PDA

View Full Version : Character Fragment Event, featuring Assassin Corrupt Ox Cultist!

Sparton_LOTB
10-10-2017, 12:00 AM
Crush the Lord of Light for Soul Fragments to earn a guaranteed 4* character!

From October 9th, 5pm PDT to October 12th, 5pm PDT, each battle in the Lord of Light dungeons has a chance of dropping Corrupt Ox Cultist Soul Fragments. Collect 200 and you can redeem them in the Book of Souls’ Fragments screen for your very own 4* Assassin Corrupt Ox Cultist!

Normally, when the fragments drop, you’ll earn 5 or 10 fragments, but if you’re lucky, you could earn 50 fragments from one battle, so don’t be afraid of that 200 requirement! Additionally, you can earn as many Corrupt Ox Cultist Souls as you can collect the fragments for, so feel free to grab some extras for your next big Sacrifice!

Finally, we have a few deals available in the store to help with getting and gearing up a Corrupt Ox Cultist:

Get a FREE 10 Corrupt Ox Cultist Soul Fragments to start you off!
Grab the “Corrupt Ox Cultist Power Up Deal”! This provides ironite to help farm more fragments, a bit of gold, 5* XP Shards, and Skill Shards to power up a new Corrupt Ox Cultist!
Various talisman packs are also available that work well with a Corrupt Ox Cultist, including the Vampiric and Hunter Talismans!

Please note that after the conclusion of this event, collecting more Corrupt Ox Cultist Soul Fragments will not be possible, but any extras you have can be converted to Precious Soul Fragments.

Not sure what the Assassin Corrupt Ox Cultist does? You can check out the stats it has when maxed out in the community-maintained Compilation of maximized characters (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1103). Highlights for the Corrupt Ox Cultist include:

He has a passive which gives him a chance to Counter enemies who damage him, which can also trigger any effects he has when he does a basic attack (including talisman augments)
His basic attack guarantees Heal Block, allowing him to ensure certain enemies cannot heal the target who he attacks (which could be freely applied by his passive causing him to counter!)
His power attack guarantees Permadeath and can remove beneficial effects, allowing him to deal with enemies which rely on Perfect Immortality, Ghost, or Endure for survival

Silentknight
10-10-2017, 01:50 AM
Aaand, game down!!! Bravo NF!

JJJ428
10-10-2017, 01:51 AM
Starting to feel these events are highlighting bugs more then giving anything to the players. Having an arena event when pvp and shields are bugged. This week having a lord of light event and I have had lord of light crash on me at least a half a dozen times so far since the event started. I was gearing up to get two or three souls for sacrifice but if this is how this is going to be I am willing to skip this event, plus with the crashs this is the worse rng drops I have seen for an event as well. I probably would have gotten frags every time it crashed because it always crashed right when I beat Lord of light.

T-Man
10-10-2017, 01:55 AM
Aaand, game down!!! Bravo NF!

Indeed! Several crashes playing this evening. The last one being an arena battle against Alex. Just got the win, waiting for victory to appear on the screen, and crash! The jokes on me for the loss. :mad:

Spartan can you guys focus on this? It has been going on for weeks now.

Witkacy
10-10-2017, 02:03 AM
Good evening gals & guys :)

Well... For a while it was good, so I kept playing casually for my amusement and for bunch of troopers, the previous event was OK, yet this one is TRULY painful I have to say... Some of my troopers already lost their badges due to server errors - had to manually kill the app more than 10x in a row: the prompts are as follows: 1. http service not available, 2. Server error! Inventory changes were not saved, 3. Login failed and probably some more I can't remember now...

Once again I gave the game a chance - again disappointed and wasted the time...

Cheers,

W

JJJ428
10-10-2017, 02:29 AM
Is anyone else seeing the drops a lot worse then normal for this? I have done 3 refills on LOL X and only have 45 frags to show for it so far. Including spending 80 SOT straight and not getting one drop the entire time. I am not looking for 50 drops or anything but I remember being able to get a 5 drop every 3 or 4. Anyone else seeing extra bad rng for this one?

Leo_ID
10-10-2017, 03:01 AM
Is anyone else seeing the drops a lot worse then normal for this? I have done 3 refills on LOL X and only have 45 frags to show for it so far. Including spending 80 SOT straight and not getting one drop the entire time. I am not looking for 50 drops or anything but I remember being able to get a 5 drop every 3 or 4. Anyone else seeing extra bad rng for this one?

Agree. On the other side, shards, 3* rainbow evo shards, and some rare souls started to rain on me

T-Man
10-10-2017, 04:21 AM
The game is unplayable for me tonight. So many crashes. The Arena had all sorts of weird things happening. What a joy kill! Will this game ever get fixed? I have no more hope for that. :(

konstifik
10-10-2017, 07:59 AM

I've only played through my free SoT and have about a hundred frags already.

PerthEddie
10-10-2017, 09:28 AM
Seeing as the RNG is so good (lol) I don't need to waste my time doing this event. Pulled one of these from a Legendary Soul last night :mad:

I would much rather have had to do this event and got something from the Soul that was, well, Legendary.

Heavy1974
10-10-2017, 09:40 AM
Just claimed my first one, thinking of getting one or two more til the end of this event.
Also hoping for something special to follow on friday though... Sth like the fear of the dark event would be cool...

slauki
10-10-2017, 10:07 AM

can confirm this so far, had 15 runs and only 10 frags, now at least 21 runs and 35 frags. numbers are way too small to draw conclusions could easily be a streak of bad luck though...

JJJ428
10-10-2017, 10:12 AM
Sounds like could be normal, just a string of bad luck plus the constant crashes probably swayed me in a bad direction. If the servers are more stables now might be worth trying again because I would like to get some of the frags so I can make a big sacrifice in one of the up coming events. Maybe I will try again or wait for one of the other LOLs and try grinding those non-stop for them.

Heavy1974
10-10-2017, 10:15 AM
can confirm this so far, had 15 runs and only 10 frags, now at least 21 runs and 35 frags. numbers are way too small to draw conclusions could easily be a streak of bad luck though...

had 4times 80SOT and came to 205 frags. Had one 50 drop and about 8 - 10 times a 10 drop. Blame it on RNG...
Played only Levels 7-9

Browno
10-10-2017, 10:42 AM
20 runs and 130 fragments.

JJJ428
10-10-2017, 11:10 AM
Did two full runs this morning and things seem more stable and drops are more align with what I expect.

MoonShadow
10-10-2017, 11:57 AM
I think I did almost 20 runs, at different levels, from VII to X => 65 frags. I would've prefered to choose which dungeon to run at this event, as I need mostly the purple shards for upgrading some new & old assassin chars.

Tim28213
10-10-2017, 01:15 PM
In the past 2 weeks I've only had crashes in the level 7 dungeons. When I switch to level 8 they have not crashed.

Irony is so not ironic... as I was typing this the level 8 dungeon I was in crashed. Still its the first in a few days for me.

Witkacy
10-10-2017, 02:30 PM

Slauki :)

Just for statistics... 4x 80 SoTs so far (1x free, 3x refills since start of the event) = 190 fragments for me so far... No 50 frags, all 5, 10 - with majority of 10s... Started at X - first run, then moved to VII... The drop fragments seem to be not worse than at X - yet you have more tries ;) Good luck!

Cheers,

W

konstifik
10-10-2017, 02:43 PM
Haven't counted the runs, but apart from the Skull Quests I've spent all my free SoT (no refills) on autoplaying LoL X and so far I have 170 frags. Not a single server error in LoL (not sure if it's a thing, but I never seem to get them on autoplay). Will be a lot of sacrifice fodder if this drop pace keeps up for me.

kkkreg5
10-10-2017, 08:20 PM
2.5 runs (1 refill) yielded 210 frags in LOL III. 3 50 frag drops in that time (2 last night, 1 this morning). Also suffered through servers issues about an hour into the event. 2 50 drops came before the errors.

blade685
10-11-2017, 09:02 AM
another useless event for me and toon for direct sacrifice :rolleyes:
And so less 3* evo rune because of that

GotN
10-11-2017, 10:55 AM
2.5 runs (1 refill) yielded 210 frags in LOL III. 3 50 frag drops in that time (2 last night, 1 this morning). Also suffered through servers issues about an hour into the event. 2 50 drops came before the errors.

Just tried on LoL III (thought very cool cause of less SoT required) and LoL VII one full run. On III not a single fragment drop and on VII 2 x 5. How much bad luck can one have...

MoonShadow
10-11-2017, 12:12 PM
Well, I've got another RNG Bloody RNG story to tell you: I did a few refills for this event, although I didn't quite need this AssOx Cultist Dude, but I needed to claim just one more soul from fragments, to claim a Legendary from the achievements.

I was at 195 frags and after a last refill, I did a lot on runs on LoL VII - only to got nothing - until the last 7 SoT for a last run, which dropped the remaining 5 frags.

So, I claimed the AssOx Dude, claimed the Legendary from the achievement, opened it and.... ta daaaa.... got ANOTHER AssOx Dude!!!

This is really stupid.

blade685
10-11-2017, 12:21 PM
Well, I've got another RNG Bloody RNG story to tell you: I did a few refills for this event, although I didn't quite need this AssOx Cultist Dude, but I needed to claim just one more soul from fragments, to claim a Legendary from the achievements.

I was at 195 frags and after a last refill, I did a lot on runs on LoL VII - only to got nothing - until the last 7 SoT for a last run, which dropped the remaining 5 frags.

So, I claimed the AssOx Dude, claimed the Legendary from the achievement, opened it and.... ta daaaa.... got ANOTHER AssOx Dude!!!

This is really stupid.

yes loot system is a big shit in that game
For them if you don't loot usefull toon you will buy souls to get them but if you loot shit you don't buy anything
It's stupid :rolleyes:

LandCrusher70
10-11-2017, 12:22 PM

This is really stupid.

Well that blows.....

MetalKing
10-11-2017, 12:29 PM
The previous poster said they got a cultist from fragments and one from a legendary soul. I would be happy with 2; can be useful in the right team. I have collected 105 fragments so far with 2 sot refills in lol 7.

Ezz
10-11-2017, 01:19 PM
Ummmm, so here is a new one. I just earned enough corrupt frags and claimed my ox cultist soul. However, the soul never appeared in my book of souls?
So the frags are now gone, and I have no soul or cultist to show for my 200 frags.
Kind of a bummer because I did not have this character and was looking forward to having one.

Edit: never mind - the soul is there but it is blue in the book of souls, not purple. So I overlooked it as I already had some blue souls I was holding onto and thought it was one of those. This is odd though because when it was awarded it was in fact purple!

PaquitoChep
10-11-2017, 02:13 PM
Ummmm, so here is a new one. I just earned enough corrupt frags and claimed my ox cultist soul. However, the soul never appeared in my book of souls?
So the frags are now gone, and I have no soul or cultist to show for my 200 frags.
Kind of a bummer because I did not have this character and was looking forward to having one.

Edit: never mind - the soul is there but it is blue in the book of souls, not purple. So I overlooked it as I already had some blue souls I was holding onto and thought it was one of those. This is odd though because when it was awarded it was in fact purple!

Happen the same thing to me, i have unclaimed souls yet, so i saw the blue one and thought it was from a magus class, i was pissed off at first hahaha

Bobby2613-8511
10-11-2017, 02:24 PM
I don't know if anyone has the same experience as I do but the game seems to hang everytime someone sending me badges. I mean this morning alone the game hanged over 3 times and every time after I force closed it, I had some troopers badges popping. This is so frustrating having crashes 1) you screw your trooper cause his badges are sent to void... 2) You loose precious SoT / rewards that you should have had. I'm only 2 months old in this game and this is already tiring me so much. I don't know how you guys can go on with this. :-/

druid138
10-11-2017, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the event, NF. As luck would have it, I got my first Assassin Corrupt Ox just a few days before the event started. But, I'm happy to grind for 2700 essence per soul (leveled to 80).

In terms of drop rates, I'm at 650 Fragments after 143 runs (with four 50 drops).

slauki
10-11-2017, 06:46 PM
my droprates suck badly this time

365 frags 107 runs...wish i had druids luck here (1 drop of 50) :D

Amarthir
10-11-2017, 07:23 PM
My droprates are decent, I'm just so unmotivated for some reason. I actually spent last night auto farming the garden of fear X when I should have been in the lord of light dungeons I got a rage talisman, making it so I have 2 now. At least you get a ton of runes to level talismans. Oh well, I have my ox so hopefully when the sentinel floors open I'll have more motivation. I had plans to get 10 of them and max them all out for a really big sacrifice but at this rate I'll be lucky to come out with 3. To be honest I'm more interested in what's coming after this event. Wish I knew more about them.

drrchmnd
10-11-2017, 09:18 PM
through 3 runs through blue LOL gotten 5 fragments. Beyond annoying. Prior to that and excluding the 10 free had 45. So event should be doable but beyond wacked out drop rates.

iPoop
10-11-2017, 11:38 PM
Thank you NF for this event. I've played for over a year and have never obtained this character before. The grind was much more reasonable than other events that required playing ad nauseam while still not obtaining the character <cough: gunner chopper>

I even ended up spending $ on a couple of packs in the store and will likely buy a third.

Looking forward to more events like these!

cheers

Blacksteel
10-12-2017, 04:19 PM
NF what about allowing players to choose from a set of characters instead of just the one?, this would probably be better for everyone.
Happy for the players that don't have it but many that already have it are losing on the chance of a new character.

Dank Brew
10-12-2017, 04:23 PM
NF what about allowing players to choose from a set of characters instead of just the one?, this would probably be better for everyone.
Happy for the players that don't have it but many that already have it are losing on the chance of a new character.

Be careful what you wish for. It would take probably 5000 fragments to get a character of your choice, and it would take months (for me atleast lol). However, if they did that and kept these types going as well it would be great.

But knowing them, it will be limited to a weekend and only the most persistent players will get what they want.
Everyone else will be forced to convert them into 1* gold idols.

gmac
10-12-2017, 07:35 PM
Hi guys

Does anyone know if we can claim ox souls after the event ends? (I think so just want to be 100% sure)

Sparton?

Cheers
gmac

Sick
10-12-2017, 07:54 PM
I received 4 ox souls (4 x 50 drops). Sounds good so far. When I sacrificed them, i got 8 rare souls. They turned into 8 3* characters. Those again turned into a handfull of 3* runes and shards.
To put it short: A total waste of time and ironite.

Sparton_LOTB
10-12-2017, 08:14 PM
Does anyone know if we can claim ox souls after the event ends? (I think so just want to be 100% sure)

For events that introduce limited time soul fragments, the ability to get more fragments goes away when the event ends, but you will keep the fragments you earned and can exchange them into their intended soul (or convert to Precious Soul Fragments) at any time during or after the event.

So yeah, totally safe to sit on the fragments if you'd rather bank them there instead of the soul in your soul inventory or the character in your character inventory.

gmac
10-12-2017, 09:07 PM
So yeah, totally safe to sit on the fragments if you'd rather bank them there instead of the soul in your soul inventory or the character in your character inventory.

Hey Sparton,

Thanks for the info!

Cheers
gmac