PDA

View Full Version : November 2017 Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

Sparton_LOTB
11-11-2017, 01:22 AM
This is the main post to discuss tuning changes that are in an upcoming update.

You can see the details for the preliminary tuning adjustments in the Game Updates forum post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9178).

Jofer16
11-11-2017, 01:25 AM
Buffs to the Christmas toons! I may hafta resurrect my Christmas defense team and step my foot back in arena

Silentknight
11-11-2017, 01:36 AM
Buffs to the Christmas toons! I may hafta resurrect my Christmas defense team and step my foot back in arena

Do eeeet!!!

Silentknight
11-11-2017, 01:37 AM
How about a fix for the lag screwing up perfect hits?

Sparton_LOTB
11-11-2017, 01:40 AM
How about a fix for the lag screwing up perfect hits?

We have some work on improving stability and framerate in combat coming for the next update as well, so hopefully that'll be addressed (or at least greatly diminished) on most devices in the next update.

Nicko
11-11-2017, 01:51 AM
At least you guys are owning that you over-nerfed Wrath.

And that is appreciated!

Silentknight
11-11-2017, 01:55 AM
At least you guys are owning that you over-nerfed Wrath.

And that is appreciated!
Nerf, buff, nerf, buff....really!!!

Silentknight
11-11-2017, 01:56 AM
New talismans, undisclosed game content??? Yes!!!

MisterEly
11-11-2017, 02:01 AM
The words "unannounced game mode" make me intrigued...

Liebhild
11-11-2017, 02:10 AM
I wonder why such threads exist, you give a fuck on what we say.

Amarthir
11-11-2017, 02:15 AM
I like that things are getting fixed up, there seems to be a lot of emphasis on the Christmas toons so that'll be interesting. The BNW tuning is going to make alot of people happy for sure, including me. An "Unannounced game mode" is a sneaky interesting thing to do think about. Wrath making a comeback is also pretty cool. There really doesn't seem to be alot of other changes though. But at least it's another update coming. I'm sure it'll blow our minds when it comes out.

Rain88
11-11-2017, 03:11 AM
Nothing about Angel of fear's passive is triggering despite endure or triggering more than once? I don't remember anyone mentioning that the passive fails to trigger.

Purplepixii
11-11-2017, 08:33 AM
Oh yeah, let's nerf Gunner Corrupt Rescuer again, because she hasn't been nerfed enough in the past :mad:

As for Thorn talismans - you fix them then you nerf them. What is the point in players putting time & effort into aspects of the game only for them to be nerfed? May as well not bother! :mad:

slauki
11-11-2017, 11:30 AM
i think we have reached a state of the game where radical tuning isn't necessary anymore, that's a very good sign. all in all i like these subtile changes. and that you buff wrath proves that you listen to the community, just hope he won't turn OP again ;)

new unannounced game mode? you have my attention guys...i get that you want to keep the exitement high but maybe you can reveal this:

will this "new unannounced game mode" be released along with the next tuning update?

cheers

RobG-9641
11-11-2017, 12:06 PM
Nerfing BNW Dragon boss, doesn’t address terrible drop rates of premium talismans. Boss maybe easier to kill, but at 15 ironite a battle so what if it takes 100+ battles to maybe earn 1 talisman? Please address drop rates of premium talismans.

Demoonchild
11-11-2017, 01:01 PM
It's great to see that you guys are trying to add more balance to the game, and make characters more interesting, but It would be even better to see more efforts on improve actually good Eddies for use on PVP.
I think that Tailgunner, Storm, Soldier, Wickerman and Carriage Rider needs a little retouch, since despite of being good chars, I just can't remember the last time I used them in the game...
And VHE still reigns on PVP.

That new mode teasing was great Sparton, keep on the good job! 😉

Ancient Mariner
11-11-2017, 05:52 PM
Nothing about Angel of fear's passive is triggering despite endure or triggering more than once? I don't remember anyone mentioning that the passive fails to trigger.
exactly my thoughts, except for the last part: in some cases the passive doesn't trigger indeed, but as you said, it should also be fixed for the other aspects

Sparton_LOTB
11-11-2017, 07:27 PM

exactly my thoughts, except for the last part: in some cases the passive doesn't trigger indeed, but as you said, it should also be fixed for the other aspects

The "triggering more than once" was commonly attributed to revival effects. EDIT: See this newer post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9179-November-2017-Tuning-Discussion-PRELIMINARY&p=61603&viewfull=1#post61603) for more on the interaction of the intended revive fix and the Angel of Fear.

The Endure thing is probably different from that; I'm not sure if we have any further work on narrowing that down, but I don't have access to the bug database while I'm home on the weekend, so I can't confirm.

new unannounced game mode? you have my attention guys...i get that you want to keep the exitement high but maybe you can reveal this:

will this "new unannounced game mode" be released along with the next tuning update?

Unlikely. It's of a bigger scope, so it may have a closed beta at some point (similar to the Arena started), but we're still working out details for that.

It's great to see that you guys are trying to add more balance to the game, and make characters more interesting, but It would be even better to see more efforts on improve actually good Eddies for use on PVP.
I think that Tailgunner, Storm, Soldier, Wickerman and Carriage Rider needs a little retouch, since despite of being good chars, I just can't remember the last time I used them in the game...

There's always gonna be a "best" Eddie for any given game mode/strategy, but we're starting to see more and more diversity on attack teams. The release of some new characters has actually lead me in the direction of an attack team that centers around abusing Carriage Rider Eddie's buff-purging Fury and buff-extending heal, so with the right strategy and support, a lot of the Eddies you've listed can be quite viable.

McSteel
11-11-2017, 10:15 PM
Not sure if this was (properly) reported previously, but Navigator Eddie's Roaring Wave ability's perfect timing is completely off. It's currently set to around ~200-300ms after tapping the skill, even though the timing circle takes a full second to overlap (reduce timings depending on the game speed, of course).

Could you guys please fix that?

Thanks! :)

Peppoah
11-12-2017, 02:16 AM

That new mode teasing was great Sparton, keep on the good job! 😉

Hey Demoonchild,
Wickerman Eddie is my most used Eddie in PVP offense. Fully sharded with the immunity, shell and life/Holy talismans, he’s great.

thealchemist
11-12-2017, 03:08 AM
I hope there is a fix for the crashes caused during sacrifices. Its getting old....

Ancient Mariner
11-12-2017, 08:16 PM
Hey, just a question about the upcoming Event where Trooper Eddie will be released:

I understood we will be able to get his soul for something around 20k trooper badges right? If so, what i want to be sure about is whether we will get him 100%, or if it will be as usual, that is we will have a chance to get him or other characters...because in the last case i won't just collect 20k trooper points for that event, but more

Tridimensionale
11-12-2017, 08:21 PM
Hey, just a question about the upcoming Event where Trooper Eddie will be released:

I understood we will be able to get his soul for something around 20k trooper badges right? If so, what i want to be sure about is whether we will get him 100%, or if it will be as usual, that is we will have a chance to get him or other characters...because in the last case i won't just collect 20k trooper points for that event, but more

4 new toons, Trooper Eddie one of them --> 25% chance, the same you have with eternal soul

T-Man
11-12-2017, 08:45 PM
Oh yeah, let's nerf Gunner Corrupt Rescuer again, because she hasn't been nerfed enough in the past :mad:

As for Thorn talismans - you fix them then you nerf them. What is the point in players putting time & effort into aspects of the game only for them to be nerfed? May as well not bother! :mad:

Yea, don’t see the reason to nerf GCR again either. Mine has been benched for some time, and we don’t see her all that much in the arena these days. She isn’t a problem for me.

Personally I don’t much care for the addition of thorn talisman. Arena has become a game of thorns, and luck on the proc rate. They do need a nerfing imo.

Nifelheim
11-12-2017, 09:07 PM
AoF is working as designed :D. He's not bugged, just a known synergy to be paired with a reviver. And a strategy to take out revivers before the bat. Imho.

Wyphy
11-12-2017, 10:05 PM
4 new toons, Trooper Eddie one of them --> 25% chance, the same you have with eternal soul

Just because there are be four possible outcomes does not necessarily mean it's a 25% chance for each.
They can set the odds at whatever they want; Eddie at 4% and the other three at 32% each.

Do we actually know that an eternal soul is evenly weighted? Has it been specifically mentioned by dev staff?

mjmxiii
11-13-2017, 12:22 AM
Is the dupe protection still scheduled to coincide with the release of Trooper Souls?

Percentages won't matter if you won't be pulling the same char twice from Eternal and Troopers souls.

Silentknight
11-13-2017, 12:46 AM
Is the dupe protection still scheduled to coincide with the release of Trooper Souls?

Percentages won't matter if you won't be pulling the same char twice from Eternal and Troopers souls.
Tell me about it! Clair, Wrath, EE, 8 dupes!!! No Beelz. Didn't know it was supposed to coincide.

Ancient Mariner
11-13-2017, 02:16 AM

Thanks! So this means it does make sense saving trooper badges over 20k to try to get Trooper Eddie, unlike I read somewhere

mjmxiii
11-13-2017, 02:22 AM
Tell me about it! Clair, Wrath, EE, 8 dupes!!! No Beelz. Didn't know it was supposed to coincide.

I remember one of the devs mentioning something like that should be in place by the time trooper souls came out, but not sure if that is still going to happen.

Nifelheim
11-13-2017, 04:59 AM

If it's a trade option the devs put out I'll trade my extra beez for ee :cool:

Nicko
11-13-2017, 05:19 AM

Hah! Me and you both. I’m more likely to spot a Yeti than score a Beelze

Silentknight
11-13-2017, 08:20 AM

Was -14°c/7°f & snowin here the other day so anything's possible but as u know, those fuckers r hard 2 spot in the snow, lmao!

Yup
11-13-2017, 09:53 AM
Yea, don’t see the reason to nerf GCR again either. ..... we don’t see her all that much in the arena these days

Not sure what arena you're in but I see here on almost every stinking combat team I go up against. She's VERY popular in the 900-200 rankings.

scott-5496
11-13-2017, 10:58 AM
I remember one of the devs mentioning something like that should be in place by the time trooper souls came out, but not sure if that is still going to happen.

I do not think I will cash in anything until I know I cannot get dupes - if I can I will hold on to what I have got until they bring this in as the Eternity souls has been similar for me as it has for others - I have dupe after dupe (only one Beelz but plenty of the others dupe EE and Wrath - think I am on my third of fourth Wrath and I am using two at times...) but no Clair and that is the one that I find to be the most used and best in PVP (other than maybe Wrath).....and I want to complete the set! The same for when the Trooper souls hit as I would like to get them all too eventually.

Cheers

GotN
11-13-2017, 11:57 AM

Haha, same here, EE and Wrath dupes, but no Beelze :D

Was -14°c/7°f & snowin here the other day so anything's possible but as u know, those fuckers r hard 2 spot in the snow, lmao!

😂🤣 MMD

T-Man
11-13-2017, 04:02 PM
Not sure what arena you're in but I see here on almost every stinking combat team I go up against. She's VERY popular in the 900-200 rankings.

Don’t see her much among top players. Say the top 50 or 100 even. Is she a problem for you?

IceManFerrar
11-13-2017, 04:14 PM
Have faced a few teams consisting of 2 and even 3 GCRs, paired with GRE. Was quite fun actually...just take Wrath, SSD with Strikes, Pharaoh, and a 4th toon like GPD with Energy Talismans, and then taunt the heck out of them, lol!

Amarthir
11-13-2017, 04:42 PM
Personally, I never had a problem with GCR even before she ever got nerfed. Just remove Titan shield or stack a bunch of negative effects and then use Navigator Eddie's Roaring Wave. Completely blows her away.

What I find annoying is going up against Desert Marauder teams. They seem to always go first and the perfect hit procs are extremely annoying because they put on every shield talisman and just waste my team before I can even do anything.

IceManFerrar
11-13-2017, 05:12 PM
Personally, I never had a problem with GCR even before she ever got nerfed. Just remove Titan shield or stack a bunch of negative effects and then use Navigator Eddie's Roaring Wave. Completely blows her away.

What I find annoying is going up against Desert Marauder teams. They seem to always go first and the perfect hit procs are extremely annoying because they put on every shield talisman and just waste my team before I can even do anything.

Completely agree...DM teams with AoF and VHE are the worst, esp with AoF’s broken passive (I have personally seen it give an extra turn to the entire team if it “thinks” that it killed a toon with Endure).

I have a team which has an 80-90% win chance against those teams (even if they go first), but I try to avoid these teams if I can. Certain top players have removed the AoF from their VHE+DM teams out of integrity, which is truly appreciated!

So I for one am definitely looking forward to the AoF passive being fixed in this tuning update.

Yup
11-13-2017, 05:56 PM
Don’t see her much among top players. Say the top 50 or 100 even. Is she a problem for you?

Oh not at all. Easily defeated. I just notice her because practically everyone uses her, same with eternity toons, and I've never seen her pop up in a soul anywhere. There MUST have been an event to giver her as a reward at some point.

Mariner-1212
11-13-2017, 07:21 PM
Dig it. Thanks for the Christmas toon nerfs, and the new talismans sound great!

T-Man
11-13-2017, 08:41 PM
Oh not at all. Easily defeated. I just notice her because practically everyone uses her, same with eternity toons, and I've never seen her pop up in a soul anywhere. There MUST have been an event to giver her as a reward at some point.

Oh ok. My whole point is she doesn’t need to be nerfed again. :)

mjmxiii
11-13-2017, 09:42 PM
I’m more likely to spot a Yeti than score a Beelze

Yeti Eddie! :p

Coletrain
11-13-2017, 11:02 PM

I'll trade you one of my 3 Beelzebubs for a Wrath or a Claire :D

Dank Brew
11-14-2017, 05:35 PM
Heyyyyy!!! A fix for AoF and Prisoner! How exciting! Hopefully it works out as intended.

All in all, it looks like it will be a great update. Thanks for working on these NF! \m/

Dank Brew
11-14-2017, 05:40 PM
esp with AoF’s broken passive (I have personally seen it give an extra turn to the entire team if it “thinks” that it killed a toon with Endure).
So I for one am definitely looking forward to the AoF passive being fixed in this tuning update.

Lol, i've seen a lot of AoF passive bugs, seen it give a whole team extra turn for getting one of my toons to HALF HEALTH. HALFFFF!!!!! lmao

Sparton_LOTB
11-14-2017, 07:17 PM
The "triggering more than once" was commonly attributed to revival effects. Under the hood, it acts like a "start of battle" effect, and reviving would thus re-enable that in some situations, but the fixes to stopping start of battle passives from triggering on revive will thus impact that.

I just wanted to follow up on this for transparency (especially since this has been a high profile issue), but the next update will probably not have a fix for the Angel of Fear.

After discussing it a bit more with the programmer in question who was working on this issue, because of the unique nature of how the First Blood passive works, the fix he did does not work for the Angel of Fear. He will be continuing to look into the situation, but it is unlikely to get a fix in time for the next update. Basically, he tried to do the fix that will work for most (all?) other start of battle passives, but it ended up making the First Blood passive not work at all, so he had to revert the changes for First Blood and just preserve having the improvement for other passives.

Sorry about the previously-incorrect information about that in my previous post (and the preliminary notes). It's an unfortunate side effect of trying to communicate upcoming fixes before an update is signed off and submitted; sometimes, things that get fixes applied need to have changes reverted due to unintended knock-ons.

Dank Brew
11-14-2017, 08:03 PM
I just wanted to follow up on this for transparency (especially since this has been a high profile issue), but the next update will probably not have a fix for the Angel of Fear.

After discussing it a bit more with the programmer in question who was working on this issue, because of the unique nature of how the First Blood passive works, the fix he did does not work for the Angel of Fear. He will be continuing to look into the situation, but it is unlikely to get a fix in time for the next update. Basically, he tried to do the fix that will work for most (all?) other start of battle passives, but it ended up making the First Blood passive not work at all, so he had to revert the changes for First Blood and just preserve having the improvement for other passives.

Sorry about the previously-incorrect information about that in my previous post (and the preliminary notes). It's an unfortunate side effect of trying to communicate upcoming fixes before an update is signed off and submitted; sometimes, things that get fixes applied need to have changes reverted due to unintended knock-ons.

Thanks for the update. It makes sense. This type of communication is great. It's better to see that it's being worked on than no info on it at all.

Liebhild
11-15-2017, 01:30 AM
I would really like to know, why defence-bonus-questions don't get an answer...

ericgallucci
11-16-2017, 03:18 AM
Are you guys gonna adjust Cyborg’s stats? His Def and MR stay at 133 regardless of level and I also feel like his base attack and magic should be a little higher especially when compared to the assassin Eddie’s or even Aces attack. Speaking of Aces I think more of his moves should scale with his special stat and so should all of Cyborgs cause that’s the whole point of gunners is their normally insane special. I think both should get a bump to special especially since Rainmakers is now 751!

Yup
11-16-2017, 03:32 AM
Are you guys gonna adjust Cyborg’s stats? His Def and MR stay at 133 regardless of level and I also feel like his base attack and magic should be a little higher especially when compared to the assassin Eddie’s or even Aces attack. Speaking of Aces I think more of his moves should scale with his special stat and so should all of Cyborgs cause that’s the whole point of gunners is their normally insane special. I think both should get a bump to special especially since Rainmakers is now 751!

Speaking of gunner Eddies...... Navigator's full powered basic attack is MUCH stronger then the full powered fury attack. Fury is like 2/3 the damage of the basic attack.

Cyborg really powers up with Skill Shards more than any of the other gunner Eddies.

ericgallucci
11-16-2017, 05:43 AM
Yeah I know what you mean, Navigators basic with chance talismans plus a Magus Undead Rescuer for his passive will almost beat any round in the whole PVE with one attack Lmao.

Yup
11-16-2017, 05:54 AM
To clarify.... I think Navigator's Fury should be improved .... and NOT the basic skill nerfed! :) the basic is in line with other powered up basic Eddie skills. It's the fury that is sorely lacking.

Amarthir
11-16-2017, 07:04 AM
Nonononono no nerfing his basic I swear to God. Navigator Eddie is my favorite Eddie that I've ever pulled. I mean, his Fury could be scaled up a bit in damage and PLEASE fix the timing on his future basic as it is pretty messed up.

Coletrain
11-17-2017, 04:27 PM
I'm not sure about the nerf to GCR's Titan Shield. It feels like there are enough toons with remove beneficial effect & permadeath abilities even amongst 3 start toons to render her extremely beatable. A big nerf to the shield might really cripple her usage.

Aside from that, a lot of interesting changes that have me thinking about different possible team combinations.

A few questions for Sparton:

Any update on a fix for Aces High Eddie's Do Or Die not always inflicting Permadeath on foes with Endure?
You mentioned awhile back that there might be an "All Eddie" mode at some point...is this still in the plans and if so, is this a short term or longer term plan?

JJJ428
11-17-2017, 07:56 PM
I was really expecting a maintenance update today. When do you think they are going to do the update and launch the next events getting impatient here. Every event gets us closer to Trooper Eddie.

Sparton_LOTB
11-17-2017, 08:14 PM
Any update on a fix for Aces High Eddie's Do Or Die not always inflicting Permadeath on foes with Endure?
You mentioned awhile back that there might be an "All Eddie" mode at some point...is this still in the plans and if so, is this a short term or longer term plan?

Not sure if we have anything tracked for that Do Or Die problem. I've passed that along to our QA to investigate. Is there particular situations where you see that happen often (or not happen)?
The "All Eddie" mode is not something we're working on right now, but the demand for having more battle-ready Eddies will be integral to succeeding in the "unannounced game mode" that was teased in the preliminary notes.

JJJ428
11-17-2017, 08:20 PM
Sparton is this new daily achievement glitch that is affecting a few people on the radar?

Sparton_LOTB
11-17-2017, 08:21 PM
Sparton is this new daily achievement glitch that is affecting a few people on the radar?

It will be fixed in the next app store update.

JJJ428
11-17-2017, 08:30 PM
Any chance of revealing the eta for that update?

Yup
11-17-2017, 08:37 PM

Isn't that what "Do or Die" is supposed to do??? That's what the description reads like.. regardless of buffs.. the shot tunnels through them and kills, permanently. Hence "Do or Die" it either misses, kills, or inflicts permadeath.

Maybe I'm mistaken.

I have Aces.... and I haven't noticed anything unexpected.

Sparton_LOTB
11-17-2017, 09:15 PM
Any chance of revealing the eta for that update?

Nothing to announce beyond the "towards the end of the month" that's in the preliminary tuning notes, no. We're looking in track to deliver when we have internally planned, but some crazy bug could be found that delays things.

Coletrain
11-17-2017, 10:06 PM
Not sure if we have anything tracked for that Do Or Die problem. I've passed that along to our QA to investigate. Is there particular situations where you see that happen often (or not happen)?
The "All Eddie" mode is not something we're working on right now, but the demand for having more battle-ready Eddies will be integral to succeeding in the "unannounced game mode" that was teased in the preliminary notes.

Isn't that what "Do or Die" is supposed to do??? That's what the description reads like.. regardless of buffs.. the shot tunnels through them and kills, permanently. Hence "Do or Die" it either misses, kills, or inflicts permadeath.

Maybe I'm mistaken.

I have Aces.... and I haven't noticed anything unexpected.

When an enemy has endure, ghost, or perfect immortality, hitting them with Do or Die is supposed to inflict permadeath. This doesn't always happen though.

As far as specific situations, I've noticed it not working most often when endure is the only effect on an enemy. My early guess is that perhaps the move prioritizes removing a beneficial effect over turning the endure status to permadeath.

Yup
11-17-2017, 10:24 PM
Ahh okay.. NOT working when only Endure is present.. that's different than what I interpreted. i thought you were saying there was a problem with the way it is supposed to work.

Sorry.

I'll try and keep an eye on it now.

Liebhild
11-18-2017, 04:45 PM
Those braindead devs should rethink the perfect immunity. Otherwise the game will soon be more dead, then it is now. You can have the best team, but if opponet hast f.e. AoF with endure+perfect immunity => Game over.

Also their defense cheating is a joke, write finally why it is there and how it is calculated.

Also they should rethink selling ironite for random stuff - it is possible illegal in some countries (search for Battlefront 2).

slauki
11-19-2017, 11:39 AM
Those braindead devs should rethink the perfect immunity. Otherwise the game will soon be more dead, then it is now. You can have the best team, but if opponet hast f.e. AoF with endure+perfect immunity => Game over.

Also their defense cheating is a joke, write finally why it is there and how it is calculated.

Also they should rethink selling ironite for random stuff - it is possible illegal in some countries (search for Battlefront 2).

maybe you should rethink your braindead comments. i read this shit for months now and you are annoying . if the game is too stupid delete it... always complaining, offending and spreading bad vibritions is bad for the forum and the game. why do you think these comments will help anyone? they don't they are just stupid.

if you are too bad to figure things out don't blame the devs or the game. yes the game has it's problems but no reason to behave like an idiot for weeks and months in every single post. it's also boring as fuck.

DIEDD
11-19-2017, 02:18 PM

If it's so bad, why do not you go on with your life and get rid of the damn game? Or maybe insulting and talking shit is more productive?

Liebhild
11-19-2017, 02:45 PM
@slauki: What will you do against an Angel of Strife with endure + perfect immunity???

JJJ428
11-19-2017, 02:53 PM
Perfect Immunity is only 2 turns. Try surviving for that long.

Mariner-1212
11-19-2017, 03:58 PM
maybe you should rethink your braindead comments. i read this shit for months now and you are annoying . if the game is too stupid delete it... always complaining, offending and spreading bad vibritions is bad for the forum and the game. why do you think these comments will help anyone? they don't they are just stupid.

if you are too bad to figure things out don't blame the devs or the game. yes the game has it's problems but no reason to behave like an idiot for weeks and months in every single post. it's also boring as fuck.

Well said, Slauki.

Amarthir
11-19-2017, 04:24 PM
maybe you should rethink your braindead comments. ETC...

Completely agree. Sometimes I'll give them the business when something bad happens to me in the game but honestly, I mean well. I usually try to keep my negativity down around here. But there's always going to be those people who have nothing else to do but bash the devs over any decision. It's relatively clean on here but there's always a couple accounts who never have anything good to say about the game. The Facebook threads are the most brutal, there's nothing anyone can say to make those people appreciate the game.

As for surviving Perfect Immunity with endure or invincibility etc, literally, just wait it out. Have a healer or a reviver with you. I realized that the Gunner Valkyrie is fantastic at healing and cleansing her team and that's why I have one on my PvP team now. As a matter of fact, in all of my defense tests, she's almost always the last one to fall because of her health being so high + having invisibility talismans and Perfect Immunity.

Liebhild
11-19-2017, 04:52 PM
We will see in the future...

slauki
11-19-2017, 05:02 PM
@slauki: What will you do against an Angel of Strife with endure + perfect immunity???

if you ask more strategical questions, you will get more support from the community...

well there are several ways:

1. since PI is random aos won't have it 100% of the time, so any buff remover will help...it's also helpfull if aos uses his powermove which is in fact even more badassish.
2. aop can shorten the duration, so that you only have to deal with it 1/2 rounds, seems like a good choice here.
3. build your team around it. some tanky teams with healers and revivers will make you survive it without problems. the fights will take longer but you will win.
4. some more creative approaches are possible here, hard to break everything down but how about using PI yourself?

PI is tricky and it slows down the game a lot: i started a thread about it some weeks ago maybe you can get more hints there...
http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9160-Questionable-PVP-meta-right-now

don't wanna brag, but i want to show you that it's possible to deal with every common combination if you think about a counter. i think there are some teams that cannot be beaten if RNG is completly against you, but it's okay to loose a few times. ofc you need some crucial chars...clairevoyant or pharaoh could help there.

in fact two of my losses were caused by my laziness. and i almost never skip a team, if i clear lists at the end of the week. same as i went for eternal, i fought everyone there...

Liebhild
11-19-2017, 05:27 PM
OK, thx :-)

This one made me laugh "PI is random" ;-)

Mizrael
11-19-2017, 10:48 PM
OK, thx :-)

This one made me laugh "PI is random" ;-)

it’s granted to “UP TO 2 allies”, so AoS won’t get it every battle...which makes it kinda random.what’s funny about that? please enlighten me, i would also love to have a laugh.

slauki
11-19-2017, 11:23 PM
it’s granted to “UP TO 2 allies”, so AoS won’t get it every battle...which makes it kinda random.what’s funny about that? please enlighten me, i would also love to have a laugh.

he is right, PI is random ;)

3.1415926535 8979323846 2643383279 5028841971 6939937510 5820974944 5923078164 0628620899 8628034825 3421170679 8214808651 3282306647 0938446095 5058223172 5359408128 4811174502 8410270193 8521105559 6446229489 5493038196 4428810975 6659334461 2847564823 3786783165 2712019091 4564856692 3460348610 4543266482 1339360726 0249141273 7245870066 0631558817 4881520920 9628292540 9171536436 7892590360 0113305305 4882046652 1384146951 9415116094 3305727036 5759591953 0921861173 8193261179 3105118548 0744623799 6274956735 1885752724 8912279381 8301194912 …

Yup
11-19-2017, 11:30 PM
Endure has almost never lasted it's full term on enemies in the battles I fight. People think it does, but just like most talisman buffs... 1 hit from the Clairvoyant or Allied General, or any number of debuff characters... one hit and it's gone. Perfect immunity does NOT prevent that.

Not to mention Void/Thorn shields....

Amarthir
11-20-2017, 12:19 AM
When those Purge Talismans come out I think that the Gunner Valkyrie is perfect for them.

IceManFerrar
11-20-2017, 04:03 AM
if you ask more strategical questions, you will get more support from the community...

well there are several ways:

1. since PI is random aos won't have it 100% of the time, so any buff remover will help...it's also helpfull if aos uses his powermove which is in fact even more badassish.
2. aop can shorten the duration, so that you only have to deal with it 1/2 rounds, seems like a good choice here.
3. build your team around it. some tanky teams with healers and revivers will make you survive it without problems. the fights will take longer but you will win.
4. some more creative approaches are possible here, hard to break everything down but how about using PI yourself?

PI is tricky and it slows down the game a lot: i started a thread about it some weeks ago maybe you can get more hints there...
http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9160-Questionable-PVP-meta-right-now

don't wanna brag, but i want to show you that it's possible to deal with every common combination if you think about a counter. i think there are some teams that cannot be beaten if RNG is completly against you, but it's okay to loose a few times. ofc you need some crucial chars...clairevoyant or pharaoh could help there.

in fact two of my losses were caused by my laziness. and i almost never skip a team, if i clear lists at the end of the week. same as i went for eternal, i fought everyone there...

Those are some mighty impressive stats, Slauki my friend! Good posts/replies and good advice as always!

Cheers mate!

Nifelheim
11-20-2017, 06:21 AM
Endure has almost never lasted it's full term on enemies in the battles I fight. People think it does, but just like most talisman buffs... 1 hit from the Clairvoyant or Allied General, or any number of debuff characters... one hit and it's gone. Perfect immunity does NOT prevent that.

Perfect immunity does prevent removal, hence the title perfect, but only gunner Valkyrie can cast it to other teammates, and herr slauki has stated it is random.

Yup
11-20-2017, 07:22 AM
uhm.. from my experience Perfect Immunity prevents adding buffs (such as freeze, stun, burn, shock, def down, etc).... I've often removed buffs on characters with perfect immunity assigned. Seriously.. many PvP battles... always able to remove the Counter and Endure buffs even if Perfect Immunity is present. Even steal buffs such as Echo and Counter... so.. uhm.. yeah.

Perfect Immunity makes the toon immune to negative effects... not immune to attacks that remove buffs.

zamasu
11-20-2017, 05:30 PM

Impresive stats! Slauki. I got 94% offence when I went Eternal and i thought that was pretty good lol

Mizrael
11-20-2017, 06:18 PM
Perfect Immunity makes the toon immune to negative effects... not immune to attacks that remove buffs.

Not true.

The skill description says that it “blocks all harmful effects and prevents beneficial effects from being removed.”

So if you have really seen such a thing happening, we’ve got yet another bug to add to the long “to be fixed” list OR there are ways to get around it, like indirectly stunning a sentinel harpy (can’t think of a toon which would do such thing).

Yup
11-20-2017, 07:02 PM
Perhaps I'm wrong.

I've seen it twice this morning with perfect immunity.. removing endure and/or counter. (and Void/Thorn Shields remove those as well).

And Sentinel Harpy has a passive that won't allow it to be stunned, so Immunity, perfect or otherwise, has nothing to do with situations like that.

Mizrael
11-20-2017, 07:25 PM
Perhaps I'm wrong.

I've seen it twice this morning with perfect immunity.. removing endure and/or counter. (and Void/Thorn Shields remove those as well).

And Sentinel Harpy has a passive that won't allow it to be stunned, so Immunity, perfect or otherwise, has nothing to do with situations like that.

No,no. the harpy was just another example of a character that should be un-stunable, yet she can be stunned...

Yup
11-20-2017, 07:28 PM
oh.. I haven't seen that. Unless, of course, your'e referring to disabling passives, then she can be stunned.

Mizrael
11-20-2017, 07:37 PM
I think we’ve just figured it out together...

It’s actually the same thing in both cases: They can get removed (and harpy stunned) by an “effect” not a “skill”. As you said-it’s the void shield and harpy can be stunned by shock...

so none of us was wrong ;)

Yup
11-20-2017, 08:23 PM
Right.. effects... not skills :) I guess I didn't make that clear. So I was wrong for not being more explicit.

You can remove effects such as Endure, Immunity, Counter with other effects such as debuff and shields - even IF the character has Perfect Immunity. You merely can't use a skill to remove an effect where Perfect Immunity is present. Effects will alter effects. But skills won't alter effects, or effect alter skills.

Mizrael
11-20-2017, 09:20 PM
1 hit from the Clairvoyant or Allied General, or any number of debuff characters... one hit and it's gone. Perfect immunity does NOT prevent that.

... Even steal buffs such as Echo and Counter... so.. uhm.. yeah.

Well, it’s just that you yourself have on a numerous occasions mentioned that you can perform removing and even stealing buffs with ATTACKS not talisman effects...

Sparton_LOTB
11-21-2017, 07:45 PM
The full update patch notes are now live (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9229)!

Closing this discussion thread now.