PDA

View Full Version : Character Fragment Event, featuring the DEBUT Sentinel Corrupt Rescuer

Sparton_LOTB
01-02-2018, 12:21 AM
Crush the Lord of Light for Soul Fragments to earn a guaranteed 4★ character!

From now until to January 4th, 4pm PST, each battle in the Lord of Light dungeons has a chance of dropping Rescuer Soul Fragments. Collect 200 and you can redeem them in the Book of Souls’ Fragments screen for your very own 4★ Sentinel Corrupt Rescuer!

The Sentinel Corrupt Rescuer joins its fellow allies from the Brave New World as a new 4* Sentinel in Legacy of the Beast. She is a physical attacker who can grant herself Guard Shield, she can transfer all negative effects from her allies to herself, and automatically heals allies based on the amount of negative effects on her.

Normally, when the fragments drop, you’ll earn 5 or 10 fragments, but if you’re lucky, you could earn 50 fragments from one battle, so don’t be afraid of that 200 requirement! Additionally, you can earn as many Rescuer Souls as you can collect the fragments for, so feel free to grab some extras for your next big Sacrifice!

SPECIAL EVENT ADDITION: For the duration of this event, the Lord of Light dungeons will also have a 3x chance of dropping Rare Souls! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to get more Rare Souls while getting your guaranteed 4★ character!

Finally, we have a few deals available in the store to help with getting and gearing up a Corrupt Rescuer:

Get a FREE 10 Rescuer Soul Fragments to start you off!
Grab the “Sentinel Experience Pack”! This provides ironite to help farm more fragments, a bit of gold, 5* XP Shards, and Skill Shards to power up a new Corrupt Rescuer!
Various talisman packs are also available that work well with a Corrupt Rescuer, including Energy Talismans and the normally PVP-exclusive Hunter Talismans!

Please note that after the conclusion of this event, collecting more Rescuer Soul Fragments will not be possible, but any extras you have can be converted to Precious Soul Fragments. Additionally, this character is not available in any other souls, so if you miss your chance to recruit it, it may be a very long time until you get another chance!

The Sentinel Corrupt Rescuer debuts in Legacy of the Beast today! Check out the Corrupt Rescuer’s key information below:

SKILLS AND PASSIVES

Vitalize (Passive)
Heals allies every turn based on the number of negative effects currently on you. Heal amount based on your MAX HP.

Battery (Basic)
Deals 3 hits of physical damage to a single target.
35% Chance to gain a Guard Shield for 2 turns.
LV 2/4/5 DMG+ 15/20/25%
LV 4 Effect Chance +25%

Avail (Power)
Steal all negative effects from allies and place them on yourself.
Increase ATK for 2 turns.
Instantly gain an Extra Turn.

TALISMAN SLOTS

3 Open / 3 Sentinel

Heavy1974
01-03-2018, 09:37 AM
Droprate today sucks big time. 15 Frags in 30 LOL battles lvl 7

Ip4
01-03-2018, 09:46 AM
40 mission LOL X,200fragments,2 rare souls...

blade685
01-03-2018, 09:50 AM
RNG is the biggest problem in that game some players have always luck others not :)
That CR is another useless toon i think, he need to be tested

PerthEddie
01-03-2018, 12:14 PM
RNG is the biggest problem in that game some players have always luck others not :)

Saw on the Facebook group someone say he only did 9 runs of LOL X and got 4x50 fragments. I have done around 70 runs on LOL VII yesterday and today and only have 145 (including the free 10). Going to refill my SoT soon and finish my Troopers off on it and cross my fingers I get the rest.

scott-5496
01-03-2018, 01:20 PM
Just got her this morning. Pretty sure I have done maybe 20-30 runs with no 50 or 25 drops at all. Quite a few tens though. One of my troopers had her and I have used her and she may have some uses but not a top 10 toon I don't think.

blade685
01-03-2018, 01:58 PM
Saw on the Facebook group someone say he only did 9 runs of LOL X and got 4x50 fragments. I have done around 70 runs on LOL VII yesterday and today and only have 145 (including the free 10). Going to refill my SoT soon and finish my Troopers off on it and cross my fingers I get the rest.

yes RNG is totally ridiculous in that game and many players are gone because of that
I never see a 50 or 25 in that event ( 5 and 10 ), i will have 200 tonight or tomorrow i think

blade685
01-03-2018, 02:01 PM
Just got her this morning. Pretty sure I have done maybe 20-30 runs with no 50 or 25 drops at all. Quite a few tens though. One of my troopers had her and I have used her and she may have some uses but not a top 10 toon I don't think.
certainly not a top 10 for sure :)

Mariner-1212
01-03-2018, 02:10 PM
I did some runs with her and here's what I've got:

Best talisman setup I found is angels and guards (or energy, but I like the damage reduction of guards better). Angels are needed to cleanse her so you can actually use her power move which is where she becomes useful. Her attack is so bad that it's almost pointless. I haven't sharded her but for her purpose, I'm not sure you'd need to.

Her best use is on PVP Attack against teams with Beelzebub or Pyro soldiers. They stack burns on your team, and when she takes them all with her power, you end up with almost a full health restore on your team each round. She really shines there, but that's it. Against other teams without these massive effect stackers, she's basically a liability.

MetalKing
01-03-2018, 02:37 PM
Full sands of time runs through lol, 10 fragments dropped. How are you faring?

Sponholz
01-03-2018, 05:45 PM
I aggre with Mariner (took yours for a spin earlier today).

Best thing about her is you don't need to spend shards on her, GPDog dmg is NUTS in compare with hers.

Said that, quoting Sparton:

The Sentinel Corrupt Rescuer joins its fellow allies from the Brave New World as a new 4* Sentinel in Legacy of the Beast. She is a physical attacker who deals extra damage based on negative effects on her, she can transfer all negative effects from her allies to herself, and automatically heals allies based on the amount of negative effects on her.

"deals extra damage based on negative effects on her" (???)

I don't know if this is a typo, or her basic is missing something.

If her basic, worked as advertised, hitting harder with each negative effect on her, I can see she getting some love on the arena. (versus Val teams for example, let that pesky shield fill your team with debuffs, steal then with SCR and boom.)
or
If her power move, healed right after she steals the debuffs (since she gets an extra turn).

Cheers! Ed!

blade685
01-04-2018, 07:47 AM
Impossible to win any fragment since Green LOL another bug.....?
Update: finally just loot 10 fragments...to be continued

waymo
01-04-2018, 10:35 AM
I've dropped two wicker man fragments in this. WTF!

blade685
01-04-2018, 11:08 AM

seriously?
if you don't have the new CR open a ticket to NF support

Sparton_LOTB
01-04-2018, 06:55 PM
Said that, quoting Sparton:

The Sentinel Corrupt Rescuer joins its fellow allies from the Brave New World as a new 4* Sentinel in Legacy of the Beast. She is a physical attacker who deals extra damage based on negative effects on her, she can transfer all negative effects from her allies to herself, and automatically heals allies based on the amount of negative effects on her.

"deals extra damage based on negative effects on her" (???)

I don't know if this is a typo, or her basic is missing something.

My apologies, that was an error on my part when drafting up the original character summary. I had written that based on an earlier iteration of her skills, when the potencies of her effect made her more offense-focused instead of defense/healing focused. I've corrected the forum post description accordingly.

It looks like there's an error with the extra rewards dropped from Floor I for this event. Floor I fragments will always be Wicker Man Fragments instead of Sentinel Corrupt Rescuer fragments. Please ensure you're clearing Floor II and above to get the fragments for the event.

If you contact CS about the issue, they'll gift you Rescuer Fragments for every Wicker Man Fragment you've earned for this event. You can email them by tapping the Gear button on the top-right of most screens, then tapping the "Support" button.

blade685
01-04-2018, 07:30 PM
My apologies, that was an error on my part when drafting up the original character summary. I had written that based on an earlier iteration of her skills, when the potencies of her effect made her more offense-focused instead of defense/healing focused. I've corrected the forum post description accordingly.

It looks like there's an error with the extra rewards dropped from Floor I for this event. Floor I fragments will always be Wicker Man Fragments instead of Sentinel Corrupt Rescuer fragments. Please ensure you're clearing Floor II and above to get the fragments for the event.

If you contact CS about the issue, they'll gift you Rescuer Fragments for every Wicker Man Fragment you've earned for this event. You can email them by tapping the Gear button on the top-right of most screens, then tapping the "Support" button.
that is a good solution
Just send a request :)

waymo
01-04-2018, 07:47 PM

It's ok I got the sentinel anyway thanks

Amarthir
01-04-2018, 07:59 PM
Just realized that the Corrupt Rescuer passive is like a discount Hellraiser passive. They both do mostly the same thing except Riot also cleanses himself and sometimes also cleanses other allies.

Yup
01-04-2018, 09:15 PM

Well darn I was hoping I was just not seeing it due to missing skill shards... or lack of really stacking negative buffs on her thus far..... From my perspective she hits softer than the pharaoh dogs and although the overall skill set is decent, the soft hitting makes her much, much, much less useful. Not expecting an offensive toon.. but well.. 1-3k damage per hit is exceptionally week for a single target hitter. I'd expect 3-6k damage for a defensive single target hitter. (Again, no skill shards so maybe that is close to her max hit fully powered up - but not seeing a reason to add shards at all). The Pharaoh dogs do 2-5k for multi-target hits.

BonFire
01-04-2018, 09:18 PM
I just realised, I don't do the LOL Dungeon very often, but is the LOL dying like in TRON?

blade685
01-04-2018, 10:17 PM
Well darn I was hoping I was just not seeing it due to missing skill shards... or lack of really stacking negative buffs on her thus far..... From my perspective she hits softer than the pharaoh dogs and although the overall skill set is decent, the soft hitting makes her much, much, much less useful. Not expecting an offensive toon.. but well.. 1-3k damage per hit is exceptionally week for a single target hitter. I'd expect 3-6k damage for a defensive single target hitter. (Again, no skill shards so maybe that is close to her max hit fully powered up - but not seeing a reason to add shards at all). The Pharaoh dogs do 2-5k for multi-target hits.

it's a good event, we win a new CR lamest than all old ones :D
we have another useless toon who take a place in inventory ;)

Yup
01-04-2018, 10:35 PM
it's a good event, we win a new CR lamest than all old ones :D
we have another useless toon who take a place in inventory ;)

It's a double-edged sword...

If NF keeps releasing more and more powerful characters, they alienate and anger people who have been playing longer. Imagine playing for a year and any new player can easily defeat all the full skill shard characters you have merely because they picked up the last 5 "exclusive" new characters?

I, for one, am all for keeping all characters within a given realm of damage/hp and not playing with those number ranges.

I was merely stating I think the SCR is missing about 30-50% attack strength to be inline with other existing, non-offensive, single-target characters, that's all. But again, perhaps with the 5 skill shards she is more inline with a full skill shard Pharaoh Dog attack strength. I don't maintain a database of character attack strengths. Just my observation.

(FWIW, I think the only real missing character is an Eddie to battle vs VHE.. an Eddie with a high special stat and an ability to revive and add true shield or endure to all allies... all other characters seem to be more of a mix and match of what is kind of already there. the SCR adds a new ability to copy negative buffs.. after Edward the Great introduced copying positive buffs.)

blade685
01-04-2018, 11:21 PM
It's a double-edged sword...

If NF keeps releasing more and more powerful characters, they alienate and anger people who have been playing longer. Imagine playing for a year and any new player can easily defeat all the full skill shard characters you have merely because they picked up the last 5 "exclusive" new characters?

I, for one, am all for keeping all characters within a given realm of damage/hp and not playing with those number ranges.

I was merely stating I think the SCR is missing about 30-50% attack strength to be inline with other existing, non-offensive, single-target characters, that's all. But again, perhaps with the 5 skill shards she is more inline with a full skill shard Pharaoh Dog attack strength. I don't maintain a database of character attack strengths. Just my observation.

true but if they do only worst no interest to play for new characters ( for old players)
Or like for me impossible to loot the best old ones ( i play since 1.5 year: the beginning ) :)
I don't know another so old player who don't have all that so important toons:

Aces High Eddie, Navigator Eddie,The Prisoner, VH Eddie, Astra_VS, Alliance General
Last event 3000+ ironit and : 3 useless coalgiver and the green useless little toon :)

Yup
01-04-2018, 11:33 PM
That is some serious bad luck.

I've been playing since Sept/Oct and the ONLY character I've never seen, and don't have, is VHE.

Dank Brew
01-04-2018, 11:49 PM
I just came to say these drop rates suck (basket)balls. 13 minutes left and I need 10 more fragments for my first soul. Wish me luck...

Edit: Got the final 10 2 seconds after posting this lol... Talk about close call

Dank Brew
01-04-2018, 11:55 PM
That is some serious bad luck.

I've been playing since Sept/Oct and the ONLY character I've never seen, and don't have, is VHE.

I've been playing since the beginning and I still don't have:
VHE, Rainmaker, Aces high, tailgunner (had him, he disappeared. literally.) Visions, and hallowed. Probably more that i'm not remembering.

That's some serious bad luck.

I do however have alliance general and prisoner and a few other rare ones...
I just got nomad for the first time finally last week.

Luckily for me I finally have trooper eddie, who is the main reason for me starting to play in the first place.
Took over a year to even be released when they showed him for the initial preview video of the game! wtf

Amarthir
01-05-2018, 12:05 AM
I haven't really been on the hunt for new characters ( Still looking for Rainmaker since day 1) I've been only playing Brave New World lately because I need more exotic Talismans for.... brave new world.... There's not much else to do.