PDA

View Full Version : Favorite eddies?

Dank Brew
08-17-2016, 07:23 PM
Hey guys, just want to start a discussion on your favorite eddies - artwork. Not necessarily the gameplay eddies. My personal favorite is the trooper Eddie... I got him tattooed on my leg about 10 years ago, still looks great! Anyone else have an iron maiden tattoo??

Bryan-3528
08-17-2016, 07:25 PM
Cyborg Eddie from Somewhere in Time for me :)

Dutch
08-17-2016, 07:27 PM
The Clansman for me

OpticSugar
08-17-2016, 07:46 PM
favorite eddies for me:

Powerslave: Being that Raiders of the Lost Ark is my favorite movie of all time, this incarnation of Eddie was very interesting to me. He just looks larger than life on that album cover. You must hold the LP in your hands to fully appreciate the art on those earlier albums. There were always loaded with little reoccurring easter eggs, for instance, on the Powerslave album, if you look closely at the hieroglyphics, it says "Indiana Jones was here", and you can see Mickey Mouse, among other things (Wot, no Guiness?)

My other favorite Eddie would be:

Somewhere In Time: Again, a big fan of the movie The Terminator... so this was just so badass. Growing up, I had a full door-sized poster of the Cyborg Eddie breaking through a doorway (what a cool concept).

It's hard to pick favorites, they're all so cool, but the best ones in my opinion were illustrated by Derek Riggs. Actually, his wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Riggs) is really interesting, and tells the story of how the first Eddie was created. It's sad how he parted ways with the band (http://ultimateclassicrock.com/iron-maiden-eddie-derek-riggs/). Egos got in the way of greatness. At one point there was a petition to restore him as the official art director once again, but it only got about 3k signatures.

Nekroliun
08-17-2016, 08:07 PM
damn it this is hard, if i had to choose id say one of these, cyborg Eddie, the number if the beast Eddie, hallowed be thy name Eddie, trooper Eddie or speed of light Eddie. Prob number of the beast eddie his hair And cloths look so good, still speed of light is really cool, and cyborg is cool, EUGH TOO HARD TO CHOOSE...

Dank Brew
08-17-2016, 08:34 PM
I agree. Riggs created Eddie... To take it away from his was pretty messed up. What an awesome poster!! Jealous lol. I had a door poster of the jimi Hendrix experience axis bold as love. I still have it somewhere