PDA

View Full Version : The Monarch’s Arena Event - Christmas Souls from Arena!

Sparton_LOTB
12-24-2017, 12:02 AM
Grab Christmas Souls and more by achieving milestones in the Arena, while working towards getting enough fragments for an EXCLUSIVE event character!

From now until December 30th, 4 PM PT, there are new event challenges added to the Challenges screen. These reward you for getting a certain amount of wins in the Arena before the event is over:

Win 10 Arena battles: Christmas Soul x1 + Eternity Fragments x25
Win 30 Arena battles: Christmas Soul x1 + Skill Shard x1
Win 75 Arena battles: Christmas Soul x1 + Legendary Soul x1 + Trooper Soul Fragments x50
Win 150 Arena battles: Christmas Soul x3 + Skill Shard x1 + Frontier Coin x50
Win 300 Arena battles: Christmas Soul x3 + Eternity Fragments x50
Win 400 Arena battles: Christmas Soul x2 + Legendary Soul x1 + Skill Shard x1
Win 500 Arena battles: Another Christmas Soul x2 + Legendary Soul x1 + Skill Shard x1
Win 600 Arena battles: Another Christmas Soul x2 + Legendary Soul x1 + Skill Shard x1
Win 700 Arena battles: Another Christmas Soul x2 + Legendary Soul x1 + Skill Shard x1
Win 800 Arena battles: Another Christmas Soul x2 + Legendary Soul x1 + Skill Shard x1
Win 900 Arena battles: Another Christmas Soul x2 + Legendary Soul x1 + Skill Shard x1
Win 1000 Arena battles: Another Christmas Soul x2 + Legendary Soul x1 + Skill Shard x1

You can check your progress at any time by going to the Event tab of the Challenges screen. These rewards will be immediately delivered to you via loot chest at the end of the battle when you meet the milestone requirement. There is no waiting until after the event is over, and no need to manually claim from the Challenges screen!

In addition to milestone rewards, every win is guaranteed to give you event-exclusive soul fragments! Each win will give you 2, 5 or 25 fragments. Collecting 450 earns you the EVENT EXCLUSIVE 4 star Warrior Possessed Snowman, who has a passive that automatically starts him with an infinite duration Cyclone shield, and if he ever loses it, he’ll Freeze, Blind, or Heal Block all enemies every turn! Additionally, if you’re getting close to the end of the event and are looking like you’ll be short the fragments to get him, there will be an offer in the store to get half the fragments needed to complete the soul.

Finally, we have series of tie-in promotional store items available as IAP. Each of these high-value packs comes with Ironite, Skill Shards, and Christmas Souls, with the bigger pack having 5 different Class Legendary Souls (one for each class!).

T-Man
12-24-2017, 12:07 AM
This looks very cool! I had some amazing pulls over the last 24 hrs! I'll post more on that later. Hope I can get the Christmas souls I'm missing.
I just logged in, and Wow, nice gifts on the final day! Thanks and Merry Christmas NF!

Ip4
12-24-2017, 12:14 AM
good event but shit server,to many errors an not possible to play...

Coletrain
12-24-2017, 12:34 AM
Great final gift from the coalgiver & this event looks like a winner. The one thing I would suggest for events of this sort though, is a bit more scaling in the upper tier rewards to motivate people a bit more. I know this has been talked about before, but I feel like there should be a bit more for the 800-1000 range of wins, since it really is a challenge to get there.

Aside from that, thank you for a solid slate of Christmas events and may you and the rest of the LOTB team have a happy holiday!

Rayn13
12-24-2017, 12:34 AM
I keep having to restart also. Server error.

kkkreg5
12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Def switched to 4* Coalgiver... guarantee wins only.

Amarthir
12-24-2017, 12:58 AM
Thanks for the big set of presents today. I got Bastion from a trooper soul and then I pulled King Edward from the 5 Christmas souls.

I'm glad I have my faster internet back up just in time for the event. The warrior Possessed Snowman sounds actually pretty good.

My only question is the news saying that frontier coins are a reward but they aren't in the reward tiers. Perhaps you mean Frontier Coins would be given by proxy because of the fragment rewards?

Amarthir
12-24-2017, 01:04 AM
One more thing, the Christmas legendary pack- definitely worth the price. I mean, I can't afford it even if I wanted to buy it, but 5 colored legendary souls is bitchin'

Dank Brew
12-24-2017, 03:24 AM
THANK YOU NF!
TODAY.... 4 New Eddie's!

ShaneBazTe
12-24-2017, 10:16 AM
Already lost out on my first tier rewards because of a crash. I don't usually have many problems at all but when I do, it's at the worst time! Could have really done with those 25 shards too..

slauki
12-24-2017, 10:22 AM
Great final gift from the coalgiver & this event looks like a winner. The one thing I would suggest for events of this sort though, is a bit more scaling in the upper tier rewards to motivate people a bit more. I know this has been talked about before, but I feel like there should be a bit more for the 800-1000 range of wins, since it really is a challenge to get there.

Aside from that, thank you for a solid slate of Christmas events and may you and the rest of the LOTB team have a happy holiday!

fully agree here the higher wins should give better rewards, especially the 1000 milestone.
aside this these events are really fun.

the 12 days of christmas were also great and it's cool that you slowed down the event pace in december. all in all we are on a good way i'd say. so thanks for the presents and all the efforts guys (and thanks for putting me on the coalgiver list again) :D

90mphyorker
12-24-2017, 10:26 AM
APMA3 errors after just about every battle. Most eventually count and the Arena screen loads up. Some aren't. So time consuming though. If it doesn't improve and the Legendary I get for 75 victories is just another 4* that'll be it for me. Rewards are nice but the errors just aren't worth it.

Ip4
12-24-2017, 10:29 AM
why we not receiving rewards for winning battles in defense mode?

90mphyorker
12-24-2017, 11:44 AM
On 74 victories, next 3 battles, 2 against Lone Eddie/Xmas Defences, all end with errors and having to restart the game. At least when the 75th victory finally counted the Legendary Soul was a 5*. Even if it was a dupe.

scott-5496
12-24-2017, 12:57 PM
This is the most crashes I have ever seen in the game - not sure why but I struggled to do anything with the game for an hour or so after reset. Over the last week or so I have seen lots of APMA and MACLO crashes where the app needs to restart so there has to be something bad going on somewhere. Looks like others are getting this too?

It is a pain and sorry to anyone who lost badges because of this - I am getting maybe 5 plus crashes a day or more I think. Mostly in PVE as that is what I am doing for the most time.

Still I have to say the the devs are doing well with the events and I have done OK from them, no xmas big wins but I did finally get Claire last night and the 500 (at last) coins I also got can now be spent elsewhere as she was my last Eternity (and that is where the 500 were going to go until I got her with my collected eternity soul!)to get - so that is all good!

Really hope to get Edward the Great as he does play great - and he looks cool too. Also, still searching for the Edna - she is pain in the ass to play against in the right team.....but I am also caring less about losses in the arena these days so I may just go to an Eddie defence - but not many seem to be doing that yet......

Happy holidays folks!

Ip4
12-24-2017, 01:03 PM
just like i said,event is great but server is bad,game need new server...

ElvisIsDead
12-24-2017, 01:58 PM
I personally hate these arena events. Playing 200 pvp matches a week is boring enough; 300 or more is excruciating. Obviously, I don't have to play, but I do it compulsively just to get the rewards. Unfortunately, the crashes appear to be denying me even that. Just got to over 30 wins and received nothing. Tempted to quit now, but have a a ton of sands of war to use.

JJJ428
12-24-2017, 02:32 PM
I think they just don't have the capacity during these events some times. It seems too many people playing PVP possibly? I haven't had as bad as nearly as some had maybe 3 errors not sure if I got fragments or not.

Ip4
12-24-2017, 02:52 PM
for me errors are everywhere,i need to restart game every few minutes

firerider
12-24-2017, 03:11 PM
If everybody would put a weak defense this event would be more fun to play, just saying

GotN
12-24-2017, 05:23 PM
THANK YOU NF!
TODAY.... 4 New Eddie's!

Specially happy for you man since you must have been the guy with the most bad luck around here! 😋 Which did you get?

Dank Brew
12-24-2017, 07:01 PM
Specially happy for you man since you must have been the guy with the most bad luck around here! 😋 Which did you get?

Trooper, the great, eternity, and coalgiver! I dont know who to start with haha only have 28 SS to use

MisterEly
12-24-2017, 09:39 PM
Wow, OK. With souls from the arena, plus some I bought, I got not one, but TWO Edwards. Cheers NF, and happy holidays!

Patrice-1201
12-24-2017, 09:47 PM
Already lost out on my first tier rewards because of a crash. I don't usually have many problems at all but when I do, it's at the worst time! Could have really done with those 25 shards too..

Trooper, the great, eternity, and coalgiver! I dont know who to start with haha only have 28 SS to use

Well deserved mate happy Christmas

Sparton_LOTB
12-24-2017, 10:56 PM
My only question is the news saying that frontier coins are a reward but they aren't in the reward tiers. Perhaps you mean Frontier Coins would be given by proxy because of the fragment rewards?

Hm... apparently that's a display issue with the new currency not displaying for that feature correctly. You will earn 50 Frontier Coins from the 150 wins tier (even though the event challenges don't show that, nor will the loot popup when you get to that win tier).

Symbiote
12-25-2017, 11:38 AM
At first i really enjoyed the other events, and the 12 presents were really nice!

But these Kind of Arena Events are boring af and a lot of grinding over and over again and you NEED to win to get fragments and in 100 steps to get more rewards...
I know the rewards are the same, that everyone can get the same, but 1000? REALLY??
I think it would be better in 50th steps.. 100, 150, 200 - 500...
I personally hate christmas, but for people who don't they for sure have not the time to grind the **** out of arena with so many bugged characters..,
Christmas and then the End of the Year.., even if you have time to play 300+ wins in a weak... this are 42 a day! ONLY WINS...
The last Event i stopped because this 2 fragments drop and so fucking many bugs all over... this wasn't fun..,
Didn't get the character the last time (needed "only" 100 more or so) because of crashes all the time, this time i think it is achievable because it aren't that much fragments to get.

And i hoped that we can get the Christmas Character more easy (because after this Event there is no other Chance till next year?) but with this Crapmas Souls only buyable with Iron Coins or Arena after toooooo much grinding..,
This kind a sucks.., because there are sooo many characters in the RNG Pool and you only can get these DUPE Souls in the shop... :/

But this is my opinion.,

Arena is boring i only play it 10 times or 20 a day, it isn't really fun if your defense is too weak because of the bad AI and a Human Player know what to do.., would be cool as well if we could get iron coins for Defense Wins...
If you have a good defense you should get a reward if it wins... this would be cool.., not only Points for Ranking..

Yeah.., but.., this is my opinion about arena/arena events..,
but i see the other way it gets better, there are cool features in there and i hope there will be more..,
But it would be cool if you really more focus on the game with new Levels and Gameplay and finally BUGfixes not only shop items we can buy...... :/

Have a good time everyone, hope 2018 will be good for everyone. :)

Yup
12-25-2017, 06:03 PM
The best thing about the arena event is the higher iron coin returns.

I find the arena boring as well. I merely play for iron coins and then Skill Shards, Talismans, Eternity Fragments.. that's it... The events allow Iron Coins to stack up faster, I mean that snowman is okay.. but in itself I highly doubt anyone will use him any other time of year for anything.

Warlord
12-25-2017, 10:08 PM
Could not agree more with this post.... would be cool as well if we could get iron coins for Defense Wins...
If you have a good defense you should get a reward if it wins... this would be cool.., not only Points for Ranking..

1-3 iron coins would go long way for Defense Wins.. because you get so little with having good Defense..

blade685
12-26-2017, 12:16 PM
Wow, OK. With souls from the arena, plus some I bought, I got not one, but TWO Edwards. Cheers NF, and happy holidays!

and me only shit dupes again and again from new souls , rare and legendary :mad:
bored mod on
I will win the Warrior Possessed Snowman that i will again never used after upgrad him...and the little green useless new toon....
And always not the real good toons: VHeddie, Astra, Alliance general, prisoner Navigator eddie
who play since the beginning of the game and spend so many times on it, don't have one of them seriously :(

Ip4
12-26-2017, 02:23 PM
In 220 snowman fragments found 4x5,100x2,where is 25 fragments?I am sure they remove 25...

blade685
12-26-2017, 04:46 PM
In 220 snowman fragments found 4x5,100x2,where is 25 fragments?I am sure they remove 25...
i had more 25 than all last events 1 or 2 by a day!
Today 0 or 1
RNG always a big shit on my account for good toons

Alvorada
12-27-2017, 03:56 PM
451 frags in 176 wins. 2.56 in average.

GotN
12-27-2017, 06:26 PM
RNG was really kind to me this time. Having an average of less than 3 fragments per fight normally on those events I pulled warrior snowman after 122 wins, what is an avarage of 3.7.
4 times 25 fragments dropped. Great thing about it, had 2 times 25 dropped in a row this morning at 388 fragments what brought me to 438. Was very facilitated i didn’t have to do another 31 fights 😛
Now just playing PvP casually. Just gave me another 25 drop, so 5th in 126 fights.

Dank Brew
12-27-2017, 06:46 PM
Quick question... Do different characters have different base accuracy?

Why does Alliance general have more accuracy than red buzz with energy talismans??
I use both with energy talismans, the general steals power almost every hit, while buzz steals power about 1/10 hits, if even.

It should be the same 45% on everyone shouldn't it?

IceManFerrar
12-27-2017, 06:59 PM
Quick question... Do different characters have different base accuracy?

Why does Alliance general have more accuracy than red buzz with energy talismans??
I use both with energy talismans, the general steals power almost every hit, while buzz steals power about 1/10 hits, if even.

It should be the same 45% on everyone shouldn't it?

That is because the Alliance General steals Power and Fury as part of his Basic Skill, which when fully sharded up, gives him an 80% chance to steal. Add Energy Talismans to him, and you see why he is so popular in PvP. I don’t have him and I hate facing him...real PITA! :)

Dank Brew
12-27-2017, 07:04 PM
That is because the Alliance General steals Power and Fury as part of his Basic Skill, which when fully sharded up, gives him an 80% chance to steal. Add Energy Talismans to him, and you see why he is so popular in PvP. I don’t have him and I hate facing him...real PITA! :)

LOL oops. Apparently I haven't looked at his basic in a while. I only remembered stealing positive effects. Damn no wonder haha

Sag7272
12-27-2017, 11:09 PM
By reading a bit around I've just realised I'm kinda lucky to have him pulled by 96 wins..
Was on the impression the drops where raised for 25 frags maybe under that impression because Christmas... Was obviously wrong lol

Dank Brew
12-27-2017, 11:48 PM
By reading a bit around I've just realised I'm kinda lucky to have him pulled by 96 wins..
Was on the impression the drops where raised for 25 frags maybe under that impression because Christmas... Was obviously wrong lol

Yeah, i've had terrible drop rates. Only seen 2 25 drops, and 2 5 drops. It's always 2 fragment drops lol. I'm at 248/450 with 79 wins. 3.1 per battle... :\

But i'm fine with this. I've had fantastic luck the past week lol

Sag7272
12-27-2017, 11:53 PM
Yeah, i've had terrible drop rates. Only seen 2 25 drops, and 2 5 drops. It's always 2 fragment drops lol. I'm at 248/450 with 79 wins. 3.1 per battle... :\

But i'm fine with this. I've had fantastic luck the past week lol

Anyway he's more an inventory filler than a killer you won't be missing much lol

Amarthir
12-27-2017, 11:55 PM
I topped 100 earlier today, I haven't really felt much drive in this event. It just feels sluggish to me and trying to hit 300 just feels tedious although the rewards are pretty good. I wish they would go back to accepting loses too, then I could just auto play the rounds and enjoy my life with other activities.

Not to mention, the jitters are back for me. Where I'm trying to score perfect hits and the game would freeze for a split second and it would end up being good or late. I'm not sure if it's my phone having the issue or if it's the game's fault. It only started happening recently and I reinstalled the game almost a week ago.

Wyphy
12-28-2017, 05:05 AM
Not to mention, the jitters are back for me. Where I'm trying to score perfect hits and the game would freeze for a split second and it would end up being good or late. I'm not sure if it's my phone having the issue or if it's the game's fault. It only started happening recently and I reinstalled the game almost a week ago.

Had this issue on my phone before (it's an older phone), but also noticed it yesterday on my new tablet, too.
The tablet is brand new, but it was released in 2016 I believe, which is still newer than my phone, released in 2013, though I got it in 2014.

Kardas
12-29-2017, 01:55 PM
I was already thrilled to get The Prisoner from a Legendary Soul from a Challenge from this event, but after 60 more bought Christmas Souls I finally also got Edward The Great, the new Elf, and at last, Coalgiver. It took a few souls to get there, but I'm happy to finally have these characters. Thanks NF!

JJJ428
12-29-2017, 03:15 PM
How much ironite does everyone stockpile so you can get 60 souls from this event

kkkreg5
12-29-2017, 03:51 PM
6000 ironite got me 66 Christmas souls and a few more from Arena. All in all, about 75 and no EtG or Krampus. Not complaining though. Over the last two months I've pulled Prisoner, Mystic, Rainmaker, Vampire Hunter, Eda, Astra and last night, Clare along with PDK. Decent run.

Edit: Just received EtG from 1 single Rare Soul... go figure!

BonFire
12-30-2017, 09:08 PM
It was a dick move having this around Christmas. If only because one of my coworkers buggered off and I have more shifts at work. i might reach 150.

Askora
12-30-2017, 09:20 PM
Successful event for me. Bought Christmas souls and managed to pull the elf and several magus snowmen, already had all the wicker deer. Pulled Edward the great from a magus soul. Slow start in arena this week due to being swamped at work, but hit 600 battles in arena. The last 2 Christmas souls from that got me Krampus. Also, got enough fragments for 4 warrior snowmen (surprised at that, since it took 200+ wins to get enough for the first one).

cokas13
12-30-2017, 09:54 PM
I am 8 wins away from reaching 300, which was my goal. Had enough fragments for 2 warrior snowmen but no luck with the souls(40 souls and no eddies,krampus of elf yet). Even though rng was not in my favour, this month had awesome events. Thanks NF!

Amarthir
12-30-2017, 10:32 PM
Interestingly enough I've went through over a dozen Christmas souls and the only 3* Christmas toon I got was the Magus Snowman. But I did get Elf of the Damned and King Edward from them so it's cool.

I topped 300 (finally) and man am I burnt out. At least I've pushed a high enough rank this week to get some decent rewards.

BonFire
12-30-2017, 11:55 PM
My goal was 400. I've settled for 150. Just barely got the Warrior snowman. Bought some last second souls and I got the elf. So I'm happy. Can get Edward out of another soul.

Grim
12-31-2017, 03:21 PM
I stopped at 150, however the souls gained allowed me to get the goddamn Prisoner. Now I may say that I have a worthy defense.