PDA

View Full Version : Collecting Characters

Leviathan
07-03-2016, 10:38 PM
While some characters are earned through the story line, the vast majority, including Eddies, will need to be unlocked by summoning them from the Book of Souls.

Souls have their own rarity which determines the rarity of the character summoned.

Common souls can summon 1 to 3-star characters.
Rare souls can summon 3 to 5-star characters.
Legendary souls can summon 4 to 5-star characters.

Class-specific souls can be purchased in the Store with Trooper Badges, so you can guarantee the class of character you will summon.

Summoning does cost Gold:

Gold
Soul

Common

Common Gunner/Assassin

Rare (including class-specific)

Legendary

Characters you unlock will be marked as ‘New’ in your team until you view them.

It’s highly recommended that you lock the characters you know you want to keep. Simply select them in the ‘My Team’ screen and then tap the lock icon on the right-hand side of their info modal.

You can also sell characters you don’t want for Gold. Simply tap the ‘Sell’ button on the left-hand side of the ‘My Team’ screen, then tap the characters you want to liquidate. Locked characters will be greyed out. Once you’re done selecting characters, tap the ‘Sell’ button to confirm. All portraits with a coin icon will be sold.

Note: Selling is irreversible!

GaiusVagor
07-12-2016, 04:38 PM
Is there any reason to keep more than two of each ally? For instance, I have several Wickerdog Kings, but would only ever be able to use two of them at a time. Are the extras good for anything other than gold?

Jennie-5128
07-12-2016, 05:00 PM
Gaius: I'd flog em to make room for something more interesting myself

Lamia
07-12-2016, 05:50 PM
I have several Wickerdog Kings, but would only ever be able to use two of them at a time. Are the extras good for anything other than gold?
Currently you can only sell extra characters for gold, however in a future update we will be making duplicate characters much more worthwhile. So perhaps for your more valuable extras (4 and 5 stars, say) you might want to see if you can maintain enough space to keep them around.

You can purchase extra character (and item) slots by tapping the +' sign at the end of your characters/items. Each expansion is 5 slots and each expansion increases in cost.

moosehead
07-13-2016, 03:11 PM
What is the maximum characters you can have? I'm at 35

Lamia
07-13-2016, 11:15 PM

Please see:

You can purchase extra character (and item) slots by tapping the +' sign at the end of your characters/items. Each expansion is 5 slots and each expansion increases in cost.

As far as I know there is no maximum.

Hellrider
07-24-2016, 03:35 PM
Currently you can only sell extra characters for gold, however in a future update we will be making duplicate characters much more worthwhile. So perhaps for your more valuable extras (4 and 5 stars, say) you might want to see if you can maintain enough space to keep them around.

Is it valid for Eddies too ? I've got 3 3* Speed Of Light Eddies (all summoned from 2* souls) ?

Lamia
08-04-2016, 10:36 PM

UPDATE: I believe the max is 100, unless someone can confirm otherwise.

Is it valid for Eddies too ? I've got 3 3* Speed Of Light Eddies (all summoned from 2* souls) ?

Yes, I would definitely recommend trying to hold on to your spare Eddies.

Kaijester
08-05-2016, 12:29 AM
If I remember correctly, taking it to 60 character slots took me 90,000 golds...

Trystangst
08-05-2016, 12:53 AM
If I remember correctly, taking it to 60 character slots took me 90,000 golds...

from 55 to 60 is 90,000 gold (or 70 ironite).

SrG
08-16-2016, 09:53 PM

Is this something that's coming in the near future?

Trying to decide if I should hang on to a bunch of ally duplicates or just evolve the main one I use.

MadMax
08-19-2016, 06:37 PM
Damn, I wish I'd seen this thread about saving backup Eddies before I sold a bunch :(

Lamia
08-19-2016, 07:33 PM
Is this something that's coming in the near future?

We generally do not post ETAs for updates, all I can recommend is keeping an eye on the Game Updates (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/forumdisplay.php?36-Game-Updates) forum.

maxdeviations
08-20-2016, 04:01 AM
maybe you can have a way to combine 2* souls into 3* ... and so on.. that would be great. i have over 100 2* souls just sitting cause i never get anything good from them

Cthulhum
08-22-2016, 11:30 AM

Wish i had read this message earlier! Been playing since pretty much the beginning and I've sold way too many 4 stars up to now (and 2 5 star duplicates...)

Other people should read this too!

MAD JACK
06-21-2018, 10:49 PM
I am currently at 115 slots with it costing 600,000 gold or 100 ironite to go to 120...

GotN
06-21-2018, 11:20 PM
Hahaa, wow this one is old :D
Maximum costs are 1.8M gold or 100 ironite for 5 new slots. Am at 250 and no end in sight ;)

13thLayerOfHellSpawn
07-18-2019, 09:10 AM
So, it has been 3 years.. what is the update making keeping duplicates "worthwhile"?

Olevipoeg
07-18-2019, 09:42 AM
So, it has been 3 years.. what is the update making keeping duplicates "worthwhile"?
Sacrifice. And Gauntlet.

Blade
07-18-2019, 09:52 AM
And holding extra Talismans.

scott-5496
07-18-2019, 10:32 AM
Yeah holding extra tallies for sure! But I keep some dupes in case I need their particualr skills in a buff/nerf event where two of one ally can make things quicker - might as well keep em for that and holding tallies as I have the space - and if I ever do not need them then they can be sacked.

kgk56
07-18-2019, 12:08 PM
Sacrifice. And Gauntlet.

I just keep a dupe Gambler and a Raven Witch for Gauntlet :)

Brandy-5034
05-18-2020, 02:59 AM
While some characters are earned through the story line, the vast majority, including Eddies, will need to be unlocked by summoning them from the Book of Souls.

Souls have their own rarity which determines the rarity of the character summoned.

Common souls can summon 1 to 3-star characters.
Rare souls can summon 3 to 5-star characters.
Legendary souls can summon 4 to 5-star characters.

Class-specific souls can be purchased in the Store with Trooper Badges, so you can guarantee the class of character you will summon.

Summoning does cost Gold:

Gold
Soul

Common

Common Gunner/Assassin

Rare (including class-specific)

Legendary

Characters you unlock will be marked as ‘New’ in your team until you view them.

It’s highly recommended that you lock the characters you know you want to keep. Simply select them in the ‘My Team’ screen and then tap the lock icon on the right-hand side of their info modal.

You can also sell characters you don’t want for Gold. Simply tap the ‘Sell’ button on the left-hand side of the ‘My Team’ screen, then tap the characters you want to liquidate. Locked characters will be greyed out. Once you’re done selecting characters, tap the ‘Sell’ button to confirm. All portraits with a coin icon will be sold.

Note: Selling is irreversible!

hello on about collecting or getting characters I have a question I used to have run to the hills eddie and I sacrificed him awhile ago and I was wondering how do I get him back I did send a support through the game asking but I figured you might know something thank you

infinite dreamer
05-20-2020, 06:24 PM
hello on about collecting or getting characters I have a question I used to have run to the hills eddie and I sacrificed him awhile ago and I was wondering how do I get him back I did send a support through the game asking but I figured you might know something thank you

I think you can only get Run to the Hills Ed through the story progression now, so your support ticket would probably be your best chance at getting him back.

jstrickPhoto
05-21-2020, 12:41 AM
I had to create myself an Excel Spreadsheet so I could keep track of my Eddie and Allies. I've since added tabs for Dungeon Achievements (listing teams I've used and what the remaining achievements are), a tab for the relics I've grabbed, a tab for Awakened characters and then a tab to track the certain characters that come in all 5 (or 6 - Cosmic) varieties.

As far as dupes go, I have kept Heirophants and Minotaurs for dupes. All the others I just save for sacrifice events. Today, I'm sitting on 11 5* Eddies and 15 4* Eddies for the next sac event. Not to mention all the 5* and 4* allies and about 30 of those 5* sacrificial hearts.

Azagthor
05-21-2020, 02:34 AM
I had to create myself an Excel Spreadsheet so I could keep track...

Welcome to the wonderful world of spreadsheets! :D I have sooooo many of them now :cool:

It hasn't been updated in a few months, but I found this fan-site (https://lotbgamer.com/ (https://lotbgamer.com/)) really useful for helping organise my character collection, especially when it came to the 3* characters. Easy enough to make an account, and then you can select the characters you have and easily see which ones you're still missing.

jstrickPhoto
05-21-2020, 02:43 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of spreadsheets :D

I have sooooo many of them now :cool:

I mean... when your collective list of characters gets to be so large, you need something to keep track of them so you don't sacrifice them or so you know how to build a dungeon/event team.

dragonmat89
05-21-2020, 09:49 AM
Did somebody say spreadsheets.....

Azagthor
05-22-2020, 05:26 AM
Did somebody say spreadsheets.....

I am in awe! Your colour coding is fantastic, as is the amount of details you're tracking. You even have filters!!! If you, you know, ever wanted to turn that into a template, like, I wouldn't stop you or anything :p

At the very least, I might borrow your idea of writing down teams at least, instead of my current system of hoping I can find screenshots, or that I wrote something down in my disorganised mess of files.

dragonmat89
05-22-2020, 10:39 AM
I am in awe! Your colour coding is fantastic, as is the amount of details you're tracking. You even have filters!!! If you, you know, ever wanted to turn that into a template, like, I wouldn't stop you or anything :p

Thanks :) Happy to share; I've uploaded it in a .zip and attached it to this post below (.xlsx not allowed as an attachment type). I've put a Read Me sheet at the start with information on how I've filled the tables so the filters work. I've also left it with my current collection of Eddies and Allies so you can see how it works; it should be easy enough to change around the 0's and X's to match your own collection then update the Needed table manually if you want to track that (yes, I know 0's and 1's would be easier but I like to make things difficult for myself and can't be bothered to change it all). I've also left in all my talisman builds and dungeon teams; no guarantee these are the best possible combinations but they work for me and many of them are from or based on the forum guides anyway.

Download:8428

jstrickPhoto
05-22-2020, 09:22 PM
I'll have to checkout your spreadsheet! Thanks for sharing.

hugoW
05-22-2020, 10:35 PM
Damn that might be the best shared thing i ever got in this forum, thank you so much, apreciated!

Also, taking the topic related:
Collecting characters + making duplicated good teams for odin + some extra characters for gauntlet... i think its time again to incriese the maximum slots available... at least from 600 to 666 slots predicting the next raid to need another type of toons to collect.

Brickster
05-22-2020, 10:51 PM
Thanks for sharing!

Azagthor
05-25-2020, 09:03 AM
Wonderful, thank you so much :D

dragonmat89
05-26-2020, 02:09 PM
No problem - happy to share and hope it proves useful =)