PDA

View Full Version : Auto Farming Number of the Beast Madness

Amarthir
11-22-2017, 09:12 PM
I remember there being an old thread talking about taking down The Beast on auto but I can't seem to find it. It would be a pretty old thread anyways so I'm making a new one.

With all the characters, Talismans and Eddie's we have now, would it feasibly be possible to auto farm NotB madness? Since it gives the highest amount of gold and rewards, it would be great to farm there. Let's make teams that could do it.

Fudjo
11-22-2017, 09:36 PM
I should have written down the team I used when I last took on Number of the Beast (Madness), but I know I used Golden Pharaoh Dog and it made things a heck of a lot easier. The game plan is pretty much the same as taking on a Dragon King - get Immunity up and make sure it stays up. Heal as needed. Keep dishing out damage 'til the job's done.

MoonShadow
11-23-2017, 12:41 PM
I've tried, but only a few times - so it's not a 100% proof, a team on auto-play, with Navigator + Gunner Pharaoh Dog + Assassin Rocket Dog, all fully maxed.

Winning the match depends if the GPD manages to cast heal & immunity when needed. If not, the match is lost.

Yup
05-04-2018, 07:02 PM
This is dead easy now....

Warrior Lilith, Gunner Lilith with Alexander Eddie.

All fully skill sharded and full power talismans...

The Beast MIGHT kill the Liliths at the switch to Assassin, but Alex Eddie never even comes close to death, ever.

Add Echo talismans to Alex Ed and it's even easier.
Add Life talismans to the Gunner Lilith to gain immunity via her passive and it's easier.
Auto-framing it in roughly 1:30 minutes per.

And it does pay out over 9K gold per run, so it's the highest gold return I've found.

blade685
05-07-2018, 09:49 AM

The Beast MIGHT kill the Liliths at the switch to Assassin, but Alex Eddie never even comes close to death, ever.

Add Life talismans to the Gunner Lilith to gain immunity via her passive and it's easier.

And it does pay out over 9K gold per run, so it's the highest gold return I've found.

easy if you want or can... use 2500 coins for Alex Eddie ^^

Yup
05-13-2018, 09:14 PM
Clansman Eddie, Gunner Lilith, and Warrior Lilith can do this as well. Just takes maybe 20 seconds longer with Clansman (But the Liliths may die using Clansman)

blade685
05-13-2018, 09:42 PM
Clansman Eddie, Gunner Lilith, and Warrior Lilith can do this as well. Just takes maybe 20 seconds longer with Clansman (But the Liliths never die using Clansman)
But you know that i never loot new toons in 2018 ^^

Yup
05-13-2018, 09:50 PM
Your birthday's coming...... :) Ya never know, maybe destiny will help you out.

blade685
05-13-2018, 10:01 PM
they don't care my birthday i think, they hate me lol

rags-6094
05-13-2018, 10:54 PM
Is this a piss take or is there actually a birthday present given from NF somehow? Has anyone been a beneficiary of this?

Yup
05-13-2018, 10:57 PM
I was just being a smart ass. I doubt NF gives away birthday presents, especially since nowhere was I ever asked for my birthday ;)

If devs see this... well... Mine is tomorrow if they want to implement some sort of program :D

And I remember Blade's because he mentioned it was the 18th a day or two ago when the topic came up, and it's close to mine.

rags-6094
05-14-2018, 12:23 AM
Ok because when I filled in all the various fields for my forums profile I had the option a.to put in my dob, b.to make it public.
I thought perhaps they might actually do something that nice, they do at Christmas time....

rags-6094
05-14-2018, 12:34 AM
That reminds me I have been trying to come up with the best team to autofarm number of the beast with the resources I have.
Usually my eddie of choice anywhere else is Pharoah Eddie, but in notb he is useless.
I played with a few I only have half a dozen or so fully skill sharded eddies(I tend to put all my shards in allies)
So I have used gunner and warrior Liliths as you recommended, I'm toying with VHE at the moment but need to make him a little more robust( great attack but dies if the opposition sneezes).
The other question I had for you is, do you ever take into consideration the position beside Eddie you place the said allies?

It's not always the case but generally speaking AI seems to start from the left and work towards the right, this could be an advantage from my way of thinking...

Yup
05-14-2018, 01:08 AM
Oh absolutely. For example Gunner Lilith will remove buffs and increase damage on enemies. So her hitting before other characters is preferable. If she removes immunity, you can neg buff the enemy.

Or.. as you've pointed out, with fairly equally scored allies, the AI defense team in PvP will generally attack the toon to the left of the Eddie. So that position should be stronger. But there are variances I don't completely know. For example, some gunner characters seem to take priority over the left most character much of the time. I use G Lilith in the right most position.. she generally gets hit first after Eddie in PvP. If you run defensive tests with a team, you can start to gage which toon is going to get hit the most.

rags-6094
05-14-2018, 02:28 AM
Yeah I have seen that happen, If you use all one colour I.e Sentinel characters for example S Lilith always gets targeted first by AI in my experience. I thought that AI looks for the most vulnerable character and targets them first as a rule...
But not always..

TheAlbatross-1864
06-21-2018, 01:44 AM
Yup, what talisman sets are you running on your liliths?

Yup
06-21-2018, 02:20 AM
Nothing very special... I make sure a set of Life talismans are on the Gunner Lilith so she grants immunity via her passive, that's really the only thing I set up for this. And it's generally gone after the Beast turns to Sentinel.

Warrior Lilith is running Necropolis and.. just other general stuff.

Lately I've been running it with the G CotD with Primordial talismans or the Goddess Asset to level her up.... rather than the Gunner Lilith. About the same results.

scott-5496
06-21-2018, 09:42 AM
I have tried a few combinations as well on this but never with 100% success - even with a couple of sets of Primordial it isn't loss proof over a lot fo runs. Trooper Eddie can work quite well but Alexander does seem to be the one to use, if you have him of course - 99% don't.

Sometimes I do NOTB and changes around my team is I can watch what is going on but most of the time it is back to Powerslave for the easy option...and the one that I think is overall the best for most stuff you might want all in one place.

hold
06-21-2018, 10:06 AM
I have tried a few combinations as well on this but never with 100% success - even with a couple of sets of Primordial it isn't loss proof over a lot fo runs. Trooper Eddie can work quite well but Alexander does seem to be the one to use, if you have him of course - 99% don't.

Sometimes I do NOTB and changes around my team is I can watch what is going on but most of the time it is back to Powerslave for the easy option...and the one that I think is overall the best for most stuff you might want all in one place.

Prisoner (Primordial), Gunner CotD (Primordial), Clansman (Angel) and a ton of relics on HP is 100%

scott-5496
06-21-2018, 11:27 AM
Prisoner (Primordial), Gunner CotD (Primordial), Clansman (Angel) and a ton of relics on HP is 100%

I will give that a go. I have all three of those but not sure I used this combination!

Cheers

scott-5496
06-21-2018, 12:40 PM
I have done 10 runs so far with the team provided by hold and no losses yet.

Looks like a great synergy on these three - cant see how this wont work as well in all of the BNW so will try that too though current Primordial heavy team seems to steam through them all no bother - hence I hope they do not get nerfed at all!

scott-5496
06-21-2018, 03:00 PM
Only one defeat so far after 30 runs - not sure why as was not watching but it was the Clansman who got wasted - the other two were fine.

hold
06-21-2018, 03:17 PM
Only one defeat so far after 30 runs - not sure why as was not watching but it was the Clansman who got wasted - the other two were fine.

Not enough relics ;)

I have 10/10 on general and 9/10 of gunner - I don't even get close to death - CotD is close sometimes when Beast changes to assassin but the other 2 are normally full health

Muzzleloader
06-21-2018, 11:44 PM
That's is a great team for NotB. I tried it manually due to lower relic levels and not maxed primordial talisman. Breezed right through it

JustAFruit
06-22-2018, 03:59 AM
Are there any drop rate differences from farming here? I usually farm circle of fire.

Fudjo
06-25-2018, 03:20 PM

I just got my Alexander Eddie last night and tested autofarming NotB. The team:

Alex Ed: Valor
Gunner CotD: Primordial
Prisoner: Primordial

All fully sharded. Lvl 4 generic health, Lvl 5 Gunner health, and lvl 7 Warrior health for relics. 100% success rate, 'bout 1:15 per run.

The toons occasionally go down when the Beast switches to Assassin, but Alex Ed cruises on through.

Yup
06-25-2018, 05:25 PM
You might think about switching the Prisoner out for a multi-target hitter. It'll make the battles up to the beast go faster. None of the toons have any major passives to disable and the Prisoner won't disable the Beasts passives... and since you already have Primordial talismans on G CotD, you won't really need 2 sets in play. Since Alex Ed is typically a single target hitter (unless he uses that one AOE move he has) adding another single target hitter, just means you slow down the battles leading up to the beast.

I've been running it lately with Alex Ed, gCotD (with Primordial), and pretty much any 3rd (powered up) toon that's a multi-target hitter.

Since they fixed Beast Ed's AI.. I can also run it with Beast Ed, gCotD, and W Lilith (or Asset).

Fudjo
06-25-2018, 07:35 PM
You might think about switching the Prisoner out for a multi-target hitter. It'll make the battles up to the beast go faster. None of the toons have any major passives to disable and the Prisoner won't disable the Beasts passives... and since you already have Primordial talismans on G CotD, you won't really need 2 sets in play. Since Alex Ed is typically a single target hitter (unless he uses that one AOE move he has) adding another single target hitter, just means you slow down the battles leading up to the beast.

What you're saying is sensible and logical, but I tried swapping out the Prisoner for a Red Lilith (Echo, Advantage) and the mission takes about the same amount of time: 1:10 - 1:20. Bit of a head-scratcher.

Ip4
08-20-2018, 07:03 PM
here is my team for farming on auto
Doomsday Eddie,Assassin Lilith(eternal) and Prisoner(primordial)
https://preview.ibb.co/mzgzSe/05_D573_B0_A4_E4_4_EC5_B189_235_F5_F6_ACED8.png

blade685
08-20-2018, 07:11 PM
i didn't test auto on it, perhaps with iron eddie, i don't have Alexander ( too expensive) and doomsday (bad loot in event like always) :)

Ip4
08-20-2018, 07:12 PM
https://preview.ibb.co/fnBDLz/D29_A6779_E500_4_A59_8812_3_F2_A9_A5_F9_B08.png

https://preview.ibb.co/ek6kYK/42_F6_B39_B_3_CB0_40_DF_BDD4_E7_BE42_D40913.png
too bad i can't record video...

Yup
08-20-2018, 07:14 PM
Well I don't have Doomsday.. but I've tested with every other Eddie, all fully skill sharded. Clansman, Beast, IE, 7Son, will do well, but on auto, they have a tendency to lose maybe 1 in 10/12 runs. Not bad, but if you want to auto and walk away, not great. Alex never loses... wish I had Doomsday to test :)

blade685
08-20-2018, 07:15 PM
Well I don't have Doomsday.. but I've tested with every other Eddie, all fully skill sharded. Clansman, Beast, IE, 7Son, will do well, but on auto, they have a tendency to lose maybe 1 in 10/12 runs. Not bad, but if you want to auto and walk away, not great. Alex never loses... wish I had Doomsday to test :)

+1 i want him....and not for 2500 lool

Ip4
08-20-2018, 07:23 PM
his fury on beast is WOW
best time for now 1:23

Yup
08-20-2018, 07:24 PM
You should see Alex Ed's fury on the Beast :)

Ip4
08-20-2018, 07:26 PM
lol i can only imagine :)

kkkreg5
08-20-2018, 08:17 PM
You should see Alex Ed's fury on the Beast :)

Alex Edd doesn't have a fury...:)

Yup
08-20-2018, 09:06 PM
t'was a joke :)

Muzzleloader
08-20-2018, 09:07 PM
Alexander's horse's name was Bucephalus.

kkkreg5
08-20-2018, 09:27 PM
t'was a joke :)

Yeah, I figured that... :p

DanielRacy
08-20-2018, 10:54 PM
M COTD with destiny, Clansman and W Lilith. That's my team for auto NotB.

Muzzleloader
08-20-2018, 11:48 PM
Daniel, what talisman on clansman and lilith.

DanielRacy
08-20-2018, 11:56 PM
Daniel, what talisman on clansman and lilith.

Clansman with Vampiric and Energy. W Lilith with Piercing, Guardian and Advantage. W Lilith with this talismans wipes out everyhting bro.

Muzzleloader
09-03-2018, 01:51 PM
Anyone come up with a new team with gods to auto farm NotB, that doesnt include alex Eddie or primordials.

fantomz
09-03-2018, 03:44 PM
Speed of Light Eddie,Gunner Lilith and Osiris.Just put Life talisman on Lilith.100% reliable for me.

Stormseye
09-03-2018, 03:56 PM
I auto farm with benji, osiris and gunner lillith now. Success on auto is 99%. Make sure Gunner has LifeTalisman and you should keep perfect immunity up the whole time.

Muzzleloader
09-03-2018, 08:08 PM
Thanks, I am trying to help some of the newer players with possible teams. I still dont have gunner lilith. I could buy her, but was waiting to see about Frontier coin purchases. I acquire all the gods. I need 200 more for Alex Eddie but find it hard to spend that much on an Eddie.

I use Clansman, magus CotD and warrior lilith. I use the CotD for the immunity.

Knut-3112
09-03-2018, 08:45 PM
I tried Osiris, Gunner Lilith and Trooper Eddie and must say that this combination gives perfect immunity all the time thus guarantees 100% win rate on auto. Osiris and Trooper Eddie are not even sharded yet.

Muzzleloader
09-03-2018, 08:55 PM
Thanks, I am trying to give newer players some options to be able to auto NotB. I still dont have gunner lilith, I will buy her if there are no more lilith frag events. I was saving for the gods, but I acquired them without any frontier coins. Only need 200 more for Alex Eddie.

I use Clansman, warrior lilith and magus CotD for the immunity. I haven't tried any gods on auto yet.

Knut-3112
09-03-2018, 09:04 PM
Swapping Gunner Lilith for golden pharaoh dog might work as well, but will be quite slow.

Saigrim
09-04-2018, 07:02 PM
Best auto time yet.

Amarthir
09-04-2018, 10:19 PM
I've been using Alexander Eddie, backed with Osiris and blue undead rescuer.

Alex Eddie has Echo and Immunity
Osiris has Hunter, Immunity and Shell
Buzz has Oracle talismans

Oracle mixed with Osiris and Primordial Talismans (the background Eddie thing) will not only keep your team from dying, it'll basically keep your team from taking damage in general.

desprezo
11-21-2018, 10:21 AM
Since the Eddie ride along effect went away, might be a good time to update this thread.

I've been using the following team:
Benjamin Eddie with Eternals
Warrior Lilith with advantage and echo
The second ally should match W Lilith damage for a faster run, but pretty much any character is safe with the other two. Right now I'm using gunner shinobi girl Ibuki with Warlord, Angel and random Red.

Saving up FC for whatever new addition NF makes in the future, so I'm still missing Alex.

blade685
11-23-2018, 07:15 PM
i bought last week Alex Eddie only for that level to farm with him and upgrade 4 and 5* characters with only him sharded to save shards for sacrifices

Natasmai
03-06-2019, 03:57 PM
I have pretty much every toon now and i can farm anything auto (except night city, but who would). When I was just starting i was frustrated about not getting useful tips for a guy with limited options. So Im posting this as a bit of help for a lesser player (hopefully).

I dont know where he comes from or how easy he was to get, but Assassin Chopper is a god in this for farming, if you have him, use him.

I am able to (average 3 minutes) auto-farm Madness NOTB with only Assassin Chopper and Pharoah Eddie. 3rd can be anything (or blank even). Talisman on Eddie was energy and force (purchase with trooper badges) chopper can be any basic purples. Both toons are full sharded and all talismans are maxed, but that isnt too hard to do if you focus on just building this team.

Full disclosure, I have the basic relics fairly maxed out and I know that makes a ton of difference. I have health and fury lvl 10 and attack/magic lvl 8.

Id be interested in feedback from some newer player who may not have as much relic support.

Also, I do not farm NOTB with this team, just giving options to others. I use Alex plus Assassin Chopper and the 3rd is a leveling toon. Alex plus warrior Lilith is a bit faster even I would say.

gogosox40
03-06-2019, 04:47 PM
I have been using Benji Breeg Eddie with Immortal & Titan, The Madam with Oracle and Gunner Lilith with Destiny and Warp.
Been averaging about 2:50 per round with 100% health

natasar
03-06-2019, 08:32 PM
Alexander Eddie with Valor talismans can autofarm NOTB madness by himself (at least with enough relics). I use him and two random troopers to level up.

HuckFinn150
03-06-2019, 09:24 PM
I normally auto-farm NotB with Hallowed, Regina and Astra.

HeadOnFire
03-06-2019, 11:49 PM
Alexander Eddie with Valor talismans can autofarm NOTB madness by himself (at least with enough relics). I use him and two random troopers to level up.

Relics? You mean like the arena/gauntlet relics? I've never seen relics for any cosmos levels except the limited time Night City ones. Unless maybe they've expanded relics to cover PvE recently?

Natasmai
03-06-2019, 11:51 PM
Relics? You mean like the arena/gauntlet relics? I've never seen relics for any cosmos levels except the limited time Night City ones. Unless maybe they've expanded relics to cover PvE recently?

the relics that you buy for iron coins are good for every area of the game at all times and never expire.

kgk56
03-07-2019, 08:54 AM
Actually I use :
- Pharaoh Ramsesses Eddie
- KB
- KP
~1mn 100% wins no negative effects

b4 I used:
- Alexander
- KP
- Mariner
~1mn 99,99% wins negative effects on KP

Blade
03-07-2019, 09:01 AM
I use Alex with Echo, the rest is random

scott-5496
03-07-2019, 09:49 AM
Yeah I use Alex too - cant remember what he has on him but he never dies - the other two slots are characters that need levelled up though I tend to put tallies on them to speed it up a bit!

Esquatcho
03-07-2019, 12:57 PM
Without relics its a tough story to auto. Really you need some of the top chars to be able to do it. Im only about L4 for relics and have only just been able to auto this level. But now I can do it with hallowed, KP and one of the top level chars (banshees/alchemist/assassin hellraiser etc).

So yeah, I think if you want to auto this level, focus on getting some of the top chars and invest in survivability.

Hank93
03-07-2019, 04:18 PM
For Madness I'm running Cursader Eddie (Shadow/Advantage) W Lillith (Strike/Ruin/Random for the free slot) and A Chopper (Angel/Assassin). All skill shards, some talismans are at full level, my relics are around level 4 across the board. Clears it in between a 1:40 to two minutes and a half, depending on stuff like the chopper trying to scare the beast/toons with inmunity, but that's just the game AI being dumb as always.

Natasmai
03-08-2019, 12:37 AM
Without relics its a tough story to auto. Really you need some of the top chars to be able to do it. Im only about L4 for relics and have only just been able to auto this level. But now I can do it with hallowed, KP and one of the top level chars (banshees/alchemist/assassin hellraiser etc).

So yeah, I think if you want to auto this level, focus on getting some of the top chars and invest in survivability.

With Alex Eddie, you can absolutely farm this on madness without any relics. I only recently started buying relics during the last arena event and i definitely was able to farm it before then. But... It isnt like Alex is easy to get.

Esquatcho
03-08-2019, 04:07 AM
But... It isnt like Alex is easy to get.

Yep, thats right! I went Horus and Osiris first. Was on way to Sekhmet, but ended up getting a legendary heroic for this event. I may yet regret that decision, but if I get Mushashi, then I probably wont!