh... I have pulled 4 Clairvoyants so far. Kind of stinks, but that is the way it is. The talk of removing dupes with the Eternals and The Trooper Eddie Souls would be nice, but there will be those who will complain that they were shooting for the Double Wrath team can't obtain them.

Askora
09-17-2017, 05:52 PM
Thanks to Nicko for starting the weekly PvP thread. Miss the longer post with your views and insights, they're always much appreciated. Hopefully, the coming update brings some new excitement to the arena. Although, with so many veteran players gone or reduced play it's going to take a lot on the part of NF to bring it back to what it was.

Congrats to Caliza and the rest up top.

For me, another week inside the top 50. Doesn't seem to be nearly the challenge to get their as it once was. Did have more bugs in PvP this week than I'm used to. 6 or 7 times where defense took extra turns, pharaoh cleansing his team, plus the normal issues.

Dropped my 5th eternal soul with eyes closed and the RNG was with me. So, now a member of both the Eddie's and the eternal club. It sucks others who have dropped far more than I, have not been as fortunate. To be resolved soon we all hope. My best guess is, soon may not be until December. The hints from the devs make it sound like it's still an update or two away, and a look at the links on the lotb collectible figures shows the trooper figure as being available in December. Update tied to a partner release? Maybe.

mjmxiii
09-17-2017, 10:03 PM
I believe its Calizas first Eternal so, gratz on that.

There really isn't much to say about the state of PvP, but... its kinda sad that adjusting to meta changes is the only thing that makes it interesting these days. We have all grown use to its stale taste and either continue to slurp it up or have moved on. Sparton has stated that there is no talk of change to the way it works. Thats unfortunate because the feature is in desperate need of a major change. Whether that change is to the VP system, team composition or just a thorough and successful debugging, all three could be considered the one thing it needs most. Given the amount of time it has taken to reach its current state, I would much rather see NF start to focus their efforts on new content, to be completely honest.

I've found that the combo of AAD and Pris are a solid counter to the purple girl, but nothing seems to counter the use of Wrath, VHE, SSD and [insert random char here]. The only change, two Wraths, DM and [insert random Ed here]. I went 4/5 on Eternals but sacrificed my 2nd Wrath just to ensure I would never be tempted to carbon-copy this team, a decision I later regretted because, if the first Wrath doesn't crash the game, the second one will. Yes, your teams are bugged but... I'm sure mine is too.

Once you get to a certain rank, it really is some Matrix-like deja vu shit and can feel like you're in a never ending loop at times. An obvious sign that more buffs than nerfs need to be made to have a much wider and varrying meta where the library of chars we have can all be useful, not just nine or ten (or two) of them.

The disappearing-buttons-on-revive bug is a major factor in most losses (usually a VHE revives and a Wrath punches the buttons out of you) and is a possibility with any char that has that ability. It really does however, make losing fair and square welcome, appreciated and oddly enough, enjoyable.

It's impossible to state the facts without sounding like its another long winded rant. So, since Bloodsport was my first taste of the real world (LMAO) as a kid, I will end by simply saying..

"CHONG LI, CHONG LI, CHONG LI..."

T-Man
09-17-2017, 10:54 PM
Congrats to Caliza12 and the rest of the podium!

I had more crashes, and errors than ever. Had bad luck with RNG all week. Plus the never ending bugs give me the throw in the towel feeling.

Yes a bad week, but Instead of quitting, I figured F it, and just sharded a few different toons just to have something different to try to keep me going. :)

Hope the next update is a huge positive, but I have zero expectations.

DickinsonMan
09-18-2017, 08:08 AM
Congrats to Caliza, Shaolin and Carlos... it's very hard to be there!! I like to see new ETERNALS, that's pretty good for the game.

Waiting for the new updates, this time they look interesting.

For me, this week, has been irregular... not playing all the days (and not playing even on Saturday). I knew that on Monday so I tried to be TOP-100, and got it :cool:. Trying new characters, making changes on defense (what a fu****g sh*t I have :mad:), improving talismans, making new combinations... just testing new things.

This week will go the same way: not playing all days, making tests on some stuff, so... good luck to all of you. In a couple of weeks (maybe three...), sure I'll try to be TOP-3 again...

konstifik
09-18-2017, 09:04 AM
Didn't play too much but my defense had a great week with 48 % holds (20/42). Pretty sure that's the best percentage I've had so far, but it's in part due to some weird behaviour from attackers (one dude attacked me 5 times in a row and lost them all). Couldn't play at all on Saturday, as per usual, and finished at rank 943 with 2436 VP.

I still haven't encountered a lot of bugs when attacking but one of last weeks two offensive losses was due to some bug, think it was AoF but can't remember now exactly what it was.

calizario
09-18-2017, 02:26 PM
thank you guys

It was tiring .. The whole week I had a good score .. without letting the top escape much .. but I was not sure if I was going to try .. I had the insentive of my compatriots Gmac, HomemLivre, ravy, among others .. On Friday the night Gmac speaks to me "if it's for Eternal the time is now" .. and I went .. I got the top of the table with a good distance for Alex at the moment on Saturday the race was long almost 12h without stopping .. only the last hour I stopped for about 40 minutes because it was almost impossible for Shaolin to get through to me.
I always wanted to try, but Saturday did not help much because I have a wife and children, but this week I said ..... I will not do any crap .. I will play until I turn the week hahahaha

I dedicate this first Eternal to my Discord friends, without mentioning the names so as not to forget any, because without their encouragement I would not have tried this week.

Cheers

scott-5496
09-18-2017, 02:45 PM

I feel your pain Nicko! My third Wrath as well as in the past a second Eternity - still no Clair or Beelz for me.

Bradata
09-18-2017, 02:46 PM
There really isn't much to say about the state of PvP, but... its kinda sad that adjusting to meta changes is the only thing that makes it interesting these days. We have all grown use to its stale taste and either continue to slurp it up or have moved on. Sparton has stated that there is no talk of change to the way it works. Thats unfortunate because the feature is in desperate need of a major change. Whether that change is to the VP system, team composition or just a thorough and successful debugging, all three could be considered the one thing it needs most. Given the amount of time it has taken to reach its current state, I would much rather see NF start to focus their efforts on new content, to be completely honest.

I have to agree with mjmxiii on this, most of the top ranks can be taken from players who can play the last few hours on Saturday rush before reset, the system needs a rework I think.
I never push for the top 'cause I know I can't play on Saturday much but this last time I saw that I can do and easily claimed 8th in couple of hours so this proves my point that top spots are taken from those who can afford the spare time on Saturday. I bet that a lot of guys have the same Saturday issue as me (can't play during rush hour) and would like to see this changed in some way.
The purple girl is OK, I don't see a reason for her to be tuned up but I agree with many players saying that devs castrated many 5* characters like CG and now released a 4* one that is more OP than him, WTF is my response to that!
Recently I finally got The Gimp and I see that he still has the power to turn a battle in winning direction when in offense team but in defense is worthless.
I wrote a lot of words..
Congrats to the top guys!

Bradata
09-18-2017, 02:52 PM

Ha ha, welcome to my club!
I pulled 4 or 5 Wrath bitches myself, 3 Clairvoyants and last pull was my second Beelze this Eternity Eddie is still eluding me big time, I hope I will not have to wait one year for him as I waited for The Prisoner.

Blacksteel
09-18-2017, 03:45 PM
Congratulations to Caliza, Shaolin and Carlos.
Also Nicko, thanks for the thread and Congratz! on last weeks podium.

Well this week I did notice more teams with 2 Wrath and purple Valkyrie, also a few more Clairvoyants.
There was a change at the top ranks with players who were not usually there making appearance, which is nice and has to do with the meta changes brought by the new characters.
In a meta where it's mostly about Deja-Vu VHE teams with the same (SSD,Purp valk, wrath, GCR,WUD and GPhD to a lesser extent) combination, it was refreshing to see Steff's team with Viking Eddie.
Saw the odd Cyborg defense, which is nice but has been outclassed, a few Visions and GRE but very few compared to what it was before and he is costly to shard, IMO @NF needs to buff other Eddies to be more relevant.

<rant>
Game freezing... 15 at least during last week's PVP (stats say 0 so can't confirm but only about 4 loses were legit), a freeze can = -33 points worst case and takes up to 3 battles to recover, getting 3 in a row against the same team on a Saturday rush is not funny nor acceptable, it's already challenging to go for top spots without this BS.
Also rewards need rework and players that are not able to be in the Saturday rush should have some support, maybe a side ladder, segmentation by last play time? or timezone?.
Got yet another Beezle, wheres my 25% Clairvoyant!?
</rant>

I finally got The Gimp and I see that he still has the power to turn a battle in winning direction when in offense team but in defense is worthless.
Congrats to the top guys! Well done, I don't have him yet but I agree he is still very useful.

Cheers everyone, Up the Irons!.

calizario
09-18-2017, 05:09 PM
Ha ha, welcome to my club!
I pulled 4 or 5 Wrath bitches myself, 3 Clairvoyants and last pull was my second Beelze this Eternity Eddie is still eluding me big time, I hope I will not have to wait one year for him as I waited for The Prisoner.

I pulled 4 wrath, 2 eddies. Only left beel ... and another membem for the club .. more than 1 year and prisoner nothing

Bradata
09-18-2017, 05:27 PM
I pulled 4 wrath, 2 eddies. Only left beel ... and another membem for the club .. more than 1 year and prisoner nothing

The Gimp was a very crazy pull for me, he came out from one of those Valkyrie rare souls it wasn't even Gunner soul.

gmac
09-18-2017, 07:55 PM
Congrats to my bud Caliza.

Excellent performance, I'm very happy for you.

For people that don't know Caliza, I'd say he is a "heavy gamer". He is an elite iracing player, top of the rankings over here. Also a very cool dude.

This game benefits having people like him, successful players in other games, coming over to play this one too.

As for our discord group, I welcome anyone that speaks Portuguese to join. Server was set up by HomemLivre, we call him Dungeon Master lol.

Again, congrats
gmac

Chaosego888
09-18-2017, 08:25 PM
Congratulations to Caliza12 on Eternal run. I had a pretty decent week not having freezes... but it is pretty stupid how I am having to play the game right now to avoid it. If I let any reviver use their power or fury moves, I have about a 50% chance of a freeze. This game is getting close to unplayable on Android but maybe I will get a real phone one day. I was going to try for 2 skill shards this week but ended up having to work on Saturday and Inqusition, Uada and Volahn invaded my city that night so only got to play 10 or 12 battles during the Saturday Rush. Since people are talking about the Prisoner again, I finally pulled one during Anniversary week exactly 11 months after I started playing. I agree with Bradata that he is still very useful, couldn't even imagine how it used to be when the Troll and Angel of Pain were still relevant.

gmac
09-18-2017, 08:35 PM
I agree with Bradata that he is still very useful,

Number one on my wish list since the beginning. Still very powerful for Arena and must a a breeze to farm LoL with it.

I once had a nightmare where I sold him when I first started playing because I didn't know what I was doing.

Cheers
gmac

Blacksteel
09-18-2017, 09:03 PM
Congratulations to Caliza12 on Eternal run. I had a pretty decent week not having freezes... but it is pretty stupid how I am having to play the game right now to avoid it. If I let any reviver use their power or fury moves, I have about a 50% chance of a freeze. This game is getting close to unplayable on Android but maybe I will get a real phone one day. I was going to try for 2 skill shards this week but ended up having to work on Saturday and Inqusition, Uada and Volahn invaded my city that night so only got to play 10 or 12 battles during the Saturday Rush. Since people are talking about the Prisoner again, I finally pulled one during Anniversary week exactly 11 months after I started playing. I agree with Bradata that he is still very useful, couldn't even imagine how it used to be when the Troll and Angel of Pain were still relevant.

Yep that's what I am forced to do as well, problem is that sometimes it's unavoidable and this opens up to other risks by ignoring the rest of the enemy team.
Some teams gather fury eventually or fast and have up to 3 revivers, right now I am staring at my 3rd freeze just today vs Kardas, Reviver + Wrath = likely freeze (if reviver does his thing), I didn't had a freeze Sunday so that's good, in all fairness it was my fault for not killing the VHE first as I was testing, but c'mon, this shouldn't be happening at all, I really hope the next patch will fix this.

Number one on my wish list since the beginning. Still very powerful for Arena and must a a breeze to farm LoL with it.

I once had a nightmare where I sold him when I first started playing because I didn't know what I was doing.

Cheers
gmac

Lulz, that would be quite a nightmare indeed, after a year and hundreds of souls he still eludes us, it's funny how one can get the same dups over and some and other characters won't show at all.

gmac
09-18-2017, 09:08 PM
LOL that would be quite a nightmare indeed, can't believe that after a year and hundreds if not thousands of souls we don't have him yet.

I think I had that nightmare more than one time man...lol

11 Eternals did not help me get him either :/

About freezes, guys, after I benched MCR only one "buttons gone missing" this last week.

Cheers
gmac

R1ck
09-19-2017, 12:55 AM
Congrats to Caliza and podium members, glad to see new people gets Eternal, that encourages more new people to go for it.

As for me, took a little break from reset until Thursday (played 2 or 3 times a day trying new things) , on Thursday I was around rank 700 and started playing only free SoW, by Friday night I was rank 21. That shows how the point system sucks. I couldn't keep my position because couldn't play last 4 hours before reset and finished 31.
Took the risk and play with only 4 toons all my battles with out a loss, including teams with purple hentai.

JJJ428
09-19-2017, 01:10 AM
About freezes, guys, after I benched MCR only one "buttons gone missing" this last week.

Cheers
gmac

Can backup what GMAC said most of my freezes comes from using MCR against wrath or VHE. Have had to change my strategy and take her out of my attack line up.

Sparton_LOTB
09-19-2017, 01:28 AM

Cheers
gmac

Can backup what GMAC said most of my freezes comes from using MCR against wrath or VHE. Have had to change my strategy and take her out of my attack line up.

You guys may have been suffering from a bug we identified that had to do with Revival and characters suffering from the Frozen status effect; a fix for that combat hang should be coming in the next update (coming soon!).

R1ck
09-19-2017, 01:49 AM
Mmmm that coming soon sounds like very soon

druid138
09-19-2017, 02:26 AM
Mmmm that coming soon sounds like very soon

Yes, this week please! These updates always seem to come when I'm traveling for work, which will be happening next week.

Chaosego888
09-19-2017, 02:43 AM

Cheers
gmacI know how you feel man, Cyborg Eddie is my most sought after character and the only Eddie other than Vampire Hunter that I haven't gotten yet. I got the drop of 50 Gunner/Assassin souls from a tier VI sacrifice during anniversary week and dropped them all in the pit at once. The weird thing is a few weeks later I dropped another stack and pulled another one. The biggest reason I sharded him was for Lord of Light but finally started using him in arena when the Vampire Hunter trend started. I have found that I have had better luck with those Gunner/Assassin souls waiting until I have 30+ and dropping them all at once. I get 5 stars a lot this way but most of the time they are Rainmaker or Assassin Child, I have pulled 5 or 6 of each of those, hope you get a Prisoner soon

HomemLivre
09-19-2017, 03:06 AM
Yes, this week please! These updates always seem to come when I'm traveling for work, which will be happening next week.

I would bet on this Wednesday!

Kardas
09-19-2017, 06:22 AM
First off, congrats to Caliza for your first ever Eternal win (I think?)

As for me it looks like I had a good week. Got to spot 21, which is a new record for me.

That said, PVP is beginning to feel like a chore for me, especially because I only really have 2-3 times to play it (before work, right after work, and evening). So once I have my next Eternal, Clairvoyant or not, I think I'll restrict my playtime to just being able to get all my Iron Coins back from weekly Story purchases. Approaching 5K Iron Coins at the moment, which feels like a decent stockpile.
That and I do feel like I'm still a bit behind in some crucial PVP Talismans like Shell/Immunity/Strike. Of course I could farm BNW... but I don't have the time these days inbetween Troopers and PVP. And I'd like to do something else with my day. Maybe once I cut down on PVP I could do some good BNW farming.

As for the mini-discussion on the Prisoner, I don't have him but he can still be useful on defense. There are only a few ways to go around a Prisoner Passive blocking, and one of them involves farming BNW, while the others require a few specific characters. So in the long term I see Prisoner going similar to CG. Those with counters will do fine, but those without (like me for the longest time) are left flailing in the dust. Of course that does not take away from his definite niche on offense.

right now I am staring at my 3rd freeze just today vs Kardas, Reviver + Wrath = likely freeze (if reviver does his thing), I didn't had a freeze Sunday so that's good, in all fairness it was my fault for not killing the VHE first as I was testing, but c'mon, this shouldn't be happening at all, I really hope the next patch will fix this.

Wow, erm... I didn't even think about that possibility occurring with my defense! I can tell you now that so far that bug has helped me very little this week!

MoonShadow
09-19-2017, 06:33 AM
You guys may have been suffering from a bug we identified that had to do with Revival and characters suffering from the Frozen status effect; a fix for that combat hang should be coming in the next update (coming soon!).This is good news indeed, I do hope for this week to happen, altough 'coming soon' might be next week, but it's more important that the 'revival' issue was found and fixed (hopefully).. :)

DaveMurray
09-19-2017, 09:01 AM
Gratz caliza for the Eternal and to all the rest on the top rankings. Nice to see new people taking Eternal.

I once more finished somewhere in top50, i did not have much time to play the past week and like many others i can't play for many hours on Saturday so reaching a top rank is almost impossible for me with the current arena system. As stated by Sparton they won't change that, at least for now, so maybe one day..
Right when i decided i had enough with that game freeze after revival and i was about to "cheat" by moving my immortallity talis to wrath it is getting fixed. Finally some good news, i hope that the update will come really soon!

I would like to honor stef for his viking defence that reminded me how nice this game can be when people are creative and they do not stick to purple hentai beast, vhe, wrath, wur and ssd. He woke me up with 2 looses after about 100 battles that i was doing the same moves over and over again.