PDA

View Full Version : Mission design failure

bort
10-23-2017, 02:03 AM
So I'm plowing through the missions (which I've enjoyed, btw), and I get to this one:

Clear LoL V (Warrior) with a set of holy talismen equipped to Wicker Man Eddie.

I sold him at a point of desperation a while back and there is no way to get him back.

If you're going to have quests assigned to specific characters (something I don't have a problem with if they're under 5*), at least make it an obtainable character. Wicker Man Eddie and Holy Smokes Eddie are not obtainable, they're granted. And if you sold them, you can't get them back.

Amarthir
10-23-2017, 02:12 AM
I have that issue as well. Either they're going to have to make these characters available, or we'll have to rely on troopers that have them.

thealchemist
10-23-2017, 03:44 AM
I have wickerman eddie but still only 4* 80 at this point, but LOL V it shouldnt be too much of an issue, especially with maxed talismans. If you need him briefly as a trooper I can change to him sometime.

ShadowedLies
10-23-2017, 04:51 AM
In the same baot. Sac'd both of them way back when before I realized they were unattainable. :/

Witkacy
10-23-2017, 11:38 AM
So I'm plowing through the missions (which I've enjoyed, btw), and I get to this one:

Clear LoL V (Warrior) with a set of holy talismen equipped to Wicker Man Eddie.

I sold him at a point of desperation a while back and there is no way to get him back.

If you're going to have quests assigned to specific characters (something I don't have a problem with if they're under 5*), at least make it an obtainable character. Wicker Man Eddie and Holy Smokes Eddie are not obtainable, they're granted. And if you sold them, you can't get them back.

bort :)

Exactly my thoughts... I was wonering how to pass these quests without having specific toons... I've sold Eddie, WME, SE - the reasons why are not important - what it IS - that nobody warned me that there will be missions in the future to use them... Sure - I could be borrow some (I hope, cause last time not every missions were granted while doing them with friends' ones) but the BEST option would be that all characters be available ALL THE TIME through souls - 1* or 2* from usual ones (Eddie, WM Eddie, Soldier Eddie)... I was asking about this couple times - yet no response so far - if ever - typical... Not user friendly approach...

Next thing I encountered while doing previous missions - is to force the player to build own teams of specific class... Great idea! But how I can manage that if (for example) I am hardly getting Assassins characters?... Through over a YEAR of playing and opening DOZENS of G/A souls... I have got any (decent) assassins - 3 times! Golden Son (sold); Corrupt Ox Cultist (granted event stuff - sold); Corrupt Resuer (in possession), yet NO Eddie besides Storm one... Sure - not complaining there for real - yet I remember how HARD it was for me to clear some X LOL having OWN assassins (Storm + Golden Son at that time)... The point IS: while you set some task - set it this way to be REACHABLE for everyone...

Cheers,

W

Ian
10-23-2017, 09:47 PM
I'm not sure why anyone would sell Wickerman Eddie or sacrifice him, especially long term players who have been here long enough to see that he never gets duped from souls and is thus not replaceable.
Conversely, I find it odd that a mission would specify any single particular character, knowing how unreliable soul summoning is.

But basic Eddie, Wickerman, and Soldier aren't the worst Eddies by any means. Why get rid of them...?

Frankly if you sold them then I guess you have to live with the consequences and hopefully you think it was worth it.

But you know there are always changes somewhere along the line with this game, so hang in there guys.

bort
10-23-2017, 11:50 PM
Frankly if you sold them then I guess you have to live with the consequences and hopefully you think it was worth it.

Thats good game design principles right there - too bad if you made a mistake, its forever, and you have to live with it.

Leviathan
10-24-2017, 12:26 AM
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your feedback. If you have sold, or Sacrificed these characters in the past, please contact our support team for assistance at support@ironmaidenlegacy.com

Sag7272
10-24-2017, 12:57 AM
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your feedback. If you have sold, or Sacrificed these characters in the past, please contact our support team for assistance at support@ironmaidenlegacy.com

Message sent, sacrificed Solider Eddie a while ago in a moment of profound stupidity :/

ShadowedLies
10-24-2017, 03:12 AM
I'm not sure why anyone would sell Wickerman Eddie or sacrifice him, especially long term players who have been here long enough to see that he never gets duped from souls and is thus not replaceable.
Conversely, I find it odd that a mission would specify any single particular character, knowing how unreliable soul summoning is.

But basic Eddie, Wickerman, and Soldier aren't the worst Eddies by any means. Why get rid of them...?

But you know there are always changes somewhere along the line with this game, so hang in there guys.

It boiled down to not realizing they couldn't be pulled again once gone as I hadn't had a ton of experience pulling souls at the time, but I understand where you are coming from.

Ian
10-24-2017, 08:28 AM
Thats good game design principles right there - too bad if you made a mistake, its forever, and you have to live with it.

Yes, some great games (Mass Effect as one example) will play out very differently -irreversibly, unless you cheat - depending on your actions. Life has consequences, and the best games are often those which mimic this.

Of course I'm sure the devs will help anyone who did get rid of an irreplaceable Eddie without realising what they'd done, which is why I said 'hang in there'.

Hornetaker
10-24-2017, 01:52 PM
Wow, I thought that I have to be the only one who did this stupid mistake...

Message sent to the support team. Let's see what happens

-Hornet