PDA

View Full Version : Lord of Light - First Impressions

Vaseodin
08-18-2016, 01:10 AM
Curious what everyone thinks of the new content. On the positive, I love the stages. The music is great, the villains are menacing, and the increasing difficulty is reasonable. The rewards are just right for what these dungeons are supposed to be.

Negative: Not much, other than typical bugs when new content is released. After and including Lord of Light 8 it seems the boss becomes immune to Eddie's attacks. Actually, even his minions are immune. I know it's a bug because even skills like revive aren't working properly. And yes, I know about accuraccy decrease, silence, and blindness. But this goes beyond those status effects and is preventing me from beating level 8-10 without reviving, as none of my Eddies can do anything but stand there and take hits.

Overall once they get those bugs ironed out, this seems like a great update.

talpuz
08-18-2016, 01:15 AM
Lord of light 7 has these problems as well, if you don't kill him fast enough. After a while in the battle you can't hit him at all!! I can't believe they didn't notice this before releasing the new levels....

Jennie-5128
08-18-2016, 02:49 AM
I can't get past VIII and the highest level evo shard it's dropped on levels I to VII is 2*, and all of them have been green. I need 3* rainbow. I've been selling 1* and 2* green for ages.

So, you know, minor disappointment there.

The level is pretty, and the ironite is welcome, but it's not the panacea we were promised for the lack of evo shards :(

Still, it's so nice to be able to play at all right now that I'm not going to moan too much.

Syrinx2112
08-18-2016, 03:19 AM
I don't know, it might be just me but I felt a little dizzy after a while with all those lights and the new perspective of the battlefield.

Kulimar
08-18-2016, 03:43 AM
I can't get past VIII and the highest level evo shard it's dropped on levels I to VII is 2*, and all of them have been green. I need 3* rainbow. I've been selling 1* and 2* green for ages.

So, you know, minor disappointment there.

The level is pretty, and the ironite is welcome, but it's not the panacea we were promised for the lack of evo shards :(

Still, it's so nice to be able to play at all right now that I'm not going to moan too much.

I've gotten 3 star drops on VII and above. I know this because I've been farming those levels with low tier Troopers :p

It's rarer for sure than the higher tiers, but they do drop. About the same as the old campaign rate really.

Deezenuts
08-18-2016, 03:45 AM
Same problem here with Lord of Light 7. nothing registering (team heals, shields, cleanse etc.) after a few round with boss. then he/it/whatever eventually wore me down to death. decent looking run though, and the ironite is of course a bonus.

Jennie-5128
08-18-2016, 03:46 AM
About the same as the old campaign rate really.
You mean the rate we were all complaining about, that the time rift was supposed to solve?

Gonzo
08-18-2016, 03:51 AM
You mean the rate we were all complaining about, that the time rift was supposed to solve?

Yes... Unfortunately the drop rate seems to be the same as before. Although I would say we need to be cautious, it's been live for less than 4hs.

Jennie-5128
08-18-2016, 03:54 AM
Perhaps the devs thought that after a week or so of no evo shards at all we'd be so grateful we wouldn't notice... :/

Vaseodin
08-18-2016, 06:07 AM
perhaps the devs thought that after a week or so of no evo shards at all we'd be so grateful we wouldn't notice... :/

lol!

Lol!

Enti
08-18-2016, 11:42 AM
Curious what everyone thinks of the new content. On the positive, I love the stages. The music is great, the villains are menacing, and the increasing difficulty is reasonable. The rewards are just right for what these dungeons are supposed to be.

Negative: Not much, other than typical bugs when new content is released. After and including Lord of Light 8 it seems the boss becomes immune to Eddie's attacks. Actually, even his minions are immune. I know it's a bug because even skills like revive aren't working properly. And yes, I know about accuraccy decrease, silence, and blindness. But this goes beyond those status effects and is preventing me from beating level 8-10 without reviving, as none of my Eddies can do anything but stand there and take hits.

Overall once they get those bugs ironed out, this seems like a great update.

I experienced the same so far. I beat all levels though, but the bug where attacks don't land on boss, combined with the heal block is simply an overkill... I can do nothing but watch Eddie wither away slowly, even if there would be a chance to beat the boss based on dmg and hp. On the other hand, this bug is apparently random, as I could eventually land some hits later on. Have no idea how this is supposed to work but bit annoying. Other than that, I really think this is a great dungeon

Jessiah
08-18-2016, 01:35 PM
I barely managed to clear level IX (and that's with three ironite revives, a Boned-out 5* lvl 100 Solider Eddie, a massively amped Blue Allied Solider, an empowered Red Souless demon, and a rented 5* lvl 100 Red-headed Child of The DAMNED.)

The fake difficultly created by the bugged, crazy OP 'Accuracy Down' debuff is horrendous.
Hey devs, do you think you can release a temporary hotfix that disables that game-breaker power? (In the Underworld at least the God-damned Blue bats can only target a single target at a time-- the LoL Boss can repeatedly cheese the entire party with that nonsense.)

Bryan-3528
08-18-2016, 03:18 PM
I like using Soldier Eddie and seeing him roll up in his tank for his special move on the walkway that looks like it's from another world. The contrast of the landscape and his graphic is so out of place, but I like it.

Nekroliun
08-18-2016, 04:01 PM
Been having good luck at getting rainbows, got 2 3* randbows and 6 2* rainbows, got 3 2* star green evo shards and 2 3* green evo shard, too bad i wont be needing those cuz i got the general. I was hoping the dung wouldve released sunday for gunner day but what can u do :/

Overall i think its great, i got lucky with the drops, but I think after the 9th stage it gets too hard, had to use my best trooper to defeat the last stage, but pretty nice update imo

Kulimar
08-18-2016, 04:16 PM

Technically there were no 3* in the last week or so at all :D

I really meant before they lowered the rates in the campaign. It's actually easier to get a specific color now than at any point before, I feel. I remember the days when I would have to grind all of battlefield for a week in search of a single elusive 3* gunner shard. If the Gunner Dungeon is anything like this one in terms of drop rates, then I would find just about all the 3*s for a single character I would need in a day or two now.

Vaseodin
08-18-2016, 04:19 PM
I find the white (rainbow) ones are still very elusive.

Jennie-5128
08-18-2016, 04:20 PM
Fingers crossed, Kulimar :)
It's the rainbow ones that are the sticking point for me, because ALL characters need those to go from 4* to 5*; I actually have enough of a couple of the colours but upgrading one char wipes me out of rainbow :(

OpticSugar
08-18-2016, 06:14 PM
So I have some questions and possible solutions here for the Time Rift Dungeons.

I too have experienced certain characters do no damage to the Lord of Light. The emphasis for me is on the word "certain" characters. This got me thinking, "Am I missing something here?". Then I looked back to Matt's original post about the TRD (Time Rift Dungeons). It's active five days a week, and each day focuses on a different class... today (thursday) is Sentinel. So, does this mean that all the enemies in the dungeon are Sentinels... and we need to use troops that can beat Sentinels? Or does it mean we need to use an army of Sentinels to beat this dungeon. I'm a little confused.

Can anyone clarify? Is this the key to beating these higher levels?

Gonzo
08-18-2016, 06:15 PM
Well... YES. Every character will be of the same class.

But you don't need an army of warriors for this dungeons. I have only one and had no problems with them.

I can't hit the boss sometimes but he doesn't hit too hard. If you have good green talismans it's almost easy.

Right now I'm using Soldier Eddie; Corrupted Harpy; Allied Soldier Magus and the Warrior Golden Son that I maxed as soon as I got him :P

OpticSugar
08-18-2016, 06:30 PM
yeah, I tried out your Golden Son... he's a beast! Thanks for sharing and giving us all a glimpse of his potential!

\m/

Vaseodin
08-18-2016, 07:08 PM
So I have some questions and possible solutions here for the Time Rift Dungeons.

I too have experienced certain characters do no damage to the Lord of Light. The emphasis for me is on the word "certain" characters. This got me thinking, "Am I missing something here?". Then I looked back to Matt's original post about the TRD (Time Rift Dungeons). It's active five days a week, and each day focuses on a different class... today (thursday) is Sentinel. So, does this mean that all the enemies in the dungeon are Sentinels... and we need to use troops that can beat Sentinels? Or does it mean we need to use an army of Sentinels to beat this dungeon. I'm a little confused.

Can anyone clarify? Is this the key to beating these higher levels?

Having a set of strong warriors will certainly help make things a bit easier, but it's most definitely not necessary.

hanZ
08-18-2016, 08:06 PM
The dungeon is not that hard. It's the bugs that make it nearly unbeatable in the higher levels, if you are not extremely lucky....

Edit; oh, they've fixed it - Level X done :)

ShadowRising
08-18-2016, 10:06 PM
yea my soldier eddie at 60 with high tal,s don't even scratch him a LOT of the time, but some of my other chars do so i have to widdle away at him him until eddie finally hits or i have to revive.

Jaylo
08-19-2016, 02:39 PM
I would love to have a crack at the new rifts with my lvl 100 Axis Commander & gang but i'm still locked out of the game :(

Jennie-5128
08-19-2016, 02:42 PM
Jaylo that's sucktacular :(

Every time I see the title of this thread I keep expecting someone to have pasted a photo of themselves doing an impression of the Lord of light...

Vaseodin
08-19-2016, 05:14 PM
jaylo that's sucktacular :(

every time i see the title of this thread i keep expecting someone to have pasted a photo of themselves doing an impression of the lord of light...

lol!

Lol!

ironmaiden84
08-25-2016, 12:12 PM
Now it restarts. A Little bit sad that there is no more ironite dropping.

Farming for 3* rainbow shards is not so great for me. Did replay several Level 8 with 10-20x and got 1-2 of These shards. Not so great. Going to farm for runes again.

lockpeter
08-31-2016, 11:22 AM
Well, I for one think that the rift unbalanced the game.

I had 4 5* troopers before rift. Now I have more than 30 5* troopers. My own eddie was 4* hopeless for 5*. Now he is 5*.

Obviously the rift increased a LOT the evolution shards obtained by players. And now everyone farming for them in the rift have them in enough quantities.

I think that new 6* or 7* contents are on the way (4* and 5* evolution shards). Otherway it is pointless.

I think that it is an stage (the rift) to be able to access next stage after the previous one with enough power to start. Specially from underworld to the next one, as the evolution is rather balanced until underworld madness (and later hard).

techmaster
08-31-2016, 02:40 PM
I'm playing quite a lot these levels, its hard, very hard to get a 3 star shard (rainbow) to evolve my chars. Almost all chars requires nine 3* rainbow

Now i have soldier eddie 5* and angel of pain 5*

Any tips for my 3rd char? I have a bomber guy 4* its powerfull, but not tanky and also have a wicker man 4*

Vaseodin
08-31-2016, 04:28 PM
Well, I for one think that the rift unbalanced the game.

I had 4 5* troopers before rift. Now I have more than 30 5* troopers. My own eddie was 4* hopeless for 5*. Now he is 5*.

Obviously the rift increased a LOT the evolution shards obtained by players. And now everyone farming for them in the rift have them in enough quantities.

I think that new 6* or 7* contents are on the way (4* and 5* evolution shards). Otherway it is pointless.

I think that it is an stage (the rift) to be able to access next stage after the previous one with enough power to start. Specially from underworld to the next one, as the evolution is rather balanced until underworld madness (and later hard).

I disagree about throwing off the balance. The reason for your troopers having more 5* characters is because they are playing daily and advancement is part of any role playing game. No advancement = boredom.

The dungeons are necessary and the drop rates are extremely low. I ran the red and blue dungeon (over 40 runs each) for the past 3 days (total over 120 runs ) and have 3 rainbow 3* evo shards to show for it. 3.

And that is running level 9 on both colors nonstop.

I refill my sands a minimum of 2-5 times per day and run nonstop when I'm working on a character. Most players are casual players, which means they don't' need to refill the sands. But the drop rate means a casual player may end up with 2-3 rainbow shards after running all their sands of time in dungeons for a week. I would say it's not game breaking at all. In fact, I would say there is still a lot of work to be done in regards to drop rates.

lockpeter
09-01-2016, 02:34 PM
Vaseodin.
Any info regarding the droprate is experience driven.
My opinion is based on exponential explosion in ONE DAY (approximately the day after first fighter day) from a handful of 5* troopers ( from 50 total troopers) to more than 30.
All of this in just one day.
May be they adjusted back the drop rate. But the fact is that the 5* troopers rocketed up (and curiously everyone got to level 100 asap). This means a lot more gems and a lot more gold available.
If they took it back (the drop rate) then it is worse. Because some players got their BIG reward to play, and some players will not get the same.

All in all the game is now flooding with level 100 5* troopers. And that regardless to anyone's test about drop rates now.

Of course. I may be due to everyone being short of 3 or 4 color gems, and 3 or 4 colorless ones. But then it took one day to gather all the remains. Before that it was the work of weeks. Now it was the work of 3 or 4 days in the rifts of casual play (to get the remaining gem).

I was lucky enough to have two corrupt generals to fight (and a souless demon assasin or a third general from troopers) for the rift. Buy it took me just one day to get 3 colorless and 3 red (for my eddie) Before that reds were just one per week. And colorless were one in two weeks. But that is my experience. Just that.

eddiejose
09-01-2016, 02:46 PM
Well, I can't speak for others, but in my case, I just needed 5/6 3* yellow shards to get my Soldier Eddie to 5*. I spent the whole 2 days it opened for the first time farming the gunner dungeon and I got the last one just a few minutes before it changed class. Maybe there were many people like me who only needed a few evo shards to get their characters to 5* and that could explain that increase in 5* troopers ;)