PDA

View Full Version : November Events Teaser Discussion

Sparton_LOTB
11-03-2017, 10:09 PM

The November Events Teaser has been released, teasing the events that are coming this month!

Save up those Trooper Badges! Before the month is over, 20,000 will get you the new Trooper Soul. This Soul contains the exclusive new Trooper-themed characters.

Sparton_LOTB
11-03-2017, 10:10 PM
One other important detail: we have become aware of some of the data for upcoming events have leaked. While we can appreciate discussion around this, please be aware that much of the data being shown is placeholder, so we would prefer you refrain from posting images of that non-final content.

Amarthir
11-03-2017, 10:12 PM
New events sound like lots of fun. I cant help but mention the trooper souls though. Trooper Eddie looks like a total beast!

blade685
11-03-2017, 10:18 PM
new surprise content, better than the horrible last event i think :cool:

MisterEly
11-03-2017, 10:23 PM
Looks great! We finally get our Trooper Ed, along with what looks like a nice selection of toons. Events look nice too. I'm pleased, NF. Bring it, November!

Dank Brew
11-03-2017, 10:27 PM
Before I found this thread, I was angry since we were supposed to have a warning when trooper soul was released. Now I see that it actually IS a warning I'm calm and a bit excited to be honest...

Of course, Trooper eddie looks badass... But to me the others seem to be more of an anime style, but whatever.

Isn't there already a sentinel alliance general?? With some pretty damn similar stuff?? lol whats up with that?

Kaz_LOTB
11-03-2017, 10:31 PM
Isn't there already a sentinel alliance general?? With some pretty damn similar stuff?? lol whats up with that?

As mentioned in the previous thread, the data that is currently displayed is incorrect so the names and skills shown are not representative of the final characters.

-Kaz

Yup
11-03-2017, 10:32 PM
Salivating for Trooper Eddie.. if he's real :)

blade685
11-03-2017, 10:33 PM
20000 pts to have a soul if yes it is good to force troopers to do 25 daily pts like i did since the beginning of the game :)
Perhaps the return of warriors eddie because others are better for now

Digitalblaze
11-03-2017, 10:33 PM
all smoke n mirrors i reckon just force feed more (Arrrrh Soul) events Trooper eddide shouldn't have come as a chance at a soul for 20k trooper points
he should have been implemented similar to grim reaper eddide and actually earned through as serious of challenging trooper specific missions ect. I can see it taking players many many months of dupes too get him and having the forums explode like hallowed eddie event and eternals...

Legacy of the pokemon beast gotta catch em all

personally im once i get trooper im taking a LONG BREAK ive been planing it for some time

Amarthir
11-03-2017, 10:39 PM
As mentioned in the previous thread, the data that is currently displayed is incorrect so the names and skills shown are not representative of the final characters.

-Kaz
But the moves for Trooper Eddie, are they final?

20000 pts to have a soul if yes it is good to force troopers to do 25 daily pts like i did since the beginning of the game :)
Perhaps the return of warriors eddie because others are better for now
I have 8k saved right now so it doesn't seem that hard.

all smoke n mirrors i reckon just force feed more (Arrrrh Soul) events Trooper eddide shouldn't have come as a chance at a soul

Seeing as how he's finally coming out, and has ass kicking attacks, I'm very excited to see him. As for the events, by name alone, some of them sound awesome.

Kaz_LOTB
11-03-2017, 10:49 PM
But the moves for Trooper Eddie, are they final?

Nothing's final there. We'll post more details on all these characters once we're closer to release.

-Kaz

blade685
11-03-2017, 10:52 PM
Nothing's final there. We'll post more details on all these characters once we're closer to release.

-Kaz
just wait we ll see in few days or weeks certainly (it's november Event :) )

blade685
11-03-2017, 11:01 PM
new update content after trying to launch a battle
Just to retire new fragment

Wyphy
11-03-2017, 11:06 PM
20k badges to get a Trooper Soul...
With a chance to get Trooper Eddie...
Or, far more likely, one of the many other Trooper themed characters.

Sounds like a bargain to me.

bort
11-03-2017, 11:32 PM
20k badges to get a Trooper Soul...
With a chance to get Trooper Eddie...
Or, far more likely, one of the many other Trooper themed characters.

Sounds like a bargain to me.

How long does it run for? If its a limited time event a lot of us are gonna be screwed :(

zamasu
11-04-2017, 12:08 AM
I remember a few eerks ago when they teased Trooper eddie that he will be available from trooper souls. They will work the same way eternity soul works, you buy X amount of fragments every week and hopefully you can earn more doing some other stuff. There will be a one time offer to buy one trooper soul for 20,000 trooper points (just like the eternity soul for 20K iron coins). Trooper soul will be a permanent addition to the game

GotN
11-04-2017, 12:14 AM
I remember a few eerks ago when they teased Trooper eddie that he will be available from trooper souls. They will work the same way eternity soul works, you buy X amount of fragments every week and hopefully you can earn more doing some other stuff. There will be a one time offer to buy one trooper soul for 20,000 trooper points (just like the eternity soul for 20K iron coins). Trooper soul will be a permanent addition to the game

Sounds great and looking very forward to it! Thanks for the info zamasu!

Jofer16
11-04-2017, 02:03 AM
Yay! Is the 20k soul a repeatable purchase? If not and I don't get him I'm challenging Sparton to a sharded glass knuckle fight Kickboxer style.

https://youtu.be/X4bgXH3sJ2Q

kkkreg5
11-04-2017, 03:50 AM
Sure hope the system to exchange dupe souls is implemented before the Trooper Eddie event. If players get dupes of the same character other than Trooper Eddie like Eternals, there will be a full scale revolt that will make the Hallowed Eddie debacle pale by comparison. This month could make or break this "game"...

PaquitoChep
11-04-2017, 04:32 AM
Ahhh excited as usual, hope to don't be disappointed as usual :)

hold
11-04-2017, 09:17 AM
Ahhh excited as usual, hope to don't be disappointed as usual :)

After the small update yesterday the game on my device is highly unstable (Android - Nexus). It feels like the game is having hickups - almost impossible to time moves right.

I also lost a fight when a VH of the enemy triggered fury and a Beezle attack more or less simultaneuously ... the game did not show any buttons anymore and only 2/3 of the screen filled like it does when fury kicks in. It's really hard to believe that in 4 month of my absence absolutely nothing changed in development quality.

I could try a reinstall because game has swollen again to 1,4 GByte but honestly I can't be arsed. I can't remember any software that needed so many reinstalls than this piece of crap ... absolutely ridiculous.

I also lost track of what is a bug and what is supposed to work like: Opponent attacks - my WNBOL takes revenge - her/his green Mayan Priestess revenges back?! Is this normal now? Are we back to Ping Pong PVP?

thealchemist
11-04-2017, 10:00 AM
So we've gone from being promised trooper eddie from a trooper soul for 40-50k trooper badges to a chance to get trooper eddie for 20k? how many times can we buy this soul? will trooper eddie be available from others souls eventually or just this one? I'm currently at 37K so already have enough but seems maybe I should have bought more skill shards when I had the chance. Seems trooper eddie will be another eddie I won't have...

wickerman being the first fragment event, thats okay means I get give it a miss which is good. the next few sound interesting. "bugle sounds" I guess thats when we can buy the trooper soul. then another arena event where I wont be able to get the main character again, umm I'll pass thanks. some good things and some bad things coming up.

PerthEddie
11-04-2017, 10:50 AM
Yay! Is the 20k soul a repeatable purchase?

I am wondering that as well? I am sat on 80000 Trooper points right now with more to bank before the characters are released.

Ancient Mariner
11-04-2017, 02:21 PM
I've seen several comments about the upcoming Trooper Eddie being cool and such..but where do you guys see this? Surely not from the first page where i can just see a list of the next events

kkkreg5
11-04-2017, 02:35 PM
I've seen several comments about the upcoming Trooper Eddie being cool and such..but where do you guys see this? Surely not from the first page where i can just see a list of the next events

There was some game data that was "accidentally leaked" yesterday. A few were able to see it. NF quickly sent a patch to correct...

Bradata
11-04-2017, 02:45 PM

I posted a photo of him but NF removed it and asked us not to post any more pictures of the leaked characters again. They all looked cool and hopefully will have cool moves.
Cheers!

Nicko
11-04-2017, 03:05 PM
Kaz was very very clear on how this would work.

He said it would be a one time purchase - likely 40-50k badges - BUT THAT NUMBER WAS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

After that you would have the opportunity to purchase fragments similar to the Eternals

They were also emphatic you should NOT horde Trooper badges - you should spend them down - as store limits were coming and they would announce Trooper Eddie with plenty of notice - that way you could save your badges after he was announced and get the one time purchase when he was svailable.

I don’t see how the developers could have been any more clear on this. And I’m GLAD he’s less points than anticipated - perhaps they have some other goodies in the store as well.

Nicko
11-04-2017, 03:09 PM
Hi guys,

Just wanted to chime in to explain a few things regarding the reinstating of limits in the Trooper Shop.

First of all, this is not a change being made in isolation. There are many updates and changes to the game that will be rolling out over the next few months and these limits are just a part of balancing the flow of resources in the economy given those changes. Without getting into too much detail or revealing exact dates, here is a preview of some of the content and features related specifically to this change that we are in the process of developing:

We are in the process of looking at speeding up the use of Troopers, and of playing quests in general, which will increase the speed and ease of earning Trooper Badges.

There are more items coming to the Trooper shop within the next few months, including the long heralded Trooper Soul. Our current plan is to offer a one-time, high cost Trooper Soul as well as the farmable weekly fragment option. The price has not been finalized for this Soul, but generally speaking it should not exceed the cost of using 50 troopers over a 5 week period (i.e. between 40K-to-50K Badges) though this is tentative and could change. In regards to how much heads up you'll have about when to start saving up, we are also going to start advertising what events are planned for the month in the News Feed to give people a better idea of what's to come. In theory, by the time we announce the release of this soul, you should have enough time to save up for at least one pull or at least dramatically shorten the time it will take for it.

With many upcoming events, we are looking for ways to ensure all players have some way of working towards the event rewards outside of just using the ironite or souls they have on hand. To that end there will be many events which will be making more use of all 3 shops in the game in new ways (Arena, Troopers, and Gold Shops). For this to work, we need to make the shops more consistent with each other so that something like unlimited access to rare souls doesn't completely break the economy of the game as it will imbalance the value of various activities and game modes.

In short, with some of the upcoming changes, you'll still be able to earn the same amount of resources, if not much more, but you won't have to dedicate as much energy and time to things like using Troopers. Instead, via events and upcoming features, there should be more of a perceptible cadence to where you can ideally spend you time to maximize your rewards in the game. Yes, this does mean you can't hoard points to buy souls / shards in bulk, but this is also the reason we are communicating these changes now. If you have large stores of Trooper Badges saved up, you may want to consider spending them now as, outside of the aforementioned Trooper Soul, there won't be much reason to save them.

Hopefully that helps explain that particular change. Sparton and I will try and be around on the forums today to answer any additional questions regarding this or other updates from the patch preview notes.

Cheers,

-Kaz

Bradata
11-04-2017, 03:13 PM
Trooper Eddie is not guaranteed, it says that for 20k you get a soul out of the 4 available but still 25% chance isn't bad. Knowing my luck, I pulled Eternity Eddie after 9 or 10 tries, the Trooper probably is gonna elude me for a long time :p

Nicko
11-04-2017, 03:41 PM
Hard to believe he can top VHE.

My bet is one of the other toons will be the star.

Liebhild
11-04-2017, 03:45 PM
If Trooper Eddie will be also random, then NF is more idiotic as i thought.

Bradata
11-04-2017, 03:53 PM
Hard to believe he can top VHE.

My bet is one of the other toons will be the star.
I think you'll be correct as always ;)
I saw some of the descriptions on their moves and if they are even 50% true, they WILL be better than The Trooper Eddie. I mean that they probably will do good in PVP which is what most of us care about right now :rolleyes:

If Trooper Eddie will be also random, then NF is more idiotic as i thought.
I think it says on the post from Sparton that you'll have a soul out of the 4 new ones for 20k badges but it will be a random pull. Sorry!

JJJ428
11-04-2017, 03:56 PM
Part of me wishes they would put dates with these some times I am looking at how many events they are going to be and the last one is cyborg Monday which probably means the 27th. I have no idea how they are going to get all these events in this month. The frag events usually run monday through thursday for the 3 lol stages. Guessing the arena event will span two weeks again. This is going to be a jam packed month.

Kardas
11-04-2017, 05:02 PM
Looks pretty interesting alright. I wouldn't be surprised The Wicker Man is this month's fragment event toon. He's great for PVE though, so that's nice. Too bad I'm still hoping for Hellhound.
I also have a feeling The Alchemist will show up as a character, and linked to the Strange Alchemy Sac event. Will be interesting how that goes.
Finally, I'm thinking that Charge Begins PVP event will allow people to collect Trooper Soul fragments.
No clue on that Shattered Soul event though.
Also curious about Cyborg Monday. Too bad he's the only 5* Gunner I have already. Oh well, maybe next time.

MetalKing
11-04-2017, 05:36 PM
I'm up to 25 k trooper badges. It takes me a while to earn them due to my job schedule. Think I should go for 40? If someone can clarify if the trooper soul is a one time purchase of 20k or is it 20k a pop?

JJJ428
11-04-2017, 05:53 PM
I am pretty sure it was stated the 20K purchase was going to be a one time deal. But then there will be weekly limits on getting trooper soul fragments using more trooper points.

Sparton_LOTB
11-04-2017, 06:22 PM
Thanks to Nicko for digging up and reposting some of our earlier comments on the Trooper Soul; you can check out those posts from Nicko here (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9132-November-Events-Teaser-Discussion&p=60631&viewfull=1#post60631) and here (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9132-November-Events-Teaser-Discussion&p=60632&viewfull=1#post60632).

Yay! Is the 20k soul a repeatable purchase? If not and I don't get him I'm challenging Sparton to a sharded glass knuckle fight Kickboxer style.

I'm up to 25 k trooper badges. It takes me a while to earn them due to my job schedule. Think I should go for 40? If someone can clarify if the trooper soul is a one time purchase of 20k or is it 20k a pop?

I am pretty sure it was stated the 20K purchase was going to be a one time deal. But then there will be weekly limits on getting trooper soul fragments using more trooper points.

It will be a one-time purchase, but there are going to be other opportunities to accelerate getting to another Trooper Soul.

JJJ is also correct, though, that there'll be Trooper Soul Fragments which will be a limited per week purchase that'll be added when the Trooper Soul is available. Additionally, we'll have other goodies that will be available for Trooper Badges, so having a bit more than 20k might be desirable, depending on what other stuff you wanna be prepared to capitalize on.

Sure hope the system to exchange dupe souls is implemented before the Trooper Eddie event. If players get dupes of the same character other than Trooper Eddie like Eternals, there will be a full scale revolt that will make the Hallowed Eddie debacle pale by comparison. This month could make or break this "game"...

That feature will exist by the time the Soul is released, but more details on that feature will be announced when the feature arrives.

JJJ428
11-04-2017, 06:36 PM
Sparton just to be clear the dupe feature is just for trooper and eternity souls?

Sparton_LOTB
11-04-2017, 06:48 PM
Sparton just to be clear the dupe feature is just for trooper and eternity souls?

Yes, just those two at the feature's launch.

blade685
11-04-2017, 10:16 PM
trooper Eddie can be cool to finally have a new Eddie (perhaps) after Halloween "bad" joke, wicker man (never use it there are better toons) and cyborg ( he is good for farming with the good team ) no need bad choice again for me :rolleyes:
We ll see other events

Tridimensionale
11-05-2017, 10:55 AM

Wait.. what ? really ? system to exchange dupe would be awesome...

Edit : i saw Sparton post about it.. only for eternal/trooper souls.. better than nothing i guess

JJJ428
11-05-2017, 11:19 AM
The dupe system is just to help us complete Eternity souls and trooper souls for now.

blade685
11-05-2017, 11:35 AM
The dupe system is just to help us complete Eternity souls and trooper souls for now.

unfortunately yes :)

kkkreg5
11-05-2017, 03:37 PM
Wait.. what ? really ? system to exchange dupe would be awesome...

Edit : i saw Sparton post about it.. only for eternal/trooper souls.. better than nothing i guess

Yep. Better than nothing....

scott-5496
11-06-2017, 11:28 AM
I am pretty happy with all of the proposals to be fair to the team. I need my Cyborg as he is always will be my fave Eddie - so if that event is purely to get him I will be over the moon! I have a lot of Trooper points saved so that is good and I really want Clair too so a dupe system for both of these souls events are appreciated as I have had several dupes of Eternity and Wrath and only one of Beelz so Clair is my big want for PVP at the moment.

All in all I am very pleased with this news and looking forward to them starting up.

Cheers

T-Man
11-08-2017, 01:27 AM
Late to the party here, but November's events look very exciting! Trooper souls and more! Hoping to finally get the Cyborg as well! He has eluded me too long.

Sparton, Kaz can you tell us how long the 20k trooper soul purchase window will be open? Will it remain open until we make that purchase, or would it just be for say a week? Trying to decide if I want to keep purchasing skill shards until then.

Thanks.

Ancient Mariner
11-08-2017, 09:49 PM
unfortunately yes :)

"Unfortunately"?

Are you guys sure you want the chance to exchange every dupe between players? That would mean that in something like 1 week, all of us would have all the same characters: no more difference between players, no more fun "hunting" those characters we want so bad..where would be the fun in playing then? I think i would get bored, don't know about the others

Imho it's a good thing that they'll introduce this feature only for special souls (and i'm not sure i'd want that aswell)

Anyways, looking at the upcoming events, i don't get when they are gonna take place, cause unless i've mistaken the first post, i'm assuming that each row is a different event and if so, it means they're going to be 6 this month right? So in this case, more than one per week?

Amarthir
11-08-2017, 10:01 PM
Anyways, looking at the upcoming events, i don't get when they are gonna take place, cause unless i've mistaken the first post, i'm assuming that each row is a different event and if so, it means they're going to be 6 this month right? So in this case, more than one per week?

Yes honestly I wish they would have dates on their "calenders" that tell us when the next event starts. I've been sitting on pins and needles waiting for the Strange Alchemy event to start. Got almost 500 common souls sitting in my Book just in case.

Sparton_LOTB
11-08-2017, 10:16 PM
Sparton, Kaz can you tell us how long the 20k trooper soul purchase window will be open? Will it remain open until we make that purchase, or would it just be for say a week? Trying to decide if I want to keep purchasing skill shards until then.

It will be one time only, but always available until you've made that one time purchase, so if you wanna hold off, you'll have the freedom to.

Some events/promotions overlap with others, so yeah, in some cases there'll be two events running at once (maybe even 3 at once, depending on how things line up?..).

Yes honestly I wish they would have dates on their "calenders" that tell us when the next event starts. I've been sitting on pins and needles waiting for the Strange Alchemy event to start. Got almost 500 common souls sitting in my Book just in case.

We avoid dates for this partially for the mystery, but also partially because some things may not have start or end dates set in stone... this month in particular has quite a few events that fall into that category.

Dr. Dee's event will be starting quite soon, though...

druid138
11-08-2017, 10:19 PM
Damn, Sparton, you beat me to it regarding specific dates on the calendar:

I have dealt in mysteries and trickery, of light to entertain

Dank Brew
11-08-2017, 11:31 PM
Dr. Dee's event will be starting quite soon, though...

Who is Dr. Dee? Maybe I'm just missing out on some slang?

druid138
11-08-2017, 11:38 PM
Who is Dr. Dee?

Keeper of the books
Master of the tides
Plunderer of time
Summoner of the spirits

One who will return

The Alchemist

MrFreeze
11-08-2017, 11:39 PM
Who is Dr. Dee? Maybe I'm just missing out on some slang?

The alchemist must be Doctor Detroit!

https://youtu.be/aTy8SMXrA_c

Yup
11-09-2017, 01:48 AM
Here's an idea for a November event... Make the game actually load rather than presenting an error EVERY TIME.

T-Man
11-09-2017, 02:02 AM
It will be one time only, but always available until you've made that one time purchase, so if you wanna hold off, you'll have the freedom to.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

Dank Brew
11-09-2017, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I know... I'm an idiot for that question lol.
The alchemist of course.

JJJ428
11-16-2017, 03:44 AM
I am still trying to figure out how all these other events are going to fit in yet. We have 4 events yet and only 2 weeks left assuming Cyborg Monday is November 27th.

druid138
11-16-2017, 04:12 AM
I am still trying to figure out how all these other events are going to fit in yet. We have 4 events yet and only 2 weeks left assuming Cyborg Monday is November 27th.

Same here. Though, it's possible that Charge Begins will overlap with Cyborg Monday, perhaps starting on the preceeding Saturday, the 25th. That would give a little more cushion than what we may otherwise be thinking.

Plus, Charge Begins may begin only a day or two after Bugle Sounds, which may represent the introduction of the Trooper Soul (with Charge Begins providing opportunities to earn Trooper Soul fragments). Who knows? But, excitement is definitely building!

Amarthir
11-16-2017, 04:35 AM
Same here. Though, it's possible that Charge Begins will overlap with Cyborg Monday, perhaps starting on the preceeding Saturday, the 25th. That would give a little more cushion than what we may otherwise be thinking.

Plus, Charge Begins may begin only a day or two after Bugle Sounds, which may represent the introduction of the Trooper Soul (with Charge Begins providing opportunities to earn Trooper Soul fragments). Who knows? But, excitement is definitely building!

I can't tell if the Bugle Sounds and The Charge Begins is the same event or not.

Personally, I'm hoping for the Bugle Sounds to start this Saturday, because of NF's recent history of pushing out updated on the 19th of the last 2 months. If they put out the update on a Saturday, and then start The Bugle Sounds, it seems pretty convenient.

JJJ428
11-16-2017, 11:13 AM
Thats kind of what I was hoping. That the bugle sounds is just trooper souls being releases and the charge begins is the actual event. I was hoping it would be contained within a week but if that's the case we kind of need dark ritual to happen soon. I was thinking once strange alchemy ended that's when dark ritual was going to start up. Maybe it will start tonight or tomorrow guess we will see.

Dank Brew
11-16-2017, 06:58 PM
Trooper Eddie!! I hope he lives up to his name... The excitement really is building.. I have 13 skillshards saved for him. No matter what I'm going to fully shard him when i eventually get him. I'm sure I'll get someone else first summon though, that's just my luck lol

Dank Brew
11-16-2017, 06:59 PM
Anyone want to take bets on his skillshard count? I'm gonna go with 28

Bradata
11-16-2017, 07:43 PM
Anyone want to take bets on his skillshard count? I'm gonna go with 28

I actually had a chance to look at him during the leaked data and I think I saw no more than 21

GotN
11-16-2017, 08:03 PM
I actually had a chance to look at him during the leaked data and I think I saw no more than 21

Have exactly 21 in reserve atm. Must be an omen :D

Dank Brew
11-16-2017, 08:13 PM

Sparton did mention that might not be the final solution of those toons. One of them was even a sentinel alliance general whom already exists lol. He might have different skills that what was originally shown.

URock
11-17-2017, 11:59 AM

August 2016...

JJJ428
11-17-2017, 12:02 PM
November 2017 is technically the future. :)

IceManFerrar
11-17-2017, 12:56 PM

August 2016...

Looks a lot like Eternity Eddie?

Coletrain
11-17-2017, 01:30 PM

I am certainly interested to see how the events fall with less than 2 weeks until the end of the month. The only unfortunate thing is that an event or even multiple events are likely to fall on the Thanksgiving holiday which means reduced playtime for those that celebrate and have family time. Hopefully they are longer events (like the arena event) to give more time to get those rewards.

Fister
11-17-2017, 11:06 PM
I can't complain. The last two weeks I have pulled at least 6 5* Eddies. All dupes (cyborg still eluding me), but they still means next full vortex is near. On top of that I've pulled lots of 4* toons and Eddies. Some of the toons were new. Warrior Corrupt Rescuer and Gunner Hellraiser comes in mind.

Cya in the arena 😎

JJJ428
11-17-2017, 11:23 PM
Oh my gosh I just got an early drop on dark ritual starting. We are getting double the drop for 4 and 5 stars the next couple days. All those souls I saved it are going to heavily pay off now.

blade685
11-17-2017, 11:32 PM
Oh my gosh I just got an early drop on dark ritual starting. We are getting double the drop for 4 and 5 stars the next couple days. All those souls I saved it are going to heavily pay off now.

it s for new souls not old that have fix toon inside no?

JJJ428
11-17-2017, 11:44 PM
I think they have said before your soul is determined when you drop it in the book of souls not when you get it. The thing that caused people to believe you get the character when you get the soul is because of people trying to exploit a reset glitch when they drop the soul and would get the same soul every time. I know I am not explaining this right but perhaps someone else can give a little better back ground to it. All I know is the devs have confirmed the character you get is when the soul is dropped into the book of souls.

Yup
11-17-2017, 11:50 PM

Saw that.. but I took as an error and old news - previous event mistakenly showing again. :)

JJJ428
11-18-2017, 12:02 AM
I checked the timing feed and it said starting tonight right now so hoping it is official. Though not going to start dropping souls till i know for sure.

Sparton_LOTB
11-18-2017, 12:05 AM
I checked the timing feed and it said starting tonight right now so hoping it is official. Though not going to start dropping souls till i know for sure.

It is! The Dark Ritual Celebration (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9206) has begun!

90mphyorker
11-19-2017, 02:29 AM
So Trooper Eddie on the 21st then?

JJJ428
11-21-2017, 03:10 AM
Tell me you guys have to be happy about this and these new features. I am thinking has to come out tomorrow when the event is done, at least here is to hoping anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mQMjHUFUXs

Amarthir
11-21-2017, 03:19 AM
Tell me you guys have to be happy about this and these new features. I am thinking has to come out tomorrow when the event is done, at least here is to hoping anyway.

Hopefully tomorrow. But yeah I'm pretty excited for the releases.

T-Man
11-21-2017, 03:22 AM

Looks cool to me. Thanks for posting.

R1ck
11-21-2017, 11:20 AM
With my luck I will have to summon 3 more Eternity souls to get The Clairvoyant. Will see if I get her before I quit.

URock
11-21-2017, 11:44 AM
Looks nice, but is Trooper Eddie stronger than Shaman or Samurai? If not...fail!

satani
11-21-2017, 12:24 PM
thanks for sharing the video.

Looks very promising.
So Trooper eddie will be similar to RTTH eddie or Samurai... well, his fury could change some game (Endure plus perfect immunity could come in handy!)
The other new characters seem interesting, too. Finally the Corrupt general get's a "friend" and nice to see some "soviets" characters join the game. (Azov seems creepy... "Vanish and reappear at will"? Sounds heavy.)
I like the option to directly buy the character you'd like.

Helping to clear things up: i rewatched the video and here's the prices: (subject to change? maybe)
1x 100 fragments: 650 ironite
3x 10 fragments: 500 iron coins each (so 30 for 1500)
3x 10 fragments: 2mio gold (so 30 for 6mio)
5/week 10 fragments for 300 trooper points (so 50 fragments for 1500 per week)
Trooper soul 1x 20.000 trooper points

frontier coins 100 per trooper/eternity soul 300 to get trooper eddie, azov, bastion oe warlord directly.

Sounds fair. So all you need is somehow to get 3 souls together and you can directly get the fourth character. Nice!

AAAAND he mentionned a christmas update with another NEW eddie coming.

Mariner-1212
11-21-2017, 01:27 PM
This is really exciting! Thanks for posting the video. I believe history shows that each time Lexi posts a video, the content comes out the next day. I remember that being talked about right before BNW came out the following day... right on schedule.

Some of us could have Trooper Eddie before the day is over! Thanks NF!

blade685
11-21-2017, 02:03 PM
This is really exciting! Thanks for posting the video. I believe history shows that each time Lexi posts a video, the content comes out the next day. I remember that being talked about right before BNW came out the following day... right on schedule.

Some of us could have Trooper Eddie before the day is over! Thanks NF!

but who? :D

JJJ428
11-21-2017, 02:05 PM
Maintenance at 1:30 today. Going to get trooper even earlier now. I was figuring on the daily reset.

IceManFerrar
11-21-2017, 02:48 PM
Fun times...thanks JJJ for posting the video!

dragonmat89
11-21-2017, 02:58 PM
AAAAND he mentionned a christmas update with another NEW eddie coming.

Is it just me or did it look like it could be Edward the Great? That album was my first ever Maiden purchase so I *need* that toon if it is :P

GotN
11-21-2017, 03:39 PM

This is definitely the best NF has done since the game has been released! We really can CHOOSE a character we want by collecting frontier coins! I didn’t think that I would still experience it. Have a little pee in the eyes... 😂😂😂

Nekroliun
11-21-2017, 05:03 PM
Frontier coins are the best addition to the game so far imo. RNG is fun. But getting 9 Beelzebubs in a row sure isn't.

Trooper eddie looks badass, prob gonna reinstall the game, play for about 1 week, not get anything, then delete the game.

But i gotta say if trooper can only be gotten through trooper souls, then fml.

Also warlord pulling his sword out and putting it back in is the best animation in the game.

4/5. Nekro Approves.

scott-5496
11-21-2017, 05:10 PM
This is definitely the best NF has done since the game has been released! We really can CHOOSE a character we want by collecting frontier coins! I didn’t think that I would still experience it. Have a little pee in the eyes... 😂😂😂

I think we are supposed to get no more dupes on eternal or the new trooper souls which suit me great as I want Clair as well after all the Wrath and Eternity Ed dupes.

Ancient Mariner
11-21-2017, 06:48 PM
These new features seem interesting, now if only i hadn't just summoned my last eternity soul... :(

If i knew i would have waited to summon it, so now i would have 100 more frontier coins to reach the 300 threshold, but well nevermind