PDA

View Full Version : Old school games

Nekroliun
08-18-2016, 04:11 PM
So what did everyone here grow up playing? I personally played the hell out of DOOM, duke nukem and daggerfall. Daggerfall was so hard but fun, best moment was when i waited in a shop for after 12:00 and realised that everything he shop offered had became free, so i went outside after a shopping spree fully decked out with enchanted daedric gear

Jennie-5128
08-18-2016, 04:21 PM
Doom, Duke Nukem, and later Quake, yup yup.
Dungeon Keeper! I played the hell out of that. And original Grand Theft Auto.
*reminisces about Gouranga*

Nekroliun
08-18-2016, 04:25 PM
Dungeon keeper, what a game, too hard for me thou, i used to own the gold edition of the first one. Too bad the 3rd one was cancelled ��

Jennie-5128
08-18-2016, 04:28 PM
You used to be able to tell my student house because it was the one with the serial cables between all the windows. We used to have a rudimentary network for multiplayer games. Oh, the agony of the game stopping to sync up the connection between two similarly-but-not-quite-the-same powered machines...

There is a mobile version of DK - it's an absolute scam though. You can't progress unless you spud out a bunch of money.

And yeah, I had both and was gutted when the company went bust and we didn't get 3.

Nekroliun
08-18-2016, 05:01 PM
I had the mobile dk for some time, stopped after seeing how the p2w went from 0 to 100 in like 2 secs. And only 3 imps?!? What the hell, back in the day we couldve had 70 imps mine through one gem block, and the best part was that u could control them manually, first person view ftw

Jennie-5128
08-18-2016, 05:04 PM
I had the mobile dk for some time, stopped after seeing how the p2w went from 0 to 100 in like 2 secs. And only 3 imps?!? What the hell, back in the day we couldve had 70 imps mine through one gem block, and the best part was that u could control them manually, first person view ftw
Exactly! On the mobile one you could pay to get more imps, but only up to a max of 6. Utter rip-off.
I used to like possessing a dragon in a fight on the original. They were so tough!
Also slapping chickens, because I'm a big meanie. :)

Nekroliun
08-18-2016, 05:11 PM
Never got far into the game, too hard for me, but on the mobile one i stopped after getting my first colossus, played it for a while...

Slapping things was the best thou, im not that good of a strategist tbh, unless its warcraft 3.

Damn it nostalgia, now i want to play those games, i got doom, heretic and hexen on my pc, duke nukem is gone, and i had DK on my pc but i deleted it by mistake while freeing up space...

Jennie-5128
08-18-2016, 05:29 PM
I have resisted Warcraft for the longest time - I know how badly addicted I would get to something like that.

For you, and anyone else with nostalgic urges, I fully rec https://www.gog.com/
They have Dungeon Keeper for £4.49: https://www.gog.com/game/dungeon_keeper
My daughter fell in love with the Heroes of Might and Magic series after seeing them on GOG: https://www.gog.com/game/heroes_of_might_and_magic_3_complete_edition

Sadly they don't have Ed Hunter :(

Nekroliun
08-18-2016, 05:41 PM
Heroes of might and magic? Is it good, no matter i think ill play it anyways for that rich lore.

World of warcraft is addicting but the original warcraft 3 wasnt that addicting (which is good). I played warcraft 3 cuz of the nice lore and i needed to kno things about the lore before understanding wow's lore. But i gotta admit, back in the cataclysm expansion i spent A LOT of time playing my death knight

Heres a pic of me deleting him!

Dat iphone 6 cam quality.

Damn it this was the sadest and hardest decision i had to make in my life, he had full max pvp gear, that took like 1 year to get. Well too bad, hes gone :/

compurocker
08-18-2016, 05:44 PM
I played all the old school FPS mentioned here so far, but the game I played a ton in high school and brings back the most memories was the TeamFortress mod for Quake on the old MPlayer service. We also played a lot of Goldeneye and later, Super Smash Bros.

Nekroliun
08-18-2016, 05:46 PM
Never really got into any team fortress mod, had goldeneye on my n64 for some time but then brother sprayed some dishwashing liquid on it and ye, it got rekt

Gonzo
08-18-2016, 06:01 PM
Doom, Duke Nukem, and later Quake, yup yup.
Dungeon Keeper! I played the hell out of that. And original Grand Theft Auto.
*reminisces about Gouranga*

Look what I found a while back...

I played Quake 3 as a "Semi-pro" a reaaaaaally long time ago. There was no such thing as E-sports or anything like that, I got a mouse and keyboard sponsor and traveled a few times :P
I still play from time to time, it's free on Steam. But I'm rusty AF.

Also played Magic: The Gathering, does this count? Made it to a few Nationals, but I had to stop in 2001. We had a huge economical crisis in my country that made it almost impossible to buy boosters and packs.

The good ol' days... I'm gonna go cry for a while if it's ok with you guys...

Jennie-5128
08-18-2016, 06:19 PM
Oh Gonzo, the memories! I can probably still sing half the soundtrack songs...

We still do tabletop gaming in this house - although not Magic. Other half plays Doomtown. I'm more of a board games girl - currently loving King of Tokyo and Colt Express

Gonzo
08-18-2016, 06:27 PM
We do tabletop too. But we play TEG, it's similar to Risk but it takes a lot longer to finish :P Sometimes days LOL

Haven't played King of Tokyo. Colt Express looks really good.

Edit: I'm watching a review of Colt Express right now. Yeah... I should be working :P

Nekroliun
08-18-2016, 06:39 PM
I used to own gta 2, didnt like the original.

But about card games, i used to own a big collection of yugioh cards, instill jave 3 bug metal boxes full of them

and i play with my brother from time to time, i use a norma monster deck, op af, just wait ill i summon this guy

Not that good, but since hes a 6 star this amazing thing can be done

Now he has 3900 attack and 3300 defence, AND whenever he attacks he deals 200 dmg for each norma monster in the graveyard, and since i use a norma monster deck its pretty op, i lost synthesis spell some time ago but is ok, i have a spell called advanced ritual summon and i can use that to summon any ritual monster in the game!

I aso use a destiny hero deck, but i lost destiny hero diamond dude some time ago so the deck lost one of the good destiny heroes, still have dogma though which is the most op dude ever, when u summon him he freakin splits ur oponnent's hp by half.

Im so sad i lost my rarest card, obelisk the tormentor one of the 3 god cards, lost the guy after i dropped him in the toilet water, i picked him up but he was too soaked with water to continue living on, after that i kept him safe till 2 years old brother cut him in half, too sad for me, too valuable for me

Just spent half an hour taking these pics, finding the cards and writing this. Damn

Gonzo
08-18-2016, 06:54 PM
LOL... I know nothing about that card game but it looks fun too. I have a lot of MTG cards somewhere, a few quite expensive too.

My OCD is about to explode right now... BUY SOME SLEEVES!!!!!!! Protect those edges!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahaha

Baba-8301
08-18-2016, 07:31 PM
You used to be able to tell my student house because it was the one with the serial cables between all the windows.

Same here. We graduated to 10base2 by my third year though. Many, many late nights of Doom, Warcraft and Descent.

Jennie-5128
08-18-2016, 07:41 PM
BUY SOME SLEEVES!!!!!!! Protect those edges!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahaha
This was my reaction too LOL
King of ToKyo is fast and fun and you get to be Cthulhu. What's not to love?

Baba oh yes, the late nights! Many times did I get the "you have unlocked a hidden gaming tip l: GO TO BED" warning on DK.

Nekroliun
08-18-2016, 08:02 PM
Oh yea i have sleeves, alot of them, dont use them often, DAMN IT, rip obelisk

Was reading through my rise of the dragonlords deck just to make sure it all synergise with each other, and to maybe insert obelisk into it, u kno just cuz, dropped my ultra rare felgrand dragon too but i got like 5 of that guy, couldve sold a guy for a lot, too bad

Edit: no one sells sleeves in my country, and i think yugioh is shit right now so i stopped collecting. Was fun a long time ago, but trbe new monster types and spells make it impossible for oldschool gamers to winnone match, i once came to a friends house and played yugioh against him with the destiny hero deck, summoned dogma and rekt him, then out of nowhere he summoned an (i think 8) star black dose dragon that had an effect if kill everything on summon, unfair

The Educated fool
08-20-2016, 01:01 AM
I saw this thread and thought to myself... Pac Man! Donkey Kong! Galaga! Missle Command! Asteroids! lol :cool:

Jennie-5128
08-20-2016, 01:31 AM
Roland On The Ropes ;)

Nekroliun
08-20-2016, 01:48 AM
I saw this thread and thought to myself... Pac Man! Donkey Kong! Galaga! Missle Command! Asteroids! lol :cool:

Hahaha, wouldve talked about those if i were of that time period, when i started playing, playing on pc morrowind and megaman x8 were the games that everyone was talking about!

Gotta ask a question, did anyone, ANYONE play heretic 2? It is one of my all time favs, and had amazing graphics (for its time 1998), solid gameplay, a large variety of weapons, spells and defensive spells to use, and upgrades to them. I am currently playing through it again, reached the cloud fortress like 2 minutes ago!

PerthEddie
08-20-2016, 02:39 AM
As I am in my 40's I grew up in the 80's when it was all ZX Spectrum and Commodore 64 so I am talking games like Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy, Atic Atac, Lunar Jetman etc.

MuadDib-7367
09-09-2016, 06:59 PM
I played a lot of Civilization and Civ2. Also loved Dragon's Lair in the arcade.

The Educated fool
09-10-2016, 01:36 AM
Civilization was a favourite of mine too. Dragon's Lair was pretty cool too... :cool:

Nekroliun
09-11-2016, 07:59 AM
Never really played civ that much, even the new ones, ITS TOO COMPLICATED

And by the new ones I mean civ3 cuz my pc cant run a potato at 12 fps

moutabu
09-30-2016, 07:10 AM
So what did everyone here grow up playing? I personally played the hell out of DOOM, duke nukem and daggerfall. Daggerfall was so hard but fun, best moment was when i waited in a shop for after 12:00 and realised that everything he shop offered had became free, so i went outside after a shopping spree fully decked out with enchanted daedric gear

I have played delta force 1 and 2 and desert storm, halo 1.

Olevipoeg
09-30-2016, 07:42 AM
I remember playing a lot Avenger, R-type and of course Elite on my first home computer. Later came Ultimas, Wing Commander and Sierra quests on my first PC.

OpticSugar
09-30-2016, 03:36 PM
I remember playing a lot Avenger, R-type and of course Elite on my first home computer. Later came Ultimas, Wing Commander and Sierra quests on my first PC.

I was obsessed with Ultima IV on my Commodore 64 - and I actually replayed it last year (and finished it) when it came out on iOS (It's since been removed from the app store).

I currently play Elite Dangerous - with an Oculus Rift! That game is just amazing. The future is now.

OpticSugar
09-30-2016, 03:41 PM
How many people remember Outrun (the coin-op version)... or Mega Man ][ (NES)...

If you answered yes, then you definitely want to watch these two videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4vRX4S16BE

OpticSugar
09-30-2016, 03:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUHlVdqRlPA

I got obsessed with live bands playing old-school video game music earlier this week. I figured it was a cool way to tie in music to this discussion.

The Educated fool
09-30-2016, 06:06 PM
Very cool stuff, OS! Especially the end of the Mega Man II vid... Dr. Wily's Castle has some amazing music, even for that game! :cool:

Ever played Ocarina of Time? (Sure ya have... everyone has... ;) ) Have you ever heard this version of the Gerudo Valley theme? You might dig it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqEOKs19KU4

Nekroliun
09-30-2016, 06:19 PM
Very cool stuff, OS! Especially the end of the Mega Man II vid... Dr. Wily's Castle has some amazing music, even for that game! :cool:

Ever played Ocarina of Time? (Sure ya have... everyone has... ;) ) Have you ever heard this version of the Gerudo Valley theme? You might dig it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqEOKs19KU4

Well i didnt play ocarina...

The Educated fool
09-30-2016, 06:21 PM
Tragic. :cool: When you play Ocarina, Ocarina plays you...

Nekroliun
09-30-2016, 06:23 PM
Ok... Das kinda creepy...

The Educated fool
09-30-2016, 06:32 PM
1276 :cool:

Nekroliun
09-30-2016, 07:09 PM
Wow ganon sure looked really bad back in the day

osiris0000
10-01-2016, 03:47 AM
When i look back, there is 2 games i never forget..

Aladdin!!! This one was my best childhood game! It have amazing atmosphere for a SNES game..

7 SINS!!!! This is the most weirdest & funniest game i have ever played more than 10 years ago. I have never played something similar like this game.. I wonder if someone played it here? :)))

And lastly, if you can call Skyrim as Old school, that could be third one:

"I used to be a Rare-soul collector like you, then i took an Corrupted Owl Cultist arrow in the knee"

MetalWarrior
10-01-2016, 09:45 AM
This was the first game i played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-THUXZ1aE4

though this guy has only the circuit board in the video,but it used to look like the one in the picture below.

The Educated fool
10-01-2016, 11:22 PM
Now THAT is old school! :cool: The first video game I ever played was my dad's video pinball console. It looked like this:

Shifter
10-01-2016, 11:44 PM
Pong was my first game too, I think my parents still have the original Atari we got. Growing up in the 80s our hit was the old football hand held devices. Many a days wasted with them.

Aristo4
10-01-2016, 11:48 PM
This machine must be older than me :p

The Educated fool
10-01-2016, 11:50 PM
My pops never had a football hand held game, but he did have Baseball and Hockey... ah, memories. He actually still has the Baseball one today, and it still works!

Shifter
10-01-2016, 11:53 PM
I remember those too. good times.

The Educated fool
10-02-2016, 12:05 AM
Simpler times, my friend. Simpler, better times. :cool:

Mind you, we didn't have Iron Maiden games to waste time with everywhere we went back then, so there's something to be said for today too... I guess. lol

OpticSugar
10-04-2016, 01:02 PM
My pops never had a football hand held game, but he did have Baseball and Hockey... ah, memories. He actually still has the Baseball one today, and it still works!

I used to have these:

I never really got into (watching) sports after that. I remember the Baseball game was really fun tho. I like the little private buttons so you couldn't see what your opponent was doing.

Nekroliun
10-04-2016, 01:56 PM
This machine must be older than me :p

I can relate!

Aristo4
10-04-2016, 02:01 PM
My first console was the Nintendo NES, I'm not that young :rolleyes:

Nekroliun
10-04-2016, 02:05 PM
When i grew up the psx was all over the place, but my parents bought me a snes instead of it... Still i prefer the snes over the psx, its more fun imo

OpticSugar
10-04-2016, 02:20 PM
My first console was the Nintendo NES, I'm not that young :rolleyes:

My first console was the Atari 2600... I am less-young, although I never totally grew up :cool:

Rayray131
10-04-2016, 05:30 PM
I am going to show my age the first game system I had (if you can call it that) was PONG!! Then I graduated to Atari 2600, Atari 5200, then Commodore Vic 20 with the cassettes (all you youngsters can look on Wiki about those), graduated to the Commodore 64, then the original Nintendo, Playstation etc, etc...

OpticSugar
10-04-2016, 06:18 PM
I am going to show my age the first game system I had (if you can call it that) was PONG!! Then I graduated to Atari 2600, Atari 5200, then Commodore Vic 20 with the cassettes (all you youngsters can look on Wiki about those), graduated to the Commodore 64, then the original Nintendo, Playstation etc, etc...

C=64 was just incredible... I graduated to that after my 2600... and it just blew the doors off anything else that was out at the time (Once I finally got a 1541 floppy disk drive). I eventually ended up getting a 300 baud modem for it and would trade softwarez on local BBSs (Bulletin Board Systems - way, way before the internet). Those were the days. I then graduated to a NES with Robbie and the lightGun/Duck Hunt... Then an SNES... then the Commodore Amiga 500 - then Amiga 3000. The Amiga was again, so much better than any other computer systems out at the time in so many ways. I was die-hard Amiga until Commodore went out of business. How they dropped the ball I will never understand.

Rayray131
10-04-2016, 06:27 PM
The "Bard's Tale" was great on the Commodore 64

Nekroliun
10-04-2016, 06:53 PM
Is the bard's tale as good as the remake they made for mobile? Cuz that shit is amazing!

Rayray131
10-04-2016, 07:04 PM
It was as close to the original D&D as one could get on the computer (c-64). Had it on PlayStation, and everything was a top down view not the 3-D view like the original.

The Educated fool
10-04-2016, 11:34 PM
I used to have these:

I never really got into (watching) sports after that. I remember the Baseball game was really fun tho. I like the little private buttons so you couldn't see what your opponent was doing.

Those look like pretty sophistimicated devices! For their time, anyway.

I remember when the NES was the most amazing thing we had ever seen... :cool:

OpticSugar
10-05-2016, 09:31 PM
The cool thing about the NES was...

Well, before the NES came out, I was addicted to Super Mario Bros. coin operated standup machine. They had one at a pizza parlor on my way home from school and a whole bunch of us would all gather around it after school every day... There was always someone who had figured out a new hidden level and we'd just stand around watching him try to get to it. I used to fold pizza boxes for the owner for quarters to play. That game was just amazing in its day.

Then, later that year the NES came out, and it came with Super Mario Bros., and the really incredible thing was... it was totally identical to the arcade version. I mean, pixel for pixel identical. The music, the sound effects, right down to the last detail. It wasn't a remake, it was pretty much the same hardware that was in the arcade version, so this was a first time ever that we could play total arcade quality at home. It was a turning point for consoles.

Aristo4
10-05-2016, 09:34 PM
I can imagine :cool:

I got my NES in 1989 i think, or 1990....don't know anything about arcades pre 1990...I was only 8 :mad:

Eagleknight
10-05-2016, 09:45 PM
I always loved the arcade games Rygar and Tron. I'm thinking of buying one of those arcades that come preloaded with hundreds of games and you can request specific games to be loaded on it. I loved going to the arcade when I was a kid a million years ago.

OpticSugar
10-05-2016, 09:55 PM
I always loved the arcade games Rygar and Tron. I'm thinking of buying one of those arcades that come preloaded with hundreds of games and you can request specific games to be loaded on it. I loved going to the arcade when I was a kid a million years ago.

Definitely some of the fondest memories. I was so obsessed with Donkey Kong, I tried to make one (a Donkey Kong arcade game)... out of paper, magnets, erector set parts, and a Superman lunchbox. True story.

Eagleknight
10-05-2016, 09:58 PM
Definitely some of the fondest memories. I was so obsessed with Donkey Kong, I tried to make one (a Donkey Kong arcade game)... out of paper, magnets, erector set parts, and a Superman lunchbox. True story.

That so friggen cool.

Londo-7244
10-05-2016, 10:00 PM
Ah yes......walking into the arcade and those sounds tripping yer mind into a euphoric tantrum of quarter dropping wonderment....... tron , afterburner, galaga, spy hunter, ........ Damn good times
:p

Reeb99
10-06-2016, 03:39 AM
I had an Atari 2600 as a kid, then Apple IIc, then Nintendo, Super Nintendo.

First game I played online was Quake. Lots of the Team Fortress mod, and a little Thunder(something) CTF.

Then StarCraft, Diablo 2, Quake 2, 3, Unreal / UT, Half-Life 1, 2. After that I moved to Acheron's Call 2, PlanetSide 1, Star Wars Galaxies.

Then back to strategy games with Star Wars: Empire at War. Then mobile games.

I may have an addiction to electronic games.

The Educated fool
10-06-2016, 09:50 PM

Very cool man. I don't think gaming has the social aspect that it used to back when arcades were a thing... they always had a special, dingy charm all their own. Your story made me think of this article from Nintendo Power, back in the day...

I remember thinking that was about the coolest thing I'd ever seen, at the time. :cool:

Nekroliun
10-07-2016, 08:47 AM
Very cool man. I don't think gaming has the social aspect that it used to back when arcades were a thing... they always had a special, dingy charm all their own. Your story made me think of this article from Nintendo Power, back in the day...

I remember thinking that was about the coolest thing I'd ever seen, at the time. :cool:

I dunno if i agree, while back in the day when arcades where actually a thing... people who wanted to play games used to go OUTSIDE (Holy Shit), but now i think its best to destroy the social aspect, back in the day you couldnt stay at an arcade for like 6 am, but in your house on your pc, you can stay up to 2pm! And tbh the social aspect of gaming didnt actually die.. it still lives in the mics of every cod player screaming and swearing at you cuz ur shit at the game! But to this day putting your sweet sweet coins into a machine and playing some time crisis is amazing, there is still an arcade near my house... used to go there alot as a kid cuz i had no pc or psx... used to play house of the dead... like... alot

OpticSugar
10-07-2016, 01:38 PM
This place is in my neighborhood:
http://barcadebrooklyn.com/

My wife took my there on one of our first dates. Probably why I married her.

MetalWarrior
10-07-2016, 02:34 PM
This place is in my neighborhood:
http://barcadebrooklyn.com/

My wife took my there on one of our first dates. Probably why I married her.

Very smooth trickery, taking the kid to a candy store to convince :p

The Educated fool
10-07-2016, 04:30 PM
I dunno if i agree, while back in the day when arcades where actually a thing... people who wanted to play games used to go OUTSIDE (Holy Shit), but now i think its best to destroy the social aspect, back in the day you couldnt stay at an arcade for like 6 am, but in your house on your pc, you can stay up to 2pm! And tbh the social aspect of gaming didnt actually die.. it still lives in the mics of every cod player screaming and swearing at you cuz ur shit at the game! But to this day putting your sweet sweet coins into a machine and playing some time crisis is amazing, there is still an arcade near my house... used to go there alot as a kid cuz i had no pc or psx... used to play house of the dead... like... alot

No question there's still a social aspect to gaming... hell, the troopers section wouldn't exist without that aspect, would it? :cool: And Barcades are a cool phenomenon too (though there's never enough pinball on hand for my taste). Arcades just seemed cooler than they actually were I think, as a kid.

Nekroliun
10-07-2016, 04:38 PM
No question there's still a social aspect to gaming... hell, the troopers section wouldn't exist without that aspect, would it? :cool: And Barcades are a cool phenomenon too (though there's never enough pinball on hand for my taste). Arcades just seemed cooler than they actually were I think, as a kid.

Idk, but how can you call the troopers section a "social aspect" u dont even get to chat with other players! Now THAT IS A FEATURE I WANT

The Educated fool
10-07-2016, 05:24 PM
If you could, this board would lose some of its importance. :cool:

Nekroliun
10-07-2016, 05:25 PM
If you could, this board would lose some of its importance. :cool:

Wise words indeed!

Tbh my aim is the most posts in the forums... cuz in my book more posts means god amongst men

The Educated fool
10-07-2016, 05:34 PM
Sounds legit. :cool:

Nekroliun
10-07-2016, 05:37 PM
Sounds legit. :cool:

Ofc it does my friend!

MetalWarrior
10-07-2016, 06:38 PM
you are not in competition with men,you are trying to beat the spam bots. :p

Nekroliun
10-07-2016, 06:54 PM
you are not in competition with men,you are trying to beat the spam bots. :p

Oh shit! Oh no... no im not... spam bots usually get banned... damn it

The Educated fool
10-08-2016, 06:10 PM
Nekrobot? :cool:

Spambot9274
10-08-2016, 06:22 PM
You know what they say! If you cant find an oponnent, make yourself your oponnent!

The Educated fool
10-23-2016, 06:37 PM
Bump (#RiseAboveSpam)

Witkacy
10-28-2016, 04:39 PM
Kinda oldschool to me:

http://www.uchappy.com/Shooting-Games/A-Matter-Of-Life-And-Death-Game/

Have fun! :)
W

PsiH86
03-29-2017, 09:28 PM
Tetris most abruptly!:D
And if it is serious, then I began with Pac-Man (in a year 1989-1990), WarCraft 1-2 (in 1994), Heroes of the Sword and Magic 3, well and DOOM, Quake and other legends is natural!

Sidney
03-30-2017, 03:44 PM

LMAO!!! I did the same thing! I thought I was going to be transported back in time to people standing in line to try and get their initials on the high score. You mentioned some great games!!! Remember Zaxxon, Tron, Dig Dug, Track and Field and tempest? Not to mention the laser disk games like Dragon's Lair, Space quest and M.A.C.H. 3... My wife bought me an arcade cabinet a few years ago and it's always a hit when people come to visit... Ok... I won't lie... I spend way too much time down there playing Donkey Kong too... :D 2721

IronMark
04-01-2017, 08:00 PM
Hey
I played DOOM as well ( 2 parts) , Duken nuken was a legend( remember flat objects), heretic similar to doom but different I can'r say guns, its more like crossbow, and some magic weapons, but the game was awesome and then I was introduced to fallout and Heroes of might and magic. Nowdays I only play games on dagens casino (https://dagenscasino.se/) of course.

aXe
07-07-2017, 05:24 PM
No idea how many hours I've racked up playing Turrican on the c64 over the course of my life. Tons of Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat too. Oh Blood and Doom too.

MetalKing
04-12-2019, 12:41 PM
Some favorites I played bards tale, the tsr/dungeons and dragons games, heroes of might and magic, master of magic, master of Orion, xcom ufo, diablo and diablo 2, warcraft, starcraft, zork, seventh guest, jagged alliance, and Duke nukem. Too many great games out there to list.

BILL
05-01-2020, 12:43 AM
Alley cat...who is old enough to remember it?

maidenoz
05-01-2020, 05:03 AM
Alley cat...who is old enough to remember it?

wow. alley cat. so much pink and blue. what a game

thealchemist
05-01-2020, 06:46 AM
Wow how did this thread get resurrected?.. lol

Personally I had a hand held Mario Bros game where Mario and Luigi had to make what I think were crates of milk? (maybe it was beer lol) and place them on the back of a small truck without them breaking. I got an atari 2600 when NES/Sega Master system were the go so then I was playing Pitfall, Missile Command, etc. From there it was low end pc shareware games like Commander Keen, with upgraded systems over the years from my late teens to mid 20s it basically went; Wolfenstein 3D, Raptor call of the shadows by Apogee, Syndicate, to Duke Nukem 3D (still the best ever weapon in a game with the shrink ray!), Road Rash 2, Crusader No Regret/No Remorse, NBA Live and FIFA games, Star Wars X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, Quake (mostly for the online aspect), Moto Racer, Half Life which was a game changer for FPS imo, Mame arcade emulator (reliving games like Bank Panic, 1942 and Xevious), Powerslide, Unreal, Deus Ex, Thief 2, Unreal Tournament, Mafia, Elder Scrolls Morrowind, Half Life 2.

A lot of time and money lost really lol

Olevipoeg
05-01-2020, 10:03 AM
I just bought Castlevania: Symphony of the night for PS4. I really liked it, never played before.
My wife wanted me to install Doom to her computer on last week. She wanted to play something to get rid of tensions after hard workday. Last time she played it when she was in medical school.