PDA

View Full Version : Mission achievement bug

JJJ428
11-06-2017, 12:12 AM
I wanted to see does anyone else have some events not counting. The only one I have left is latent ability IV which is the zone talisman one. Which I hope to clear this week with help from a great trooper. But my achievements have me at 193/200. Is there really 6 more missions left for latent ability? Do I need to contact support for this?

Yup
11-06-2017, 01:20 AM
I have 2 left showing...

Latent Ability iV (zone)
Potent Combo IV (rage/hunter)

The Achievement reads 189/200

So I was assuming there were 9 left I can't see.. more popping up after I complete Potent IV and more after Latent IV.

Based on your numbers, there must be at least 2 more pop up after I complete Potent IV.

How many more appear after completing the Portent IV mission?

I also think some are well timed to extend the missions overall. Easier missions appearing after harder ones are completed. I know when I completed the one requiring Quake, 4 or 5 more appeared, all relatively easier than that one.

JJJ428
11-06-2017, 01:21 AM
After potent combo rage one you just have the lighting one and then that one disappears. I think there is a problem with the missions,

Yup
11-06-2017, 01:49 AM
Well, from my point of view there may as well be 400 left... Zone, Lightning, and Rage ,NEVER drop for me. I have 1 of each from weeks ago.. seems they are just there to tease me and waste my time on BNW.

JJJ428
11-06-2017, 04:33 PM
You want to check the other threads about missions there are some really great troopers out there that have these and they are willing to help with what ever slots they can spare

Chaosego888
11-06-2017, 05:09 PM
I have 2 left showing...

Latent Ability iV (zone)
Potent Combo IV (rage/hunter)

The Achievement reads 189/200

So I was assuming there were 9 left I can't see.. more popping up after I complete Potent IV and more after Latent IV.

Based on your numbers, there must be at least 2 more pop up after I complete Potent IV.

How many more appear after completing the Portent IV mission?

I also think some are well timed to extend the missions overall. Easier missions appearing after harder ones are completed. I know when I completed the one requiring Quake, 4 or 5 more appeared, all relatively easier than that one.
I have the same 2 left, completed 192/200

blade685
11-06-2017, 05:46 PM
I had only 3 mission 2 days ago, 2 yesterday and 1 today for Blue LOL and need to do 6 more...it can be very long if we see missions after event day to do it :)

slauki
11-06-2017, 05:59 PM
two left here and 193 in total. maybe one mission will unlock once we finish the other two?
no idea, since kamuz is the only one with the krimson dog as far as i know, he could answer these questions. would be cool if he could pop up here.

JJJ428
11-06-2017, 06:08 PM
He sent me a message last night that there is something wrong with the achievement counter. I sent an email to support last night. Waiting for a response on that one and other one I sent about my inventory stack not being able to sell anything. I did them over the weekend so want to give them a chance to look into.

Yup
11-06-2017, 06:21 PM

Since mine reads 189... yup would seem to be incorrect.

Just out of curiosity.. does the achievement number match any other achievement number for anyone?

In other words, do you have some other achievement set at 193/200? Perhaps the number is just pulling the wrong count stat. I know mine matches the "total achievements completed" achievement.

slauki
11-06-2017, 07:48 PM
fuck, according to facebook group and what i read here we all (who have only 2 missions left) should have him by now. they screwed the counter up last time too, really cannot understand how someone can make the identical mistake back to back...

yojo
11-06-2017, 08:28 PM
In my case I´m in 191/200 mission challenges and only left latent ability IV (zone talisman) and lethal force IV(garden of dimmay X with a set of strike talisman). The lethal force IV, I can´t complete because every time I played GoD X in the fourth round one of the MCR start dead and after my first attack the game is frozen. Anyone with the same problem?

Yup
11-06-2017, 08:38 PM
I did at one point have 130 fragments... which technically is impossible based on them being doled out 25 at a time.

-- game won't even load for me now though.

JJJ428
11-06-2017, 08:43 PM
Yojo I believe that glitch happens if you kill the mid boss first at wave 3. Kill the two side characters first then kill the mid boss to avoid the hang up

yojo
11-06-2017, 08:59 PM
Yojo I believe that glitch happens if you kill the mid boss first at wave 3. Kill the two side characters first then kill the mid boss to avoid the hang up

:eek::eek::eek:, I will try!!

Kamuz24z
11-06-2017, 09:05 PM
two left here and 193 in total. maybe one mission will unlock once we finish the other two?
no idea, since kamuz is the only one with the krimson dog as far as i know, he could answer these questions. would be cool if he could pop up here.

Is the same bug guys it happened to me last time the counting stop before I was able to get the Pharaoh dog nothing to do just wait for the devs to fix it

hold
11-06-2017, 09:13 PM

It is exactly like you say. This bug is in the game since BMW was introduced and like so many other old standing bugs still not fixed. Normally it should be enough if you kill the one on the right hand first.

scott-5496
11-09-2017, 10:04 AM
I was going to ask the same thing as the OP. I have two missions left Latent Ability IV (I think Pepp is going to be able to help me with this one next week as he is one of my troopers) and Potent Combo V (not sure I know anyone with Lightening) so that might be 3 left to do in total (?). I am sitting at 192/200 so yeah it looks like the devs will need to fix whatever is going on for a lot of us. One of my troopers dje has the crimson dude and he said, I think, that he got it with two missions still to complete.

Can the devs chime in here so we know this can be fixed?

Cheers

MoonShadow
11-09-2017, 01:57 PM
Same here. I have only three current missions to complete, and they are all located in the Gunner LoL.

But in the Challenges tab I'm at 190/200... that's 10 missions to complete.

What's happening?

blade685
11-09-2017, 02:04 PM
Same here. I have only three current missions to complete, and they are all located in the Gunner LoL.

But in the Challenges tab I'm at 190/200... that's 10 missions to complete.

What's happening?
good me it is one by one :) and no news from NF...

Hornetaker
11-09-2017, 03:21 PM
I cannot confirm anything because I'm still a few BNW missions short of where you are at. But in the last missions event (GPD) they had more missions than needed to finish the dog. And the counter did reset to the number needed for GPD for me when the new missions came out (-> less missions left than needed for the crimson dog). I was afraid that this will become an issue and you guys confirm my fear.

It seems like the crimson dog will elude me even longer than I thought...

Cheers, Hornet

zamasu
11-09-2017, 03:52 PM
I can confirm here. 193 with two missions left. This needs to be fixed!

calizario
11-09-2017, 05:05 PM
Same here

2 left and 192 count

RobG-9641
11-12-2017, 10:03 PM
I have completed ALL new missions and my total count is 4 Mission off. So 100% confirmed there is a bug...

blade685
11-12-2017, 10:08 PM
Hi NF there is someone to find a solution??? thanks....

Silentknight
11-12-2017, 10:11 PM
Hi NF there is someone to find a solution??? thanks....

They fixed it last time, they'll fix it again...eventually! Yeah, it's not fair...it's NF!!!

T-Man
11-13-2017, 01:04 AM
I completed all missions, and I'm at 195. 5 short.

JJJ428
11-13-2017, 01:11 AM
Same here all missions finished and stuck at 195.

bort
11-13-2017, 01:25 AM
Same here all missions finished and stuck at 195.

Same here.

Yup
11-13-2017, 09:59 AM

I wonder if I only have 189/200 showing rather than 192(3) because I as wise, equipped a toon with 2 sets of needed talismans.. and ran the missions. So I really completed 2 missions at 1 time. That may have thrown a count error... Maybe the devs never figured someone would load a toon with chance AND immortal talismans and run the mission. Or use 2 Eddies with the proper talismans.

blade685
11-13-2017, 10:02 AM
Same here.

same but at 196 lol

scott-5496
11-13-2017, 10:44 AM
I wonder if I only have 189/200 showing rather than 192(3) because I as wise, equipped a toon with 2 sets of needed talismans.. and ran the missions. So I really completed 2 missions at 1 time. That may have thrown a count error... Maybe the devs never figured someone would load a toon with chance AND immortal talismans and run the mission. Or use 2 Eddies with the proper talismans.

That may be it. I know I did this as well and I am sure others have either by design or by mistake managed to clear two or more in one run. There were several instances where that could happen for sure.

I think I have two to go (Latent Ability 4 and maybe a 5?) and I am at 193.

slauki
11-13-2017, 11:17 AM
yeah also completed everything but still at 196...i wrote to the support one week ago but didn't get an answer, which is somewhat unusual.
seems that support cannot help you there....

blade685
11-13-2017, 11:27 AM
yeah also completed everything but still at 196...i wrote to the support one week ago but didn't get an answer, which is somewhat unusual.
seems that support cannot help you there....no new from support too and no news here.
There are so good if they don't have solution no answers :rolleyes:

MoonShadow
11-13-2017, 02:18 PM
I'm at 194/200. No word from the devs. No new pet. This sucks. :)

bort
11-14-2017, 04:21 AM

I'm trying to puzzle out what the bug could have been, but I can't imagine what it could be.

1) Missions trigger automatically - if the mission you complete also fulfills a grind, they both unlock at once. This tells us that the calculations are not based on turning in the missions, but are calculated dynamically.

2) Missions complete simultaneously - if you complete a mission and it unlocks another mission that you happen to also complete (without knowing that you had it), both will be available for turning in immediately.

3) UI updates correctly and issues rewards - regardless of how the mission was completed, the UI correctly reflects it and the rewards are offered.

So far all I can come up with is that the code that increments the counter for grinds is somehow disconnected with the mission complete code. Its probably more economical to store the number of completed missions as a value instead of evaluating whatever object/array/table they're using to store the statuses of individual missions.

After some thought, the only thing I can come up with is that they have some sort of trigger on the grind value itself to give rewards, but it can't increment the value because it has been locked by the process trying to update it in the first place. The differences in values that everyone has could be accounted for by how many times we completed multiple missions at once AND the grind mission.

Yup
11-14-2017, 04:44 AM
Could be something as simple as:

if ( missionComplete == true ) { Achievement++; }

...with no consideration of the actual number of completed missions at one time. It could be a binary flag that is either true or false. Therefore if 2, 3 4, 5, etc missions are complete at the same time the flag is true and the achievement raises by 1, not by the completed mission count.

Truth is once I figured out that I could load correct talismans sets for multiple mission completions I did so as often as possible.

bort
11-14-2017, 04:47 AM
Could be something as simple as:

if ( missionComplete == true ) { Achievement++; }

...with no consideration of the actual number of completed missions at one time. It could be a binary flag that is either true or false. Therefore if 2, 3 4, 5, etc missions are complete at the same time the flag is true and the achievement raises by 1, not by the completed mission count.

Yes, but thats terrible, like intern or student level terrible. Maybe the bugs in this game are sticking around so long because its a giant mess of spaghetti code. Does iOS have a GOTO?

dragonmat89
11-14-2017, 09:13 AM
I seem to remember there being more than the requisite number of missions last time, so if you got all the shards and got the pharaoh dog then maybe it stopped counting even if you then completed the extra missions? If the new total includes those few extra missions which weren't counted at the time then that could be the reason for the short fall..?

scott-5496
11-14-2017, 10:54 AM
All of these sound like they could be the reason why. I think we next need to hear from the developers as they are the only ones who can fix it. I little concerned with the lack of any chat at all from them unless of course it is included in the next update this month. My thoughts are that new content is a lot easier to do than fixing someone else's code that was inherited from Road House days. Clearly whoever they have on the making fixes side just cant get to the solutions for some very long term issues like Prisoner not working and AoF issues never mind the countless other ones that seem to be beyond a fix. It may be that we just have to live with these as they have been around for months.

I think the vast majority of players really don't notice or care about the game or toon bugs and maybe only notice the crashes and those sorts of things. It may just be the forum people who care or are bothered to comment and we are a probably only a very tiny minority of the global players of the game.

MrFreeze
11-14-2017, 11:06 AM
Like the first set of missions, I don't think it’s the same for everyone. I’m sitting at 199 with zone and rage/hunter waiting to be done next. Last time I had completed them all but had to wait for the fix before I could claim the GPD.

They know what the problem is. Or they should at least since it’s happened before. It’s just a matter of them getting around to it. NF is Roadhouse, they inherited their own mess.

scott-5496
11-14-2017, 12:15 PM
Like the first set of missions, I don't think it’s the same for everyone. I’m sitting at 199 with zone and rage/hunter waiting to be done next. Last time I had completed them all but had to wait for the fix before I could claim the GPD.

They know what the problem is. Or they should at least since it’s happened before. It’s just a matter of them getting around to it. NF is Roadhouse, they inherited their own mess.

I did not realise they were the same people - I thought there had been significant staff changes when it went to NF. Oh well if they created it then they should be able to fix it! I did spot an article on the RH to NF thing so now I know!

Ip4
11-14-2017, 03:47 PM
Anyone know what is latent ability V?

Yup
11-14-2017, 11:28 PM
Well I completed Potent Combo IV.. and I got Potent Combo V -
LOL (G) X with Lightning + Predator equipped.
(I have predator... bit damn that lightning, only 1 of those)

Achievement reads 190/200 -- So.. no clue why anyone with these same 32 missions showing has a different achievement number.

Ip4
11-15-2017, 07:18 AM
Someone with name Godzilla already have crimson dog in pvp arena,how is that possible?

blade685
11-15-2017, 10:02 AM
Someone with name Godzilla already have crimson dog in pvp arena,how is that possible?

many players have it not us because of all that fucking bug ^^
2 or 3 of my troopers have him

scott-5496
11-16-2017, 11:20 AM
As an update to this thread I just received a message from the NF team saying that the bug is noted and will be fixed in the next update that goes out.

bort
11-21-2017, 10:38 PM
Just updated and saw that I had my last mission achievement to get 25 crimson shards - yay!

Turned in the achievement and went to ye old book of souls to find out I’m at 125/150, so a bit of a step backwards there

Fister
11-22-2017, 12:00 AM
You are not alone Bort. Experienced the same. Further more I was down to 1 SoW, so I collected the 3 from achievement. Back in the arena I find that I have still only 1. WTF!!!

At least I get E.T. ...... I mean TE in first try. 😀

Yup
11-22-2017, 12:28 AM
On the other hand... the update cured my stuck achievement and I was able to claim the dog...

T-Man
11-22-2017, 12:48 AM
You are not alone Bort. Experienced the same. Further more I was down to 1 SoW, so I collected the 3 from achievement. Back in the arena I find that I have still only 1. WTF!!!

At least I get E.T. ...... I mean TE in first try. 😀

Same here. Collected my 25 remaining frags, but they are not showing up in the Book Of souls. I also got TE on my first try!