PDA

View Full Version : HEY DEVS... Can we get a few answers?

drrchmnd
11-21-2017, 08:08 AM
Okies,

First off I will admit I go off on rants. I will also note that as far as I can tell no op/dev etc has ever bothered to respond to them. From what I have also read getting a response is pretty unusual in and of itself. Now for the fun part... How about someone addressing a few very simple questions that I know a LOT of people would probably like an answer to.

What is the actual drop rate for 4 or 5 star characters? This is more relevant now than it has been. You say we get 2X the chance to get one but considering we have ZERO clue what the chance is to start with. So if it is a 2% chance to start with that means its currently a 4% chance. Yeah on a 100 sided die you ain't never rolling a 97-100. Yeah I might be an old school D&D player also. Now this said I have a very sneaking suspicion that the drop rate in say March of 2017 was higher than it is now. Maybe closer to about 20% or 1 in 5. And it also seems like the event souls actually dropped the event character without breaking the bank for them. Say 1 in 10 or 15 which would be high enough that it was annoying but not stupid annoying.

The next major question I have is very simple and one I have asked prior. Using the Magus Corrupt Rescuer (the blue one) for the best example.
When maxed the character has the following skills :
Sweep - magic damage to a single target - damage + 40%; 65% chance to steal beneficial effects.
Freeze - magic damage to all enemies - damage + 25%; 75% chance to freeze enemies for 2 turns.

Now I don't care about any of the stats except the 75% chance to freeze enemies for 2 turns. Since this attack is an all character attack she potentially can (and does) freeze all enemies for 2 turns. The question is: How is this attack calculated?

The way I see it there are really only 2 methods of calculating this and they are:

When the calculation for this is going is it a 1 in 4 chance of it missing (ie 25%) or an equivalent of this. Basically meaning there is no saving throw against it and the worst case scenario is using a 4 sided die. Where rolling that 4 is a lot harder than possibly getting 76-100 on a 100 sided die. Yeah the odds are actually different.
Or is it more like this,
The calculation is made but instead of it being one roll of the dice there is a second one that is based on say the "special" stat. So the calculation or roll is made and it should freeze the character BUT the save calculation adjusts the final outcome and it misses. To put this in numbers.... 100 sided die is used from 76-100 on the first roll the character is not frozen, anything 75 and under the character is frozen. A 70 is rolled so the character should be frozen. Now the save roll comes into play. With a "special" stat at 300 there is an adjustment of special/2 for a 15% adjustment. So instead of freezing being 75 and lower, it is actually 63 and lower and thus the character is not frozen. 15% of 75 is 11.25 and I rounded up (because I can) to adjust it to 12. And 75-12 = 63.

There are numerous variations for saving throws and all the rest. But it boils down to is there one or not. Or is it strictly a 75% chance your frozen?

Reason I ask all of this is the number of times I (and everyone else) have had 3 or 4 characters frozen at once. When all of your characters are frozen or stunned it isn't much of a fight. The other day had 3 rounds of wackedness in the arena. The Corrupt General with a 30% chance to stun managed to stun 4 characters in first round, 3 characters in 2nd round and 3 in the third. Even with the paralysis talismans that would only raise it to 42% if they stack otherwise it would be 2 rolls one at 30% and the 2nd at 12%. Bizarrely enough I won that fight and I am not completely sure how.

That pretty much sums up this edition of "Hey Can We Get an Answer". Till next time...

Browno
11-21-2017, 11:03 AM
Cg has 55% stun rate without talismans

McSteel
11-21-2017, 12:30 PM
I'm (educated) guessing, based on personal experience with using and encountering the Magus CR, that this is a straight-up RND(100) roll made for each enemy individually. On a result of 76-100, the freeze effect fails. This makes freezing all enemies [(0.75)^n * 100%] likely, or in the case of 4 enemies, that would be a 31.64% chance.

I haven't actually taken any measurements (i.e. haven't written down the number of enemies affected with each shot over a reasonably large sample size), but by experience of the move just about agrees with the above calculation.

I imagine that for simplicity most chance-based stuff in LotB works in a similar fashion.

drrchmnd
11-27-2017, 10:19 PM
I'm (educated) guessing, based on personal experience with using and encountering the Magus CR, that this is a straight-up RND(100) roll made for each enemy individually. On a result of 76-100, the freeze effect fails. This makes freezing all enemies [(0.75)^n * 100%] likely, or in the case of 4 enemies, that would be a 31.64% chance.

I haven't actually taken any measurements (i.e. haven't written down the number of enemies affected with each shot over a reasonably large sample size), but by experience of the move just about agrees with the above calculation.

I imagine that for simplicity most chance-based stuff in LotB works in a similar fashion.

This is sorta what I am thinking also. BUT I would not be surprised if there was an issue with someones math.. (eyes the devs) I am having way too many 3 and 4 toon freezes for the math to be correct. Because if I estimate with that math it would put it at over 50% to freeze/stun 3 and probably almost 100% for 2.

What it all boils down to is people agreed on the laziest method possible for determining effects. There have been several characters that have had the effect modifiers changed, guess what they are broken again. Corrupt general is hitting for stun way the hell outside of what he should even remotely be able to. Sorry 42% with natural and a perfect with paralysis should not stun 3 characters 3-4 times in a row.

I am still waiting for the first person to say roll of the dice. And my response is to start paying attention to how often it is happening to you and get back to me in a week.

Another thing I find completely fascinating is that in most games I have played with effects and such like this us players could get responses in regards to items like this.

Browno
11-28-2017, 12:12 AM
And again... cg with talis has 67% chance to stun.

Yup
11-28-2017, 12:30 AM
And realize opportunity to freeze/stun is INCREASED the lower a target character's MR stat is... so have high ATK characters with low MR and they are easily stunned/frozen. Just test against Viking Eddie.. he can be stunned/frozen but it's not nearly as easy.

drrchmnd
11-29-2017, 12:17 AM
And again... cg with talis has 67% chance to stun.

Well now.... I managed to miss that it has a 3rd skill shard for stun effect. So yup it is 55 and not 30. My error.

And realize opportunity to freeze/stun is INCREASED the lower a target character's MR stat is... so have high ATK characters with low MR and they are easily stunned/frozen. Just test against Viking Eddie.. he can be stunned/frozen but it's not nearly as easy.

This is an indirect part of my question. The way it is implied is that MR and DEF are only for reducing the damage taken and don't really play a roll in the effects hitting or not. That said, what in the hell MR do you have to have to avoid it? My characters in this situation are all 1000 or higher for MR and getting them much higher is almost impossible without making them ineffective. Same time the magus corrupt rescuer at 5* lvl 100 has a base of 1779 which can be bumped over 2k more without any difficulties. So it gives us basically 4k magic to 1k MR which if you go traditional gaming means your screwed virtually all of the time. It's overpowered and there isn't a real defense against it that I can figure out.

Mizrael
11-29-2017, 12:57 PM

HUH?! where did you get that from? i’ve been around since the release of this game but i have never heard of MR od DEF affecting hit %...

Would you be so kind and post a link here with that info? because i find that quite hard to believe...

drrchmnd
11-29-2017, 04:20 PM
HUH?! where did you get that from? i’ve been around since the release of this game but i have never heard of MR od DEF affecting hit %...

Would you be so kind and post a link here with that info? because i find that quite hard to believe...

That is what I was wondering. It does make sense on one level but it doesn't seem correct. I can see how they could do that and enable the MR and DEF stats to be both a hit and an effect modifier but it doesn't completely jive in my mind. I should probably go play in arena defense test area to see if I can verify.

Mizrael
11-29-2017, 05:35 PM
I should probably go play in arena defense test area to see if I can verify.

And how exactly will you tell if something triggers with a 35% chance or 32% with more MR? ^^

Just take my word on it, that it doesn’t happen.

This game just isn’t that “deep”...

drrchmnd
12-02-2017, 11:18 PM
And how exactly will you tell if something triggers with a 35% chance or 32% with more MR? ^^

Just take my word on it, that it doesn’t happen.

This game just isn’t that “deep”...

For the nominal differences you won't be able to tell unless you test for several 100 rounds. But for a 20% and a 35% difference yeah not so bad about a 100 rounds total will give you a decent idea. It is really just a time consuming process that as you pointed out "this game just isn't that "deep"". Which is unfortunately true.