PDA

View Full Version : October 19th 2017 Update Discussion

Sparton_LOTB
10-19-2017, 06:52 PM
This is the main post to discuss general changes from the recent update.

You can see the details of the update that has just gone live in the Game Updates forum post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9063).

zamasu
10-19-2017, 07:10 PM
Am I missing something? I don't see any fixes related to Thorn Talismans. Are they still working the same way?

Kardas
10-19-2017, 07:11 PM
Quickly popping in to say thanks for the update! Game seems to run fine so far, and Satellite 15 and Arena events look good.

BTW, is Satellite 15 a permanent fixture, or only hanging around for special events (orbiting you could say, lol)

One snag I'm spotting so far: my defense tab is empty. Is that supposed to happen?

@ Zamasu: See this part in update:

Fixed an issue where a hang (or extremely long delay) could occur when Reflect Shields/Thorn Shields/etc were present on both sides of the battle and a lot of damage kickers were being triggered and reflected

zamasu
10-19-2017, 07:13 PM
Quickly popping in to say thanks for the update! Game seems to run fine so far, and Satellite 15 and Arena events look good.

BTW, is Satellite 15 a permanent fixture, or only hanging around for special events (orbiting you could say, lol)

One snag I'm spotting so far: my defense tab is empty. Is that supposed to happen?

@ Zamasu: See this part in update:

Thanks, I must have miss it. I didn't see it.

And BTW, @Sparton did you lower x3 speed in Arena?? it is wayyyy to slow now!

Sparton_LOTB
10-19-2017, 07:16 PM

It's a permanent addition; just remember that it'll only store up 2 batches of rewards!

Oh yeah, there was an optimization for server data that we cleared out some associations there; we still have the old match records, but the Defense List is starting clean from this update.

It'll start repopulating as everyone starts attacking everyone else again.

And BTW, @Sparton did you lower x3 speed in Arena?? it is wayyyy to slow now!

Huh, I'm not aware of any change happening there.

slauki
10-19-2017, 07:21 PM
VHE standard move does way less damage now than before, did you forget to mention that or is this unintended?
he hits like he has no skillshards on dusk....

zamasu
10-19-2017, 07:24 PM
It's a permanent addition; just remember that it'll only store up 2 batches of rewards!

Huh, I'm not aware of any change happening there.

I am experience a slower speed in my end. like playing x1 ...

and I second Slauki. VHE Dusk does no damage! is this intended?

Kaz_LOTB
10-19-2017, 07:25 PM
VHE standard move does way less damage now than before, did you forget to mention that or is this unintended?

Looking into it now. Thanks for the info.

-Kaz

zamasu
10-19-2017, 07:33 PM
Looking into it now. Thanks for the info.

-Kaz

Check his fury as well. Something is not right... Way too low damage

gmac
10-19-2017, 07:38 PM
Wrath hits like a toddler too.

Dank Brew
10-19-2017, 07:40 PM
It would be nice if AoF passive would work. Lost my first fight because it didn't give my team the extra turn. There was no passive block on the opposing team. Great start for me...

Kaz_LOTB
10-19-2017, 07:41 PM
Check his fury as well. Something is not right... Way too low damage

Wrath hits like a toddler too.

Following up on these..

There is indeed a tuning bug with Dusk. We will push a sever soon to fix that. As far as his Fury damage and Wrath's damage, they are currently as intended.

-Kaz

Sparton_LOTB
10-19-2017, 07:42 PM
It would be nice if AoF passive would work. Lost my first fight because it didn't give my team the extra turn. There was no passive block on the opposing team. Great start for me...

Do you know the exact time (or as close as possible to the exact time) you started/ended that battle?

Ancient Mariner
10-19-2017, 07:42 PM

yeah i was surprised of how low his damage got...ok the nerf but now he does something around the 60% less damage than before

Dank Brew
10-19-2017, 07:46 PM
Do you know the exact time (or as close as possible to the exact time) you started/ended that battle?

About 2 minutes before I posted that. As long as it took for me to go to the book of souls, and then type that.

zamasu
10-19-2017, 08:00 PM
Can you check the rewards on LoL too? I only get two displayed when it has to be three .....

blade685
10-19-2017, 08:11 PM
Can you check the rewards on LoL too? I only get two displayed when it has to be three .....
same for me we see only left and middle reward and not the right in LOL

slauki
10-19-2017, 08:28 PM
the animations are much slower now in pve, game takes much longer than before...

and i have a feeling that more characters suffer from lower damage...maybe good old skillshard bug? (had the feeling with pharaohs mend for example, but not sure)

Sparton_LOTB
10-19-2017, 08:32 PM
About 2 minutes before I posted that. As long as it took for me to go to the book of souls, and then type that.

Thanks for that info; I'm gonna try to deep dive into that match when a programmer is free and see if that matches up with a know bug or if that's something new.

same for me we see only left and middle reward and not the right in LOL

It looks like there's a bug when you get exactly 2 rewards that it's not centered; I wasn't aware we shipped with this, but I'll pass this along to be prioritized.

Kamuz24z
10-19-2017, 08:38 PM
Pvp is slow even in 3x speed and many toons ( Wrath, VHE, AG, URW so far) hit like none of them have any skill shards

Kardas
10-19-2017, 08:44 PM
Pvp is slow even in 3x speed and many toons ( Wrath, VHE, AG, URW so far) hit like none of them have any skill shards

Distinct possibility. It's been a year since the Trooper Skill Shards exploit got fixed (and the resulting bug).

One other thing I noticed is that the game thinks I have played zero BNW so far (Just the fact that I have Kari should clue people that that's not the case). Sparton, Kaz, any fix expected for the BNW quests played counter?

scott-5496
10-19-2017, 08:46 PM
I had to re boot a couple of times as PVE and LOL were looking odd when you went in to a level - there was none of my team to pick to play attack and no defence toons either - it did this in LOL and AMOLAD too. I rebooted and it seems fine again. I too am seeing the off centre reward in LOL - not major but it does look like you are missing a piece of loot.

PVP seems to be a lot better in terms of bugs - thorns seem fine so far and VHE fury crash has not happened yet either....he does also seem to be hitting very soft now which mean he does not kill himself as much when he hits my thorns...oh well never mind I guess I can live with that!! I wonder if the VHEs will drop off a little now...only time will tell!

Dank Brew
10-19-2017, 08:57 PM
I will miss this game. One more update before it is completely unplayable.

R.I.P.

konstifik
10-19-2017, 09:12 PM
Following up on these..

There is indeed a tuning bug with Dusk. We will push a sever soon to fix that. As far as his Fury damage and Wrath's damage, they are currently as intended.

-Kaz

You might want to take a second look at that, because VHE fury is definitely doing way less damage than before the update and there is nothing in the tuning notes about changing that skills. Did some calculations and it does indeed look like his skill shards aren't taken into account.

blade685
10-19-2017, 09:19 PM
Yes wrath really so bad damage now i will to let him in garage for some time ^^

Dank Brew
10-19-2017, 09:22 PM
This is just laughable now...

Ezz
10-19-2017, 09:28 PM
Prisoner appears to be blocking new fate talismans effects, at least on the first round. It’s a talisman not a passive so not sure why it’s blocked.
And yes wrath and vhe are now relegated to baby status.

Kaz_LOTB
10-19-2017, 09:42 PM
You might want to take a second look at that, because VHE fury is definitely doing way less damage than before the update and there is nothing in the tuning notes about changing that skills. Did some calculations and it does indeed look like his skill shards aren't taken into account.

Depending on the build, you should be seeing about 15K True damage for VHE's Fury, as per the damage decrease in the patch notes. The basic attack DUSK is the only skill we've verified that is not scaling properly. This will be fixed shortly. Do continue to post if you see any additional suspicious issues around damage though and we will investigate accordingly.

Sparton_LOTB
10-19-2017, 09:44 PM
and i have a feeling that more characters suffer from lower damage...maybe good old skillshard bug? (had the feeling with pharaohs mend for example, but not sure)

[...]( Wrath, VHE, AG, URW so far) hit like none of them have any skill shards

Can you provide more details for the damage numbers you're seeing and the damage numbers you're expecting? We're not observing the issue you're describing in a general sense, and it's not clear if you're seeing something new or are just seeing tuning changes/the known issue with Dusk.

Prisoner appears to be blocking new fate talismans effects, at least on the first round. It’s a talisman not a passive so not sure why it’s blocked.

This is probably related to the issue that the Prisoner is blocking certain talisman effects. I'll make a note to ensure the fix is checked with this new talisman as well.

Mariner-1212
10-19-2017, 09:54 PM
Warrior Trixter seems to be bugged a bit, it just removed Endure (2 turn) from my entire team, even though he's a single hitter. No thorns, no cyclones, no blue bat - it was a very clean removal. Everything just went away.

Sparton_LOTB
10-19-2017, 10:01 PM
Warrior Trixter seems to be bugged a bit, it just removed Endure (2 turn) from my entire team, even though he's a single hitter. No thorns, no cyclones, no blue bat - it was a very clean removal. Everything just went away.

Do you recall when exactly was the match where that occurred?

Dank Brew
10-19-2017, 10:01 PM

Just wait for his next trick. It's called remove servers. 100% chance to destroy the game itself.

I've said it before, and i'll say it again. No one cares about events if the game doesn't work.

Browno
10-19-2017, 10:04 PM
Love the new art in ailing kingdom, looks awesome! I think people are referring to vhe rebirth doing less damage, it is pretty noticable. I have not changed talismans on him and he used to do 7k damage eah hit and now he does 4k instead which is a pretty huge decrease.

Rainmaker however is a damage monster now going from 7k each execute hit to around 12k

Kaz_LOTB
10-19-2017, 10:06 PM
Love the new art in ailing kingdom, looks awesome! I think people are referring to vhe rebirth doing less damage, it is pretty noticable. I have not changed talismans on him and he used to do 7k damage eah hit and now he does 4k instead which is a pretty huge decrease.

Rainmaker however is a damage monster now going from 7k each execute hit to around 12k

Depending on your build (full damage vs half tank), those values sound about right.

-Kaz

Mariner-1212
10-19-2017, 10:12 PM
Do you recall when exactly was the match where that occurred?

It was against Psycho, I remember that... probably 5 mins before I reported, roughly

Browno
10-19-2017, 10:15 PM
Depending on your build (full damage vs half tank), those values sound about right.

-Kaz
Then my numbers seem about right :)
Nice def and mr boost on rainmaker too. 200% or something like that :)

Dank Brew
10-19-2017, 10:16 PM
Wtf is the point of these tunings? You make one great attacker into a wimp, and a wimp into a great attacker. All your doing is annoying people. This is ridiculous to me and I don't even have either of them.

For the record, they are both natural 5* assassin eddies. THE HARDEST PULLS TO ACHIEVE IN THE ENTIRE GAME. They should both be strong as fuck. Stop making unnecessary changes and fix the fucking game.

Amarthir
10-19-2017, 10:19 PM
Prisoner passive bug is my least favorite one right now. Although looks like Corrupt General is a monster now. I have All Hail fully sharded and it's stunning people in waves.

Also, Navigator Eddie's "Roaring Wave" attack is pretty messed up on the timing part. Unless it's just me.

Askora
10-19-2017, 10:25 PM
And yes wrath and vhe are now relegated to baby status.

This is probably related to the issue that the Prisoner is blocking certain talisman effects. I'll make a note to ensure the fix is checked with this new talisman as well.

If you're going to fix that, it would be nice if you could fix it where he blocks passives again. Most notable is not blocking the 'block' passive on the first round, but I think golden pharaoh dog's 'aegis' passive may also be immune on the first round. I've also seen NBoL (assassin and warrior) ignoring the blocked passive status.

Patrice-1201
10-19-2017, 10:27 PM
Where my VHE fury was doing 9k per hit it now does 3k per hit...

slauki
10-19-2017, 10:35 PM
will test more regarding the damage and post then...

just used FOTD, green boy and prisoner on jaws of death. on the first round the dogs of war took damage despite prisoners should have blocked it... since i got the achievment it was also tracked correctly, but dog of war took the damage nontheless....
aside that i never saw a red x on any other turns than the first, not sure if that's only a visual bug....

konstifik
10-19-2017, 10:36 PM
Depending on the build, you should be seeing about 15K True damage for VHE's Fury, as per the damage decrease in the patch notes. The basic attack DUSK is the only skill we've verified that is not scaling properly. This will be fixed shortly. Do continue to post if you see any additional suspicious issues around damage though and we will investigate accordingly.

Ah, my bad, I mixed up the names of the Rouse and Rebirth skills and thought it was one of his power moves that had changed.

But the damage is a bit lackluster now and hardly stays true to the skill description ("Deals massive damage").

Dank Brew
10-19-2017, 10:48 PM
Ah, my bad, I mixed up the names of the Rouse and Rebirth skills and thought it was one of his power moves that had changed.

But the damage is a bit lackluster now and hardly stays true to the skill description ("Deals massive damage").

Sounds about right to me. They don't seem to understand the meaning of massive, we thought they did for a while. But today proves they don't. Unless the new meaning of "deals massive damage" is to the playability of the game... Maybe that's their intention?

I need to find a new hobby. This is just silly now.

Kaz_LOTB
10-19-2017, 10:49 PM
Wtf is the point of these tunings?

Essentially Vampire Hunter Eddie was a bit too overpowered. He is meant to be more of a utility assassin with a balance of damage and party enhancement. However, he was the hardest hitting Eddie who also had some of the best utility in the game. Rainmaker on the other-hand was always intended to be the "one-shot" assassin. The tuning adjustments to each character were made to bring them more in alignment with their intended roles.

-Kaz

Dank Brew
10-19-2017, 10:52 PM
Essentially Vampire Hunter Eddie was a bit too overpowered. He is meant to be more of a utility assassin with a balance of damage and party enhancement. However, he was the hardest hitting Eddie who also had some of the best utility in the game. Rainmaker on the other-hand was always intended to be the "one-shot" assassin. The tuning adjustments to each character were made to bring them more in alignment with their intended roles.

-Kaz

The guy that gets 100% critical strike wasn't intended to be powerful? The guy who "Deals massive damage" wasn't meant to be powerful?

This makes no sense. I give up.

Kaz_LOTB
10-19-2017, 10:57 PM
The guy that gets 100% critical strike wasn't intended to be powerful? The guy who "Deals massive damage" wasn't meant to be powerful?

15K+ True Damage on a target still ranks it as one of the harder hitting skills in the game. We will look at updating the wording of the ability though to make it feel less like a false promise. Also note that it will now deal MORE damage to higher HP targets, such as the BNW bosses.

-Kaz

Rain88
10-19-2017, 11:03 PM
I'm all for the nerf of vampire hunter eddie... everyone was using him all the time (including me)... but the nerf was too much.

Also Rainmaker buff is better than the preliminary (I guess these forums does matter) but still not enough... None of his skills are useful except for damage.

Wrath also deserved a nerf but this nerf was WAY too much (after all he's supposed to be an "Eternal" and now he hits like the wicker man).

Shame nothing have been done about most of the bugs (especially angel of fear and prisoner) and the trooper use problem. Regardless cool update.

Monte47
10-19-2017, 11:05 PM
Love the new missions, fun on the fragments. Pleased with the update...

Couple things I’ve noticed, the same as others... Wrath is hitting about 4,000 total, even against a gunner, and mine is fully sharded. Arena seems like it’s at 2x speed, and I did notice the VHE didn’t do near the damage he normally does to my team. He can sometimes take out my GCR in one hit, and barely cut in to her health.

Cheers-
Eskiggalu

Sparton_LOTB
10-19-2017, 11:21 PM
It was against Psycho, I remember that... probably 5 mins before I reported, roughly

I'll try to track that down that match record and add that to the other item to try and investigate, thanks.

If you're going to fix that, it would be nice if you could fix it where he blocks passives again. Most notable is not blocking the 'block' passive on the first round, but I think golden pharaoh dog's 'aegis' passive may also be immune on the first round. I've also seen NBoL (assassin and warrior) ignoring the blocked passive status.

The block not being stopped by Passive Disabled is known.

I'll make a note to investigate Aegis and Revenge.

mjmxiii
10-19-2017, 11:36 PM
I am convinced that you all have no idea how to go about finding balance among your characters so instead, you ruin good chars to force them to the bench to change your precious PvP meta instead of challenging yourselves to bring other chars up to the same level.. it used to be laughable, now it's fucking pathetic. You have exceeded disappointment. If that was your intention, congratulations. You knocked it out of the park, grand fucking slam guys.

Sparton_LOTB
10-19-2017, 11:37 PM
We just pushed a small server update with the following:

Fix for Dusk doing less damage than intended
Fix for the Fate Talismans description in the PVP store indicating they were a 2 set (instead of the 3 set effect that they are)

Kamuz24z
10-19-2017, 11:53 PM
Can you provide more details for the damage numbers you're seeing and the damage numbers you're expecting? We're not observing the issue you're describing in a general sense, and it's not clear if you're seeing something new or are just seeing tuning changes/the known issue with Dusk.

After some more testing it was just VHE sorry for posting wrong info

gmac
10-20-2017, 12:02 AM
I can't sell talismans.

"Server error, inventory changes not saved, try again!"

Anyone else with this issue?

gmac

Askora
10-20-2017, 12:45 AM
You missed renaming 'Wrath' to 'Slightly Annoyed'.

Amarthir
10-20-2017, 01:03 AM
Looks like that Skull Quest bug is back where it doesn't save that you already did a mission, so if you're me and don't pay attention when you click next and play a mission you already did, the game crashes.

T-Man
10-20-2017, 01:08 AM

-Kaz

Kaz,
VH is a rare 5* 28 skill shard Eddie assasin, and you guys just nerfed him to the bench. This is ridiculous, and it just isn’t right man.
This is a dagger to the heart! R.I.P. Vampire Hunter. You will be severely missed. :(

Wrath is is a 5* as well, and everyone playing can earn him.

There are better ways to balance things. I don’t support this at all!

R1ck
10-20-2017, 02:06 AM
I also don't agree with wrath's nerf, his power move maybe needed a tweak but not his main attack.

Amarthir
10-20-2017, 02:06 AM
VHE doesn't seem that far nerfed to me. They only pulled down the damage on his fury and shaved off a little bit of extra turn chance with his basic. In my opinion, he's still the most valuable character on my roster and I'll still be using him to shred the competition.

Wrath on the other hand..... Even I can punch harder than he can, it's so embarrassing that I don't even want him now. And I've spent months trying to find him. Maybe when the Trooper souls show up this Christmas (it's on my Christmas list next to Night City) there might be another Wrath-type figure to take his place.

JJJ428
10-20-2017, 02:28 AM
Is anyone else seeing the game running sluggish? Between navigating the worlds and playing in the arena everything seems to lag. Could be my phone but seems to be worse since this update wanted to see if anyone else can confirm.

kkkreg5
10-20-2017, 02:42 AM
Since my posted was deleted from another thread... Nothing to address the Trooper usage? Looks like even more bugs being introduced or old ones reappearing, players being the test dummies, and who knows what else. I think I have to agree with Dank, this game may be dead...

I don't know what can be done at this point other than a complete shut down to fix ALL issues at once.

What I do know is this is one of the most loyal fan bases in the world, and it's being shit on. Might be time to go play Angry Birds... I'm guaranteed 4 Eddie birds there...

<Keg>
10-20-2017, 03:04 AM
All the games i've played in my life do the same thing. When they nerf, they don't nerf, they simply DESTROY the character. It's true that toons like VHE and Wrath were too strong, but it does not make any sense nerf them in that way. I think it would be a lot better if instead, other toons were improved. Specially when we all invest SS on them. SS are a very rare resource in the game. For me, it took weeks and weeks to fam them to finally got that toons fully sharded, and now, all that work is lost. VHE received big nerf, but it is still playable. Can't say the same to Wrath. If you guys can't make all the characters competitive to play, sure a nerf in some point would be necessary, but it's quite unfair with the players that their effort to rise their toons to max get crashed this way.

Askora
10-20-2017, 03:37 AM
All the games i've played in my life do the same thing. When they nerf, they don't nerf, they simply DESTROY the character. It's true that toons like VHE and Wrath were too strong, but it does not make any sense nerf them in that way. I think it would be a lot better if instead, other toons were improved. Specially when we all invest SS on them. SS are a very rare resource in the game. For me, it took weeks and weeks to fam them to finally got that toons fully sharded, and now, all that work is lost. VHE received big nerf, but it is still playable. Can't say the same to Wrath. If you guys can't make all the characters competitive to play, sure a nerf in some point would be necessary, but it's quite unfair with the players that their effort to rise their toons to max get crashed this way.

Yeah, sad the hentai toons are the strongest ones in the game.

You might want to switch your champion to an Eddie, or at least something better than Wrath (since he's now about equivalent to a 3* assassin).

<Keg>
10-20-2017, 04:05 AM
Yeah, sad the hentai toons are the strongest ones in the game.

You might want to switch your champion to an Eddie, or at least something better than Wrath (since he's now about equivalent to a 3* assassin).

Yeah. I was thinking exactly about this. What toon to put as champion now. The problem with Eddies is that i just have two maxed.

For a while, i'm going to put GRE. But always open for trooper requests.

Sparton_LOTB
10-20-2017, 05:29 AM
Regarding discussion around character balancing changes, we do encourage that discussion, but I would like to remind everyone to keep it civil (both when addressing the development team and each other).

We are reviewing peoples concerns and will take them into consideration for future tuning, even if we aren't responding to every concern.

After some more testing it was just VHE sorry for posting wrong info

No worries, thanks for confirming.

I can't sell talismans.

"Server error, inventory changes not saved, try again!"

Anyone else with this issue?

Please send a message to support using the in-game Support button, and let them know the issue you're having. I think it's something they can easily fix if they are notified.

Since my posted was deleted from another thread... Nothing to address the Trooper usage?

We have trooper changes and additions planned, but nothing specific to announce yet.

konstifik
10-20-2017, 06:29 AM
15K+ True Damage on a target still ranks it as one of the harder hitting skills in the game. We will look at updating the wording of the ability though to make it feel less like a false promise. Also note that it will now deal MORE damage to higher HP targets, such as the BNW bosses.

-Kaz

His damage against the Sentinel LoL, which if I'm not mistaken is the highest HP target outside of BNW, was still about a third lower than before the update.

I am understanding of wanting to bring his fury damage down, but it's always frustrating to see characters you've invested heavily in (and VHE being one of the most expensive toons to max out on shards) being nerfed. When you had the massive damage description, it also felt like that was the way you wanted it to be. Why put that description there if he is meant to be a utility toon rather than a high-damage toon? The Nomads basic skill says nothing about massive damage but will deal more damage than VHE fury against most targets. It's inconsistent and in the end a bit misleading to us players.

Mercifal
10-20-2017, 09:03 AM
Achievements are bugged again

Yup
10-20-2017, 09:11 AM
I'm still VERY unclear on where the "rank" for Satellite 15 comes from. I don't see anywhere which lists a rank other than PVP.... but surely that can't be the same rank because then it would be backwards according to the S15 pop up. -- Oh, wait... is that the 1-100 levels that are pointless after you hit 100? If it is you need to change the wording to "level" not "rank" to keep continuity. "Rank" is only used in the Arena as far as I can tell.

Glad to see Rainmaker Eddie won't be such a wimp. I was so disappointed when I had him all powered up with full talismans and he was still weaker than 50% of the non-Eddie characters. I do still think his max HP could use another 1-1.5K added to it. I have 13 Eddies and only Carriage Rider Eddie maxes out at lower HP (6500). Rainmaker Eddie maxing out at 6800 seems a real disservice when Storm Eddie is at 9800 and Run To The Hills Eddie is at 7000. But oh well.

Just to anger some... a suggestion.... there should be a limit on PVP eternity souls.. only 1 per team... just because you've sat and played for a year to load up a PVP team with 2 Wraths, Beelzebub, and Eternity Eddie doesn't mean you should be ranked highest. It just means you managed to collect the most eternity fragments.

MoonShadow
10-20-2017, 09:38 AM
I'm pretty sure it was already reported somewhere, but I don't have the time & patience right now to read all the new comments after the update, but AoF's passive is still tricky.

After I did the first kill in a battle, the next round the opponent killed one of my allies, and the AoF triggered an extra turn...

Also, is it just me who had various troubles in playing the game on an pc emulator today? I've got a bunch of errors, google play & google play services related, though. I could log in the game & play only after countless cache clearings and updates uninstalling, after almost 4 hours.. :(

MrFreeze
10-20-2017, 10:35 AM
Posted 6-30-2017
“I do however thank you very much for the new improved VHE! The only problem is, he's so good I know it won't last. I hope you guys tested him, and this was what you were going for. He's pretty awesome now.”

Can’t you guys just stop wasting time on tuning and fix the bugs? I know, different departments. Can’t you teach the person doing the tuning to fix bugs?

Or give us the skill shards back. I used to be against this idea, but when I look at all the maxed characters I have sitting on the bench due to various nerfs, it really becomes obvious what a waste of time all this is.

thealchemist
10-20-2017, 10:37 AM
Been playing a bit of campaign and then a few arena battles. Going back to campaign mode I come to the screen to select my team but no team is selected and the enemies aren't showing either. Only 2 Eddie slots. Also still showing win bonus from arena etc. its like the game is confused if its the arena or campaign and had a melt down. I have since tried going back to arena as I thought well if I can't play campaign might as well earn more fragments in arena, except when I press battle button nothing happens. I'll try rebooting the game but with more bugs this is going to be another long arsed event by the looks of it...

slauki
10-20-2017, 01:35 PM
actually i tested arena a little now, and i like the changes, yeah it's ugly to give up on a beloved toy, but the gap between chars gets less extreme, so i think this is really okay.
cool that you fixed dusk so fast, ty for that, would wish more of these instafixes...

missions are cool too, i like the event and the thorn fixes and the satilite 15...so all in all this is an okay update.

can follow up with the prisoner bug he doesn't block block (lol):

aside this AOF gets his passive back when revived, i think this is an older bug, but still annoying. if an enemy gets killed after aof was revived whole party will get an extra turn...

calizario
10-20-2017, 01:41 PM
Kaz,
VH is a rare 5* 28 skill shard Eddie assasin, and you guys just nerfed him to the bench. This is ridiculous, and it just isn’t right man.
This is a dagger to the heart! R.I.P. Vampire Hunter. You will be severely missed. :(

Wrath is is a 5* as well, and everyone playing can earn him.

There are better ways to balance things. I don’t support this at all!

100000% agree with you mate.

it would be fairer to improve some toons that are not used than to apply these ridiculous nerf's. Despite having 2 wrath's totally shard I did not care much about this nerf .. but the VHE was totally ridiculous.

Kaz_LOTB
10-20-2017, 01:50 PM
Why put that description there if he is meant to be a utility toon rather than a high-damage toon?

You are right in that the word "massive" should probably have never been put there. With any tuning related to characters though, nothing is static and locked in stone. The roles of characters can change and evolve as the game does. The most important thing is that characters find their niche overtime and have clearer strengths and weaknesses to encourage diversity in champion selection.

One of the key reasons VHE's fury was brought down a notch is because it literally did the most damage of any other Eddie's fury in the game, but also made his team deal insane damage for several turn following that. He basically had too many strengths already, there is no reason he should also then be one shotting every character in the game with his fury. Honestly, even after the tuning changes he is STILL probably the strongest all around Eddie in the game. The changes really only make him a bit less abusable in PvP.

-Kaz

Mariner-1212
10-20-2017, 01:52 PM
aside this AOF gets his passive back when revived, i think this is an older bug, but still annoying. if an enemy gets killed after aof was revived whole party will get an extra turn...

But if we're doing that, then this should be fixed for all of the toons, since they all get their passives back when they get revived (e.g. Prisoner revives and blocks everyone's passive again instantly).

Witkacy
10-20-2017, 01:59 PM
100000% agree with you mate.

it would be fairer to improve some toons that are not used than to apply these ridiculous nerf's. Despite having 2 wrath's totally shard I did not care much about this nerf .. but the VHE was totally ridiculous.

Calizario :)

That's sad... Completely agree - despite NOT having any characters which been nerfed - I can say this is not OK - for simply not respecting players' efforts & so the time... I was hoping to get VHE or Wrath (if having enough frags and luck) someday... Now - not quite... If I would get Wrath off my ES - it will be disaster... BTW... Eternity Eddie seems to be average, Beelzebub as well... The only two interesting were The Claire and so Wrath... Now the Lady's been left alone...

Why CAN'T proceed with something different, NF? Instead of KILLING toons, maybe get the others been sorta weaker more attention and balance them to be even? That way people would want to possess in their inventories much more good characters...

Cheers,

W

Kaz_LOTB
10-20-2017, 02:09 PM
It would be fairer to improve some toons that are not used than to apply these ridiculous nerf's.

We improve other characters all the time as needed. If you take a look historically, the vast majority of tuning changes are buffs there to make characters more viable in the various game modes and tiers of power they are meant to excel in. Whenever we lower the power of a character, it's mainly to bring it more inline with their role or to balance their play patterns to have tradeoffs. For instance, in the case of Wrath, he had a high damage AOE attack AND one of the most consistent AOE strips in the game. On top of that, his power move could instantly K.O. an entire team after 1 round. This led to a very wrath heavy meta, because it was easy to get at least one of those 3 benefits off on a consistent basis with little counterplay available.

With his current changes, most of his damage has been moved to his Fury skill, which is a more appropriate place for it, but the utility on his basic attack still remains, keeping him as one of the most reliable AOE beneficial effect removers out there. His strengths and weaknesses are more balanced. So yes, while you can't just easily spam damage and remove beneficial effects at the same time with him, he can still do both at a fairly high success rate compared to most other characters.

-Kaz

Yup
10-20-2017, 02:48 PM
Reproducible Bug

PVP

Opponent has a character with auto-revive, such as Golden Son/Newborn or Light any class -- I haven't seen this with the Immortality but it may be a problem there as well)

Character gets frozen in battle.

Character dies (for the first time) while frozen......

Character disappears.... game freezes... character never revives.

Must reboot game (losing PVP battle).

Nicko
10-20-2017, 02:55 PM
You are right in that the word "massive" should probably have never been put there. With any tuning related to characters though, nothing is static and locked in stone. The roles of characters can change and evolve as the game does. The most important thing is that characters find their niche overtime and have clearer strengths and weaknesses to encourage diversity in champion selection.

One of the key reasons VHE's fury was brought down a notch is because it literally did the most damage of any other Eddie's fury in the game, but also made his team deal insane damage for several turn following that. He basically had too many strengths already, there is no reason he should also then be one shotting every character in the game with his fury. Honestly, even after the tuning changes he is STILL probably the strongest all around Eddie in the game. The changes really only make him a bit less abusable in PvP.

-Kaz

I've had my head completely out of the game for a couple weeks, but I have to agree with Kaz here. VHE did EVERYTHING - crazy damage - retrigger - heal - mark - revive - killer damage on fury - give the team killer damage after fury - it was kind of ridiculous.

I absolutely get he is a big skillshard commitment and it's frustrating to have him adjusted after that investment. But I have a feeling he'll still be the most used Eddie on offense even AFTER the nerf - and that speaks pretty loudly that he was overpowered. I NEVER touched another Eddie until I saw what DM could do to VHE.

I hope we now see more variety on defense. It was sorely needed.

Nicko
10-20-2017, 03:01 PM
We improve other characters all the time as needed. If you take a look historically, the vast majority of tuning changes are buffs there to make characters more viable in the various game modes and tiers of power they are meant to excel in. Whenever we lower the power of a character, it's mainly to bring it more inline with their role or to balance their play patterns to have tradeoffs. For instance, in the case of Wrath, he had a high damage AOE attack AND one of the most consistent AOE strips in the game. On top of that, his power move could instantly K.O. an entire team after 1 round. This led to a very wrath heavy meta, because it was easy to get at least one of those 3 benefits off on a consistent basis with little counterplay available.

With his current changes, most of his damage has been moved to his Fury skill, which is a more appropriate place for it, but the utility on his basic attack still remains, keeping him as one of the most reliable AOE beneficial effect removers out there. His strengths and weaknesses are more balanced. So yes, while you can't just easily spam damage and remove beneficial effects at the same time with him, he can still do both at a fairly high success rate compared to most other characters.

-Kaz

And I disagree here ;). Wrath had numerous vulnerabilities - he was really easy to take down - he could KILL his own team by attacking a shielded offense - his fury was a joke and I always said "hallelujah" when he'd use his fury instead of VHE.

Wrath was emasculated pure and simple. Way too much of a nerf.

Witkacy
10-20-2017, 03:54 PM

-Kaz

Kaz :)

Short and up to the point - it's YOUR game, not mine - so you're free to do whatever you wish with it - nerf ''overpowered'' toons in the name of ''balance''... Then pull another ''overpowered'' toons ON PURPOSE to keep players interested in getting them (and even spend more money possibly) as everyone would agree here that hardly no-one would chase after poor/average/rounded* stuff cause it's simply waste of time - I guess everyone of the players want some STABILITY - once getting some good toons -> maxed them out -> use and look for another ones... You guys simply playing The Gods here... It may be fun, for sure - yet start to appreciate people's time at last... Maxing a character is NOT the matter of days - it's a matter of WEEKS or even MONTHS while some gradually building up their ''priceless'' and ''favourities''... And you guys breaking all the efforts just like that...

How to talk to you and ask - NOT to nerf the toons? Maybe those who still PAY YOU should ''nerf'' their expenses on your game as well, huh?

Please LEAVE the toons as THEY are... Unless you wish all of them be the same, well rounded, balanced and LAME... Is this you guys want to achieve? Be my guest - go ahead, but I can't let you waste my time (I sacrifice on developing toons) ever more... Period.

Cheers,

W

* - pick what suits you

IceManFerrar
10-20-2017, 03:55 PM
I've had my head completely out of the game for a couple weeks, but I have to agree with Kaz here. VHE did EVERYTHING - crazy damage - retrigger - heal - mark - revive - killer damage on fury - give the team killer damage after fury - it was kind of ridiculous.

I absolutely get he is a big skillshard commitment and it's frustrating to have him adjusted after that investment. But I have a feeling he'll still be the most used Eddie on offense even AFTER the nerf - and that speaks pretty loudly that he was overpowered. I NEVER touched another Eddie until I saw what DM could do to VHE.

I hope we now see more variety on defense. It was sorely needed.

I’m with Nicko on this one. VHE was way too overpowered, and it became a clear distinction between the haves and have nots. Combined with the Purple Valkyrie, those teams were just too hard to beat due to the limited offense options we non-VHE folks had (bring a toon to provide Immunity, another to provide block to help protect your team from VHE’s insane attack, maybe a reviver, and finally one good attacker).
I thought that after the Aces High buff we would finally have a counter to VHE, but nope, Aces High stood no chance against VHE. I feel for you guys who spent so many SS on him, but then again, many of us are in the same boat...I have a ton of maxed toons (including the recently neutered Wrath) who are sitting on the bench.

I recall seeing a post from Moonshadow where his Attack list was completely filled with only VHE teams....simply ridiculous. It became a painful grind...part of the reason why I got fed up of the game and went casual/took many breaks.

That being said, Wrath does hit like a toddler (loved that statement from Gmac, lol), so his neutering is indeed drastic, but oh well, as someone who has a fully maxed Wrath, I think he was way too overpowered. To be able to remove all beneficial effects (45% my foot...it always seems like 100% removal when I get attacked), while also causing huge damage, that is too OP on my opinion.

Overall, the recent Events have been fun. I reinstalled the game due to the Pumpkin Sacrifice one, and had fun burning my 500+ common souls. Got all the Pumpkins multiple times and managed to get a Vortex fill, which gave me 9 Skillshards and 6 Legendary souls, from which I got Tailgunner Eddie (my 3rd most wanted Eddie after VHE [yes, I still want him, which shows how powerful he is] and Cyborg [simply badass looking]).

The Satellite 51 stuff is cool, and free rewards for those who have reached Level 100, so a nice way of NF saying thank you to us. Thorn shields bug being fixed is awesome. New Ritual Souls characters seem cool, but I would take the darn Valkyries any day...they are too OP. I don’t have a single one of them...sigh!

PS Nicko, what was that about DM against VHE? Does DM = Desert Marauder?

mjmxiii
10-20-2017, 04:36 PM
Dear Nobbing Frags,

You guys are killing the game, one update at a time. Terrible update, no matter who tries to justify why these changes happened. Can't you see that new chars are pointless? It's become pointless to max chars, talismans or waste anymore time grinding troops for skill shards because you put limits on the store and then, you nerf these chars that everyone who is lucky enough to summon and grinds to get to max levels into early retirement.

The whole thing has taken on a "same shit, different update" vibe. All in the name of changing your PvP meta. You guys can't figure out how to counter the monsters you create so you castrate them instead and continually change the value of our initial investments. All the while, lacking the ability to thoroughly test your updates before they are released and asking your player base to help you sort out the mess.

The cycle is repeated every one to two months... and it has become the addicted tendency to bow our heads and say, "well, its not that bad"... no its much worse than that. It was fun while it lasted but the journey has become one of denial and the minute the rest of your player base realizes that, its gonna be time to find a new game to ruin.

RIP LotB

Bradata
10-20-2017, 04:46 PM
I just had a fight in PVP and VHE fury did only 2500 each hit on a Wrath with no buffs...!?
Please devs, don't tell me that this is normal! 2500 is WAY less than it used to be.

Witkacy
10-20-2017, 04:56 PM
Devs :)

What happened to the Rewards screen after last update?

Before the update everything looked nice and tidy - and now - like it should be something more, but somehow ''missing''...

Cool idea with Satelite, yet why I CAN'T sell the talismans reght after I get 'em - like in stage mode... So I have to open my inventory and seek manually of these I don't want to... NOT convenient at all, I have to say...

Cheers,

W

Bobby2613-8511
10-20-2017, 05:21 PM
Devs :)

Before the update everything looked nice and tidy - and now - like it should be something more, but somehow ''missing''...

W

Pretty sure it's a display bug and it's a skill shard missing!!! ;)

Sparton_LOTB
10-20-2017, 05:28 PM
Regarding the bugs for the reproducable combat hang, oddness in pre-battle screen, etc, Kaz has passed those along to the team to investigate. Thanks for the reports.

I'm still VERY unclear on where the "rank" for Satellite 15 comes from. I don't see anywhere which lists a rank other than PVP.... but surely that can't be the same rank because then it would be backwards according to the S15 pop up. -- Oh, wait... is that the 1-100 levels that are pointless after you hit 100? If it is you need to change the wording to "level" not "rank" to keep continuity. "Rank" is only used in the Arena as far as I can tell.

"Player rank" (or just "rank") is actually the correct in-game term, used on things like the 2x XP Boost description, player rank achievements, player rank up screen, etc. We typically reserve "level" to refer to the progression of characters, not players, but many players use the terms interchangably (and I imagine we developers sometimes to do... but I'm trying to clamp down on that on our official text as much as possible).

Tridimensionale
10-20-2017, 05:32 PM
You missed renaming 'Wrath' to 'Slightly Annoyed'.

lol , sad but true.. as it is now is useless

Yup
10-20-2017, 06:05 PM
stuff....

Okay, cool. It just was really confusing to me at first not seeing a correlation to the PVP Rank and the word "rank", I don't think, is really used anywhere else in the game. The Character screens all refer to LVL or "level" Same for Talismans .. all "LV." If I remember correctly, that big full screen reward Eddie reads " .... Level ... " then small at the bottom might show rank, power, cost... can't remember exactly.

But either way works. It was more of a descriptive point of contention than anything to do with game play directly.

Dank Brew
10-20-2017, 06:56 PM
Dear Nobbing Frags,

You guys are killing the game, one update at a time. Terrible update, no matter who tries to justify why these changes happened. Can't you see that new chars are pointless? It's become pointless to max chars, talismans or waste anymore time grinding troops for skill shards because you put limits on the store and then, you nerf these chars that everyone who is lucky enough to summon and grinds to get to max levels into early retirement.

The whole thing has taken on a "same shit, different update" vibe. All in the name of changing your PvP meta. You guys can't figure out how to counter the monsters you create so you castrate them instead and continually change the value of our initial investments. All the while, lacking the ability to thoroughly test your updates before they are released and asking your player base to help you sort out the mess.

The cycle is repeated every one to two months... and it has become the addicted tendency to bow our heads and say, "well, its not that bad"... no its much worse than that. It was fun while it lasted but the journey has become one of denial and the minute the rest of your player base realizes that, its gonna be time to find a new game to ruin.

RIP LotB

Glad to see i'm not the only one who feels that way. It's very frustrating because I WANT to enjoy this game. I want it to succeed. But the devs just don't listen to us... RIP LotB

Dank Brew
10-20-2017, 07:04 PM
Pretty sure it's a display bug and it's a skill shard missing!!! ;)

I've got this quite a few times just this morning. I haven't seen a reply on this from sparton... Maybe I missed it? It's like the daily log in reward that only shows up 2-3 times a week. What's next? Losing battles you actually won?

There are SO MANY small glitches and bugs it is insane. Listen to us for once. Just have everyone at NF focus on bugs and make the game function properly, THEN give us events.

Teach them how to fix it if they don't know how, or (this might sound crazy) make them play the game.... FIND THE BUGS FOR US?? Report the bugs for us?? SHOW the people who correct it, right to their face. Crazy right?

After all we're not getting paid to be your game testers. In face some players give YOU money to be your game tester. How is that fair?

BTW, I got two missing rewards screens during the typing of this on auto play.

surfingwithdje
10-20-2017, 07:12 PM
About this update , everything about the events, the new missions and achievements, new toons to get, new feature, ...is very nice

About the character tuning I'm OK with the little nerf of VHE, he is still a good charact.
But Wrath?? He was one of the best charact in the game and he is the worse now :/
You should reconsider this nerf: his power move was too strong, but his standard attack was OK (considering that he is very easy to kill)

I used him a lot for farming and playing my 50 troopers... it's sooo long now :/

Please do something to make him great again!!

Dje

Nicko
10-20-2017, 07:35 PM
About this update , everything about the events, the new missions and achievements, new toons to get, new feature, ...is very nice

About the character tuning I'm OK with the little nerf of VHE, he is still a good charact.
But Wrath?? He was one of the best charact in the game and he is the worse now :/
You should reconsider this nerf: his power move was too strong, but his standard attack was OK (considering that he is very easy to kill)

I used him a lot for farming and playing my 50 troopers... it's sooo long now :/

Dje

I agree with all of this

slauki
10-20-2017, 07:41 PM
But if we're doing that, then this should be fixed for all of the toons, since they all get their passives back when they get revived (e.g. Prisoner revives and blocks everyone's passive again instantly).

Dje

if you compare him with EVERY other toon regarding farming you will see how much more damage he did (with the basic attack)...and he removed aoe beneficials in addition to this, cannot see how anyone don't agree with that being way too much. it's very obvious to me...
and well, we will still see a lot of wraths and vhes in the arena, so they cannot be that now bad i guess ;)

Dank Brew
10-20-2017, 07:43 PM
Here's another one. AoF passive kicked in for not even getting a kill... AFTER we already got the extra turn for a kill. hahaha I guess this match was in my favor...

Ezz
10-20-2017, 07:48 PM
Here's another one. AoF passive kicked in for not even getting a kill... AFTER we already got the extra turn for a kill. hahaha I guess this match was in my favor...

I thought the update would fix red bat but nope, I learned the hard way when he gave his team multiple unearned extra turns in a pvp match and unjustly handed me a defeat.

So back to my old stance - I refuse to battle teams using red bat on defense. And I refuse to use red bat on my defense because it’s a chicken $h!t move.

Dank Brew
10-20-2017, 07:52 PM
I thought the update would fix red bat but nope, I learned the hard way when he gave his team multiple unearned extra turns in a pvp match and unjustly handed me a defeat.

So back to my old stance - I refuse to battle teams using red bat on defense. And I refuse to use red bat on my defense because it’s a chicken $h!t move.

Hmm I don't really see it often, but it does happen... Mine's not on Def. I'm about to face a guy with Samurai, CG, AoF and AG... We'll see how it goes...

Update: It went fine... No issues with either red bat. I'm shocked lol

However, the next match he got everyone an extra turn for severely wounding a demon spawn, but not killing him. (He was revived right before this)

Another update: BAHAHAHAHAHA Ok this one is a good one. Red bat killed someone from counterstrike. Now it's my turn, I use revive all from Pharaoh... and guess what happens next? We all get an extra turn. Wow lol

Ezz
10-20-2017, 08:08 PM
Hmm I don't really see it often, but it does happen... Mine's not on Def. I'm about to face a guy with Samurai, CG, AoF and AG... We'll see how it goes...

Update: It went fine... No issues with either red bat. I'm shocked lol

However, the next match he got everyone an extra turn for severely wounding a demon spawn, but not killing him. (He was revived right before this)

A few weeks back I had killed 2 members of the defenses team. No one on my team was dead. Then the red bat killed my prisoner and gave himself and VHE an extra turn? VHE who was nearly dead used his fury to revive his team and wipe me out.
That was the last draw for me, so now I just steer clear and avoid the issue altogether.

Mariner-1212
10-20-2017, 08:18 PM

Why stop there then? You should refuse to use anyone that revives any other toon because that is essentially giving them another turn. And definitely stay away from using GRE, VHE and Pharaoh who revive all of them, that's even worse than the extra turns because those toons get health back too. And don't forget CGR. Also refrain from using your Thorns and Cyclone shields, and I have seen complaints about Explosives being challenging too, so stay away from using those. And don't use anyone with permadeath, because that is cheating for anyone who wants to revive their team to take yours down. You should also stop using any Echo talismans, because Extra Turns.

Dank Brew
10-20-2017, 08:22 PM
Why stop there then? You should refuse to use anyone that revives any other toon because that is essentially giving them another turn. And definitely stay away from using GRE, VHE and Pharaoh who revive all of them, that's even worse than the extra turns because those toons get health back too. And don't forget CGR. Also refrain from using your Thorns and Cyclone shields, and I have seen complaints about Explosives being challenging too, so stay away from using those. And don't use anyone with permadeath, because that is cheating for anyone who wants to revive their team to take yours down. You should also stop using any Echo talismans, because Extra Turns.

That's just too funny. I guess my offense is very unfair then, Red bat with strikes, Assassin NboL with echos... Just those two alone kick ass. Pharaoh with shell and guard hardly ever dies, and always revives... Green droid keeps everyone alive too...

kkkreg5
10-20-2017, 08:26 PM

Hahahahahahaha! This reply is the best!

Best be careful though, Big Brother is watching...

Mariner-1212
10-20-2017, 08:35 PM
Hahahahahahaha! This reply is the best!

Best be careful though, Big Brother is watching...

Yeah I'm not trying to be a dick, but every decent toon in the game has an ability that when used effectively, can be tough to face on defense. There are a couple that deserved a nerf (VHE) and some that didn't (Wrath, and I don't have either of these). The notion that we should 'fix' a toon when someone finds a creative use for them is ridiculous. If that's the case, we might as well make everyone do the same 2 moves and just uninstall.

Dank Brew
10-20-2017, 08:40 PM
Yeah I'm not trying to be a dick, but every decent toon in the game has an ability that when used effectively, can be tough to face on defense. There are a couple that deserved a nerf (VHE) and some that didn't (Wrath, and I don't have either of these). The notion that we should 'fix' a toon when someone finds a creative use for them is ridiculous. If that's the case, we might as well make everyone do the same 2 moves and just uninstall.

Truth! Seriously! I thought the point was to find unexpected uses and cool defenses...

Ezz
10-20-2017, 08:42 PM
My complaint is not that the red bat gives extra turns, it is that he is clearly broken and randomly gives them rather than earning them through the “first Kill” as intended. If he worked as intended I would have no complaints about battling him or using him on defense.

kkkreg5
10-20-2017, 08:47 PM

I don't either so I'm not missing out. Wrath didn't seem to be too over powered, but if he was combined with VH Eddie, I was usually toast so I steered clear.

Bugs, no Trooper relief, and fragments overkill are starting to break my resolve. I brought it up and I got my hand slapped...

Dank Brew
10-20-2017, 08:49 PM
My complaint is not that the red bat gives extra turns, it is that he is clearly broken and randomly gives them rather than earning them through the “first Kill” as intended. If he worked as intended I would have no complaints about battling him or using him on defense.

"Allies gain an extra turn if your team gets the first kill in a battle." - I think what it means is... If your team gets a kill before the other. But you're right... He does give an extra turn as first kill from your team even if the opposing team already got a kill on you. I hadn't read it in so long I thought the description was "team gets an extra turn from your first kill" or something like that... He's even more broken than I thought lmao

Dank Brew
10-20-2017, 08:53 PM
Bugs, no Trooper relief, and fragments overkill are starting to break my resolve. I brought it up and I got my hand slapped...

Yeah, nothing is worse than being ignored completely (deleting our comments). They even ignore the few user created forums speaking concerns. I don't know why i'm still wasting my time here.

These damn street signs and cars are annoying as hell btw. I'm not a robot damnit.

Mariner-1212
10-20-2017, 08:54 PM
I have gone against him, used him on offense, and used him on defense, and I don't see him operating any differently than any other revived toon. When they initially load up (first round or a revive), their passive kicks in. This is true for all toons. If the team is GCR alone, and it revives the red bat, his passive has reset at that point. If you then kill GCR, his extra turn won't work because it's recognized as a 'first blood' since he started up. But if you don't, and that team gets a kill, it triggers.

Comparison - Prisoner. His passive initially blocks everyone's passive. Every round thereafter he randomly gives it to one or two. If you kill him, and he gets revived, his passive kicks in on everyone again. It's really the same with everyone's passive. It may seem unfair when there's a great passive like this one and it means you lose a battle - but that's what makes him better than the blue harpy.

Ezz, your defenses are always pretty challenging to go against, and I'd imagine that's because you put in some effort to create teams that work well together. I think it might just be an issue of expectation, rather than a "chicken-shit move."

Sparton_LOTB
10-20-2017, 08:58 PM
I've got this quite a few times just this morning. I haven't seen a reply on this from sparton... Maybe I missed it?

You did. (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9064-October-19th-2017-Update-Discussion&p=59368&viewfull=1#post59368)

Yeah, nothing is worse than being ignored completely (deleting our comments). They even ignore the few user created forums speaking concerns.

We've had a lot of issues of thread topics being hijacked/discussions being fragmented across unrelated threads in the past, so I'm merely enforcing what should be a fairly reasonable rule; keep discussion in a thread relating to the original post's subject.

You're free to discuss general update issues/concerns in this thread (or in your own thread), but not in a thread that should be about discussing a specific event.

Mariner-1212
10-20-2017, 09:02 PM
I don't either so I'm not missing out. Wrath didn't seem to be too over powered, but if he was combined with VH Eddie, I was usually toast so I steered clear.

I wasn't aware of hand-slapping, but hope you'll still hang in there. Some of the excitement is coming back already. With the introduction of the Witch Doctor, I got super pumped up because I remember seeing him a lot at the concert and thought he would be a badass addition. Any Maiden-specific elements rebirth that excitement in the game... and knowing what a huge fan you are, I think it'll have that effect when we get some Trooper Eddie, Piece of Mind, etc.

Ezz
10-20-2017, 09:11 PM
I have gone against him, used him on offense, and used him on defense, and I don't see him operating any differently than any other revived toon. When they initially load up (first round or a revive), their passive kicks in. This is true for all toons. If the team is GCR alone, and it revives the red bat, his passive has reset at that point. If you then kill GCR, his extra turn won't work because it's recognized as a 'first blood' since he started up. But if you don't, and that team gets a kill, it triggers.

Comparison - Prisoner. His passive initially blocks everyone's passive. Every round thereafter he randomly gives it to one or two. If you kill him, and he gets revived, his passive kicks in on everyone again. It's really the same with everyone's passive. It may seem unfair when there's a great passive like this one and it means you lose a battle - but that's what makes him better than the blue harpy.

Ezz, your defenses are always pretty challenging to go against, and I'd imagine that's because you put in some effort to create teams that work well together. I think it might just be an issue of expectation, rather than a "chicken-shit move."

Fair enough - perhaps chicken shit move was too harsh - I retract. He is just so clearly broken though, granting extra turns without an actual kill, granting them when his team has already taken a kill, granting multiple extra turns in one fight. I’ve probably seen other glitches as well. I just can’t in good conscience use a toon that is so heavily glitched in favor of the team using it.

Dank Brew
10-20-2017, 09:15 PM
You did.
Didn't see that reply til now.. Okay.

I wasn't aware of hand-slapping, but hope you'll still hang in there. Some of the excitement is coming back already. With the introduction of the Witch Doctor, I got super pumped up because I remember seeing him a lot at the concert and thought he would be a badass addition. Any Maiden-specific elements rebirth that excitement in the game... and knowing what a huge fan you are, I think it'll have that effect when we get some Trooper Eddie, Piece of Mind, etc.

The problem is, we have no idea when trooper eddie is being released. Piece of mind is probably 2 years away. Then the next problem is RNG, we'll never even get them by the time they come out because there will be 500 new useless 4* toons blocking us from what we actually want.

Mariner-1212
10-20-2017, 09:25 PM
... granting extra turns without an actual kill....

I haven't seen that, but 100% agree that That would be a bug that needs fixing. \m/

The problem is, we have no idea when trooper eddie is being released. Piece of mind is probably 2 years away. Then the next problem is RNG, we'll never even get them by the time they come out because there will be 500 new useless 4* toons blocking us from what we actually want.

Yeah Brewtus that's definitely a struggle we all agree with, but I think they said Trooper Eddie is going to be earned in something like an Eternal type of deal, with some sort of guarantee after a couple tries. They didn't get into specifics, but I remember walking away thinking that they were really trying to make good on the complaints about RNG where these major toons are concerned. I am the first to say that I boycotted eternal frags after pulling my third Eternity Eddie in a row with no other eternals... but I think they plan to fix that stuff. In the meantime, I'm just taking the game less seriously. That's really eliminated any disappointment!

Dank Brew
10-20-2017, 09:31 PM
Just wanna say... I'm listening to Jason Beckers "blue" while going through these replies again... Wow this is so fitting.

I still don't know how I feel about the soul of a possible trooper eddie or some others. I mean who can actually be cool enough to be included in that soul with him? And not to mention that we've been waiting for him since release date.

Dank Brew
10-20-2017, 11:01 PM
Haven't noticed anyone mention it, but maybe it's been mentioned already. Sacrifice screen is messed up (sometimes)... you go in and your characters are on top, where the blank spaces should be, and below is nothing. So then you go back and try again... Another nice addition from this update.

mk ultra
10-20-2017, 11:17 PM
I just finished a battle againsts DickinsonMan and i managed to kill his toons before killing the WUR and i have no block passive toons. My team was vhe, wur, gpd & blue bat. His was vhe, prisoner, assassin val & gpd.
It happened once or twice last week too. But then my toons were offed before wur and i thought that i was not paying attention.
Anyone else seen this?

JJJ428
10-20-2017, 11:49 PM
I think I seen this once with the steal life ability from explosive talismas. I was able to drain life away and killed a VHE before the WUR died. But it was from a damage over time effect not a direct attack.

thealchemist
10-21-2017, 12:38 AM
Reproducible Bug

PVP

Opponent has a character with auto-revive, such as Golden Son/Newborn or Light any class -- I haven't seen this with the Immortality but it may be a problem there as well)

Its been happening since at least the September update. Cost me a lot during the Chopper arena event and I mentioned it then. Whether it was made note of who knows. Revive is super buggy at the moment, including Clairvoyant.

T-Man
10-21-2017, 01:21 AM
VH fury still causing hang ups. Just happened a few minutes ago against JersxJers. My team had a blizzard shield active and his VH used fury. Win in the bag for me but uh oh my buttons are gone. Just went back to the game to see if I regained control, but it rebooted. :(

Askora
10-21-2017, 12:27 PM
Thorn Shields are still bugged. Trigger on reflected damage, and sometimes apply permadeath to toons that are currently dead. No freezes so far, but other than that I'd say epic fail on fixing them. Plenty of other bugs to report but why bother as the devs don't care and at this point I really don't either. The game continues to go downhill and further away from being an iron maiden game.

DaveMurray
10-21-2017, 02:28 PM
I restrained myself from posting until i test everything, also wanted to calm a bit after reading the update notes or i was gonna get banned 100%. SO let's start.

New Feature: Satellite 15 - nice addition but nothing special, we'll get an ss once per 3 months and the rest are garbage, can help newer players though so i am fine

New Characters - i tried most of them, they seem good but further testing is needed so i'll leave it for now

New Missions and Reward Character - Great and the toon seems really good

Character and Talisman Tuning - blooper once again, at least you are consistent in this section. OMFG what did you do to Wrath? Are you proud and happy now that a 5* Eternal toon(that some of us spent 6 motnhs to get) is worse than most of the 2*? You made him COMPLETELY USELESS, main move does no damage and almost never removes buffs, power skill marks enemies and tickle them and supposed buffed fury is still crap. What were u thinking?
I can understand a small nerf to VHE, yes he was way good, but not a nerf on all his abilities(main skill nerfed, marked already nerfed, fury nerfed and extra turns nerfed) like most of the Eddies(the core of this game) he is heading to the bench and we'll have to wait for the next one that NF will decide to buff for 2 months just to make us spend skillshards. He can't even one shot a DM with red talis now..
Changes to useless toons, bla bla bla
Valkyries, wtf is going on with those toons? Why do you love them so much? You just do it cause almost no one agreed with their addition and almost no one likes them? It seems like the purple beast wasn't enough so now we have the yellow and the green hentai dolls getting buffed to OPness.

Inventory Changes, Max Character Inventory increased to 200 (up 20) - what are we supposed to do with 20 more slots? Toons and Eddies are more than the slots and we also have to keep space for sacrificial material. You don't even want collectors in the game or you just do it to ensure we sacrifice garbage toons after your nerfs?

PVP Changes, Clarified that defenses have no special advantages in the Arena Help - Yeah sure.

Challenges Changes, Fixed an issue where players who have already completed most of the achievements could no longer visually claim more achievements - finally i can claim rewards again, yet everything that was visually and not really claimed is lost.

Bug Fixes and Improvements, Fixed an issue where a hang (or extremely long delay) could occur when Reflect Shields/Thorn Shields/etc were present on both sides of the battle and a lot of damage kickers were being triggered and reflected - what a surprise, it is not fixed 100%. Thorn damage is still reflected and effects are still applied with every reflect shield except thorn itself. So pretty much the same as before i just don't mind stealing a thorn now.

To sum it up, you've spent an entire month and the only thing you did was to fix thorn vs thorn(only), add satellite 15, add 20 char inventory slots, buff valkyries and nerf important characters.
And i ask, you are bored with LotB and want to shut it down but you got some kind of contract that prevent you from doing it so you search for alternative ways or you just reached the limit of your abilities?
Don't get me wrong i believe you try your best but your best is not enough for an Iron Maiden game. You might as well rename it to Maiden Hentai Dolls and look for new players.

Bradata
10-21-2017, 03:01 PM
OMFG what did you do to Wrath? Are you proud and happy now that a 5* Eternal toon(that some of us spent 6 motnhs to get) is worse than most of the 2*? You made him COMPLETELY USELESS, main move does no damage and almost never removes buffs, power skill marks enemies and tickle them and supposed buffed fury is still crap. What were u thinking?

I agree with you, man! OMFG is what comes to mind! They might as well name the game "Iron Maidens" those chicks who are trying to sing Iron Maiden's songs... complete disaster, same as the game!

Amarthir
10-21-2017, 03:04 PM
About the whole Thorn shields are broken thing, I've been through multiple occasions where just one person would have Thorn shields and the other team would carry some type of reflect shield (Usually Warrior Undead Rescuer with his own shield) and if they take any damage at all, in any form, my entire team is permadeath'd and heal blocked. On top of that this was tested on many occasions and if someone has permadeath, they won't gain Critical Strike. Also, sometimes I'd use the Clairvoyant's fury and some people won't be healed like they should when they have those negative effects.

All in all, thorn shields are still very cancerous to the community and could stand to be adjusted in some way.

Or at least fixed so that they, and their effects work properly.

JJJ428
10-21-2017, 03:15 PM
I wanted to see since this update has anyone else seen severe slow down when it comes to navigating screens and in the arena. I get about 10 battles in and everything starts slowing down and I do a hard close and reset just so I don't risk anything going wrong in the arena.

DaveMurray
10-21-2017, 03:15 PM
I agree with you, man! OMFG is what comes to mind! They might as well name the game "Iron Maidens" those chicks who are trying to sing Iron Maiden's songs... complete disaster, same as the game!

Oh come on, i will have to disagree, Maidens are doing a decent job singing Iron Maiden. NF is a disaster with LotB, i will agree with that.

I wanted to see since this update has anyone else seen severe slow down when it comes to navigating screens and in the arena. I get about 10 battles in and everything starts slowing down and I do a hard close and reset just so I don't risk anything going wrong in the arena.

Same here, everything is slower in general and also pvp x3 is slower than before.

Ezz
10-21-2017, 03:39 PM
About the whole Thorn shields are broken thing, I've been through multiple occasions where just one person would have Thorn shields and the other team would carry some type of reflect shield (Usually Warrior Undead Rescuer with his own shield) and if they take any damage at all, in any form, my entire team is permadeath'd and heal blocked. On top of that this was tested on many occasions and if someone has permadeath, they won't gain Critical Strike. Also, sometimes I'd use the Clairvoyant's fury and some people won't be healed like they should when they have those negative effects.

All in all, thorn shields are still very cancerous to the community and could stand to be adjusted in some way.

Or at least fixed so that they, and their effects work properly.

I agree, thorns are garbage. I have tested them and honestly I cannot tell what is happening with them most of the time. Sometimes they reflect true or physical damage and sometimes they don’t. And why do the effects proc on multiple players with a one on one strike? They are just to variable to manage, they remove skill from the fights and turn them into random luck fests where you just have to hope things go in your favor.
Also, seems that if both sides put up thorns the side that put them up second has the advantage, which is total nonsense.

Askora
10-21-2017, 03:58 PM

Oh come on, i will have to disagree, Maidens are doing a decent job singing Iron Maiden. NF is a disaster with LotB, i will agree with that.

I'm with DaveMurray on this one, I think the Iron Maidens are pretty talented and do a great job. Shame the same can't be said about the development on the game.

Apparently the thought is that new toons need to have skills that are the equivalent of 3 of the older toons.
Make most power skills cost 5 when many should be a minimum of 7.
And, most important of all, if they're a female toon they must be scantily clad and move like a stripper or prostitute. Maybe if you got Charlotte in there it would be appropriate.

Personally, I'm all for scantily clad buxom women. :D But, that's not what the theme of an iron maiden game should be. Especially since now the toughest teams in PvP are comprised mostly of hentai Valkyries, and the only reason they have Eddie is because they have to.

Same here, everything is slower in general and also pvp x3 is slower than before.

For me it seems a little slower, but not that slow.

Ancient Mariner
10-21-2017, 05:26 PM
Iron Maidens a complete disaster? I think they are good as a cover band instead..

Anyways, i was wondering what's up lately with the permadeath? I don't know if that's a bug or not, but in the Arena i often get it on my team from enemy characters who normally don't have such ability, nor i see them having any talismans set which can deal permadeath (if there's any! I honestly can't remember atm)

BonFire
10-21-2017, 05:37 PM
The damage takers/blockers are still taking all the damage when their passive is supposed to be blocked.

mk ultra
10-21-2017, 07:40 PM
& thorns still crashing the game

MetalKing
10-22-2017, 05:52 AM
The tuning did hurt my team somewhat, as I was using both Wrath and Vhe. But even after the tuning they are still two of the best toons that I have, albeit slightly less useful. I like the new Valkryies; every band has to have groupies!

Askora
10-22-2017, 08:17 AM

I'm convinced the reflection issues are fixed now. :rolleyes:

ShadowedLies
10-22-2017, 10:24 AM
Weren't there supposed to be stability improvements for BNW? I've had one successful run on GoL X out of 6 total attempts. 5 freakin' crashes guys. Ugh here goes attempt #7.

slauki
10-22-2017, 10:37 AM
i froze blue son and killed him, he couldn't revive and the game stuck ih this pose:

PerthEddie
10-22-2017, 11:31 AM
i froze blue son and killed him, he couldn't revive and the game stuck ih this pose:

Same thing happened with me earlier. So annoying. Had to restart the game so got a loss in the Arena. That was my 2nd loss out of the first 3 battles I had today as the game bloody crashed on me and also gave me a loss :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ancient Mariner
10-22-2017, 12:10 PM
These thorn talismans are killing me... i don't get it:

1)Their description says they have a 35% chance to inflict permadeath and heal block, while it happens around 90 percent of times on almost my whole team.
2)I don't read anywhere in the description that they also remove enemies' beneficial effects (like it happens with void talismans for example), yet it is happening.

Is all of this supposed to happen? (if so they are extremely overpowered and should be revisited)
Or is it another bug to solve?

In both cases this should be investigated as soon as possible, cause it makes the arena fights annoying

JJJ428
10-22-2017, 02:03 PM
Devs could you please look into the performance after this update. Ever since the update I have had slow down and lag occur after about 10-20 minutes of playing. I have been doing hard closes and logging back in every 20 minutes makes the game basically unplayable like this and it makes me very weary to even try the arena some times because it will start lagging right when I need that perfect hit.

Liebhild
10-22-2017, 03:21 PM
Fix old stuff b4 adding new stuff.

Blacksteel
10-22-2017, 05:15 PM
Same thing happened with me earlier. So annoying. Had to restart the game so got a loss in the Arena. That was my 2nd loss out of the first 3 battles I had today as the game bloody crashed on me and also gave me a loss :mad: :mad: :mad:

Very similar thing happened again:
- first got GS to 0hp but he won't die
- next turn some effects were applied to him (when he should be dead and then a small hp bar appeared suddenly)
- last turn un-killable golden son got freeze applied, then when freeze tried to apply damage GS disappeared and game froze instead had to close app as it was unresponsive.
@NF please bonify sp soul fragments x50 as that was going to be the RNG roll for the win and 1 SoT.

JJJ428
10-22-2017, 06:06 PM
I had a similar thing happen to me. Looks like Gunner Golden sun is the new glitch character to use to ensure crash victories.

Witkacy
10-22-2017, 06:36 PM
I had a similar thing happen to me. Looks like Gunner Golden sun is the new glitch character to use to ensure crash victories.

JJJ428 :)

I am afraid that's NOT just the matter of GGS... The same happen to me quite a lot since the last update - with Magus Golden Son as well... So I dare to say that it affect EVERY self reviving character who got frozen in fact...

Cheers,

W

PaquitoChep
10-23-2017, 12:29 AM
I level up to 99 like four days ago, every time that i rank up I like to take a screenshot when the level show up, however when i start the 99 level, every advanced was not showed, always show just 0%

Yesterday i rank up to the expected 100 level

but i didn't noticed, the game didn't show it to me

just matter of nostalgia, but i missed this screenshot, like it had never happened

JJJ428
10-23-2017, 01:58 AM
Anyone else getting a lot of errors tonight? I couldn't do skull quests for awhile today and literally getting an error every other battle in the arena at this point. Have had to do constant hard closes over and over again since the daily reset.

konstifik
10-23-2017, 08:41 AM
Reflected damage still triggers effects from shields. Just great when you use Warrior Troll and the opponent have disruption shields and gets the first turn. Once it's your turn your team will have 5+ debuffs per toon.

AoF passive still bugged, Prisoner passive still bugged, HP-bars still showing incorrect amount of health after multiple hit attacks.

DaveMurray
10-23-2017, 11:53 AM
To sum it up, you've spent an entire month and the only thing you did was to fix thorn vs thorn(only), add satellite 15, add 20 char inventory slots, buff valkyries and nerf important characters.

Scratch that, i even had thorn reflect thorn causing lag like it was before the update.
Disruption shield make things even worse, ending with like 5 debuffs out of nowhere.

Browno
10-23-2017, 01:12 PM
What have all you players done last month to improve the game?
I have played the game and i enjoy doing so, sure there are things that can be improved but getting complaints all the time on a product is not especially fun and a bit contraproductive sometimes if all you get is complaints. Im pretty sure the devs do what they can to listen to the players and improve the game as much as they can for the moment.

Nobody is forcing you to play and there is also the possibility ti make your own game if you want a perfect game fir yourself.

Sag7272
10-23-2017, 01:36 PM
I have played the game and i enjoy doing so, sure there are things that can be improved but getting complaints all the time on a product is not especially fun and a bit contraproductive sometimes if all you get is complaints. Im pretty sure the devs do what they can to listen to the players and improve the game as much as they can for the moment.

Nobody is forcing you to play and there is also the possibility ti make your own game if you want a perfect game fir yourself.

This forum is used by two kind of ppl...
The constructive ones & the ones (guess they actually love the game) who are here to vent... Due to proportions, no wonder I'm rarely seen around lol

Blacksteel
10-23-2017, 01:53 PM

Well it might be good for you to really read the forums before posting, players do as much as they can, there are many threads with great ideas and suggestions that would improve the game if NF should implement these, players also help report and track bugs for free, yes players become free testers for a game.
I don't really know what you want players to do other than support the game and not sugar coat it, if it was open source I bet some would jump to help improve it.
Do you realize some of these bugs are over a year old and have not been solved yet?, don't be surprised to read all this also QA is really bad on this game.
Bugs are so obvious that is almost tempting to say that Devs release the new versions knowing that they contain new and old bugs with the idea to fix them later, unfortunately they are also really slow at this causing grief to the player base, the game has improved a lot in many ways and that's great thanks to the devs but that doesn't excuse the fact that it really needs to be fixed to live up to it's potential and the Iron Maiden name.

Browno
10-23-2017, 02:56 PM
Well it might be good for you to really read the forums before posting, players do as much as they can, there are many threads with great ideas and suggestions that would improve the game if NF should implement these, players also help report and track bugs for free, yes players become free testers for a game.
I don't really know what you want players to do other than support the game and not sugar coat it, if it was open source I bet some would jump to help improve it.
Do you realize some of these bugs are over a year old and have not been solved yet?, don't be surprised to read all this also QA is really bad on this game.
Bugs are so obvious that is almost tempting to say that Devs release the new versions knowing that they contain new and old bugs with the idea to fix them later, unfortunately they are also really slow at this causing grief to the player base, the game has improved a lot in many ways and that's great thanks to the devs but that doesn't excuse the fact that it really needs to be fixed to live up to it's potential and the Iron Maiden name.

To be fair i have played since 2 weeks after launch and read the forums everyday. What i do see is more and more negativity on the forum even for things that have been improved. Complaining about getting things for free like satellite 15 and more character slots etc.
I believe in being positive because that makes people feel rewarded for their work.

Silentknight
10-23-2017, 03:35 PM
Kinda like nobody is forcing u 2 read negativity in forum! I already have a job and I'm damn good at it! If I performed the way NF does I wouldn't have a job!!!

Browno
10-23-2017, 03:45 PM
Kinda like nobody is forcing u 2 read negativity in forum! I already have a job and I'm damn good at it! If I performed the way NF does I wouldn't have a job!!!

I also have a job but i don't have to be a douche to others because of that. I do not know what you do at your workplace but im pretty sure everyone do whatever they can at work.
If you were proud of what you accomplished at your workplace and people say you still do a shitjob it would not be as encouraging even if you did improve things.

Silentknight
10-23-2017, 03:51 PM
I also have a job but i don't have to be a douche to others because of that. I do not know what you do at your workplace but im pretty sure everyone do whatever they can at work.
If you were proud of what you accomplished at your workplace and people say you still do a shitjob it would not be as encouraging even if you did improve things.

Who's being a douche? Brutally honest 4 sure! I am proud of what I do & no one says I do a shit job cuz I don't! Can NF say the same...don't think so! And if they're proud of the job they're doing then that's just pathetic!!!

Browno
10-23-2017, 04:01 PM
Who's being a douche? Brutally honest 4 sure! I am proud of what I do & no one says I do a shit job cuz I don't! Can NF say the same...don't think so! And if they're proud of the job they're doing then that's just pathetic!!!

Unless you know exactly what they do and what their respective work orders are you cant say anything. Thats the same as people saying you do shit at your work since you have nothing to show.
The whole thing is what kind of mentality people have. I play because i find it fun nothing else. Sure i would like a few things to improve but nothing is crucial for my gameplay.

mjmxiii
10-23-2017, 04:10 PM
This forum is used by two kind of ppl...

There is two type of people allright... those who think they get more flies with honey than vinegar and those who tell it straight. The game sucks right now. It has for a while. NF is basically sniffing their own shit and some people don't mind joining them and some do.

The reason people complain is because the effort put forth is terrible. Because we want to be honest, not blind. If NF was doing right by their players and really listening, we would all be thanking them, not just those who appreciate mediocre effort. Usually if you get paid to do a job and your work is terrible, you get fired. But they have an agenda and its taking as much money from Maiden fans as they can. If that happens even though the work is mediocre, they're successful.

Positive outlooks are great but telling people everything is fine when it isn't, that isn't positivity, its denial. Its lying to yourself and everyone else when they can see the truth for themselves. NF knows the work is shit. A lot of the posts are about bugs in the update. Thats not negativity, its truth. If we cant be honest with ourselves or each other, how in the hell can we be positive? By turning a blind eye? Fuck all that noise! Wake the fuck up and tell it like it is. Shit stinks. Be honest. Admit it.

Silentknight
10-23-2017, 05:48 PM
Unless you know exactly what they do and what their respective work orders are you cant say anything. Thats the same as people saying you do shit at your work since you have nothing to show.
The whole thing is what kind of mentality people have. I play because i find it fun nothing else. Sure i would like a few things to improve but nothing is crucial for my gameplay.

I know exactly what they do, I play the game! What I don't do is tell people what they should or should not say/post!

Silentknight
10-23-2017, 05:49 PM
There is two type of people allright... those who think they get more flies with honey than vinegar and those who tell it straight. The game sucks right now. It has for a while. NF is basically sniffing their own shit and some people don't mind joining them and some do.

The reason people complain is because the effort put forth is terrible. Because we want to be honest, not blind. If NF was doing right by their players and really listening, we would all be thanking them, not just those who appreciate mediocre effort. Usually if you get paid to do a job and your work is terrible, you get fired. But they have an agenda and its taking as much money from Maiden fans as they can. If that happens even though the work is mediocre, they're successful.

Positive outlooks are great but telling people everything is fine when it isn't, that isn't positivity, its denial. Its lying to yourself and everyone else when they can see the truth for themselves. NF knows the work is shit. A lot of the posts are about bugs in the update. Thats not negativity, its truth. If we cant be honest with ourselves or each other, how in the hell can we be positive? By turning a blind eye? Fuck all that noise! Wake the fuck up and tell it like it is. Shit stinks. Be honest. Admit it.

Ditto & well said as always!

Dank Brew
10-23-2017, 06:05 PM
Where the fuck are your game testers NF? This is fucking ridiculous.

You guys are wasting your time, they don't even have the decency to reply anymore. Stop being their free game testers.

Silentknight
10-23-2017, 06:09 PM
Where the fuck are your game testers NF? This is fucking ridiculous.

You guys are wasting your time, they don't even have the decency to reply anymore. Stop being their free game testers.

Ssshhh! No negativity please, hahahahahahahahaha

Dank Brew
10-23-2017, 06:13 PM

Well I don't see anything to be positive about.

The event sucks.
The update sucks.
The satellite 15 is worthless unless this is your first day playing. (2000 gold? seriously??)
The game works 1/5th of the time.
Valkyries are anime, and stupid.
The ritual souls gave me 3* characters every time.

Edit: forgot I got a 4* magus mayan priestess- That i'll never use (why I forgot)

mjmxiii
10-23-2017, 07:11 PM
Ditto & well said as always!
Thanks dude, I tried not to be negative or demeaning to anyone lol... Objective? Combative? Absolutely! And proud lmao!

Well I don't see anything to be positive about.

Tried logging in and getting back to it yesterday but I finally caved in and maxed the purple nurple instead, put her on my arena defense and logged out... no attacks since the update, no defenses either. Theres a positive for ya lol

Ancient Mariner
10-23-2017, 07:17 PM
The game surely needs to be fixed in many points, but that being said, there are two scenarios:

- either some people complain too much and use dramatic tones
- or, they really don't like the game as they state on the forum, therefore they must be so masochist to keep playing a game they hate so much

and i have an idea about what's the right one :rolleyes:

R1ck
10-23-2017, 07:23 PM
Before some people complainted about Wrath because he was on every defense, so purple Valkyrie is now. So much diversity I see now on defenses.

mjmxiii
10-23-2017, 07:27 PM
The game surely needs to be fixed in many points, but that being said, there are two scenarios:

- or, they really don't like the game as they state on the forum, therefore they must be so masochist to keep playing a game they hate so much

Like I said earlier, NF is basically sniffing their own shit and some people don't mind joining them and some do. :rolleyes:

Ip4
10-23-2017, 07:29 PM
I think there is big problem with arena defense battle,when i attacking i have 95% success and when i defence i have 10% successful,whats wrong with defence?grrrrr...

Ancient Mariner
10-23-2017, 07:51 PM
Like I said earlier, NF is basically sniffing their own shit and some people don't mind joining them and some do. :rolleyes:

so according to your reasoning you're not "sniffing their shit" right? That should mean you left the game...or not?

I agree with those who says there are things to fix (i'm one of those who are pissed for some bugs which ruin the fights, especially in Arena), but i don't with those who can only write unconstructive posts like "This event sucks!! That new feature is shit!" and so on... that's what i'm talking about.
I don't even know which category you belong, i was just talking in general but maybe you felt like being involved, i don't know

As someone else is saying in another thread, it's fun to see how some people are even starting a drama over the Satellite 15...a feature which gives you free resources! No matter how low or insignificant can be the reward at times...it's still something that can be always ignored by advanced players instead of moaning about it; but i guess some would just like to obtain 2-3 free skillshards a day, as if it wasn't easy enough to get them :/

Mercifal
10-23-2017, 08:07 PM
As someone else is saying in another thread, it's fun to see how some people are even starting a drama over the Satellite 15...a feature which gives you free resources! No matter how low or insignificant can be the reward at times...it's still something that can be always ignored by advanced players instead of moaning about it; but i guess some would just like to obtain 2-3 free skillshards a day, as if it wasn't easy enough to get them :/

Depends, I am actually having hard times with farming them (because I am lazy and spend my resources on souls to unpack), so anything that gives me chance of getting them is welcomed by me with open arms.

Browno
10-23-2017, 08:30 PM

Some people complain like this game is their entire life. It is a free game so a simple solution is to just quit playing. If i had so much complaints about a game as some people do i would just quit. Simple as that and i could spend my energy doing other things.

Sag7272
10-23-2017, 09:29 PM
There is two type of people allright... those who think they get more flies with honey than vinegar and those who tell it straight.

Actually I learned a while ago that you'll get more flies with garbage or than with honey or vinegar no matter what...

True there's a lot of negativity out there in good or bad it fuel the game development as constructive comments does as it's both end of the same passion some have for this game... Just sometimes overboard & unnecessary as everything passion related.. Not a matter of telling things straight or not..

Sure this game deserve better but true that some are just throwing frustrations everywhere instead of building on it... Even if some bugs have to admit are killing me since a looong time...

mjmxiii
10-23-2017, 10:28 PM
so according to your reasoning you're not "sniffing their shit" right? That should mean you left the game...or not?

On an extended hiatus lol... haven't deleted the game but havent run troopers or played pvp since right before the update. Dont mind new features or events so much, just tired of the ongoing bugs and NFs lack of ability to fix them and the nerfs have become a never-ending meta chase.

Actually I learned a while ago that you'll get more flies with garbage or than with honey or vinegar no matter what...

True there's a lot of negativity out there in good or bad it fuel the game development as constructive comments does as it's both end of the same passion some have for this game... Just sometimes overboard & unnecessary as everything passion related.. Not a matter of telling things straight or not..

Sure this game deserve better but true that some are just throwing frustrations everywhere instead of building on it... Even if some bugs have to admit are killing me since a looong time...

Lol.. so are you "trashing me" or are you a garbageman?? Lmao... jk... man I really would like to sing positive praises to NF for cleaning up the game but that has to happen first! I respect those who are standing up for their right to be positive but I also understand the frustrations and everyone has a right to speak their mind. Hopefully NF will get sick of hearing 60% or more of the player base bitch about the game and actually fix it to shut people up! The game should be killer, not killing us!

Anyway I'm out for a while. Maybe next update will be the one that fixes the game!

slauki
10-23-2017, 11:04 PM
I agree with those who says there are things to fix (i'm one of those who are pissed for some bugs which ruin the fights, especially in Arena), but i don't with those who can only write unconstructive posts like "This event sucks!! That new feature is shit!" and so on... that's what i'm talking about.
I don't even know which category you belong, i was just talking in general but maybe you felt like being involved, i don't know

thanks mariner, i'm with you here. these stupid complains really piss me off. instead of giving constructive and necessary criticism, some guys really likes to complain about everything.
free rewards = complete shit?
even 5* drops are shitdupes because you already have them?
every event is crap?

no it is not!

the whole month was full with really good events and there is still one more to go, which will be awesome i belive.

the game is so much better than it was 12 months ago, we have arena, sacrifice, fragments, bnw and pretty good events, improved daily rewards and skillshard drops.

yeah there is still a lot of work and don't get me wrong i'm really pissed about some things and endless bugs too. i just cannot see a reason to spit out my negativity on every forum thread, this won't help anyone, it will just cause more negativity.

what helps is to mention all these things in a respectfull way, but because this is the internet not many care about respect as it seems.

actually the solution is pretty simple guys. you dislike the game? --> delete it!

Sag7272
10-23-2017, 11:15 PM
I really would like to sing positive praises to NF for cleaning up the game but that has to happen first! I respect those who are standing up for their right to be positive but I also understand the frustrations and everyone has a right to speak their mind. Hopefully NF will get sick of hearing 60% or more of the player base bitch about the game and actually fix it to shut people up! The game should be killer, not killing us!

Oh no, won't fight for the right of anything here, there's too much going wrong to cheer, just not to the point of some (not you or anyone involved in that conversation but you may recognize them) throw a tantrum at every post no matter the subject like if their life depends on it... Those are the toxic posts, saying some dev may be better working for Walmart is a matter of opinion... ;)

Amarthir
10-24-2017, 12:06 AM
I gotta agree with Ancient Mariner and Slauki. The recent events were pretty nice and I haven't missed out on any of them so I don't have anything to complain about. The bugs in the arena and other places are pretty prominent but it doesn't break the game for me. Last week I finished rank 40, higher than I ever have by a long shot. So my spirits are very high for the game despite what's been going on recently. The whole Satellite 15 thing is a welcome addition to the game, some people just don't see it because it's not rewarding legendary souls and skill shards every 4 hours.

But guess what, in time I'm sure that Satellite 15 will be tuned just like Sacrifice was tuned.

MrFahrenheit
10-24-2017, 03:25 AM
how is it possible to pass the new mission Latent Ability II?

"Clear LORD OF LIGHT X (WARRIOR) with a set of Comet Talismans equipped to a MAGUS class character 3 time(s)"

the comet talismans is a warrior 4 set. is there a rare magus character that has a warrior slot that i have never seen? help!

druid138
10-24-2017, 05:55 AM
how is it possible to pass the new mission Latent Ability II?

"Clear LORD OF LIGHT X (WARRIOR) with a set of Comet Talismans equipped to a MAGUS class character 3 time(s)"

the comet talismans is a warrior 4 set. is there a rare magus character that has a warrior slot that i have never seen? help!

Meteors are red. Comets are blue.

That makes me want to write a poem about roses and violets.

scott-5496
10-24-2017, 10:05 AM
thanks mariner, i'm with you here. these stupid complains really piss me off. instead of giving constructive and necessary criticism, some guys really likes to complain about everything.
free rewards = complete shit?
even 5* drops are shitdupes because you already have them?
every event is crap?

no it is not!

the whole month was full with really good events and there is still one more to go, which will be awesome i belive.

the game is so much better than it was 12 months ago, we have arena, sacrifice, fragments, bnw and pretty good events, improved daily rewards and skillshard drops.

yeah there is still a lot of work and don't get me wrong i'm really pissed about some things and endless bugs too. i just cannot see a reason to spit out my negativity on every forum thread, this won't help anyone, it will just cause more negativity.

what helps is to mention all these things in a respectfull way, but because this is the internet not many care about respect as it seems.

actually the solution is pretty simple guys. you dislike the game? --> delete it!

I second all of the above - hits my view on this game 100%. Nicely said!

The game has bugs for sure - are they annoying? Yes! But not enough to piss me off so I keep playing. If the game bugs you so much just do not play it - it really is that simple! If you then moan about not being able to do that because of the money and time you have spent on the game up to now no one forced you to spend money, time or resources - it was a choice!

I am not saying the game does not annoy me at times but in the end it last 5 seconds I may curse and swear for those 5 seconds but I just move to the next battle or RNG.......it's just a game that could be a lot better and more stable but really for me 95% of the time it is just not a pain at all.

MrFahrenheit
10-24-2017, 05:08 PM
Meteors are red. Comets are blue.

oh my god i am a retard. wtf do i get comet talismans? i have never seen them. also, theres another mission with immunity talismans which i have also never seen.

Dank Brew
10-24-2017, 05:22 PM
oh my god i am a retard. wtf do i get comet talismans? i have never seen them. also, theres another mission with immunity talismans which i have also never seen.

BNW, Garden of dismay. Comet talisman drops at floor IX and X. Immunity is garden of life floors VII - X.

You can see all of this by clicking "rewards" at the top of each garden. :)

Dank Brew
10-24-2017, 05:31 PM
I understand your guys points. The game is definitely better than it was a year ago. I know I'm one of the annoying ones who complains nonstop. I assure you, it's because I love the game. I just want it to work properly.

I just really don't see the point of a new addition (sat 15) when there is so much other things that NEED to be concentrated on. Especially with the extremely low rewards, it is almost pointless until that one time a month you'll get a skill shard which will be cool of course. But...

Bugs, glitches, and freezes. It happens to all of us, every single day. How many SOT/SOW lost in just a week because of it? How much time from our day is wasted because of it? How many trooper points lost because of it?

It really shouldn't be so hard to focus on play-ability more than events and new features. I'm sure there would be more competition in PVP if it worked correctly. I for one avoid it normally because it's usually a waste of time.

If it weren't for the issues, this event would have been bad ass. And all the previous events too.

Quick side note here... This is a first for me. Game froze on my last needed turn to finish the last skull quest, I let it sit for 10 minutes in hope of it fixing itself. Nope. Restarted the game and it was available to play still, and so is the trooper I used. How odd, but at least I have a second chance for once.

Yup
10-24-2017, 08:07 PM
Just reiterating.....

Almost every PVP loss I face is due to this.

Reproducible Bug

PVP

And Immortality doesn't appear to be a problem. It's the passive revive that seems to be the issue.

thealchemist
10-25-2017, 08:09 AM

They are also an achievement reward, if my memory serves me well its for 100 5* or maxed talismans.

Mariner-1212
10-25-2017, 05:48 PM
I don't know if it was in this update or what, but I have gotten a couple errors this week and can confirm that it is no longer freezing and restarting - now it waits a couple seconds (maybe 5-10) and then tries to save your stuff again. Today I won an arena battle, got an Error, waited - got the error 2 more times - and then the 4th try it went through as the victory and gave me the rewards. No restarting, no freezing.

This is great because even though it's mildly annoying to have to wait through an error, it means you don't necessarily have to lose the stuff you earned (which is super annoying).

Kaz/Sparton is this a new fix? Can anyone confirm that this is happening for them too? If you get an error, try to wait it out and see what happens.

Sparton_LOTB
10-25-2017, 06:02 PM
I don't know if it was in this update or what, but I have gotten a couple errors this week and can confirm that it is no longer freezing and restarting - now it waits a couple seconds (maybe 5-10) and then tries to save your stuff again. Today I won an arena battle, got an Error, waited - got the error 2 more times - and then the 4th try it went through as the victory and gave me the rewards. No restarting, no freezing.

This is great because even though it's mildly annoying to have to wait through an error, it means you don't necessarily have to lose the stuff you earned (which is super annoying).

Kaz/Sparton is this a new fix? Can anyone confirm that this is happening for them too? If you get an error, try to wait it out and see what happens.

Yeah, one of our programmers has been working on improving the error handling in the manner you describe (for errors that we can confirm don't need a clean restart to safely resolve). It's kinda been a thing they've been doing on their own as they get time, though, which is why I didn't have anything in the patch notes (wasn't sure what progress they've made).

It definitely improves the flow for battle resolution, which may now not lose result information when an error occurs.

Mariner-1212
10-25-2017, 06:24 PM
Yeah, one of our programmers has been working on improving the error handling in the manner you describe (for errors that we can confirm don't need a clean restart to safely resolve). It's kinda been a thing they've been doing on their own as they get time, though, which is why I didn't have anything in the patch notes (wasn't sure what progress they've made).

It definitely improves the flow for battle resolution, which may now not lose result information when an error occurs.

Yeah I think many might have missed this, and it's huge! Big ups to the devs! Troops, don't manually restart after those APMA/MACLO errors because if you wait it out, it can pick back up.

DIEDD
10-25-2017, 06:29 PM
hey sparton, what about tailgunner ed triple shot not granting crit strike and the souls not being properly agrupating in the book of souls?
Also my SOT are not being showing correctely. I dont know it is only me or someone else is experimenting this.

Sparton_LOTB
10-25-2017, 06:53 PM
hey sparton, what about tailgunner ed triple shot not granting crit strike and the souls not being properly agrupating in the book of souls?

These are known issues. I do not have a confirmed timeline for when they will be fixed.

Also my SOT are not being showing correctely. I dont know it is only me or someone else is experimenting this.

Not sure what you mean. Can you clarify what you're seeing?

DIEDD
10-25-2017, 07:12 PM
Not sure what you mean. Can you clarify what you're seeing?

When I start a game with a lower number of sots (less than 15) the game shows a "server error" (or something like that) I have to restart the game.

Sparton_LOTB
10-25-2017, 07:18 PM
When I start a game with a lower number of sots (less than 15) the game shows a "server error" (or something like that) I have to restart the game.

There is a known issue where, depending on the screen you suspend the game on, the game will incorrectly double/triple count the Sands of Time you're supposed to generate over time and won't correct itself until the next time you spend Sands of Time. Thus, if it's double counting and you try to spend more Sands of Time than the server thinks you have, it'll show you an error and restart the game to ensure it's synced up that and other data with the server. Is that perhaps what you're seeing?

DIEDD
10-25-2017, 07:39 PM
There is a known issue where, depending on the screen you suspend the game on, the game will incorrectly double/triple count the Sands of Time you're supposed to generate over time and won't correct itself until the next time you spend Sands of Time. Thus, if it's double counting and you try to spend more Sands of Time than the server thinks you have, it'll show you an error and restart the game to ensure it's synced up that and other data with the server. Is that perhaps what you're seeing?

Yep, this is exactly what I am experiencing. Any idea when this problem will be solved? Anyway Thanks Sparton for the reply.

Sparton_LOTB
10-25-2017, 09:21 PM
Yep, this is exactly what I am experiencing. Any idea when this problem will be solved? Anyway Thanks Sparton for the reply.

I don't have a timeline for resolving that issue either, but I'll run the issue by the team and see if there's new information we've uncovered that could help get a fix out sooner.

konstifik
10-26-2017, 09:45 AM
I'm glad to see that the bug with Magus LoL's perfect ghost overriding permadeath and perfect corruption have been resolved. However, I think the problem may now be backwards. I was mostly on autoplay yesterday, but it seemed to me that on a few occasions, the LoL died without ghosting after having permadeath inflicted but wearing off before he was killed. Anyone else noticed this? I'm not sure about this and never had time to confirm on manual play.

DaveMurray
10-27-2017, 11:39 AM
I love the diversity between 5 toons in the arena after the last nerfupdate(with no bug fixes ofc).
In next one release a hentai Eddie to complete the team.

generationswine
10-27-2017, 05:20 PM
any news on VHE's fury? it's doing less damage than dusk. my VHE is fully shared and i used to get 23-30k damage on his fury, depending on what buffs he had. now i barely get 12k :/

MrFreeze
10-31-2017, 11:44 AM
any news on VHE's fury? it's doing less damage than dusk. my VHE is fully shared and i used to get 23-30k damage on his fury, depending on what buffs he had. now i barely get 12k :/

That’s how it’s supposed to be now after the latest tuning.

Sparton or Kaz, have you guys considered making it quicker to run troopers? I know a bunch of ideas have been thrown around in the past, but I haven’t heard than anything is being done. I’m asking because I’m at a point where I need a little break from the game. I’ve slowly gotten down to about 40 troooers, but it still takes a decent amount of time to complete them.

To avoid major burnout, it’d be great to be able to log in and click a button to send my troopers their badges. I’m at a point right now where it feels like more of a chore to log in than it is fun. I’m not interested in sacrificing my whole roster and walking away, but it’d be nice to slow down without having to let my troopers down.

This community may be smaller than most games, but it’s gotta be one of the best around. Cheers troopers! I’ll do my best to keep my motivation up.

Ian
10-31-2017, 01:58 PM
To avoid major burnout, it’d be great to be able to log in and click a button to send my troopers their badges. I’m at a point right now where it feels like more of a chore to log in than it is fun. I’m not interested in sacrificing my whole roster and walking away, but it’d be nice to slow down without having to let my troopers down.

After a year of daily play, even doing 30 a day became a chore. I'm not sure how the guys who are still doing a full 50 troopers and playing hundreds of arena battles each week can continue to do so day after day - and fair play to them all for that level of commitment. But I already have 1 job, I don't need a 2nd one that doesn't pay me anything. Something to take the grind out of playing troopers would mean you can actually have fun again.

Sparton_LOTB
10-31-2017, 06:09 PM
Sparton or Kaz, have you guys considered making it quicker to run troopers? I know a bunch of ideas have been thrown around in the past, but I haven’t heard than anything is being done. I’m asking because I’m at a point where I need a little break from the game. I’ve slowly gotten down to about 40 troooers, but it still takes a decent amount of time to complete them.

We have plans, but there are other items which are higher priority for us right now. It's one of those items that we constantly appraise against what we want to do next.

That said, running troopers serves the double purpose of also farming for gold and materials from PVE, so the solutions we have planned involve making running all of your troopers easier, not eliminating the act of running them. Not doing battles with a trooper (or doing a lot less) will eventually put and end-game player into a spot where they're unable to do even simple transactions to help improve your characters, so we want to encourage people to have that mid-term goal each day to keep them able to capitalize on new events, new characters, and new shifts in the meta.

MrFreeze
10-31-2017, 08:27 PM
We have plans, but there are other items which are higher priority for us right now. It's one of those items that we constantly appraise against what we want to do next.

That said, running troopers serves the double purpose of also farming for gold and materials from PVE, so the solutions we have planned involve making running all of your troopers easier, not eliminating the act of running them. Not doing battles with a trooper (or doing a lot less) will eventually put and end-game player into a spot where they're unable to do even simple transactions to help improve your characters, so we want to encourage people to have that mid-term goal each day to keep them able to capitalize on new events, new characters, and new shifts in the meta.

I hear ya, it’s just that I don’t really care about farming for anything at the moment. I only run my troopers because I don’t want to let them down. I’ve seen other games where such things can be sent by the touch of a button. It would be nice to do that and take a short break. If it was up to me I’d make it so I have to play the level with a trooper to receive my half, but I could give them theirs without playing. Does that make sense?

I just want a short break to get excited about the game again. I don’t want to give up long time solid troopers to do so. I know you guys got a lot on your plate and this may not be a priority, but I guarantee I’m not the only long term player who feels this way. It’s only natural to get a bit tired of things after so much repetition. Anyway, thanks for responding. I hope you guys might consider something like this

R1ck
10-31-2017, 08:40 PM

Unfortunately many of us are sitting on a lot of xp material, for toons that we never get for RNG and for talismans that can be upgraded easily. There is no reason to run a trooper if we don't need to. At least give us that chance, who ever wants to, well they can do it.

kkkreg5
10-31-2017, 09:11 PM

That said, running troopers serves the double purpose of also farming for gold and materials from PVE, so the solutions we have planned involve making running all of your troopers easier, not eliminating the act of running them. N doing battles with a trooper (or doing a lot less) will eventually put and end-game player into a spot where they're unable to do even simple transactions to help improve your characters, so we want to encourage people to have that mid-term goal each day to keep them able to capitalize on new events, new characters, and new shifts in the meta.

This is really disheartening to hear. Having us play for our badges instead of playing Troopers to send them would put the decision back in our hands. Grinding would still be possible.

The point here is the community feels any obligation to the community.

T-Man
10-31-2017, 09:40 PM

That’s how it’s supposed to be now after the latest tuning.

It is described to do “massive damage”. It would be nice if things worked as stated. :rolleyes:

Nicko
10-31-2017, 11:01 PM
It is described to do “massive damage”. It would be nice if things worked as stated. :rolleyes:

It does massive damage to Meatheads. Working as intended ;)

T-Man
10-31-2017, 11:11 PM
It does massive damage to Meatheads. Working as intended ;)

I see you are also using the NF version dictionary. :p

Liebhild
11-01-2017, 02:54 AM
Maybe b4 starting new events, think about fixing some important (and OLD) bugs 1st (f. e. AoF, Prisioner, ...).

I would be ashamed to give my customers such a buggy product.

surfingwithdje
11-01-2017, 06:11 AM
I just wanted to say that the arena is very more attractive since the update: we are seeing a lot of different def teams, less VHE/wrath teams (VHE is still a very good charact)
Thorn/cyclone shields are fixed so we can use them both in atk and def, that's better, even if i continue to think that they are too much powerfull...

About the rare talismants (needed for missions) , is it possible to increase their drop rate (or allow them to drop at lower levels, or sale them in the arena store) ?
I know they must be rare but actually they are too hard to get : i have 2/2/1 of them after more than 100 bnw levels complete...
Farming bnw level X is very long and frustrating: i need 10 min to clear one level with a full maxed out team, it cost 15 SoT, it's impossible to autofarm and every 5 matchs there is a crash a freeze or a lose :/
I think it's the hell for 99% of your players...

thealchemist
11-01-2017, 06:53 AM
About the rare talismants (needed for missions) , is it possible to increase their drop rate (or allow them to drop at lower levels, or sale them in the arena store) ?
I know they must be rare but actually they are too hard to get : i have 2/2/1 of them after more than 100 bnw levels complete...
Farming bnw is very long and frustrating: i need 10 min to clear one level with a full maxed out team, it cost 15 SoT and every 5 matchs there is a crash a freeze or a lose :/
I think it's the hell for 99% of your players...

I dont even have a set of immunity talismans to complete a mission, I have a single one from completing a GoL floor as a reward, thats it! anything rarer required for a mission will be impossible right now.

Also recently I have noticed a couple of strange instances in the arena where I've had toons with immunity yet have gained negative effects. How is that possible? And today I keep getting a screen about daily login reward but its blank.

JJJ428
11-01-2017, 10:15 AM
I am also getting the blank daily login screen. I am wondering if the daily login glitch I heard some people talk about is happening to us now.

PerthEddie
11-01-2017, 10:43 AM
Yeah I had that blank rewards screen as well today

MrFreeze
11-01-2017, 11:29 AM
I dont even have a set of immunity talismans to complete a mission, I have a single one from completing a GoL floor as a reward, thats it! anything rarer required for a mission will be impossible right now.

What was the mission with immunity talismans? My memory isn’t the best. I can put a set on my cyborg if it’ll help.

Edit: I went ahead and put them on. Hope it helps.

blade685
11-01-2017, 11:39 AM
Yeah I had that blank rewards screen as well today

same here blank screen

MrFreeze
11-01-2017, 11:41 AM
same here blank screen

I think it’s just a summary of what we all get out of this game.;)

DaveMurray
11-01-2017, 11:59 AM
Same here, blank screen on daily rewards.

Sparton_LOTB
11-01-2017, 06:58 PM

Yeah, Kaz was thinking the same thing. We're reviewing what we think will work best while still maintaining being a rare drop.

Also recently I have noticed a couple of strange instances in the arena where I've had toons with immunity yet have gained negative effects. How is that possible?

It depends heavily on the situation; I'd need to know more about what the situation is to know if what you're running into is a bug or if it is just an unusual case that is otherwise expected.

And today I keep getting a screen about daily login reward but its blank.

There appears to be an error with displaying information for the popup, even though rewards per day are being delivered when the popup first shows up for a day. We've identified the source of the problem, and because it's a contained section of the code, we're looking at deploying a fix later this week.

druid138
11-01-2017, 07:14 PM
Yeah, Kaz was thinking the same thing. We're reviewing what we think will work best while still maintaining being a rare drop.

I think you mentioned elsewhere that fragment functionality would be difficult for talismans. How about new Achievements that award sets of different, rare talismans for every X number of Floor 10 clears in the respective BNW dungeons? That still lets you guys control the mean, without the collateral damage of having a huge variance.

Dank Brew
11-01-2017, 07:20 PM
I had a new one happen last night... Weird bug.
PVP, I was fighting a team with AoF (No one else had an extra turn for team passive). I killed the Eddie and the AoF and then their teams turn comes, totally forgot what two characters it was though... First character gets a kill on my prisoner, both of his toons got an extra turn, even though his AoF was dead.

I still won, but it was very odd and I figured I'd see if anyone else seen it happen?

Kardas
11-01-2017, 07:46 PM
Sparton, while I've been updating my reference threads, I did notice two minor oddities that should maybe get fixed come next update:

The Assassin Mayan Priestess' Power move is called 'Suffication' (sic). I suppose it should be Suffocation? Or is this a word I (and my spellchecker) have never heard of?
Missions are referring to Zone Eater Talismans, while their proper name is Zone Talismans (Zone Eater is the name of their ability).

Inishmore
11-01-2017, 08:08 PM
I had a new one happen last night... Weird bug.
PVP, I was fighting a team with AoF (No one else had an extra turn for team passive). I killed the Eddie and the AoF and then their teams turn comes, totally forgot what two characters it was though... First character gets a kill on my prisoner, both of his toons got an extra turn, even though his AoF was dead.

I still won, but it was very odd and I figured I'd see if anyone else seen it happen?
Yep happened to me but on offense. I used an AoF and he got killed, but my GRE and Warrios NBoL still got the extra turn when they were up.

Dank Brew
11-01-2017, 08:10 PM
Another new one for me... Finished a battle in BNW GOL VI got a talisman, sold it and went to cosmos... Upon reaching cosmos a message popped up "failed to sell talismans (and a weird code of course). I missed the code cause I instinctively pressed ok.

Now the game is restarting for no reason. These thousands of small bugs are insane guys c'mon now.

thealchemist
11-02-2017, 12:37 AM

It depends heavily on the situation; I'd need to know more about what the situation is to know if what you're running into is a bug or if it is just an unusual case that is otherwise expected.

How about keeping the more common talismans out of floors VII and above (less or no overlap) as one measure? I did GoL VII last night and got another Guard talisman, something I do not need. Having a more common talisman potentially drop means the rarer ones like immunity, chance or shell are even less likely to, no? Also how many rewards are we meant to be getting from floor VII again, is it 2-4?

The only thing I remember is maybe Wickerman Eddie was on both teams? Does he have some special ability to overcome immunity though? If its not a bug can you explain how it maybe be possible to occur? Because here I am thinking that immunity means just that, immunity from negative effects :confused:

Yup
11-02-2017, 02:18 AM
I'm just sick of framing BNW lvl X and not getting ANY talismans. Those levels are more difficult, Talismans need to drop more frequently at those levels. I'm not expecting every time, but 1 in 30-50 tries (or whatever it is) is too rare.

JJJ428
11-02-2017, 02:30 AM
Try IX, to me probably same amount of probability or at least close and a lot less effort.

Yup
11-02-2017, 07:58 AM
Possibly, I guess I've only seen the Rage, Lightning, and Zone talismans drop at X... but I'll give IX a try.

zamasu
11-02-2017, 03:50 PM
@Sparton

Christmas is coming!! and the game had have major great updates, but also not so good ones. I propose a "Thank you gift" from NF, for those loyal players/customers that have been playing this game until this point. And what a better way to say "thank you" than give us a fragment event, one that will reward a "pick your character soul". This could be a one time deal, I bet you will make us players very happy.

Please consider this idea, I know it has been brought up before and what a great time to implement it than the holiday season!

-Zamasu

Sparton_LOTB
11-02-2017, 05:49 PM
I think you mentioned elsewhere that fragment functionality would be difficult for talismans. How about new Achievements that award sets of different, rare talismans for every X number of Floor 10 clears in the respective BNW dungeons? That still lets you guys control the mean, without the collateral damage of having a huge variance.

Well, we already have achievements where we give you a whole set of some of these already. There's not too much point to having more than one of sets like Rage or Zone, so I'm not sure we'd want to guarantee one of each set from achievements, because that just circumvents the whole idea of getting them from grinding in Brave New World.

Obviously this becomes a problem as content starts asking for having specific setups, but the Missions (and Crimson Pharaoh Dog) are not limited time additions; they'll be there for you for the foreseeable future.

The Assassin Mayan Priestess' Power move is called 'Suffication' (sic). I suppose it should be Suffocation? Or is this a word I (and my spellchecker) have never heard of?

Whoops, this is what happen when I do a lot of my work in spreadsheet software that doesn't have spellcheck; my inability to spell starts to become more obvious.

I've prepared a fix for a subsequent release.

Missions are referring to Zone Eater Talismans, while their proper name is Zone Talismans (Zone Eater is the name of their ability).

Good catch as well; I've prepared a fix for that and flagged that to be corrected in other languages too.

How about keeping the more common talismans out of floors VII and above (less or no overlap) as one measure? I did GoL VII last night and got another Guard talisman, something I do not need. Having a more common talisman potentially drop means the rarer ones like immunity, chance or shell are even less likely to, no? Also how many rewards are we meant to be getting from floor VII again, is it 2-4?

People haaaaated not getting talismans of any kind, and actually asked to be able to more easily get lower-tier talismans in the higher floors, so we acquiesced accordingly (and apparently it's still not enough (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9064-October-19th-2017-Update-Discussion&p=60389&viewfull=1#post60389)). I think there's more support in them being there if not (and if you don't want 'em, just sell them on the spot from the loot popup for some extra Gold). We agree that we don't want to flood you with lower-floor talismans, though, so it's a difficult balance to strike, and thus they're still relatively rare.

They're not making the rarer ones less likely, though. The drop rate of the main talismans for a given floor is explicitly controlled to produce a chance that will meet certain targets for "average amount of runs per set", and the probability of other kinds of rewards are judged to ensure those rare talismans drop at the intended frequency.

All Brave New World floors drop 3-4 rewards, but you'll sometimes only see 1 or 2 stacks of rewards if the same kind of reward is rolled more than once (for example, 3 star yellow XP rune x8 + 4 star green XP rune x4 + 4 star green XP rune x4 [3 rewards] = 3 star yellow XP rune x8 + 4 star green XP rune x8 [2 stacks of items]).

The only thing I remember is maybe Wickerman Eddie was on both teams? Does he have some special ability to overcome immunity though? If its not a bug can you explain how it maybe be possible to occur? Because here I am thinking that immunity means just that, immunity from negative effects :confused:

No one has the (intended) ability to place negative effects through Immunity. However, we've had problems in the past where certain methods of applying negative effects got around Immunity (for example, Grievous Burns able to Stun the unstunnable Sentinel Harpy). If such a bug exists, though, we need to know more about what characters/effects were being used to investigate it further.

There's also the matter of getting Immunity could appear to happen at the same time as gaining a negative effect (end of one turn applying something while start of the next turn applying something else), which can make it look like negative effects are being applied to an Immune character, but it's just the game isn't visually showing those separate steps of combat resolution as separate. While the visual timing of something is something we want to improve, in this case combat is functioning as intended (since Immunity is gained after gaining a negative effect, and gaining Immunity doesn't remove negative effects).

Christmas is coming!! and the game had have major great updates, but also not so good ones. I propose a "Thank you gift" from NF, for those loyal players/customers that have been playing this game until this point. And what a better way to say "thank you" than give us a fragment event, one that will reward a "pick your character soul". This could be a one time deal, I bet you will make us players very happy.

Please consider this idea, I know it has been brought up before and what a great time to implement it than the holiday season!

Sadly, we don't have the tech do that idea justice, but we're implementing something close for a subset of powerful characters in the coming months. Perhaps it could eventually be extended to something like that; we'll see!

Dank Brew
11-02-2017, 06:23 PM
Seriously??!! Why is a team of Pharaoh, warrior CotD, wickerman, and clairvoyant not having their passives blocked at the start of a PvP match while i'm using prisoner?? That ruined the first match, guess what? The second match the passive block worked and I won.

These fucking bugs are driving me insane. They are wasting my time. They are wasting my SOW.

Dank Brew
11-02-2017, 06:37 PM
Here is another stupid one. How the hell can someone counter when I just stole their counter effect? The counter disappeared from above him BEFORE he countered.

Does that really make sense to anyone?

Browno
11-02-2017, 06:43 PM
Seriously??!! Why is a team of Pharaoh, warrior CotD, wickerman, and clairvoyant not having their passives blocked at the start of a PvP match while i'm using prisoner?? That ruined the first match, guess what? The second match the passive block worked and I won.

These fucking bugs are driving me insane. They are wasting my time. They are wasting my SOW.
The extra turn passive and increase attack?

Dank Brew
11-02-2017, 06:52 PM
The extra turn passive and increase attack?

Yes... They weren't blocked in the first round, and that CotD did some damage, which wasn't supposed to happen.

mikmar
11-03-2017, 12:17 AM
Two bugs :

Witch Doctor passive doesn't work, specially against stun, and sometimes against freeze and taunt.
No passive block no prisoner against him.

Daily free rewards doesn't work as shown below:

JJJ428
11-03-2017, 02:35 AM
I know they mentioned the daily reward should get fixed this week, my question is when do we find out what is planned for November. Hoping the trooper souls come out this month.

thealchemist
11-03-2017, 02:45 AM
People haaaaated not getting talismans of any kind, and actually asked to be able to more easily get lower-tier talismans in the higher floors, so we acquiesced accordingly (and apparently it's still not enough (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9064-October-19th-2017-Update-Discussion&p=60389&viewfull=1#post60389)). I think there's more support in them being there if not (and if you don't want 'em, just sell them on the spot from the loot popup for some extra Gold). We agree that we don't want to flood you with lower-floor talismans, though, so it's a difficult balance to strike, and thus they're still relatively rare.

They're not making the rarer ones less likely, though. The drop rate of the main talismans for a given floor is explicitly controlled to produce a chance that will meet certain targets for "average amount of runs per set", and the probability of other kinds of rewards are judged to ensure those rare talismans drop at the intended frequency.

No one has the (intended) ability to place negative effects through Immunity. However, we've had problems in the past where certain methods of applying negative effects got around Immunity (for example, Grievous Burns able to Stun the unstunnable Sentinel Harpy). If such a bug exists, though, we need to know more about what characters/effects were being used to investigate it further.

There's also the matter of getting Immunity could appear to happen at the same time as gaining a negative effect (end of one turn applying something while start of the next turn applying something else), which can make it look like negative effects are being applied to an Immune character, but it's just the game isn't visually showing those separate steps of combat resolution as separate. While the visual timing of something is something we want to improve, in this case combat is functioning as intended (since Immunity is gained after gaining a negative effect, and gaining Immunity doesn't remove negative effects).

I dont agree about the talismans but I know I can't change your mind and realise you can't make everyone happy either. Its just personally if I wanted strength, health, iron, etc talismans its far easier, cheaper and more worthwhile to get them from campaign than BNW. There they are guaranteed to be 3* on madness, in BNW for at least double the SoT I'm getting those same talismans but they are only 2 star, it doesn't take a genius to work out that math doesn't add up. Not even worth selling really...

As for the more rarer and valuable talismans, Ive been trying to complete a set of immunity and shell from GoL but havent seen either. I'm relying on troopers to complete missions where I need to use immunity talismans. If thats how you intend the game to be so be it I guess. I know there isnt a time limit on them but I can't see myself ever completing all current missions though, I'm more likely to give the game away than continue grinding out of sheer desperation.

Finally regarding immunity and gaining negative effects, I definitely had immunity before gaining the negative effects, rather than gaining negative effects then gaining the immunity. For one, MCR has immunity for 2 rounds as a passive. Secondly I had artillery dog on my team both times which also brings immunity from the beginning. I'm pretty sure its a bug myself. I'll keep an eye out for it and try to take a picture of opposing teams, date/time and other details next time to get a better idea of what might be going on. Thanks for your response.

IceManFerrar
11-03-2017, 04:07 AM
Two bugs :

Witch Doctor passive doesn't work, specially against stun, and sometimes against freeze and taunt.

I’m having this same problem since the November monthly reset. Daily rewards were working fine for me and the suddenly stopped working after yesterday’s reset. Sigh!!!

I sent a ticket to support...hope they can fix it.

Sparton_LOTB
11-03-2017, 06:09 AM
I dont agree about the talismans but I know I can't change your mind and realise you can't make everyone happy either. Its just personally if I wanted strength, health, iron, etc talismans its far easier, cheaper and more worthwhile to get them from campaign than BNW. There they are guaranteed to be 3* on madness, in BNW for at least double the SoT I'm getting those same talismans but they are only 2 star, it doesn't take a genius to work out that math doesn't add up. Not even worth selling really...

As for the more rarer and valuable talismans, Ive been trying to complete a set of immunity and shell from GoL but havent seen either. I'm relying on troopers to complete missions where I need to use immunity talismans. If thats how you intend the game to be so be it I guess. I know there isnt a time limit on them but I can't see myself ever completing all current missions though, I'm more likely to give the game away than continue grinding out of sheer desperation.

The lowest floor talismans which are also available in the campaign are definitely there more for new players, with the mid-floors being able to better fill out secondary characters if they're in the Brave New World for runes.

On the subject of rarity of the higher-tier, though, based on the discussion in this thread, Kaz has asked me to review the talisman drop rates and make them a bit more common again. While those changes won't go live soon, it's something on my radar to improve.

Finally regarding immunity and gaining negative effects, I definitely had immunity before gaining the negative effects, rather than gaining negative effects then gaining the immunity. For one, MCR has immunity for 2 rounds as a passive. Secondly I had artillery dog on my team both times which also brings immunity from the beginning. I'm pretty sure its a bug myself. I'll keep an eye out for it and try to take a picture of opposing teams, date/time and other details next time to get a better idea of what might be going on. Thanks for your response.

Yeah, if you screenshot immediately after and give us a brief description of what happened leading into that screenshot, that usually gives us a lot of the info needed to track down an issue, and date/time also helps.

It's important to note that his passive will only trigger if he is stunned/frozen. It won't trigger if he's not stunned but an ally is.

If this is not what you're observing, we will need more details about the situation you saw it not working to be able to troubleshoot further.

I’m having this same problem since the November monthly reset. Daily rewards were working fine for me and the suddenly stopped working after yesterday’s reset. Sigh!!!

As JJJ428 noted above, we're aware of the situation and should have a fix out soon (probably showing up at some point tomorrow in the stores). I'll post in this thread when we know the hotfix is starting to become available.

[...] my question is when do we find out what is planned for November. Hoping the trooper souls come out this month.

We'll be sharing details about November events within the next day or so. Keep an eye on that News Feed (which has moved to the top-right of the main HUB, beside Options).

thealchemist
11-03-2017, 07:30 AM
As JJJ428 noted above, we're aware of the situation and should have a fix out soon (probably showing up at some point tomorrow in the stores). I'll post in this thread when we know the hotfix is starting to become available.

I noticed the app had updated today on my tablet and low and behold I saw the daily login rewards as they should be. Perhaps people should check to see if there is an update available and restart the app once installed.

Sparton_LOTB
11-03-2017, 07:57 AM
I noticed the app had updated today on my tablet and low and behold I saw the daily login rewards as they should be. Perhaps people should check to see if there is an update available and restart the app once installed.

Ah yes, the switch must have been flipped, but I'm not sure if it's on one platform or both. I'll check when I'm back in the office. Thanks for letting us know!

Yup
11-03-2017, 04:58 PM
Is it just me or has the Gold return diminished? I seem to be running short on gold A LOT this past week or two, never did before.

Completely willing to accept it's just my perception. But it really seems to be a noticeable thing now when I really never had a problem before the Halloween events started.

JJJ428
11-03-2017, 05:07 PM
I always found it funny that people said they have a lot of gold you don't realize how much you use during big events until you need it. Betweeen maxing talismans and dropping rare souls at 50 drop clips the gold will disappear fast.

Yup
11-03-2017, 05:15 PM
Good point.. lots of high-end soul conversions.. that's probably where it's gone. I forget those cost gold and never pay attention to how much.

Dank Brew
11-03-2017, 06:13 PM
Good point.. lots of high-end soul conversions.. that's probably where it's gone. I forget those cost gold and never pay attention to how much.

It gets me every time... later in the day i'm like wtf happened!!!! lol

Askora
11-10-2017, 05:06 PM
Magus Mayan Priestess Soul Absorb skill is supposed to grant magic up on a kill. It is an AoE attack, but only applies the magic up if the toon actually targeted is killed. If another toon is killed, instead of the targeted toon she does not get the buff.

Sparton_LOTB
11-10-2017, 06:23 PM
Magus Mayan Priestess Soul Absorb skill is supposed to grant magic up on a kill. It is an AoE attack, but only applies the magic up if the toon actually targeted is killed. If another toon is killed, instead of the targeted toon she does not get the buff.

Thanks for the info. Our QA is logging the issue to be tracked and fixed.

JJJ428
11-10-2017, 06:23 PM
Can we get any update on missions not being completed for some people. I am at 194 with what I assume is one mission left which I should clear Sunday. Will this be fixed at all soon I have email into support since last Sunday with no reply back yet.

Sparton_LOTB
11-10-2017, 06:44 PM
Can we get any update on missions not being completed for some people. I am at 194 with what I assume is one mission left which I should clear Sunday. Will this be fixed at all soon I have email into support since last Sunday with no reply back yet.

Our team has identified what has caused some players to not have their "missions completed" achievement counting correctly and have been working implementing and verifying a fix. I don't have much more concrete to post yet, but I may know more later today, and if I learn more about the progress of that fix I'll post a message in here.

Sorry about the lack of response on that.

Liebhild
11-11-2017, 04:13 PM
Hey Sparton, would it be too much if you would say, why the Defencebonus was increased with the latest update?