PDA

View Full Version : Golden Sun Warrior 5* I did it so you don't have to... Or maybe you want to :P

Gonzo
08-18-2016, 03:36 AM
So... I've had the worst luck when it comes to getting good warrior characters. I got this guy from 99 regular souls a few moments ago, and since he's new and we are all still hyped about the Time Rifts and new mechanics I decided to max the Golden Son.

Without talismans his stats are solid, super high attack, and decent HP. As a glass cannon he has low magic resistance. This guy won't heal you, he won't shield you, he won't buff you... but he will do ONE thing, DAMAGE.

All the testing has been realized in the last level of the Time Rift. Lord Of Light X.

His basic attack is tricky, "Deals physical damage to all enemies with a 20% chance to crit on EACH HIT". Why do I emphasize each hit you might ask, well, it's a multi multi hit attack LOL. He will hit 3 times each enemy, like the Angels. But since it's not specified it's kinda weird.
I've seen this attack Crit twice in only one enemy and every crit was for 4.5k aprox. Really solid damage, I think that without criting the total amount of damage is about 6k, although I might be wrong. I need a lot more testing.

His power move is INCREDIBLE for this Time Rift, SUPER HIGH damage and 50% chance to reduce healing. I've seen this attack hit the Lord of Light for 8k without buffs, and for more than 10k against his minions (brothers?).

I'm sorry I dont have screenshot for his attacks, he's a little tricky to capture.

STATS AND TALISMANS.

All the talismans are maxed and may not be the best for him but this are the ones I have. In fact I'm pretty sure that the piercing talismans don't work with AoE attacks.

Final Thoughts: He has amazing damage and he seems to be conceived to farm this Time Rift. I haven't tried him outside this new dungeons. If you want I can try it on other levels.

I hope this helped you in case you are wondering whether or not to level him up.

I know a lot of you guys would like to try him, but I don't have a lot of room for allies. I will add those who let me know here. So everyone can have a go with it. It will help a lot of people that are having problems completing this dungeons.

Gonzo-0518

Goddammit... I knew I would mess up the name... RIP good title...

Kulimar
08-18-2016, 03:40 AM
Nice find!

Gonzo
08-18-2016, 03:42 AM
Nice find!

It's a new character we are all hyped about... maybe he ain't even that good.

You have me as your allie. Try him in the last dungeon and post your thoughts ;)

Stonewall
08-18-2016, 03:44 AM
Congrats! nice!

Trystangst
08-18-2016, 03:44 AM
I'm working on leveling The Sentinel Golden Son. Too bad I'm missing a few white 3* shards (that don't seem to drop in the Rift).

Gonzo
08-18-2016, 03:55 AM
I've tried him outside the Rift and he seems to be OK. Decent Aoe damage, but there are far better Warriors IMHO. He has nothing against a good Hellhound... Although, no warrior has a chance against a good Hellhound or Child of the Damned :P

I have to say he's fun to play, his basic attack can hit super hard or pass unnoticed.

The one thought that reminds is that he was born to farm this Rift.

Kulimar
08-18-2016, 04:48 AM
It's a new character we are all hyped about... maybe he ain't even that good.

You have me as your allie. Try him in the last dungeon and post your thoughts ;)

Will do :)

Dutch
08-18-2016, 09:50 AM
Did you get him as a 5* from regular souls or have you evolved him Gonz?

BillLion
08-18-2016, 09:51 AM
Gonzo, I was surprised when I saw your golden sun warrior instead of your harpy or the general. But he was fun to play and added a lot of value to my team! I used him in the dungeon.

Gotta say, that was a fast character leveling!

Jennie-5128
08-18-2016, 10:38 AM
I got one of these as a 3* from a standard soul drop. I kind of like him, even though his standard attack button looks like a vulva

Dutch
08-18-2016, 10:40 AM
I'm working on leveling The Sentinel Golden Son. Too bad I'm missing a few white 3* shards (that don't seem to drop in the Rift).

Hey Tryst, ive been getting quite a few in maop 7 and 8 this morning

Jennie-5128
08-18-2016, 01:43 PM
So his attack button might look a bit genital, but he's pretty badass. I've only got him low level at the mo, not having Gonzo's resources, but he's critting all over the place :)

Dutch
08-18-2016, 01:45 PM
So his attack button might look a bit genital, but he's pretty badass. I've only got him low level at the mo, not having Gonzo's resources, but he's critting all over the place :)

I have the axis one evolved to 5* now, think its similar skills, good hit damage, gotta wait for sands now as on 97% which sucks no point buying a refill as thatll get wasted

Jennie-5128
08-18-2016, 01:49 PM
I have the axis one evolved to 5* now, think its similar skills, good hit damage, gotta wait for sands now as on 97% which sucks no point buying a refill as thatll get wasted

Hahahahaha Dutch I'm in exactly the same situation - well, almost, I'm at 94% - and being a Yorkshire lass I'm too tight to spend ironite when I don't need to ;)

Dutch
08-18-2016, 01:50 PM
Hahahahaha Dutch I'm in exactly the same situation - well, almost, I'm at 94% - and being a Yorkshire lass I'm too tight to spend ironite when I don't need to ;)

I might be a southern fairy, but i aint spending

Bryan-3528
08-18-2016, 01:53 PM
So his attack button might look a bit genital...

Isn't this the brother of the one making wanking gestures at us for the last 2 weeks?

Jennie-5128
08-18-2016, 01:53 PM
I might be a southern fairy, but i aint spending

Yorkshire's not a genetic inheritance, it's a state of mind ;)

Dutch
08-18-2016, 01:57 PM
Isn't this the brother of the one making wanking gestures at us for the last 2 weeks?

Yes i believe it, i want him

Jennie-5128
08-18-2016, 02:01 PM
Yup yup. I think the devs are feeling a bit Freudian of late :D

Like Dutch I want him, too. If only to see if he's got wanking hand in game as well as on his splash (f'narr f'narr) screen

PerthEddie
08-18-2016, 02:01 PM
I used him on level 8. He is a beast!!!!!

Dutch
08-18-2016, 02:02 PM
I used him on level 8. He is a beast!!!!!

You got the golden wanker? SS pls!

Dutch
08-18-2016, 02:03 PM
Yup yup. I think the devs are feeling a bit Freudian of late :D

Like Dutch I want him, too. If only to see if he's got wanking hand in game as well as on his splash (f'narr f'narr) screen

I hope he uses that hand as one of his skills

Jennie-5128
08-18-2016, 02:03 PM
I hope he uses that hand as one of his skills

LOL yes that would be hilarious

PerthEddie: give us pics! You can't just leave us hanging like this!

Gonzo
08-18-2016, 05:38 PM
Gonzo, I was surprised when I saw your golden sun warrior instead of your harpy or the general. But he was fun to play and added a lot of value to my team! I used him in the dungeon.

Gotta say, that was a fast character leveling!

I figured that I would put as my allie a counter to the current dungeon. Next dungeon I'll leave my Harpy again =)
And yeah, I was hyped. I don't know if I'm gonna level another character that fast. It was fun, though =P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I leave you, kids, for a few hours and you start talking about the "dirty stuff" and the music of Satan!!!!!!!!

REPENT YOURSELVES!!!!!

Trystangst
08-18-2016, 06:10 PM
Just pulled one from a rare soul. Working on it a bit, but want to max my Sentinel first.

Gonzo
08-18-2016, 06:21 PM
The Sentinel one looks really nice. His passive seems OP. At least in the dungeon they heal from almost dead to good as new in one hit :P

What I did not understand about what Matt said is if this warrior Golden Son is supposed to have a passive or not. AFAIK every other Golden Son seems to have one, but the warrior and the assassin don't.

We'll have to wait and see.

Trystangst
08-18-2016, 06:45 PM
His passive essentially is a 50% heal boost. His heal on attack is an almost 30% max HP heal - so during those first turns it heals for a little over 40% of your max health. If you invest skill shards, that number can climb as high as 60%! Only downside is that it's a 35% chance that doesn't get raised with skill shards. So if you're relying on him for heal support, best bring Accuracy Boosts. On the plus side, he ALSO has the most annoying buff in the game, Heal Shield (for a whopping 3 turns at 5 Power). 50% mitigation and 25% Heal - that's effectively 75% mitigation as long as that 50% doesn't kill you. I tried stacking it with Reflect, but it doesn't. Too bad - who doesn't want 100% mitigation with returned damage on the attackers?

I'll put him up as my Trooper once I get him a little more up to speed.

Gonzo
08-18-2016, 06:49 PM
I'm guessing that the passive works with the Heal Shield as well... Does it?

Trystangst
08-18-2016, 06:54 PM
I'm guessing that the passive works with the Heal Shield as well... Does it?

I'd have to test. It should, but I'll check in a bit when I have some Sands again.

*edit* set him as Trooper. 5* low level, strong but not ideal Talismans (gold in short supply)

Eddie-5774

Qed
08-19-2016, 01:07 PM
I found this warrior guy but it seems quite useless to me if compared with top warriors and even the 2* pharaon head.

Dutch
08-19-2016, 01:10 PM
I found this warrior guy but it seems quite useless to me if compared with top warriors and even the 2* pharaon head.

i have him and he's pretty good

PerthEddie
08-19-2016, 01:45 PM
PerthEddie: give us pics! You can't just leave us hanging like this!

You got the golden wanker? SS pls!

Sorry only just seen these. I haven't got one of my own (wish I had). I used Gonzo's on a dungeon level

Trystangst
08-19-2016, 02:20 PM
The Wanker is here - Newborn of Light (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?934-NewBorn-Of-Light-(Sentinel))

The Educated fool
08-20-2016, 03:18 AM
I got one of these as a 3* from a standard soul drop. I kind of like him, even though his standard attack button looks like a vulva

Nice! This almost made me spit my drink. :D

Stormseye
08-23-2016, 07:20 PM
I kind of like him, even though his standard attack button looks like a vulva
sadly the first thing I noticed too when I got it....playing with "her" now. (pun intended) Testing talismans and what nots.

Jennie-5128
08-23-2016, 10:03 PM
As it's an item of anatomy I'm reasonably familiar with....

Gonzo
08-23-2016, 10:37 PM
I won't argue with you on that............

Dutch
08-24-2016, 06:19 AM
Whenever I'm about to push the Sons button I hesitate and have to ask if it's alright for me to touch it...

Olevipoeg
08-24-2016, 06:49 AM
Whenever I'm about to push the Sons button I hesitate and have to ask if it's alright for me to touch it...
After few years of relationship, you don't have ask anymore. :D

Jennie-5128
08-24-2016, 07:30 AM
After few years of relationship, you don't have ask anymore. :D

Not ENTIRELY sure that's legally or morally correct... :/

Dutch
08-24-2016, 07:38 AM

*creeps out*

Olevipoeg
08-24-2016, 09:49 AM

You just know the answer without asking. If you have to ask, it's means NO! :D

PerthEddie
08-27-2016, 02:11 AM
Finally had a bit of luck with souls and managed to get one of these from my weekly warrior soul. I won't be able to get him past 4* for quite some time as I lack the evo shards. Talisman wise I have thrown 2 Strength fierce and 2 Guardian fierce that I have robbed off some other characters and a Health overwhelming on him. Again they are nowhere near maxed out due to a lack of runes. I won't be able to use him yet on the harder levels of Battlefield Madness and Underworld as he won't be strong enough but he is a definite work in progress for me now and has now become the char I want to develop as as 1st choice team member. If I ever drop a Hellhound then that will change again. After using a Troopers fully maxed one of these the other day - I want one!!!