PDA

View Full Version : Live After Death...

Mariner-1212
01-10-2018, 12:33 AM
This post is going to serve as a running tally/list of ideas/wants from this community. It doesn't mean we're getting what we wish for, but it sure won't hurt.

We need more feedback. Please go to the Dead Forum Dead Game (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9482-Devs-Dead-forum-and-dead-game) post and contribute your opinions. I will tally up that feedback as we get it.

General:
- Devs, please communicate any details you can to the masses regarding what this year has in store (State of the union 2018)
- Bring back the most epic event you ever ran, the Immortal Soul event (slauki, mariner, and probably everyone else who experienced it)
- Seems that server errors are a BIG priority issue for many. That's probably priority 1 right now. Toons not performing exactly as expected is annoying, but that's not preventing gameplay like server errors.
- make all 5* worthy (give PDK an aoe attack for example and he will be great) it sucks to get an uber rare toon like mystic eddie just to find out that he is crap (slauki)

Gameplay Landscape:
- New worlds every 3 to 6 months (Yup)
--- Small world additions that have specific purpose, such as a POM level that you grind for POM Soul Fragments (slauki)
--- Launch some levels "incomplete" - where you release a new stage for them each week (slauki)
- All LOL Dungeons open all the time (Yup)
- SOT limit increased to 100 or even 120. If I had to pay $10 or $20 for that option I would. (Zerynx)

Daily Rewards / level rewards:
- Get rid of the 1000 coin reward in LOL (slauki, Carlos)
- Change the undead soldier reward on day 6 to be a sacrificial heart or something (slauki)
--- First vote goes to sacrificial heart, but if not, maybe make it vary toons from week to week? (mariner)
--- since there are 6 precious soul characters, we spread them throughout the month, (1* Gold Idol on the 5th, 1* Heart on the 10th, 3* Gold Idol on the 15th and so on) (Amarthir)

Troopers:
- Let us play 2 or more troopers at once (slauki), possibly an Instant play option where you clear a level you've already beat with the same team (Rain88)
(Full breakdown HERE) (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9605-1-The-time-consuming-Trooper-grind)
- Addition of a "Live" mode where several troopers team up to make a super team and attack a challenge. (Amarthir) (see more details below)

Souls:
- Consider taking another look at the soul classification and ability to pull tiered toons (Patrice)
(Join this discussion HERE) (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9606-A-look-at-the-end-game-reconsidering-souls-classification)
- Ability to prevent dupes with very specific souls - (discussion to come)

Leaderboard:
- A Leaderboard for the best times in PVP and PVE (slauki)
--- Slauki spoke briefly to the point of rewards each week, ongoing discussion below/will update with outcome
- "Endless levels" and you compete for the highest level achieved (Carlos)
- Compete to see who clears the most levels in X-time (Carlos)

PVP:

"WANTS" - changes to the current PVP landscape...

- Better rewards (Slauki)
- Rankings in the arena adjusted (narrow the gap from duellist to warlord 3 with more tiers) (Drfeelgood232)
- Better rewards - a Mythical soul a 5 stars of your choice, exclusive talismans, something that can’t be gain by just farming (Kamuz24z)
- maybe create toons that can be achieve only when you win Eternal or top 5 (Kamuz)
--- give those toons unique abilities (no mediocre toons) everyone will fight to get this toons (Kamuz)
- Top tier rewards change from week to week (Ezz)
- a different point system so the players who can’t play on Saturday can fight for Eternal (Kamuz)
- hide attack team and talismans from players (Kamuz)
- PVP Player Badges
--- give the Eternal of the week something different like a golden symbol so when you face him/her in the arena you know he/she is the king of last week (Kamuz)
--- Gold/silver/bronze medals in the nickname or the avatar for those who have been eternal/rank2/rank3 (surfingwithdje)
- Ties need to be accounted for in rewards. (i.e. Rank 13 tied with Rank 10, but rewards are distributed alphabetically so 11-13 miss out. Should all be rank 10, get rewards, and then the next point person should start at 14). (Peppoah)
- Fix leader recognition (at the moment, the best reward is community recognition but the poster is messed up) (Carlos)
- Ability to choose your coin toss when testing your defense. (mariner)
- Eternals should be rewarded with a 5 star character ( rotating through the full pool of 5 stars, a different character each week) an actual 5 star character, not a soul! (Chaosego888)
- bonus points for list clears and win streaks (chaosego888)

"NEW IDEAS" to be implemented in addition to the current PVP experience...
(Join the discussion HERE) (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?9687-2-New-Ideas-for-PVP)

- Addition of guilds (Slauki)
- Addition of raids (Slauki)
- Trooper team up? (Amarthir)
- "Go blind" - RNG will randomly pick any of your 3 defenses so anytime you fight the same player you won’t fight the same defense (Kamuz)
- give a twist to pvp every month like been able to bring a second Eddie but not like in pve where you can switch Eddies; Character class restrictions, Talisman or power move limitations (Kamuz, Ezz)
--- other ladders in PVP (above concepts, but done in separate PVP instances) (+ only sentinels, no power moves) (surfingwithdje)
- New Competition formats, such as Monthly rewards for top cumulative point standings for the entire month, Tournament of some sort (Ezz)
- Hall of fame (slauki, surfingwithdje)
- A "skin soul" that would give the winner a toon with different color (same abilities and stats) - something like a black nomad, that would be awesome and clearly would reward a player to fight for a top spot. (Carlos)
- Fragments drop for special characters, not an event but something ongoing where you needed 5000 or so before claiming a special character (chaosego888)

Store:
- Make a soul available for 800 Frontier coins that guarantees a non-dupe 5* toon (Mariner)
- Revisit some store prices, or bring back the specials like XP Boost for 1M Gold (slauki, and an older slauki post)
- Monthly support subscription - $5/$10 voluntary monthly contribution, with or without something in return (slauki)
--- I would do this too. Or construct new packs like the founders packs. (mariner)
- gold boost similar to the XP boost (Amarthir)
- other stuff shouls be available for gold too like xp and talisman evo packs (slauki)
- lower the price for the monthly legendary soul, 10 mio is somewhat out of line, feels like a robbery (slauki)

Audio:
- include live versions of their music for battle scenes (brewtus)
- Add lyrics back in and vary the music a bit - maybe ability to randomize tracks (Yup, Brewtus and Amarthir)

General Promotions:
- Build in a gps location identifier and pair it with real-world events. For example, you go to the Maiden concert this summer and when you arrive, it recognizes that you're there and you earn a special 'tour soul' for a new toon, or a tour pack that gives you special character skins (expanding on Carlos's idea) (mariner)

Thank you to all that have responded so far! Others please join in.

Poll Results:

1. Which element do you feel should be the primary focus of the devs for the next month?

7 (A) Bug fixes and nothing else
0 (B) New Characters
3 (C) New Worlds/Storylines
5 (D) New ways to play the game
7 (E) Shortening the daily obligations/tasks
1 (F) Change dupe loot system (Blade)

2. Which element has most made you feel like quitting the game?

2 (A) Inability to get the characters I really want
8 (B) The length of time it takes to play Troopers each day
4 (C) The bugs
2 (D) Spending money and being let down with your pulls
5 (E) Boredom with lack of new content
1 (F) I've never wanted to quit (Right on, Carlos)

3. Suppose a new world was released, and you beat it in the first 3 days. How do you feel?

12 (A) Hey, at least we've got some new scenery to farm! I'm good for 6 months.
1 (B) That was fun but now I'm bored again
1 (C) Night City was cool, but I really wanted Silent Planet... whatever that might be
3 (D) I voted to fix the bugs, dammit

4. Suppose the team fixed every bug in the game:

3 (A) Thank you devs, I will now play all the time because that AoF doesn't give random extra turns anymore
11 (B) Nothing will really change in my gameplay, but I'm happy they're fixed
3 (C) Fuck you guys, I relied on those bugs to compete in PVP and now I have to find a new offense/defense
0 (D) Sure you fixed the bugs, but where's my new content? I want it all, and I want it now.

5. What's the most exciting part of the game for you right now?

4 (A) Getting to play as Eddie / getting new Eddies to play around with
3 (B) Creating new and innovative PVP Teams
1 (C) The storylines
6 (D) New and challenging ways to play
1 (E) The satisfaction of giving my Troopers badges
5 (F) Looking forward to getting new characters
4 (G) Fix the damn bugs!
2 (H) Addiction!

666. (See above)

Yup
01-10-2018, 12:43 AM
Performance fixes

- Kill the AoF Extra turn whenever it feels like it, even if it's dead, issue

- Night City

- Secret Planet

- ALL LoL dungeons available all the time

- Unannounced New World

- Unannounced new Dungeon

- Unannounced New World

- Unannounced New World

- Unannounced New World

Rather than events, this game should really be releasing new "levels' or "worlds' every 3 to 6 months, minimum.

slauki
01-10-2018, 01:07 AM
Rather than events, this game should really be releasing new "levels' or "worlds' every 3 to 6 months, minimum.

love the idea, bring us the FOTD level back for example, or something like that. that was mini content which was really good. sparton said, that they had "technical issues" to implement that, so go on and solve the issues i'd say. this would open ENDLESS possibilities. a piece of mind level to farm piece of mind eddie frags or POM soul frags for example.

dammit release night city and add a new level of it every week, be creative guys :P

what i would love to see in addition to this:

- give us some rewards for beating certain times in EVERY level. so we would have to play every level again to complete the best time and to grab the rewards.
-change the pvp ranking, so that we get rid of the saturday rush. maybe a daily, a two days ranking or a twice per week ranking would be interesting which would contribute to a monthly ranking with different rewards.
- let us play two or more troopers at once
- give us better rewards for pvp, so that it's worth to play it
- give us some reason to play other levels than powerslave/amolad/god over and over again
- get rid of the 1000 coin rewards in LOL dungeons
- open lol every day (very good one from yup)
- give us a pvp/pve hall of fame
-change the stupid yellow undead soldier as monthly reward for day 6 and give a 5* sacrificial heart or something like that
- give us a state of the nation 2018, what should we expect this year?
- give us some more days of the most epic event ever - the immortal one !!!
- lower the store prices for some good stuff. i would love to support the game, but i won't let me get robbed with the prices.i would rather donate 5-10$ than buy a stupid talisman pack, and i'm dead serious with that
- servers are sooo slow in the last weeks - was the 300 char slots jump maybe too big?

MrFreeze
01-10-2018, 01:17 AM
Replace that gateway 386 they’re using as a server. Holy crap is it slow tonight. These server issues since the dec update are going to kill the game for me. It already took long enough to run troopers, etc. now it’s just becoming too frustrating to bother.

Yup
01-10-2018, 01:22 AM
now it’s just becoming too frustrating to bother.

... EXACTLY where I'm heading....

Amarthir
01-10-2018, 01:26 AM
I came up with a neat idea on Dank's post.

How about a more interesting "live" mode where you play with other players in special modes? Maybe I want to team up with GotN and Mariner and kick The Beast's ass for special team rewards. We could make a champion team and that would grind our troopers much faster and it would be very entertaining to see what having 3 or 4 Eddie's on one team can do. It could make some unused Eddies more interesting as well.

Yup
01-10-2018, 01:43 AM
All these "new modes" and stuff are interesting.

However, once one stops to think about just how many new worlds, dungeons, or levels have been released in the last 6 months...

...sorry new "modes" are a pipe dream at best and nowhere close to reality. CLEARLY development has plateaued at new characters, thus the monthly events.... for a level/world based game to have ZERO new levels/worlds in at least 4 months, if not exceptionally longer, is shameful. You may as well hope for a "Lotto Eddie" that accurately predicts winning lotto numbers for your area. It's just as likely.

... Everyone rises to their level of incompetency..... LoTB is no different. They'll throw in new characters regularly because that's an easy thing... But actually having to build new level/world seems far beyond what development is willing to take on. Just look at BNW and how horrible that was/is... it's simply not in their wheelhouse I'm afraid. If it was, they'd fix issues faster and more effectively rather than just making pretty 3D artwork for a new character.

The reality is they probably know their rates of daily active user, revenue generation, and user decay and as long as those stay at relatively the same amounts, they don't actually need to do anything differently. So what if you quit... a new user will start playing.

Mariner-1212
01-10-2018, 02:07 AM
love the idea, bring us the FOTD level back for example, or something like that. that was mini content which was really good. sparton said, that they had "technical issues" to implement that, so go on and solve the issues i'd say. this would open ENDLESS possibilities. a piece of mind level to farm piece of mind eddie frags or POM soul frags for example.

dammit release night city and add a new level of it every week, be creative guys :P

what i would love to see in addition to this:

- give us some rewards for beating certain times in EVERY level. so we would have to play every level again to complete the best time and to grab the rewards.
-change the pvp ranking, so that we get rid of the saturday rush. maybe a daily, a two days ranking or a twice per week ranking would be interesting which would contribute to a monthly ranking with different rewards.
- let us play two or more troopers at once
- give us better rewards for pvp, so that it's worth to play it
- give us some reason to play other levels than powerslave/amolad/god over and over again
- get rid of the 1000 coin rewards in LOL dungeons
- open lol every day (very good one from yup)
- give us a pvp/pve hall of fame
-change the stupid yellow undead soldier as monthly reward for day 6 and give a 5* sacrificial heart or something like that
- give us a state of the nation 2018, what should we expect this year?
- give us some more days of the most epic event ever - the immortal one !!!
- lower the store prices for some good stuff. i would love to support the game, but i won't let me get robbed with the prices.i would rather donate 5-10$ than buy a stupid talisman pack, and i'm dead serious with that
- servers are sooo slow in the last weeks - was the 300 char slots jump maybe too big?

Love it, post updated.

To expand on your Leaderboard concept and reasons to play other levels...

How about that leaderboard for PVE, and each week there are 4 stages that are featured. So for example, Circle Of Fire in Underworld - best time 1:07. Players compete for the best time in this stage and at the end of the week, there are tiered rewards for the top 5 or top 1. This would give users more purpose when farming with Troopers. Or even one level that changes daily. Thoughts?

Mariner-1212
01-10-2018, 02:13 AM
All these "new modes" and stuff are interesting.

However, once one stops to think about just how many new worlds, dungeons, or levels have been released in the last 6 months...

...sorry new "modes" are a pipe dream at best and nowhere close to reality. CLEARLY development has plateaued at new characters, thus the monthly events.... for a level/world based game to have ZERO new levels/worlds in at least 4 months, if not exceptionally longer, is shameful. You may as well hope for a "Lotto Eddie" that accurately predicts winning lotto numbers for your area. It's just as likely.

... Everyone rises to their level of incompetency..... LoTB is no different. They'll throw in new characters regularly because that's an easy thing... But actually having to build new level/world seems far beyond what development is willing to take on. Just look at BNW and how horrible that was/is... it's simply not in their wheelhouse I'm afraid. If it was, they'd fix issues faster and more effectively rather than just making pretty 3D artwork for a new character.

The reality is they probably know their rates of daily active user, revenue generation, and user decay and as long as those stay at relatively the same amounts, they don't actually need to do anything differently. So what if you quit... a new user will start playing.

The releasing of totally new content to date has left a lot to be desired, yes. And maybe you're right about their motivation to appease the player base vs. just getting new players - but I really don't think so. My gut says they do care. They've implemented so many new things into this, and accounted for a ton of past user feedback. It's proven that they listen, so until proved wrong, I think this exercise is worth the effort. And, I appreciate your involvement, Yup. You have good ideas and it's clear that you want a better product, as we all do. \m/

Yup
01-10-2018, 02:22 AM
I merely think there's a marked difference between altering existing content and configuring new content.. and clearly NEW content, beyond new characters, isn't really the goal as I see it.

Yes they listen. Didn't mean to imply they don't. But devs aren't actually going to share any long-term goals. And, I simply remember this is their *job*... some working may be passionate, others just doing what they need to to get their paycheck. Often the passionate workers are overwhelmed by the status quo workers.

And as far as ownership... I'm certain the bottom line is really all they care about. So new content needs to have a very high probability of increasing revenue. In most cases, that means it's better to alter or tweak existing content or add things which require much less dev time (like new characters every month). It may make the game seem like it has actual new content.. but it really doesn't.

I beat all worlds a couple months ago.. have every character in the game except VHE. If I don't have a character other than VHE it's because it sucked and I sacrificed it. I'm now in a position of collecting characters I don't really want or need and leveling them up just for something to do. If they can't release new worlds/levels reasonably soon.... well.. I won't bother any longer. You merely CAN'T keep players interested by throwing in the same events with a new character every month. It's not enough if the story is ALWAYS the same.... and PvP is boring as hell. New "modes" may sound fantastic.. but if they can't release new worlds.. they surely won't work on new "modes". They already have a road map for worlds... there's 4 basic, 4 dungeons (not counting LOL), and 3 others to all use as a template.... It just can't be that difficult. And it seems to me the focus is elsewhere.

The only possible saving grace is.. if all these new characters were populating some undisclosed world such as night city. So the new character releases were a path to the new world release. I mean Battlefield has different characters than Underworld... that sort of thing. But if that's the case.. there may be another 6 months to a year before all the new characters are done with development. Which it too long in my opinion.

Amarthir
01-10-2018, 02:27 AM
I'll add to this post over time.

About the monthly rewards: +1 on the sacrificial heart idea, how about, since there are 6 precious soul characters, we spread them throughout the month, (1* Gold Idol on the 5th, 1* Heart on the 10th, 3* Gold Idol on the 15th and so on)

About the store ideas: PLEASE give us a gold boost similar to the XP boost

An option to change sound settings in battle would be nice as a minor change. Also, maybe an option to use randomized game tracks when you're playing a level if you want to hear something different.

Edit: actually since the calendar has 24 daily rewards in one month, why not fill out the last 6 days with the hearts and idols?

Drfeelgood232
01-10-2018, 05:30 AM
Lots of good ideas already mentioned. I would also like to see the rankings in the arena adjusted. It takes close to 0 effort to achieve duelist 1, but significant effort to get to Warlord 3. Doesn't incentivize competing when finishing at 3000 and 1901 offers the same reward.

Rain88
01-10-2018, 08:06 AM
Pretty much agree with everything said. But what bothers me the most (even more than bugs) is the TIME is takes to play all troopers. I have suggested before and I will never stop suggesting it: why can't this game have a sweep/instant/whateveryouwannacallit mode. I can't see the need of wasting all this time and phone battery on auto-play to finish all troopers (which takes AT LEAST 3 hours everyday)

The sweep/instant/whateveryouwannacallit could be another button under battle that would allow you to finish instantly a battle that you have already finished (without having to wait for the autoplay)

1e 2b 3a 4b 5a

Kamuz24z
01-10-2018, 08:16 AM
There are many great ideas that have been posted already and I support all of them
In the arena we need something to motivate the players better rewards a Mythical soul a 5 stars of your choice, exclusive talismans, something that can’t be gain by just farming, maybe create toons that can be achieve only when you win Eternal or top 5 give those toons unique abilities (no mediocre toons) everyone will fight to get this toons, a different point system so the players who can’t play on Saturday can fight for Eternal, hide attack team and talismans from players or going blind and RNG will randomly pick any of your 3 defenses so anytime you fight the same player you won’t fight the same defense, give a twist to pvp every month like been able to bring a second Eddie but not like in pve where you can switch Eddies, give the Eternal of the week something different like a golden symbol so when you face him/her in the arena you know he/she is the king of last week
but in order for the players to spend enough time in the Arena fixing bugs and playing troopers faster is critical.
\m/ just like Mariner said is IRON Fucking MAIDEN up the the irons

surfingwithdje
01-10-2018, 10:03 AM
Very good ideas here...

The most important for me : a system for non dupes characters... Since there are more and more characters, what is the chance to get a new character when you miss only 2-3 of them ? virtually zero...
The frontier point system is very good, is it possible to extend it to all the characters? (got a character for 500 frontier coins sounds great)

Don't worried for the store we will continue to buy ironite and souls (we need it for the arena/sacrifices-> skillshards are need for level up the characters)

Other improvements I'd like to see:

PvP:
- hall of fame
- Gold/silver/bronze medals in the nickname or the avatar for those who have been eternal/rank2/rank3 (since the launch of the arena)
- maybe better rewards (grinding for top ranks actually don't worth the effort)
- Other ladders (pvp modes with restrictions: only sentinels, no power moves, only eddies, etc...)

Pve:
- be able to use several troopers in the same run (once you got the grim reaper eddie)
- parts of new worlds every 2/3 months
- new missions

Peppoah
01-10-2018, 12:21 PM
I agree with everything said before.
Biggest issue is the waste of time to play all your troopers.
One smaller issue, that I personally had, is to give everybody the same price when there’s a tie in the pvp ranks. I once was rank 13 with the same points as rank 10 and didn’t get the prize for 10th place only because of the alphabetical order. It was Ash, FallenAngel and me. It’s just one SS, but not fair anyway.

But first of all, fix the bugs. What’s more annoying to me than AOF, is WUR who’s stealing endure when you have PI on.

Ubajoa
01-10-2018, 03:38 PM
There are some great ideas here, Im gonna give mine:

PVE: Im Okay with most of it, but:

- Please PLEASE get rid of 1000 gold reward in LOL. I'd prefer to get 1 3* exp shard instead.
- Some weekly competition like the arena, clear most stages in X time or a dungeon with endless waves and compete for the higher level.

PVP:

- Right now the only good reward in pvp is the community recognition, the podium poster is great but it is bugged since week 39 (9 weeks ago); the ingame poster shown is the one which LordSchmeb won the 1st place. It is not fair to anyone who wins the week and cant see his poster ingame.

- Improve PVP rewards, as I said in the last point pvp rewards are really bad. They need to be improved, we need better rewards and dont hurt the balance between top players and the rest of community. A skin soul for the winners, it would give the winners the opportunity to have a toon with different color (same abilities and stats) something like a black nomad, that would be awesome and clearly would reward a player to fight for a top spot.

Cheers.

slauki
01-10-2018, 05:09 PM
carlos skin soul idea is really cool.

a few more ideas:

-xp boost shouls be available to buy for gold too like during one october event.
- other stuff shouls be available for gold too like xp and talisman evo packs, why not creating more bottlenecks, it will keep us motivated to grind (but the gold issue got MUCH better TBH)
- lower the price for the monthly legendary soul, 10 mio is somewhat out of line, feels like a robbery.
-make all 5* worthy (give PDK an aoe attack for example and he will be great) it sucks to get an uber rare toon like mystic eddie just to find out that he is crap.
- i thought BNW was designed to get talismans, why the hell do we have a load of talismans in the pvp store?
makes no sense, there are better ways to drain our ironcoins. (like carlos skin soul idea :) )
- events are great give us a bit more than in january please. would be cool if we could see some really creative stuff, the possibilities are endless. why not letting us farm solely NOTB in every possible difficulty to get the 666 frags for example (this would have been something different)

Dank Brew
01-10-2018, 07:11 PM

Best thing ever lmfao!!!!

All of the ideas here kick ass. Every one of them.

My personal favorite would be the never ending level and the gold booster (which I mentioned months ago! I have only been able to get the legendary soul for 10m gold once, when it was first released. Since then my gold has never been above 3m because of leveling up characters and talismans and even using souls is expensive as hell.)

Dank Brew
01-10-2018, 07:14 PM
I'll add to this post over time.

About the monthly rewards: +1 on the sacrificial heart idea, how about, since there are 6 precious soul characters, we spread them throughout the month, (1* Gold Idol on the 5th, 1* Heart on the 10th, 3* Gold Idol on the 15th and so on)

About the store ideas: PLEASE give us a gold boost similar to the XP boost

An option to change sound settings in battle would be nice as a minor change. Also, maybe an option to use randomized game tracks when you're playing a level if you want to hear something different.

Edit: actually since the calendar has 24 daily rewards in one month, why not fill out the last 6 days with the hearts and idols?

YES! The same exact songs for every motion gets very old very fast, even if it is the songs we love. Randomize the songs please! And also the option to adjust the volume of music/effects in battle would be great. Most of the time the effects overpower the music which is simply ridiculous!

Askora
01-10-2018, 07:21 PM
First, a big kudos to mariner for starting this thread. A nod to dank brew as well for his thread, despite the fact I don't usually care for the negative threads.

On to the poll. 1) D, 2) B, 3) A, 4) B, 5) H (or none of the above, further detail below).

Thoughts on what others have mentioned. Yes, to the what to expect this year post. Immortal event was great, but on the dev side I can see where it might have been a little over generous. I'd still like you to have events like that, but they should be the exception rather than the rule.

New worlds are a definite must. Personally, I'm a bit astounded that it's taken so long. I'm sure BNW had it's challenges (including it's anticlimactic release and bugs), but a more normal level would seem to be fairly easy to implement. Isn't one world essentially a template for every other world? Is it really that hard to copy/paste, change some background artwork, swap characters and put an entry point? I get that storyline and implementing something akin to BNW takes longer, but maybe worlds that are just there to explore would help in the content department.

A ‘live’ mode would be awesome, especially in something like pvp. Even if the reward for that mode was strictly bragging rights I think it'd be cool. Fog of war in the top 100, keep people motivated to stay there. For the non- dupe toons, I think frontier coins would be great although probably should cost more than eternals do. The reason being that, eternal and trooper souls you have 1 in 4 chance, so you're reasonably likely to get the set with patience. I've sac’ed several Bastions and still missing trooper so I know the dupe pain. The normal toons have a lower probability so should be harder to obtain.

Finally, my two cents. Get over the AoF bug already. Anyone who's been playing for a while and has a decent team is probably in at least the 90%+ win category in PvP. Top ranks there really aren't that many teams with him on defense. I see more extra turns granted by grievous burns triggering revenge and counterstrike than I do AoF granting extra turns. Yes it's an issue. But, if that less than 10% or more likely 1-2% of your gameplay in one aspect of the game is your grievance, I think you're fooling yourself. Rant over

More events need to happen, most notably new types of events. Is there a way to make a fragment event with talismans? Would be something different, just don't need anymore Freeze (sorcery) talismans. Bug fixes, especially on server side issues need to happen.

One thing I've noticed in this thread (and most others) is everyone saying what they want from the devs. That's cool, they are the ones making the money from this. But, we as the players, can also make improvements. The forum is a mess. It has great information, but finding anything that's more than a few days old can be a chore. Slauki has done some great work with the maximized character list, video competitions and such. I'm still working on my website (and collaborating with mariner) that will hopefully tie together a lot of the info from the forum. Carlos keeps eternal list up to date. There are plenty of others not mentioned. Who'll step up and take the reigns on the weekly PvP thread? The talisman thread? The in-depth character reviews? The forum is lacking because the members aren't contributing.

Last bit. To NF I'd like to say thank you. Not everyone may appreciate all the improvements, but I'd like to think most of us do even if we don't always voice it. BNW is better since the bugs were finally worked out. VHE not crashing the game with his fury is a big plus. APMA3 while annoying, has at least salvaged numerous wins and rewards. Very obviously there has been bug fixes going on, and I think you've focused in the right direction on that. Bugs that break the game have priority over bugs that mean a character or effect doesn't behave exactly like the description. And, fix the server performance issues. :D

Up the Irons!
Askora-8071

Yup
01-10-2018, 07:23 PM
I actually turned all music off after about the first 3 days... lest I become annoyed by music I generally enjoy. The repetitive nature of the loops can be grating, even if the tune isn't traditionally.

Dank Brew
01-10-2018, 07:26 PM
I actually turned all music off after about the first 3 days... lest I become annoyed by music I generally enjoy. The repetitive nature of the loops can be grating, even if the tune isn't traditionally.

Exactly! I turned it off too. Which is sad since the band is what brought us to the game.
There really should be more music, and why didn't they implement lyrics at all?

Yup
01-10-2018, 07:34 PM
I suspect.. and only suspect.. the game licensed the name and Eddie character from Iron Maiden. I doubt the band is actually the driving factor behind the game. i.e. Iron Maiden the band, doesn't own Naughty Frog. Naughty Frog pays Iron Maiden royalties for using their intellectual property. It's far more a symbiotic business relationship than a direct Band venture. I notice most of the music is a close approximation to the actual songs, but it's not exactly 100% accurate in many cases.

Dank Brew
01-10-2018, 07:34 PM
A nod to dank brew as well for his thread, despite the fact I don't usually care for the negative threads.

It wasn't meant to be a "negative thread". I like to think of it as a cry for help.

I love this damn game and I want the best for it. If no one complained about the bugs, do you think any of them would get fixed? Would they even know about them? Nope. If no one complained about the trooper grind do you think they would even know how frustrating it is, every day? Nope.

Sure most of my posts are viewed as negative, but I have plenty of positive posts. The point of every single post of mine is to help better the game. NF sees an upset player and hopefully it gives them motivation to fix whatever that issue is ASAP.

Dank Brew
01-10-2018, 07:36 PM
I suspect.. and only suspect.. the game licensed the name and Eddie character from Iron Maiden. I doubt the band is actually the driving factor behind the game. i.e. Iron Maiden the band, doesn't own Naughty Frog. Naughty Frog pays Iron Maiden royalties for using their intellectual property. I notice most of the music is a close approximation to the actual songs, but it's not exactly 100% accurate in many cases.

Yeah, I was wondering if they recorded alternate versions for the game, or if a DJ remixed them or something...

I think it'd be cool to include live versions of their music for battle scenes. It starts out with Bruce yelling to the crowd "ARE YOU READY!!!????" or whatever he says in that show to hype the crowd. Wouldn't that be awesome?!

Mariner-1212
01-11-2018, 12:42 AM
This thread is all updated for today. Thanks to all that have provided feedback, and to those that haven't, feel free to add any ideas you have. This is a great opportunity to be heard.

Tomorrow we'll summarize the Trooper discussion thread, and move onto PVP - and so many of you have great ideas on that one, it should be fun to discuss.

Thanks and UP THE IRONS! \m/

Amarthir
01-11-2018, 01:44 AM
We should have an option to lower the graphics on the game, that would ease the load on those with mid-low end devices.

Also, I vote for raising the essence value of 3* characters, at least high enough for 10 maxed out to make a grand sacrifice.

Rain88
01-11-2018, 04:45 AM
This thread is all updated for today. Thanks to all that have provided feedback, and to those that haven't, feel free to add any ideas you have. This is a great opportunity to be heard.

Tomorrow we'll summarize the Trooper discussion thread, and move onto PVP - and so many of you have great ideas on that one, it should be fun to discuss.

Thanks and UP THE IRONS! \m/

Cheers mariner.

I don't think i was clear about what I meant with the instant thing. It would be a locked button under battle that would unlock once you completed a level without using trooper or ironite. Once unlocked, this button would allow you to instantly finish the battle (any get the usual reward) using any team (including a trooper). This would save heaps of time without affecting anything else.

T-Man
01-11-2018, 11:49 PM
All of these would make the game better, but if there can be only one...

1. Which element do you feel should be the primary focus of the devs for the next month?
(A) Bug fixes and nothing else

2. Which element has most made you feel like quitting the game?
(C) The bugs

3. Suppose a new world was released, and you beat it in the first 3 days. How do you feel?
(A) Hey, at least we've got some new scenery to farm! I'm good for 6 months.

4. Suppose the team fixed every bug in the game:
(B) Nothing will really change in my gameplay, but I'm happy they're fixed

5. What's the most exciting part of the game for you right now?
(D) New and challenging ways to play

A lil late to the party here, but I think overall the game needs to run smoothly, and everything should work as advertised.

Thanks Mariner!

Ezz
01-12-2018, 03:02 PM
1) c
2) c
3) a
4) a
5) g

The absolute most frustrating thing about this game is the friggin AOF and his bugged extra turns. There are other bugs but losing 15 pvp matches per week to defenses with AOF that grant extra turns for removing endure on my blocker but not killing anyone on my team is ridiculous and infuriating. How anybody justifies using this cheater on defense is still beyond me.
PI is annoying as are a lot of the other bugs - but AOF fix needs to be priority one for a truly functional meta. Priority 2 should be new modes and content.

GotN
01-12-2018, 04:40 PM
Another great thread thread. Thank you very much Mariner for starting this! You‘re doing an awesome job man! This thread and all the following dealing with annoying issues in this game and making more and more leave or at least going casual are very necessary. For me the dozens of game crashes a day and time consuming gameplay are the most annoying things about this game.

1 E, 2 B, 3 A, 4 B, 5 F, 666 \m/ 😈

Mariner-1212
01-12-2018, 06:19 PM
Another great thread thread. Thank you very much Mariner for starting this! You‘re doing an awesome job man! This thread and all the following dealing with annoying issues in this game and making more and more leave or at least going casual are very necessary. For me the dozens of game crashes a day and time consuming gameplay are the most annoying things about this game.

1 E, 2 B, 3 A, 4 B, 5 F, 666 \m/ 😈

Thanks! Thread is updated with the latest votes \m/