PDA

View Full Version : Beginning to think these other Eddies aren't actually player accessible.

Yup
10-10-2017, 12:50 AM
Viking Eddie, Visions Eddie, Samurai Eddie, Shaman Eddie, Navigator Eddie, Tailgunner Eddie, Aces High Eddie, Vampire Hunter Eddie.....

I've played a lot.. never seen any of them. All I ever see is Mummy Eddie, Speed of Light Eddie, and Run tot eh Hills Eddie.

Seems really pointless if there's no way to get additional, more powerful Eddies.

kkkreg5
10-10-2017, 01:44 AM
I have 5 of the 8 you mentioned here, but I've been playing non stop for a year now. Patience is the key.

JJJ428
10-10-2017, 01:55 AM
Not sure if your forum start date is when you started playing the game but if you only been playing a month thats why you don't have any of those Eddies yet. It takes time and a lot of work to get them. Thankfully I have all 8 of them but that comes really grinding during certain events plus the Immortal Eddie event we had a ways back was great way to pick up a lot of the top Eddies.

aXe
10-10-2017, 02:47 PM
Pulled a Samurai yesterday after a massive amount of bad luck.

satani
10-10-2017, 03:52 PM
i've pulled all of the above and must admit, for me , Visions Eddie was the rarest. Pulled him in my 2 "5* Eddie" or immortal soul back then (had enough time to get the soul 2 times on one device, first one was Aces High.)
Pretty rare for me seem Rainmaker and VHE.
Viking and Samurai drop pretty often. I've had 4 or 5 of both by now.
Navigator dropped for me only during the Nautical Souls Event where he was introduced, same goes for Shaman Eddie and the Sacrifice Event back then.
Tailgunner is a 4*, Aces High a 5* Gunner. It's hard to drop a good Gunner/Assassin from G/A-Souls (yet i dropped my Rainmaker, Vampire Hunter and Purple Assassin from the monthly G/A-Soul) Aside from that i spare my ironites and wait for Event Souls

Yup
10-10-2017, 10:09 PM
I understand the "grind away" to try and get a drop. But my point is... if I've completed all the missions... completed over 160 achievements, finished all the worlds (including gardens)... it shouldn't be that difficult.

The rare G/A drops from achievements are no different than if I grab a rare G/A soul from trooper rentals.

Shouldn't the harder to get achievements result in BETTER characters not merely one's you can get just for renting troopers?

Shouldn't souls from the arena store be more "super" rare and not more of the same??

Basically there's ZERO payoff for more diligent players. Why work to get Arena coins if using them on valuable items (eternity souls and skill shards) is so limited??? I mean grabbing any of the "rare" souls there just means you'll get more of the same, only a 4* rather than a 2 or 3*.

All in all, the game is NOT set up to reward diligent players any more than it rewards casual players. That's a shame.

(Sidebar.. it'd be nice if I didn't have to "verify I was a human" via recaptcha EVERY time I post.)

Dank Brew
10-10-2017, 10:49 PM
I understand the "grind away" to try and get a drop. But my point is... if I've completed all the missions... completed over 160 achievements, finished all the worlds (including gardens)... it shouldn't be that difficult.

The rare G/A drops from achievements are no different than if I grab a rare G/A soul from trooper rentals.

Shouldn't the harder to get achievements result in BETTER characters not merely one's you can get just for renting troopers?

Shouldn't souls from the arena store be more "super" rare and not more of the same??

Basically there's ZERO payoff for more diligent players. Why work to get Arena coins if using them on valuable items (eternity souls and skill shards) is so limited??? I mean grabbing any of the "rare" souls there just means you'll get more of the same, only a 4* rather than a 2 or 3*.

All in all, the game is NOT set up to reward diligent players any more than it rewards casual players. That's a shame.

(Sidebar.. it'd be nice if I didn't have to "verify I was a human" via recaptcha EVERY time I post.)

I hear ya man, I have a few of those Eddies but i've been playing since the beginning, you'd think i'd have all of them by now. Not even close. No shaman, samurai, navigator, aces high, VHE, rainmaker, or even eternity Eddie. Viking and Visions is apparently the only two I have from that list WTF

It even took me forever just to get CRE, but once I got him i've got 5 more shortly after... wtf is up with that lol.

And I must say... Rare G/A souls are freaking worthless. The best thing i've got is assassin CoTD (which is amazing), but Not one rare G/A Eddie. After two freaking years?

And yes, screw the damn verification. I hate when it makes me do 4+ in a row.

Bradata
10-10-2017, 10:56 PM

And now you know why so many players have left the game recently!

kkkreg5
10-10-2017, 11:46 PM

I think you'll find everyone here would agree with you, but it's just not the way this game was set up...

To your sidebar... you haven't experienced the bots...

Amarthir
10-11-2017, 12:04 AM
Although I've had all those you mentioned at one point or another, I agree in the fact of how rare they are, it's hard enough to get a 4* character without legendary souls and even harder to get a 5* but it's always going to be a waiting game. After all, you only lose if you quit. There are toons I had whom I wish I kept (Aces High, Samurai, etc) Hell, I had 3 Visions Eddies pulled since I started. But ever since I got rid of them, I haven't seen them since. And Tailgunner Eddie keeps coming back like a boomerang. Wanna know who I'd love to have instead? Astra. Or even Rainmaker Eddie. I've opened hundreds of GA souls, even 20's at a time on occasion. But I've never seen either of them before. And if Rainmaker's upcoming buffs change the meta, I'll need to grab one as soon as I can. I'm still waiting for the trooper soul, when those new characters come out, I'm sure that they'll change things too. Whether it's just one of them like Wrath, or all of them. But when they come out you better hope that you get the right one because whichever one makes PvP, it'll likely be nerfed by the time you get to him. I haven't even gotten Wrath yet, and they're still bringing him down. I've only had Vampire Hunter Eddie for a few weeks and he's getting hit too. Luckily not that hard but with every update brings a little bit of change to the battlefield. The best thing you can do is gather all the characters you can so that you're prepared for the changes coming.

Yup
10-11-2017, 03:03 AM
Funny thing.. I saw SOL Eddie drop 4 times today.....

I saw Mummy Eddie drop.. sacrificed it with a Golden Son and got 2 Rare souls in return... sacrificed that.. got another Mummy Eddie.

I do have CR Eddie... but that seemed like a real FLUKE more than anything. Sacrificed a couple random souls, not even a big sacrifice, like Meager or weak..... got a rare soul in return... that turned out to be CR Eddie. Same thing happened with Rainmaker Eddie.... dropped from some random inconsequential G/A soul. And I have had Storm Rider Eddie and Fear The Dark Eddie drop... but they seem to repeatedly drop. Not as often as Mummy and SOL, but pretty often.

Every week I max out the "purchase" of rare souls in both the trooper rentals and arena store... constantly get the same menial characters.

If the point of the game is keep people playing.. then there needs to be a more realistic drop for rare Eddies. Isn't THAT the real quest? To find the rare Eddies??? As I posted.. achievement souls (especially rare G/A and Legendary) should absolutely drop a high-end rare soul.. I'm so freakin sick os seeing gunner dogs, undead soldiers, and harpies.

The eternity souls are really the ONLY way to ensure you can get a decent drop... but it's difficult to get up in rankings until you have them.. so it takes several weeks before you have enough fragments for even 1 of those.

It's a shame they've built the game to have such a clear dead end. It becomes a talisman building game. I have no idea how long "Night City" has been "coming soon" .. but if that's been more than 3 or 4 months... perhaps the entire game is just a huge waste of time.

See I need a gunner and a warrior Eddie... ones I can build up to be more powerful than the default Eddie and Run To the Hills Eddie.... I can't seem to EVER see any gunner or warrior Eddies. Ever. I only have Pharaoh Eddie due to that week of rewards. But a better Sentinel Eddie is needed as well.

(As for the captcha.. I've been a web designer for a long, long time... it's overkill... regardless of what anyone tells you. I see it worthwhile at first.. but after a couple weeks it's nothing but annoying to users.)

Browno
10-11-2017, 04:02 AM
Woah! I have all eddies except from viking and i can tell you that pharaoh alone is probably one of the strongest sentinel eddies and even better than most other 5 star eddies around. You just have to learn how to use him correctly.

Yup
10-11-2017, 04:07 AM
Not complaining about Pharaoh Eddie, really. Just need a gunner and warrior. Honestly for my style Viking Eddie or Visions Eddie woul dbe better. Multiple target attack fury is better.

konstifik
10-11-2017, 08:55 AM
Night City has been "coming soon" since the game launched, about 15 months ago.

If it was easy (or easier) to get all rare Eddies, people would stop playing the game. That "gotta catch 'em all" mentality is what keeps a lot of players around once the actual content is finished.

blade685
10-11-2017, 09:43 AM
i play so many time too and always waiting Viking Eddie, Navigator Eddie, Aces High Eddie, Vampire Hunter Eddie too :rolleyes:
Tailgunner, Shaman Eddies loot so many time for me :(
Vision and Samurai one time with the eddie event only

Yup
10-15-2017, 10:46 PM
Okay So I pulled and "ultimate" sacrifice last week.....

Then from the Legendary Souls for the achievement....

So I got a Gunner Eddie and a lot of skill shards. But other than the Aces High Eddie and the Desert Marauder (also a great drop) I already had all the other characters. In fact, some were part of the sacrifice. I did also get about 10 Skill Shards. So, Aces High Eddie was pretty much maxed out on skills to start.

It's just a real shame that the only way to get DIFFERENT strong characters is to sacrifice existing strong characters you've put time into building up. Most often sacrificing characters you may NEVER see again.

Yup
10-17-2017, 04:28 PM
Oh the irony...

Since posting above I've had Aces High Eddie drop a second time... and the Corrupt General drop... and Tail Gunner Eddie drop. So.... uhm..... uh... yeah :)

Yup
11-15-2017, 12:25 AM
For anyone else feeling discouraged.

Not even 1 month later and I now have all the Eddies except Vampire Hunter and Coal Giver. I've picked up a lot of additional Eddies in less than a month.

DIEDD
11-15-2017, 04:24 AM

Not even 1 month later and I now have all the Eddies except Vampire Hunter and Coal Giver. I've picked up a lot of additional Eddies in less than a month.

oh man ... give me a bit of your luck to finally get a damn viking.

Dank Brew
11-15-2017, 07:04 PM

Out of the original list, I still only have visions and viking. Haven't got a new Eddie in months. I'd still not have Pharaoh if it weren't for the seven deadly gifts... RNG is a bastard lol

DanteCel0623
11-22-2017, 07:23 AM
I got Visions Eddie with a Rare Soul after a few days after start playing, i must say im playing it since it came out, it was my first 5* character XD, Navigator came out with the first Nautic soul i remember same goes for coal giver, i got Tail a few days ago, the rest of the eddies are very rare to get at least for me.

BTW a little spam, i have most of the eddies and im a daily player Dante-4781