PDA

View Full Version : Hallowed Be Thy Game Event - Featuring HALLOWED EDDIE!

Sparton_LOTB
10-27-2017, 12:07 AM
Hallowed Eddie has arrived in time for Halloween!

Inspired by the song Hallowed Be Thy Name, Hallowed Eddie joins the collection of Eddies as a new 5 star Gunner in Legacy of the Beast. He is a single target physical attacker which applies positive and negative effects with random durations, including Accuracy Up, Class Advantage, True Damage Shield, Regen, Invincibility, and Stun. He can also Extend Buff Duration for himself and his allies, and has a Fury which grants Perfect Immunity, Ascension, or Echo if certain negative effects are on the enemy to make him an unkillable machine!

From now until November 2nd, 5 PM PT, we’ve add a special orange-and-black Halloween Soul to celebrate Halloween and the release of Hallowed Eddie. This soul guarantees a 3 to 5 star character of any class, in addition to an increased chance of these highlight characters:

Hallowed Eddie (5 star Gunner) NEW!: A single target attacker who can provide a wide variety of potent positive and negative effects to become an unkillable machine.
The Prisoner (5 star Gunner): A single target attacker which can Stun or Seal an enemy and has a passive which can automatically inflict Passive Disabled on all enemies.
Fear of the Dark Eddie (4 star Sentinel): An all enemy negative effect caster who can guarantee inflicting certain negative effects for enemies below 50% HP.

While not everyone will immediately get such a rare and powerful character, we wanted to improve the chances for all players to capitalize on this increased chance. As such, this soul is not available for Ironite. Instead, we have added these store purchase options for this soul in the Specials tab:

Halloween Soul for 500 Iron Coins (3/event)
Halloween Soul for 2 Million Gold (3/event)
Halloween Soul for 2000 Trooper Badges (3/event)

In addition to being available in the store, every successful clear of a Brave New World floor has a chance to drop a Halloween Soul! The higher floors will have a better chance than lower floors, so we hope you refined your strategies earlier this month to snag a few more Halloween Souls.

Finally, these souls are also available from the Sacrifice feature! All sacrifices that achieve Tier IV and above have a chance of rewarding a Halloween Soul, and if you achieve a Vortex, you’re guaranteed 5 Halloween Souls in addition to normal Vortex rewards!

Hallowed Eddie is a 5 star Gunner available now in all appropriate souls, including the limited time Halloween Soul. Check out more on Hallowed Eddie in his Character Discussions forum post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9097).

Sparton_LOTB
10-27-2017, 12:10 AM
One other important point, though: If you do not see the Halloween Souls in the store, please force close and restart your game to ensure you have all of the event data.

Amarthir
10-27-2017, 12:27 AM
I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand I'm glad that there's a new Eddie and that his souls have more opportunity to get. On the other hand, they're still simply rare souls with a bit of flare. I bought 2 with gold and TP but didn't get any red eyes. Oh well, onward to the Garden of Fear floor X.

By the way

I don't see Hallowed Eddie in the Book of Souls.

Liebhild
10-27-2017, 12:44 AM
Random Random Random

BULLSHIT - this is really no fun anymore

Some invest real money in this joke! I'm not sure if this is kind of gambling is OK with the app-store ToS and with the law in several countries.

iPoop
10-27-2017, 12:54 AM
I quite like that picture. Very nice artwork!

GrimDusk
10-27-2017, 01:17 AM
I fucking sacrificed everything that I could reasonably get rid of. I got the Vortex Meter, a tier 6 sacrifice, everything. I got 8 Halloween Souls, and the fucking game gave me nothing. I hate you all. He's not even in the fucking game. I checked every soul that rewards 5 star gunners, and he's not there. Fuck you worthless devs. :mad:

Patrice-1201
10-27-2017, 01:35 AM
Gave up pretty much all
I have and after 30 Hallowed Souls nothing... why do you keep hating us!!!!

Can I also say that I did not get a resolution on all my missing rewards from two events ago when sacrifice failed. Michelle has all the screenshots...

I’m out...

JJJ428
10-27-2017, 01:47 AM
Guys really need to relax when it comes to these events. We are not even two hours in on a week long event. Just chill, spend some time this next 7 days grinding BNW get some talismans, complete some missions, and collect some more halloween souls. This game be boring if it was as easy as drop 10 souls get the super rare Eddie.

GrimDusk
10-27-2017, 01:50 AM
Guys really need to relax when it comes to these events. We are not even two hours in on a week long event. Just chill, spend some time this next 7 days grinding BNW get some talismans, complete some missions, and collect some more halloween souls. This game be boring if it was as easy as drop 10 souls get the super rare Eddie.

No. That's bullshit. The Eddie ISN'T IN GAME. All those sacrifices I made just were wasted because he wasn't actually put in.

Sparton_LOTB
10-27-2017, 01:52 AM
I don't see Hallowed Eddie in the Book of Souls.

It seems there's a visual bug with showing the additional character in the Fragments preview for the souls. Rest assured we have sanity checked souls both in our test environments and with tester accounts on the live Environment and have confirmed getting Hallowed Eddie from both the Halloween Soul and from non-Halloween Souls. We will investigate why it's not being reflected in the Fragments preview for non-Halloween Souls.

GrimDusk
10-27-2017, 01:59 AM
It seems there's a visual bug with showing the additional character in the Fragments preview for the souls. Rest assured we have sanity checked souls both in our test environments and with tester accounts on the live Environment and have confirmed getting Hallowed Eddie from both the Halloween Soul and from non-Halloween Souls. We will investigate why it's not being reflected in the Fragments preview for non-Halloween Souls.

I call bullshit. I handed in over 20 Halloween souls and got nothing but 3 stars and one FOTD Eddie.

90mphyorker
10-27-2017, 02:08 AM
I'll post my 2 cents before I trip over all the dummies spat out on the floor.

Seems like a good character but I'll wait till I get him in 6 months time. Bought 3 Halloween souls with Trooper points and no luck. Not spending 6 mill, or Iron Coins as I don't get enough a week.

Had one drop from Level X in BNW but I've had enough of BNW as quite frankly, I find level X ridiculous. Wasted so much Ironite trying to complete the Level X missions I need a break from them.

Think it's good for once this Eddie isn't a pay to earn Eddie.

Nice to have a new Eddie but Trooper Eddie please!!!

Amarthir
10-27-2017, 02:35 AM
Well after 1 gold buy, one trooper point buy I had no luck.

6 BNW runs yielded me One soul that gave me a dupe Angel of Fear

Here's the real kicker.

Did an exalted sacrifice with all the toons I could scrape together and received no Halloween souls. But I got 20 rare souls and 8 GA souls.

Guess what?

All 28 souls were 3* characters.

Thanks guys.

GrimDusk
10-27-2017, 02:36 AM
Well after 1 gold buy, one trooper point buy I had no luck.

6 BNW runs yielded me One soul that gave me a dupe Angel of Fear

Here's the real kicker.

Did an exalted sacrifice with all the toons I could scrape together and received no Halloween souls. But I got 20 rare souls and 8 GA souls.

Guess what?

All 28 souls were 3* characters.

Thanks guys.

I feel, dude. This is the shittiest soul event out of all of them.

Amarthir
10-27-2017, 02:41 AM
I feel, dude. This is the shittiest soul event out of all of them.

They've adjusted the drop rates to improve the chances of getting 4-5* characters before, dunno why they wouldn't do it on an event like this.... You can't even buy this guy, it's like everyone has a bad chance with him because you only get 9 chances and then it's either sacrifice or BNW.

By the way I love that ad for the Gunner Legendary soul. I can't possibly think of another way to spend $99

kkkreg5
10-27-2017, 02:47 AM
Just dropped 7 Halloween souls, notable drops were green bat and FOTD Eddie.

Why so vague with the drop rate of these new characters? Another question, does Hallowed Eddie drop from REGULAR Rare souls? Yes or no? Simple question...

bort
10-27-2017, 02:53 AM
Zero for thirty on Halloween souls.

*so* surprised at the sacrifice rewards, so close to a previous sacrifice event.

Good thing I held back last time - chucked everything I had in, got two single tier VI, one double VI, and a vortex.

Out of the 30 Halloween souls I got no hits on any of the featured characters. Out of the 5 or so legendary I got only 4* characters. I did manage two new 4* for myself, so it's not all bad, just incredibly disappointing.

kkkreg5
10-27-2017, 02:53 AM
By the way I love that ad for the Gunner Legendary soul. I can't possibly think of another way to spend $99

This IS bullshit! I hadn't even seen that... $99 for a 4-5* Gunner!? That's ridiculous. Let me buy Hallowed straight up for $. I'd feel better about it. At least I'd get some candy and flowers before getting f**ked....

Peppoah
10-27-2017, 02:57 AM
Why am I so stupid to get those souls immediately after the reset? I could bite my ass. It’s always the same. Wait two days and save your inventory till they fixed something. I should know better after over one year of playing. Four souls gave me a desert marauder, sol Eddie and I don’t know what other shitty three stars. I got three or four desert marauders in the last two weeks. He’s not bad, but...
Was this the event, I saved my trooper points for?
Fix the game, soon!

Kamuz24z
10-27-2017, 03:05 AM
Sparton are you sure that you guys add Hallowed Eddie no joke i got more that 60 halloween souls and nothing is really disappointing

Sparton_LOTB
10-27-2017, 03:07 AM
Another question, does Hallowed Eddie drop from REGULAR Rare souls? Yes or no? Simple question...

Any soul which can drop a 5 Star Gunner can drop Hallowed Eddie, which includes Halloween Souls, Rare Gun/Assassin Souls, etc.

Since Gunners don't drop from the normal "Rare Soul", you won't find him in there.

Sparton_LOTB
10-27-2017, 03:08 AM
Sparton are you sure that you guys add Hallowed Eddie no joke i got more that 60 halloween souls and nothing is really disappointing

We have confirmed it on multiple accounts just to be sure, yes. Keep in mind he's as rare as any other 5 Star Gunner.

IceManFerrar
10-27-2017, 03:59 AM
There is a guy named Luiska in the Arena top 25 who already has Hallowed Eddie as his Champion at Level 100, wow!

6 Halloween souls yielded me all crap, and I ain’t grinding BNW, so no big deal, this will just be another OP Eddie that I will have to figure out how to face in the Arena, lol!

Btw Kamuz, how did you get 60 Halloween souls? Wow brother, that is unbelievable!!!

Kamuz24z
10-27-2017, 04:05 AM
There is a guy named Luiska in the Arena top 25 who already has Hallowed Eddie as his Champion at Level 100, wow!

6 Halloween souls yielded me all crap, and I ain’t grinding BNW, so no big deal, this will just be another OP Eddie that I will have to figure out how to face in the Arena, lol!

Btw Kamuz, how did you get 60 Halloween souls? Wow brother, that is unbelievable!!!

I sacrificed a lot toons- I tried Nicko’ s hollowed Eddie and is not that amazing another 5 start Eddie that we will not see very often in the arena but the good news is that from those souls I finally got my Prisoner

PaquitoChep
10-27-2017, 04:06 AM
So now, all the trooper badges, ironites and gold i've been saving, would not be so useful after all with the not so old imposed restriction 1x week, i don't have more that just common souls now, not enough for a iv tier

I was waiting this event a lot, kinda disappointed for now, i like when everyone it's having good percent of chances

but not all players have characters to complete highest BNW levels

Jofer16
10-27-2017, 04:22 AM

Yeah he's in there, got him from an event soul.

IceManFerrar
10-27-2017, 04:40 AM
I sacrificed a lot toons- I tried Nicko’ s hollowed Eddie and is not that amazing another 5 start Eddie that we will not see very often in the arena but the good news is that from those souls I finally got my Prisoner

Cool man, congrats on the Prisoner pull! Not that you needed him...you are doing just fine in the Arena without him, lol!

90mphyorker
10-27-2017, 05:16 AM
Seems pretty good.

The barrels a bit weird though.

Kamuz24z
10-27-2017, 05:26 AM
Cool man, congrats on the Prisoner pull! Not that you needed him...you are doing just fine in the Arena without him, lol!

He will be mainly use Lol dungeons warrior and assasins -i have no use for him in the arena

Relany
10-27-2017, 08:30 AM
I've just opened 30 Halloween souls ... Big mistake, not even a 4* soul. I have some more 18 Halloween souls, all of them I got from Ultimate sacrifice + Vortex.
For my last opened around 150-200 rare souls I've got once or twice useless 4* characters, all rest was 3*. Something is happening with the RNG, but with so much bad luck I doubt that I'll continue to play this game. And I used to play a lot, but it's not what it used to be.

Witkacy
10-27-2017, 08:43 AM
Good mornin' gals & guys :)

Well... I've sacrificed dupe Viking, Magus COTD, fully sharded ABB, to reach VI sac and fill the vortex as the bonus... Everything gave me:

1 Legendary Soul = Assassin NBOL (not dupe!)
15 Halloween Souls = Hallowed Eddie + 14 crap things
15 G/A (rbage) souls = which produced all but garbage...
7 Skillshards

So... I'm very happy of the HE, bit less happy of wasting 15 G/A - Still no Prisoner or FOTD Eddie though (once had 3-4x such Eddies, yet sacrificed them all...)

Main task accomplished with relatively small costs paid :D

Have a nice day and so weekend everyone - happy hunting! ;)

P.S. For now I don't have enough materials to bring the guy to decent shape, yet as soon as I collect some (Sunday I believe) I might be putting him as the Champ...

Cheers,

W

UPDATE:

Sacrificing all unwanted souls -> Enough materials to level new Eddie to 100...

Plus I have got:

1 Red soul = Cultist Warden

2x Rare Souls = 2x Red Eyes! (Magus COTD - LOL and dupe CR Eddie - but still very happy!)

blade685
10-27-2017, 09:18 AM
sacrifice level 6 and only ass souls and 3 skill shard.....and useless toons

MoonShadow
10-27-2017, 09:46 AM
The Dark Ritual souls event was the most horrible event for me, as I needed to stop at the 435 frags for the Green priestess, after spending the last 20 SoW and getting only frags for the ritual souls, which gave me only 3* dupes, the single exception being a dupe Shaman. Total crappy rewards for the time and resources wasted....

Still, I've got the Warrior Priestess after opening a rare soul.

Now, after opening 9 Hallowed souls and got 2x Corrupt oxes and other 3* dupes, I think I'll might pass this one.

Overall, crappy events for this Halloween.

Shame on you NF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scott-5496
10-27-2017, 09:56 AM
Luck comes and goes for me as ever. Got nine event souls from the store and got nothing except dupe FOTD for sacrifice. It is RNG so you get what you get. I did however have a gunner rare soul and finally got the now nerfed VHE - so not all bad! LOL, I 100% knew I would get VHE after his nerf with the first GA soul I got and I was not wrong.....!

The last event was OK - a bit of a slog but got the Priestess after just under 260 battles over the event period - no 50 drops for her but got 2 for the souls. In the end I ended up with Sentinel Priestess, Gunner Priestess and the Warrior Priestess and that was my lot - not too bad though would have liked the Dr!.

I am fine with it to be honest and the grinding of PVP and the win/win sort of scenario on wins and loses meant I did lots of messing about with my attack team which was actually quite good to do...now to play with my new VHE as I just got him last night!

ShadowedLies
10-27-2017, 10:23 AM
My only real issue with this is the unreliability of BNW's stability. Get real sick of spending ironite of SoT refills only to have the game close itself when almost killing the Dragon King multiple times. Oh well.

Kris-0707
10-27-2017, 10:31 AM
Bought all available souls from the store and got only 3 stars crap.
Oak, I did some sacrifices: VI, 3xV, 2xIV.
0 new souls, 18 G/A, 18 rare, 6 red, 2 blue and pulled from these souls ONLY 3 stars crap. No comment, I'm loosing the faith.
For me this is another disappointing event. Why (again) we have to face with bloody chances?
Buy soul to have a chance of getting 3-5* toon with a very tiny chance of pulling new event character.
WTF? Do you really don't understand that this is a mobile phone game and not everyone have a time to sit all day with a phone in his hand and grind ridiculous BNW to (again) have a chance to get the soul with a chance (blah blah blah - see above).
I said that so many times: give us something guaranteed, fix the game, make it fun to play or remove 'Iron Maiden' from the title of that game and 90% of players will be gone.

satani
10-27-2017, 10:33 AM
well, at least it's not an event where those ironite buyers could have an advantage. I was lucky to have some 4 & 5* characters leftover from the pumpkin event, so i did some IV to VI sacrifices (one drop with helloween souls, rest only regular rewards) and got the vortex on all 3 devices.
Result:
all helloween souls ~25 souls: nothing! All 3* dupes.
some regular and class rare souls: 1 blue valkyre the rest dupes. (including some priestess)
G/A souls and legendarys: prisoner for my mobile (not bad), Gunner Valkyre for my main account, but that's it.
No new Eddie.

So farming the gardens eh? Higher levels equals more SoT cost plus no autofarmong plus requiring ironite for refills. Clever.

I've tried my fair share on levels IV to VI autoplay but no drops there. So i'll just pass this eddie.
Stat-wise, he seems ok, but he can't compete to a rainmaker or vhe.

URock
10-27-2017, 11:20 AM
...and here comes the next s... event...

I can only laugh about this game. Nice art and music (only 4 Maiden fans), but nothing more. It#s all about RNG:

RNG what you get of souls
RNG what you get as rewards
RNG what level you reach in PVP

The good thing is: I never spend any money in this RNG-madness

The bad thing: the game is boring more and more

DaveMurray
10-27-2017, 11:41 AM
3* dupes as always, not that i care lately because 99% of the toons and Eddies are useless anyways.
Nice looking Eddie for the bench.

Witkacy
10-27-2017, 11:49 AM
...and here comes the next s... event...

I can only laugh about this game. Nice art and music (only 4 Maiden fans), but nothing more. It#s all about RNG:

RNG what you get of souls
RNG what you get as rewards
RNG what level you reach in PVP

URock :)

You've forgotten:

RNG what skill of your toon you're upgrading

Yet surprisingly... You NEVER met RNG as it goes for shop prices ;)

In other words: They are wanting us the players to rely on the luck, while themselves not leaving anything to coincidence...

Cheers,

W

P.S. Tested a bit the new Eddie - I like him (looks kinda monk-ish to me), yet as for his fury - single target one - seems to be mistake...

Fakos13
10-27-2017, 12:21 PM
I made the same mistake like the most.
Around 25 Hall Souls, 17 Gunner Souls and 2 Leg souls and no Hall Eddie .... I got the gunner hellraiser and the assasin trickster
Anyway, i hope i get the new Eddie because i need the barel for Whiskey!!!

Have fun all.

Kris-0707
10-27-2017, 12:23 PM
In other words: They are wanting us the players to rely on the luck..

I would say that they want us to visit the store and buy rng products for insane prices more often.
£99.99 for 1 event soul where you're not sure if you get new Eddie is just crazy.
I wonder if anyone is still buying pixels for real cash in this "game".

blade685
10-27-2017, 01:23 PM
with:

only useless toons for me :(
I want the new eddie and PRISONER! :)

prin666team
10-27-2017, 01:27 PM
Has anyone gotten a soul from bnw?
What floors do you usually fall on?

PerthEddie
10-27-2017, 01:59 PM
Has anyone gotten a soul from bnw?
What floors do you usually fall on?

Only played BNW once today. Got a Soul from the L10 GoF I did. May as well not have bothered. Took me about 15 minutes to do and I got Possessed Rockets from it :(

Demnity
10-27-2017, 02:01 PM
Lately these events aint that bad for me ... 4 5* in a month ?? i'm so hyped.

Blacksteel
10-27-2017, 02:37 PM
No I haven't got any halloween souls from BNW, but I 've got enough freezes so that up to half (on some dungeons) of tier IX-X battles can't be finished because of this.
I have completed a few of the lower tier and no souls have dropped so far.

Did tier VII sacrifice got 20 SS 2 Legendaries and Zero halloween :(,
Tier VI resulted in 10 halloween souls, 10 G/A 2 Legendary .
So far opened 10 halloween got nothing.

@NF Thanks for the event but I wonder why you push the major event on BNW when it is unstable and soul drop on the more stable levels is low, why you don't implement a refund mechanism for ironite lost because of the freeze bugs?, else it can feel like a ripoff, so far many have lost thousands in ironite because of this since BNW launch, yes you did an special 24 hour of free BNW once (on a dungeon of your selection) which was kinda nice, thanks, but if you really cared for some balance because of the bugs you haven't fixed yet probably some free hours during this event would help or maybe the refund of bug lost ironite would help too, how do you expect to profit if you keep making players feel like is not worth the investment.

Witkacy
10-27-2017, 03:57 PM
No I haven't got any halloween souls from BNW, but I 've got freezes, I can't finish half of tier IX-X battles because of this and it can freeze in the middle or more likely at the boss fight.
I have completed a few lower tier and no souls have dropped so far.

Did tier VII sacrifice got 20 SS 2 Legendaries and Zero halloween :(,
Tier VI resulted in 10 halloween souls, 10 G/A 2 Legendary .
So far opened 10 halloween got nothing.

@NF Why you push the major event on BNW when it is unstable and soul drop on the more stable levels is low, why you don't implement a refund mechanism for ironite lost because of the freeze bugs?, else feels like a ripoff, so far many have lost thousands in ironite because of this since BNW launch, yes you did an special 24 hour of free BNW once (on a dungeon of your selection) which was kinda nice, thanks, but if you really cared for some balance because of the bugs you haven't fixed yet probably some free hours during this event would help or maybe the refund of bug lost ironite would help too, how do you expect to profit if you keep making players feel like is not worth the investment.

Blacksteel :)

It's pretty simple why they launch all big ''events'' (sales) out there = because of the enormous costs of play -> which causes A LOT of refills the Sands Of Time with real cash; while there are so many bugs, freezes and all the stuff happening - it's even BETTER -> more potential refills on the horizon (read: more spending money)...

I am NOT surprised at all that I HAVE TO play the very last levels - the harder the better, just for the ''chance'' of winning soul and then have another ''chance'' of winning the character... But along the way I need some ''chances'' that the game won't crash/freeze/or restart itself at the least wanted moment (like today's night while playing Secret Location and suddenely got info ''New data available... Please restart'' or something like that... Of course I didn't have to restart - the game did it on its own - causing me a LOSS of everything: lets say vauable loot, wasting SoT, failing to give Trooper Points to a friends and not being able to repeat - sure thing the game ''remembers'' that I used this trooper... All this annoys me to the maximum, thanks NF!!!)

While I could be sumed up all my fears and one chances to be present while others at all - pretty much is NOT depending on myself, my style of playing, experience, etc, but simply of ''spin the wheel'' and it could be (very likely) that at the end I will loose the hell lot of ironities on refills SOTs, even more on possible reviving and still get nothing but waste time and so my nerves... So... I WON'T be trying to chase Halloween Souls at Brave New World...

NF, you should at least have guaranteed dropping 4* characters out of these ones while being so expensive and hard to get...
Tried another two (bought of trooper points - sure thing - 3* ''invaders'' - not even gunners or assassins - simple Sentinels - I could buy a LOT MORE CHEAPER!!!...
That's why not wish to try and participate with this so called ''event'' any further - sure thing I could be go and try to catch FOTD or HIM while you devs would provide a fair chances to get mentioned characters...

Cheers,

W

kkkreg5
10-27-2017, 04:25 PM
Got 5 Halloween and 3 Legendary souls from vortex fill... Afraid to drop them...

Patrice-1201
10-27-2017, 04:44 PM
2 refills of BNW Garden of Fear X and 0 Hallowed Soul.. sacrifices all my roster except essentials. 50 Hallowed Souls but... No Hallowed Eddie... 😡

Nicko
10-27-2017, 05:03 PM
I got my Hallowed Eddie from a G/A soul - not an event soul.

But several of my Troopers have him so he IS dropping.

These rare toons can be tough. It took some like Carlos, Kamuz, and GMAC - guys who play more than most and get lots of G/A souls from outstanding PvP performance - a year until the Gimp dropped.

Toons will ultimately find you. But it can take a long, long time. Expectations rise during these events because they say “increased chance” - but they’re still 5* toons and not easy to get.

Amarthir
10-27-2017, 05:07 PM
To be honest I refuse to play their ironite games when they happen. I don't buy souls or talisman packs from the store and instead I save my ironite for things like grinding events. For example, right now I'm sitting at roughly 1000 ironite just from saving it. I learned that lessen in the Immortal Souls event because when I started, I only had enough for 1 soul giving me Visions Eddie. I spent $20 on more ironite and got Viking Eddie from my 2nd soul. After that I decided that I wanted to be ready when they did another "Immortal" type event. But unfortunately that was it for events based on good characters.

I refuse to let them have more of my money and so far I've been doing well. Haven't spend a dime since then and won't in the future. After all, despite the popular claim, you don't HAVE to pay to win. You just have to be smart with your ironite.

Anyways, I'm having a tough time wanting to get back in the game because it feels like the RNG is worse than it should be. I mean, how often do you go through 20-60 rare souls of varying kinds and only receive 3* characters? I've been reading your comments and even though RNG was never that great to begin with, I've never seen it this bad before.

This event is truly solely based on luck alone. And I've seen some people who already have him and congratulations to them. And while the event itself is a nice change from just a "buy 20 souls with ironite and he's yours" event, the drop rates in BNW are horrendous. I wasn't expecting to receive a soul every time I finish. But I would at least have hoped to see more than one soul every other refill.

I think the absolute worst part about this, is the fact that it's just a spiced up Rare Soul. Something this rare and this hard to get should give out something more interesting than another Dog of War.

Fakos13
10-27-2017, 05:08 PM
Here is the barrel!! Finally3887

Amarthir
10-27-2017, 05:11 PM
Toons will ultimately find you. But it can take a long, long time. Expectations rise during these events because they say “increased chance” - but they’re still 5* toons and not easy to get.

However, Nicko does have a point. This Eddie will be exactly as hard to get as say, Cyborg Eddie, or Aces High Eddie. I don't see him on my roster any time soon if I don't see him within the next week. I just wish that Halloween souls were a little more valuable.

druid138
10-27-2017, 05:17 PM
As one data point, I've played 44 runs of BNW GoL (split between Floors V and VI) for 4 Halloween Soul drops. If you do the math, that works out to about 60 Ironite (for SoT refills) per Soul.

Bradata
10-27-2017, 05:19 PM
Played Garden of Fear lvl10 maybe 20-25 times one damn soul, went to Garden of Fear lvl9 and played for 9-10 times again only one soul but lucky for me it was the wanted Eddie. Shouldn't have wasted 20 Skill Shards on him right a way but as history shows, he will get buffed eventually after no one uses him in the near future ;)
Just trying to tell you guys that you aren't missing a lot not having him in your rosters :)

LandCrusher70
10-27-2017, 05:28 PM

Yeah, I was also surprised to see he had him so fast!
I’m really not impressed with HBTN Eddie. A few of my troopers now have him.
...and after spending ironite, gold, and iron coins, and tier IV+ sacrifices for Event Souls, and dropping nothing but 3* characters, I’m not putting anymore time into this.

Dank Brew
10-27-2017, 05:28 PM
Well then, 6k TP and gold gone for some POS 3* dupes. Gee, Thanks. When the banner first popped up I swear it said guaranteed 4-5* but of course that wasn't the case. I know for a fact I read that, but now I can't find it. I seriously wouldn't have wasted my resources if I hadn't saw that.

If I hadn't recently got prisoner and allied general I would have blew the F up in here today.

Do us a favor and stop saying "Increased chances" cause they are not. They never are, and they never will be.

Dank Brew
10-27-2017, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I was also surprised to see he had him so fast!
I’m really not impressed with HBTN Eddie. A few of my troopers now have him.
...and after spending ironite, gold, and iron coins, and tier IV+ sacrifices for Event Souls, and dropping nothing but 3* characters, I’m not putting anymore time into this.

They're seriously just trying to drain all of our resources for nothing. Nothing to show unless you're the 1/100 who gets him.

Can't even get a fucking tier IV cause it just gives out 3* characters. WTF

LandCrusher70
10-27-2017, 05:33 PM
I’ve never had much luck with “Eddie” events anyway.
Starting with last Halloween’s event (which was cool with the special level), I’ve only dropped Mystic Eddie.

Dank Brew
10-27-2017, 05:34 PM
I won't be wasting any time or effort on this one. BNW takes too long even at low levels. It's more work than fun at this point. Back to the usual grinding of powerslave to try and save gold again... -_-

Dank Brew
10-27-2017, 05:36 PM
I’ve never had much luck with “Eddie” events anyway.
Starting with last Halloween’s event (which was cool with the special level), I’ve only dropped Mystic Eddie.

Same here, Mystic was the only event Eddie I ever got. I've never used him once though... I've always wanted warriors, but only ever got RTTHs whom I finally started using a few days ago. And he is badass when used right.

LandCrusher70
10-27-2017, 05:36 PM
Can't even get a fucking tier IV cause it just gives out 3* characters. WTF
Yeah, I’ve exhausted tier IV characters I want to sacrifice and nothing dropping worth a IV.

DIEDD
10-27-2017, 06:17 PM
Why not allow these "halloween" souls to be obtained through this FOTD level? Why not take advantage of that idea?
I think this would have been much more appropriate than that expensive and bugged BNW.
It would have been a great idea in my opinion...

Amarthir
10-27-2017, 06:34 PM
So after losing on floor X and then having the game freeze on the second try, I decided to jump down to the lower floors. Turns out there's an absolute massive difference between 9 and 10. The talisman bonus that all the opponents get is drastically raised on X where IX is almost reasonably scaled. Also, there's that accuracy buff that they have too that makes completing it take about 15 minutes for me.

But on the 9th floor it took me about 10 minutes less. So two floors that cost the same and have a minimal difference in the soul drop rates, one can be finished in over half the time as the other one.

I think that IX is the best floor for grinding.

ian16
10-27-2017, 07:55 PM
Hi bros , this month for me :

+- 25 Ritual souls = The Witch Doctor , The Prisoner , Magus/Warrior Priestess
+- 40 Hall. 10 Leg. 20 G/A (sacrifice everything , 2 vortex 5+ Tier VI sac ) = HE , VHE , G Valkyrie

Aside 25+ SS

how much less expectation, more good surprises

Cheers .

Mariner-1212
10-27-2017, 07:59 PM
I've resided to farming GoF IV.

Really fast. Bring any Trooper with you, Eddie or otherwise. 10 SOT vs 15. In a full hour of farming, I pull about 1 Halloween soul, no matter if I'm farming IX or IV.

I'd imagine the GoL and GoD are yielding similar results, but can't confirm.

Mariner-1212
10-27-2017, 08:01 PM
Hi bros , this month for me :

+- 25 Ritual souls = The Witch Doctor , The Prisoner , Magus/Warrior Priestess
+- 40 Hall. 10 Leg. 20 G/A (sacrifice everything , 2 vortex 5+ Tier VI sac ) = HE , VHE , G Valkyrie

Aside 25+ SS

how much less expectation, more good surprises

Cheers .

Since you posed it as a question, I'll confirm - Yes, you have the best luck ever. Nice pulls! \m/

Kris-0707
10-27-2017, 08:05 PM
Blimey, I just did 3 x GoF X and got no talismans, no souls ...

They should to increase drop chances and remove SoT requirement on all BNW lvl's until the end of the event to compensate angriness and frustration of all of us.

EddieCarva
10-27-2017, 08:12 PM
After a level VII sacrifice i got this.

Just throwed every damn soul at the same time in the book of souls.

MetalKing
10-27-2017, 08:26 PM
5 hall souls, 1 duplicate 4star chopper.
Will update pulls when more souls earned.
@ian16-with your luck can you buy me a lottery ticket?

Dank Brew
10-27-2017, 08:45 PM

Definitely your lucky day lol. With this event it is either get it all or nothing apparently.

blade685
10-27-2017, 09:13 PM
3 try on brave new world level 10 for 15 sand of time X3 and 0 Halloween souls... wtf there is souls on high level no???
and only shit with Halloween souls was buying
Halloween souls are only on brave new world and sacrifice no??

Tim28213
10-27-2017, 09:24 PM
I've gotten 2 souls off of level 8 BNW. I can almost but not quite farm Level X so I have run level 8 a few times today between meetings. Nothing spectacular from the Halloween souls yet, but I'm hopeful and there are many days left to farm and try!

Digitalblaze
10-28-2017, 01:08 AM
ive been farming lvs 8-10 in garden of fear have spent over 400 ironite in refills since event started had 1 wipe only on lvl 10 so far n have got 4 souls i burnt them all 3* so yea drop rate is beyond piss poor

Jofer16
10-28-2017, 04:20 AM
However, Nicko does have a point. This Eddie will be exactly as hard to get as say, Cyborg Eddie, or Aces High Eddie. I don't see him on my roster any time soon if I don't see him within the next week. I just wish that Halloween souls were a little more valuable.

Nah not really, those Eddies never had increased chance souls.

Jofer16
10-28-2017, 04:26 AM
I won't be wasting any time or effort on this one. BNW takes too long even at low levels. It's more work than fun at this point. Back to the usual grinding of powerslave to try and save gold again... -_-

Agreed. If I didn't score him from an event soul I wouldn't bother. BNW is one of the least fun game modes I've ever played. Painfully boring with zero creativity with mechanics. I asked for difficult raid style bosses months ago and Kaz eluded to these battles as a tease. Epic fail in implementing it.

LandCrusher70
10-28-2017, 05:14 AM

Wow! Insane drop!
Congrats on that one!

Ancient Mariner
10-28-2017, 12:22 PM
Ok i had fun summoning a lot of rare/special souls i kept storing in these last weeks, waiting for the event:

got several good characters, included 5* like Pharaoh Eddie and Prisoner and other 4* chars (all dupes for me anyways).
Then i sacrificed all of these characters and i had other packs of skillshards and Halloween souls (too bad none of them gave me the new Eddie but whatever).

The point is: now that i finished having fun with all of this, now i feel like the game is over. Got nothing new to do now that i finished all of my souls...

What i want to say, is that we need new events which introduce new worlds to fight, or better still, finally open the Nightcity..something like this, and not just new souls events, because in the end the real fun of this game is to fight new stages and new enemies (better if also ew Bosses). Otherwise, once you finish with the hunt to the new souls, you go back to the same old stuff and i'm personally tired of playing the same worlds..no fun anymore :/

blade685
10-28-2017, 12:55 PM
the only Halloween souls was the 9 on market and only shit characters with it
Sacrifice level 6 = 0 Souls (we don't have 50 eddies 5* to do many high sacrifice dev...)
10-15 try on brave new world life and fear level 3 to 10 and 0 Halloween souls... wtf ...
Halloween souls are only on brave new world and sacrifice no??
I will never loot Halloween eddie and prisoner , it' s true with that rng, wake up dev and test the events before :mad:

Tridimensionale
10-28-2017, 02:47 PM
About 22 event souls open gives me Hallowed Eddie, another Prisoner (LOL) & Fotd Eddie (dupe)..
So yeah the chance of pulling them is way higher than regular souls... of course it s all about rng so luck always matters

Anyway it s been a great month for me with all these events and many of the "old players" are coming back even if only in casual mode ---> that s a good thing

blade685
10-28-2017, 03:07 PM
About 22 event souls open gives me Hallowed Eddie, another Prisoner (LOL) & Fotd Eddie (dupe)..
So yeah the chance of pulling them is way higher than regular souls... of course it s all about rng so luck always matters

Anyway it s been a great month for me with all these events and many of the "old players" are coming back even if only in casual mode ---> that s a good thing
Good event for you but for many of us it s a totally shit event for now :) ( when a player open 60 souls with only crap and you 22 with the best loot there is a problem )
22 souls from sacrifice?
I did another fear X and 0 souls again...

Tridimensionale
10-28-2017, 03:15 PM
Good event for you but for many of us it s a totally shit event for now :)
22 souls from sacrifice?
I did another fear X and 0 souls again...

Yep mostly from a 6 tier sacrifice & a vortex fill + few of them from the shop.. i have to agree with you guys that the drop chance from BNW is ridicolously low.. i got only one soul from 15 run in garden of life VII

Amarthir
10-28-2017, 03:34 PM
I was working all day yesterday and acquired hundreds of runes of varying degrees. Dozens of rounds in Brave New World mostly in the upper dungeons and I didn't get a single soul from any of them at all. I bought one yesterday from trooper points and surprise it was a 3* dupe.

blade685
10-28-2017, 03:51 PM
Yep mostly from a 6 tier sacrifice & a vortex fill + few of them from the shop.. i have to agree with you guys that the drop chance from BNW is ridicolously low.. i got only one soul from 15 run in garden of life VII

sure one run at level X must give one soul for the effort
one more test at level X fear and... maclo error with 15 sands and time lost ^^

Witkacy
10-28-2017, 04:34 PM
Good evening gals & guys...

So there will be a slightly update of an event... I did another one sacrifice ((2 fully sharded toons + 1 dupe Eddie + another GOOD toons)... The result was:

15 G/A (rbage) souls - no need to comment here...
20 Rare Souls (have NO gold to open them up and somehow I don't wish to...)
0 (ZERO, NULL) HALLOWEEN SOULS!!! If I would get those for money I would immediately demanded to get them back!!!
Sure thing no one forced me to do this what I've done but still... YOU, Devs are the ones who play very very dirty - you tease people - say one thing and do another one... SIMPLY CHEAT!!!

https://preview.ibb.co/hBcdQm/Screenshot_2017_10_27_02_10_47.png (https://ibb.co/mnfbBR)

So I dare to ask you, devs how this is stands with the info that you have put as ad of the event?

Let's look at the tems of the event:

1. Earn Halloween Souls from Sacrifice... (NOT a single word of ''chances'' - so I take it as ''granted'' above certain level)... So I did another one, NOT a small one - Tier VI... I guess it's enough because my first event sacrifice was also Tier VI and I WAS GIVEN 15 souls, now not a single one... Why?!?!?
2. The time of an event is ALSO CORRECT - so... Where the hell are my Helloween souls?!?!?!?!

3. About getting them from BNW - simply WASTE of time and so ironities = NO DROPS AT ALL...

The results of opening them may be quite different story - but even not had the chance to try... This is not even a gamble, but ordinary vulgar rip-off!!! That would be all... Now just to fed up with the ''events'' and so the game... Just not cool to be f--ked like that...

Cheers,

W

slauki
10-28-2017, 05:09 PM
here are my drops from 136 runs level 8 GOL:

i'm farming more for immunity and like the the extra value from these souls but these talismans hardly ever drop. that's really bad for such crucial talismans, the droprates should be much better (and the % were increased a few updates ago...LOL). souldrops are kinda okayish 22 souls gave me 3 4* so on the low end but still okay for me...

but BNW isn't fun at all. it takes too long, it's too expensive and the drops are still crapish, wasted feature for me...cannot see a reason to farm it after i get enough immunity talis. really unfortunate after 1 year of development...

blade685
10-28-2017, 05:45 PM
sure one run at level X must give one soul for the effort
one more test at level X fear and... maclo error with 15 sands and time lost ^^
new level X another maclo at the end and another 15 sands lost, end of that shit brave new world bugged feature for me!
All players i know in real life have leave the game, i'm the last :(
One day you can give us back all lost sands of time lost after maclo error or never...?
update after update always many problems after more than one year it's very very frustrating

Nicko
10-28-2017, 08:41 PM
here are my drops from 136 runs level 8 GOL:

i'm farming more for immunity and like the the extra value from these souls but these talismans hardly ever drop. that's really bad for such crucial talismans, the droprates should be much better (and the % were increased a few updates ago...LOL). souldrops are kinda okayish 22 souls gave me 3 4* so on the low end but still okay for me...

but BNW isn't fun at all. it takes too long, it's too expensive and the drops are still crapish, wasted feature for me...cannot see a reason to farm it after i get enough immunity talis. really unfortunate after 1 year of development...

This chart says it all. BNW is a waste of time - thanks for posting this. Not that we didn’t know it from experience, but nothing beats having some data

Patrice-1201
10-28-2017, 10:45 PM
Why call this a mega event when we cannot even get the soul through BNW. Honestly you should extend it and re adjust the drop rates this is such a disappointing end to a great month... we are whistling so much time and ironite on bnw for nothing... I am seeing the end of this game for me...

Ezz
10-28-2017, 11:00 PM
This chart says it all. BNW is a waste of time - thanks for posting this. Not that we didn’t know it from experience, but nothing beats having some data

Agree- sadly bnw is the worst part of the game. It’s a real chore and the drop rates are abysmal. I probably played several hundred rounds of each world trying to assemble some meaningful tali sets but I was never able to get anything. Not even going to bother trying for these souls.

GrimDusk
10-29-2017, 12:11 AM
Oh come on, let's all be honest with ourselves. Fuck the devs. They're greedy, scummy, slimy programmers who love to tear money, time, and sanity away. This is a shit idea for an event. What's the correlation between BNW and Hallowed Be Thy Name? Why not add a new set of levels like you did with FOTD Eddie last year? No, instead make the most difficult fucking thing ever made in this bullshit game the only way to farm for these dumb "Halloween Souls." 2 Mil gold is just fucking dumb, 500 Iron Coins is a complete waste, and 2000 Trooper Points is the only useful way to get it. Fuck you cheating scumbags. Not only that, but Hallowed Eddie is essentially Mystic Eddie with some different balance ideas. So they made another Eddie that's unkillable when paired with certain characters. Nice. Fuck you guys, I hope that this app fails or someone better takes it up.

slauki
10-29-2017, 04:46 AM
Oh come on, let's all be honest with ourselves...

what a lovely sweetheart you are

*hugs*

MrFreeze
10-29-2017, 01:37 PM

Yeah it’s a shame. I’ve only been playing it again to complete the missions. Otherwise I don’t even waste my SoT on it. Hopefully they don’t do the same thing to night city and silent planet.

blade685
10-29-2017, 02:18 PM
1 halloween soul with a shit 3* after 15 BNW ridiculous ^^

Ancient Mariner
10-29-2017, 03:00 PM
1 halloween soul with a shit 3* after 15 BNW ridiculous ^^

dude i lost count of how many similar posts i've seen from you... ok, your disappointment is pretty clear!

LandCrusher70
10-29-2017, 03:11 PM
Why not add a new set of levels like you did with FOTD Eddie last year?
I thought the “Event” level last year was a great idea and figured it would be a regular feature for events. I believe that was the first and last time for that.

Was that pre NF? I don’t recall when they stepped into the picture.

blade685
10-29-2017, 03:51 PM
f k f k f k, my 2 nd halloween soul today i see red color for perhaps finally my Prisoner or new eddie!!! and ... another f kin dupe death dog like yesterday seriously pffff :mad:
I looted my first death dog only after 9 month and now always it's my 7 or 8th , f kn shit dupe system grrr
i'm totally bored with that shit event and loot system :(
I will play to the end of the year and see if i continue to lose time in that game

bort
10-29-2017, 04:13 PM
I didn't even want Hallowed Eddie. I didn't remotely expect to get him - after all, I had well over 50 mystic souls and miffed on Mystic Eddie, so I figure why get my hopes up.

What I wanted was a Prisoner. My count so far is 31 Hallowed souls, ~60 G/A souls, and maybe 3-5 legendary souls. Nada. Not a single 5* in the lot of them (reinforcing my opinion of legendary souls being worthless; i'm on about a 15-20 streak of 4* out of them).

I did finally get a GCR though, so it is somewhat of a consolation.

iPoop
10-29-2017, 05:46 PM
f k f k f k, my 2 nd halloween soul today i see red color for perhaps finally my Prisoner or new eddie!!! and ... another f kin dupe death dog like yesterday seriously pffff :mad:
I looted my first death dog only after 9 month and now always it's my 7 or 8th , f kn shit dupe system grrr
i'm totally bored with that shit event and loot system :(
I will play to the end of the year and see if i continue to lose time in that game

I recommend the end of the month Blade :cool:

Kris-0707
10-29-2017, 05:58 PM
Pic below shows how exactly rip off event looks like. I did over 20 GoF lvl 9 and quite few before started to take screenshots, all on auto
"rewards": just 2 souls which gave me 2 x *** toons and just 1 talisman.

prin666team
10-29-2017, 06:05 PM
Tier 6 = 2 Frags 1 legend 5 g/a and 0 halloween
Legend = nbol red
5 g/a = cyborg

blade685
10-29-2017, 06:57 PM
and always no news of nodding frog lol

blade685
10-29-2017, 06:58 PM
I recommend the end of the month Blade :cool:i'm only playing for troopers and missions for now :cool:

prin666team
10-29-2017, 07:08 PM
Full vortex
20 g/a = Valkirie yelow + gs yelow
5 halloween souls = bat blue

All day gol X and gof X +/- 25 battles = 0 souls

blade685
10-29-2017, 07:13 PM
Full vortex
20 g/a = Valkirie yelow + gs yelow
5 halloween souls = bat blue

All day gol X and gof X +/- 25 battles = 0 souls

so bad for you too....

mikmar
10-29-2017, 09:15 PM
Hey guys,
I'm trying to complete Garden of dismay mission X with strike talismans.
I'm trying to do that to gain halloween souls and to do the mission at the same time, but it's almost impossible !!!!
They raised the difficulty too high !!!!
All my chars are maxed (Navigator Eddie, Gream Reaper Eddie, Pharaoh Eddie, Gunner Pharaoh Dog, Gunner Dog and Wrath).

Edit:

And I'm trying with maxed Witch Doctor instead of Wrath, BUT HIS PASSIVE SKILL DOESN'T WORK AGAINST STUN !!!

And finally, as you see below the game is frozen and without buttons !!!!

It's crazy !!!!

T-Man
10-29-2017, 10:21 PM
Hey guys,
I'm trying to complete Garden of dismay mission X with strike talismans.
I'm trying to do that to gain halloween souls and to do the mission at the same time, but it's almost impossible !!!!
They raised the difficulty too high !!!!
All my chars are maxed (Navigator Eddie, Gream Reaper Eddie, Pharaoh Eddie, Gunner Pharaoh Dog, Gunner Dog and Wrath).

Edit:

And I'm trying with maxed Witch Doctor instead of Wrath, BUT HIS PASSIVE SKILL DOESN'T WORK AGAINST STUN !!!

And finally, as you see below the game is frozen and without buttons !!!!

It's crazy !!!!

I've had this exact same thing happen to me 3-4 times doing the missions. Also had the game freeze on the boss. 15 minutes down the drain!

I honestly can't stand playing BnW. Its broken! It's not worth farming for Halloween souls as the soul drops are extremely rare. Talisman too for that matter. Countless SoT lost playing BNW.

As far as beating it, there are guides in that section of the forum. It does appear harder after the update.

Digitalblaze
10-29-2017, 10:37 PM
So Spartan i think yous need to rename this game either legacy of the shitfest or more appropriately legacy of the pokemon
cause its just become a nonstop shitfest to "catch them all" even my young children relate thia game to Pokemon & thats bloody sad mate. And Spartan riddle me this mofo whats the % drop on these holloween souls? from lvl 1 to 10? because as your player base is showing you first hand data mined info its realistically piss all of a percent yea?
and dude where the hell are the meteor n rage tailsmans? cause i only play G.O.F
and they are absolutely non existent (not like i want them) but the tool tip states drops from 9-10 well mate you take 1000 plus ironite you try farm it.... ive said before n ill say it again yous are nothing but thieves

Amarthir
10-29-2017, 11:40 PM
Got 2 Halloween souls from Brave New World today. One was Magus Golden Son, other was an Allied Soldier.

I don't know what more heartbreaking. Not getting red eyes after finally getting a soul, or getting red eyes and having it be someone else.

Tim28213
10-30-2017, 01:23 PM
This has actually been a really good month for events and souls for me. I only started playing in May and don't have "everything" already. The events have spanned different areas of the game world and rewarded me for doing things I would have likely done anyway. BNW is hard for me, I've been happy with the event because I always hated spending 15 SoT farming evolution runes so I could upgrade talismans. This week I've farmed enough I won't "have to" for a while. I've also gotten 4 Halloween souls for my efforts. 1 turned red and was a character I didn't have, not Eddie, but still cool. It crashed a couple times, I got frustrated, but overall I'm still ahead on content.

Ironically I've learned a lot about the game this month trying to keep up with the events. I can see where some of this might get tedious for the true game veterans, but I have been pushed to change things up in the arena and I finally understand the sacrifice feature fully after the pumpkin event. Because of the event I've tried new strategies in BNW and finally beat Dismay X (that has eluded me too long!).

I have not gotten everything I wanted from any of the events, but I have gotten a couple of new items and farmed a lot of content that has helped me upgrade my existing favorites into much better shape. And I'm less of a newb. I can understand some of the frustration I'm reading on this post, but at the same time I've personally learned a lot and gotten a lot of positive out of the events this month. Crash fixes and improvements would be nice, but generally speaking the events themselves have been really good for me this month.

Nekroliun
10-30-2017, 05:24 PM
And said:

"C'mere little kid i got somethin for ya!"

And i was like: "ok"

And he was like: "u gimme 2 mill gold, and i give you a sweet new shiny orange soul! You'll get a chance to get the sweet hallowed eddie!"

And i was like: "hallowed eddie? Fuck yea!"

Then i gave him my money, and now im broke. I have 54k gold...

Plz... help me guys, so we can bring this man to justice! Such people that take advantage of the weak minded disgust me!

I dont really remember what he was called but i read the letters NG on his suit. If that helps...

Witkacy
10-30-2017, 06:05 PM

15 G/A (rbage) souls - no need to comment here...
20 Rare Souls (have NO gold to open them up and somehow I don't wish to...)

Good evening gals & guys...

Small update:

Those 20 Rare souls - 4**** x1 - which appeared dupe of course - so all tier 6 sacrifice USELESS... No ANY new characters, no halloween souls... I guess I am done with sacrificing for good... Was tempted to throw everything to the hole and end the adventure with LOTB... Well... Not yet, though much disappointed and (again) not willing to play far too much...

Ironically - many big thanks to LOTB team - thanks to them I've discovered a new game which I never suppose I start playing and having fun - Angry Birds Evolution LOL... First task was to get Eddie bird - I've done that pretty fast & easy - with no huge amount of money spent... I've got some decent toons during ''The Most Metal Halloween Ever'' - overall I have the feeling that being better rewarding for the efforts... Something hardly known here... So now I share my time between LOTB and AB... LOTB playing just of habbit, AB playing for fun :)

If any of folks from here playing ''birdies'' as well - my nick there is exactly the same as here...

Have a nice evening everybody :)

Cheers,

W

blade685
10-30-2017, 06:16 PM
a new soul today and... a shit 3* toon, the best event since the beginning of the game ;)
and Halloween Eddie is the most ugly of all eddies so bad design ^^

Dank Brew
10-30-2017, 06:21 PM
This is just pathetic. Unbelievable how upset everyone is, and NF hasn't even had the decency to reply about it. AGAIN. Will you guys fucking listen just one time?

slauki
10-30-2017, 09:45 PM
And said:

"C'mere little kid i got somethin for ya!"

And i was like: "ok"

And he was like: "u gimme 2 mill gold, and i give you a sweet new shiny orange soul! You'll get a chance to get the sweet hallowed eddie!"

And i was like: "hallowed eddie? Fuck yea!"

Then i gave him my money, and now im broke. I have 54k gold...

Plz... help me guys, so we can bring this man to justice! Such people that take advantage of the weak minded disgust me!

I dont really remember what he was called but i read the letters NG on his suit. If that helps...

HAHAHA made my day..you are a creative mofo for sure man.

aside this look at this crap, 235 rounds of bnw for 4 immunity talismans????

i thought these dungeons were designed to get them...not even talking about zone or other fancy stuff. i swiched to level 10 after i found 8 to be very crappy. well 10 isn't much better dropwise. really cannot see a reason that such crucial talismans are so rare. i get it with immortality ones, but not with this bread and butter talismans...but well i can open a store and sell chances talis now as it seems...

bnw is really really annoying and boring to play.
will farm for one or two more sets and try never get into this again. poweslave seems so beautifull compared with the dragon king and his 15 sot costs...

blade685
10-30-2017, 10:10 PM
new red light with soul and... my 7 or 8th shit 4* blue GS ahah
I have more shit than normal rare souls ^^

Amarthir
10-30-2017, 10:49 PM
They've been so silent all week. Maybe they just don't want to talk to us. I noticed whenever a new event turns out to be shit, you don't hear a word from them about it until it's over.

Just spent my last 2mil on a Halloween soul and surprise I got an Axis Soldier. Funny how 2 of the 4 souls I found from BNW were 4* characters and the 8 souls I bought from the store were all 3* toons. It's almost as if buying a soul guarantees not getting anything good from it. And souls you earn have a higher likelyhood of pulling something good.

Well time to put another pause on upgrading my characters to stack up on gold again. Here's a cool idea, how about an event where the gold reward in missions is tripled and you have a chance to get 3* gold idols as another reward? You really never know how valuable gold really is until you're under 1mil. I make about 470k a day from skull quests and powerslave but the recent demand of gold for rewards has more gold going out than coming in for me.

It's too bad they didn't use that Gunner Legendary soul as an event soul. That would have made all my recent negative comments never exist.

Sparton_LOTB
10-30-2017, 11:29 PM
Reminder: Keep posts in this thread on the topic of this event/characters from this event. Posts which relate to missions that went live recently (or are othewise off topic) will be deleted.

They've been so silent all week. Maybe they just don't want to talk to us. I noticed whenever a new event turns out to be shit, you don't hear a word from them about it until it's over.

There's really not been much I can reply to. I can't meaningfully reply to comments like "I opened X event souls and got the highlight character, this event is great!", or "I opened Y event souls and didn't get him, this event is garbage!", and the latter is where most of the "demands" for a reply seem to come from.

A lot of the purpose of these event threads is for the community to discuss among themselves. Sure, I'll drop in and respond to some stuff if I think that I have a response would be interesting to the community, but I don't think me responding like a robot saying "grats" or "sorry" to the same kinds of posts we see in every event thread is better than silence due to not having anything meaningful to add.

RNG giveth and RNG taketh away; that'll remain true for every event (hell, every game) which has a random element in it that is the primary driver of rewards. We do have plans for future events to try things a bit differently to strike a better balance, though, and the overall sentiment from players here, on Facebook, etc are all factors we consider, even if we aren't personally responding to them every time they're posted.

Just spent my last 2mil on a Halloween soul and surprise I got an Axis Soldier. Funny how 2 of the 4 souls I found from BNW were 4* characters and the 8 souls I bought from the store were all 3* toons. It's almost as if buying a soul guarantees not getting anything good from it. And souls you earn have a higher likelyhood of pulling something good.

Our game doesn't have any memory of where you get a soul from once it shows up in your Book of Souls. A Halloween Soul is a Halloween Soul, regardless from where it's earned. If we wanted a "Store Halloween Soul" with different rewards, we'd make and name a soul accordingly. We have an event that'll come later where we have two different kinds of new souls at once, but that's because they give entirely different kinds of rewards; we have no interest at this time in having souls with micro differences in possible rewards that favour one feature over another.

The only exception is souls in the intro tutorial will override normal rewards and give you specific characters we intend you to start the game with, because we want to get players used to the idea of using the Book of Souls while still giving them the right characters to enjoy the beginning of the game.

Well time to put another pause on upgrading my characters to stack up on gold again. Here's a cool idea, how about an event where the gold reward in missions is tripled and you have a chance to get 3* gold idols as another reward? You really never know how valuable gold really is until you're under 1mil. I make about 470k a day from skull quests and powerslave but the recent demand of gold for rewards has more gold going out than coming in for me.

We've tried some events way in the past which improved Gold rewards, and we also had stuff like Precious Soul Fragments from the campaign as recent as the Hearts, Skulls, and Gold event, but they didn't seem to have as much draw and engagement as we would have hoped, so our attention is typically drawn away from that and towards events that do get more people engaged and excited. Perhaps now with more things that demand high amounts of Gold they'd work better, but the average Gold balance of a lot of late game players still seems pretty high on average. Definitely something we're keeping in mind for the future, though, for new events, for new features, and for adjustments to existing features.

It's too bad they didn't use that Gunner Legendary soul as an event soul. That would have made all my recent negative comments never exist.

Infinitely farmable souls which can give 4 star or 5 stars guaranteed is not something we'd want to do often... but similar to the Immortal Soul, it'll probably be something we do on occasion, sure. We definitely had a problem with the Immortal Soul event where some people were happy to get almost a dozen Immortal Souls, but others were frustrated that they couldn't even get one. We want to add the ability in the future that let people work towards more discrete goals so the event can be more accessible, but then still have a hardcore grinder option for people who want to put in the time to get even more rewards.

Amarthir
10-31-2017, 12:15 AM
Alot of kind words

I should apologize for what I said earlier and I see I was kind of a dick. I was having a tough day today and the drops made my mood worse. I was really just projecting. Thanks for the patient response. You guys are still pretty great devs despite what we say

Sparton_LOTB
10-31-2017, 12:36 AM
I should apologize for what I said earlier and I see I was kind of a dick. I was having a tough day today and the drops made my mood worse. I was really just projecting. Thanks for the patient response. You guys are still pretty great devs despite what we say

No worries. Your post brought up a lot of good points, and I felt you were fairly level-headed in your critiques, thus I took the opportunity to respond. I appreciate you coming back and apologizing, too (as do others on the team who're lurking and reading responses).

Liebhild
10-31-2017, 02:09 AM
RNG giveth and RNG taketh away; that'll remain true for every event (hell, every game) which has a random element in it that is the primary driver of rewards.

If RNG would be RNG, then there would be much less complaints. Also if we would see some numbers of the likelihood for toons to drop.

And LOTB has too much pseudo random stuff.

T-Man
10-31-2017, 02:29 AM
Hey Spartan, thanks for dropping in. Most of the events have been great. Thanks.

The only complaint I have with this one is the lack of Halloween souls dropping in BNW. Also still getting hang ups there as well.

But, to the souls, I’ve only gotten 2 out of several refills. Those 2 were the first day of this event, and nothing since. I’ve farmed all over in BNW including runs on level 10. Why such a lack of these soul drops? Did you guys intent for the drops to be this scarce? Thanks.

Sparton_LOTB
10-31-2017, 03:29 AM
But, to the souls, I’ve only gotten 2 out of several refills. Those 2 were the first day of this event, and nothing since. I’ve farmed all over in BNW including runs on level 10. Why such a lack of these soul drops? Did you guys intent for the drops to be this scarce? Thanks.

They're intended to be pretty rare, but it seems that because of that, people who are unlucky definitely come up way short compared to what we expect people to get across however many attempts.

You have to keep in mind that the closest equivalent to getting an event soul like this typically would cost 100 Ironite in the store. A single refill (which could do at least 5 or 6 runs) only costs 30 Ironite, and you can refill your Sands of Time for free by just waiting 2-3 times per day, so if anyone was expecting them to be raining from the sky after just a handful of battles, that was probably a bit optimistic. Nonetheless, we're considering doing something like having fragments drop (and making them consistent/guaranteed but with some variation in quantity) for future events we want to do in this manner, but it's something I'll investigate more with the team after looking at data across the entirety of the event to see how much players actually were engaging with Sacrifice and Brave New World to seek out the souls.

Kamuz24z
10-31-2017, 04:34 AM
Sparton just a question are we going to need lightning, rage, zone eater talismans, to get the crimson soul or there are more than 200 missions

Kris-0707
10-31-2017, 08:55 AM
They're intended to be pretty rare, but it seems that because of that, people who are unlucky definitely come up way short compared to what we expect people to get across however many attempt.

So your intention was to upset players then? If these souls supposed to be very rare and they're bloody rare indeed, why drop from them is so low? Why they can't give us just 4 & 5 stars toons. Looks like these hollowed souls are identical like normal rare souls.
Endgame here is pvp not neverending grind to get toons. Events in all games gives something special to players. Here you give us only chances and don't blame rng for that because as a devs who cares about the game and players (mainly huge fans of the Iron Maiden) you should to come up with some ideas to keep us in game, give us what we want and what we expect, especially during event where some things should be easy to get or guaranteed, gifts etc.
How you can explain drop rates of these hollowed souls and rare talismans on high lvl BNW? I don't know how many runs I did (floor IX only) 30-40-50? and got absolutely nothing. Wasted so many ironite and the time. As said so many times that this is mobile phone game, game from definition should be fun and enjoyable and this game isn't.
Every update adds more 3,4 stars toons to the rare soul pool and you don't increase the chance to get these souls and don't adjust drop rates etc.
Why you still haven't done anything yet about getting dupes? To get so many 3 stars toons maybe was fun about year ago, now is just boring, frustrating and just not fun/right.
Focus on end game (PVP) and make this game more fair, get the easier access to all toons for all players so they can fight with anyone from the ladder.

mk ultra
10-31-2017, 08:57 AM
there are 200 missions, at least until u reach 197 and then all 3 missions left require rage, zone & lightning talismans. In other thread i assumed that are V levels in a mission, now i see that the ones i have left require at level IV said talismans.
so, i guess there is no way to get the crimson PD without completing missions with the super rare talismans.

DaveMurray
10-31-2017, 09:17 AM
They're intended to be pretty rare, but it seems that because of that, people who are unlucky definitely come up way short compared to what we expect people to get across however many attempts.

It's either hard to get with super rewards or easy to get with crap rewards. You can't have both, yet you don't seem to get that.
A soul that is almost impossible to get drops 3* shit dupes, how nice.
By far the worst event ever, destroyed a month with good events and unfortunately it's about an Eddie.

there are 200 missions, at least until u reach 197 and then all 3 missions left require rage, zone & lightning talismans. In other thread i assumed that are V levels in a mission, now i see that the ones i have left require at level IV said talismans.
so, i guess there is no way to get the crimson PD without completing missions with the super rare talismans.

Just another NF poop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwgpPHTKG3s

slauki
10-31-2017, 09:21 AM
just one thing to consider sparton:

as mentioned before, the bread and butter talisman droprates shouldn't be that rare. 100 runs level x gave me 2 immunity and 145 level 8 gave me 2 immunity too.
this is something you should adjust i think.

the ultra rare ones which are pretty useless too imo shouldn't be that rare neither if you ask me. sure if you give them away too lightly noone would play bnw anymore, but that's the logic of BNW. once you have your main toons equipped with the crucial talismans there is no need to grind for more....

EDIT: and i really hope we will see the FOTD level again, any word on that maybe? :D

ShadowedLies
10-31-2017, 09:22 AM
Honestly until the issues with BNW are resolved there really shouldnt be any events solely in that location. Of 6 attempts of GoL VIII only 2 were sucessful and the other 4 resulted in the game closing. Twice when the boss had <10% health. That's incredibly frustrating.

PerthEddie
10-31-2017, 10:32 AM
RNG giveth and RNG taketh away; that'll remain true for every event

Yeah but for a lot of us all it seems is it taketh away. I hate these events. I have never got one of the characters from any of these events - No Viking, Shaman, Navigator etc. and I hate myself even more because every single time I fall for the "increased chance". I only managed to get them from the Immortal Souls event which I thought was a brilliant event but people were unhappy as they couldn't invest the time in it at the time. I have never managed to pull a Premium Gunner/Assassin Eddie or other "must have" character from G/A souls either. After, what, 15/16 months of playing it is all wearing a little thin now. Meanwhile there are certain players out there who ALWAYS seem to get the brand new shiny character and really quickly as well.

What makes this worse is an admission that these Soul drops are rare anyway and you use BNW as a way of getting them. BNW must be a developers sick joke. Who thought "this will be fun for the player base. A top level boss that will have players sitting there for ages while his shield regenerates every few moves and then, if they do manage to get past the bugs and freezes we will give them f**k all as a reward"! That pretty much sums up LotB - lots of effort put in but very little reward. I play The Walking Dead No Man's Land as well and their main Halloween event knocked spots off this one. Theirs was having the whole playing community having to kill 750 million walkers over a few day period. They even helped us by increasing the number of walkers that you could kill. We did it and we all got a nice shiny powerful weapon, tokens to improve characters and goods to buy weapons with. So, it just seems:

Legacy of the Beast - put lots of effort in for a minute chance of something shiny
The Walking Dead No Man's Land - put effort in and get some nice shiny stuff to use in game.

I am actually annoyed with myself for typing this. I accepted months ago that my RNG luck is what it is and just carried on playing and trying to have a bit of fun. I won't ever spend any money on this game ever again though, not when I get f**k all from it.

I just can't believe that you guys don't seem to grasp that for the effort people are putting in it would be nice to feel like we get something to show for it. With top levels of BNW, playing Troopers every day, Arena etc. it really is like having a 2nd job.

hold
10-31-2017, 11:33 AM
... and other rants ...

I am not back and after reading a bit in the forums I won't be. I just have really nothing better to do right now and after a few month away I thought I have a look.

Glad to see that absolutely nothing has changed. NF is still exploiting one of the most loyal fanbases out there.

Old bugs are still in - new ones? Most probably - not aware of. The one that baffled me was in BNW where there is still this CR lying at the start of the 4th round if you don't kill her first. Really pathetic.

Player base must be low as well. I logged in last Friday afternoon starting from 0. Within a few hours and 4 or 5 refills I played myself into the top 1000. I think with very little effort I could stay within the top 250. AI hasn't improved a notch - from what I see they just developed bigger guns or more annoying abilities.

At least I joined the right week where Professor Slauki got crowned - very happy for you. I had a good laugh reading your data about BNW where you basically get nothing for endless hours wasted. BNW is no fun at all - I just did a few to clear the missions. But a bit of a read here put me off this task as well. You need talismans that are next to impossible to get - that is (taking the piss)²

I could sacrifice a bit and got in total 35 Halloween souls (also could buy some from the shop with gold I still have). From those souls: Dupe FotD Ed and Gunner Mayan Priestess (new) that seems to be one for the bench.

I was also hoping for the FotD levels are back for Halloween where you can get those Halloween souls. What was I thinking. Of course you get one a day from the more than annoying BNW levels. Spend 15 minutes for some BNW X for 15 3* evo runes ... that was a very good reminder why I take it casual with loooooooooooooong breaks.

Long story short: SNAFU - still a pointless time sink that is little or not rewarded ... I think I stop again after 2nd of November ... can buy 2 more Halloween souls with coins (don't have the cons yet) and that might be worth a shot and after that back to real life. It seems like NF won't ever change their attitude and the only way to force that would be a general strike. But there are way too many addicted hardcore players here for achieving that. They use the argument "RNG" over and over again but won't give details about the rates (many believe they are rigged) - well not everything would have to be RNG. There are players out there playing for month and flushed down hundreds of souls and still missing nice toons. How long do you have to play to get everything? 1000 years 28 hours daily?

p.s: have fun bashing the shit out of my pumpkins - I still had them from last year.

p.p.s: How I was doing the last few month without this daily chore? Great I have to admit. I got so much shit done without having a second unpaid job at LotB and after one week the urge was gone :) ... In the beginning I also felt much happier without that daily obligation - much easier than quitting smoking! Just 1 more month and I stopped smoking 3 years ago!

R1ck
10-31-2017, 01:01 PM
You have to keep in mind that the closest equivalent to getting an event soul like this typically would cost 100 Ironite in the store. A single refill (which could do at least 5 or 6 runs) only costs 30 Ironite, and you can refill your Sands of Time for free by just waiting 2-3 times per day, so if anyone was expecting them to be raining from the sky after just a handful of battles, that was probably a bit optimistic. Nonetheless, we're considering doing something like having fragments drop (and making them consistent/guaranteed but with some variation in quantity) for future events we want to do in this manner, but it's something I'll investigate more with the team after looking at data across the entirety of the event to see how much players actually were engaging with Sacrifice and Brave New World to seek out the souls.

It is known by you and your team already that BNW is the most annoying feature of this game, makes us spent a lot of time and SoT for almost no reward and despite of that you force us to play it to get those souls which give us nothing but 3* toons.
It is a lie if you pretend to have numbers with these event because many people is also playing just to complete the missions, I wouldn't play it just for those useless souls.

There is no a word about the possibility to play troopers faster? Or the possibility not to get dupes in eternal souls? Just tired of getting 3 eternals but Clairvoyant.

Kaz_LOTB
10-31-2017, 01:57 PM
I just can't believe that you guys don't seem to grasp that for the effort people are putting in it would be nice to feel like we get something to show for it.

As Sparton mentioned, we are aware of the time and effort currently required to participate in some of these events and have already started work on features that will help improve this for some of next month's events. Our goal is to create clear reward tiers so that if you just want to play 5 matches of PvP or 10 runs of BNW during the event, you will be guaranteed a certain reward, with additional more valuable rewards at higher tiers beyond that.

-Kaz

Kaz_LOTB
10-31-2017, 02:02 PM
It is known by you and your team already that BNW is the most annoying feature of this game, makes us spent a lot of time and SoT for almost no reward...There is no a word about the possibility to play troopers faster? Or the possibility not to get dupes in eternal souls? Just tired of getting 3 eternals but Clairvoyant.

Regarding Brave New World, the majority of the hangs and crashes have been fixed, but there are still a few known issues that will hopefully get resolved by the next release. There will also be some difficulty tuning updates for the higher floors in the next release, which should help dramatically cut down on the time required to clear each floor.

As for the Eternal Soul dupe issue, we will be revealing our plans around that within the next week or so.

The faster use of Troopers is a little further out, but it is on the road map to be worked on in the shorterm.

-Kaz

R1ck
10-31-2017, 02:07 PM
Regarding Brave New World, the majority of the hangs and crashes have been fixed, but there are still a few known issues that will hopefully get resolved by the next release. There will also be some difficulty tuning updates for the higher floors in the next release, which should help dramatically cut down on the time required to clear each floor.

As for the Eternal Soul dupe issue, we will be revealing our plans around that within the next week or so.

The faster use of Troopers is a little further out, but it is on the road map to be worked on in the shorterm.

-Kaz

Thanks Kaz for your fast answer, will look forward for news next week.

slauki
10-31-2017, 02:08 PM

-Kaz

that are some very good news kaz, ty for info. looking forward to hear about the plans...

PerthEddie
10-31-2017, 02:15 PM
Thanks Kaz for the couple of responses to some questions asked. Your responses sound intruiging :)

MoonShadow
10-31-2017, 02:19 PM

-KazGreat news, thanks for info.

The BNW dungeons are indeed stable now, I was playing today GoF IX for 4 or 5 times in a row, for example, and the game didn't froze as it did before, so it's good. Just the halloween souls drop so hard and they usually reward a 3* character, but this is another issue...:)

Regarding the Eternals... that's very good news, as I'm tired of getting just Beelze & Claire... Beelze & Claire.... Beelze & Claire.........

Patrice-1201
10-31-2017, 03:17 PM

I think this is the crux of the issue, this basically means that our time is worth nothing to you. I'd be a lot happier to buy a soul for 100 and move on than to spend hours away from work, family and friends for a meagre chance at getting one of these souls. I honestly think you should be reconsidering this and extend the event with a better way for people to earn Hallowed Eddie. You don't get how long BNW takes for virtually no reward and no Hallowed Soul...

dragonmat89
10-31-2017, 04:15 PM

Just as an additional point to follow on from your comment - the costing of Halloween souls in the store is even higher than you point out. If you needed the 2 million gold to buy one of those souls then it would cost 1000 ironite to get the gold for each soul... Given that the cost from this perspective is 10x higher than a normal event soul there should be a much higher chance of getting a decent toon (I personally have used 10 Halloween souls and not had a single character above 3 star...).

Dank Brew
10-31-2017, 04:22 PM
You don't get how long BNW takes for virtually no reward and no Hallowed Soul...

I've said it before and i'll say it again, you can't run a game without actually playing it. You guys obviously don't have any game testers at all, otherwise BNW wouldn't be so damn time consuming. They would have told you

"it's taking too long".

Dank Brew
10-31-2017, 04:23 PM
Just as an additional point to follow on from your comment - the costing of Halloween souls in the store is even higher than you point out. If you needed the 2 million gold to buy one of those souls then it would cost 1000 ironite to get the gold for each soul... Given that the cost from this perspective is 10x higher than a normal event soul there should be a much higher chance of getting a decent toon (I personally have used 10 Halloween souls and not had a single character above 3 star...).

Good point. 1000 ironite for endless 3* characters. You thieves.

zamasu
10-31-2017, 04:38 PM
The only exception is souls in the intro tutorial will override normal rewards and give you specific characters we intend you to start the game with, because we want to get players used to the idea of using the Book of Souls while still giving them the right characters to enjoy the beginning of the game.

Now that you mention "characters we intend you to start the game with", is the green harpy in the bos? Since I know that characters that are earned free through campaign are not in the bos (ex. Soldier Eddie, Wickerman Eddie, Holy Smoke...) If she's not, is the are any way for us who don't have her to get her?

Tim28213
10-31-2017, 04:43 PM
I picked up a green harpy in the last 2 weeks from the BoS. I believe it was off a regular rare soul.

Witkacy
10-31-2017, 05:07 PM
As Sparton mentioned, we are aware of the time and effort currently required to participate in some of these events and have already started work on features that will help improve this for some of next month's events. Our goal is to create clear reward tiers so that if you just want to play 5 matches of PvP or 10 runs of BNW during the event, you will be guaranteed a certain reward, with additional more valuable rewards at higher tiers beyond that.

-Kaz

Kaz :)

Oh, do you? Really? That's FANTASTIC! Yet you guys all seem to act like you're NOT... Trully... It seems that you set the location of this current event VICIOUSLY again at Brave New World - goddamn well knowing not since yesterday that hardly no-one would be playing there outside the events periods, due to:
1. VERY HIGH costs of playing
2. Waaay to much time consuming
3. Very poor droprates of ANYTHING VALUABLE compared to the time sacrified to obtain these items you want...
4. Crashing/Freezing etc. - LOTS of bugs still present...
5. And above this all - out of the sick mind of someone - the costs of reviving in case of ''fail'' in chase after those expensive prizes...

Almost all your ''events'' being rolled with the same scenario: HUGE amounts of time needed, playing at very hostile environment, where very very least depends of the player, and quite LOT of the unpredicable behaving game, for hardly impossible to get rewards...

That's great that you have a plan to change it, dear devs... So how about make ANY of your plans TRUE existed (and checked ones first) and only THEN start the events? It's really sad to watch that you learn nothing from your previous mistakes... For now I just have the feeling that your willing to make any positive changes being only depending and equal with yours users/customers ANGER...

Cheers,

W

druid138
10-31-2017, 05:23 PM
I can really see both sides on this one. Overall, I really like the new Eddie (based on playing a few rounds with Trooper champs), and I like the event concept.

I want to share my findings and thoughts so far, focused on BNW Soul drop rates and toon chances per Soul.

Sparton - I know your team has access to all this data, and you mentioned that you'll be analyzing it (probably from a similar perspective).

First, BNW Soul drop rates . . .

Day 1:
GoL V: 1 Soul from 21 Runs
GoL VI: 6 Souls from 57 Runs (+ 2 crashes)

Day 2:
GoL VI: 9 Souls from 47 Runs (+ 6 crashes)

Day 3:
GoL V: 2 Souls from 43 Runs
GoL VI: 0 Souls from 10 Runs (+ 3 crashes) *
* Gave up on GoL VI due to crashes

Day 4:
GoL V: 0 Souls from 8 Runs
GoL VI: 0 Souls from 2 Runs (+ 1 crash)
GoF VI: 1 Soul from 31 Runs (+ 1 crash)

Day 5 (in progress):
GoF VI: 2 Souls in 53 Runs (+ 2 crashes)

Total:
Floor V: 3 Souls in 72 Runs
Floor VI: 18 Souls in 200 Runs (+ 15 crashes)

At 12 SoT per floor, this works out to approximately:
Floor V: 3.4 Refills per Soul (100 ironite)
Floor VI (ignoring crashes): 1.6 Refills per Soul (50 ironite)
Floor VI (with crashes): 1.7 Refills per Soul (50 ironite)

So, on average over a large sample set, the Souls are costing between 50 and 100 Ironite (probably closer to 50), which is less than typical event souls. The challenge, though, is the variance in this figure day-to-day and probably player-to-player. Compare my Day 1 and 2 results against Day 4 and 5, for instance.

Sparton - I think you were alluding to this issue in a prior post, and I agree that a fragment-based system would mitigate this some.

Second, toon chances per Soul:

Between BNW farming, Store purchases, and some Sacrifices, I've redeemed 37 Souls. No HE or Gimp or any new toons for that matter, but 9 4* toons, which is as good if not better than most event Souls. I know others haven't been as fortunate, but I just wanted to give my own perspective.

So, the question is, is it worth it? 50-100 ironite for a Soul with pretty normal drop rates, except increased chances of HE and Prisoner?

I've been playing since Day 1. I have pretty much every character except for a handful. But, I happen to be missing all 5* Gunners. So, I'll take the deal for increased chances any day, knowing that an increase to something very small is still very small*. But, also knowing that if I don't get lucky this week, it could be another long wait for these toons.

* This fact does support a consolation prize concept for this type of event. Knowing that the vast majority of players are going to miss out on the key prizes, offering consolation prizes could help with the customer experience.

Sparton_LOTB
10-31-2017, 05:55 PM
Events in all games gives something special to players. Here you give us only chances and don't blame rng for that because as a devs who cares about the game and players (mainly huge fans of the Iron Maiden) you should to come up with some ideas to keep us in game, give us what we want and what we expect, especially during event where some things should be easy to get or guaranteed, gifts etc.

There's RNG to get special Halloween Souls (Brave New World and Sacrifice), and there's guaranteed methods to gain new souls which pretty much anyone can easily capitalize on (souls in the Store).

How you can explain drop rates of these hollowed souls and rare talismans on high lvl BNW? I don't know how many runs I did (floor IX only) 30-40-50? and got absolutely nothing. Wasted so many ironite and the time. As said so many times that this is mobile phone game, game from definition should be fun and enjoyable and this game isn't.

I went over that in a recent post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9098-Hallowed-Be-Thy-Game-Event-Featuring-HALLOWED-EDDIE!&p=60171&viewfull=1#post60171). EDIT: druid138 actually went over it with some actual data and comparison for a more clear picture in the post above this (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9098-Hallowed-Be-Thy-Game-Event-Featuring-HALLOWED-EDDIE!&p=60260&viewfull=1#post60260).

Every update adds more 3,4 stars toons to the rare soul pool and you don't increase the chance to get these souls and don't adjust drop rates etc.

We're constantly adding more ways you can get Rare-quality Souls. We recently added Satellite 15, which gives you fragments of souls for minimal effort. The revamp of Secret Locations into Skull Quests came with the ability to get Rare Souls more frequently. We've added more methods to get Rare Souls from the PVP Store and the Trooper Store.

Why you still haven't done anything yet about getting dupes? To get so many 3 stars toons maybe was fun about year ago, now is just boring, frustrating and just not fun/right.

That's what Sacrifice is for; turning dupes into materials to improve other characters, or a chance at getting fresh souls for a chance at getting new characters.

Focus on end game (PVP) and make this game more fair, get the easier access to all toons for all players so they can fight with anyone from the ladder.

That's why our updates always have a component about fixing bugs, tuning characters to make more interesting teams viable (in PVP and elsewhere), and why we often have events where different activities can reward you with even more high-quality Souls than said activities would normally provide.

We're not going to just give everyone the best characters for free, though. We've had a lot of complaints about PVP feeling boring because they feel that everyone does have the same characters. Thus our continued focus on adding more and being careful about how easy they are to get (while still wanting to make sure that some people get them, and that anyone can get them with enough time and dedication).

as mentioned before, the bread and butter talisman droprates shouldn't be that rare. 100 runs level x gave me 2 immunity and 145 level 8 gave me 2 immunity too.
this is something you should adjust i think.

That's rarer than we expect, I can say that. Sadly, we don't have a way of doing fragments of talismans to make those rare drops not as potentially rare, so that swinginess can definitely occur. For every person who takes 100 Floor X runs to get a set, someone else is probably only taking 30 runs, but no one ever talks about how lucky they are with talisman drops.

the ultra rare ones which are pretty useless too imo shouldn't be that rare neither if you ask me. sure if you give them away too lightly noone would play bnw anymore, but that's the logic of BNW. once you have your main toons equipped with the crucial talismans there is no need to grind for more....

So you're saying they shouldn't be rare, but if they weren't a long term rare drop to work towards, you wouldn't be interested in going there?

Hm...

EDIT: and i really hope we will see the FOTD level again, any word on that maybe? :D

We had a lot of technical issues and knock-ons from it last year, sadly. We will revisit that kind of idea again in the future, but we need to put time towards making it so we can more easily add the levels and do it with less tech problems.

Now that you mention "characters we intend you to start the game with", is the green harpy in the bos? Since I know that characters that are earned free through campaign are not in the bos (ex. Soldier Eddie, Wickerman Eddie, Holy Smoke...) If she's not, is the are any way for us who don't have her to get her?

Because there's more use with getting multiples of some allies, when we released her, we did add her as a normal drop from souls (anything that can reward 4 star Sentinels).

I've been playing since Day 1. I have pretty much every character except for a handful. But, I happen to be missing all 5* Gunners. So, I'll take the deal for increased chances any day, knowing that an increase to something very small is still very small*. But, also knowing that if I don't get lucky this week, it could be another long wait for these toons.

* This fact does support a consolation prize concept for this type of event. Knowing that the vast majority of players are going to miss out on the key prizes, offering consolation prizes could help with the customer experience.

That's definitely something we on the development team agree with, which is what Kaz also reiterated (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9098-Hallowed-Be-Thy-Game-Event-Featuring-HALLOWED-EDDIE!&p=60204&viewfull=1#post60204); we do want to improve the accessibility and feeling of reward from these events, and are looking at different ways of doing that. This event we tried making it so the special souls were available from a wide variety of different features, and we've definitely had a mixed response.

That said, it's pretty clear that some people will never be pleased if the only thing that will make the event worth it to them is getting the new natural 5 star Gunner, but oh well. If there's some consolation prize someone has in mind that isn't just handing out a nat 5 every event, we're all ears (eyes?).

(Sorry about all the edits; need my morning tea.)

JJJ428
10-31-2017, 06:17 PM
I think what would make people happy is tiered events like the Sparton 300 and 500. You knew exactly what you were going to get for a set amount of effort. Also because it was tiered if you could only do 50 or 100 you didn't feel like you missed out. I agree some people won't be happy unless they get the best prize for minimal effort which there is no pleasing those people. I think this month has been awesome with all these events and look forward to what next month will have. Hoping we get a calendar graphic for November as well.

I always say an event doesn't hurt you. I didn't see the reward being that high for one character I don't have yet so I am saving my sacrifice fodder for another event. There is no need for people to get this upset over missing a 5 star character right when it comes out.

Amarthir
10-31-2017, 06:27 PM
Our goal is to create clear reward tiers so that if you just want to play 5 matches of PvP or 10 runs of BNW during the event, you will be guaranteed a certain reward, with additional more valuable rewards at higher tiers beyond that.

-Kaz

I think what would make people happy is tiered events like the Sparton 300 and 500. You knew exactly what you were going to get for a set amount of effort. Also because it was tiered if you could only do 50 or 100 you didn't feel like you missed out.

I heavily support this idea. Personally, I've always liked tier reward events especially in PvP because you work toward a high tier goal in addition to making a ton of iron coins in the process. The whole "get a reward just for playing" idea is good because it makes more people enjoy doing it without worrying about wasted resources. And if there's going to be another event like that soon, I'll be more than happy to participate.

Dank Brew
10-31-2017, 06:28 PM
How about an added feature of something like "chance increasing items" or whatever you would want to call it.
There could be a few of them.

Increases chances of rarity from soul drops for X amount of time.
Increases chances of rare talisman drops for X amount of time.
Increases chances of xp material drops.
Increases chances of rarity drops from sacrifices...
ETC...

Usually I don't Like to encourage new content while there is so many bugs, but this could be a great addition to the game...

Mariner-1212
10-31-2017, 06:28 PM
If there's some consolation prize someone has in mind that isn't just handing out a nat 5 every event, we're all ears (eyes?).

Fair consolation would come in the form of something concrete - like 25/100 fragments for an immortal soul which guarantees a 5-star Eddie. So after 4 major events, you're building towards that guarantee. I say 'major' because this type of thing shouldn't be on the fragment events where we get a toon from grinding, then we'd get a new one each month and that's probably not something you are willing to shell out. It should work out to roughly 1 guaranteed 5* Eddie every 3 months if you play often enough.

An alternate option could be 5/100 'choose' fragments during EVERY event, good towards that 'choose your toon' soul. So each month, you'll pull between 20-25 frags, giving dedicated players a toon of their choice every 4-6 months.

slauki
10-31-2017, 07:09 PM
So you're saying they shouldn't be rare, but if they weren't a long term rare drop to work towards, you wouldn't be interested in going there?

Hm...

well, yeah :-) i mean not many would care for those talismans if there wouldn't be the missions right now. i really cannot see a reason to chase them, they are not handy and not very usefull for pvp or pve. so they are clearly no longterm goal for me and many others. i wouldn't play one single round BNW more or less just to complete a set of rages or zone eaters.
i even gave up on immortality and they are very usefull for PVP that clearly shows the problems of BNW. They are probably the best talismans out there and i don't care to get them. and i'm not alone...so something is clearly wrong there, since i don't mind putting in huge amounts of time to archieve a realistic goal. but playing 250 rounds to get 1/4 uber rare talisman is no realistic goal, it's just a waste of time, ressources and sanity ;) .

Bradata
10-31-2017, 09:53 PM
well, yeah :-) i mean not many would care for those talismans if there wouldn't be the missions right now. i really cannot see a reason to chase them, they are not handy and not very usefull for pvp or pve. so they are clearly no longterm goal for me and many others. i wouldn't play one single round BNW more or less just to complete a set of rages or zone eaters.
i even gave up on immortality and they are very usefull for PVP that clearly shows the problems of BNW. They are probably the best talismans out there and i don't care to get them. and i'm not alone...so something is clearly wrong there, since i don't mind putting in huge amounts of time to archieve a realistic goal. but playing 250 rounds to get 1/4 uber rare talisman is no realistic goal, it's just a waste of time, ressources and sanity ;) .

I didn't agree with slauki on many things he posted before but now I thing he is right on the spot! I did MANY runs on lvl10 in GoF just like him in GoL
and got only one out of the four Rage talismans needed. Maybe I didn't do 200 but I was close to that number and nothing, even the event souls are like 1 in 20 runs... I think I saw somewhere in the event description that in the higher levels their drop rate should be better, well... it isn't! I also agree with slauki on BNW being the most hated place to go for many players, I for one didn't go there at all before I found out I'm gonna need those rare tallies to finish the missions and honestly I regret doing it 'cause from what I see, I will never get those talismans any time soon.

Amarthir
10-31-2017, 10:48 PM
I have 3 rage talismans but no Hunter talismans. But today is Halloween so I'm going to go out with friends tonight. I'll try to get everyone before the cycle tomorrow.

hold
10-31-2017, 10:52 PM
That said, it's pretty clear that some people will never be pleased if the only thing that will make the event worth it to them is getting the new natural 5 star Gunner, but oh well. If there's some consolation prize someone has in mind that isn't just handing out a nat 5 every event, we're all ears (eyes?)

- Swap 5 natural 5* for a 5* of your choice
- Swap 20 leveld up 5* for a native 5* of your choice

or something like that. The argument of RNG is plain bollocks as it could be circumvented if there is a will.

"To have the best and all the same" is also bollocks if the AI would actually be an AI. I still can beat almost every team with so many random setups if the AI enemy isn't lucky enough to trigger everything. Very very weak point.

Made me laugh again when Kaz mentioned that the "level of difficulty in BNW" will be reviewd or made be easier. That's fine but not the point. It doesn't help a lot when I can play the annoying BNW in 5 instead of 15 minutes but I still got a rare talisman every 5.5 years.

I really is amazing that in my few month absence absolutely nothing has changed - devs are still using the same lame excuses and the sheep are still calmed with things "that might happen in the future".

T-Man
10-31-2017, 11:02 PM
Sparton, Kaz thanks for chiming in, and looking into the issues brought up here.

I didn't expect a 5* gunner Eddie to be given away, but as I said earlier, its the super low drops and tolling it takes to farm BNW along with the lock ups. I lost several refills of sand for this event with BNW locking up on me. It is completely deflating to get to the 4th wave of level 10 and things lock up. Thanks again for listening.

PS: Having the same issue in PvP as well, but that is one for another thread.

kkkreg5
11-01-2017, 03:08 AM
Players need to speak with their wallets by putting them away! Making me feel "unlucky" is not the way to make me spend money.

November 17 Walmart will be releasing the Book Of Souls Live Chapter with a Shaman Eddie figurine. Damn right I getting that because it's tangible. I'm spending my money for something in return!! I need to get 24 more months or so return for my investment in this "game" and it doesn't look good...

DaveMurray
11-01-2017, 12:03 PM
Players need to speak with their wallets by putting them away! Making me feel "unlucky" is not the way to make me spend money.

November 17 Walmart will be releasing the Book Of Souls Live Chapter with a Shaman Eddie figurine. Damn right I getting that because it's tangible. I'm spending my money for something in return!! I need to get 24 more months or so return for my investment in this "game" and it doesn't look good...

Couldn't have said it better.

Nekroliun
11-01-2017, 02:24 PM
How about an added feature of something like "chance increasing items" or whatever you would want to call it.
There could be a few of them.

Increases chances of rarity from soul drops for X amount of time.
Increases chances of rare talisman drops for X amount of time.
Increases chances of xp material drops.
Increases chances of rarity drops from sacrifices...
ETC...

Usually I don't Like to encourage new content while there is so many bugs, but this could be a great addition to the game...

Yea, and make it that you can get each one for only 20$. U can also buy them for 50mill gold each.

But nah, imo they should just increase drop rates... or start giving out free shit! If i keep getting free shit, i pay less attention to the bad shit the game has! Which is the case in many games i played.

This game is prob the least generous game ive ever seen in my gaming life! I could farm the ashes of al’ar in WoW (1% chance and u have 1 try each day), and id prob get it before getting a 5* in this game! And when i do get a 5*, its gonna be another fucking dupe shaman!

I play final fantasy brave exvius, and for halloween they threw a ticket that can be redeemed for 10 summons at ur face! In fire emblem heroes u get a free summon each time new chars come and you get 1 gem for each lvl you beat! And there are alot of lvls... (u need 5 to summon)

Also i just bought 10 souls and got shit. Last time i got a 5* was when the immortal soul was released. Remember that event? Now that was good “content”.

blade685
11-01-2017, 03:55 PM
since the beginning of the event only 3* and 4* dupes in that hard Halloween souls to find a big joke definitively...the last another dupe and useless 4* Pharao dog :(
For me it is one of the rare event with only losing time and win nothing good
Last day tomorrow and dupes certainly to the end without a big sacrifice perhaps...i had done a 6 sacrifice at the beginning with only shit and no souls i can do another 6 perhaps tomorrow but it is my last before a long time :(

druid138
11-01-2017, 06:15 PM
I hate to do it, but I think I'm throwing in the towel on BNW farming. I've only received 4 Souls from my last 120+ runs.

Based on the types of calculations in my post yesterday, this works out to about 130 Ironite per Soul, which is too expensive for me.

Looking back at the figures in my post yesterday (combined with what I've seen since), Soul drops beginning on Day 3 have been very sparse.

I'm not sure if there was an adjustment made explicitly or if there is just that much inherent variation. But, I got 15 Souls in 104 runs of Floor VI between Days 1 and 2. Since then, I've got only 4 Souls in 123 runs of Floor VI.

Dank Brew
11-01-2017, 08:15 PM
I've only got 3 soul drops the entire time... I haven't been refilling my SoT though, just playing as much as the free refills allow me. Even for that, it's a horrible drop rate, and not to mention all 3 of those were 3* characters. All 4 that I got from the store were 3* also. 1 Soul from a sacrifice, 3*. Crap.

Dank Brew
11-01-2017, 08:20 PM
This game is prob the least generous game ive ever seen in my gaming life!

This is the most accurate post i've ever seen in this forum.

T-Man
11-01-2017, 11:21 PM
I hate to do it, but I think I'm throwing in the towel on BNW farming. I've only received 4 Souls from my last 120+ runs.

Based on the types of calculations in my post yesterday, this works out to about 130 Ironite per Soul, which is too expensive for me.

Looking back at the figures in my post yesterday (combined with what I've seen since), Soul drops beginning on Day 3 have been very sparse.

I'm not sure if there was an adjustment made explicitly or if there is just that much inherent variation. But, I got 15 Souls in 104 runs of Floor VI between Days 1 and 2. Since then, I've got only 4 Souls in 123 runs of Floor VI.

No doubt the soul drops are a huge disappointment for the investment of time and ironite. The higher levels are a chore to play as it is. :(

Digitalblaze
11-02-2017, 12:09 AM
Well here we are at yet the end of another wonderful "Arrrr Souls" event
and well lets face it...Its been by far the worst event in the game so far
ill be honest here and say im verry disappointed at the results but more so at myself for playing and wasting every resource i had available

The whole RNG is RNG sure i understand that i forged a Thunderfurry pre BC in vanilla wow
ive been playing d2 for nearly 11 years now and d3 since launch, and the drop rate on meteor n rage tailsmans are near that of zod runes.. (a fairdinkum kick in the nuts)

I asked in a previous post about the supposed drop rate % from leval 1-10? regarding this event and the souls and we still have no answer
so does this mean with the increased drop rates on 8-9-10 that the guys doing 1-2-3 should expect NOTHING AT ALL? beuace being a vet player i spent everything in the higher lvls and got nothing at all to show
so again? what about the casual players that wanted to try their hand and maybe get a new tailsman or 2 and a few souls Id hate to imagine some poor begger spending 1000 plus inroite on refills alone trying to farm 1-2-3

As for Kaz saying well we plan to do things different in the future...that well who cares the issue is here and now it was last week and the weeks before
15 sot for 1 instance 50 for a res n re try? wtf...
but whats even worse is the macl errors and game "hanging" just freezes wont error out wont do anything. its this that i belive to be a HUGE factor as to why so many souls went to waste in this event
shit i personaly had 3 macl1s errors in a row yesterday 2 of which the boss was 1%.......and thats not inc the rest of them and there were plenty!!!
ohhhh but wait theres more.!! like 8k gold form lvl 10 clear? come on we get that from matter of life or death mission 5 sot 2 min run easy farm happy days
well its bloody obvious that the gold should be at least 18-20k for a lvl 10 clear and not 8k..... ;(

i normally fire up n lose my shit cause i vest so much of my life in to this game by playing near every waking moment it feels like and then to see some of the
comments back to the community were just like a slap in the face, not once did any LOTD forum moderator say
ahhh hey guys ya know what.....yea our bad we didnt prepare properly we apologize the event shoulda went like :) :) but went like :( :( ;(
simple easy fix.....be honest and own up thats it......

blade685
11-02-2017, 04:43 PM
since the beginning of the event only 3* and 4* dupes in that hard Halloween souls to find a big joke definitively...the last another dupe and useless 4* Pharao dog :(
For me it is one of the rare event with only losing time and win nothing good
Last day tomorrow and dupes certainly to the end without a big sacrifice perhaps...i had done a 6 sacrifice at the beginning with only shit and no souls i can do another 6 perhaps tomorrow but it is my last before a long time :(

finally i did the mistake: doing aother 6 sacrifice and a full vortex during the shitest event of the game.
Result:

- 2X 8 Halloween souls and 3 Skill shard for level 6 sacrifice
- 4 X 1 Halloween souls, 1 legendary soul, 2 X 2 Skill shard and 2 X 5 rare ass souls

legendary soul gave me a big shit many dupe Warrior NBOL
All other Souls gave me full shit dupe 3* and 4* with one of the only chance updated characters of the 3 that a have many time 4* FOTD Eddie ....cool......no prisoner and no Halloween eddie, nothing good
Thanks for that event, shitest ever :mad:

To NF: if you make an event and see so many disapointed players, there is a problem, think to that for future if you want players in your game :)

PS: chance to have a prisoner is 1/500 and with that souls 1/450? lol
I don't know who take the decisions but he make a bad job
Jus see the numbers of old players who is "taking a break"......

Dank Brew
11-02-2017, 05:34 PM
I just want to say, Hallowed be thy name is an Iron maiden staple. It is simply one of the best from their entire collection. Hands down.

You guys fucking blew it. This is the worst event to date.

Dank Brew
11-02-2017, 05:36 PM
you blew it!

yeah yeah I know, "please refrain from using overly large font in the forum". Until you listen to us, I won't listen to you. So please refrain from sending me a private message admin. Thanks

Dank Brew
11-02-2017, 05:56 PM
Holy crap I got a soul drop. How exciting to get another 3* character that I can get from a REGULAR SOUL.

blade685
11-02-2017, 06:07 PM
i see only one game with Nodding Frog Ltd in the store, i understand more the situation :D

Patrice-1201
11-02-2017, 09:52 PM
This is just wrong I made about 10 Tier 6 Sacrifices and depleted most of my roster, got 5 Vortex and spent hours farming BNW Xand not a single Hallowed Eddie where some people got 4 of him.

Maybe you should just let us buy the characters and focus on game play.

When I heard my grand father passed away today I was so depressed that I even sacrificed my fully sharded CG and Nomad and still nothing.

I am
Obviously sad and not myself today but I am so disappointed.

Why don’t you let us have the Eddies and chase the allies, we are Maiden fans after all. I know that currently the only think we play for is grinding to get chars but this game will be more fun if it was fun to play and rewarding. I have wasted so much money and precious time with family that I don’t know what to do. When I read Sparton’s comments that a Hallowed Soul is worth 100 ironite and understand that our time and dedication means nothing to them, I simply want to give up.

I am waiting for one more disappointment with the Trooper Soul and then will pull the plug.

Sorry about the rant, I am sad and depressed but it had to come out. I could not even find comfort in the game today...

T-Man
11-02-2017, 11:13 PM
This is just wrong I made about 10 Tier 6 Sacrifices and depleted most of my roster, got 5 Vortex and spent hours farming BNW Xand not a single Hallowed Eddie where some people got 4 of him.

When I heard my grand father passed away today I was so depressed that I even sacrificed my fully sharded CG and Nomad and still nothing.

I am

Why don’t you let us have the Eddies and chase the allies, we are Maiden fans after all. I know that currently the only think we play for is grinding to get chars but this game will be more fun if it was fun to play and rewarding. I have wasted so much money and precious time with family that I don’t know what to do. When I read Sparton’s comments that a Hallowed Soul is worth 100 ironite and understand that our time and dedication means nothing to them, I simply want to give up.

I am waiting for one more disappointment with the Trooper Soul and then will pull the plug.

Sorry about the rant, I am sad and depressed but it had to come out. I could not even find comfort in the game today...

Deepest condolences Patrice. :(

kkkreg5
11-03-2017, 12:32 AM

I am

Condolences Patrice. May your Grandfather rest in peace.

It is absolutely true that this so called "game" is no longer enjoyable and also truly saddening that you could not find a distraction in this "game" today. Peace be with you and your family.

bort
11-03-2017, 01:07 AM
Well here we are at yet the end of another wonderful "Arrrr Souls" event
and well lets face it...Its been by far the worst event in the game so far
ill be honest here and say im verry disappointed at the results but more so at myself for playing and wasting every resource i had available

Yep, pretty much the same for me. I cycled everything I could, spent 4-5m gold I had sitting around in redeeming souls or powering up characters to toss in the pit. I ended up with skill shards (actually quite a few), and a handful of 4* characters I was missing (between this event and last).

This event, though, I didn't pull any of the featured characters, even with 50-55 halloween souls and 70-80 G/A souls. I figure I would have at least hit a FotD eddie.

I asked in a previous post about the supposed drop rate % from leval 1-10? regarding this event and the souls and we still have no answer

They're not going to give us this, but I did record ~130 runs of GoF IX, and the drop rates weren't terrible. I got two rage talismen out of all of it, a few strike and thorn sets.

... whats even worse is the macl errors and game "hanging" just freezes wont error out wont do anything.

I did plenty of runs on GoL IX to try to find halloween souls (droprate was maybe 10%?). Because the souls themselves weren't available for ironite, I spent it instead on refills. I had enough crashes that I lost maybe two fills worth of ironite (60). I understand crashes from time to time, but when you have an event dropping limited items for a short period of time that has a history of crashing, maybe you should make sure you have all the errors sorted first.

Now, a lot of people have been voicing their opinions on how this was a terrible event. I'm going to agree, but its not because I didn't pull any of the "featured" toons (though I figured I should have, with the amount of souls I cycled through).

From now until November 2nd, 5 PM PT, we’ve add a special orange-and-black Halloween Soul to celebrate Halloween and the release of Hallowed Eddie. This soul guarantees a 3 to 5 star character of any class, in addition to an increased chance of these highlight characters:

Hallowed Eddie (5 star Gunner) NEW!: A single target attacker who can provide a wide variety of potent positive and negative effects to become an unkillable machine.
The Prisoner (5 star Gunner): A single target attacker which can Stun or Seal an enemy and has a passive which can automatically inflict Passive Disabled on all enemies.
Fear of the Dark Eddie (4 star Sentinel): An all enemy negative effect caster who can guarantee inflicting certain negative effects for enemies below 50% HP.

Sounds great, right? Especially The Prisoner, a long sought after toon that some of us don't have yet, despite how long we've been playing.

While not everyone will immediately get such a rare and powerful character, we wanted to improve the chances for all players to capitalize on this increased chance. As such, this soul is not available for Ironite.

Ok, sure, don't want to give the veterans an advantage - want to get the new people to have a good chance too.

Instead, we have added these store purchase options for this soul in the Specials tab:

Well "new" players will really only be able to do the trooper badges, and maybe one of the iron coins one. They certainly won't have enough gold to spend 2m per soul - I certainly didn't and I'm not "new". So the "Specials" were still mostly for veterans. I didn't have a problem getting both the iron coin souls and the trooper badges souls immediately.

In addition to being available in the store, every successful clear of a Brave New World floor has a chance to drop a Halloween Soul! The higher floors will have a better chance than lower floors, so we hope you refined your strategies earlier this month to snag a few more Halloween Souls.

Well, this is not for new players. I got maybe a 10% drop rate on floor IX, something a "new" player will probably not be able to grind reliably, or at all. These were pretty much out of reach for new players completely.

Finally, these souls are also available from the Sacrifice feature! All sacrifices that achieve Tier IV and above have a chance of rewarding a Halloween Soul, and if you achieve a Vortex, you’re guaranteed 5 Halloween Souls in addition to normal Vortex rewards!

While I was able to get a bunch of souls by using saved sacrifice bait, including cycling the vortex once or twice, most "new" players would not have the excess toons to do that. Another swing and a miss on availability for "all players".

I don't see what removing them from being purchased with ironite did - the drop options you replaced it with certainly did not help out "all players".

kkkreg5
11-03-2017, 01:26 AM
I don't see what removing them from being purchased with ironite did - the drop options you replaced it with certainly did not help out "all players".

It functioned as intended...

Sidney
11-03-2017, 01:32 AM

I am

So sorry for your loss Patrice! I lost the last of my Grandparents many years ago and I have one of his cardigan sweaters on the back of my chair at work and I wear it all the time when it's too cold in the office. People joke and call me Mr. Rodgers, but I don't care. I loved my Grandfather and having the sweater on me or on the back of my char reminds me of him every day. I think he'd be proud! Sorry again for your loss... it's never easy... :-(

Witkacy
11-03-2017, 01:43 AM

I am

Patrice...

Sorry to hear about your loss... My condolences...

As for the game... Well... You've heard the devs - we are supposed to ''have a CHANCE to get the soul and then have a CHANCE to get the character'' with these ''events''... I think that these words spoken in a moment of truth can sum up everything pretty great in this matter... No matter what you do - it not gonna help you in any way, unless you'll be ''lucky'' enough to meet all these chances and pray to be on your side... Obviously far too much chances to beat for me - as I said before - done with sacfrificing (good) toons for good - even if they're dupes ones... I am just sick to give it everyting away for a ''chance''... Pure waste of time and resources...

This it totally not fair that they will give you the requirements to get something, you fill them and still even not have the chance to get what you want, because you had not enough nomen omen ''chances''...

Hang on out there, my friend...

W

UPDATE:

I've done with the arena either... Since some time I am NOT willing to play there too excessively... Mainly because that I am still where I am and CAN'T do any progress not having certain toons... Sure thing I am coping somehow playing myself (untill now) but can't be responsible for the remotely playing on my behalf... So some days ago have decided that will be doing EXACTLY ONE battle per day just for daily rewards... And what is happening since three days? I am loosing my one and only battle due to CRASHES and prompts: ''Sorry, but the Legacy Of The Beast has stopped working'' (with only exception of yesterday - my good day - so allowed myself to play two battles - both being won)... Can you be that ''lucky''? Sure thing now I got the ''DEFEAT'' despite I just haven't seen the arena...

More and more signs to stop wasting my time upon this badly crafted game... For now I'll give myself 3 days break...

Amarthir
11-03-2017, 01:52 AM
Well I still haven't pulled Hallowed Eddie, or the Prisoner from souls. I guess I'll just wait a little longer to see either of them.

On a brighter note, I pulled a shiny new Nomad from a red soul a few minutes ago, so that's pretty great.

GotN
11-03-2017, 04:34 AM

I am

Patrice, this is so sad! You have my deepest sympathy and may your grandpa Rest In Peace! Could feel every word you wrote and you don’t have to apologize for anything!

For this game: it is not about us, the Maiden Fans or the community for a long time, just business. And more and more BAD business! They will never listen to us! Only thing they care about is getting our money and even if they have it (I will never give em a fucking cent!) you often get bad rewards for it! Long time much devotedly players? NF doesn’t need this! They don’t know that Iron Maiden is something special for us! For them it’s just a brand name to which they have no relation. They suck it out and even don’t know what they do in the holy name of this great band! Shame on you NF!!!!!

MoonShadow
11-03-2017, 10:58 AM
@Patrice: Sincere condolences, may he rest in peace. :(

Soooo... the Mega Event is over... and I'm afraid that most of us are left here with a BIG disappointment. Sorry, devs, but it was a complete failure of a special event and I'm not sure that the RNG is the only to blame.

And I tought of this in comparisson with the last year's Halloween event:

2016 - I didn't got Fear of the Dark Eddie or all of the pumpkins, only the Warrior one, but -> I've had a LOT of FUN playing the special levels.

Fear of the Dark Eddie was and still is a iconic one, coming from the cover of one of Iron Maiden's albums, is very good designed, good attacks and special. Looks good in almost everything.

2017 - I didn't got Hallowed Eddie or some other Gunners or any good new character, but -> I've had ZERO FUN playing the BNW levels, plus the game crashed the last three days alot & the drops were horrible.

Hallowed Eddie is very bad designed, bad attacks and nothing special about special. Looks bad in almost everything, I've played him from my troopers and I didn't enjoyed it.

Patrice-1201
11-03-2017, 11:51 AM
@thisAmazingCommunity thank you all very much for your ktime nd words. It does soothe a bit bqetter than the game.

In a state of despair yesterday I skillsharded and sacrifices most of my roster to get Hallowed Eddie so have lost pretty much all my have worked to accomplish until now 130skill shards, WUR, Nomad, CG, AOF, AiP, MCR and more...

I was sad and wasn’t myself and this was a very stupid mistake. I am not sure if Support will Sir me out but this might be the end of the road for me. I’ll still play my Troopers until I make a final decision.

Thank you all so much.

satani
11-03-2017, 01:04 PM
I've said it before and i will again.
The beginnings of the halloween event - Gold and Souls and Pumpkin Sacrifice were great. I was able to get the GUR at ease and enjoyed the beginning. I skipped the ACOxC event as i already had him on all devices and never used him. Pumpkin Slaughter was great for harvesting skill shards. (On some devices, i still have 70-80 lying and waiting). The pvp event was were it went tricky. I liked the new changes on characters (not the fact that Magus Valkyre was made accessible via souls - i thought she was exclusive?) The addition of new characters served well and the ritual souls quickly drained my ironites, but i got some characters worth it. It was hard to get the sentinel priestess but at least on one device, i got her. And then this "hallowed" event.... The option to obtain halloween souls not via ironite was good, but that's where it ended. Earning souls via sacrifice? Just after i sacrificed almost every unused character to get the pumpkins before? All i could archive was one sacrifice, that luckily filled my vortex. Otherwise i would have gained nothing. The droprates for halloween souls at dragon levels was WAY to low! I played GoF X and got 1 soul on over 15 runs! Not to mention, out of 250 halloween souls, all i got were TWO 4*s, the rest were only 3*! Pure waste of SoT's!
Only plus side of the last event were the new missions, which helped me to archive GPD on all devices, plus some legendary souls via fragments. I'm glad that hallowed eddie is nothing special!

Nicko
11-03-2017, 02:19 PM
Patrice

First - my sincerest condolences on the passing of your grandfather. Even though it's the natural order of life - it's never, ever easy to wrap your head around. I hope you and your family are doing ok.

Second - I think you need a break. And I speak from experience.

At the end of the day - this is a game. It's not Maiden's music - or the band - it's controlling and collecting cartoons on a phone. When my mom passed it was the most difficult time of my life - and ultimately I found meaning in her passing. Right now you have the contrast of what matters - family - with what doesn't matter - a video game.

Use it for perspective.

The several week break I took was one of the best things i've done in this game. Heck, I was still "top 10" last week playing fairly casually. I'm not sure my brain will handle the dedication it takes to be top 3 again - let alone eternal - but if I do make that decision it's a choice - not a compulsion.

If I were you I'd do the same. I've been reading your comments in this thread and seems like you're at that point.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Tridimensionale
11-03-2017, 05:36 PM
Really sorry for your loss Patrice... my condolences
Nothing to add to what others said..

Sparton_LOTB
11-03-2017, 06:08 PM
I would have normally locked this thread around the time the event ended, but given the subject matter of much of the discussion towards the end of it, I felt it would have been in poor taste to shut it down abruptly.

I see that Patrice has made a new thread over here (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9128-Thank-you-all-so-much), though, so I'll take this moment to direct people there and to lock the thread now.

I was blessed with having more grandparents than most people would, but I've now lost all but one. Losing family is never easy. My deepest condolences, Patrice.