PDA

View Full Version : Cyborg Monday - Try out Cyborg Eddie for FREE!

Sparton_LOTB
11-27-2017, 12:02 AM
For the next 24 hours, try out a 5★ Cyborg Eddie using your NPC Troopers!

NPC Troopers is a new feature all players have access to, where 3 NPC Troopers (Deathcleft, Captain, and Tomahawk) can be rented once a day for Trooper Badges in addition to normal troopers. However, for the next 24 hours, all 3 NPCs have changed their champion from their normal eddies to Cyborg Eddie!

Each NPC has a different set of talismans on their Cyborg Eddie, so try them out and see which one you like most!

Deathcleft’s Eddie: 2 Resilience Talismans, 4 Immunity Talismans (Start battle with 2 turns of Immunity!)
Captain’s Eddie: 3 Assassin Talismans, 3 Thief Talismans (Does high damage and can steal Fury!)
Tomahawk’s Eddie: 3 Vampiric Talismans, 3 Invisibility Talismans (Can regain health and Vanish when attacking!)

If you want your own Cyborg Eddie, he is a 5★ Gunner, and as such is only rarely obtained even from souls that can drop him. To maximize your chances, there is a 1 day only In-App Purchase offer in the store for otherwise-unavailable Rare Gunner Souls, which guarantee a 3-5★ Gunner character! In addition to this offer, he is also available in other souls throughout the game that can drop that class and rarity of character, such as Rare Gun/Assassin Souls, Legendary Souls, or event souls.

Silentknight
11-27-2017, 12:10 AM
Wow, waited all month 4 this??? Here u go troopers, an actual level 100 FULLY sharded cyborg u can try, lmfao!

GotN
11-27-2017, 12:17 AM
There is no prize on what the deal costs in store. Ironit? Money?

So this is Cyborg Monday??? NF please tell me you thought it’s April 1st and this is a joke! This is just ridiculous!

IceManFerrar
11-27-2017, 12:19 AM
Lol, gotta agree with you here, SK...this is a big let down. I stayed on in the game after returning back for the Pumpkin Sacrific Event, just for THIS Cyborg Monday event, hoping to have a chance to score him.

Now to find out what it really is, wow, a big bust indeed!

Oh well, major anti-climatic end to the Nov events!

Amarthir
11-27-2017, 12:19 AM
The Fanbase: "Oh wow Cyborg Monday sounds so cool, maybe we can all grind for Cyborg Eddie and get him."

Nodding Frog:

Monte47
11-27-2017, 12:22 AM
The Cyborg deal in the store has no price value on it, if you try to claim or buy it, it says “purchase failed”. How much is it going to be anyway?

Silentknight
11-27-2017, 12:26 AM
The Cyborg deal in the store has no price value on it, if you try to claim or buy it, it says “purchase failed”. How much is it going to be anyway?

$47.99 Canadian for a 3-5☆ gunner???

T-Man
11-27-2017, 12:26 AM
What a huge punch in the nuts! Big time low blow NF! :mad:

Silentknight
11-27-2017, 12:28 AM
Lol, gotta after with you here, SK...this is a big let down. I stayed on in the game after returning back for the Pumpkin Sacrific Event, just for THIS Cyborg Monday event, hoping to have a chance to score him.

Now to find out what it really is, wow, a big bust indeed!

Oh well, major anti-climatic end to the Nov events!

Said earlier I ♡ all the events...not this one! For noobs only, absolutely nothing for anyone else! Unless u wanna spend $50. Good thing Enti quit, he'd be pissed!!!

cokas13
11-27-2017, 12:28 AM

It shows 39 euros for me.

Amarthir
11-27-2017, 12:40 AM
I have a fully sharded maxed out Cyborg Eddie, and like, 5 of my troopers have him as their champion. This event isn't even an event.

Liebhild
11-27-2017, 12:42 AM
For every minute they invested for this they deserve something special in their ...

They would have better used the time for fixing the bugs.

Amarthir
11-27-2017, 12:49 AM
For every minute they invested for this they deserve something special in their ...

They would have better used the time for fixing the bugs.

Probs took em like, 2 minutes. Doesn't seem that hard to change 3 npc characters. Besides, they said that making events doesn't affect their bug fixing. Just gives us something to do while we wait.

kkkreg5
11-27-2017, 01:01 AM
Be prepared for the BIG Christmas let down...

Monte47
11-27-2017, 01:02 AM
$47.99 Canadian for a 3-5☆ gunner???

Rofl. Pass.

MrFreeze
11-27-2017, 01:06 AM
I think it’s a play on words. Cyborg Monday...Cyber Monday. A bad joke, but they made me laugh with this one. I think your supposed to have big sales on cyber Monday though.

kkkreg5
11-27-2017, 01:42 AM
I think it’s a play on words. Cyborg Monday...Cyber Monday. A bad joke, but they made me laugh with this one. I think your supposed to have big sales on cyber Monday though.

They're hoping to get the newbs to buy 10 "chances" at pulling a Cyborg for real cash. Sounds like a "sale" to me...;)

Yup
11-27-2017, 02:35 AM
They're hoping to get the newbs to buy 10 "chances" at pulling a Cyborg for real cash. Sounds like a "sale" to me...;)

yeah.. you just need to remember what the last 10 Rare Souls you got resulted in.. most likely 3 star characters. Odds of pulling Cyborg Eddie are likely worse than winning a jackpot in Vegas.

But on the other hand... just giving away Cyborg Eddie might anger those who took the time to grind away and find him. So....

slauki
11-27-2017, 05:11 AM
most misleading event name ever. someone has apparently read the book on how to piss of customers...

Wyphy
11-27-2017, 05:35 AM
just giving away Cyborg Eddie might anger those who took the time to grind away and find him. So....

Well, they gave away Pharaoh Eddie just for logging in for seven days straight, can't say that was tough.
Could have at least had a fragment event or tie it into the arena event (e.g. get cyborg soul for 50 wins, Monday only), though probably not the best idea with the bugs, but something actually interesting at least.

Just as Amarthir, I've got (or had, at least) troopers that have him, so been there, done that.

With the issues and this amazing event to cap off the month, I think I'm just about done here.
Was really never interested in phone game apps, but saw the promo on the screen at a show this summer and figured since I'd been a fan so long, I thought I'd give it a go.
This experience certainly hasn't changed my mind about them.

Dear NF,
Only took about 3 months for a new player (and 25+ year fan of the band) to start seriously thinking about leaving because of all the bugs with this game.
Perhaps you should start seriously thinking about that.

Sincerely,
WyPhy-7624

Sick
11-27-2017, 06:45 AM
I love this event. It is the first bug free thing they have ever done.
Up the frogs.

eddiejose
11-27-2017, 07:04 AM
I love this event. It is the first bug free thing they have ever done.
Up the frogs.

Nope, the price is not showing for me... I couldn't buy it even if I wanted! That's how you make business lol

Sick
11-27-2017, 07:10 AM
Nope, the price is not showing for me... I couldn't buy it even if I wanted! That's how you make business lol

Same here. If they can‘t even do such a simple event bug free, they will surely never be able to fix the serious problems. Is NF something like a project for High School kids?

Ip4
11-27-2017, 07:13 AM
no one can buy,maybe it's better...

Heavy1974
11-27-2017, 07:44 AM
Oh man, I always found something good in all the events over the past weeks BUT this Cyborg Monday is
just a bad joke.
I was ready to grind 1000 frags in BNW or LOL in a day with low dropchances - but no- it is just using silly
wannabe troopers.
C´mon NF - not serious here, are you ?

Kris-0707
11-27-2017, 08:27 AM
What else to say? All events are joke in that game, but this one is just the masterpiece, big fat LOL from me.

blade685
11-27-2017, 09:30 AM
the most joke event for sure ^^

PerthEddie
11-27-2017, 10:09 AM
For the next 24 hours, try out a 5★ Cyborg Eddie using your NPC Troopers!

To maximize your chances, there is a 1 day only In-App Purchase offer in the store for otherwise-unavailable Rare Gunner Souls, which guarantee a 3-5★ Gunner character!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4mY4FHyT80

scott-5496
11-27-2017, 10:35 AM
I rarely complain much at all about the game - but I have to say after all this time waiting for a Cyborg and getting nothing I thought this 'event' might do it for me and I would finally get him. But sadly no. This I have to say, is a massive let down. As others have said I cant even buy a soul if I wanted to.

However, I did get Trooper Ed at the weekend so at least I got him on my second trooper soul.

R1ck
11-27-2017, 11:57 AM
No more to add. F*cking ridiculous event. Will have an easy defense for some days to help people to get fast wins. Hopefully will stay in low ranks where some people are doing the same.

satani
11-27-2017, 12:11 PM
But on the other hand... just giving away Cyborg Eddie might anger those who took the time to grind away and find him. So....

Well, it took me months i rather spent in Sentinel Souls only to get the Pharaoh Eddie. Countless 3*s, a few pyros and SSD, 3 alliance generals later i got him. (not to mention countless Skillshards i missed) Then only to get him as 4* for free? Can't say that i'm beyond the point of needing him now, I even dropped me another Pharaoh, even though it said, he was removed from the book of souls.

So yeah, i expected something similar to the Pharaoh-Eddie Event, where you could get a Cyborg eddie for real.
He may be rare, but he is by now by far not the most powerful eddie. I have him on one device and only use him in PVE. For PVP, i have far better eddies.

Witkacy
11-27-2017, 12:56 PM

Jose :)

All that because CE is simply priceless LOL

Cheers,

W

Witkacy
11-27-2017, 01:05 PM
He may be rare, but he is by now by far not the most powerful eddie...

Satani :)

That's true, yet even if he's NOT the most powerful Eddie in the Universe now - he still is and will be one of the most seek and want ones because of one simple fact: ''Somewhere In Time'' has iconic, magical status amongst the fans and it happenin' through the years... So people will be after him always - and for many devoted maniacs - once obtained - like Holy Graal in their possessions...

Cheers,

W

blade685
11-27-2017, 01:41 PM
i see the price on android: 38.99€ for that ^^
we can see that prices only on mobile games (with so poor content) it is totally crazy
It's the price of a full game with 100 millions for development
I think they don't live in our world :rolleyes:

Yup
11-27-2017, 01:50 PM
On the bright side.. I can set Cyborg Eddie as my champion and do as much for my troopers this Cyborg Monday as NF is doing.... :)

blade685
11-27-2017, 01:56 PM
On the bright side.. I can set Cyborg Eddie as my champion and do as much for my troopers this Cyborg Monday as NF is doing.... :)

it is my actual champ ^^

GotN
11-27-2017, 02:02 PM

Constantly have 5-10 troopers with cyborg champion, so THANK YOU NF FOR NOTHING!!!
Btw why don’t we get badges from these additional "troopers“??? I think I will kick them. Are totally useless anyway! Am at Lv. 100 so highest they can get is Lv. 85??? Baaah...

eddiejose
11-27-2017, 02:09 PM
Jose :)

All that because CE is simply priceless LOL

Cheers,

W

Yeah, mine came from a monthly soul, so definitely priceless ;)

yojo
11-27-2017, 02:33 PM
I think that it´s not much to said about this event, disappointment at least...
in other subject, I have 3 trooper with yellow name (beside the 3 of NPC), what mean that are in yellow letter?

Yup
11-27-2017, 03:44 PM
I think I will kick them.

That's not possible

I think that it´s not much to said about this event, disappointment at least...
in other subject, I have 3 trooper with yellow name (beside the 3 of NPC), what mean that are in yellow letter?

They are brainless game troopers there to let new players have troopers in order to collect badges. See, they can't offer rewards for trooper badges without also providing a way to get trooper badges. Since they implemented the 300 trooper badges for trooper fragments, they had to give solitary players a way to collect trooper badges... so everyone got the three ghost troopers.

MetalKing
11-27-2017, 04:17 PM
We can buy talisman packs with a guaranteed talisman in it, or grind away for fragments with a guaranteed character at the end, but now can buy a pack of souls on the cyber Monday for a CHANCE of cyber Eddie? No thanks!
Otherwise I'm fairly happy. I spent money on soul packs before but now only spend on guarantees.

yojo
11-27-2017, 06:52 PM
They are brainless game troopers there to let new players have troopers in order to collect badges. See, they can't offer rewards for trooper badges without also providing a way to get trooper badges. Since they implemented the 300 trooper badges for trooper fragments, they had to give solitary players a way to collect trooper badges... so everyone got the three ghost troopers.

Yup, but this are another three trooper, I don´t know why they are in yellow

Yup
11-27-2017, 07:10 PM

Oh there's a color glitch... 3 of your standard troopers may turn yellow.. which means nothing as far as I can tell.

Sparton_LOTB
11-27-2017, 07:14 PM
Regarding the lack of price for the related IAP pack on iOS, that pack was not set up correctly, and as such has been temporarily pulled from the store. We will re-add it when it has been fixed and extend the availability for the IAP packs to some time after it becomes available again.

The NPC Trooper portion of the event will still end at 4 PM PT today.

Yup (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9267-Cyborg-Monday-Try-out-Cyborg-Eddie-for-FREE!&p=62785&viewfull=1#post62785) just beat me to it, but to reiterate, there's a visual bug where the wrong troopers can inherent the "NPC Trooper Yellow" on their names. There's nothing special about those real troopers; it's just a problem with how the scrollview is optimizing information to not overload the device by loading too much information at once.

GotN
11-27-2017, 08:40 PM
That's not possible

I know, that was a joke ;)

GotN
11-27-2017, 08:44 PM
So Sparton/ KAZ what about receiving badges from the NPCTroopers?!? So they wouldn’t be totally useless... ;)

Yup
11-27-2017, 08:54 PM
Well.. you play them and you get 75 badges... you just don't get the other 75 in return. They aren't totally useless.... but they can definitely see useless from where they are.

Amarthir
11-27-2017, 09:10 PM
So anyone else wondering why there's a Chopper Soul and a Guardian Soul in the fragments menu? Or is it just me.

Sick
11-27-2017, 09:31 PM
So anyone else wondering why there's a Chopper Soul and a Guardian Soul in the fragments menu? Or is it just me.

The devs are working really hard on their new project „individual bugs“. I‘ve got the Chopper, Crimson & Guardian Soul. Of course all of them had been claimed already.

GotN
11-27-2017, 09:44 PM

Don’t have those, but I’m wondering bout gunner golden Pharao dog fragments. Yeah, NF is really working hard on individuel bugs 😬

Tridimensionale
11-27-2017, 10:05 PM
This event was only meant to troll players ?! lol at least some increased chance to get him..
Already have my Cyborg but i feel upset for the guys that hoped to score him in this event..

mjmxiii
11-28-2017, 02:35 AM

..and the right week to put down LotB!

Silentknight
11-28-2017, 03:16 AM
NF team member...Monday, 9am. Cyborg Monday brainstorm meeting.

mjmxiii
11-28-2017, 04:08 AM
NF team member...Monday, 9am. Cyborg Monday brainstorm meeting.

Correct. LOL! ...and at the same meeting... they reviewed the bugs and approved the update...

Duane2112
11-28-2017, 05:09 AM
LMAO! Funny stuff