PDA

View Full Version : Fear Friday the 13th - FREE entry into Garden of Fear!

Sparton_LOTB
10-13-2017, 12:04 AM
For 24 hours, get into the Garden of Fear for FREE! Until October 13th, 5 PM PT, it will cost zero Sands of Time to enter all floors of the Brave New World’s Garden of Fear!

Take advantage of the free entry to grind out as many talismans and runes as you can! The faster you can clear the dungeon, the more rewards you can get, so share your strategies with others to go as fast as you can!

Witkacy
10-13-2017, 12:14 AM
Sparton :)

That's cool, yet the game not starts/loading itself though... I have the notice: ''New game data is available, please restart the game to continue'', so I am tapping OK, the game restarts, then after a while the notice shows: ''New game data...'' and so on and on in a loop...

Cheers,

W

UPDATE: Finally the game has loaded after 6-7 (!!) restarts... No daily rewards pop-up, or troopers who have sent me the badges...

kkkreg5
10-13-2017, 12:18 AM
Same here Wit. So tired of this BS...

T-Man
10-13-2017, 12:41 AM
Same here. Also game just crashed while playing a skull quest. Lost trooper badges, SoT, and rewards. Can’t log back into game at this point. Server error. Does it ever end? :(

T-Man
10-13-2017, 01:54 AM
Ok, posting this as it may help.

I’m playing on 2 different i devices. One running iOS 10, the other iOS 11. The iOS 10 is having the issues.

No available update in the App Store at the time.

iOS 11 device I downloaded the update in the App Store and installed. Seems to be running ok. Played over 10 Arena battles, and a level of GoF. No issues.

iOS 10 device would not load nor dl any update automatically. Game repeated the vicious cycle several times trying to update. No go. Deleted and re-installed the game. Update automatically installed this time. Quick run through level 5 in GoF. No issues.

Hope this solved things, and maybe helped.

gmac
10-13-2017, 02:35 AM
The faster you can clear the dungeon, the more rewards you can get, so share your strategies with others to go as fast as you can!

This was posted by some guy name Kulimar! Might want to put blue buzz in the mix now... Sag was the first that solved this puzzle as far as I can remember.

"The safest and most effective Garden of Fear X dungeon auto-play team I've found so far is 100% Farmable (with this latest Valkyrie Event). It consists of:

Kari, Valkyrie Siren (Farmable from the current event)
The Clairvoyant (Sorta Farmable from Eternity Souls in the Arena - with luck)
Grim Reaper Eddie (Earned through Achievements)
Golden Pharaoh Dog (Earned through Achievements)

Everyone needs to be maxed skill, minus Kari and I build both the Clairvoyant and Golden Pharaoh Dog with Energy Talismans. GR has Endure and Shell, Kari is Magic Pen and Holy and Shell."

EDIT:
link (i think)
http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?8652-Garden-of-Fear-strategies/page2&highlight=garden+fear

R1ck
10-13-2017, 02:43 AM
Only if I'd gotten at least one Clairvoyant from one of the 10 eternal souls I've opened so far, autofarm would be much easier.

Sidney
10-13-2017, 03:21 AM
Only if I'd gotten at least one Clairvoyant from one of the 10 eternal souls I've opened so far, autofarm would be much easier.

I am doing it without The Clairvoyant. Granted I'm only doing level 9 on auto, I'm 100% after 10 rounds. Substitute Clair with Corrupt General if you have him. I have him full freeze talismans and haven't come close to dying yet. I may try 10 since it doesn't cost anything... :D

Amarthir
10-13-2017, 03:25 AM

You've had 10? Holy cow what's your secret? I've only had 4 lol

Anyways I'm using Kulimar's strategy that Gmac is talking about only I don't have the shell talismans, it takes a while but it works. I almost have a full rage set now. Only 1 left to go.

R1ck
10-13-2017, 03:46 AM
I am doing it without The Clairvoyant. Granted I'm only doing level 9 on auto, I'm 100% after 10 rounds. Substitute Clair with Corrupt General if you have him. I have him full freeze talismans and haven't come close to dying yet. I may try 10 since it doesn't cost anything... :D
Thanks, I will try CG

Edit: Don't want to shard my CG, but using AoP is good enough to auto level 9.

Sidney
10-13-2017, 04:51 AM
Thanks, I will try CG

Edit: Don't want to shard my CG, but using AoP is good enough to auto level 9.

LOL... I tried to get him for so long that when I finally got him I sharded him 100% Might not have been wise, but I felt he deserved it. Got a bunch more to spend and I'm hording them so much I think I might end up in TV... :D

Kardas
10-13-2017, 06:23 AM
Just a heads up for those also missing Clairvoyant:

I put 6 Freezes on my maxed CG, and lost the first two times.
I tried again with 3 Freeze 3 Energy, and that gave another loss.
(also I have a grand total of 2 Shells so they're replaced by Health)
However, I'm seeing two main problems:
- No cleansing
- CG hogging Fury while people are dead

I could try AoP or blue Rescuer instead, but I can't finish sharding mine yet. Any other ideas?

EDIT: sharded and tried blue rescuer, with another loss. Missing buff removal will trip you up. Also Strikes red buzz can steal Endure, which won't help either. I'll just stick with Floor VIII

Wish I could trade my 2 Beelzebubs for her...

90mphyorker
10-13-2017, 06:59 AM
Thanks for the great event. Need loads of Red Talismans. Perfect time to try and get them!

druid138
10-13-2017, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the great event. Need loads of Red Talismans. Perfect time to try and get them!

Agree 100%. This is a great event, NF! Maybe one of the best yet. Please do more of them.

MoonShadow
10-13-2017, 08:38 AM
Yeap, cool event! Thx.

Wish that the game wouldn't freeze anymore on BNW, though, as I did 10 runs on floors XI + X only (need to complete a Rage set - currently I have 2 of them), and got one freeze => reboot game => sorry trooper.. :(

OTOH got zero talismans out of that 10 runs (minus one)...

@Kardas: wish I could give you one of my three Clairvoyants (well, 2 of them got sacrificed).

scott-5496
10-13-2017, 09:57 AM
I have just managed to auto IX four times with no issues using Full GRE, full GPD (with Thorns), Magus UR and Kari - all with Skill Shards and maxed. The counter strikes on defence almost kill themselves with the thorns!

Sick
10-13-2017, 10:03 AM
Have found a good team now with 100% win rate on auto farming level IX. It did some wins on level X as well, but it is better to do "assisted" auto farming there.

Navigator Eddie (Chance and Blind)
Clairvoyant (Health and Life)
Gunner Pharao Dog (Health and Ascension)
Assassin COD (Vampire and Thorn) with a perfect hit he takes down DK's shield almost by himself.

I am farming since 5 hours. Only talisman received so far - one Thorn.

konstifik
10-13-2017, 11:43 AM
Been autofarming IX and X with GRE, GPD, Claire and PDK. No losses so far, but two freezes. Got one thorn talisman and a ton of runes.

Haven't timed the runs, but feels like this team clears IX a lot faster than X so I think will keep it at IX to get more completions.

Nice event! I haven't played a single BNW level since clearing them all, but this got me into it.

Sidney
10-13-2017, 12:01 PM
Just a heads up for those also missing Clairvoyant:

I put 6 Freezes on my maxed CG, and lost the first two times.
I tried again with 3 Freeze 3 Energy, and that gave another loss.
(also I have a grand total of 2 Shells so they're replaced by Health)
However, I'm seeing two main problems:
- No cleansing
- CG hogging Fury while people are dead

I could try AoP or blue Rescuer instead, but I can't finish sharding mine yet. Any other ideas?

EDIT: sharded and tried blue rescuer, with another loss. Missing buff removal will trip you up. Also Strikes red buzz can steal Endure, which won't help either. I'll just stick with Floor VIII

Wish I could trade my 2 Beelzebubs for her...

Hmmmm.... That's bizarre. I know it's all about talismans and I know I don't have the best on all of my team, but here is what I'm using. All level 5 Talis and all toons sharded.

GRE - Shell, Enduring and 1 Energy
Blue Val - Health and 4 Holy
GPD - Thief, Energy
CG- Freeze (Mix of what I had available... 2 power, 2 arcane, and 2 sorcery)

Haven't lost once on auto on IX.

Granted I've only pulled 2 talismans after all the runs. One Thorn and one Rage. Going to be a long day. Guess my phone will be plugged in all day today.

Hope this helps others! I really wish I would have pulled Clair. Of my Eternal souls I've only been able to get 4 of them so far and I pulled 3 Eternity Eddies in a row and then last week I pulled Wrath. I wasn't too disappointed as he's great for farming LOL and GOD. Maybe next month I'll get Clair...

konstifik
10-13-2017, 12:56 PM
Anyone getting non-skilled talismans today? I've gotten two thorn and one strike talisman, all skilled.

R1ck
10-13-2017, 01:04 PM
Did shard MUR and using him instead of AoP to autofarm level 9, it is a little faster taking 4 to 5 min.

My team MUR, GRE, golden dog and blue Valkiria.

Only blue Valkiria is not sharded.

Sidney
10-13-2017, 01:17 PM
Did shard MUR and using him instead of AoP to autofarm level 9, it is a little faster taking 4 to 5 min.

My team MUR, GRE, golden dog and blue Valkiria.

Only blue Valkiria is not sharded.

I'm going to have to try that. It's taking about the same amount of time with CG, but I'll give MUR a run... I really haven't had the time to play around with that one yet. What Talismans do you have on him?

PerthEddie
10-13-2017, 01:17 PM
Played 7 or 8 times and finally finished level 10 and did a couple of more 10 after that and all was OK. My last 3 attempts at lvl 8 and 9 though have all resulted in freezes. Good job it has been made free to enter.

I might leave it for a while and try again later.

R1ck
10-13-2017, 01:32 PM
I'm going to have to try that. It's taking about the same amount of time with CG, but I'll give MUR a run... I really haven't had the time to play around with that one yet. What Talismans do you have on him?

Holy, Regen and health.
Holy are a must, maybe 2 set of them are better.

Sidney
10-13-2017, 02:26 PM
Holy, Regen and health.
Holy are a must, maybe 2 set of them are better.

Awesome!! Thanks!! I'll give it a try and let you know. I suppose I was incorrect when I said about it being the same amount of time for me to auto with CG. I just timed it and it was close to 8 minutes. Looking forward to seeing what "Blue Buzz" can do!

Thanks again!!

PerthEddie
10-13-2017, 03:21 PM
Well I left it for almost a couple of hours and guess what? The stupid motherfucker froze on me again. That is 4 times in a row now. Does playing it on auto cause it to keep freezing? As I said earlier it was working fine a while back but not now. Good job I aren't losing SoT on this!!

Going to try again but play manually this time and see what happens

Sidney
10-13-2017, 04:18 PM
Well I left it for almost a couple of hours and guess what? The stupid motherfucker froze on me again. That is 4 times in a row now. Does playing it on auto cause it to keep freezing? As I said earlier it was working fine a while back but not now. Good job I aren't losing SoT on this!!

I've played on auto on my phone and haven't had any freezes. When it froze when I was on manual a while ago, it was due to a bug about me touching the screen before it was my turn. Haven't had those problems at all on auto. I've been introduced to an emulator in an earlier thread and I'm loving it! Work from home Friday just got awesome!!! I have played 100% of this game on my cell phone and now I can use a PC when I'm home. Brilliant!!! Haven't had any hangs on the emulator, but I did get one Maco earlier today. Been running level IX so many times I've lost count and it's very stable.

Tridimensionale
10-13-2017, 04:26 PM

Same here.. 1 match out of 3 freeze.. BNW should always be free.. until they fix the problems at least..
I m using troopers on powerslave to save badges

PerthEddie
10-13-2017, 04:27 PM
Played lvl8 on manual and was fine. After that I did 2 lvl10 on auto and they worked fine too. God knows why it kept freezing :(

slauki
10-13-2017, 05:59 PM
awesome event, please more of these... how about some kind of purchase like pay 300 ironite for infinite sot for 24 hours, that would be a topseller.

or pay 200 for 12 hours something like that...

Blacksteel
10-13-2017, 06:07 PM
awesome event, please more of these... how about some kind of purchase like pay 300 ironite for infinite sot for 24 hours, that would be a topseller.

+1, this would be great, daily tickets, this would have the extra benefit of making all the freezing/bugs much more bearable, 1/5 to 1/2 of BNW runs end up in a freeze here depending on level, lower tiers do better since boss battles are shorter but tier IX and X get the most problems.

Sidney
10-13-2017, 06:08 PM

100% agree what Slauki said!!! I'd pay for that too!!!

Dank Brew
10-13-2017, 06:16 PM
Awesome event. Definitely more like this in the future please. Thanks

druid138
10-13-2017, 06:46 PM

Brilliant idea, slauki! I'd be all over that.

Witkacy
10-14-2017, 12:28 AM
Good evening gals & guys :)

I will allow myself to do a short resume of an event has passed...

-/+ LOTS of USELESS talismans = free cash

+ No single crash during +3 hrs of playing constantly

+ LOTS of evo runes and so runes as well

+ Gained some free SoTs...

BIG ''-'': The one & only reason I played - to get specifc talismans (fierce/safeguard), the other ones I didn't want popped in those types, yet the ones that I cared - ALWAYS popped - skilled... I've got them 6x and all been sold - thanks for the lesson NF - to NEVER approach the BNW dungeons - I could be lost HUNDEREDS of SoTs and so Ironities and still not get what I need...
In other words... WASTE OF TIME...

Cheers,

W