PDA

View Full Version : Dark Rituals Event - Limited Time Soul + EXCLUSIVE PVP Character!

Sparton_LOTB
10-19-2017, 06:54 PM
There are Dark Rituals in the Mayan Arena, and they have curried the favour of an EXCLUSIVE Mayan Priestess!

From now until October 26th, 5 PM PT, the Gods are watching over you as you do battle in the Mayan Arena. Every battle (win, loss, or draw!) will guarantee event-exclusive soul fragments!

Ritual Soul Fragments will be the most commonly dropped Fragment during this event. Collecting 200 of these fragments allows you to get the limited time Ritual Soul. Ritual Souls guarantee a 3★-5★ Character of ANY class, with an increased chance of the following highlight characters:

Shaman Eddie (5 star Warrior): A mixed attacker which can do both physical and magical damage and apply debuffs which amplify the amount of damage enemies take.
The Witch Doctor (5 star Sentinel) (New!): A true damage attacker which can Doom, Silence, or Block Beneficial Effect random enemies, manipulate the Accuracy of both teams, and will automatically cleanse all allies and Curse all enemies if he is Stunned, Frozen, or Taunted.
Mayan Priestess (4 star Warrior) (New!): A magic attacker which can Freeze, Accuracy Down, or Seal each enemy with her power skill and can increase the duration of negative effects on a target with her basic.
Mayan Priestess (4 star Magus) (New!): She can heal and cast Regen HP on all allies, grant herself Magic Up if she kills an enemy, and has a passive which grants Endure to a random ally each turn.
Mayan Priestess (4 star Gunner) (New!): She has a basic attack to heal random allies and a power skill which revives a random ally and grants her an extra turn if she can get a kill with it.
Mayan Priestess (4 star Assassin) (New!): A strong, single target mixed damage attacker which can remove all positive effects from an enemy, heal all allies based on negative effects on an enemy, and gets stronger both when the enemy has lower HP and when she has lower HP.

The secondary fragment you can earn is a Priestess Soul Fragment. Collecting 500 earns you the EVENT EXCLUSIVE 4 star Sentinel Mayan Priestess, who has the Revenge passive, can Steal Positive Effects with her basic attack, and can heal her team, with increased healing based on the number of positive effects she has.

In addition to the above changes to the Arena:

The Ritual Soul (which has improved chances of Shaman Eddie, the Witch Doctor, and 4 of the Mayan Priestesses) is available for Ironite in the store for the duration of the event.
The Witch Doctor and the 4 classes of Mayan Priestess which are available in the Ritual Soul are also available in other souls appropriate to their class and rarity.

Important: The Sentinel Mayan Priestess is not available in any other souls, so if you miss the opportunity to summon this character, it may be a very long time until you get another chance!

The event exclusive Sentinel Mayan Priestess debuts in Legacy of the Beast today! Check out this Priestess’ key information below:

SKILLS AND PASSIVE

Revenge (Passive)
35% Chance to counterattack when an ally gets attacked.

Treachery (Basic)
Deals 2 hits of physical damage to a single target.
35% Chance to [E267D2]Steal a Beneficial Effects[-] per hit.
LV 2/3/4/5 DMG+ 10/15/20/25%
LV 4 Effect Chance +10%

Golden Paradise (Power)
[E267D2]Heal[-] all allies.
Heal amount is based on your [FF4500]ATK[-] and [32CD32]MAX HP[-].
Heal amount increases based on the number of beneficial effects on self.
LV 2/3/4/5 Healing +10/10/10/10%

TALISMAN SLOTS

3 Open / 2 Sentinel / 1 Warrior

Dank Brew
10-19-2017, 07:01 PM
Sounds awesome, Thanks for the update guys. Will go try it out now! \m/

MisterEly
10-19-2017, 07:13 PM
Witch Doctor sounds really cool! I want him!

Dank Brew
10-19-2017, 07:44 PM
From now until October 26th, 5 PM PT, the Gods are watching over you as you do battle in the Mayan Arena. Every battle (win, loss, or draw!) will guarantee event-exclusive soul fragments!

Lost a battle due to AoF passive not working, did not get fragments... Even though it's guaranteed...

Like I said before - I'm sick of being a game tester for free. Why is it the players job to find the bugs?
It's not like these bugs are hard to find, do you guys not test anything at all, ever?

I should have expected to be let down like every other time. wtf

Ancient Mariner
10-19-2017, 07:52 PM
I thought i misread it indeed, i'm not getting fragments when i lose arena battles either

p.s: just seen the Witch Doctor's pic, and it's definitely a Predator :D

Amarthir
10-19-2017, 07:55 PM
Man just went up against this Blitz dude and he crushed my team twice.

Note: Received no rewards for losing.

Other than that, I like that the Corrupt General got some love. He's pretty useful on my team now.

New note: tried challenging Blitz again ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 3rd loss rewarded 5 ritual fragments.

blade685
10-19-2017, 07:56 PM
200 slot is a good thing for characters, buy 10 new souls, no Witch Doctor or 4 of the Mayan Priestesses
but a new good character: nomad

Sparton_LOTB
10-19-2017, 07:58 PM
It looks like there was a bug regarding not getting fragments on losses or draws. This will be fixed the next time your force lose and restart the app.

Sorry about the error.

mikmar
10-19-2017, 08:58 PM
12 battles, 11 won 1 lost, no Sentinel Mayan Priestess fragments, only 5 ritual souls fragments each battle. No frags for the loss.

PaquitoChep
10-19-2017, 09:07 PM
This and the new Satellite 15 feature, will keep me really attached as I used to maybe 1 and 1/2 month ago haha, now just hope to get lucky on this upcoming souls

Sparton_LOTB
10-19-2017, 09:42 PM
Please keep discussion in this thread relating to the new event. I'll be deleting replies which do not have to do with the event or the characters from it.

Amarthir
10-19-2017, 10:11 PM
Getting real close to my first ritual soul. Yet only about 85 priestess fragments in. It seems you earn priestess frags at half the rate of ritual frags.

I'm comin' for those fate talismans.
By the way in the talisman store, it says that Fate Talismans are a 2 set, and also there's 4 options for them on there. Not sure if it's a bug or if it's giving iron coin hoarders a headstart. Plus it says limited rather than new.

Just thought I'd put out all the info just in case.

URock
10-19-2017, 11:04 PM
Bought 20 Souls and got only trash...I hate this RNG-Game.

Sparton_LOTB
10-19-2017, 11:06 PM
By the way in the talisman store, it says that Fate Talismans are a 2 set, and also there's 4 options for them on there. Not sure if it's a bug or if it's giving iron coin hoarders a headstart. Plus it says limited rather than new.

My apologies, but the store is incorrect; it is a 3 set for it's effect, not a 2 set.

Because that's a simple text change and it is quite misleading, we're working on doing a quick server update which will correct that.

EDIT: Said store description has been updated to correctly indicate it's a 3 set.

kkkreg5
10-20-2017, 02:07 AM
Please keep discussion in this thread relating to the new event. I'll be deleting replies which do not have to do with the event or the characters from it.

Thanks. Appreciate the remind...

carousel
10-20-2017, 02:14 AM
I got the Mayan Priestess Magus and she doesn't steal beneficial effects

MoonShadow
10-20-2017, 09:42 AM
Got no RNG luck today... brought 3x3 event souls and got zero red eyes.... this is completely demotivating. :(

JJJ428
10-20-2017, 10:54 AM
Do the fragments only drop in increments of 5?

Patrice-1201
10-20-2017, 11:09 AM
Do the fragments only drop in increments of 5?

No I once 50 rainbows and 10 greens

satani
10-20-2017, 01:29 PM
Well, opened a 20 pack twice, got 2x Magus and 2x Warrior Priestess, unfortunately Double on each device and on my mobile, i opened a 10-Pack and only got a dupe GCR, nothing new here. Yet thanks to the new missions missions, i'm finally able to claim one gunner pharaoh dog without trying to beat these LOL X high stakes.
Garden of Delight finally works and PVP seems to run smoothly now.
The new characters were something i did not expect. Witch doctor seems a heavy combination for Mystic Eddies Finisher.
The rest of the walkyres, except maybe the warrior seem pretty generic and the exclusive PVP sentinel priestess seems the sentinel version of the warrior/assassin nboL, may come in handy.

mikmar
10-20-2017, 04:56 PM
Getting real close to my first ritual soul. Yet only about 85 priestess fragments in. It seems you earn priestess frags at half the rate of ritual frags.

I'm comin' for those fate talismans.

Just thought I'd put out all the info just in case.

Talisman store ?? Fate Talismans ??

Where are they ??

Arena Store ??
Special Store ??
Trooper Store ??
Resource Store ??
Brave New World dungeon ??
Lord Of Light dungeon ??

I can't find the store where the fate talismans are ...

IceManFerrar
10-20-2017, 05:12 PM

Where are they ??

Arena Store ??
Special Store ??
Trooper Store ??
Resource Store ??
Brave New World dungeon ??
Lord Of Light dungeon ??

I can't find the store where the fate talismans are ...

Arena store...new tab for Talismans.

Sparton_LOTB
10-20-2017, 05:12 PM
I got the Mayan Priestess Magus and she doesn't steal beneficial effects

Whoops, mixed up a bit of her description in the event post with the Sentinel one. I've corrected that.

Thanks for the heads up.

The Fate and True Talismans are available from the PVP Store, in a new Talisman tab.

That said, please keep discussion in this event thread to the event and the characters itself. I am continuing to remove posts that are off topic.

Witkacy
10-20-2017, 07:19 PM
That said, please keep discussion in this event thread to the event and the characters itself. I am continuing to remove posts that are off topic.

Sparton :)

Hi, so this is censorship in the forum now? Sure thing you WILL delete all the posts which being not convenient for you... Better would be to address and say a word about the bugs been posted occuring at the PVP arena which you have set as the PLACE OF THIS EVENT!!!... So ANY actions, bugs, freezes and all that stuff which actually going on the arena while I fight for the fragments is bounded with an event as this IS HAPPENING during this event!

Lost twice because of the bugs - no reward after restarting the device as well...

Cheers,

W

Dank Brew
10-20-2017, 07:27 PM
Sparton :)

Hi, so this is censorship in the forum now? Sure thing you WILL delete all the posts which being not convenient for you... Better would be to address and say a word about the bugs been posted occuring at the PVP arena which you have set as the PLACE OF THIS EVENT!!!... So ANY actions, bugs, freezes and all that stuff which actually going on the arena while I fight for the fragments is bounded with an event as this IS HAPPENING during this event!

Lost twice because of the bugs - no reward after restarting the device as well...

Cheers,

W

Exactly this. If it's inconvenient and unrelated it's deleted.

Well I have news for you Sparton, this post is related... AoF passive has not worked a few times in PVP, but it's fine everywhere else... During a PVP event! How convenient...

Dank Brew
10-20-2017, 07:30 PM
One more thing... I find it completely ridiculous that for a 4* character, we get SECONDARY drops and we have to get 500 of them?? Jesus christ some of us have lives outside the game you know. I haven't even got one of them yet, all ritual fragments. Guess who's not getting that character...

Tim28213
10-20-2017, 08:38 PM
The 500 is daunting. So far I only have 105 with the weekend coming up. I barely get to play on the weekends so it is looking very unlikely.
The last arena event took me 168 battles to complete enough frags and I was really pushing my amount of play time and lost a little sleep to accomplish that many.
Based on my average for the battles I've done so far I estimate it will take about 192 battles to complete unless I get a couple of miraculous 50 drops which historically my RNG misses. There is a point that the fun hobby becomes work trying to keep up.
At least loses count this time.

Still, I cannot imagine trying to create a game where there is balance between the power players who have plenty of time to play and get bored if events are not super challenging and the people who want to play but have work/family/life commitments that limit their time but who also want to feel it is possible to achieve the in-game rewards.

Sparton_LOTB
10-20-2017, 08:50 PM
The 500 is daunting. So far I only have 105 with the weekend coming up. I barely get to play on the weekends so it is looking very unlikely.
The last arena event took me 168 battles to complete enough frags and I was really pushing my amount of play time and lost a little sleep to accomplish that many.

Keep in mind that, unlike previous PVP events that normally start and end on Saturday, the bonus fragments from PVP lasts until October 26th (ie next Thursday in Pacific Time), so if you're 1/5th done with over 5 days left, you've got a good shot of making it!

Dank Brew
10-20-2017, 09:34 PM
I'm getting close to my first 200 of ritual souls... Anyone wanna make a bet? Red eyes or no? I predict no. If I get a shaman, I will delete all of my negative comments from today. And thats a promise. lol

Bradata
10-20-2017, 10:14 PM
The Witch Doctor sucks big time. Cleansing would be nice if it was applying even if he doesn't get stunned or frozen, he almost never gets it but my other toons do and then you can guess, he doesn't do shit to help them. And on top of all this, he is a single hit character :eek:

Dank Brew
10-20-2017, 10:34 PM
The Witch Doctor sucks big time. Cleansing would be nice if it was applying even if he doesn't get stunned or frozen, he almost never gets it but my other toons do and then you can guess, he doesn't do shit to help them. And on top of all this, he is a single hit character :eek:

Sacrifice that fool! lol but then they'll buff him right after... Yikes

Bradata
10-20-2017, 10:39 PM
Sacrifice that fool! lol but then they'll buff him right after... Yikes

Ha, ha! I will, my dupe that I got from the first soul I puled from the arena.

MrFreeze
10-20-2017, 10:39 PM

This pops into my head whenever the witch doctor is mentioned

https://youtu.be/lnslb47YJcU

This is related right? I’m talkin bout the witch doctor here.

Dank Brew
10-20-2017, 10:45 PM

That's hilarious...

on another note - The closer I get to 200, the more green frags I get instead haha. I guess I will be getting one of those souls before the end. I don't know how you top rank PVP guys do it. I kinda feel like a robot doing these nonstop PVP matches.

Amarthir
10-21-2017, 12:07 AM
I've been working around the clock to get that soul and my rank has been higher than it ever was before, I'm at Warlord I when I've never even finished on Warlord III. I'm about halfway towards the green soul and I've pulled the Blue Priestess. She's not that bad, her passive is pretty cool since it will give someone endure for 2 turns instead of one. Other than that, she's a little meh.

Fate Talismans stop working when you kill a holder with immortality. That's probably supposed to happen but it's a little bit anticlimactic considering it takes 3000 iron coins for 1 set.

Witkacy
10-21-2017, 01:44 AM

Bradata :)

Well... He even looks pretty lame... Thanks to kindness and so luck of some my troops - I had the ''pleasure'' to test some of the new characters... Witch Doctor - through entire level all I could admire was his green back, pineapple haircut and waving the hand - saw his face at last in the end - meh... Nothing special...

Mayan Priestess (Warrior) - WOW! She's hot! Almost naked, yet with pelt (?) on the back - and why the hell she's doing MAGIC damage being Warrior? So what will be next? Assassin who heals maybe?

Arena Update:

Played two matches against the same guy as yesterday - Battle #1: Winning until killing self revived toon (Golden Son Gunner) -> Freeze -> Buttons Missing -> Restart the game -> DEFEAT -> No reward at all

Take #2: Change tactics to ''Kamikaze mode''... Golden Son is down... Revived... Down... YAY!! I have still all buttons usable, no freeze, eveything's perfect, but the fact that I've LOST - got the reward indeed!

So... The question is: why the hell, I need to loose just to win something, because when I win (sometimes) I get nothing, but the info of DEFEAT?

Cheers,

W

DaveMurray
10-21-2017, 02:38 PM
Arena event with fragments.
200 fragments for 3* toons.
Thanks NF.

Bradata
10-21-2017, 02:47 PM

HA, HA! I feel exactly like this song when I play him! And to think about how many ironite I used to get him... now I'm sad! :(

prin666team
10-21-2017, 03:37 PM
I have thrown my 900 ironite I had saved for a magician cutthroat who is a 4-star donkey.
this event is over for me, since I have no more ironites and I will not spend even a euro on buying souls.
this has become a hoax and if you want souls you have to pay them.
the last 10 legendary souls have been rescued corrupt magician and wickerman.
rng i love you
I think that soon I will be another player tired of playing a game that gives me nothing in return, and I have spent euros in ironites when I have needed, but I will not spend a euro more.

GotN
10-21-2017, 10:59 PM
After 120 pvp fights last 2 days since event started I am stuck on just 100 fragments for this sentinel priest. This event is even worse than last for gunner chopper as drop rates of under 1 is just a damn bad joke!

Blacksteel
10-22-2017, 12:14 AM
After 120 pvp fights last 2 days since event started I am stuck on just 100 fragments for this sentinel priest. This event is even worse than last for gunner chopper as drop rates of under 1 is just a damn bad joke!

Almost 170 fights here and have 175 fragments so far it's a little over 1 ps fragment per fight on average, at this rate looks like it will take over 400 fights to get there.

Amarthir
10-22-2017, 03:02 AM
Around about >200 battles and I have 435 fragments. Will likely finish by early tomorrow.

On a side note, this is the first time I ever finished in anything above Duelist I. I hit Warlord 1 and I'm pretty proud of myself

Kris-0707
10-22-2017, 07:43 AM
I don't know if someone is enjoying that event. For me this event is just ridiculous like pretty much all special souls events in that game.
I bought over 30 souls (spent all my ironite) and pulled just 2 Magus Mayan Priestesses ... WTF?
Ok, managed to collect 200 fragments in arena, converted them to the 1 soul, I thought that this soul maybe give me witch doctor or some other 5 star toon.
Surprise surprise 3 stars corrupt ox cultist, what the f*** ?
Why, I'm asking why the hell the drop from event souls is so bad? Why the pool incl. 3 stars characters?
At the moment from rare souls and from these new ritual souls we can get (correct me if I'm wrong) over 120 different toons? Most of them are 3 stars trash.
All event souls are 1: expensive to buy, 2: very time consuming to get. Drop from these souls should be 4 and 5 stars only.
Next question is: why we cannot pull new toons from event souls at the first time? For example 1st souls will give Witch Doctor, next would be Warrior Mayan Priestess, then Magus, Gunner, Assassin and Sentinel.
After collecting all, next souls would give random toons from the pool. Why you always gives us chances to get something?
I understand that you want to grab as much money from players as you can, but come on, this is "event", give us something guaranteed and if someone would like to get more toons to use them for sacrificing, will buy ironite to get more souls or more SoW for getting fragments.

I'm very disappointed.

Ancient Mariner
10-22-2017, 11:37 AM
Next question is: why we cannot pull new toons from event souls at the first time? For example 1st souls will give Witch Doctor, next would be Warrior Mayan Priestess, then Magus, Gunner, Assassin and Sentinel.
After collecting all, next souls would give random toons from the pool. Why you always gives us chances to get something?
I understand that you want to grab as much money from players as you can, but come on, this is "event", give us something guaranteed and if someone would like to get more toons to use them for sacrificing, will buy ironite to get more souls or more SoW for getting fragments.

I'm very disappointed.

Beside the fact that they obviously need to tempt players to spend money to get what they want in an easier way, otherwise i guess almost nobody would do it; but it's not just that:
i've never spent a cent for this game since day one for example, yet i'm ok with what i get... the fun is also to "struggle" to get characters you're waiting for, and the other resources aswell.

I imagine how would it be if it was as you suggested, that is getting surely all the new stuff everytime..that would mean that every player had any toon and so all of us had all the same characters available..such a boredom!

Liebhild
10-22-2017, 03:20 PM
Most stupid event in my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those 2 differnet soul fragments drop events are plain bullshit.

One more event like this and I am done with this.

Their pseudo random is a joke. It's far a away from beeing random.

Edit:
2 refills and only 1 x 5 Priestess Soul.
If I would write now, what I really think about NF, post would be deleted and I would be banned.

Tridimensionale
10-22-2017, 05:09 PM
Most stupid event in my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those 2 differnet soul fragments drop events are plain bullshit.

One more event like this and I am done with this.

Their pseudo random is a joke. It's far a away from beeing random.

Edit:
2 refills and only 1 x 5 Priestess Soul.
If I would write now, what I really think about NF, post would be deleted and I would be banned.

Don t worry man, i m pretty sure there will be some shop-update in the last days like >buy 200 fragments for real $$$<.. so that 80% of the players that want her will have to buy for it ..
The event isn t stupid. It just fulfill his purpose :rolleyes:

JJJ428
10-22-2017, 05:10 PM
I wanted to see is anyone seeing 50 drops with this event. I haven't had one yet and i have played between 300-350 battles. Or is it only 5-10 drops?

Witkacy
10-22-2017, 05:26 PM
Dear NF :)

Once again - battle has been won (I think that no one has any doubts in that matter), yet I HAVE LOST!

Because I had to manually shut off my device - no souls fragments dropped (again), no iron coins has been earned (again), no gold has been earned (again), Sands Of War has been lost for nothing (again), downfall in the rank (a...), unfair loosing (a...)

On the top of that the the green chick fragments been beyond poor - I've gathered 115/500 so far... But I guess I am DONE with this one - just now... Poor droprates, freezing, bugs and all that stuff - I can't blame people putting certain characters on their defences making the game EVERYTIME freezing - I blame YOU - it's total waste of time and so nerves...

About the Ritual Souls... One has been earned through battles = crap; bought 2x 3 souls packs via ironities off missions:

1 pack: Shaman Eddie (Glad to have it back after sacrificing him one day), 2x Sentinel 3* ''Invaders''
2 pack: Warrior Undead Rescuer, 2x Magus 3* ''Invaders''

Cheers,

W

Amarthir
10-22-2017, 05:53 PM
I wanted to see is anyone seeing 50 drops with this event. I haven't had one yet and i have played between 300-350 battles. Or is it only 5-10 drops?

I've had at least 3 50 drops for the ritual souls. But none more than 10 drops for the priestess soul.

JJJ428
10-22-2017, 06:13 PM
Thanks just wanted to make sure I would take 50 of the ritual soul because I know I will hit the priest eventually this week. I have never had my luck this bad on the 50 drops before.

Ancient Mariner
10-22-2017, 07:06 PM

curiously, i had only once a drop of 50 fragment (for the general ritual soul) and it was at my first arena fight after the update

Kamuz24z
10-22-2017, 09:10 PM
Thanks just wanted to make sure I would take 50 of the ritual soul because I know I will hit the priest eventually this week. I have never had my luck this bad on the 50 drops before.

From all fights just one drop of 50 seems like those are extremely rare

Amarthir
10-22-2017, 09:16 PM
Pulled my Sentinel Priestess just now. I lack the materials to max her level at the moment but I must ask myself after all of this, was it worth it? Perhaps if paired with the Assassin Troll, she'll be a threat.

Edit: Found a nice team for her, in fact this team could break PvP

Cyborg Eddie (Void+Invisibility)
Angel of Pain (Cyclone+Energy)
Eda, Valkyrie Knight (Paralysis+Thief)
Sentinel Priestess (Thorn+Advantage)

This is more of a preliminary setup using what I can at the moment, but I can see this pissing off alot of people if this team goes first.

thealchemist
10-23-2017, 03:52 AM
I havent kept track of exact number of battles but I am at 180 fragments for the priestess, seems unlikely at this stage as I keep getting ritual soul fragments way more often. No 50s, mostly 5s and the odd 10. I just dropped the ritual soul in the book of souls and to my surprise I got AoF which is a new toon. I was expecting a 3* dupe. So makes the event so far worth it, even if I am already over it.

Mariner-1212
10-23-2017, 02:39 PM
I haven't counted battles, but I've done enough to get the green priestess and 5 event souls. Here's the thing with the event souls - maybe a fluke, but they seem to get better with each pull. First two were shit. Then warrior priestess. Then magus priestess. Then Shaman Eddie. All are dupes for me, but can't complain with the drops - I just happen to have them already.

Considering that we get the frags even if you lose a fight, you can simply farm them like you would a level. If you don't want to, then don't. Is the green priestess worth it? Maybe. She's basically a Warrior NBoL that steals beneficial effects rather than removing them, and she heals. Great support toon, if your team can benefit from her move set.

Oh and I didn't see one 50 frag drop.

Iced_Earth
10-23-2017, 04:45 PM
Im at 225 Frags for the priestess. And i used Every sow since the Event had started. This Really sucks, mb it sould stay a week more...

Tim28213
10-23-2017, 08:32 PM
Honestly I can't decide if I hate this event or if it is ok after all. The arena events are hard for me in general. I like the arena in short bits, but the forced grind trying to achieve a goal gets really tedious. I agree that this and the previous arena event have pushed my ranking up higher than I thought I would get as a casual player, but I also put way more time than I probably should have for a hobby getting there.
The rng is killing me. After my green fragment rate dropped to about 1.6 average I pretty much gave up on Friday and decided to just play my normal run of arena sands. Today on my 10 battle run at lunch I hit a great run of 5/10 green fragments and am halfway debating putting effort into the special character again. I'm back up to about a 2.0 average but with a long way to go still. Try.. give up... dang that rng teasing me...

I spent 900 ironite on a 10-pack of ritual souls and got 3 dupes of the same warrior priestess. That was also frustrating. Yay sacrifice fodder, but did it have to be 3 of the exact same one I already had? That seemed like a waste of a lot of hard earned ironite. I want the shaman eddie more than I want the special toon from the arena but that 900 blew most of what I had banked up to try.

I have also not seen a 50 green fragment. I did see one 50 for the regular ritual soul though.

So I still don't know if this is a good event for me or too challenging for the time I am able to put in. I guess I'll know in a couple days.
The pumpkin event was my favorite by far of all the events I've been around to participate in.

I did just see a defense that is very like my offense for the first time since I started in the arena. 3 of the 4 characters I consistently run. That was pretty cool and fun.

bort
10-23-2017, 09:39 PM
I'm going to go ahead and ask that y'all stop complaining about getting dupe Mayan chars in your 10 pack ritual souls.

Took me 16 souls to get a single 4*. I'd gladly trade my results for yours >:(

GotN
10-23-2017, 10:05 PM
Drop rate has improved here a little. After about 250 fights I’m at 420 green and 780 coloured fragments, so should be able to get the sentinel the next 3 days without buying any more SoW from ironit (spent about 150 ironit for it so far). Did not see a 50 frag drop. Also 13 ritual souls gave me warrior and magus mayan, so really lucky with that in view of my normal bad luck :D

Mariner-1212
10-23-2017, 10:13 PM
I'm going to go ahead and ask that y'all stop complaining about getting dupe Mayan chars in your 10 pack ritual souls.

Took me 16 souls to get a single 4*. I'd gladly trade my results for yours >:(

FWIW, I didn't get any of them from the 18 ritual souls I bought. Those toons + others I saved led to a sacrifice for me, winning 40 rare souls + combos of around 20-30 others, eventually landing me a warrior and magus priestess. Like I said, the ritual souls from the event fragments seem to be dropping high quality for the past 3 I've gotten, so maybe there's something to it, maybe not. But yeah, buying all those souls yielded 1 wickerman, and a 3* burn fiesta.

konstifik
10-24-2017, 02:52 PM
I haven't counted battles, but I've done enough to get the green priestess and 5 event souls. Here's the thing with the event souls - maybe a fluke, but they seem to get better with each pull. First two were shit. Then warrior priestess. Then magus priestess. Then Shaman Eddie. All are dupes for me, but can't complain with the drops - I just happen to have them already.

Considering that we get the frags even if you lose a fight, you can simply farm them like you would a level. If you don't want to, then don't. Is the green priestess worth it? Maybe. She's basically a Warrior NBoL that steals beneficial effects rather than removing them, and she heals. Great support toon, if your team can benefit from her move set.

Oh and I didn't see one 50 frag drop.

I just lost 10 matches in a row on purpose for quick frag farming and every time I got ritual soul frags. So, seems like you have to win to get priestess frags, or at least that they are very rare drops for defeats.

qazwer00
10-24-2017, 04:27 PM
I just lost 10 matches in a row on purpose for quick frag farming and every time I got ritual soul frags. So, seems like you have to win to get priestess frags, or at least that they are very rare drops for defeats.

I got many time 5 or 10 priestess frags on losses, I think it's just bad RNG

Dank Brew
10-24-2017, 04:35 PM
No Idea how many battles i've done, but i've been at it pretty hard compared to usual. I've so far got 3 ritual souls, which consted of 2 ox's and some other 3* dupe and i'm only at 135/500 priestess frags... She seems cool, but I have an assassin NBoL maxed... So she isn't necessary anyways. Hopefully the convert well, i'd really like a 5* sacrificial heart...

Tim28213
10-24-2017, 06:51 PM
I've gotten one or two 5-drops of green shards off of intentional losses burning through a few SoW. It can happen.

Silentknight
10-24-2017, 07:26 PM
Sen. Priestess championed. Go ez on her tho...talismans only! Can't b bothered sharding NFs flavour of the week!!!

Dank Brew
10-24-2017, 07:31 PM
Sen. Priestess championed. Go ez on her tho...talismans only! Can't b bothered sharding NFs flavour of the week!!!

Hah, good call... I'm going to be sharding my new AG and Prisoner as I can... I'm sure they'll get some serious nerfing soon. Sorry guys... lol

Silentknight
10-24-2017, 07:36 PM
Hah, good call... I'm going to be sharding my new AG and Prisoner as I can... I'm sure they'll get some serious nerfing soon. Sorry guys... lol

Meh, only 9 shards on a sentinel that heals...y not!?! Sharded!

Majice
10-25-2017, 02:57 PM
Finally! What a grind! No 50pt drops all 5 and 10. I got 50s on the ritual 3 times so far. Ritual souls got me sacrifice fodder. Lucky for me my girlfriend was out of town!

Tim28213
10-25-2017, 05:36 PM
Apparently it is true that persistence and patience can achieve anything. Got the Sentinel priestess last night. Also no 50s but I did get a good few 10s.

Seriously hats off to those of you that can maintain the high arena rankings!

Mizrael
10-25-2017, 08:13 PM
OMG! once again...i was stupid enough to spend 100€ on ironite in hope to get the witch doctor or the prisoner...turned all dupes into around 4 LVL6 sacrifices,filled the vortex...NOTHING!

C’MON RNG! Even Brewtus has got a prisoner by now!!! WTF?!

Seriously! 60+ ritual souls, about 10 legendary, 40 G/A and a few rares...NOTHING!

This was the last time i’ve spent real money on this shitty RNG...i swear...

(sorry,just needed to get it off my chest,thanks for reading)

blade685
10-25-2017, 09:43 PM
OMG! once again...i was stupid enough to spend 100€ on ironite in hope to get the witch doctor or the prisoner...turned all dupes into around 4 LVL6 sacrifices,filled the vortex...NOTHING!

C’MON RNG! Even Brewtus has got a prisoner by now!!! WTF?!

Seriously! 60+ ritual souls, about 10 legendary, 40 G/A and a few rares...NOTHING!

This was the last time i’ve spent real money on this shitty RNG...i swear...

(sorry,just needed to get it off my chest,thanks for reading)

sorry for you it's the biggest problem of the game, you spend ironite and you win at 90% nothing good if you are end game player
and all price in the store are totally insane for the content of the game :confused:

MrFreeze
10-25-2017, 10:23 PM
I don’t know if I’ll make it on this event. I’m around 400 greens, but have limited time for this crap before reset tomorrow. I may have to auto lose a bunch of pvp battles tomorrow to make it. Seems dumb to be able to do that, but I didn’t set the event up.

Mariner-1212
10-25-2017, 10:51 PM
I don’t know if I’ll make it on this event. I’m around 400 greens, but have limited time for this crap before reset tomorrow. I may have to auto lose a bunch of pvp battles tomorrow to make it. Seems dumb to be able to do that, but I didn’t set the event up.

I think it ends in just over an hour, no?

Iced_Earth
10-25-2017, 10:55 PM
i think it will end tommorrow at the reset. it says 26 at 17 pdt

Mariner-1212
10-25-2017, 11:02 PM
i think it will end tommorrow at the reset. it says 26 at 17 pdt

You're right, thanks. I don't know if I thought that was a 5 instead of a 6 or what, but I scrambled all afternoon to get a second green priestess and didn't have to. And in hindsight, I may have been better with the 5 precious souls from the convert, but oh well. Not complaining.

Iced_Earth
10-25-2017, 11:14 PM
seriously ?:o youre gettin enough frags for a second pristess=?

Amarthir
10-25-2017, 11:17 PM
I'm trying to stay out of the arena since I have my Priestess and don't need to waste ironite on other souls. I also wanna keep my precious fragment count on either 0 or 5

Mariner-1212
10-25-2017, 11:28 PM
seriously ?:o youre gettin enough frags for a second pristess=?

Farming all day on auto. 59% win rate as a result, but oh well. 284 matches since reset... and probably another 200-300 matches before reset. Beauty of having a desk job working from home \m/

Blacksteel
10-25-2017, 11:59 PM
Finally done with the event.
At 403 battles loot was:
500 priestess soul frags. avg. ~1.25 per battle, No 50x drop, 10x about 10 times.
1665 ritual soul frags, avg. ~4 per battle, got 50x drop 2 times.

thealchemist
10-26-2017, 08:28 AM
I gave up over a day ago, I got enough priestess fragments to turn it into a single precious soul (250). whoopie :rolleyes:

CanadianGoldenEagle
10-26-2017, 09:12 AM
Got no RNG luck today... brought 3x3 event souls and got zero red eyes.... this is completely demotivating. :(

I've bought and received countless rare souls during this event, both ritual and standard, but have not received a single 4* or 5* character out of any of them. Only getting some 3* characters from normal 1*-3* souls. No sign of any of the Mayan Princesses in any soul although I have battled a couple of people with Mayan Princess Warrior. Still trying to get Witch Doctor as at least he looks decent.

konstifik
10-26-2017, 09:26 AM
Wasn't that long ago that they released the Blue Valkyrie as a limited special and now you can get her from normal souls, so I'm guessing this Priestess might show up in normal souls sooner or later anyways. Plus, she doesn't seem very special, so I'm not having a go at her.

Some of the other ones look good but they will show up sooner or later, no need for me to burn ironite on ritual souls.

Iced_Earth
10-26-2017, 10:07 AM
Really? We can get the blue valk now from rare/blue or legendary souls? The witch Doctor is my goal too. He looks totally badass and i want to build a team around him. Bought nearly 30 Ritual souls and got every priestess, only missing is the gunner One.

blade685
10-26-2017, 10:23 AM
only dupes 3* and my 5th or 6th dupe rambo eddie :(
legendary soul from missions and... 5th death dog dupe :(
I stop to use ironite for that event ...

URock
10-26-2017, 11:13 AM
over 30 Ritual Souls = no new char
370 green fragments = no priestess

s... event!

PerthEddie
10-26-2017, 12:05 PM
I have absolutely no chance of getting a Priestess Soul. I just haven't had the time this week to put into the event. It is a shame really as I thought this is a good event but the drop rates for the green fragments have been against me. Also feels a bit like people are being "punished" and won't be able to get the character because they haven't been able to dedicate their life this last few days to a game. I am not moaning about it by the way - it is what it is. The thing is that players are saying to NF time and time again about how much time is needed to put into the game but they just don't seem to listen at all and keep throwing things at us to try to put even more time into it :(

satani
10-26-2017, 12:55 PM
well, i got enough green fragments to summon her today. it took me about 30 fights a day (precisely 161/202 fights this week, plus about 20 from the week prior) icluding a bought refill per day to get enough fragments. was in the top 50 at that rate and my last 30 fights were all on autoplay. Some won, some lost and i even faced enemies i usually avoid (like prisoners and green bats or assassin valkyres) and my last ritual soul gave me the missing assassin priestess. i'm done with this event. it was very time consuming, but brought me some new characters and through the new missions, i was able to claim the golden pharaoh dog. Now i'm down on ironites and trooper points and souls.
So i hope the next event (hallowed be thy game) brings us a new eddie, but please no event souls for ironite or sacrifices.

Blacksteel
10-26-2017, 01:53 PM
It would be great if @NF would put some limits on this type of event to guarantee a character at certain point, RNG can be merciless, it's bad to go thru entire consecutive lists in a row and not get a single priestess soul also
seems that there were no green 50x drops or at least I didn't get a single one on over 400 battles and to make the priestess soul drop the secondary drop was kind of a crappy move, this event was excessively time consuming, even playing from the start it almost took the whole week and I was having doubts it could be completed, that's maybe not the best experience for players after being dedicated and putting so many hours.

@NF maybe guarantee a 50x event character drop every N battles, or an extra drop for #N win streak on arena, or a lucky roll slot machine type for extra prizes when a condition is met, or set a limit so that players can get the character at certain number of battles or before if RNG favors you to i.e 300 battles guaranteed.

The way it started here it felt that 600 battles would be needed as RNG was not dropping a thing list after list and I was thinking it was either bugged or just a bad joke, then I got my first few drops, the chopper event was much better in that at least there were 50x drops on both soul fragments.

Having said that, thanks for the event.

Monte47
10-26-2017, 01:55 PM
So, ritual souls were the same as regular soul drops. Cool. Couldn’t even draw a 4* from all the ones I collected. I was a dodo and bought two or three as well. All three star normal shit weeds. Priestess is cool though.

Blacksteel
10-26-2017, 02:12 PM
Ritual souls were better to me after 40 or so I got samurai eddie, which is great because I didn't have him but strange as a few hours later I got him again (dup), what are the chances?, been playing since the game started and never drops, then 2 drop a in a few hours, RNG is broken, all in all got one eddie, two of the new priestess and a couple more 4* dups all else 3* landfill.

Tim28213
10-26-2017, 02:22 PM
I didn't get all of the new characters I wanted, but I did get some other nice characters and I'm glad I pushed through to complete the sentinel priestess (thanks for the encouragement Sparton). I admit I get frustrated with the rng at times, but it does seem to come in spells. Bad run, then a really good run. When its bad its awful, but when you hit a good rng run... its pretty sweet. For me it seems like the more I play the game the more I find the rng might actually have some balance to it. The balance isn't always there exactly when I want it to be, but the chase is what makes this kind of game fun.

Kris-0707
10-26-2017, 02:56 PM
2 cents from me. Awfull event. Drop rates of green fragments out from this world. I pushed myself to get green priestess yesterday. I was short of 20 fragments. Bought SoW refill twice, 23-24 battles gave me 15 green fragments. Seriously you guys think that's fun? Last 5 fragments got later and pulled green priestess. 4 star green priestess should be in ritual soul pool, witch doctor (5 star toon) should guaranteed from 500 green fragments, can't understand logic of that event.
Ritual souls it was complete joke. Made a mistake (again) and bought 2x10 pack, few 3 packs, had also quite few souls from fragments. I don't care that I pulled another Navigator, VHE and Shaman. I didn't want them, hate getting dupes. These 3 Eddies where only 5 stars toons I pulled from way over 40 SPECIAL EVENT souls. Got 2 or 3 blue and 1 red priestess, SSD, GCR, AOS and rest 3 stars crap which we can get from 1 star common souls.

Dank Brew
10-26-2017, 04:52 PM
I don't care that I pulled another Navigator, VHE and Shaman. I didn't want them, hate getting dupes.

Jesus, I don't have any of those 3. You ungrateful son of a... lol JK.... But not really that's some lucky pulls and your pissed about it. That's a damn good sacrifice.

IceManFerrar
10-26-2017, 06:00 PM
All in all good Event, but I’m exhausted and looking forward to going on my next break/hiatus after this week, lol.
I finally managed to pull the Priestess Soul today...186 battles so far this week, and about 160 battles in total last week. I did get one 50x Priestess fragment drop earlier in the week, but otherwise only 5s and 10s.

I got about three 50x Ritual Soul fragments, so was able to get 4 Ritual souls from Arena. Got the Magus Mayan Priestess from one of the Ritual souls, but otherwise all junk. I also wasted Ironite on 4 Ritual souls from the store, but got crap there as well.

There was a silver lining though...I got a Legendary Soul from some challenge or missions Achievements, and that got me the Witch Doctor. He looks cool, but not sure if he will be useful in the Arena.

Overall I can’t complain...fragment drops were bad and it did feel like a painful grind, but the Event was fun and I want to thank NF for all the fun October events that made me want to reinstall the game and return back temporarily from my hiatus. I couldn’t play Fear Friday, but thoroughly enjoyed the Pumpkin sacrifice one.

THANK YOU NF, Spartan, Kaz, Leviathan and team!

BonFire
10-26-2017, 08:11 PM
Well, once I got high enough, I ran into a bunch of teams that had an Endure green bat on it, followed by another team mate that has counter strike or whatever it's called. Usually a Nomad or Wrath. And the Prisoner is still broke so all my attacks went against an undying mofo of a bat. Sod it, every match I'm doing now is on auto.

Mizrael
10-26-2017, 08:22 PM
I have also pulled the blue valk and i was thinking to myself that something is not right about her. but...i smoke alot, so i wasn’t sure if my suspicion is true... :D

So that means that there is really no need for panic if we miss a character.

I agree with Kris, that the reward for such a great effort was supposed to be the Witch Doctor!!!

MrFreeze
10-26-2017, 10:45 PM
I have also pulled the blue valk and i was thinking to myself that something is not right about her. but...i smoke alot, so i wasn’t sure if my suspicion is true... :D

So that means that there is really no need for panic if we miss a character.

I agree with Kris, that the reward for such a great effort was supposed to be the Witch Doctor!!!

Yeah I gave up on it. This is the first “limited” character I’ve missed. I don’t even care. I had a rough week and getting a few happy hour beers tonight seemed like a better idea than grinding pvp. I’m trying to hold on, but I’m felling pretty burned out on all this. I don’t want to call it quits but I might need another break soon.

druid138
10-26-2017, 11:42 PM
Thanks NF for another great event! The new characters are great - very Maiden!

I ended up with exactly 1000 Ritual Frags and 680 Green Priestess Frags after 282 fights. With the SoW surplus from the Pumpkin Event, I only needed to buy one refill throughout the whole event.

Ritual Soul drops worked out well also. 15 Souls (5 from Frags + 10 from Store) gave 3 Priestesses (2 Blue, 1 Purple), a dupe Shaman, and another 4* dupe.

Looking forward to the Hallowed Event . . .

Amarthir
10-26-2017, 11:46 PM
Well looks like all we have left now is Hallowed be thy Game. Hopefully it'll be an awesome closer

BonFire
10-26-2017, 11:51 PM
Well, I either should've tried harder or the drop rate for 50 Priestess shards should've been more, because I'm ending this event with 380 and no Priestess. But I did get 14 souls out of this. A Visions dupe and 3 red Priestess' yay... I'll get Witch Doctor and Sentinel Priestess in roughly 8 months. 2 months after they make both available to everyone.