PDA

View Full Version : A look at the end game: reconsidering souls classification

Patrice-1201
01-10-2018, 08:54 PM
With all the very good threads about changes I wasn’t sure where to put this one so I created a new one.

Mariner feel free to merge with one of yours ;-)

Basically if we look at the end game for most players it is about pulling characters for different reasons: collection or performance.

With the welcomed introduction of many new toons in the game, NF has created another monster: more dupes and useless toons for most while claiming souls. Éternels and Trooper Souls are great but very limited in scope so let’s look at Rare and Legendary. They were great at the beginning of the game but are now a huge source of disappointment for most players.

Realistically Legendary Souls are closer to what Rare Souls were at the beginning and Rare Souls are just Regular Souls with a small plus.

Can we think of making Legendary Souls really Legendary and maybe focused on 5* only or create an Eddie Soul? The mythical soul is not farmable so we can’t compare it.

My view is that we should have Souls classes with a real focus which are farmable or obtainable as regular rewards where we know what type of character we will be getting.

Ideas?

Dank Brew
01-10-2018, 08:58 PM
With all the very good threads about changes I wasn’t sure where to put this one so I created a new one.

Mariner feel free to merge with one of yours ;-)

Basically if we look at the end game for most players it is about pulling characters for different reasons: collection or performance.

With the welcomed introduction of many new toons in the game, NF has created another monster: more dupes and useless toons for most while claiming souls. Éternels and Trooper Souls are great but very limited in scope so let’s look at Rare and Legendary. They were great at the beginning of the game but are now a huge source of disappointment for most players.

Realistically Legendary Souls are closer to what Rare Souls were at the beginning and Rare Souls are just Regular Souls with a small plus.

Can we think of making Legendary Souls really Legendary and maybe focused on 5* only or create an Eddie Soul? The mythical soul is not farmable so we can’t compare it.

My view is that we should have Souls classes with a real focus which are farmable or obtainable as regular rewards where we know what type of character we will be getting.

Ideas?

Don't remember when but they released class legendary souls at one point. I couldn't afford them though. They should release class legendary fragments. I bet the grind would be insane lol

Amarthir
01-10-2018, 09:02 PM
I'd be okay with there being a special soul of any color or kind that would simply give you someone you don't have. Or at least raise the chance of getting said character and still offering a chance for dupe.

Don't remember when but they released class legendary souls at one point. I couldn't afford them though. They should release class legendary fragments. I bet the grind would be insane lol

Class legendary fragments would be pretty cool. With my current speculation of the Silent Planet letting you grind for soul fragments, it would be a good place to start.

Yup
01-10-2018, 09:04 PM
So you want fragments for a 4 star character you've already had for a month?

Legendary souls drop as many duplicates as any other soul. :)

Dank Brew
01-10-2018, 09:10 PM
So you want fragments for a 4 star character you've already had for a month?

Legendary souls drop as many duplicates as any other soul. :)

True but at least its a guaranteed 4*. Endless 3* sacrifices suck. With 4* sacrifices you can at least get some good vortex hahaha

Mariner-1212
01-10-2018, 09:15 PM
Patrice, love the discussion, I'm going to link to this from the main thread. I wish I had something constructive to add but at the moment, my brain is mush, haha.

slauki
01-10-2018, 11:05 PM
first thing i would do is seperate the damn g/a souls. there are so many gunner and assassin characters out there, so that this hyprid souls is complete crap if you want to focus on a specific g/a character. and since they are the hardest to get and tend to be the best/coolest chars a seperation here is desperatly needed.

so we could also introduce some legendary souls of a specific colour which they tries to sell us for 50 mio some months ago :D

but this all won't help us a lot if we want one specific char in the sea of useless dupes.

the only real reliable solution is a soul which can be bought from frontier coins and provides some specific or at least a nondupe character ...i have mentioned this before, but this is a necessity imo. it can be expensive as hell like 800 or 1000 FCs but i bet most of us would farm for weeks/months to get the long desired char he didn't receive yet. sorry for the boring repetition, but this cannot be overvalued imo.

Yup
01-10-2018, 11:23 PM
I'm all for non-dups.. but then I just thought of something....

I have every 5 star toon, except VHE. So if I pull VHE... and I can't get dups.... what then? I only pull the 3 star toons I keep sacrificing? I never get another 5 star because I have them all? I'll never manage another lvl 7 sacrifice?

Honestly, the way the trooper souls were handled was great. You still get dups via the fragments, but at least you ALSO get coins to purchase that specific toon you can't seem to get. Perhaps something like 50 Frontier coins for Legendary soul conversions... and 5 star mythical toons available for Frontier coins.

Dank Brew
01-10-2018, 11:27 PM
first thing i would do is seperate the damn g/a souls.

Fantastic idea. This would be awesome!!!

Amarthir
01-10-2018, 11:29 PM
So if they separated the rare GA soul into a Gunner soul and Assassin soul, how much should it cost? 1750 trooper points I assume, seems like a good amount.

How about they add all 5 colored legendary souls to the trooper store, they cost 10k and you can get one per month?

slauki
01-10-2018, 11:43 PM
How about they add all 5 colored legendary souls to the trooper store, they cost 10k and you can get one per month?

we could also add them in the monthly gold store for 10 mio gold and in the monthly pvp store for 1500 iron coins. so we could really enhence the chance of our desired char. vhe for yup and assassin cotd for me for example. 3 additional but expensive shots per month sounds reasonable.

Nifelheim
01-11-2018, 06:17 PM
Good ideas, and I think the devs are on the same page with the mythical soul release. Those are too new to be "boring" to end game players.

It is the monthly events for limited edition toons/rewards that will keep end game players active, the devs also see this, and I see this in other similar apps.

eventually there could be 6* characters, or toons that can utilize 8+ talismans