PDA

View Full Version : Raider’s Sacrifice Event - Increased Chance for Viking Eddie!

Sparton_LOTB
12-15-2017, 12:01 AM
Get Raider’s Souls for an increased chance of Viking Eddie from Sacrifice!

From now until December 23rd, 4pm PT, the Raider’s Soul has become available! The Raider’s Soul is a limited time event soul which guarantees a 3 to 5* character of any class, with an increased chance of getting Viking Eddie!

The first way you can get Raider’s Souls is from the Sacrifice feature. You can now get additional Raider’s Souls as a bonus for certain sacrifices:

Tier VI sacrifices have a bonus 5 Raider’s Souls (in addition to normal sacrifice rewards)
Tier VII sacrifices have a bonus 10 Raider’s Souls (in addition to normal sacrifice rewards)
Vortexes have a bonus 5 Raider’s Souls (in addition to normal Vortex rewards and normal sacrifice rewards)

The second way you can get Raider’s Souls is from the store for Ironite. These are available in 1, 3 or 10 soul bundles.

Even if you cannot make it to a Tier VI sacrifice right now, don’t forget that you can open common Souls and sacrifice the results for a chance at Rare Souls. You can then use the Rare Souls to get enough 3 star and 4 star extra characters for your next Tier VI sacrifice!

Also, did you know you can double your rewards for a sacrifice? Doing a sacrifice with a higher amount of essence than the minimum required gives you a chance of getting double rewards based on how much you’ve exceeded the essence requirement. If you double the essence required for a tier, you’ll be guaranteed to get double the rewards!

Viking Eddie is a 5 star Sentinel that is available in all appropriate souls for his class and rarity. Check out more on Viking Eddie in his Character Discussions forum post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?4516).

Amarthir
12-15-2017, 12:08 AM
It's an okay sounding event but I'll pass since I already have Viking Eddie.

Also, did you know you can double your rewards for a sacrifice? Doing a sacrifice with a higher amount of essence than the minimum required gives you a chance of getting double rewards based on how much you’ve exceeded the essence requirement. If you double the essence required for a tier, you’ll be guaranteed to get double the rewards!

So does this imply that if I sacrifice for example, 21,000 essence, there's a (likely small) chance of the rewards doubling?

Sparton_LOTB
12-15-2017, 12:17 AM
So does this imply that if I sacrifice for example, 21,000 essence, there's a (likely small) chance of the rewards doubling?

Correct. Even 20,001 essence has a chance of doubling... just a very, very small one.

DIEDD
12-15-2017, 12:56 AM
well, really cool event.
I said "wow at the end the viking eddie will be mine" it was not like that but at least I got a ton of skill shards and the event will last for some time, good job NF!

Amarthir
12-15-2017, 01:01 AM
Well holy moly, I did a dupe Purge and managed an Exalted sac. I actually pulled a Pharaoh Dog King and a Warrior Child of the Damned, neither of which I had before.

Alright, event over for me, I'm happy.

cokas13
12-15-2017, 01:02 AM
Just did six tierVI sacrifices, including a vortex. After openning hundreds of souls i got zero 5 star characters :( .At least i got the last 4 star toon i was missing.

Amarthir
12-15-2017, 01:07 AM
Just did six tierVI sacrifices, including a vortex. After openning hundreds of souls i got zero 5 star characters :( .At least i got the last 4 star toon i was missing.

Wow, seeing your results now made me realize that this game literally is the definition of RNG. Nevertheless I applaud the people who can casually do multiple tier 6 sacrifices. With my current roster I can top off my vortex but I don't have any more dupes to spend.

bort
12-15-2017, 01:07 AM

I see my future

90mphyorker
12-15-2017, 01:12 AM
Thanks for the event, guys. Always nice to have a Sacrafice event, particularly when you've been hoarding Souls for it.

Not such luck for me though. Well for what I was after, anyway. Opened 560 common souls, 4 Legendary Souls, about 20 Raider Souls and I lost count on the amount of Rare G/A, Rare Souls and Rare Warrior/Magus Sentinel Souls I opened. Disappointingly no 5* Characters, so the two characters I was after the most (Samurai and Rainmaker) didn't drop.

Did get lots of red eyes, which was good, but just not what I wanted. Filled the Vortex and 25 Alchemist Fragments dropped which was good as the last 2 only gave me 15 each time.

Fair few skill shards too, though not as much I'd have like. Hahaha. Close to filling the votetex again though so overall still a good event for me.

Cheers guys.

Though question for everyone. Does anybody else actually want Shardd, XP Runes, Sands of Time/War and stuff like that from Sacrafice? All I want is Souls or Skill Shards. Hit a worthy Sacrafice and it gave me a bunch of 5* XP Runes. Nice but I'd rather just get Souls. Maybe that's just me though.

ShadowedLies
12-15-2017, 01:28 AM
2 T6 sacs got me a total of 40 G/A souls which netted me Hallowed, Rainmaker, and Tailgunner Eddies and Gunner CotD so I am happy with this. Raider souls netted only 3*s, but I cannot complain.

Amarthir
12-15-2017, 01:33 AM
Though question for everyone. Does anybody else actually want Shardd, XP Runes, Sands of Time/War and stuff like that from Sacrafice? All I want is Souls or Skill Shards. Hit a worthy Sacrafice and it gave me a bunch of 5* XP Runes. Nice but I'd rather just get Souls. Maybe that's just me though.

In my opinion, I think the rewards are pretty fairly spread, it's just getting to those specific tiers that I don't always like.

I made a point a few months ago about raising the sacrifice value of 3* toons to a high enough amount where, if you could fully level up and evolve 10 3* toons you could at least get a tier 5 or a very high tier 4. Otherwise only 4*s can make the middle tiers and they're really meant for the high tiers.

90mphyorker
12-15-2017, 02:09 AM
In my opinion, I think the rewards are pretty fairly spread, it's just getting to those specific tiers that I don't always like.

I made a point a few months ago about raising the sacrifice value of 3* toons to a high enough amount where, if you could fully level up and evolve 10 3* toons you could at least get a tier 5 or a very high tier 4. Otherwise only 4*s can make the middle tiers and they're really meant for the high tiers.

I'm not questioning if were fair actually, I do. believe they are. Just wondering if anybody felt the same as me. I know if Sacrafice just gave away only souls, unless the essence to hit a minor Sacrsfice was increaed, it would be raining Rare Souls with how essy it would be to hit Tier 1/2/3.

Like for example the Tier 4 Sacrafice I mentioned earlier. I think it was 7 5* XP Shards I got. If the equivalent for Souls was 1 Rare GA Soul I'd much rather have that.

Curious if anybody went into Sacrafice hopingto get XP Runes and that.

JJJ428
12-15-2017, 02:10 AM
The only sacrifices I ever make are level 1, 2 and 6. It was said before and I think still rings true a level 6 is so good I don't ever see the point of going for a level 7. Think about the rewards which would you rather have 5 level 6 rewards or 2 level 7. If anyone does the other sacrifices more I love for them to weigh in on this.

Yup
12-15-2017, 03:34 AM
The only sacrifices I ever make are level 1, 2 and 6. It was said before and I think still rings true a level 6 is so good I don't ever see the point of going for a level 7. Think about the rewards which would you rather have 5 level 6 rewards or 2 level 7. If anyone does the other sacrifices more I love for them to weigh in on this.

Yup.. I tend to do 1-2-3-6 if I hit a full 7 its because I somehow got a LOT of 5 star dups quickly. A more recent issue is that lvl 6 sacrifices have been REALLY unlikely to drop skill shards. I've been collecting those more from vortex fills.

Ezz
12-15-2017, 04:26 AM
Great event - But Why iis it I keep opening 10 common souls at a time but I only get 1 toon? Anyone else having this issue? I’ve probably wasted 70 souls at this point and got nothing for them.

Also is it just me - or do these events not allow rare souls to drop from T1 sacrifices? I always use around ~450 essence for T1’s to get 4 rewards. Ordinarily I get a rare soul about 1 out of 5 T1 sacrifices. In this event I have done probably 50 T1 sacrifices without getting one rare soul. And I also remember during the Hallowed Ed event I did tons of T1 sacrifices and never got a rare soul.

T-Man
12-15-2017, 04:41 AM
Why is it I keep opening 10 common souls at a time but I only get 1 toon? Anyone else having this issue? I’ve probably wasted 70 souls at this point and got nothing for them.

Yes, been trying to solve this along with support for some time. It has something to do with multiple stacks.
Try using stacks that are lower than 99 first.

Though some times you have to find the stack that these drops pull from.

Example:
I have several stacks of 99,and one stack of say 20.
I sacrifice 10 souls from the 20 stack.
Instead of the Book of Souls drawing from the stack of 20 it drew from one of my other stacks.
With my next sacrifice/s, I would then use the stack it drew until I deplete that stack.

I’m not 100% positive this works all the time. Only been following this pattern for a week or so, but so far so good.

Hope this helps. Perhaps others will have more to add here. This has been driving me nuts for some time.

Sick
12-15-2017, 06:12 AM
After thinking for ages, I would be the only one in the game who doesn‘t have VHE, he dropped twice this morning.😆
Additionally I had tons of 4* dupes, a Pharao dupe and a long waited for purple spice girl.

Love this event!

Ezz
12-15-2017, 06:27 AM
Yes, been trying to solve this along with support for some time. It has something to do with multiple stacks.
Try using stacks that are lower than 99 first.

Though some times you have to find the stack that these drops pull from.

Example:
I have several stacks of 99,and one stack of say 20.
I sacrifice 10 souls from the 20 stack.
Instead of the Book of Souls drawing from the stack of 20 it drew from one of my other stacks.
With my next sacrifice/s, I would then use the stack it drew until I deplete that stack.

I’m not 100% positive this works all the time. Only been following this pattern for a week or so, but so far so good.

Hope this helps. Perhaps others will have more to add here. This has been driving me nuts for some time.

Good call - I tried the lower stacks and it seems to be working fine. Thank you Tman

Also as an update - I did around 20 more T1 sacs and finally got a rare soul to drop

Yup
12-15-2017, 06:44 AM
After thinking for ages, I would be the only one in the game who doesn‘t have VHE, he dropped twice this morning.😆
Additionally I had tons of 4* dupes, a Pharao dupe and a long waited for purple spice girl.

Love this event!

Dropped twice from these Raider's souls??

Patrice-1201
12-15-2017, 08:08 AM

Love this event!

Congrats mate, he was the last Eddie to complete my collection (just before Eternity was released) since then I got him at least 6 times....

Sick
12-15-2017, 08:49 AM
Dropped twice from these Raider's souls??

No, actually the Raider‘s souls have been pretty useless. I did a 40k sacrifice which guaranteed double rewards. That gave me 30 rare g/a souls.

slauki
12-15-2017, 09:32 AM
Curious if anybody went into Sacrafice hopingto get XP Runes and that.

since you can farm shards/runes pretty easy it'S pointless to let these drop from higher sacrifice tiers imo. the only real limited things are souls and skillshards, so i like that the higher tiers only drop this real rare stuff...

but i agree that the 3* are very underrated in value. they are pretty limited as well and the gap between 3* and 4* is way to big.

but all in all i won't complain about sacrifice again, because i did that long enough :D. and the recent changes were great, sacrifice as it is is very generous so no need to get greedy i think.

but this event doesn't fit me at all. not a fan, but we cannot love every event so i'm very okay with it.

EDIT: yeah the soul stack issue is a mess, especially if you have several stacks of one type of souls. that's why the book of soul gets confused. would be cool if we would see some fixes for that, but it's no high priority issue i guess ;)

satani
12-15-2017, 11:43 AM
well, i expected the event to start today... and thanks to the preview, i stacked a lot of dupe 4* characters and 1* souls and loaded some ironite, since i also expected event souls.

Bought a 10pack souls on each device, only on one i had 2x red - 2 4*dupes, the rest 28 were 3*.

Well then: time go get the vortex up. I shortly over zero since the hallowed event, but i'm sure to get the vortex at least once on each device.

Kris-0707
12-15-2017, 11:54 AM
I did 3x T6 sacrifices, got bunch of event souls and about 30 G/A souls, few rare and coloured souls. No 5 star toons at all, just 3 or 4 dupes (4 stars). That's exactly what I expected. Poor event, poor game.

JJJ428
12-15-2017, 12:08 PM
I just love how people base how good an event is on how RNG favors them. If they get 50 5* star drops event is awesome vs all 3* dupes event sucks. Event is the same its just how RNG favored you. To me how good event is, is by figuring the amount of resources you need to use to get a good return. We have seen enough event souls to know exactly what we should expect from them and 900 ironite is never worth it. This event is if you do tier 6, 7 or vortex fill you get extra guarantee souls, Based on that information is what makes and event good or not.

Sick
12-15-2017, 12:17 PM
I just love how people base how good an event is on how RNG favors them. If they get 50 5* star drops event is awesome vs all 3* dupes event sucks. Event is the same its just how RNG favored you. To me how good event is, is by figuring the amount of resources you need to use to get a good return. We have seen enough event souls to know exactly what we should expect from them and 900 ironite is never worth it. This event is if you do tier 6, 7 or vortex fill you get extra guarantee souls, Based on that information is what makes and event good or not.

In real life you must be a teacher. Still love the event even though it is so wrong.

Patrice-1201
12-15-2017, 01:03 PM

spot on, we should really stop complaining about the events it is RNG we need to be fighting against ;-)

Pablo
12-15-2017, 01:46 PM
One T6 sacrifice and vortex fill, around 80 rare souls, 10 raiders souls and 5 skil shards, all 3 star except one 4 star character.

JJJ428
12-15-2017, 02:16 PM
In real life you must be a teacher. Still love the event even though it is so wrong.

Not a teacher but work with numbers a lot that's why I base events on ROI. Not sure I understand by what is wrong are you saying I am or the event is wrong even though you love it?

Also don't misunderstand I think this event is good extra souls are nice I just think event souls are severely over priced ironite wise.

Yup
12-15-2017, 03:32 PM
Quite honestly, I look at events as to how the improve play... and if they are anything which boosts my game well and makes me want to keep playing. Like the 12 days event.. great event.. get stuff for common effort. The Magus Droid event... get stuff for common effort.. the Holiday of Life event.. get stuff for common play.. 2x rare sous.. legendary frags for rare souls... all great.

It's the "do extra" or "spend iroinite" events that I think are just kind of bad and disguised marketing gimmicks. We all know that these "event souls" are just rare souls in disguise. So the odds of getting the same dups over and over and over are kind of the same. I guess if your'e desperate for Viking Eddie it may be worth it.. but, well... why be desperate for him? I barely use him and I've had him for some time now. Face it, it costs devs nothing to give away characters or gold or stones/runes... it's all digital and vaporware.... so when they ask players to spend more, it's a bad event to me. I've spent my fair share on these event souls (Alchemist) and been terribly disappointed before.. won't ever do that again unless there's some cap or guarantee.. i.e. 200 souls and you are guaranteed the "special" character being advertised.

mjmxiii
12-15-2017, 03:49 PM
I haven't logged into the game for quite sometime now but I do get event emails though and when I read through these discussion threads and see that the events are really just a "same shit, different fly" type thing and that everyone is basically still begging for the same unaddressed issues to get fixed and hoping for the best from the next update, I remember exactly why I stepped away.

You all deserve better.

JJJ428
12-15-2017, 04:08 PM
I can see the complaint that some events are marketing ploys but I guess I don't see that as a problem. The number one objective for any game should be to make money. This is a free to play game which you can literally get everything without paying a cent. We need the game to make money so that they can keep people employed and hopefully get more people dedicated to this game to fix some of the bugs. You can't expect a game to be free, have no revenue streams and still survive.

I said before as long as you know what event souls really are should not be an issue, after I bought 20 once and got all 3* I gave up on ever buying them again. But getting free souls for tier 6 or 7 sacrifice is a good way to give them out and think this is a good event.

I was kind of hoping for a wickdeer bonfire event like the pumpkin one but I don't think this event is bad at all.

Yup
12-15-2017, 04:30 PM
I don't fault NF for the marketing gimmicks. Not at all. Like you posted... the goal is money I get that.

My only real complaint about the game is the drop rate of talismans for BNW lvl X.. given the difficulty... talismans should drop MUCH more frequently. And drop rates for 3 star evo stones in the LOL dungeons. That's the #1 reason I play LOL dungeons. I wish 3 star stones dropped more frequently.

FYI.. I've run about 280 passes lately through the BNW lvl X in all 3 gardens.. have YET to see a Rage, Lightning, or Zone talisman drop. Saw 1 quake once.

JJJ428
12-15-2017, 04:54 PM
I can't say I have had much issue with LOL I usually can count on 2 or 3 3* for every refill I do and plan from there with what I need.

I know recently they upped the drops on BNW and they are lowering the difficulty again in this next update.

During the valor soul event I ran GOF non stop and in 4 runs I got rage, meteor, nothing and another rage. Of course the 60 or so runs before and after those 4 I got nothing but 2 skilled counter strikes so draw your own conclusion on better RNG. But the last couple updates shows they are really listening to us and trying to balance things a little better

R1ck
12-15-2017, 05:03 PM
I don't fault NF for the marketing gimmicks. Not at all. Like you posted... the goal is money I get that.

My only real complaint about the game is the drop rate of talismans for BNW lvl X.. given the difficulty... talismans should drop MUCH more frequently. And drop rates for 3 star evo stones in the LOL dungeons. That's the #1 reason I play LOL dungeons. I wish 3 star stones dropped more frequently.

FYI.. I've run about 280 passes lately through the BNW lvl X in all 3 gardens.. have YET to see a Rage, Lightning, or Zone talisman drop. Saw 1 quake once.
I find level IX much more rewarding, don't play much and got 2 zone, 3 inmunity in gol also some shells and a ciouple of quakes.
In god 1 lightning, 1 comet and an immortality, also many vampirics, wish vampirics are removed as they can be earn in SQ.

Yup
12-15-2017, 05:18 PM
I can't say I have had much issue with LOL I usually can count on 2 or 3 3* for every refill I do and plan from there with what I need.

I know recently they upped the drops on BNW and they are lowering the difficulty again in this next update.

During the valor soul event I ran GOF non stop and in 4 runs I got rage, meteor, nothing and another rage. Of course the 60 or so runs before and after those 4 I got nothing but 2 skilled counter strikes so draw your own conclusion on better RNG. But the last couple updates shows they are really listening to us and trying to balance things a little better

I get all that... but either my luck is REALLY bad... or there needs to be some sort of balancer.. because, like I posted.. hundreds of runs and I'm not seeing shit.

I don't really have any major problems with lvl X since the last update (thanks for that NF)... just that I have to do it manually.. rarely lose (mostly lose GOL).. and generally just get high star runes. I honestly in 200+ runs of lvl X of GOF, GOL and GOD have seen 2 immortality, 3 vampire, 1 quake and 1 echo... that's it. All level X runs. -- wait.. it did make about 3 runs through GOL lvl 7.. because I needed a Chance.. got that in 3 runs.

I know its been 278 runs because I started focusing on BNW after hitting the 500 run achievement (now at 778 runs). Haven't gotten one single high level talisman yet, other than that single Quake drop.

Not a single zone, rage, comet, lightning anywhere to be seen. And I've been primarily focusing on GOD because I can use the immortality if they drop... but am looking for lightning.

T-Man
12-15-2017, 05:22 PM
Good call - I tried the lower stacks and it seems to be working fine. Thank you Tman

Also as an update - I did around 20 more T1 sacs and finally got a rare soul to drop

Cool deal. You are welcome.
I had this same issue during the BoS Legendary Event. Sacrificed hundreds of souls and could not get rare souls to drop. After the event ended they started dropping again. Damn RNG! Lol

bort
12-15-2017, 09:54 PM
So I managed to pull Viking Eddie from my first set of 5 Raider souls from my first fill. The question is should I plow the remainder of my 4* and 5* chars into the pit for more Raider souls or wait for a better sac event? The pumpkin event, for example, was a far better sac event if you were just looking to cycle vortex fills.

I probably have two level VI and one VII sitting around waiting. Thoughts?

JJJ428
12-16-2017, 02:15 AM
Yup.. I tend to do 1-2-3-6 if I hit a full 7 its because I somehow got a LOT of 5 star dups quickly. A more recent issue is that lvl 6 sacrifices have been REALLY unlikely to drop skill shards. I've been collecting those more from vortex fills.

YUP i meant to ask you, how do you do a tier 3 sacrifice? To me 1,2, and 6 make the most sense I never looked into any combinations that are worth it for a 3. How do you normally make a tier 3 sacrifice and is it worth it?

Yup
12-16-2017, 02:30 AM
Tier 3 is common if you have just one 4 star toon. I don't tend to save them for use later. I'd rather do 1 or 2 tier 3 sacrifices than save them and level them up or anything. And it's about as worth it as a tier 2. You get more rare souls overall rather than the SOT/runes you get with tier 1 and 2. I dislike getting SOT/SOW for a sacrifice. That won't happen with tier 3. But often I sacrifice a 4 star for a tier 3.. and get 3 star characters in return. -- really it's more about vortex fills than anything else to me. All the lower tier sacrifices really don't give much anyway.

JJJ428
12-16-2017, 02:39 AM
I guess I like getting free SOW so don't mind that SOT and shards could take or leave and souls are always good from tier 1 or 2. Since 4* are needed for a tier 6 sac so I like to always save those for that.

Yup
12-16-2017, 02:40 AM
I'm really bad at saving things for later. :)

Chaosego888
12-18-2017, 10:33 PM
The only sacrifices I ever make are level 1, 2 and 6. It was said before and I think still rings true a level 6 is so good I don't ever see the point of going for a level 7. Think about the rewards which would you rather have 5 level 6 rewards or 2 level 7. If anyone does the other sacrifices more I love for them to weigh in on this.I only did the Level VI for one of the events that was rewarding event souls. I always wait for the ultimate. I've did over 20 ultimate sacrifices since the sacrifice feature was released. I really only want skill shards and 10 or more typically drop from an ultimate and usually two or more 20 stacks of Gunner/Assassin souls which usually provide another Rainmaker for the next ultimate sacrifice. If you have two Gunner or Assassin Eddies, then you only need 8 four star Gunner or Assassin characters for 50000 essence. I can usually get them pretty quickly by dropping souls in bulk. When sacrifice was released I hadn't even claimed the achievement for using 100 skill shards. I'm close to claiming the one for using 800 skill shards and most of them have come from ultimate sacrifices and vortex fills.

Liebhild
12-22-2017, 12:47 PM

Hmmm....

23.14. ????

GotN
12-22-2017, 01:26 PM

Hmmm....

23.14. ????

Yeah, saw this too. Christmas present from NF, gave us two additional months that don’t exist, just like a bug free game, fair RNG and fair prices 😛