PDA

View Full Version : 666 Soul Event - 6x Chance for 3 Awesome Characters!

Sparton_LOTB
01-07-2018, 12:00 AM
Capitalize on a massive increased chance to get Aces High Eddie, The Nomad, and Angel of Strife!

From now until January 13th, 4 PM PT, the 666 Soul is available! The 666 Soul is a limited time event soul which guarantees a 3 to 5* character of any class, with an increased chance of getting one of these highlight characters:

Aces High Eddie (5 star Gunner): A physical attacker which can punish enemies for having beneficial effects and has a fury which does multiple hits to all enemies while granting his team Guard Shield.
The Nomad (5 star Warrior): A single target attacker who has a power attack that does random damage to all enemies and can grant Vanish to all allies.
Angel of Strife (4 star Sentinel): A character who can Block damage for damaged allies that can grant himself Immunity and Invincibility while Taunting enemies.

For the duration of the event, all cosmos battles will guarantee fragment drops!* Every win will grant you either Precious Soul Fragments (1 or 2) or 666 Soul Fragments (5 or 10, with a chance for 50!). Most battles will grant Precious Soul Fragments, but you will have a higher chance of getting the 666 Soul Fragments from quests that cost 5 Sands of Time. Getting 200 of the 666 Soul Fragments will let you get a 666 Soul for your increased chance of the above characters.

In addition to the above, the 666 Soul is available in the store for Ironite for the duration of the event.

*Please note that any quest you clear for the first time and get special first time victory rewards will not grant fragments from this event. Subsequent clears of such quests will grant fragments. “Cosmos battles” include all battles accessible from the Ailing Kingdom, Kingdom of the Sands, Battlefield, and Underworld worlds, excluding Skull Quests.

Patrice-1201
01-07-2018, 12:08 AM
Sparton most of us can’t log in. What’s up?

slauki
01-07-2018, 12:11 AM
cannot log in too.

aside that i really like that you guys swiched to guaranteed fragments drops. this will prevent a lot of frustration. event sounds fair so far.

Rayn13
01-07-2018, 12:13 AM
Still can’t log in...........

Ip4
+1 can't login...

Askora
cannot log in too.

aside that i really like that you guys swiched to guaranteed fragments drops. this will prevent a lot of frustration. event sounds fair so far.

Fair, apart from needing to be able to log in to actually play. Lol

Amarthir
01-07-2018, 12:14 AM
The Announcements subforum has 66 threads. You guys planned that didn't you 😉

Also I can't log in either, but I like the sound of this event. Sounds like I'll be busy for once

Patrice-1201
01-07-2018, 12:50 AM
Sparton I did a few runs or Game of Death and Powerslave and guess what... I am getting Precious Souls fragments instead of 666 fragments...

Rayn13
01-07-2018, 01:30 AM
6 x the chance right.

What are the original chances?

slauki
01-07-2018, 01:35 AM
6 x the chance right.

according to the new apple rules, we should have the information about the chances, right? ;-)

Sparton_LOTB
01-07-2018, 01:40 AM
Sorry about the hiccup of uptime around the event start. The game was down for about 18 minutes, but has been running fine since.

Sparton I did a few runs or Game of Death and Powerslave and guess what... I am getting Precious Souls fragments instead of 666 fragments...

You are guaranteed to get fragments from Cosmos quests, and those fragments are either Precious Soul Fragments or 666 Soul Fragments.

6 x the chance right.

according to the new apple rules, we should have the information about the chances, right? ;-)

While I was hoping we'd have everything squared away for communicating odds in time for the start of this event, there's still some questions we're looking to have answered regarding the new guideline, so I don't have any specifics to share yet.

Sidney
01-07-2018, 03:27 AM
Sorry Slauki... guess your badges for today were robbed by Maclo during the time they were working out the issues with the server. C'mon guys!!! I love the events, but seriously... fix the bugs!!! I've already had several Maclo errors doing just normal Trooper maintenance.

Yup
01-07-2018, 03:57 AM
2 full SOT runs through AMoLaD... seems FAR more like a Precious Soul event than an 666 event. 65 666 frags for 160 SOT.... but 83 Precious Soul frags. (Yay. 1 star hearts oh boy!)

PerthEddie
01-07-2018, 08:37 AM
Have to say the drop rates for 666 fragments are a joke. For once I am not chasing any of the characters so I am not that bothered but for newer players who were hoping to get one via fragments they are going to be disappointed. Then again they can always spend money and buy the Souls which is what the whole point of these "events" are anyway

slauki
01-07-2018, 10:53 AM
While I was hoping we'd have everything squared away for communicating odds in time for the start of this event, there's still some questions we're looking to have answered regarding the new guideline, so I don't have any specifics to share yet.

thanks for the info, hope this will get solved soon. if you ask me this is more of an ethical question and i like the new guidelines. if you buy something you should know exactly what you will get %wise. that's a matter of respect for the customers too. but well, sure you are a afraid to hurt the revenue ;)

Sorry Slauki... guess your badges for today were robbed by Maclo during the time they were working out the issues with the server. C'mon guys!!! I love the events, but seriously... fix the bugs!!! I've already had several Maclo errors doing just normal Trooper maintenance.

don't worry man, maclo screwed me too once. badges are not that important anymore if you ask me :)

Have to say the drop rates for 666 fragments are a joke. For once I am not chasing any of the characters so I am not that bothered but for newer players who were hoping to get one via fragments they are going to be disappointed. Then again they can always spend money and buy the Souls which is what the whole point of these "events" are anyway

yeah i agree, but they want to sell the souls, so they can't give them away too lightly.

my results so far in 22 rounds powerslave:

precious frags: 31
666 Frags: 5

osiris0000
01-07-2018, 12:56 PM
Interesting event for sure, i was more expecting something related to the Beast but anyway.
Getting fragments by farming PvE is not that bad. I can say this event is a good return on ironite investment into sands of time refills.

Askora
01-07-2018, 01:35 PM
I like the event. Definitely a slower pace than some of the others, but a little over 100 frags just playing all my troopers works. Also, scored enough precious frags for at least 1 soul from that. Sure the few 666 souls will probably be 3*, but sacrifice event coming and not chasing these toons.

Have to agree with osiris on the characters not being what I would expect. More powerslave souls than 666 souls, but it's all good.

MrFreeze
01-07-2018, 02:16 PM

I think transparency is the goal. Gaming has been heading this way for a while. It’s old news in China and Japan. I’d be more impressed if you guys would get everything out in the open, rather than trying to figure out what you have to disclose. If your reluctant to release certain information on drop rates, it looks to the player like you know they’re bad. If that’s the case, make them reasonable and release the info.

PerthEddie
01-07-2018, 02:55 PM
but a little over 100 frags just playing all my troopers works

Just as a matter of interest what level you played to get those? I have gone through all 46 of my Troopers today and only got 15 fragments. As I said earlier I am not that bothered as I have the 3 characters. This is all about the RNG though and how it keeps f*****g me over. To be honest I am pretty sick of it now and I am seriously thinking now of canning the game for this reason (well it is one of the reasons anyway).

Askora
01-07-2018, 03:20 PM
Just as a matter of interest what level you played to get those? I have gone through all 46 of my Troopers today and only got 15 fragments. As I said earlier I am not that bothered as I have the 3 characters. This is all about the RNG though and how it keeps f*****g me over. To be honest I am pretty sick of it now and I am seriously thinking now of canning the game for this reason (well it is one of the reasons anyway).

I've been playing Cast Die. 115 of the 666 frags just playing troopers.

I wouldn't worry too much. Should balance out over the course of the week.

Sparton_LOTB
01-07-2018, 07:31 PM
I think transparency is the goal. Gaming has been heading this way for a while. It’s old news in China and Japan. I’d be more impressed if you guys would get everything out in the open, rather than trying to figure out what you have to disclose. If your reluctant to release certain information on drop rates, it looks to the player like you know they’re bad. If that’s the case, make them reasonable and release the info.

The problem is that people lose track of the fact that even free to play players who are highly engaged with the game open literally hundreds of Rare-quality souls in the span of even just one year, and the natural evolution of the game means more Ironite and more Rare-quality souls are able to be earned on an average day as time goes on. The odds are made based on those kinds of assumptions.

Don't get me wrong, I also think it's good that the industry as a whole is moving in that direction. But I also know the underlying odds of many of my competitors (either because I've worked on them, I know people who work on them, or I've found sources I find reliable enough that have datamined/crowdsourced results for the game), and the end result is most games are not far from each other, and it comes down to games that seem more generous just have other demands in their economy to make up for the perceived generosity.

GrimDusk
01-07-2018, 08:03 PM
So, if you don't mind me asking, what are the "communication odds" you are having with Apple? I just checked the website, and it was pretty clear that they said, under Section 3.1.1 on the developer page, that "Apps offering 'loot boxes' or other mechanisms that provide randomized virtual items for purchase must disclose the odds of receiving each type of item to customers prior to purchase." So, where's the unclear part in that?

MrFreeze
01-07-2018, 08:41 PM
The problem is that people lose track of the fact that even free to play players who are highly engaged with the game open literally hundreds of Rare-quality souls in the span of even just one year, and the natural evolution of the game means more Ironite and more Rare-quality souls are able to be earned on an average day as time goes on. The odds are made based on those kinds of assumptions.

Don't get me wrong, I also think it's good that the industry as a whole is moving in that direction. But I also know the underlying odds of many of my competitors (either because I've worked on them, I know people who work on them, or I've found sources I find reliable enough that have datamined/crowdsourced results for the game), and the end result is most games are not far from each other, and it comes down to games that seem more generous just have other demands in their economy to make up for the perceived generosity.

I remember when this game dropped rare souls from all cosmos levels. I also remember when the rates were adjusted for LoL. It used to be a lot easier to get rare souls. There’s more ways to buy them now but that’s not the same. So in my opinion, it’s gotten much harder to get them in LotB, not easier. Now legendary souls I’ll give you, because at the beginning, you could only obtain one without a purchase.

I’m not a programmer so I don’t know how the details of the math works, but isn’t it just a number that determines the odds? Like .02% for a rare soul to drop in LoL.

I think it’s likely there will be legislation in more countries regarding this issue over the next couple years. I say you guys should stay ahead of the curve and release the information as soon as possible. It’ll go a long way with the players. At least I think it will, I’m no expert on this stuff.

Askora
01-07-2018, 09:19 PM
My impression is that rare souls are actually more abundant now than they used to be. They don't drop in the cosmos worlds, but they are relatively common in sacrifice even on low tiers. That, and fragments from SQs make them fairly easy to accumulate.

As far as odds, they're not necessarily straight odds. If they're using a technique I read about using an animation curve, it allows them to have what would be straight odds that can be skewed for events and at certain times to favor more people getting new toons when they're released. That makes it a lot harder to give exact numbers.

Game economy-wise and Apple store compliance, I would think the big question becomes whether they're required to release odds for anything that can't be directly purchased with real world money. If you can't buy souls with real money, and instead are limited to in-game currency do odds still need to be given? Ironite can be used to buy things other than souls, so it's not simply substituting to skirt the system. Therefore, making souls available only via in-game currency could keep the odds hidden.

I don't know for sure any of this, but it's what I would be looking at, if it was me. Yes, the odds suck a bit when viewed as an individual player. A few characters that I don't seem to be able to pull. But the truth is, usually when a new toon is released, it is only a matter of days (if that long) before at least a few of my troopers are putting the new toon as champion.

Releasing the odds information may mean big changes to the games economy. So while it might be what we think we want, it may not make us any happier. :)

Sponholz
01-07-2018, 09:21 PM
I’m not a programmer so I don’t know how the details of the math works, but isn’t it just a number that determines the odds? Like .02% for a rare soul to drop in LoL.

Usually, this type of games to the math based on some sort of algorithm, well to illustrate more the matter, a quick google returned me this, from MIT.

https://engineering.mit.edu/engage/ask-an-engineer/can-a-computer-generate-a-truly-random-number/

But, whatever the reason are that the devs here are "asking" Apple, tend to look, for us players, a little shady thing, we all know the chances are abysmal, take this event for example, x6 chance, but if the chance is like 0.001% of getting Aces High, 6 times that woulv be 0.006, which is still a really low value if you ask me. Hell, this value can even be lower.

The answer to this question is really simple, no FREEMIUM game developer wants to tell you how low your chances of getting some Chars/Items/Whatever are.

Well my point of view on the matter is:

They are trying to found a breach so they can still hide some info. I looks like this to us, players, and no matter what response we get, this is more likely the real scenario.

Otherwise, why the hell there isn't a honest post about the odds of getting anything on this game on the front page of this forum?

And hey, I will still be playing this game, and having a great time with it. I am in no way bashing the game down.

I just find this "we are talking to Apple to check whatever" a lousy excuse. I like you Sparton, really do! And to be honest even in this matter you are doing a nice job on calming people down about the new guidelines, but enough is enough, and I do hope that Apple and to an extend Google implement and take this guidelines really serious.

I wish you all a cheerful guidelined LotB New Year!!! Ed.

Mizrael
01-08-2018, 12:23 AM
I’ll tell you what the odds are...NF gets your money and you get butt hurt.

I have opened over 150 Xmass souls (and wasted LOADS of money) just to get Krampus. Did i get him? NO!!!

LotB is by far the least rewarding game i have ever played in my over 25 years history of gaming. i never used to pay for app games before (except for occasional 5-10$ as a thank you) before. But these guys have a brilliant strategy of driving the players to the edge of desperation and draining their wallets dry with very little effort put from their side. (bugs don’t get fixed, we just get fed new characters to awaken the collectors addiction in us...)

Well played NF!

Rayn13
01-08-2018, 12:39 AM
This was posted earlier.

Game economy-wise and Apple store compliance, I would think the big question becomes whether they're required to release odds for anything that can't be directly purchased with real world money. If you can't buy souls with real money, and instead are limited to in-game currency do odds still need to be given? Ironite can be used to buy things other than souls, so it's not simply substituting to skirt the system. Therefore, making souls available only via in-game currency could keep the odds hidden.

Unless I am mistaken the trooper bundle in the store contains a rare soul. Cost $9.99. So yes you actually do pay real cash for souls.

Askora
01-08-2018, 01:57 AM
But, what if you sell ironite and throw in free souls? I assume they also have a certain non-compliance period they're allowed.

I read the part on the Apple page, and I know in their shoes I'd have quite a few questions. I don't know how much they make from different types of sales, so I have no clue how much impact it might have on revenue. But, if they show the odds and they're so low they end up without any sales that doesn't help them or us. Bump up the odds to keep or improve sales and you've got a pay to play game.

It's a slippery slope and I'm thankful I don't have to be the one to find the solution.

druid138
01-08-2018, 07:05 PM
Cool event, NF! I already have these characters, but it's cool to earn the 666 and Precious Souls for Sacrifice just for running Troopers.

Also, I think it's great that you are bringing new ways to get better shots at premium characters (e.g., Valor, 666, class-specific Mythical Souls, etc.). Please keep this up.

In terms of drop rates, I've run Game of Death exclusively:

113 Runs for 205x 666 Frags (1.81 per run) and 119x Precious Frags (1.05 per run)

Given these drop rates, I probably won't be spending any Ironite on SoT refills, but I'm happy to take the free Souls just for playing normally.

kkkreg5
01-10-2018, 12:26 AM
I do believe I have them all (at least for the time being)! Aces High dropped today after 36 666 Souls!

blade685
01-10-2018, 11:58 AM
I do believe I have them all (at least for the time being)! Aces High dropped today after 36 666 Souls!

gg me like all event only shit
i had nomad and so many aos and loot nomad and today aos again ( my 7th :mad:) and no ace high i have a bad joke account....
What a boring game :(

Alvorada
01-13-2018, 12:38 AM
Almost 500 precious fragments and 750 666 fragments

Guess what?

- only ONE red blink (a dupe corrupt general)
- ZERO 50 frags prize

Inishmore
01-13-2018, 08:04 AM
Almost 500 precious fragments and 750 666 fragments

Guess what?

- only ONE red blink (a dupe corrupt general)
- ZERO 50 frags prize

Concerning the 50 frags it's same hear. Didn't drop once. I risk to repeat myself, but RNG is a bitch. About the red eyes, I think you are well in average. 500 precious and 750 666 frags equal 13 souls. Given that the red eye rate is 1% this still sounds reasonable. A couple of weeks ago I only had blue eyes for close to thirty souls. I nearly despaired. But then I got back to back Alliance General and Pharao Dog King and two days later Cyborg Eddie.

GotN
01-13-2018, 09:41 PM
With this event coming to an end, summing up last week for me. First of all a question: Has anybody seen a 50 fragment? For me not a single one dropped.
Claimed 3rd 666 soul from fragments today, giving me 3* shit. After getting a green angel a few days ago from the 2nd one, yesterday I was again so stupid buying a ten pack from ironite, also I swore not to do it, which gave me another 2 green angels. Aaaaah!!! Finally I finished with a dupe Nomad, 3 green angels and 9 3* from 13 souls. Not that bad, but after one and a half years I‘m still waiting for AHE.

natasar
01-13-2018, 10:07 PM
played the 666 souls event every day. I think I had 8 or 9 666 souls (all from playing, none bought). got zero of the promoted characters, but an alliance general which I was still chasing (the rest of course being 3* crap). but also got 3 magnificent gold idols and 1 ultimate sacrifice heart from precious souls. so all in all a fine event for me – though I am still waiting and was hoping for AHE and nomad. but I do not think you can expect that much from just around 10 souls. ;)

p.s.: I even got a single 50 x fragments which just happened today

Alvorada
01-14-2018, 12:17 AM
Concerning the 50 frags it's same hear. Didn't drop once. I risk to repeat myself, but RNG is a bitch. About the red eyes, I think you are well in average. 500 precious and 750 666 frags equal 13 souls. Given that the red eye rate is 1% this still sounds reasonable. A couple of weeks ago I only had blue eyes for close to thirty souls. I nearly despaired. But then I got back to back Alliance General and Pharao Dog King and two days later Cyborg Eddie.

Agreed, but I really want the Aces High Eddie, so despite reasonable, I get disappointed with the dupe.

Yup
01-14-2018, 12:52 AM
Never saw 50 fragments ever. Not once.

Got 2 Aces Eddies, 1 Nomad, and a Shaman Eddie.. but admittedly those were 666 souls I bought for ironite not pieced from fragments.

Other than 3 star dupes.. the only fragment souls I got worth anything was a single Angel of Strife.

Ezz
01-14-2018, 02:42 AM
No 50 frag drops for me either. Anybody get one?

Askora
01-14-2018, 03:11 AM
Fairly certain I never saw a 50 drop, only 5 and 10. Only averaged about 100 of 666 frags per day. Good week to finish my rage talisman set though.

JJJ428
01-14-2018, 04:17 AM
I wasn’t really paying attention every time just kind of a mindless grind all week but I feel like I got one 50 frag drop. I basically ran GOD the whole time got three 666 souls with 75 fragments left over. All three star toons for me

Liebhild
01-14-2018, 09:15 AM
I got one 50 frag drop.

3 666 souls => 3 3* dupes

Symbiote
01-14-2018, 12:32 PM
I got 1x 50 fragments.., but at the end, after farming like hell, i ended this event with 195/200 frags which had been the second soul...
Thats like NOTHING... but this one didn't get me angry.. xD Because all the Characters can drop from other souls with.., you know.., a 'bit' of luck... :D
But these kind of christmas souls where you can get chars only from then, one time in the year or the arena events with these damn win fragdrops because it is tooooooo time consuming.., i really don't like... :(

But this event was ok. It was good for Trooper Points, Gold and the really rare 2* rainbow runes..

kkkreg5
01-14-2018, 05:20 PM
Managed 3 666 souls from frags. Not one 50 drop.