PDA

View Full Version : ovy out, cold turkey

ovy
10-09-2017, 08:10 AM
Hi troopers & rest,

Today in a moment of slight drunkenness and much crashiness I've decided I should finally cut this game loose. Went to My team and didn't stop until all the high value characters were gone.

Took me more than a year to build these paper cutouts of actual achievements and I realize now they mean very little to me. The game stopped being any fun at all about last month and it's time to move on.

Will log on once a day to unregister troopers, but this is it for me. Best to you all.

Ovy

DaveMurray
10-09-2017, 08:18 AM
Damn, another one. Always enjoyed the battles against your unique teams in pvp.
Farewell m8, i wish you all the best in your life.

Have fun.

slauki
10-09-2017, 08:32 AM
damn a huge loss for the pvp-community, you and your unique and effective defenses will be missed.
kudos to such a brave move and sacrifice the whole team. good luck with your live

final cheers

scott-5496
10-09-2017, 10:21 AM
Another one I am sad to see go. You had some great posts on here and a strong team too. All the best with everything and do come back some day to say hi.

NF really need to sort this game out quickly or we will lose what we have here on the forum.

Coletrain
10-09-2017, 11:43 AM
Best of luck with everything. Sad to see you go but I understand, thanks for all of the creative PvP battles.

MoonShadow
10-09-2017, 01:04 PM
Hey, Ovy (...just curious.. this nick comes from Ovidiu?) thanks for all the badges, you were a good trooper, but mostly a solid defender in the Arena, as I, like the most of us here, liked your immagination in building strong and creative defenses... it sad that you leave, but its the game who will lose. Wish you all the best! Cheers!

Blacksteel
10-09-2017, 01:34 PM
Ovy, wish you the best of luck in all you do, thanks for the badges you are a great trooper and will be missed along with your rockets team, be well and godspeed. Up the Irons!

Bradata
10-09-2017, 02:58 PM
Ouch! That hurts a lot!
I just wrote an obituary like post on Nicko's thread, I don't want to do another one here!
You were one of my long time troopers and much respected! Good luck with your life, buddy!

Askora
10-09-2017, 03:29 PM
Sad to see you go, always some cool defenses. Best of luck in everything.

tex-0775
10-09-2017, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the heads up, now go and have fun :cool:

Hate to delete troopers, but i'll help you clean your list \,,/

Tridimensionale
10-09-2017, 06:40 PM
We were not troopers but as others say your alternative defences were always cool.. personally i don t like extreme choices (aka delete all) like you did and Osiris before you.. but oh well i understand your reasons
Wish u all the best !

T-Man
10-10-2017, 02:02 AM
I think we were troopers at one time, and we've had many battles in the arena. I completely understand.

Tonight just compounds another reason to quit. The game is unplayable at the moment. Another arena loss because of a crash after a win. The game is a cluster*%#* at the moment!

Best to you Ovy. Props for going cold turkey. It's the only way to go. No turning back.

ovy
10-10-2017, 05:59 AM
Thanks much for the kind words guys.

This was fun while the fun lasted. I'm realizing now as I'm more sober that it wasn't the crash per se, but the fact that there was nothing really to look forward to. The crash just triggered that question, given the continued investment of time that this game demands. I have (or had) all the characters I could want, sitting on a pile of souls not feeling like opening them and a pile of skill shards; a next band of misfit defenders was not on the horizon and as I'd mentioned before I didn't feel like being creative on attack with the forced disclosure of offense and had been just using my defense to attack for the past month. And of course, no joy in PvE, where even the rather oddball BnW battles still feel like cheating on NF's part, with only replenishing shield bosses to really fear.

And I was unfair when I called the characters paper cutouts, I had some real attachment to some of them. Those Possessed Rockets that you guys mentioned, which I'd sharded as a move of desperation back in the SSD/AoP days when I had no Prisoner because you could put two sets of Immunity on them then get out of the taunt fest with Accuracy Down. But unexpectedly found themselves in the lead of a 30%+ defense and on occasion a wickedly fast offense too. Then the Cyborg/Astra pair that too overachieved, at 40%+, so full of meta.

But most of all, I owed to that Pharaoh. You see, on my second start of the game after a week of going nowhere, I splurged on a then-$6 starter Legendary Pack, and out comes the Pharaoh. I only later realized how incredibly lucky that was. That guy carried me through the entire game and won all my PvP offensive battles other than the aforementioned defense/offense. Never seriously complained about the RnG after that.

Anyways, that was my eulogy for the team. It was fun, it really was, and I'll miss it for sure. But wonderful things are happening right now in real life, and they deserve my full attention. Sometimes you just have to cut the cord.

Best,
ovy

LandCrusher70
10-10-2017, 11:30 PM
Bummer.

You were a great Trooper. Thanks for all the badges.
Hope all goes well for you out there in the real world.

Caretaker
10-11-2017, 04:49 PM
Nice outro! Enjoy the RL man!