PDA

View Full Version : This week in PVP - Crash course in permadeath!

Askora
10-03-2017, 04:36 PM
Somewhat surprised no thread has been started to congratulate the PvP winners for last week. Don't feel I'm really the one to be doing it, but since no one else has stepped up then I'll give it a shot.

First off congrats to Bradata for taking top spot with a fairly commanding lead. Congrats as well to Dickinsonman and Frankie for rounding out the podium. Not an easy feat with the level of play due to the event and the fact that the arena is more bugged than I've seen it in a long time.

Obviously thorn shields are bugged beyond belief. Issues I've seen include crashing the game (20 times to me in one day, only two of them that I had thorn shields), permadeath not be cleansed, being unable to revive characters that were dead when it was applied so should not have affected them, prisoner being unable to transfer it, thorn shields removing buffs including immunity, etc.

There is the issue with blockers and the prisoner as well, but I think the thorn shields are the most aggregious bug at the moment. I used them very briefly on defense, but removed them as I much prefer good sportsmanship to trying to take advantage of a bug in the system. Obviously not everyone feels the same, so I'm currently at the crossroads as to whether to hold my moral ground or to attempt to boost my defense by forcing crashes. I will say that it is rather ironic that some people who have spoken out about exploits in PvP are apparently ok with the current one.

That's my opinion on things and really don't care who dislikes it. Whether I choose to join the thorn crowd remains to be seen. Would much rather NF step up and get a hot patch to fix it before it comes to that.

Edit: I'd also like to add that I'm truly heartbroken about the horrible crime in Las Vegas. My sympathy and for anyone who was affected. I don't know of anyone I have direct connection to that was, for me it is mostly friends of friends.

Bradata
10-03-2017, 05:32 PM
Thanks, Askora!
I understand your frustration with the thorn shields, I hate them! My defense has none and also the explosive talismans and still my hold rate was the best I have ever had in many months despite the over 850 attacks on me last week.
Regarding the other bugs you mentioned & the game freeze I had no problems at all, maybe I was just lucky but can't really remember if I ever had game freeze in PVP.

Kardas
10-03-2017, 06:04 PM
"Crash" course haha I get it.
Seriously though, congrats to the Top10 this week, and persevering despite how hilariously unstable the Arena was this week. I think that more than half of my losses were due to either crashes due to Thorn reflect, or the cinema bug showing up. To my great surprise, FotD's Fury is also capable of the latter!

This week was a bit bittersweet for me though. I'm cutting down a bit on my PVP play, so I decided to go big this event and shoot for Top10. Alas, crashes and the fact that my Holds dried up near reset meant that I had to end the week at rank 16. Which is my best position yet (not counting the bugged one from Coming Home), so I guess that's alright. Looking forward to Daylight Saving Time coming back.

On the plus side, cutting back on PVP means I can actually visit the forums again! I'll be updating my references threads the coming week.

gmac
10-03-2017, 06:26 PM
Hello everyone,

Thanks Askora for putting this together.

Congrats relentless Bradata, the guy that against all odds where always up there, week after week, battling people with Prisoners on the early Arena days. Congrats. Well done! Much deserved.

Congrats DickinsonMan and Frankie for filling up the rest of the poster. (Glad if got fixed yesterday).

And for what has already been mentioned by everyone, congrats to everybody playing Arena seriously, your guys are heroes. (or masochists!)

Cheers
gmac

Bradata
10-03-2017, 06:49 PM
Hello everyone,

Thanks Askora for putting this together.

Congrats relentless Bradata, the guy that against all odds where always up there, week after week, battling people with Prisoners on the early Arena days. Congrats. Well done! Much deserved.
Cheers
gmac

Thanks, man! Finally I could finish the game. For me the finish was to get to the top in PVP and I did it, now I can relax and play casual. ;)
And hats off to you and Jofer for being 15 times #1... it is fucking insane! Now I think it's Nicko's turn to find the time and finally get there, most of us have been around from the Beta PVP days but after it opened up to all the players he never ran for the top. Nicko, it's time buddy! :cool:

Amarthir
10-03-2017, 07:02 PM
My main annoyance is the disable passive trying to be a block beneficial effects. Whenever one of my own gets hit with that, the affected doesn't receive any buffs at all, which gets frustrating at times. I've been using Cyclone talismans rather than thorn and I haven't seen any crashes from that. Although it did happen when I faced off against a team with thorn shields and that plastered heal block, permadeath and silence to everyone. Didn't crash my game though, and the effects were reduced to 1 per toon after the show was over.

I've been stepping up since I got a new phone and playing PvP like a madman and my wins have improved drastically with my new setup. I'd have a 100% if it wasn't for one crash where I tried to revive an Undead Rescuer and when I made him attack, the animation happened, there was no target and the game hung itself.

slauki
10-03-2017, 07:18 PM
congrats to bradata, insane run man, despite the buggs out there. also congrats to dickinsonman and especially to frankie. didn't want to go for ranks but i saw 30 mins before the reset that it might be possible to get 3rd and so i started a try, but frankie simply run away, no possibillity to catch up for me, good job there!

yeah thorns are annoying af and i'm gulty relying on them too, but i have to say i lost once last week to them because of the cinema bug. you can play around them very well, and most peoplel figure it out, so i cannot see such a big problem there.

nontheless this has to be fixed asap. all in all i like pvp now, because we have a wider range of toons used now on defense. so it's really a good development, if the buggs are solved (lol) and maybe the attack exposure for top 100 guys too, it will be the best pvp ever. call me an optimist but when i compare the game now with the game back in january we have a huge positive development. we shouldn't forget this. yes some buggs are there since the beginning and i cannot belive we have a reflect bugg again, that crushed the game several times before but all in all the game got much better if you ask me. but bugfixing schould be top priority now ofc...

Chaosego888
10-03-2017, 11:43 PM
Thanks for starting the thread Askora and congratulations to Bradata for a dominating week. Thanks also to Bradata for showing everyone that you don't have to take advantage of every bug possible to get a few holds. It is ridiculous that everytime something is posted about a talisman being bugged everyone jumps on the bandwagon and tries to get a few cheap holds. Well, not everyone. There's Askora, Bradata, Eskiggalu, EZZ, Silentknight and a very select few of others that weren't using them. I had a pretty good week going until I dropped 56 Gunner/Assassin souls and scored a Vampire Hunter Eddie which led to both win percentage and hold rate to drop off because I had to experiment with him. I got the Chopper after 232 wins and scored 8 or 9 skill shards. I think the Arena would be a lot more competitive if the skill shards were left as drops. Finally the rewards were worth the effort

HomemLivre
10-04-2017, 01:28 AM
Congrats on your Eternal, Bradata!

It's good to see that more people are not using this broken talis on defense too! I felt the same as you said about finishing the game and going casual, specially becouse I need to work all the saturdays but at least one time this need to be achieved! hahaha

Cheers!

DaveMurray
10-04-2017, 08:07 AM
Congrats for your Eternal bradata, also congrats to Dickinsonman and frankie. It's quite an achievement to finish up there while a pvp event is taking place.

I had so many crashes this week that my win rate dropped to 93%, all were related to thorn shields. Good thing is that since the last update freezing after ressurection stopped but as always something is getting fixed and something else takes it's place.
I didn't want to use thorn shields but it lasted only 4 days. After many crashes in a row on Wednesday i changed my def and used those bugged talis. Sorry to all the fair players that are not using them and encountered my def, i hope you won.

Like most of my Saturdays i had no time to play. I only managed to complete 20 fights and i finished 30. I was at top 10 for most of the week but i couldn't even make it to top 25 because of that. Something needs to be done about it, not all of us have 24h of free time on Saturday and it's stupid the efforts of a whole week to not count for anything.

DickinsonMan
10-04-2017, 08:16 AM
Hi!

Congrats to BRADATA, what a f*cking tough defense you had this week!! I lost too many battles against you...:( You ran for the eternal soon in the week and it was impossible to get there for the rest. Well done!!

Thanks the rest of you for congratulating me and Frankie. Also, GREAT RUN and congrats to donslauki and cartakerii, being there till the end...

I had several freeze problems, APMA2 bugs,... but didn't have problems with thorn shileds (just losing battles but being able to play... and, last week, my defense wasn't equipped with those), prisoner transferred permadeath to opponets normally (as I could see),... APMA2 problems were a lot, maybe 30/40 along the week but, sure, some of them were problems in my connection.

I'll be out for the next two weekends; I'll play, but not as necessary for TOP-10 (even I don't know if TOP-25)... so, good luck to all of you!

MoonShadow
10-04-2017, 11:02 AM
I was wondering why we don't have the regular weekly pvp thread, and I thought that everyone is sick of playing it, so no one needs to talk about it anymore.... :)

Bradata - congrats for your first Eternal, its a well deserved one, after the longest run in the first place (I do like to know if you reached 1000 games...), in a week when thorns were almost everywhere (I hope that they find soon what's wrong with them, like they did for the voids, so the Arena can be playable again).

I stopped playing at 302 matches, it was like a marathon for me, I don't think I'll ever find the mood to play again so many in the Arena. But, at least, it was a worth play, some extra skill shards are always welcome and, also, the devs were kind enough in rewarding us ironite per game. Thx.

scott-5496
10-04-2017, 11:07 AM
Well done to the podium guys. As ever a tip of the hat to the effort put in to get into the top 3 (and top 10). One day maybe I will go for top 10!

Buggy kind of week due to all of the noted issues. Thorn vs thorn could be messy but I only had tow crashes last week and two so far this week due to them. One or two VHE fury crashes and a few other no button crashes or end of game freezes - bot not as bad as others by the looks of it. I have had thorns on two of my guys (on and off though) for a few weeks and it was only last week that there was the issue - they are decent to use as I had them on my Warrior PVE team and Sentinel LOL team - four Warriors with a mix of thorn and explosive could often one round each wave on auto (especially if used with Hellhound and Artillery Dog with Warrior ABB or AoF etc!)

Anyway, all the issues need to be fixed but there are just so many that I fear for the next update/fix - it seems to be taking ages when it is clear that there are significant issues for many players.

Anyway, maybe not so much PVP for me this after the marathon of last week.

Good luck to all in the arena and elsewhere this week and lets hope that we do not start next week with such a tragic and heart-breaking set of circumstances - my thought to anyone effected by the Vegas shootings. Saying that the US really needs to get with the times - it isn't the wild west anymore, people do not need auto rifles, ever. I think only the US and maybe one or two others in South America have unrestricted (or close to unrestricted) gun laws under the right to bare arms. The constitution is hundreds of years old and needs to be updated as has happened in many other countries - including here in the UK.

Not ranting at all as don't live in the US and I know many want to be able to bare arms as a constitutional right - but I do just think that all auto rifles/guns should be outlawed (there may be one or two exceptions but not sure what they might be but there is always someone who has to have the use of one for a job maybe...not sure!) and anyone with one is given a stay in prison. In the UK (and we are not by any means perfect) you are not even allowed to carry most knives or you get nicked - all for the better too I think.

Sorry went off topic a lot there but I was just disgusted by what went on and so many families will never be the same again due to a man who seems to have had clear thoughts and process to kill as many people as he could - mental illness or not there is no punishment that can fit the crime and taking his own life, well I guess that makes some sense to him in his thoughts as to what he needed to do. Terrible, terrible stuff.

Bradata
10-04-2017, 02:32 PM
Thank you guys for the cheers, it was a tough run but it's finally over!
@MoonShadow I reached the 1000, actually I did 1036 wins out of 1126 attacks. And I already found solution to thorn shields, I just take the blue bat with me and make sure he survives the first wave ;)
@DickinsonMan I agree with you on the defense man, could not believe myself the hold I was getting all week. Finished at 28% hold out of 851 attacks and this was the best I've ever had... not bad I say!
Cheers to all and good luck in the bug swamp! :cool:

T-Man
10-04-2017, 05:47 PM
Congrats Bradata, and the rest of the rest of the podium.

I finished 8th.

Props to those that removed thorn shields. They are bugged to hell. I pulled mine after testing a few matches early in the week.

As many others, I had numerous crashes, freezes and the growing list of bugs raining down on me.

I didn't plan on making a run at the top 10 with all the issues with the game, and I had plans for Saturday evening/night.

Anyway, for whatever reason things went very well on Saturday. The game was running well, and RNG seemed to on my side for a change. I also was able to keep my plans and hang on for top 10. :D

Caretaker
10-04-2017, 06:24 PM
Great run B. Glad to see you up there! Congratulations to the rest of the podium, those who did a run for it (DM) and everyone who endured this unstable environment.

Since it's an easy fix to bugged shields, already done before to the reflection ones my guess is we are waiting for something more...event to end, or sth more prepared for coming days.

Bradata
10-04-2017, 06:57 PM
Great run B. Glad to see you up there! Congratulations to the rest of the podium, those who did a run for it (DM) and everyone who endured this unstable environment.

Since it's an easy fix to bugged shields, already done before to the reflection ones my guess is we are waiting for something more...event to end, or sth more prepared for coming days.

Thanks, man! We needed to represent the Balkans here. Picked up a tough time to do it but this is what happens when you get drunk on weekends and don't think clearly ;)

Caretaker
10-04-2017, 09:21 PM
Cheers to that :)

MoonShadow
10-05-2017, 08:55 AM
@MoonShadow I reached the 1000, actually I did 1036 wins out of 1126 attacks. And I already found solution to thorn shields, I just take the blue bat with me and make sure he survives the first wave ;)Wow, that is a LOT of attacks, indeed!! I don't know how did you manage that. Thx for the tip, I've tried to use GRE & Claire on most of the attacks, to escape the thorns, but I ran into the voids, haha..