PDA

View Full Version : Legacy has broken my phone, be careful everyone :(

williamrubin69
08-19-2016, 03:54 PM
Went into the Legacy of the Beast app today, swiped the screen to move from the Wickerman level to the Kingdom of the Sands when the screen froze, a loud buzzing noise came out and the screen just bleached into black. The hard reset button wouldnt do anything (Its an Xperia phone with a built in battery) and Im a former electronics store adviser so I was able to go in, disconnect the battery, reconnect and nothing happened. It doesnt pick up on the computer for a reflash or anything. Been trying all day, its completely dead and I know well it was because of the game. A phone that cost me 500 euro and had just for two years without a hint of a problem is now dead. Everyone be careful :( :( :(

Kaijester
08-19-2016, 04:01 PM

Dutch
08-19-2016, 04:33 PM
Sounds like a faulty phone to me, don't think apps could ruin hardware like that but maybe I'm wrong

12lisa
08-19-2016, 04:40 PM
Maybe your phone overheated? To me it sounds like some wiring got too hot and melted so it lost contact with something thus shutting the screen down?

williamrubin69
08-19-2016, 06:11 PM
Maybe your phone overheated? To me it sounds like some wiring got too hot and melted so it lost contact with something thus shutting the screen down?

Appreciate the effort but no, was just on barely 5 minutes. Been checking the hardware myself and no smell nor sign of anything like that. The board itself is dead, I can tell that much. In response to the other two, if I thought the phone itself was faulty I wouldnt be shouting about it tbh.

Painkiller
09-15-2016, 11:12 AM
Sony Experia, is that a phone ?

MetalWarrior
09-15-2016, 11:56 AM
you should purchase a lottery ticket,your luck is one in a million,though in that case negatively :( but still, jokes aside..
so what do you think, how easy it is to write a program that can damage the hardware overriding the operating system and firmware's restriction !